No Strings Attached

By SA-Wolfie

Becca is the star vocalist of an up and coming band, until her lead guitarist quits. She needs a replacement... More

Chapter 1: Damnit
Chapter 2: Maybe
Chapter 3: Selection
Chapter 4: Pro
Chapter 5: Per Chance
Chapter 6: The Past
Chapter 7: The Present
Chapter 8: Clashing
Chapter 9: Friday
Chapter 10: In the Club
Chapter 11: Feelings
Chapter 12: First Gig
Chapter 14: Are you gonna be my girl?
Chapter 15: Hearts and Stars
Chapter 16: Take Me Out
Chapter 17: WhooHooo!
Chapter 18: And then it happened...
Chapter 19: The day after...
Chapter 20: Some things are bound to happen...
Chapter 21: What now?
Chapter 22: Strings and Boundaries
Chapter 23: Solo
Chapter 24: Firsts
Chapter 25: Exploring Emotions
Interlude

Chapter 13; Sunday

903 51 6
By SA-Wolfie

Sunday was the perfect day to rest and recover from the previous night, Becca decided, as she lay on the couch in her boy shorts and tank top, watching television. She had all the freedom she wanted as Richie was out for the day, which suited her just fine. Her head was buzzing with all the events from the previous evening: the band's kickass performance, then the sinking feeling of Scott being back on the scene, and of course Freen's unexpected advances.

It wasn't that she didn't want to give in, because god knows she almost did with how much she actually craved Freen. But so much water had gone under the bridge that it just wasn't that easy. For all she knew Freen was just doing it out of a bout of jealousy, or even curiosity. Becca had it bad for Freen and she certainly wasn't going to just open her heart to the woman just to have it crushed again. The fear was too real for her.

Speaking of the devil, Becca glanced over at her phone next to her on the couch when it buzzed from a message.

F: Hello.

B: Hey.

F: What are you up to?

B: Just lounging.

F: Oh, is the girl gone already?

B: What girl?

F: The one you took home last night.

B: I didn't take anyone home last night.

F: Oh really? Why not? Performance anxiety?

B: Funny. Nah this chick asked me really nicely not to.

F: Wow, and you listened to her?

B: Yeah, how stupid. I was cold all night.

F: This is Bangkok. It's never cold.

B: Okay fine, I was horny all night.

F: And whose fault is that?

B: That chick's fault.

F: Why? Because you were thinking about her all night?

Becca found herself blushing hard. Freen wasn't entirely off track there. It's not that Becca always got laid after a gig, but that combined with her thoughts of Freen and her scent and her lips and her hands and her whispers... Becca shivered. Damn, why did Freen have to have such a tight hold on her?

Taking too long to respond to Freen, another message came through soon after.

F: I'll take that as a yes...

Damn this woman, Becca thought. She was about to shoot off some smart-assed response but her train of thought was interrupted by a knock at the door. She definitely wasn't expecting anyone. Sauntering over to the door, she lazily swung it open with no regard as to what she was wearing. She rarely cared. However, there stood Freen on her doorstep and Becca's jaw went slack.

Freen's own mouth opened and closed once or twice as she raked her eyes over Becca's body with its barely-there clothing. She was toned and muscled like a kickboxer, which Freen knew she was. Becca had picked up the exercise routine in school already and it was well known that she could destroy a person like a hurricane if she wanted to.

"Uuuh... What are you doing here? There's no practice today." Becca stuttered a little, very aware now of the way Freen was looking at her. She could swear she saw hunger in those dark eyes, however it was well-contained hunger.

"I thought maybe we could watch a movie or something. Come on, I'll make you popcorn." Freen grinned. It seemed weird now, but it was a common tradition back in school. Most Sundays they would lounge around together at either house and watch movies and eat popcorn. It was the simplest, most enjoyable thing for the two, then, friends.

Becca breathed deeply, unsure, even somewhat bewildered at the option right in front of her that had jarred her from her previous resting place. "I don't know, Freen. I mean..."

Freen quickly interrupted before Becca came to a negative decision, "I brought you something."

Becca's interest was slightly piqued at what it could be. These days with Freen she had no idea what to expect. This was not the same Freen from school, and yet she still felt so familiar. Becca was having a rough tug of war going back and forth in her mind, not to mention her chest.

"Okay fine, you win. Make yourself comfortable. I just want to put some clothes on." Becca left the door and turned to head for her room.

Freen watched her walk off with a small smirk, closing the door behind her. "Why bother..." She whispered with a deep blush spreading across her cheeks. Freen definitely was not able to stop thinking about Becca the previous night as she lay in bed, struggling to fall asleep from everything that happened, which left a potent rush through her veins.

Becca... Why had she not noticed her earlier? Why had she not noticed her early enough? The previous night was the last bit of proof she needed to tell her that she wanted Becca and there was no running away from that. Outside the club her body just automatically reacted to Becca. She could feel her stomach swarming when they touched. She could feel her heart hammering at their proximity. It drove her utterly insane.

By the time Becca returned from her room with slacks and a t-shirt, much the same as what Freen was wearing, she saw that the movie had already been set up. She could smell the tempting scent of fresh popcorn coming from the kitchen and soon Freen appeared with a nice big bowl filled to the brim.

"So... What did you get me?" Becca smirked when they got comfortable on the couch, her body turned towards Freen. "You have always been too curious for your own good." Freen chuckled and threw a kernel or two at Becca. She aptly picked them up and tossed them back playfully. "You know I have no patience! Stop taking advantage of me!" Becca whined like a little kid, which only increased Freen's laughter. "You can only get it after the movie, okay?"

Becca sighed, defeated, and looked over to where the movie had already been set up on the TV. "So, what are we watching? An old man in a nursing home reading a story... Wait, Freen no!" Freen grinned and nodded her head enthusiastically, "Oh yes..." Becca groaned and wiped her hands over her face. Ever since school Freen had tried her damn hardest to get Becca to watch 'The Notebook', but Becca had always refused, calling it sappy, melodramatic bullshit. Becca liked action and science fiction, while Freen enjoyed romance more and they always found themselves at a stalemate.

"This is so not fair! You're blackmailing me into watching one of your movies by promising me a surprise for afterwards? That's a new low, Freen." Becca continued whining and grumbling, though she was already well aware of the fact that she had lost this fight.

"Good girls get rewarded." Freen beamed at Becca, before adding, "While bad girls get spoiled..." Becca raised one brow, suddenly unsure of which one she was supposed to be. "You talk the talk, Sarocha, I'll give you that. However, can you walk the walk?" Becca leaned her head a little closer to Freen, aiming a pointed look at her. Freen smirked a little devilishly as she shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe you'll find out some day."

With the banter coming to a pause, the two settled in comfortably on the couch and started the movie, getting lost in one of the most epic love stories of all time. Though Freen had seen it many times, she found new enjoyment in seeing Becca's reactions to it. There were sighs and smiles, shock and indignation, hope, a pounding heart, sadness and even a few tears at the bittersweet ending. All these emotions flushed over Becca's face as she sat glued to the story and it was the most beautiful thing Freen had ever seen. The rough and tough, cocky and arrogant, hardass Becca Armstrong had been reduced to a fragile little girl during the movie. All Freen wanted to do was wrap Becca up in her arms then.

"God, I hate you..." Becca said, sniffling, when the credits started rolling and it delighted Freen. "I told you it's a good movie. It only took you like almost ten years to watch!" Becca tossed the last few kernels of popcorn at Freen and said, "You're such an Allie, all prim and proper from your upbringing and your education and your good family." Freen picked up the kernels and popped them into her mouth. "Well if that's the case, then you'll have to be my Noah. I mean, who else but you would scale a freaking Ferris wheel just to get a girl to say yes to a date?!"

Becca laughed at the thought, but at the same time also blushed softly, imagining her and Freen as the characters in the movie. They did seem to fit the roles rather well and she had to ask herself whether that's why Freen had made the careful selection in bringing that specific movie for the day. A part of her hoped desperately, while the other part held her back. However she could feel the chains starting to break.

"So, can I have my surprise now?" Becca asked excitedly and Freen giggled at her child-like excitement. "Yes yes you can." Freen relented and reached into her bag, pulling out a rectangular package that felt a little heavy in its wrapping. When Becca took it, she already knew it was a book. When she opened the wrapping she held a beautiful leather bound notebook with her name embossed across the front and a music note beneath it. Becca's heart got stuck in her throat as she ran her fingers gingerly over the letters that she could so easily trace with her tips. It seemed so magical then. So full of potential. So full of power, love, hate, sadness and hope. It was her own Notebook.

"I figured since I always catch you scribbling your songs down on pieces of paper these days, that maybe you'd like a nice journal to keep everything together and...you know...just pour your heart out onto the pag
.es." Freen spoke softly with reverence as she explained to Becca, the moment filled with a certain softness that made one pleasantly dizzy.

"It's perfect." Becca swallowed and looked up at Freen. The darker woman then pointed back to the journal, "Check the first page."

Becca flipped the cover open to examine the first empty page. There was no letter and no profound quote of any sort. Just a simple design in the bottom right corner. It was the name "Freen" written in a more cursive style, accentuated by a small tulip running along the letters.

Becca smiled warmly as she ran a finger over the name, then turned that same smile at Freen next to her. "Thank you", she whispered with softened eyes - perhaps the softest Freen had seen since school

Becca shifted then, like a cat rolled up on the couch with her head in Freen's lap, she got comfortable and closed her eyes. Freen let her be and played with her hair fondly while watching another random movie. But really, she was watching the beautiful Becca sleeping in her lap more often than not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 10.7K 85
🔞🔞🔞GiP Let the magic begin.... A collaboration with Panda Wordsmith Most impressive ratings #1 on Mon #1 on Philippines #4 on Sammon #5 o...
71.4K 2.2K 23
Freen's part of the most popular crew in Diversity University while Becky works in a fast-food. They'll soon get to know each other, but what will ha...
50.9K 1.7K 27
Freen and Becky are two perfect couples that are admired and envied by the public. One of them despairs, One of them fights, What is the end?
Scratch By Wolfie

Fanfiction

296K 9.8K 53
Freen is a serious badass femme fatale who's given up on love. That is until Becky forcefully pops into her life. However, with her own skeletons, wi...