π•π•–π•Ÿπ•¦π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕂π•ͺ𝕠𝕀𝕙�...

By angelicMichiko

Venus runs away from her drug-addicted mother and joins an elite team of female warriors. Kyoshi Island is vi... More

Information on VenusοΏΌ
Backstory
Chapter 1- The Avatar Is on Kyoshi Island
Chapter 2- The Crazy King
Chapter 3- Imprisonment
Chapter 4- The Waterbending Scroll
Chapter 5- Jet
Chapter 6- The Fortune Teller
Chapter 7- Bato of the Water Tribe
Chapter 8- The Deserter
Chapter 9- The North Pole
Chapter 10- Water Tribe Sleepover
Chapter 11- The Meeting
Chapter 12- Hey, Neymar?
Chapter 13- The Siege of the North: Part 1
Chapter 14- Personal Bodyguard
Chapter 15- The Siege of the North: Part 2
Chapter 16- The Avatar State
Chapter 17- Delicate Flower
Chapter 18- The Cave of Two Lover
Chapter 19- Return to Omashu
Chapter 20- The Swamp
Chapter 21- Avatar Day
Chapter 22- The Blind Bandit
Chapter 23- The Chase
Chapter 24- Bitter Work
Chapter 25- The Library
Chapter 26- The Desert
Chapter 27- The Serpent's Pass
Chapter 28- Hope
Chapter 29- The Drill
Chapter 30- City of Walls and Secrets
Chapter 31-The Tales of Venus and Sokka
Chapter 32- My Ex Is Back
Chapter 33- The Earth King
Chapter 34-Daddy Hakoda
Chapter 35- The Crossroads of Destiny
Chapter 36- The Awakening
Chapter 37- The Headband
Chapter 38- Sokka's Master
Chapter 39- Metal Man and Interruptions
Chapter 40- The Runaway
Chapter 41- Water Tribe Stories
Chapter 42- The Puppetmaster
Chapter 43- Wet Dreams
Chapter 44- Nightmares and Daydreams
Chapter 45- Before the Invasion
Chapter 46-The Day of Black Sun, Part 1: The Invasion
Chapter 47- The Day of Black Sun, Part 2: The Eclipse
Chapter 48- Venus Alone
Chapter 49- The Boiling Rock, Part 1
Chapter 50- The Boiling Rock, Part 2
Chapter 51- Family Ties
Chapter 52- Don't Go Into the Tent
Chapter 53- Wait, Is this Fucking Play About Us?
Chapter 54- Quickie
Chapter 56- Old People Camp
Chapter 57- Into the Deep End
Chapter 58- Spirit World
Chapter 59- Happy Ending

Chapter 55- Melonlord

389 10 28
By angelicMichiko

As the day progresses, we all gathered at the rocky cliffs near the beach.

"Gather round, Team Avatar." Sokka announces, placing a carved melon on a draped mannequin. "In order to take out the Fire Lord or in this case, the Melon Lord our timing has to be perfect." He kneels down on the ground and uses a stick to draw a line heading toward the Melon Lord symbol. "First, Venus and I will draw his fire. Then, Suki, Katara and Zuko charge in with some liquidy hot offense," Sokka draws another line. "and while the Melon Lord is distracted," he draws a third line. "Aang swoops in... and bam!" Sokka demonstrates destroying the Melon Lord symbol with the line. "He delivers the final blow."

Toph speaks up, "Uh... what about me?"

"For now, you're the Melon Lord's forces," Sokka replies.

Excitedly, Toph exclaims, "So I get to chuck flaming rocks at all of you?"

Sokka smiles, replying. "Whatever makes the training feel more realistic."

Toph grins. "Sweetness."

As the training begins, Toph is surrounded by boulders coated in grease, with bowls of fire set out in front of each one. "Mwah-ha-ha-ha!" she cackles.

Katara and Sokka look at Aang and Momo who look at Sokka and I. Sokka signals to the others to start moving. Sokka and I run toward Melon Lord, but become confronted by stone Fire Nation soldiers, who suddenly rise out of the ground. Sokka cuts one stone soldier in half and while I kicked down another one. We keep running, but a large burning rock boulder falls out of the sky. I leap over the boulder. Sokka finds himself fallen down just a few inches away from the flaming boulder and jumps up.

"Watch it, Toph!" Sokka angrily expresses.

"I am not Toph," she declares. "I am Melon Lord! Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

Toph lights a second boulder on fire and sends it through the air at Zuko and Katara. Suki moves swiftly around the boulder and takes on a circle of stone Fire Nation soldiers, swiftly defeating them.

"Now, Aang!" Sokka exclaimed.

Aang jumps, preparing to strike the Melon Lord with his glider staff. However, as he looks at the Melon Lord, his expression changes from anger to uncertainty. Aang stops his attack just before smashing the Melon Lord and backs away.

Watching from behind a rock, we witness the whole thing.

"What are you waiting for?" Zuko yells. "Take him out!"

"I can't," Aang admits, shaking his head.

Sokka walks up to Aang. "What's wrong with you? If this was the real deal, you'd be shot full of lightning right now."

"I'm sorry, but it just didn't feel right. I didn't feel like myself."

Sokka pulls out his sword, beheading the melon lord. Aang winces at the squishing sounds he hears. "There, that's how it's done."

A piece of melon falls on the ground near the Melon Lord. Momo slurps some melon juice out of the piece.

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

Later that evening, we all gathered for dinner outside. Suki sits on Zuko's lap, and Aang seems to be lost in thought, facing away from the rest of the group.

I take a few glances at Aang.

Noticing my concern, Sokka asks, "What's wrong? Is it about Suki and Zuko? Are they dating now?"

"I think they might have feelings for each other, but that's not what's bothering me," I sigh. "I feel like we were too hard on Aang today. He's just twelve-thirteen years old, and all of this responsibility and pressure must be overwhelming for him. Asking him to consider killing the Fire Lord goes against his morals and beliefs. I just wish none of this was happening."

Katara returns back from the attic, clutching a scroll in her hand. "I have a surprise for everyone!"

"I knew it!" Toph exclaims with a bright smile. "You did have a secret thing with Haru!" Sokka, Suki, and Zuko look at her strangely.

"Uh, no." Katara said, everyone else starts eating again.

"I always thought they would make a cute couple," I agreed. "Haru is pretty cute."

"Hey!" Sokka exclaimed. "Not with that new mustache, he's not."

I played around with my bowl of rice. "I dig it." Sokka huffs turning away from me.

"Anways," Katara said. "I was looking for cooking pots in the attic, and I found this!" She unravels the scroll showing a painting of a happy dark-haired baby playing at the beach. "Look at baby Zuko. Isn't he cute?"

Everybody except Zuko giggles and awes lightly.

Suki examines the picture. "Awe, look at his chubby cheeks." She then takes Zuko's cheek and squeezes it teasingly.

Katara noticed Zuko's annoyed expression. "Oh, lighten up. I'm just teasing."

"That's not me. It's my father."

Katara rolls up the painting.

"But he looks so sweet and innocent." Suki sadly says.

"Well, that sweet little kid grew up to be a monster, and the worst father in the history of fathers."

"But he's still a human being." Aang said from afar.

"You're going to defend him?" Zuko questioned.

"No, I agree with you." Aang stands up. "Fire Lord Ozai is a horrible person, and the world would probably be better off without him, but there's got to be another way."

"Like what?" Zuko growled.

"I don't know." Perking up, Aang said. "Maybe we can make some big pots of glue, and then I can use gluebending to stick his arms and legs together so he can't bend anymore."

Sarcastically, Zuko replies. "Yeah, then you can show him his baby pictures, and all those happy memories will make him good again." Suki and Sokka laugh.

Excitedly, Aang said. "Do you really think that would work?"

Bluntly, Zuko says. "No!"

Aang sighs, pacing back and forth. "This goes against everything I learned from the monks. I can't just go around wiping out people I don't like."

"Sure you can." Sokka teases. "You're the Avatar. If it's in the name of keeping balance, I'm pretty sure the universe will forgive you."

"Sokka," I lightly warn him.

Aang turns back to Sokka; losing his temper. "This isn't a joke, Sokka! None of you understand the position I'm in."

"Aang, we do understand. It's just..." Katara tries to explain.

"Just what, Katara? What?" Aang's voice rises.

"We're trying to help!" Katara says, raising her voice in response to Aang's outburst.

"Then, when you figure out a way for me to beat the Fire Lord without taking his life, I'd love to hear it!" Aang angrily walks away.

"Aang, don't walk away from this." Katara starts walking after Aang.

Zuko puts a hand on Katara's shoulder to stop her. "Let him go. He needs time to sort it out by himself."

I frown, concerned about the whole situation. I hate to see my friends fighting and frustrated.

After dinner, Sokka and I realized it had been a while since we had seen Aang. However, our attention quickly shifted as we found ourselves intrigued by the chemistry developing between Zuko and Suki. Determined to uncover the truth, Sokka and I decided to take matters into our own hands and initiated an impromptu interrogation.

With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Sokka began questioning Zuko, aiming to unravel any hidden feelings or intentions. "So, Zuko, care to explain what's going on between you and Suki? Is there something you'd like to share with the rest of us?"

Zuko's usually stoic expression wavered slightly, betraying a mix of surprise and uncertainty. "Uh, Sokka, it's not what you think. Suki and I have just been spending some time together, getting to know each other better. There's no hidden agenda."

Sokka raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Really? 'Cause it sure seems like there's something more happening here. Venus and I have been keeping a close eye on you two. You can't hide your secret romance forever!"

Suki couldn't help but blush at the unexpected accusation. "Sokka, we're not in a secret romance! Zuko and I have been talking and bonding over our experiences."

I chimed in, unable to resist adding my own teasing remark. "Come on, Suki. We've seen the way you two look at each other. There's definitely a spark there. Are you sure you're not just trying to deny your true feelings?"

Zuko sighed, his face turning slightly red. "Look, I admit there might be some chemistry between us, but it's complicated. We both have responsibilities and duties to attend to. Right now, we're just exploring a friendship."

Sokka and I exchanged glances, momentarily convinced by Zuko's explanation but still harboring our suspicions. "Well, alright, Zuko. We'll take your word for it... for now. But don't think we won't be watching closely!"

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

Sokka yawns, "Good morning, V."

With a sweet smile, I reply, "Good morning, Sokka," but playfully shove him away when he tries to kiss my lips.

"Go brush your teeth," I grimace, noticing his hot breath.

Sokka laughs, "You're right!" as he pulls me out of bed, and we head to the bathroom.

We both grab our toothbrushes and toothpaste, standing side by side in front of the bathroom mirror.

Teasingly, I say. "Remember, Sokka, two minutes of brushing. No shortcuts! We don't want any sneaky sugar bugs hiding in your mouth."

"I've got it, Venus. I'll brush my teeth with the precision of a Water Tribe warrior. Hygiene is serious business!"

We start brushing our teeth, exchanging playful glances in the mirror.

Giggling, I say. "Careful not to get toothpaste on your face."

"Oh, please! I have the finesse of a flying boomerang. No toothpaste shall escape my brushing technique!"

We continue brushing our teeth, our smiles reflecting in the mirror.

"Sokka, I'm so grateful for these simple moments we share. Even though we're about to face the end of the world, I wouldn't rather be with anyone else right now."

Sokka slowly frowns. "Hey, don't say that, it's not gonna be the end of the world. Aang will come to his senses soon...I hope."

We finish brushing our teeth, rinse our mouths, and spit into the sink.

Before I could exit the bathroom, Sokka grabs my hips, pulling me into his chest. I become flustered as he tenderly kisses me.

"What was that for?" I murmur in between kisses.

Sokka perked an eyebrow. "What? I can't kiss my girlfriend?"

I smile playfully, snaking my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. I soon let go, teasingly biting his bottom lip before releasing. "Let's go back, lover boy."

Everyone gathered in the courtyard, all prepared to leave Ember Island soon. Appa ate some hay while Sokka sat on his saddle, checking our supplies.

"Okay, that's everything." Sokka said.

"No, it's not." Toph injected. "Where's Aang?"

The team and I exchanged glances before dashing back into the beach house, calling out for Aang.

"Aang? Aang!" Zuko called out.

"Come on, lazy bones, let's go." Toph urged.

Katara and I checked one side of the beach house while Sokka, Zuko, and Toph searched the other. Sokka found Aang's staff on the porch.

"He left his staff. That's so strange," Sokka remarked.

Zuko walked onto the porch with Toph. "Aang's not in the house. Let's check the beach." He turns his head toward the beach.

We all walk down to the beach. "Look, there's his footprints." We follow the footprints which stop at the beach. "The trail ends here."

"So, he went for a midnight swim and never came back?" Suki questioned.

"Maybe he was captured." Katara anxiously said.

"I don't think so." Sokka said examining the footprints. "There's no sign of a struggle."

"He must have run off," I said. "He's done it once, who says he can't do it again."

Sokka shook his head. "Uh-uh. He left behind his glider and Appa."

"Then what do you think happened to him, oh sleuthy one?" Toph teased.

"It's pretty obvious. Aang mysteriously disappears before an important battle? He's definitely on a Spirit World journey." Sokka said.

I glanced up at Sokka confused, "But if he was, wouldn't his body still be here?"

Downcast, Sokka sighs. "Oh, yeah. Forgot about that."

"Then he's got to be somewhere on Ember Island. Let's split up and look for him" Katara suggested.

Toph latches onto Zuko's arm. Zuko blushes.
"I'm going with Zuko!" Sokka, Suki, Katara and I stare at her. "What?! Everyone else went on a life-changing field trip with Zuko. Now it's my turn."

Sokka and I rode on Appa, searching the shores for Aang, while the others explored the harbor city. After an unsuccessful attempt to find Aang, Sokka and I returned to the beach house.

"Judging by the looks on your faces, I'm guessing you guys didn't find Aang, either." Sokka said as he jumped off Appa.

"No. It's like he just... disappeared." Zuko added.

Toph perked up. "Hey, wait a minute. Has anyone noticed that Momo is missing, too?"

Sokka turned back to Appa. "Oh no! I knew it was only a matter of time!" He jumped down to Appa. "Appa ate Momo!" Sokka lifted up Appa's mouth. "Momo, I'm coming for you, buddy."

"Sokka, Appa didn't eat Momo." Katara said.

"He's probably with Aang," I added.

"That's just what Appa wants you to think." Sokka began climbing into Appa's mouth.

"Oh, good spirits."

"Get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka." Zuko growled. "We have a real problem here. Aang is nowhere to be found and the comet is only two days away."

"What should we do Zuko?" Katara, Suki, and Toph turn to stare at Zuko.

I turned my head to see Sokka slipping out of Appa's mouth, covered in saliva.

Zuko stood up. "I don't know." We all continue staring. "Why are you all looking at me?"

Suki shrugged her shoulders. "Well, you are kind of the expert on tracking Aang."

"Yeah, if anyone's got experience hunting the Avatar ... it's you." Toph said.

I hear slipping and sliding from behind me. "Venus help!"

"I'm not going anywhere near you until you soak yourself in rose-scented flowers."

After a long bath for Sokka, the crew and I all departed, with Appa flying along the coast, led by Zuko.

"Zuko, I don't wanna tell you how to do your job, but why are we heading towards the Earth Kingdom? There's no way Aang's there." Sokka said.

"Just trust me."

From those words, I felt Suki's body shiver in pleasure. I gasped, pushing her around in a playful way.

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

It took us all day, but we had arrived at a familiar tavern area in the Earth Kingdom. Inside the tavern, lively music played. Zuko entered, followed by Katara, Sokka, Suki, Toph and I.

"And the reason you've brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?" Katara questioned.

Zuko pointed at a beautiful woman ahead. "June."

I smiled brightly, butterflies began to form in my stomach, remembering what she had done for me a few weeks ago.

June, who held a drink, had a thug try to attack her, but she made him fall down and used him as a footrest. Another thug tried to punch her, but she dodged every punch, still holding her drink.

"Oh yeah, that weird bounty hunter with the giant mole." Sokka said. "Venus's aunt or something."

"Mole?" Suki exclaimed. "Her skin is flawless."

"No, she has this giant mole creature she rides around on." Sokka corrected.

"The shirshu." Zuko said. "It's the only animal that can track Aang's scent anywhere in the world. It's the one shot we have of finding him."

The second thug continued punching June. She threw her drink into the air, threw the thug at a table, caught her drink, and took a sip.

Toph stepped forward, grinning broadly. "I don't know who this June lady is, but I like her."

I pursed my lips to the side trying to hide my smile. "Me too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 3.5K 20
This story takes place after the war has settled. Aang and Katara finally together, Zuko the firelord, Sokka being,...well Sokka, Toph happy and neve...
3K 113 13
It has been 10 years since Azula had lost everything. Her title, her honor, and even her dignity. She now works as a prostitute in the lower rings of...
4.4K 247 13
ΰ³ƒβ€βž· ┃ πŠπˆππ†πƒπŽπŒ π‚πŽπŒπ„ - zuko 彑 ❝ You are filled with hatred, how was i so blind? ❞ ❝ I promise I changed. You know i did. ❞ β•°β”ˆβž€...
35.5K 1K 48
When Katara, Princess of the Southern Water Tribe, who never believed in love crosses paths with Aang, Air Nomad and Avatar from the Southern Air Tem...