RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.3) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celti... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Volume 1-3 End Song

Chapter 15

218 11 0
By ZANE_555

(Team RWBY's Dorm Room)

Y/N is leaning on the wall near the entrance of the dorm room as Ironwood paced around before the four girls, sitting on the lower beds. Yang and Ruby sitting on one side and Weiss and Blake on the other side. After a few moments, Ironwood speaks up.

Ironwood: "I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice."

Yang angrily replies.

Yang: "But he attacked me!"

The general continues to pace around the room, not looking at her.

Ironwood: "Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise."

Weiss and Ruby chimes in with Ruby getting up from her spot.

Weiss: "But Yang would never do that!"

Ruby: "Yeah!"

The general sigh as he turns his attention to them.

Ironwood: "Look, you all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances."

Ironwood continues as Ruby sits back down, the entire team looking gloomy. 

Ironwood: "What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight has passed..."

With that last part, the general looks to the right while rolling his shoulder. 

Yang: But I wasn't-

Ironwood: "That's enough!"

The room falls silent upon this. Realizing his sudden outburst and glancing back at Y/N, still quiet, the general speak again, his tone more composed.

Ironwood: "The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The audience saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions as no better than poor sportsmanship."

Y/N: "What if someone use their semblance from the outside that cause Yang to see something different?"

Once more, Ironwood glances back at Y/N, addressing him.

Ironwood: "Not likely. There's a nullifier built-in the forcefield around the arena for just that reason and there was no indication of a failure."

With a brief sigh and rubbing his forehead, the general resumes speaking. 

Ironwood: "As much respect I have for you all after defending the city during the Breach, the optic of the situation shows you brutalizing your opponent after the match was over. I really want to believe your story but... you all will be disqualified to pacify the audience that witness this happen."

Ironwood then turn on his heels, walking towards the door, giving the quiet Y/N a short glance.

Ironwood: "Due to this incident, the tournament will be delayed until tomorrow."

As he said this, he left the room. As the door closed by Y/N, Yang's shock turns into miserable understanding when she looks to the ground. Slowly, she turns to her teammates.

Yang: "You guys believe me, right?"

Ruby: "Well, duh!"

Weiss: "You're hotheaded, but not ruthless."

The blonde then turn her attention to both Blake and Y/N.

Yang:  "Blake? Y/N?"

Turning her gaze away, Blake finally speaks up.

Blake: I want to believe you...

Her remark gets a shock look from Ruby and Wiess.

Ruby: "Huh!?"

Weiss: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Yang stare at Blake with tears beginning to form on her face, speaking a hurt voice.

Yang: "Blake?"

Weiss turns to Blake. 

Weiss: "How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us! And you!"

The heiress then points an accusing finger to Y/N, who is looking down at the floor.

Weiss: "How long are you going to remain silent for!? You don't also think she did it, do you?!"

Upon hearing this, Yang turn her eyes to meet Y/N's, tears still visible in her eyes. With a sigh, Y/N move from his spot near the door and walked to face the girls. 

Y/N: "Look, I'm just as stress out as all of you guys. I don't want to believe that Yang would do something like this. Hell, I spent all of my time last night going over the footage of the match. I've examined and re-examined it from all possible angles."

Ruby: "Did you find anything?"

With a groan, Y/N answers.

Y/N: "No... I found nothing. The only thing I found odd is the footage being different than what Yang is telling us."

He then walks up and kneel down in front of Yang, so their faces were on the same level. Y/N goes to raise her head to look at him directly in the eye.

Y/N: "Yang, I want you to tell me exactly what you saw last night one more time."

After a moment of silence, the teary-eyed Yang slowly responds.

Yang: "He... He attacked me first. I-I was walking up to him to help him out, and he struck out with his leg. So, I... struck back..."

Y/N took Yang's hand and squeeze it, smiling at her.

Y/N: "If you say that's what happened, then I believe you, Yang... I really do."

Yang wipes the tears in her face as she smiles back to him.

Yang: "Thanks, babe."

Y/N then turns to Blake.

Y/N: "And you, Blake?"

Taking a deep breath, Blake then gazes upon her teammates. 

Blake: "Remember when I talk about Adam... during that mission at Mountain Glenn?"

Ruby: "Yeah, we do."

Blake: "Well, Adam was good friend of mine and he changed. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual. Little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first, they were just accidents, then it was self-defense."

Y/N: "And then he doesn't even try to excuse his actions, right?"

Blake slowly nod to him.

Blake: "Before long, even I began to think he was right... this is all just... very familiar to me. I knew him longer than I knew you two."

Y/N and Yang share a look before turning back to Blake as she continues. 

Blake: "I'm feeling uncomfortable about all of this. So, I have to ask you, Yang. Do you regret what you did?"

Finishing wiping the tears from her eyes, Yang calmly responds.

Yang: "I know what I saw. I saw him attack me, so I attacked back. I have nothing to regret."

In response to this, Blake turns her gaze away from them, giving a sadden expression.

Blake: "I heard that excuse before... from Adam... everything winds up justifiable in the end." 

Her remark makes Yang disheartened and stunned Y/N. 

Y/N: "Blake, come on! This is completely different."

Blake: "I'm sorry..."

Blake walks out of the room, giving the rest of the team the cold shoulder. While Ruby and Y/N are upset by this, Weiss is more irritated.

Weiss: "Ugh, I can't believe her."

Yang: "Guys..."

All eyes fall on Yang, looking down at the floor and quietly speaks up.

Yang: "I think... I'm going to rest up... and be alone for a while."

The rest of the team all look at each other before turning to the upset Yang.

Y/N: "Of course."

Ruby: "Sure... we'll get out of your hair."

The three teammates head out to the door as Y/N look back at Yang before exiting the room. Ruby then closes the door, pausing only for a second to see Yang slump forward before shutting it completely. The team leader joins with Weiss and Y/N in the middle of the hallway. Sighing and shaking her head, Weiss comments.

Weiss: "This is such a mess..."

Ruby: "No kidding."

Y/N: "This entire situation is a lot to process." 

Jaune: "She doing, okay?"

The three then look over to an opening door of Team JNPR's room with Jaune and the rest of the team peering around the edge, giving concern looks. 

Y/N: "She's doing the best she can."

Ruby: "I heard that Mercury won't be question about the incident until he settles in a hospital."

Y/N: "So, we can't get his side of the story... great."

Ren chimes in.

Ren: "If there's anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask."

Ruby: "All right then. If that's the case..."

She then turns her gaze to Pyrrha, who is sitting on a bed.

Ruby: "Pyrrha?" 

Upon saying this, Pyrrha turns to look at Ruby.

Pyrrha: "Hm?"

Holding her clenched hands up, Ruby tries to put on a cheery grin.

Ruby: "You be sure to win one for Beacon, okay?"

Weiss nod to this as she and Y/N also smile sadly.

Weiss: "It's what Yang would want."

As they say this, Nora becomes frustrated as she storms out of the dorm and walking pass the rest of Team RWBY+Y/N without a single word. Unlike Y/N, Weiss and Ruby are confused over Nora's sudden frustration as they turn to Jaune.

Ruby: "What was that about?"

Jaune: "Oh! She's just a little upset... things just... happened."

Y/N and Jaune stare at each other before Y/N decides to change the subject, looking over at Pyrrha.

Y/N: "Good luck out there, Pyrrha."

Pyrrha turn her head away for a bit before coming back with her attempt at a confident smile to Y/N and the others.

Pyrrha: "I'll... do my best."

Y/N can hear the uncomfortableness from her tone, knowing fully well why. All he can do is have faith that things will work out in the end. Ruby then turns her attention to Pyrrha. 

Ruby: "I'll be sure to watch tonight in case you're picked!"

Pyrrha's smile dips down into worry as she looks away. Jaune then closes the door, waving goodbye along with the rest of his team. Ruby then turns to her remaining teammates with Y/N lost in thought.

Ruby: "Okay. Let's head out and find Blake."

Weiss: "Sounds like a plan. Once I'm done giving her a stern talking to, we can go get some coffee. What do you say, Y/N?"

Snapping back to alertness, Y/N turn his eyes to look at his teammates.

Y/N: "Oh, uh... I was thinking of talking to Qrow about this. See if he has found anything?"

Ruby: "You sure?"

Y/N: "Yeah. I want to find out who's responsible for this whole incident." 

Weiss and Ruby share a look with one another before looking back at Y/N. 

Weiss: "Well... if that's what you want. Then, I won't stop you."

Ruby: "Uh-huh. Good luck then."

Walking up to him, Ruby goes to give him a quick kiss on the lips before walking away. Weiss does the same only lasting longer than Ruby's kiss before parting ways and following after Ruby. Y/N then walk off on the opposite direction, taking out his scroll to call Qrow. After a few moments later, Qrow answers his call. 

Qrow: "What is it, kid?"

Y/N: "Qrow. I need you to do some digging."

(Team JNPR's Dorm Room)

Pyrrha continues to look down at the floor only for Jaune to get up in Pyrrha's surprised face.

Jaune: "You heard them! No more moping around!"

Backing away to the other side of the room, now clad in blue workout clothes and sweatbands on his head. 

Jaune: "As team leader, we gotta get you in shape for the big fight!"

He then starts doing random exercises such as running in place, pushups, sit-ups, and jumping jacks.

Jaune: "It could be today, it could be tomorrow, it could be the most important fight of your entire life!" 

He culminates this demonstration by lifting a barbell tipped with a few weights on each end, holding it in the air and sweating profusely before immediately falling backwards.

Jaune: "Ow..."

Smiling a little in bewilderment, Pyrrha tries to cut in.

Pyrrha: "Um... guys-"

Ren: "Jaune's right."

Pyrrha turn her attention to see Ren, wearing a pink apron, which reads "PLEASE DO NOTHING TO THE COOK."

Ren: "You need to focus. You'll be defending the honor of Beacon Academy."

Pyrrha: "Of course. I-"

Ren then cuts her off, holding a glass filled with a green liquid making bubbling noises in front of her face. 

Ren: "That being the case. Drink this. This blend of herbs and vegetables is filled with nutrients vital to your body's well-being."

Pyrrha: "Oh, that's-"

A small smile form on Ren's face. 

Ren: "Please, there's no need to thank me."

Jaune then stand beside the apron-wearing Ren.

Jaune: "Thank you? That looks like slime from a lakebed!"

Ren turn away from him, cradling his creation.

Ren: "Algae contains numerous spectacular properties. See for yourself."

Upon saying this, Ren makes Jaune drink the green liquid. Jaune sips it down and immediately regrets it, his face turning the same sickly green as the liquid he just drank. 

Jaune: "BLEGH!"

Quickly, Jaune goes straight over to the waste bucket, dunking his head in, getting all of the liquid out while making disgusted noises. A couple of moments later, Jaune turns back around to Ren.

Jaune: "What is wrong with you?!"

Quite surprised, Ren gesture to himself a little.

Ren: "Me? You're the one that wasted perfectly good juice."

Jaune: "We're supposed to help Pyrrha, not poison her!"

Ren: "There was absolutely nothing wrong with that."

Jaune: "If it looks the same coming up as it does go down, then there's something wrong!"

Both of them soon notice that Pyrrha is not quite cheering up as they hope, and they look at one another and deciding to quiet down.

Jaune: "Look Pyrrha. You can't let your concern for Yang and Nora hold you back."

Ren: "Especially with Nora. She's cooling down slowly. It's only a matter of time before she apologizes to you, at least in her own way." 

Pyrrha then gives a small smile to her teammates.

Pyrrha: "Thanks, you two."

Jaune then place a hand on Ren's shoulder.

Jaune: "Hey, how about we all get some fresh air?"

Pyrrha looks up at Jaune, who grins at his troubled friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 270 47
Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing R...
14.9K 464 35
Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing Series) Disclaimer: I don't own RWB...
7.4K 190 43
Here is the sixth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing...
111K 2.3K 42
This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura. He had to train himself to achieve his...