The Bad Boy's Crush (bxb)

By Back_home_BB

"You're mine." "W-what?!" "You heard me." The male leaned in ever so closely to Noah's ear and said from the... More

1) The Beginning
2) Ray Carter
3) He's your... What?!
4) Internal Confusion
5) Not again...
6) Sasha
7) Red Skulls, Black Skulls
8) Failed attempt
9) Black Skull Tattoo? Is it a family thing?
10) Family dinner
11) Blowjob
12) Riddle
13) The meeting
14) Pet? I'm sorry what?
15) Christmas Gift
16) Twisting the Truth
17) Friendship
TBBC Q&A Interview
18) Little Mermaid's hickey
19) Underwater, different person
20) Like brother, Like brother
21) By the Black Skull's Oath.
22) On the Verge of Consciousness
23) On the Verge of Conciousness (Pt.2)
24) The Lion's Den
25) Eventful Day's Eventful End
26) Missing and Murdered
27) Return
28) To track down a tracker
29) Similar Yet Different
30) Caged emotions
32) With or Without Consequence
33) Progression

31) The Beginning of Doubt

4.9K 112 312
By Back_home_BB

Dray sighed, shaking his head.

"Sir, we really appreciate your concern, but-"

"No," Xavier stated firmly, "It's not safe for anyone right now. Just wait till we get back to say if it's okay, all of you."

The four friends glanced at each other in uncertainty.

"I'm sure the killer clown only comes out at night, besides," Chelsea laughed nervously, "We- We kinda need to go to school today. I... left something there."

"I'll get Ray to bring it. What is it?" Xavier asked, gesturing over a servant.

She quickly shook her head.

"Nevermind." Came the quick response from the dark-skinned girl.

Xavier flicked on his coat and glanced at his watch. "For now, stay with the others. I'm sure you can easily pass the time here. We have a pool, library, gameroom- Just do anything."

The four watched as he signalled the butler with a nod- Probably confirming something that was previously agreed.

"Who does he think he is, our dad?" Miguel mumbled quietly to the others.

Xavier turned sharply, "What was that?"

Miguel shot his head up, like a deer caught in headlights.

"He said thank you for having us," Dray inserted with a smile, "We're uh- glad."

"Ah, of course." Xavier nodded cheerfully.

With that, he walked out the door and left the four persistent friends inside. They sighed in defeat.

Dray looked down in disapproval at Miguel, who chuckled sheepishly.

"Absolute idiot," Kaito uttered and glared at the Latino boy from the corner of his hawk-shaped eyes.

"Well, he's gone," Chelsea shrugged and pointed at the door. "We can just leave now," She suggested.

They all quickly walked to the front door and were about to zoom out, but it opened. The four stumbled back in surprise.

There stood Gabriel, Xavier's personal driver.

He stopped at the sight of the four and his startled expression turned into one of amused realisation.

"Ah, you want to leave?" Gabriel's eyes crinkled into a gentle smile, "My dearest apologies children, but Xavier ordered everyone to stay inside until they come back."

Chelsea groaned out, "Liz isn't going to be impressed, having to wait for us like this."

Gabriel looked into the distance behind them, "Hurry up you three, you may be late for school."

Dray and the others turned their heads to see Ryland and James descending the grand staircase, with May skipping down energetically.

Their jaws dropped.

"What?!" Miguel exclaimed, "They can go to school but we can't?!" He swivelled back to Gabriel, astonished, "They're kids! Younger than us!"

Gabriel smiled apologetically at him and opened the door for James, Ryland and May, after they bid the other four goodbye. "Exactly, their school has tight security. Your college is open. Anyone can walk in."

The door shut in their faces, leaving them in silence.

Dray heaved a sigh, pondering, "Why do they care so much?"

[ . . . ]

Priyanka had just finished her breakfast and decided that she was going to try slowly build the more-than-dead bond between her and her step-brother.

Noah didn't need another side worry involving his best friend and... what was he? A boyfriend?

Priyanka froze at the idea and cleared her throat.

Anyways.

He didn't need the side worry of her and him not getting along.

Priyanka had to try.

She was going to start by approaching him about yesterday.

Xavier had told everyone to stay low for the day, until they got back with any news on the safety of Noah and the rest.

They're probably going out to tell the Black Skulls what happened with Noah.

After yesterday's events, the night consisted of rough twists and turns; Priyanka couldn't fall asleep. It seemed like her's and Elijah's mind kept falling back to their best friend.

She sighed, shaking her head.

If she could stop everything, she'd do it just for Noah. He didn't deserve any of this. Any of anything.

With Sevan's intrusion and also Crystal's bitchy behaviour in mind, Priyanka stopped in front of Ray's door, holding her breath.

' R . A . Y '

To be honest, now that she was there, she didn't want to go talk to the dickhead.

Because somehow everytime they did talk, it either ended up in an argument, or nowhere.

Priyanka preferred it to end up in an argument, if she were to be honest.

Well, at least if there was going to be an argument, Noah wouldn't be there to see it as he was currently having his own breakfast in the dining room.

She slowly lifted her hands and rapped on the heavy double doors as gently as her hesitant fists could. There was also the fact that Priyanka had never stepped a toe into Ray's room.

She would have liked to keep it that way.

A deep, gruff voice echoed from within, "Who is it."

Priyanka took a deep breath and nodded with resilience, swishing her hair out her face and putting on an armour of confidence. She spoke loudly, "Me."

There was a pause.

"Who the fuck is me." His voice seemed more annoyed: Ray knew it was Priyanka.

Nevertheless, after a moment, Priyanka heard heavy footsteps and the left side of the double doors opened, revealing Ray, who seemed to be in the middle of getting ready to go out.

He had black bottoms worn but was holding a black hoodie in his arm, clearly about to dress his bare torso.

Something on Ray's skin caught her eyes; Priyanka lowered her gaze to Ray's upper arm that was half hidden behind the other door, and caught the sight of all his neatly carved, black-inked tattoos.

Despite all the cuts and light scars, that looked like they would fade, scattering Ray's chest, arms and stomach, his tattoos were still prominent.

However a smaller, specific one on the bottom of his muscular bicep stood out. It wasn't clear from Priyanka's angle, but it was still visible.

It looked like...

What is that? A skull?

Priyanka squinted her eyes and unconsciously leaned her head forward for a better look, but the shoulder disappeared and was instead replaced with Ray's torso.

She snapped back, eyes catching Ray's narrowed ones.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Ray growled menacingly, clearly not liking the way she had appeared infront of his room with no explanation or precaution.

"Uh-" Priyanka cleared her throat and folded her arms across her stomach, "I just want to know if you guys are-"

They don't know that we know they're accomplices with The Black Skulls.

"... If you're going to look for Sevan..." Priyanka trailed off at the deadly glare she was being pinned with, "Or you can just tell me if Noah's going to be safe enough to go college tomorrow."

Ray stayed silent for a moment, observing, before hooking his hoodie over his head and pulling it down his well-toned body. He walked into his room, leaving the door open.

"Did you listen at dinner yesterday?" Ray sneered, "Father said we'll come back with a report on safety levels."

Priyanka blinked at Ray, who had walked in his room and slumped into his sofa. She couldn't help but glance around from her place at the door, a small sense of competitiveness in mind.

Huh, my room's better.

Yeah, that's what she told herself. She denied the fact that Ray's room was indeed, more well-put and designed than hers.

That's only because my room's messy at the moment. Once I tidy, it'll be way better than this abandoned animal shelter.

"I don't know, he could've told you any updates or something," Priyanka mumbled, leaning on the doorframe and poking her head into the room for a better view of the well-ornated bedroom.

Ray wordlessly poured himself a glass of wine on his circular glass coffee table and took a sip, leaning back into the sofa's cushions. "We're not going to look for Sevan," He admitted.

"What?" Locating her attention back onto her step-brother, Priyanka stared at him with wide eyes, "Why not? He's the one who broke in and tried to hurt Noah!"

She watched him wordlessly take another sip, before placing the wine down on the glass surface with a small clink. Ray turned to his step-sister and regarded her with a condescending smirk.

"Yeah, if I broke into someone's house, I'd definitely be lingering around waiting for the fucking police or something to show up," Ray got up and stretched his arms, groaning, "Especially because I'm the leader of the fucking Red Skulls. It's just such a smart thing to do, don't you agree?"

Priyanka twitched at the scornful tone and rolled her eyes at it. "Dad- Your Dad said not to call the police, so why would they show up?"

Ray paused at the stumble, but then proceeded to ignore it and pretend he didn't notice.

"Cameras, patrolling, neighbours. Better to let them find the problem themselves than you telling them and us being involved." Ray shrugged and grabbed his jacket that was laying on the armchair of the sofa. He began walking to the door, "We need to leave. Is that all you came here for?"

He stared down at the fidgeting girl in the doorway, patience wearing thin. It was clear that she still had something to say, but either didn't want to, or was having difficulty putting it into words.

Regardless, Ray wasn't going to just stand around and wait for her to spit it out.

With narrowed eyes, he lightly pushed past her and was going to walk off, when she decided to speak.

"Thank you. For yesterday," Priyanka rushed quickly, awkwardly twiddling with her fingers. She glanced up at Ray, who's broad back faced her, "For... For the Crystal thing. Thanks."

Silence fell upon the two in the wide hallway.

Priyanka began to chew the inside of her cheek: A bad habit she had developed from childhood when she was in a situation where she didn't know what to do- Or if it was just simply awkward or tense.

Wow, is me saying 'thank you' that shocking? Come on, I'm not rude!

Just when she had enough of the uncomfortable silence and was about to bid her goodbye and slide away, Ray's response stopped her.

"I didn't do it because of you."

Priyanka halted her movements of turning around and processed the words. The small spark of hope in her chest was immediately extinguished by the confession.

"I did it for Noah," Ray continued, voice a steady low and back still facing her, "That bitch was bothering him first. And she's just an annoying bitch."

Plus you looked like you could've murdered the whore. We didn't need another missing person on the news or your stupid ass in jail.

Of course, Ray kept that to himself.

He heard Priyanka breath a gentle laugh through her nostrils. "That's better. I'd rather that you did it for Noah than for me." She hummed quietly to herself, "Especially now, with everything he's going through."

Ray stayed silent at this.

What the fuck, that was depressing.

He began to tread off, away from his step-sister. However he called, whilst he walked, "There's wine in my room."

Ray turned the corner and was gone from Priyanka's vision.

She stood in front of Ray's room, which still had his left door pulled ajar and blinked.

Did Ray just indirectly tell Priyanka that she could go into his room without him in it and drink his cherished, fancy, expensive red wine?

What the hell is going on?

First he's cold, then he's condescending, and then he's a total dick.

But now he's, what, offering some kind of kindness?

Or is it pity.

Priyanka shrugged the confusion off and glanced inside the room and at the bottle of wine and half-drunk glass sitting right next to it.

They practically waved at her from their position on the circular coffee table, begging her to come in and grab them.

Tempting her.

Priyanka swallowed, looking at the luscious redness of the liquid inside the glass that Ray didn't finish.

Just one glass wouldn't hurt, besides, I could use some.

Priyanka bit her bottom lip, wobbling on her feet at her internal battle between her moral conscience and her temptation.

No. I shouldn't right now.

But... it looked so... delicious.

No.

Priyanka shook her head with a sigh and turned away from Ray's open room.

[ At James's School ]

[ James's P.O.V ]

I smiled at Gabriel in thanks and entered the gates to the school's area: May already took off to her side of the school- Well, that's where I hoped she went.

If I catch her in our field, I'm telling Mum.

Gaze subconsciously lowering to the floor, I gripped the single strap of my backpack that dangled on my right shoulder.

For some reason, it was more comfortable than wearing my bag with both its straps on both my shoulders.

As I trudged slowly across the playground to the doors of the school building, my mind began to poke at bickering thoughts.

Yesterday, everyone came home trembling, looking scared and worried. I was told what happened and went to check up on Noah after dinner, but as always, he wore the unwavering smile that he always did when I was around.

It was so obvious that he wasn't okay, that he was shaken, but he still refused to lower that facade of being fine.

Smiling wasn't going to help the situation, but he did it anyway.

After that small piece of information, I wasn't told anything else. Ryland didn't seem surprised at all, almost as if he knew more about what we were told. But wasn't telling me anything more.

A sigh broke free from my lips.

Some man broke into our home and now our safety wasn't guaranteed at all. So Pri's step-father told us all to stay at their's for the time being.

Yet they didn't call the police.

My eyes looked up and from afar, caught Ryland yanking open the door and barging himself inside.

There goes the other problem.

Ryland.

I stopped in my steps and let my arms fall limply to my side at the sight of the frustrated boy.

Lately, he's been having sudden outbursts of anger.

Not like tantrums- more like... Him just having a shorter fuse than before.

In fact, he didn't even have a short fuse before! He just used to be immature!

Well, he still is. Kind of.

Ever since I witnessed him cry, I noticed a gradual progress of aggression in his behaviour. Things that didn't previously irritate Ryland began to provoke him easily and cause him to speak out with bitter words or just a pissed tone.

Even rarely lashing out physically at something, like slamming the door, undressing vigorously and throwing his clothes, or even kicking the bed posts or his sofas.

I know that sounds like a tantrum, but the word tantrum seems child-like and silly. When Ryland did it, it was more... alarming.

Like his anger would be coming towards me next.

One time, I really did think his hands would be after me.

But- I'm pretty sure it's a phase and he'll go back to the stupidly immature self he was.

He still is stupid.

And immature.

But now he just has sudden moments of rage for God's sake. And it felt oddly familiar, but I couldn't exactly put my finger on why.

Another face suddenly sprinted across my brain.

Killian.

That's why.

The name itself caused my skin to crawl with shivers. I pulled my coat tighter around my body, seeking warmth.

Though I don't think the shivering was due to the coldness of January.

But I had nothing to worry about.

Yes, Killian was out of juvenile prison, but he wasn't exactly allowed back into this school. So I'm fine.

I nodded at my reasoning, trying to convince myself ferociously.

Isaac- No.

I won't let that get to me.

I had nothing to worry about.

Absolutely nothing to worry about.

The sudden feeling of an ice-cold hand on the back of my neck brought out a violent flinch from my body.

With speed I didn't know I could move at, I twisted my head around to see who it belonged to.

My eyes widened, chest contracting painfully.

No.

There it was. The feeling of total dread as my mind went empty, blank of any thought.

My body was frozen.

Killian grinned down at me from his towering height, a malicious, eerie swirl swimming in the depths of his pupils.

I didn't even realise when his hand let go of my nape and came to trace my jaw.

He let out a breath, close to a sigh of relief, "James."

[ 3rd Person P.O.V ]

Ice filled James's heart at the face.

Like a raging tsunami, images of Isaac's lifeless, cold body from four years ago sprinted across his brain. Tears immediately erupted in his eyes at the memories he had tried to suppress.

He couldn't breath.

Killian stared down at the wet, sky-gray eyes and tilted his head to the side, grabbing James's chin harshly in his own hold.

His breath hitched in his quivering throat at the touch as James stilled, mind not processing anything.

He couldn't breath.

A terrifying chuckle that struck James to his core echoed from Killian's mouth and travelled to his ears.

Goosebumps crawled across James's flesh as the feeling of complete devastation filled him to the brim.

He couldn't breath.

He felt suffocated. Trapped. Caged.

"Ah," Killian breathed in and stepped closer to the trembling body that was glued in its place, "It's been so long James. How are you?"

James's whole vision was filled with Killian due to how large and unbelievably built the boy was for their age.

He felt sick.

Rough, calloused fingers traced under the eyes that threatened to spill its drops of salty water.

James didn't even realise he had tears in his eyes.

In fact, he wasn't realising anything.

His mind was full of horrifying memories from four years ago: That day.

The face that haunted his sleep, that was the cause of his nightmares and dismay- The one that James never wished to see again, was right infront of him.

Looking down at him the same way he did when James begged him to tell the truth about Isaac.

As tight as a trap that holds a bee, James's throat contracted painfully and a heart-wrenching, heavy sob broke free from his lips.

It was as if Killian had an invisible hand and was strangling him, cutting off his oxygen and voice.

"Shh, what's with this upsetting face?" Killian hushed lowly. A dangerous glint of threat suddenly appeared in his obsidian-black eyes, "Aren't you happy to see me?"

Pale skin with no presence of blood beneath the flesh was paired with straight strands of night-shade hair that hung down, appearing almost like curtain bangs that reached just below his eyes. The pointed eyebrows narrowed with a clench of a firm jaw.

"I asked you a question. You're being rude, James," He warned quietly, lips pulling up into a crazed smile.

James was scared.

So, so scared.

The petrified boy urged his lungs to work properly and he gasped, heaving a choked, dry sob, "You're-" Another gasp, "You're not innocent."

James willed himself not to cry infront of this monster.

Cruel eyes locked with helpless ones in silence, until Killian spoke.

The grip on James's jaw clenched unbearably tight and he flinched.

The brimming tears were clinging onto his lower-eyelashes for dear life now, threatening to fall.

"I am," Killian mused. He tilted his head forward and smiled sickly into the distraught face, whispering, "Just not to you."

And the hold on his chin was gone.

However the throat-clenching aura of the body infront did not disappear.

A hand landed in James's soft brown locks and gently smoothened them out, almost lovingly.

A promise that this was just the beginning.

It was disgusting.

Only then, without another word, did Killian walk away, leaving a disorientated James behind.

Once he was sure that the other was inside the school building, James let his buckling knees finally give way and connect with the cold earth. Tears cascaded fervently down his cheeks like a bellowing waterfall.

And he sobbed.

It was true: No one but James was 100% certain that Killian was not innocent.

No one but him and Isaac himself.

Ryland was close to detached from him own self, with his new anger outbursts. James didn't want to go to his older brother with his problems: He had enough to deal with.

What if no one believes me?

Doubt.

James has never before felt so powerless.

[ Back at Xavier's Mansion ]

[ Noah's P.O.V]

Eating breakfast didn't help stop the overwhelming thoughts of everything meddling together in my mind.

It was constant.

The questions, the memories, the convincing.

Well, trying to convince myself.

Everything was fine: Me and my family and everyone else I love was safe in Xavier's hospitality.

We really owed him a lot, his kindness towards us wasn't forced, but he did everything he could anyway.

Part of it must be because Pri is his step-daughter and Aunty Zanyah is his wife.

I began to ascend up the stairs, but flinched at the first step.

Ah! For God's sake.

"Ow..." I hissed, jolting up straight.

Gosh, Ray.

Seriously! I can barely walk!

The feeling of my face flaring up made itself present and I shook my head quickly, slowing my movements to lessen the soreness.

God, I need to lay down.

Ray really stuck to his word. My thoughts began to merge with yesterday's night and I swallowed, body beginning to become heated.

Stop it!

I slapped my fingers against my head, as if trying to hammer the pondering out.

But... he was so good.

Oh my God!

I tightly squeezed my eyes shut and covered my face with my hands. Doing it yesterday was a bad idea, now I have more to think about!

And pain too. It's going to take at least two days for me to sit down properly with no discomfort!

But then the images of the break-in interrupted again and my face dropped in worry.

Will we actually be okay?

We don't even know what Sevan wants with me. Why would he- If it doesn't hurt me, maybe I should just hand myself over and then escape later.

It would stop anyone else getting hurt.

Xavier said he'd find out the reason to why the leader of the Red Skulls was trying to take me: That's probably what they all were going out to do.

Get together with the Black Skulls and maybe track him down?

That was another thing: It wasn't surprising that Ray was doing something violent, but he was actually assisting the Black Skulls because of his Father.

I sighed.

At least he wasn't actually apart of the Black Skulls, or even the main man in helping, like Xavier I guess.

Though uncomfortably, I finally made it to Ray's room and opened the door, limping in with a groan.

My eyes snapped forward to the bed.

What on earth?!

[ . . . ]

Elijah was out of Alexander's room and decided that Noah, Priyanka and him needed to have a serious conversation regarding yesterday.

They didn't have the chance to have a proper talk about updates or if anyone found things out. Things have been happening one after another.

Alexander was already gone; Elijah hadn't said a single word to him since morning.

And he had the audacity to act confused.

He sighed in frustration and balled his hands into fists, swinging them in the air vigorously. "Ugh!" Elijah groaned, kicking out.

So now, he was stomping to Noah's room- Ray's room actually- with his mind rapt about Alexander, Mia, Noah and the Red Skulls.

Everything was happening too quickly. It was like the universe wasn't giving Noah and everyone else the chance to even have a fresh breath.

Alexander's room was on the same floor as Ray's and on the same side, so it didn't take as long to get there as it would have if he were to arrive at Priyanka's room, which was on the floor below.

Ray was gone too; Elijah didn't know if he could stay in the same room as him.

Although lately, it seemed that Ray wasn't as much of a dickhead as before.

Or maybe Elijah just didn't have as much run ins with the man as before.

Either way, he preferred it like that.

He was trying to be civilised with Ray for Noah and it appeared to be as though Ray was aswell.

In his own messed up way.

With an annoyed pout, Elijah got to Ray's room and opened the heavy door. The startling sight that met him wasn't exactly weird for his friends, but it wasn't normal either.

Noah was laying on the carpetted ground on his front, right cheek smushed to the floor. His arms were splayed out, like a starfish.

He slewed his eyes over to Priyanka, who was on the fancy headboared, king-sized bed.

Elijah blinked.

What the hell.

Priyanka was on her back with her hair thrown over her face and she was giggling at the ceiling.

Elijah glanced up at the ceiling to see what was making her laugh like a maniac.

It was a normal ceiling. Slightly decorated and fancy, but nothing out of the ordinary.

The girl's shoulders and chest shook with each titter. Noah was staring at her, warily.

Elijah heard Noah sigh. He glanced at him from his position on the floor, "She's drunk."

Priyanka's golden brown skin shone in the useless sunlight from the window and her cheeks flushed a slight pink.

"What?" Elijah scanned the room, eyes landing on the wine bottle on the circular glass coffee table, paired with an empty wine glass next to it. He sighed, shoulders dropping, "Right. She's drunk."

The said girl flung her head to the side and pointed down at Noah. "Ah? Me? Drunk? Naaaaah," Priyanka guffawed and flopped backwards onto the bed, rolling onto her front and kicking her legs up.

She shoved her face into the soft sheets, muttering, "Ahh bedsheeets smell so fffresh. Febreeeeze!"

Noah shot his head up and made to get up with a wince, "That's- That's probably because Ray uh- changed the bed sheet covers-"

Priyanka giggled and went back onto her back, flinging her legs up so that she could see her feet from her laying position on the bed, "Wwwow! My nails need d' be bbbadicured."

"Pri!" Noah forced himself to get up with a pained groan and quickly forced her legs back down, so that she could have some decency and not accidentally make her pajama shorts ruffle upwards.

"I've been saying that- as a joke mostly," Elijah mumbled as an afterthought, "And pedicure." He groaned in despair, "Pri why did you drink! You know you can't handle more than three shots of alcohol! Wine is worse! God knows how many glasses you had."

"Apparently Ray said she could have some," Noah muttered and walked to the evidence of Priyanka being drunk, picking up the bottle.

A pause.

Noah's jaw dropped and eyes widened in disbelief, "Romanée-Conti?!"

"What?!" Elijah yelped. He stumbled to Noah and grabbed the bottle, scanning the label himself as though he didn't trust Noah's words.

"Wow," They both peered at Priyanka, who was now rolling herself into a burrito with the duvet while humming. "No wonder she wanted to try some. I want to try some too."

"No!" Noah immediately yanked the bottle out of Elijah's grasp and rushed to Ray's cupboard, where he kept all his drinks.

"Why?! My tolerance is high!" Elijah exclaimed, "Only one glass."

They heard Priyanka's muffled giggle and turned their heads to her. She popped her head out the top, hair dishevelled and fuzzy due to the friction.

A wide grin bore her face, "Hellooooo!"

Elijah slowly glanced over at Noah, who looked very much lost. His decision was changed fairly quickly, "You know what? Maybe another time."

They looked at Priyanka again.

Noah nodded, "Y-Yeah..."

Only once did they see her in such a drunken state, and that was on her eighteenth birthday.

In fact, all three of them were drunk idiots and Mia had to drive them home.

"I don't know how this is going to happen with her in her own world but," Elijah eyed Noah, "We all need to talk."

"About yesterday?" Noah questioned.

"About everything."

He agreed: They all needed to talk. But Priyanka had to be there too.

Well she was, but... not properly anyway.

And they began to talk, mainly Noah and Elijah. Priyanka added her own lost, silly comments.

The two boys were on the floor right next to the bed, while Priyanka stayed on the mattress with her head hanging off the side, staring at the two with wispy dark brown eyes.

Elijah sat cross-legged, whilst Noah stayed flat on his stomach.

"I saw a small red tattoo of a skull just beneath his jaw on his neck. I'm thinking Red Skull members get tattoos as a kind of sign thing," Noah pondered.

"Red skull? Ppppppfffft, why would ssskulls be red? Skulls 'r white!" Priyanka slurred.

The other two closed their eyes.

"Oh my God, she's nowhere near sober." Elijah moaned in despair.

"If my theory is right about the two gangs giving their members the tattoos, then the Black Skulls would probably have tattoos of a black skull somwhere." Noah offered, "Just like Red Skull members."

"Ray has a black skull," Priyanka mumbled, looking at Noah dead in the eye.

Noahs heart dropped to his stomach, making it skip a beat. She didn't look drunk when she said that.

W-What? I haven't seen one.

"Y-You're drunk Pri," Noah nervously laughed and moved the messy strands of hair out her face.

Priyanka shook her head and sniffed, "He has black skull."

Elijah locked eyes with Noah, "Where?"

Priyanka furrowed her eyebrows, as if in thought. Then she slowly raised her hand to her own shoulder.

And pointed at her temple.

"Here," She concluded.

They blinked, "What?" Noah thought back to the face he always admired and therefore had intricately pasted in his mind.

He's pretty sure Ray didn't have a tattoo of a black skull there.

"Mhm," Priyanka hummed, "His bwrrrain is so dumb that it's black and rotten, so it made his skull bllllack too."

Noah shut his eyes and held back a sigh.

Thanks Pri.

But he had to admit, the anticipation immediately converted into relief at the confirmation of Priyanka just saying her drunken inputs.

The two groaned out, heads hanging forward.

After a moment, Elijah lifted his head to look at Noah. Noah in return had to stay serious and ignore the way Priyanka was gently pulling on Elijah's curls.

"Talking about skulls, in Alexander's room I saw a black, leather-covered book with a skull embedded on the front," He hissed at a particulary sharp tug on his hair and held Priyanka's wrist. He continued, "I think it either belongs to the Black Skulls and they're keeping it safe for them, or Xavier's lot is genuinely their right-hand man or something."

Noah's heart leapt: That would mean Ray was seriously involved with these gang matters, as much as Xavier was.

However Noah failed to realise that now, he was too.

"Or it can just be a fancy book Alexander likes the look of?" Noah tried weakly.

"No." Elijah shook his head, frowning in annoyance, "He was determined to keep it from me."

Noah swallowed and began to fidget with his fingers, nervous.

"As much as Pri wants to deny it," They peeked at the drunk girl who lolled her head forward. Elijah continued, "Xavier, Ray and Alexander- all of them. They have some sort of connection to The Black Skulls. And it's deeper than we think."

She whined from her place on the bed and stretched her arms forward.

"Then that means the... Black Skullsh are pr'tecting Noah from Shhhhevan," Priyanka hiccupped and opened her eyes drowsily, "If my Dad is- hiccup- safetying Noah."

They glanced at each other.

"Dad? Wait-" Noah shook his head and decided to disregard the fact that she just called Xavier her Dad, "She's actually making sense?"

Elijah nodded at Priyanka and poked his finger right between her eyes, "Maybe she's starting to sober up."

"Wait- so-" Noah brought his memories from what the three witnessed at the meeting between Xavier, Ray, Alexander and the other three people, "That red-haired man we saw, is the leader of the Black Skulls and Xavier is helping them what- protect me?" He said with uncertainty.

"Seems like it, this asshole Sevan is the one who broke into your home- Is what Xavier said," Elijah sighed. He burried his face into his hands, "Why the hell does he want you."

A sudden thought came to Noah and he halted.

Wait.

"Wait," Noah shot his head up, realising something with a dawning terror, "The note. Do you still have it?"

Elijah looked up at Noah and slipped his eyes to Priyanka, then back to him.

"Uh, I gave it to Pri," He glanced at Priyanka, whose eyelids were cast over heavily.

Noah sighed, exasperated. He looked at her with renewed persistence.

"Pri. Priyanka!" She bounced her head to Noah at the call of her name, letting it droop again, "Pri, please," Noah sighed, "Do you remember where you put the note?"

"Mmmmmhmmmm," They perked up at her slow nod, "My coat is over.. thhhhere in the... cupboard."

"Oh for the love of God," Elijah groaned. "Note Priyanka! Note!"

Priyanka hummed and opened her eyes, regarding Elijah with a pout. She kicked her legs on the bed vehemently, "Ssstop yelling at meeeee!"

"What? I'm not-" Elijah turned to Noah, flabbergasted.

"Don't look at me, you were the one shouting at her," Noah mumbled, an amused smile slowly starting to stretch his lips.

"Yeah yeah," Elijah rolled his eyes and sighed. He shuffled forward so that he was right in front of Priyanka's drunk-flushed face. The way he spoke was agonisingly slow, "Pri, do you know where you put the note I gave you? Note?"

"Mmm," She murmered incoherently, "One for two... pretty decent ex...change."

Noah lifted his head up at the sentence, surprised. He looked at Elijah, who looked quite taken aback himself.

"What? Say that again."

"One... Two... Three, four, five..." Priyanka snorted and burst into a fit of giggles, "Once I caught a fish alive!"

They sighed in defeat.

"I think she was reciting the note. She must have memorised it," Noah projected, "Try again!"

And so he did.

"Pri, what did you say?" Elijah asked desperately, shaking her hand.

She flopped her arm back and looked up, "One! For..." Two fingers were shoved into Noah's face, "Two! Pretty decent exchange. Agreeeeed? Once you have successfully tttaken," She sniffed, echoing another hiccup and then continuing in a sing-song tone, "Friendly meeting at the U-M-A."

"Oh my God," Noah laughed incredulously and placed his hands on both sides of Priyanka's face, squishing her cheeks, "Pri, you genius!"

"Useful even when drunk," Elijah snorted, "Now we just need her to be sober."

Noah quickly hopped back to his realisation.

"Okay so, you know how we thought that Xavier was keeping someone for the Black Skulls?" Elijah listened carefully. "Well- Sevan is clearly talking about an exchange of people, now that we know he wants me."

Elijah's eyes widened and he finished for Noah, "So you're saying that the Red Skulls have two people that the Black Skulls want?"

"Or maybe the Black Skulls want someone they have and Sevan wants me and someone else," Noah leaned forward, "Alexander's phone call? I don't know who, but it could be Dray or someone else."

Elijah shook his head, "That doesn't make sense. Why would they want any of those four? They're not even involved."

Noah's theory flattened and he nodded, "True. Then that means the Black Skulls want two people that the Red Skulls have, in exchange for me."

Elijah's gaze darkened into a frown.

"The word exchange makes it sound like the Black Skulls are going to hand you over to him." Elijah slowly uttered.

A deafening silence fell upon the three, including Priyanka who was now somehow silent.

No... they wouldn't do that.

They wouldn't. Surely not. Why would Xavier be trying so hard to protect him?

"N-No, I'm sure that's not what it is," Noah shook his head, doubt beginning to fill him, "Xavier wouldn't do that- Ray wouldn't do that."

"They wouldn't, but the Black Skulls might," The clogs in Elijah's brain began to turn, his heart beat increasing simultaneously. "They're a mafia. If they want two people from the Red Skulls, what's stopping them from giving you over to Sevan?"

Noah's heart was beating at a speed that was probably impossible for a human to race. His lungs were gradually demanding more oxygen too quickly.

He didn't want to, but he was really beginning to doubt it all.

Was Ray just using him as a tactic?

"Ray wouldn't."

He was suddenly reminded of the way Ray promised him he'd protect him. And the way Alexander swore to help them stay safe. Xavier's kind sacrifices of going overboard to ensure Noah and his family are all okay.

"He wouldn't. They wouldn't help the Black Skulls then," Noah shook his head, "Then- Then they're not actually helping them."

Elijah nodded, lifting a hand to Noah's shoulder in an attempt to try calm him down, "I think that too. I don't think Xavier is actually helping the Black Skulls, only pretending to."

"Okay," Noah vigorously nodded his head, "Yeah. Because Ray wouldn't do that."

Noah repeated the phrase in his head, convincing himself that-

Ray wouldn't do that.

"I'm just giving ideas, but I think this one must be true. Unless Sevan just put the word exchange for a laugh," Elijah grumbled. He looked at Noah's anxious self and felt his heart pang in sorrow.

I'm sorry Noah, but I'll never lie to you about something so serious. Even if the lie would make you feel better.

Because from experience, Elijah scornfully remembered, false hope was worse than no hope.

"But it must be, there's no way around it," Elijah glared, "Whoever the Black Skulls are, they're going to give you over to Sevan in return for two others," Then he whispered quietly to himself, "And I remember them saying something about two months."

So that must be soon.

Elijah's grip stiffened on Noah's shoulder and he clenched his jaw tightly, "We're staying right beside you Noah. We're not going anywhere, I promise."

"Mmmhmmmm," Priyanka muttered. She jotted out her pinky finger, "Pinky promise."

Noah let out a shuddering breath and he pushed himself up. "Yeah," He laughed rigidly, "I know. I couldn't get rid of you two even if I tried."

"Damn right," Elijah cackled and pulled him into a hug, "Seriously, we're not leaving you."

Three dull knocks on the door had the two turning their heads towards it. Noah cleared his throat and called, "C-Come in!"

The door opened and in came Aiden, with Dray right behind him. Noah smiled up at the two most calmest people he knew and asked, "Hey guys, what're you two doing here?"

"Just checking on you, to be honest," Dray leaned against the doorframe and shrugged, "Plus, we aren't allowed out apparently. It's a bit boring."

"Well, where's the other three?" Elijah questioned, looking behind Dray, as if expecting them to pop out.

"Chelsea and Miguel are in the kitchen, Kai is in the library," Dray responded. He laughed lightly, "And here you three are- Is that Pri?"

They all turned to the bed, where they witnessed Priyanka sprawled out on her back, head drooping off the edge.

Her eyes were shut closed and her mouth hung open slightly.

She was asleep.

Aiden glanced at the table that had the wine bottle and glass, before looking back at Priyanka with an amused smile, "It looks like she needs some rest. A few hours would clearly help."

"Yeah," Noah sheepishly scratched the back of his head and stood up, flinching at the jolt of pain that shot from his ass. He coughed, "Yeah, I think we should let her sleep."

Aiden hummed, eyes intricately piercing Noah with a twinkle of understanding in them.

Elijah got up and stretched, "Let's go down to the kitchen with Chelsea and Miguel. I could use some food."

They all needed to take their mind off things. Food always did the trick.

Aiden laughed softly though his nostrils. He gently manoeuvred the knocked-out girl into a more comfortable position and then gestured to the door, "I think you should. Those two looked quite happy eating."

Noah smiled and thanked Aiden, before they all left the room, shutting the door behind them.

Dray walked with Noah in front and Aiden caught up to Elijah. He tapped Elijah's shoulder with a friendly grin, "You look a bit disturbed. Something wrong?"

Elijah scoffed, "Apart from Sevan wrecking Noah's house and breaking in?" He paused for a good five seconds, "Mia. She broke up with her boyfriend. Again."

Elijah's older sister, Mia, was currently at university and not in the house.

Aiden glanced at the boy next to him, eyes turning soft and aware, "Is Alexander also involved with why you're upset?"

"What? No! Why would he be?!" Elijah protested vehemently.

Because he's always partly the reason you're upset.

Aiden shrugged, "Well, you don't have to see his face today, they all went somewhere and left me and Ryland here." Aiden squinted his eyes in thought, "Well- Ryland's at school but, they're not going to take him either."

Now that Aiden mentioned him, Elijah couldn't help but feel moody about Alexander again.

"A shame he left his coat, his bank card was in it. He could've at least shopped for things we needed whilst out. Like more bandages... A couple of ointment bottles..." Aiden trailed off, his voice following him as walked ahead.

Bank card? Alexander's?

Elijah let the petty smile reach his eyes.

Right then and there, he had an idea.

A brilliant idea that would definitely feed his boredom and everyone else's.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: I'd say they're quite close to finding out the full truth 🤔

What do you think Elijah's brilliant idea is?? His mind works in complicated ways 😭😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5M 872K 71
He tips my head toward his with his index finger, keeping my eyes trained on him and driving me crazy with the primal look on his face. His grey eyes...
2.4M 81K 42
{Highest Rank In Romance: #20- 18 April 2017} "Th-this isn't allowed..." I mutter at the ground, blushing insanely, and not daring to meet his eyes. ...
266 48 22
When an innocent bet between siblings and friend turns into a battle to win. The bet you might ask? That is something one the select few know what it...
18.4K 1.1K 19
#featured #216 in Romance #42 in ChikLit Faye rolled her eyes. "You're such a loser." "And you're so hot in that." She looked at him and found him st...