Villainous Quirk | Scarecrow...

By Not_EmDub

There are no "Villainous" and "Heroic" quirks, at least... that was Y/n's ideology, despite having the opposi... More

Bio
Chapter 1: Dreams (Updated)
Chapter 2: Big 'ol Ball of Sludge (Updated)
Chapter 3: Training with the big man (Updated)
Chapter 4: Entrance Exam (Updated)
Chapter 5: The Results (Updated)
Chapter 6: Quirk Assessment Test (Updated)
New Book Cover
Chapter 7: Aizawa Does a little bit of trolling (Updated)
Chapter 8: Combat Training (Updated)
A/n: Happy 5k reads!
Chapter 9: The Battle (Updated)
Chapter 10: Class President (Updated)
Chapter 11: USJ Invasion: Part 1
Chapter 12: USJ Invasion: Part 2
A/n: Happy 20K Reads!
Chapter 14: Obstacle Race (Happy 50k!)

Chapter 13: Echoes of a Sports Festival

2.1K 74 26
By Not_EmDub

Classes were canceled the next day, but I knew the class didn't rest easy.

I could only imagine what was on the other's minds, after such a traumatic event.

But laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, left me alone with my own thoughts.

I thought of that monster, the monster that seemingly was the reason for my regenerative abilities.

A brought my arm up to my eyeline, staring at the thin scar that stands as the only proof I undertook damage during the invasion.

Even the burns and scrapes I gained from my battle with Firefly had disappeared, not a single imperfection of the skin.

Yet the wounds I substained from Nomu had a trace left.

I hadn't slept at all since waking up in Recovery Girl's infirmary, the thought of that... thing appearing to me again sent chills down my spine.

Hah! Who would've thought, someone with a quirk based on fear... afraid...

I shook such thoughts out of my head, peering over to my alarm clock and seeing that it was time to get up, we were going back to school today.

Class 1A

The class was more lively that I expected, people spoke to each other with joy.

Some asked my about my lack of wounds after taking such a life-threatening attack from Nomu, but I chalked it up to Recovery Girl's quirk.

Midoriya sat down at his desk beside mine with a look of worry.

Midoriya: "You okay Y/n? You look like you haven't slept in days, your eyes have massive bags under them."

I, now feeling subconscious, rubbed my eyes.

Y/n: "I'm okay, just haven't been able the sleep thanks to that... thing I saw..." I was honest with Midoriya, I knew about OFA, he had the right to know about the thing in my head.

Midoriya nodded with understanding.

Before our conversation could continue, Iida stood at the front of the class, addressing us.

Iida: "Everyone! Morning homeroom is about to start! Get to your seats!"

Sero: "We're already sitting. You're the only one standing." Sero pointed out, sending a dejected Iida back to his desk.

Then, without warning, Aizawa appeared, walking through the classroom doorway wrapped head to toe in bandages.

Aizawa: "Morning."

The class: "You're already back Aizawa Sensei!?!"

Iida: "Glad to see you doing well Sensei!"

Y/n: "Can that be classified as 'doing well'?"

Aizawa stood at his podium.

Aizawa: "My welfare isn't important, because your fight is far from over."

The class murmured in unison.

Bakugo: "Our fight?"

Midoriya: "Don't tell me..."

Y/n: "More villains?..."

Aizawa: "UA's sports festival is approaching..."

The class: "That's totally ordinary!!"

I stood to my feet with my hand raised.

Y/n: "Sensei! Is this entirely appropriate? We just had a villain attack and yet we're expected to open the school to the public?"

Aizawa: "I appreciate the concerns, but it's necessary to demonstrate UA's crisis management protocols are sound. That's the thinking apparently. Compared to past years, they'll be five times as much security and police presence. Anyway, our sports festival is the greatest opportunity of your life. It's not a event that can be canceled by villains."

I sat down in contemplation, us this truly the best course of action, it's not just the school's image at stake, but our lives...

Though it did just occur to me the humongous amount of heroes that will be in attendance.

Aizawa: "The UA Sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events! The Olympics were once the world's sports festival, the whole country would be whipped into a frenzy over them, but as you know, that tradition has shrunk in scale to a shell of its former self. And as far as Japan is concerned, the event that's taken the Olympics' place is the UA Sports Festival!"

Yaoyarozu: "The nations top heroes will be watching right? They'll be there scouting us!"

Kaminari: "Theyll be looking to hire us as sidekicks after we graduate, that's how it's done."

Jiro: "And some of those sidekicks never manage to fly solo, staying sidekicks forever... that'll be you Kaminari."

Well that was... unnaturally harsh.

Aizawa: "Naturally, you'll gain valuable experience and popularity if you're picked up by a big-name hero. But your time is limited, Show the pros what you're made of here, and you'll futures for yourselves."

The entire class had looks of determination, clearly all ready to try their best.

As class was dismissed, I walked up to Aizawa's podium.

Y/n: "I'd like to grab a few support items registration forms for the Sports Festival."

Aizawa looked unimpressed as usual.

Aizawa: "You still afraid to use your quirk on others Y/n?"

It was less a question, more a unimpressed statement.

Y/n: "Yes Sensei." I stated plainly.

Aizawa reached into the podium with his free hand and pulled out 5 registration sheets.

Aizawa: "I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but it seems you're unable to come to terms with it yourself..."

I looked in confusion to what he was getting at, reaching for the registration sheets.

Aizawa: "What happened when your quirk manifested wasn't your fault..."

...

Those words hit my soul deep.

...

Aizawa: "You shouldn't be afraid to use your quirk in school."

...

Y/n: "...I-"

Aizawa: "I understand you don't want to hurt your fellow classmates, but you need to understand that this is the line of the hero, and if they feel that you need to stop using it, then they're the ones who need to find a new line of work, as heroes, they need to experience the type of pain they'll feel in the future."

I couldn't make eye contact with him, all this time, my entire life, I felt like giving up my dream, to give up on all my hard work.

This isn't the first time I've been told this, my mother made sure to drill it into my head... but... hearing it from Aizawa...

It felt... right...

Aizawa: "Take your sheets and get out of here before you cry all over my podium."

I bowed without words and took the registration sheets, speed walking toward the door.

Aizawa: "One more thing Y/n..."

I stopped, turning to face Aizawa, looking him in the eyes.

Aizawa: "Go down to the support course lab, you'll find good help down there."

I smiled.

Y/n: "Thanks Sensei."

Aizawa waved me off.

I barely made it out of the classroom before running into Midoriya and All Might, who was currently in his muscular form.

All Might: "Ah! Young L/n! Just the student I was looking for."

All Might then did something I never in a infinite number of earths imagined he'd do.

He pulled out a bento box wrapped in a pink cloth.

All Might: "Wanna have lunch?"

My mouth hung open in agape confusion, but I ultimately nodded.

I had seen stranger things after all.

All Might's Office

Midoriya and Y/n: "Fifty minutes!?!?"

We simultaneously exclaimed, both equally as shocked.

All Might had gone back to his base form, enjoying his lunch.

All Might: "Yes. My time limit's getting shorter by the day. I can barely maintain my muscle form for an hour."

Midoriya: "It's that bad..."

Y/n: "Have you told anybody else about this?" I questioned.

All Might shook his head.

All Might: "Just you two and others close to me."

I nodded, sending my mind back to the USJ, where the villains were gloating about how he's weaker, but they were talking about pure power, they don't know it's timed... do they?

Midoriya: "I'm sorr-"

All Might: "Don't apologize! We're alot alike you and I Young Midoriya. But I want to talk to you about the sports festival, Y/n I only wanted to talk about my time limit decreasing, you're free to leave if you wish."

I checked my watch and saw that I still had time before lunch ended, I decided to use this time to go down to the support department.

Y/n: "I do have somewhere to be, I'll speak to you Midoriya after school."

They both nodded and I waved goodbye, making my way to the support department.

Support Department

I arrived at the giant metal lab that led to the support department, and knocked twice.

The second knock never connected as the door flew off its hinges and sent me flying, sandwiching me between it and the wall.

???: "Hatsume! This is the last straw! One more explosion and you're banned!"

Hatsume: "Proposterous! Nobody was hurt! Now lemme get back to my babies!"

I groaned in pain as the the door fell, revealing my battered body.

Y/n: "I'm inquiring about support items..." I choke out, before collapsing to the floor.

I would've layed there to die if not for Hatsume dragging me back to life.

Hatsume dragged me back to my feet and introduced herself.

Hatsume: "My name's Mei Hatsume from the Support Course! I don't know you, but I could be useful to someone in your position!"

I shook the dust out of my hair and bowed.

Y/n: "My name's Y/n L/n, from the Hero course, I came looking for ideas on support items for the Sports Festival."

And so, we spent the rest of lunch working together.

End of School

After out final period had finished, the class packed their bags and begun to leave to go home.

Or at least... we tried to, as a sea of students stood blocking our exit.

It wasn't just students from the heroes course, but the support and general courses! Though I didn't spot Hatsume in the crowd, from the time I interacted with her, she practically lived in the lab.

It was a surprise to alot of us when we saw the crowd, to others, it was a sight of confusion.

I, using my superior psychology skills, knew already why they were here.

Uraraka: "What's going on!?" She exclaimed.

Mineta: "What're they here for?!"

Bakugo stood with his bag slung lazily over his shoulder.

Bakugo: "Scoping out the competition, duh small fry."

Y/n: "As much as it... pains me to agree with Bakugo, he's right. We are the students that survived a villain attack it makes sense that they'd try to observe us before the Sports Festival. "

Bakugo: "Doesn't matter! Move aside extras!"

Iida: "Can we please refrain from calling people we don't even know 'extras'?" Iida chastised, clearly not wanting Bakugo behavior to be a reflection of the entire class.

???: "It's true we came to get a look, but aren't you being modest." A voice sounded from the crowd, one clearly saying that last part with sarcasm.

???: "Are all the students in the hero course like this one?"

???: "Those of us who didn't make the hero course are stuck in general studies and the other tracks. There're alot of us, did you know that? Depending on the results of the sports festival, they might consider transferring us to the hero course... and the reverse is also possible."

...

That hadn't occurred to me...

After reading previous year's reports, I figured out that Aizawa's threat of expelling us wasn't a ruse at all.

But would he go as far as taking us out of the hero course? That seems... likely.

???: "This is a declaration of war..."

His words sent chills down the spines of Deku, Iida and Uraraka.

Though his words meant nothing to me.

???²: "Oi! I'm from Class 1B next door!"

???²: "You better not make fools of the hero course at this thing!"

I personally knew already to not make a fool the course, it was common sense.

But everyone in the class knew someone who'd throw the class under the bus on a whim if it furthered his goals.

Bakugo said nothing and shoved his way through the crowd.

Kirishima: "Wait you jerk! What're you doing to us? You've given us a mob of enemies!"

Bakugo: "I don't care, I'm aiming for the top. Why should I care."

And with that, Bakugo left.

Kirishima: "So straightforward and manly..."

Tokoyami: "The top... he's not wrong"

Kaminari: "Don't let him play you! All he's doing is winning us enemies!"

I sighed in annoyance, he was such a interesting specimen Bakugo. So brash and full of himself.

My guess: Spoilt Childhood.

I made my leave as well, hoping to meet up with Hatsume in the lab to continue working on my gadgets.

The general studies students who declared war on us eyed me, and I eyef him back.

No words were exchanged and I continued on my way.

1 Week Later...

A week of physical training and practicing with my new support items had led up to this moment.

The Sports Festival is today!

Class 1A were currently residing in our prep room.

Everyone was wearing our rec gear, chatting amongst ourselves. Everyone sharing feelings of excitement and nervousness.

I wore all the items designed by Hatsume on my waist, connected by a belt. An accessory not unnoticed by my classmates.

Kaminari: "Woah, nice utility belt Y/n, but I thought we couldn't use support items?"

Y/n: "You could've filled out a form to get them approved, that's what I did."

Aoyama: "oui, that's how I was able to use my sparkling belt~"

Y/n: "Though everytime someone asks about it, I have to state:"

I pull a folded up piece of paper out of my pocket and read from it.

Y/n: "If you wish to get your hands on support items like these, go down to the support lab and ask for Hatsume, the number one person for the job!..."

Kaminari and Aoyama looked at me awkwardly.

Y/n: "...I signed a legally binding document..."

Iida: "Is everyone good and ready? The event is about to begin!"

Todoroki: "Midoriya..."

Todoroki called out, gathering not only the attention of Midoriya, but the entire class.

Midoriya: "Todoroki... what is it?"

Todoroki: "Objectively speaking, I'm stronger than you, more capable."

Midoriya: "Huh? S-sure..."

Todoroki: "All Might's got his eye on you, doesn't he. I'm not going to pry into why that is but... I will beat you."

Kaminari: "Ooh, a declaration of war by the strongest in the class?"

Kirishima put his hand on Todoroki's shoulder.

Kirishima: "Hey man, why pick a fight now? We're about to go on..."

Todoroki shook his hand off.

Todoroki: "I really don't care, I'm not trying to pretend to be anyone's friend."

Midoriya looked to the ground determined.

Midoriya: "Todoroki, I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me you'll beat me... you're clearly stronger, and I can't measure up to many of the others in skill. Objectively speaking even..."

Kirishima: "Don't be so negative Midoriya. No need-"

Midoriya: "But! Everyone... even the kids from the other courses are aiming for the top... I'm not gonna fall behind."

And with that declaration, our prep time was over, and we stepped out into the light of the stadium, hundreds... no... thousands of people filled the stands, cheering for our arrival.

Though I largely ignored them and stared at the back of Todoroki's head.

Wonder what got him so worked up about Midoriya being All Might's successor.

His father is the number.2 Hero in Japan, maybe its a rivalry thing.

My guess: more childhood problems, what's with this class and it's childhood trauma!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 193 20
Intro: In the world of special abilities called quirks, y/n is one of the unfortunate souls who happens to be born without a quirk. He has graduated...
4.8K 91 10
People are born with quirks some have good ones some have shit ones and others don't have any. Y/n is one person with a good one but he doesn't reall...
284K 5.9K 41
I do not own any of the art in the story. I've noticed I've got a prominent amount of female readers (or people who wish for Y/N to be female) so whi...
125K 4.2K 31
f/n l/n was accepted into UA, even though she didn't pass any entry exam or physical test. The class who supposed to only be composed of 20 students...