A Super Nobody (Spider-Verse...

By Cryptic_Fiction

You know the story by now. With great power comes great I don't need to finish that. You've heard it to death... More

Issue 1 - Let's Start From The Beginning
Issue 2 - Punch and Judy
Issue 3 - Most Wanted
Issue 4 - Sympathy for the Devil
Issue 5 - Spider-Man Meet Spider-Man
Issue 6 - What it Takes to Be a Hero
Issue 7 - Deathtrap
Issue 8 - Tooth and Claw
Issue 9 - Lethal Protector
Issue 10 - Along Came a Spider
Issue 11 - Ultra Responsibility
Issue 12 - Induction Day
Issue 13 - Not so Black and White
Issue 14 - Full Metal Genesis
Issue 16 - Across the Spider-Verse
Issue 17 - Making Good on My Promise
Issue 18 - Canon Breaker
Issue 19 - Distress Call

Issue 15 - New York Flash

251 13 1
By Cryptic_Fiction

With Y/N gone, getting the monstrous Kaiju away, Peni was left clambering to her feet, unable to fight. Her mech was out of service for a good part, but if she managed to get to the workshop, she'd have something to even the odds. Rising to her feet, she began stumbling around as the building kept shaking, the foundation crumbling away as more people began to scream.

Peni stood still, eyes widened as cracks began to form up the walls and above her. If it collapsed now, not only would she be doomed, but so too would all the students trapped above. At this moment, there wasn't any way to communicate with Y/N or Noir; she was alone. When there was no sign of the building falling apart, Peni took the first step towards her lab, making sure not to make one wrong step. Everything was riding on the fact she would make it to her lab.

As another step was taken, the building took another loud crash, more cracks appearing as the screams only grew. Peni had no choice; taking several deep breaths, she readied herself, sprinting for the collapsed workshop moments before the building collapsed. Throwing the door wide open, her eyes widened, and her heart sank as a heap of rubble separated her from salvation. Not ready to give up, she began digging through the moving rocks, reaching for her mech. The prototype was sensor activated; if she could get close enough, it would recognise her and spring into auto-pilot. It wouldn't be enough to fight, but it was to reach the pilot, and Peni could go from there.

Squeezing through the edge, she could force her way through. Peni stretched as far as she could imagine, just out of reach every time. Pushing herself forward, the last crack echoed out. Peni looked up, horrified, as the entire school collapsed.

It collapsed only briefly as a red hue consumed the entire area. The school stood, and Peni was pulled up and held in the air. "What the?"

She turned, finding Crimson-Spider hovering next to her red hex, bleeding off him, his suit ripping. "Peni... Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah, it's you. How did you?"

The Crimson-Spider shook his head as they teleported above the school alongside her two mechs. Dropping them to the side, he took off his web shooters, concentrating the hex magic around as all the students were also lifted high into the air, avoiding the danger as the school collapsed finally. "You've got yourself in quite a mess, haven't you, cousin? You all did well to hold out this long; you can leave this to me."

Glancing at Peni's mech, the Crimson-Spider opened it up, landing next to it, tinkering away at it. "Does this thing still have an emergency self-destruct feature?"

Still floating in the air, Peni stared blankly, baffled at his question. "Yeah, but how do you know that?"

"No matter what Universe, you all share the same handy work. This will do here. Take this, radio up with Y/N and Noir." He responded, pulling up his mask and wiping a bloody lip. "We don't have long; I can't withstand this much Hex magic for long. Usually, I balance it out, 60/40 Spider-Man Scarlet Witch. But with the situation, Spider-Man must take a back seat for this one."

Floating higher, the Crimson-Spider looked towards the destruction as another mech came into play. Peni took notice getting on the comms. "That's Addy, she got it up and running."

"That robot... It can't be."

"It's called VEN#m; it's meant to be the next generation of battle mechs."

"Venom... The Peni, I knew, would never mess with such forces. Change of plans; take your tin can back." He responded, dropping it next to her. "I need to go right to the source."

Clapping his hands together, Crimson-Spider vanished, leaving Peni stunned. Quickly getting on her comms, she called Y/N for the heads up. "Y/N, Y/N, can you hear me? I lost comms with Addy, Y/N! Get out of there, you've got company."

****

"I see inside your mind that your desires for truth and justice are heavily outweighed by something ugly: fame, all eyes solely on you. You wish to be seen, to be loved. We can grant you that. I can make you a God; all will bow before you. Before Venom."

The suit opened up, and what was left of the pilot was absorbed into the cockpit. Her flesh was peeling away, growing into the Symbiote, and the only thing human left was the bloodshot red eye. The black wires and tendrils made contact with me; I gasped, feeling information flowing into me. I felt myself fading.

I saw everything. All the Symbiote, every Universe. It felt blissful, a gift. How did I live without this?

It was beautiful. I'm free.

A sudden power surge rippled through the city before I could be fully incorporated into the regime. All the lights flickered off, everything powering down. The sun almost fully set as a red hue began to glow. The VEN#m Suit let go, directing its attention upwards.

I, too, looked up, startled, seeing a Spider-Man floating above us, red hexes bleeding off. It was the other me—the Crimson Spider.

Y/N raised his half of his mask, showing a glowing red eye and trails of blood trickling down, looking at us with disgust and malice.

"Hello again, old friend." Vanishing from the spot, Y/N appeared next to me, yanking me away and throwing me into the side of the building. Stuck in a small hole, I watched on, taken back as the VEN#M suit struck him instantly. Y/N pressed his fingers down into the motion of shooting a web as the robot was held in place. Red webbing appeared from thin air, holding it back. Y/N approached, leaning right up the symbiote inches from latching onto him.

"No matter where I go, you're always mocking my existence. You're that back itch I can't get rid of. Me, the Superior Spider, Shigaraki and the League. You tore through them all for no good reason." Y/N echoed and glared at Venom. "You are nothing but a plague."

Releasing his hand, the hex-infused webbing was tightened. The robot ripped apart, leaving the Symbiote without a host. It once again tried latching onto Y/N but found no use, instead turning its attention to me. Raising my arms, I prepared for the attack, only for the hex magic to rip it apart, leaving nothing standing. "Good riddance, now, what do we do about you, big guy?"

Y/N teleported above Morbius, holding his chin and smirking. "I must admit, I prefer this version of you, Michael; if you are the Doc, the look suits you down to a T. It Keeps you from blabbering that mouth of yours with that dumb catchphrase. Peni, where's the nearest uninhabited section of the city?"

"Huh? I don't know, Oscorp Campus? It's still under construction for the next three months. But there shouldn't be any workers today."

"Oscorp, perfect." He chuckled, throwing away his earpiece and turning to me, nodding. "My mum wouldn't be happy going all out with her magic powers, but I just can't help myself now, can I?"

As if it were possible, more hex magic began bleeding off him, the power leeching around the city. It was almost blinding. I wanted to break out and help him, but even Carnage was afraid, holding me back.

"Don't even try it; remember I told you all Symbiotes share a hive mind and, in turn, all memories?"

Looking at Y/N, I paused, concerned. "Yeah."

"I've seen that guy. If we move now, we're dead."

Raising his fist, Y/N punched Morbius, launching the creature high into the air, a projection of his fist extending far and wide, a barrage, knocking the Kaiju into the half-complete Oscorp tower. Spinning around, now upside down, a heavy wind began picking up, pouring through the city surrounding Y/N. The hex magic mixed with blood began growing above Y/N as he held his hand up, charging the attack. Extending his hand out with the same web-shooting hand gesture, Y/N opened his eyes, muttering. "Hero move, New York Flash." 

The immense power fired, shredding ahead towards Morbius. The moment it made contact, the attack exploded into a colossal hex tornado, consuming the monster and destroying the campus.

A moment went by as Y/N kept floating his hex magic crippling away. Reaching for his mask, he tried putting it back on, only to drop it. This was followed by him falling. Breaking free from Carnage's hold, I shot forward, firing a web attaching to Y/N's waist as I tugged the webbing forward, smashing up both onto the rooftop's side and rolling over just inches from falling off. Both of us lay on our backs, exhausted. "What the hell was that? I don't remember Spider-Man being able to launch a Hollow Purple like that."

Y/N slumped over and coughed up blood, chuckling and wiping his mouth. "Trust me; it isn't a common occurrence... 90% of the time, I'm just regular old Spider-Man. I get the crazy powers from my mum's side."

"The Scarlet Witch."

"Crazy old Scarlet Witch." He chuckled, dropping his arms and head back. "Miguel is going to lose his shit."

"That's what you're worried about?" I scoff, raising my hand for a hive five. When none came, I smacked my own hand. "You're awesome."

"You too, buddy."

Y/N tried getting up as Doc Ock pounced, pinning us down with a chunk of metal. I struggled to fight back as Otto looked at me before focusing his gaze directly on the other me. "Y/N."

"The one and only." He coughed with a laugh. "You've been busy."

"You noticed?" Otto replied, admiring the destruction. "When you decided to wipe our world from the map, I took matters into my own hands. I escaped scattered across the Multi-Verse with nothing. Nothing but my mind and quirk."

"Otto, I did what I had to; I had no other choice."

"I know."

"Then you'll know this will hurt me more than you." He echoes, breaking free of chains as Otto pulls back, spreading chunks of metal everywhere. Y/N dived over them, kicking him around and finally freeing me. Helping me up, Y/N nodded. "Back me up, yeah?"

"You didn't even have to ask, so what's the deal? You two know each other?"

"Unfortunately. This is the Doc from my old stomping grounds; he became obsessed with being the number one Hero no matter the cost, creating metal arms to achieve his goal. I put him away only for the Green Goblin to break him out, granting him untold power with a man-made quirk."

"Damn, what sort of world did you live in... How do we stop something like that."

"Together."

Otto had already backed away, getting to higher ground, hoping to take us down. Y/N had to fully switch up his fighting abilities, unable to rely on his chaos magic for the time being; any more could kill him. I began Swinging between skyscrapers in the pulsating glow of neon as the Doc started his counterattack.

My spider sense tingled. I twirled mid-air, avoiding metallic arms whirling like a deadly dance. Y/N swung in with his webbing at the ready. I shot symbiote tendrils towards Otto to restrain those menacing metal appendages. Y/N unleashed a barrage of webbing, creating a temporary shield. But Otto, using his metal-controlling powers, effortlessly broke free.

The cityscape became our battleground. Neon lights flickered as we swung and dodged, a chaotic dance in the air. Y/N flipped gracefully, avoiding a metal tentacle aimed at his head. I, on the other hand, allowed the Symbiote to morph into razor-sharp blades, slashing through the air with a lethal grace.

Otto adapted, forming intricate metal constructs in response to our attacks. His arms elongated into deadly spears, seeking to impale us. Y/N, agile and acrobatic, danced between the attacks, countering with well-placed kicks and punches.

"How many times will we keep doing this, Otto buddy? Can't you see, there's nothing left!? Our world is gone, I have nothing, my home is gone, Aunt May is gone, Peni is gone! All we have is each other; don't do this."

"Shut up! You're too blind to the truth; you don't even know who or what you're fighting for!" Otto snapped, ripping more metal from billboards, cars, and anything else he could get on to end this dispute. Y/N reached his hand out. Hex magic crackled around him, disrupting Otto's control over his metallic arsenal. The city's neon lights flickered and distorted with the magical interference, creating an eerie ambience.

Otto, frustrated by our combined assault, unleashed a wave of metal tendrils in a last-ditch effort. The first Spider-Man and I synchronised our movements, dodging and weaving through the onslaught. We saw an opening and attack together, webbing and symbiote blades combining in a dazzling display of teamwork. I disrupted Otto's control over his metallic arms with one surge of might, rendering them useless. Y/N swung in, landing a decisive blow that sent the mad doctor crashing to the ground.

Otto lay on the ground, struggling as we both landed before him. Giving Y/N a quick fist bump, we stood before him. "It's over, Otto; let's stop this madness."

"No, no. I refuse; I will not let that monster take me!" Otto screeched, sending me back into a wall. Y/N quickly reacted, lifting Otto with his hands and slamming him against the wall. I was in the middle of still being strangled as Otto hissed. "M-Miguel is lying to you."

"W-What?" Y/N whispered, looking at me. "Let him go, Otto, let him go!"

Otto looked down on Y/N with a smug look. "I know how to return to our world in one piece."

Y/N dropped Otto, as he let me go, too. Holding my neck, I gasped for air as I fell over. "What do he mean your world?"

"Liar, Earth-2016 was wiped away and rebooted without my presence. If I step foot in that world, it will crumble apart and die; that's my Cannon Event."

"W-Who told you that? Miguel O'Hara?" Otto scoffed, crawling away. "We can go home, let me show you."

Otto opened up a portal, flinging himself in. Y/N quickly webbed Otto, holding him back and staking his feet into the ground. "Otto, stop!"

"Y/N, you need to trust me. You can see Ashido again."

"Don't listen to him!" I shout, crawling to my feet, ready to help. However, Y/N held his hand up, shaking his head. "Y/N?"

Looking at me, he sighed. "I really can't learn, can I? Be good, Rookie, you're going places. If Miguel asks, he can kiss my ass."

Y/N let go as he and Otto vanished into the portal. I stumbled forward, struck with shock. Falling to my knees, I held my waist in pain, breathing heavily, processing what happened. Where did they go? Earth-2016? Holding up my watch, I entered the number, getting an error back

"This Earth is restricted and or is no longer valid."

Panting, I slumped over, hearing the first sirens consuming the city. The terror was over, the day saved. But did we succeed in our mission?

"I need a report, Noir, Peni, any of you copy?" Miguel echoed from the watch.

Answering, Miguel appeared on the interface, looking annoyed to see me. "Old Y/N Parker reporting in... The disturbance has been dealt with. Cannon is kept in tack."

"I don't even want to ask why you've got Peni's watch. Where's the other Y/N? I need the Crimson Spider here now."

"He's gone; he got taken out by Otto. They both fell through the Multi-Verse; they're gone."

"Maldición! I'll send over a clean-up crew to deal with the mess your suicide squad caused. I need you back here now. We've got another anomaly."

"Already?" I winced, sighing. "Where?"

"Earth-65, a Vulture, you're up Y/N."

Hanging up, I looked up at the sky, taking a deep breath. "I'm up, I'm up. Yeah, I'm up. We've got this."

Miguel is lying to you.

Who told you that? Miguel O'Hara

"What did he mean by that?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 298 29
Months after the events of my first year in New York, things have returned to a small bit of normalcy. No supervillains to deal with, unless you coun...
777K 36K 87
Champion City, one of the greatest hotspots for superheroes and supervillains ever since thirty years ago, when super-powered individuals started to...
42.5K 904 13
All right lets do this one more time. Hi my name is Y/n Parker I was bitten by a radioactive spider and for 1 year I've been the one and only Spider...
225K 5.3K 41
The multiverse is nothing new to our friendly neighbourhood Spider-man. 8 months into his hero carrier he had to team up with an army of Spider power...