FOREVER • S.ROGERS

By hansbroekman

In which an Asgardian Goddess finds a Brooklyn Soldier, and they fall in love. ''I love you.'' ''I love you t... More

CAST
ACT I
[01]
[02]
[03]
[04]
[05]
[06]
ACT II
[07]
[08]
[09]
[10]
[11]
[12]
ACT III
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
ACT IV
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
ACT V
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
ACT VI
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
JAMES SAMUAL LOKI ROGERS
SARAH FRIGGA REBECCA ROGERS
JOSEPH ODIN NICHOLAS ROGERS
ACT VII
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[EPILOGUE]

[39]

1.1K 28 6
By hansbroekman

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR, that's how Steve first explained Christmas to Freya. Lights everywhere, large and decorated trees, snow, laughter and talking of happy children and adults, family dinners, warm clothes, long evenings by the fireplace and just pure.. joy.

So, yes, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year.

In 2018 it was James' first Christmas, and also Freya's first Christmas, so Steve wanted to do everything he could to make the two happy.

He planned it beforehand, asked Natasha to help him cook, - she was invited, and he sucks at cooking - spent days thinking of the best gifts to buy for them and collected the most beautiful tree he could find.

That was Christmas 2018, 4 years have gone by since then.

December 24 2022, Christmas Eve. That's the current date.

And 4 years later, Clint's still nowhere to be found, Bruce's still is in Mexico, Rhodey, Rocket and Carol still travel around the globe. Tony and Pepper still live separate lives, they had a baby not long after Freya and Steve did, but contact just fizzled out - they found out almost a year later, but decided not to call if Pepper and Tony didn't bother telling them in first place.

Such a shame, Freya thinks every time. She - Morgan, she believes Stark's daughter is called - and James could've been such good friends.

And 4 years later Thor and Natasha still come over for a Christmas dinner.

So, yes, it's been 4 years since the snap and nothing has changed.. Freya and Steve are still engaged, Natasha still lives at the compound, Thor still drinks his troubles away and James Samuel Loki Rogers still looks exactly like his father.

The only difference is that both of Odin's children have gained weight.

Thor due to his... drinking problem.

Freya due to the fact that she's pregnant.

24 weeks to be exact.

And it's twins.

One boy, one girl.

Steve passed out when he first found out - well, not really, Rogers denies it but Natasha insists he did.

''I didn't pass out! I just had to sit down for a moment!''

Thor and Natasha had just left, the four adults had exchanged gifts over Secret Santa.

Thor got Steve a bottle of his favourite Asgardian Ale and a #number one dad cap - Rogers laughed and rolled his eyes at the cheesy jokes, as did the rest, and denied liking it. But he's wearing it right now, so..

Nat got Freya a beautiful matching mother-daughter outfit for when the babies were born - Freya teared up and then blamed it on the hormones.

Steve got Nat a pair of ballet shoes - Natasha's eyes widened and she expected all the bad memories to wash over her, but instead she felt a sense of calm. Something to keep her mind of things. She wasn't sure how Steve knew she did ballet, but she definitely was grateful for it.

Freya got Thor a box of limited edition pop tarts and a piece of jewellery that belonged to Loki, which he had searched for for years. Freya found it in one of her old bags. - Thor also teared up and then also blamed it on hormones.

The Christmas tree is still beautifully lit, the presents underneath it still shine brightly - at least, in James' eyes, they do - and the joy still hangs in the atmosphere.

''Mama! Look at all the pwesents!'' Their 3-and-a-half year old son exclaims.

''I know, buddy. It's great, isn't it?'' Steve smiles as he ruffles James' hair.

''Can we open them?'' He asks as he leans into his father's arms, who's sitting on the floor.

Steve can't help but smile as he turns to Freya.

''No. We will to open them all on Christmas morning.'' She sternly replies, one hand on her stomach.

''Please, mommy.'' James begs as he pouts.

''Please, doll.'' Steve replies as he, yes, also pouts.

The Goddess throws her head back in laughter, before her eyes fall upon the two again.

''Fine.'' She chuckles as she hands a present to James.

20 minutes later and the floors covered in wrapping paper and James is already playing superhero with his toy-version of his father's shield.

Or.. his fathers former shield.

''I'm gonna be just like daddy when I grow up!'' The blonde shrieks as he runs around.

''This was amazing.'' Freya mumbles as she plants a kiss to Steve's side and leans into his arms some more.

''There is one more thing I wanted to give you.''

She looks up in surprise, her eyes falling on the beautiful new necklace around her neck- next to Bucky's dog tags, 4 years and she still wears them - the new baby clothes on the floor and the new old record of their song behind them, including a record player.

''Even more? Hero, you shouldn't have.'' Freya smiles as she looks up at him.

''This one actually didn't cost me any money.'' He replies with smile as he hands her a box.

The Goddess of Love and War curiously looks at him, slowly grabbing the box as she inspects the rims.

It's old, very old. It smells like...
the 40's, and Freya can't shake the feeling of familiarity when she holds it.

When she opens it, her eyes widen.

The silver metal looks all too familiar and the indents in it she knows like the back of her hand.

Steve's dogs tags.

She's wanted those since Steve went under the ice.

''I-I can't believe this..'' Freya mumbles, her hands involuntarily grasping Bucky's tags.

She looks up to meet his wide grin.

''How did you get these?'' She asks
in shock.

''I searched like.. the whole internet and I eventually found out they were somewhere in a museum in Italy.''

''You went to Italy for this?!'' The Goddess exclaims.

''No, I- uh- arranged few things, and-''

Before he can finish, Freya's arms are wrapped around his necks and her lips are smashed down on his.

''Thank you, Hero. This is the best gift I've ever received.'' She smiles brightly, and it's then that Steve notices the tear coming down her cheek.

''You're welcome, Frey.'' He replies with a soft smile.

''It's the hormones.'' Freya mutters as she wipes a tear from her cheek.

''Uh-huh.'' Steve mumbles as he wraps his arms around her again and holds her as close to his body as possible.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''Steve, you have got to calm down!''

Natasha rolls her eyes as she sinks back into her chair, while said man is stressfully pacing around the room.

''I am calm!''

''No, you are not! You'll wake up Frey.'' She says as she stands up.

''Am too!''

Steve turns around and around, when Natasha finally stops him.

All while Thor and James carefully watches the interaction before him.

And, against all odds, the God decided to stay sober for the childbirth of his little sister!

''They'll be okay.'' She whispers.

Okay. A word he so desperately believe, but totally doesn't.

Freya's asleep in the hospital bed, Steve doesn't want to wake her. He really doesn't want to wake her after the exhausting last 48 hours.

No, instead, he chose to pace around the hospital room and annoying the hell out of Thor and Nat - because nothing that Steve does could ever annoy James.

''You don't know that!'' Rogers insists.

Romanoff sighs as throws herself back into the uncomfortable hospital chair again.

The babies, the twins, we're born a few hours ago. A month too early.

''It's just some tests. They did the same with Jamie, remember?'' Natasha says as she combs her fingers through said little boys hair, who smiles brightly at her.

''I don't remember.'' James mumbles.

''But Jamie wasn't born a month too early!'' Steve pleads and whines.

''Steve, they'll be fine! They've got warrior blood.'' Thor exclaims as he pulls the Captain down.

''Warrior blood!'' Jamie exclaims as he puts his thumbs up happily.

''They're right, Steve. The twins are half super-soldier, half Asgardian God. Nothing can go wrong.'' The redhead adds.

''Exactly.''

The new voice makes Thor's, Steve's and Natasha's head shoot towards the door.

Inside step two nurses, each holding a beautiful, healthy!, and little baby.

One wrapped in blue, the other in pink.

''Congratulations, sir. You have two healthy babies.''

Rogers immediately shoots up from his chair and walks towards the babies, scooping them up in both his large arms.

A large grin enters his lips, and Steve coos at the babies as he swaddles them around.

''Hi, babies.'' He whispers sweetly.

Thor and Natasha walk towards him, both wearing an equally exited smile on their faces.

''Hi, babies.'' Steve whispers again.

The little girl starts crying, and Steve immediately plants a kiss to her forehead.

''It's okay. Daddy's here, sweetheart.''

Steve smiles proudly as he hands both Thor and Natasha a baby.

''Hey, I birthed them. I should be the one to hold them first!''

Rogers immediately turns around - nearly giving himself a whiplash - and runs towards Freya when he sees her seated up.

The Goddess sends him a weak smile.

''Are they okay?'' She drowsily asks.

''They're perfect. All thanks to you.'' Steve replies as he kisses her forehead.

''I love you.'' He whispers, watching Thor and Nat coo and smile at the babies in their hands.

''I love you, too. I'll love you forever.'' Freya replies, almost as if there's no other response.

There isn't. Definitely not.

''Forever, wow.'' Steve grins as he kisses her cheeks.

''That's a long time.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''She's perfect. Looks just like you, Frey.''

The Goddess smiles brightly at her - yes, still - fiancé. He her back a matching smile.

''And he looks just like you. So, he's also perfect.'' She smiles brightly.

Her eyes fall upon their 3-year-old son running towards them, everything reminded her of Steve.

His blonde hair and blue eyes and lips and bone structure and-

Yes, she's made a clone of Steve!

''Siblings!''

Freya and Steve smile, both seated on the couch, a baby in each of their hands as Jamie jumps between.

''Yeah, buddy. They- shh, be careful!'' Rogers says, his eyes slightly widening as the blonde boy pats his sister a little too hard.

Sarah Frigga Rebecca Rogers and Joseph Odin Nicholas Rogers peacefully sleep in their parents' arms.

Sarah, after Steve's mother and Frigga after Freya's. Rebecca after Bucky's sister.

Joseph, after Steve's father and Odin after Freya's. Nicholas after the one and only Nick Fury, because the guy deserves some respect for bringing together the damn Avengers.

Born on February 28th, 2023.

''Mama, can I hold them?'' Jamie asks, excitedly jumping up and down as he holds the couches armrest.

''Do you want to hold Joey of Friggie?'' Freya asks, pointing between Joseph and Sarah before planting a kiss to Jamie's cheek.

''Both of them!'' The blonde boy exclaims happily.

''One at a time, Jamie. One at a time.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Friggie - Sarah - and Joey - Joseph - are both seated at the table, while Jamie - James - plays happily on the floor beneath them.

The 4 month old's seem to be communicating in their on language, babbling words and blowing raspberry at each other.

''Jamie, time for lunch!'' Freya smiles, watching the boy play with a truck.

''Where's daddy?'' He curiously asks, sitting down on his chair.

''He's with auntie Nat. He gave his therapy group today, remember?'' She replies as she cuts his peanut-butter sandwich in half.

''I remember.'' James mumbles, stuffing the sandwich in his mouth.

The Goddess shakes her head and chuckles as she watches him, when her phone starts ringing.

It's Steve. And, yes, after 5 years on Earth, Freya figured out how to properly use her phone!

''Hey, doll.''

''Hey, hero.'' She giggles.

''Can you get to the compound as soon as possible? Just bring the kids. Uh.. something's come up.''

The urgency and disturbance in his tone makes her eyebrows furrow.

''Why? What's wrong?'' She asks.

''I can't explain it. You've really gotta come.''

The Goddess immediately starts cleaning up the plates and picks up the babies, putting them in their strollers.

''Should I try if Thor wants to come?''

Of course not, she knows that. The years have not been kind to him. He's locked in his room, the last time she saw him was the twins' birth.

''No, uh.. don't give him hope.''

Hope?

Freya frowns, grabbing Jamie's hand as they quickly leave their house and walk towards the car.

Yes, she's also learned how to drive a car!

''Bring some things for the kids to do in the car?''

''Why, where are we going?'' The Goddess of Love and War frowns.

''Stark.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 420 24
"I'll spin for you like your favorite records used to." IN WHICH a light-hearted and playful agent of S.H.I.E.L.D is paired with the humorless patrio...
17.9K 846 20
❝WE'RE GONNA BE TIMELESS.❞ In which the Goddess of Love and War finds some of that love she's been busy spreading to everyone else. [The Fi...
100K 2.4K 39
You know, Captain America and Iron Man,right? Just something a little more private from their life ;) A mix of a huge fantasy world. You will experie...
91.4K 3.4K 27
When Steve saved her, he didn't think he would grow so attached. When Steve left her, she didn't think she'd survive. (AU themes) Steve x OC. Eventu...