RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.3) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celti... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Volume 1-3 End Song

Chapter 13

267 10 0
By ZANE_555

(Colosseum's Locker rooms)

Team JNPR are inside of one of the locker rooms, with Nora is locked in a shouting match with Pyrrha.

Nora: "Why the hell do you threw me off like that?! I was knocked out of the ring because of you!"

Pyrrha: "I had to stop you! You were going overboard! If you made the one strike, you would have gotten all of us disqualified."

Nora: "Ugh!"

Nora looks away from her teammate's gaze.

Pyrrha: "Nora. What's got into you?" 

Immediately, Nora looks back to Pyrrha, still glaring at her.

Nora: "What's got into me?! I've sat by watching everyone praise you every single time our team does any little thing! As everyone showers you with praise and compliments. And what do the rest of us get?! Nothing...!"

Jaune tries to step in to stop the argument.

Jaune: "Uhm, guys-"

Only for Pyrrha to cut him off, visibly surprised by Nora's statement.

Pyrrha: "You... You did that because you were jealous of me?"

Nora quickly responds matter-of-factly to her.

Nora: "I did it because I'm better than you."

Her remark makes Pyrrha genuinely enraged.

Pyrrha: "Y-You think I wanted to get so much praise?"

Nora snarls back at her.

Nora: "Oh, you expect the praise, Pyrrha. You're so addicted to it, and you don't even realize it!"

Finally, Jaune asserts himself in and steps into the argument. 

Jaune: "Guys, stop this!"

The blonde guy then turns to Nora, addressing her.

Jaune: "Nora, I saw what Pyrrha was talking about. Your opponent was below her knockout threshold, and you still kept going. You were going overboard in that match. Pyrrha was in her right to stop you."

Nora was taken aback by this until she goes to glare at him.

Nora: "Of course, you would be defending Pyrrha's argument. She and Y/N are the only reason you're even competitive as a huntsman in training. Without them training you on the rooftops, you wouldn't be able to get this far."

Both Jaune and Pyrrha were stunned that Nora know about their secret training on the rooftops with Y/N.

Jaune: "Wait... you know?"

Nora snaps back.

Nora: "Of course I know! Everyone knows about it!"

Ren quietly chimes in. 

Ren: "She means everyone in our friend group."

Pyrrha and Jaune take offense to her remark. Pyrrha steps in.

Pyrrha: "Jaune is an incredible strategist and without him, we would have lost in the first round."

Nora quickly responds back at Pyrrha, dismissing her response.

Nora: "You actually struggled in those matches. And without the rest of us, you would have been defeated."

Upon saying this, tears begin to appear and rolling down on Nora's face as she resumes.

Nora: "So, why don't we get any of the credit? Why is it always Pyrrha Nikos? Why is it always the 'Invincible Girl'?!"

All eyes fall on the crying Nora as she growls and stomps her foot, muttering to herself.

Nora: "I'm worth something damn it."

After a moment of quiet, Nora quickly storms off out of the locker room just as Y/N open the door to find his friends inside.

Y/N: "Hey guys, I-"

His words are interrupted by a crying Nora shove him out of the way to leave. The rest of JNPR and now Y/N watch her go as Y/N asks.

Y/N: "Uhm... what happened?"

Ren stands up from his spot and let out a sigh.

Jaune: "Ren, what's all that about?"

Ren: "I believe that what Arslan and her team has said about Nora and me hit a little too close to home for Nora."

Y/N: "Oh... that..."

Pyrrha: "I mean, I know she can get mad, but to never to that extent."

Ren: "Indeed. It's rare that she has an outburst like that and when she does, it's just as inflammatory."

Jaune, Pyrrha, and Y/N process the information Ren gave out to them, sadden to see Nora act like this. Ren then continues further.

Ren: "Don't worry. She didn't mean anything she said. She's just... she's just need some place to blow off some steam."

Pyrrha: "I... see."

Ren: "I recommend we go off to our dorm and rest for a while. After that, we can go to the festival to give her some space and try to enjoy the rest of the day."

Jaune: "Sounds like a plan."

The blonde then turns to Y/N, who still pondering to himself before snapping back to alertness.

Jaune: "Hey, Y/N."

Y/N: "Yeah Jaune?"

Jaune: "Please keep this whole... thing that happen here to yourself, okay?"

Y/N nod to him in agreement.

Y/N: "Sure thing, Jaune. Hope things go well with you guys."

Jaune: "I sure hope so."

Ren goes to place a hand on Jaune's shoulder, standing beside him before turning to Y/N.

Ren: "Thank you, Y/N."

Y/N: "No problem. See you guys later."

After closing the locker room's door, Y/N walk away, pondering over what he just seen and what Ren told him, Jaune, and Pyrrha. Letting out a sigh, Y/N then decides.

Y/N: ("Well, I got some free time for myself. I should just head to the fairground. I haven't got the chance to visit some stalls yet and some fresh air wouldn't hurt.")

(Later On)

Walking through the festival's fairground, it is as lively as ever, but Y/N is unsure if it's because the match Team JNPR won or not, considering that Pyrrha is still the "Invincible Girl" to the public's eye. Regardless, he shakes these thoughts off his mind and focuses on what he wants to do here. Hell, he wouldn't mind if he comes across Team CFVY, Team SSSN, or even Team CRDL in this place. What he didn't expect to see is a certain orange-haired girl with her signature pink bow.

Y/N: ("Penny?")

He watches as she looks around the place until her wandering eyes shift to him. 

Penny: "...?"

After staring at him for a second, a bright smile immediately forms on her face as she happily marches towards him.

Penny: "Salutations, Y/N!"

She said this while giving him a little salute with her smile not leaving her face. 

Rolling his eyes in amusement, Y/N smirks as he does his own salute, though with just two fingers.

Y/N: "You too, Penny. So, what brings you here today?"

Penny: "Oh, I'm here to inspect each stall that catches my interest."

Y/N: "I see. Wait, where's Ciel?"

His question makes her recoil a bit as she slowly answers back.

Penny: "Uhm... she is... not here."

Upon saying this, she hiccups a little, causing her to cover her mouth and making Y/N raise a brow.

Y/N: "Not here?"

Penny: "I mean, she's around here... somewhere."

Ciel: "Penny!"

After immediately hearing that familiar voice, Penny grabs his wrist and quickly drags him to take cover behind the side of an empty stall, much to his surprise.

Y/N: "...!?"

After a moment of hiding in place and not letting go of his wrist, Penny pokes her head from the stall to spot Ciel, wandering around, searching the area.

Ciel: "Penny...! Damn it, where is she?"

Before long, the blue beret-wearing girl begins to walk in the opposite direction of where Penny and Y/N are at. Y/N also peek, staring after Ciel as she vanishes from sight among the festival goers. With a sigh of relief, Penny lets go of Y/N's wrist as she swiftly gets up on her feet, turning her gaze to him.

Penny: "Apologize for that, Y/N."

Before he can reply, Y/N slowly gets up as he rubs the wrist Penny was holding firmly.

Y/N: "No problem. Ciel is still babysitting you, huh?"

Penny: "Very much so. Under General's instruction."

Y/N: "Figure as much. And now you're hiding from her."

Penny: "Don't misunderstand. She's quite good-natured once you get to know her. It's just... I just want some time for myself, you know?"

Y/N: "Oh, I get it. Sometimes you need some time on your own, right?"

Penny: "Yes, exactly."

Y/N: "So, let's do our best in not getting caught by Ciel, alright?"

This gets a delighted nod and a playful salute from her.

Penny: "Affirmative. I-I mean, I agree."

Y/N: "And while we're here, you want to spend time with me?"

Penny: "Hm? Why's that?"

Y/N: "Because I also want to visit some stalls as well. So, our goals are aligned with each other."

Penny: "Is that so...?"

The orange-haired girl then contemplates with herself for a moment until she eventually faces him and answers happily.

Penny: "Then I'll gladly accept your suggestion. We can use our free time to become better friends."

Y/N: "Alright then. Let's get going."

Penny: "Wonderful!"

Side by side, the two walk in the opposite direction of where Ciel went to. And while they're not gazing upon the numerous stalls and stands in the fairground, Penny glances over to him and asks.

Penny: "Hey, Y/N?"

Y/N: "What is it?"

Penny: "Other than examining the area around us, what are we supposed to be doing?"

Y/N: "Why you ask?"

Penny: "Well... I'm not exactly skillful when it comes to... making conversation."

Y/N: "Oh... uh..."

Y/N then recalls from Ruby and Ironwood that Penny is not exactly a "normal" girl, and in fact, an android. So, all her peculiar actions and mannerisms previously make sense to him now. He also isn't surprised that she doesn't know what to do in this kind of situation, since he used to be like that too. With a gentle smile, Y/N then turns to her and says.

Y/N: "I suppose we can start with a question."

In response, she raised a brow.

Penny: "A question?"

Y/N: "Mm-hm. Ask me anything that comes to mind and I'll answer it."

Penny: "Oh, okay..."

After a moment of pondering, Penny then asks.

Penny: "Do you know the general?"

Y/N: "Ironwood? Yeah, for the most part. You can thank Ozpin and my mentor, Qrow for that."

Penny: "Ah, I'm fully aware of the general's affiliation with Headmaster Ozpin and Qrow Branwen."

Y/N: "Huh... while I'm not surprised you know about Ozpin, but how do you know about Qrow?"

Penny: "Oh, I encountered him a few times when I'm with the general and Winter Schnee. Though, he does seem to drink more alcohol than the average person."

Shrugging off her remark, Y/N replies.

Y/N: "Yeah, he sure does that sometimes. Still, I'm not surprised you know about Winter too."

Cheerfully, Penny nods to him.

Penny: "Yep! We are comrades after all. Do you know about Winter?"

Y/N: "I do, yes. And like you, she's also a comrade to me too."

Penny: "Really?"

Y/N: "Uh-huh."

They chit-chat some more with Penny being immensely curious and asking a bunch of questions, all related to friendship in general. Such as, what kind of topics to bring up among friends? What are things she can or can't say in social gatherings? How do you know if you made a friend upset or mad? Of course, Y/N answers most of them, while some are hard to give any response. Regardless, Penny joyously thanks him for answering her questions.

Y/N: "Hm, ever so polite."

Penny: "Huh? Am I doing something incorrect?"

Y/N: "No, not at all. I just forget how respectful you can be to others. Almost ladylike."

Joyfully, the pink bow-wearing girl answers back.

Penny: "Of course. I am a lady."

Y/N: ("Eh, you're not exactly wrong about that, Penny.")

Penny: "I compliment Weiss's hair a few times, I offer my assistance to Ruby and Weiss to search for Blake. And during my match against the two members of Team CRDL, I thank them for their time in fighting against me."

Y/N: "Yeah, everyone saw that already. Still, it's good to be well-mannered, but you can tone it down a bit when it comes to friends."

Penny: "Is it wrong?"

Y/N: "I mean, you can be casual with them. No need to be so formal."

Penny: "I see..."

With a determined nod, Penny turns to Y/N and says.

Penny: "I'll store this information into my databank."

Y/N: "What?"

Penny: "I mean, thanks for your advice."

Y/N: "Ah, no problem."

While they're not chatting, they visit some stalls that have various accessories, ornaments, and treats. One of them was serving cotton candy, which caught Y/N's attention.

Y/N: "Hey Penny. You want to try some cotton candy?"

He said this while pointing at the stall, which Penny's eyes follow.

Penny: "I don't mind trying one."

A few minutes later, Y/N is eating his pink cotton candy, walking beside Penny, who examines her blue cotton candy and Y/N with earnest interest. As odd it may sound to him, Y/N feels like she's analyzing him for whatever reason. Not a second later, Y/N speaks up.

Y/N: "You know, if you don't eat your cotton candy, it may go to waste."

Snapping to alertness, Penny responds.

Penny: "Oh, sorry. I was wondering what's the best angle to eat this 'cotton candy'."

Y/N: "It's simple. Watch me."

After saying that, Penny gazes upon Y/N leisurely taking a bite out of his treat. Somehow astounded by his action, the orange-haired girl then copies what he just did.

Y/N: "Does it taste good?"

After she finishes eating it, Penny states.

Penny: "In accordance with the gustatory receptor cells in my mouth, this treat is rather exquisite and..."

She pauses for a bit upon seeing Y/N's puzzled expression.

Y/N: "Uhm..."

Penny: "What I'm saying is that it's really tasty. Very sweet and... blue!"

Amused by her remark, Y/N comments idly.

Y/N: "Well yeah. It's blue raspberry."

Penny: "It is?"

As she said this, Penny quickly scans the treat before resuming.

Penny: "Oh, it would seem so. What's yours then?"

Y/N: "Just regular cherry."

Penny: "How is it then?"

Y/N: "Pretty good. Heh, bet I can eat it faster than you can."

His remark causes the ginger-haired girl to gasp as she asks.

Penny: "Is this suddenly a competition now?"

After taking another bite off his cotton candy, Y/N replies.

Y/N: "Eh, depends on if there's a prize involved."

Penny: "Can friendship be a prize?"

Her question makes Y/N chuckle, leaving Penny quite confused at his reaction.

Penny: "What's making you act like this?"

Y/N: "Ah, it's nothing. Just wasn't expecting to ask such a silly question."

With a small pout, Penny retorts.

Penny: "It is certainly not silly. I was asking a genuine question."

Somewhat taken aback by Penny's reaction, Y/N then comments.

Y/N: "I know, I know. All I can say is that friendship, just like trust, is earned, not given through competitions."

Penny: "Oh, I see..."

Before she can resume speaking, Penny actually finishes eating her cotton candy with Y/N doing the same a couple moments later.

Penny: "So... friendship can't be a prize... I see..."

Y/N: ("Man, she's really processing those information I've given her, huh.")

She then stares at the floor, lost in thought as Y/N watches her go silent, until something draws his eyes towards it. That being, a ball throw stand not too far away. With this mind, Y/N then speaks up.

Y/N: "Speaking of competitions and prizes, how good is your throwing, Penny?"

Snapping back to awareness, Penny turns her gaze back to Y/N as she responds joyfully.

Penny: "Oh, I believe I can toss a tennis ball approximately 150 meters with a velocity of..."

Once again, she pauses as she spots Y/N's puzzled expression.

Penny: "I-I am an excellent thrower, despite what my appearance might say about me. Why do you ask?"

Not a moment later, Y/N gesture to the ball throw stand nearby.

Y/N: "I was going to make a competition between us with that game, but now I'm afraid you might end up breaking the stand instead."

Realizing she screwed up in her response, Penny tries to reassure him while flailing her arms around.

Penny: "No need to be concerned! I know how to limit myself."

With a doubtful expression in his face, Y/N and Penny walk over to the stand. He can see the stand owner smiling as he takes Y/N's lien and hands him three yellow balls.

Stand Owner: "Here's how this game will go, kids."

The man briefly explains that the red smaller, further away targets were difficult to knock down and result in bigger prizes. The opposite is true for the closer ones. Examining all the prizes hanging at the stand's roof, Y/N settle on a wolf plushie. Thinking it might make a good gift, Y/N points at it.

Y/N: "Which one for the wolf plushie?"

Stand Owner: "It's one of the smallest ones. Good luck."

As the man said this, he stepped out of the way.

Y/N: ("He says that, but his face doesn't inspire integrity.")

Before long, Y/N lined up his first shot and threw the ball. However, it didn't hit the target dead on, but just clipped the side of the board and didn't fall down. For his second throw, Y/N judges the ball's weight and the target's weight before throwing it with more power than the previous one. While it did hit the target, it didn't budge whatsoever.

Y/N: "Damn it."

The stand owner laughs while Penny frowns, looking between Y/N and the target.

Penny: "Maybe try something like this, Y/N."

Y/N: "Hm?"

The orange-haired girl grabs his arm and adjusts his stance, much to the stand owner's amusement. Penny then mimics throwing with his arm, providing him an idea of what she's suggesting, nodding to her.

Y/N: "Okay... I see what you mean now."

Taking a deep breath, Y/N perfectly executed Penny's suggestion, nailing the target dead on and causing the board to wobble viciously, but it still didn't fall down. Y/N let out a frustrated groan, all while the stand owner laughed, leaning over the desk.

Stand Owner: "Oohh, so close. Tell you what, give you another set of three at a discount?"

With a glare, Y/N points at the man.

Y/N: "Ugh, my mentor warned me about coming across people like you. Didn't think it would happen now. I will not be at your mercy!"

Stand Owner: "Wait, what are you-?"

Penny: "Hold on..."

Both Y/N and the stand owner turn their attention to Penny, who continues speaking.

Penny: "I believe it's my turn now."

With the smirk not leaving his face, the stand owner nods, while Y/N move out of the way for Penny. The pink bow wearing girl places all three balls on the desk as she looks towards the far away targets, analyzing them. Y/N watch in anticipation and some hints of concern on what she's planning to do. Taking a deep breath, Penny suddenly picks one up and hurls it at the target. This is followed by the second and third ball a second later, each of them slamming into different targets, ripping them off the piping that's holding the targets in place.

Y/N: "Whoa..."

Stand Owner: "Huh!?"

Both Y/N and the stand owner look between the toppled targets and the seemingly innocent girl. A grin appears on Y/N's face, but the stand owner gains a sour glare. With a bright smile plastered on her face, Penny then cheerfully points at the prizes.

Penny: "I will take a wolf plushie, a bear plushie, and that large red bow."

Now suddenly grumpy, the stand owner fishes them down and hands them over to Penny.

Penny: "Thank you!"

Stand Owner: "J-Just go already."

Y/N: "Not so fast, mister."

Stand Owner: "Huh?"

Y/N: "I'll also be taking that lion plushie, cat plushie, and bunny plushie as well."

Glaring at his smirk, the stand owner snaps back.

Stand Owner: "What?! No way."

But Y/N just shrugs as he continues speaking.

Y/N: "Then, I guess I'll tell people about your games being... oh I don't know... rigged. Wonder if they'll stop coming here if we end up spilling this information to them."

His remark makes the owner recoil, realizing that he is in serious trouble for this. Y/N just smirks at his reaction, while Penny is more confused as to why Y/N is still talking to that man. Not a moment later, the stand owner lets out a sigh.

Stand Owner: "Fine... you win."

After saying that, the man gives him the other plushies in a bag before gesturing them both to leave. Walking away now, Y/N and Penny are quite happy about winning as Penny hands him the wolf plushie. Still amazed and shocked, Y/N turned his head to face Penny.

Y/N: "That was amazing, Penny! How did you do that exactly?"

Penny: "I... have a mean right swing?"

This just makes Y/N laugh lightly as he comments.

Y/N: "I'll say. What happened to 'I know how to limit myself'?"

Penny: "Well, that man didn't seem like he was playing fair, if his booth is anything to go by. So, I conclude that I shouldn't play fair either."

As she said this, Penny goes on to take off her signature pink bow and replace it with the red bow she got, while Y/N chuckles to himself.

Y/N: "Heh, defeating unfairness with unfairness. Sounds about right. Kinda funny too."

Penny: "Indeed."

Y/N then raises his hand up and says.

Y/N: "High-five, Penny!"

It only takes Penny a few seconds before she realizes what Y/N is trying to do.

Penny: "O-Oh..."

She then raises her own hand, trying to angle it so it lands on Y/N's hand. With preparation completed, Penny gives it to him and speaks.

Penny: "High-five!"

The moment Penny gives him the high-five, Y/N's hand begins to sting as he winces in pain. As he holds the hand Penny just hit, all Y/N can say is one word.

Y/N: "Oww..."

Realizing what she did, Penny speaks up.

Penny: "Oh, I'm sorry, Y/N. This was my first high-five and I wanted it to be perfect."

However, Y/N just shrugs it off as he shakes his hand off the stinging pain.

Y/N: "It's fine. Guess you don't know your own strength, huh."

Laughing awkwardly, Penny comments.

Penny: "I suppose not. So, how do I look?"

Y/N: "Hm?"

The ginger-haired girl gestures to the red bow she has on her head, waiting in anticipation.

Y/N: "Uhh... Cute? Amazing? Looks great on you?"

Despite his undecided responses, Penny gleefully nods to him.

Penny: "Thank you! You look cute as well."

Y/N: "But I didn't change anything."

Penny: "That is true. I just want to compliment you in exchange for complimenting me."

Y/N: "In that case, why call me cute?"

Penny: "Well, you have those plushies with you and from what I heard, plushies always signify cuteness."

She said this as if it was a matter of fact, much to Y/N's amusement as he put away the wolf plushie in the same bag as the other plushies.

Y/N: "You're not... wrong, but these plushies are meant for my team, not me. Besides, I prefer to be called cool than cute."

Penny: "Okay then! You're looking cool, Y/N."

Chuckling at her reply, Y/N comments.

Y/N: "A little late for that, but hey, I'll take it."

Penny: "Good. Shall we try another game?"

Upon saying this, Penny doesn't wait for his response as she begins walking faster towards a stall. Amused and somewhat concerned, Y/N follows after her. They find themselves at a test of strength called "The High Striker." Y/N can obviously see the curiosity in Penny's face as he dryly states.

Y/N: "I don't see this ending well."

Penny: "Hm? Whatever do you mean, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Just let me go first, okay?"

The still cheerful Penny then salutes to him a little.

Penny: "Roger that."

Y/N then hands her the bag of plushies before walking over to the attendant, giving him some lien.

Y/N ("Okay... how does Nora do this?")

Grabbing the hammer, Y/N makes a comical effort of lifting it up, making it seem really heavy before suddenly becoming light, much to Penny's amusement. With a smirk, Y/N brings the hammer down and the weight immediately hits the top, causing the bell to ring loudly. Y/N then turns to see Penny, jumping up and down, clapping her hands while still holding his bag.

Penny: "Wow! That was incredible, Y/N!"

Smiling confidently, Y/N walks over to her, jokingly flexing his muscles.

Y/N: "What can I say... I'm pretty strong if I do say so myself."

He then hands her the hammer and gets his bag back before whispering to her.

Y/N: "Hit it as hard as you can. Then, get ready to run with me."

After saying that, he takes several steps back, much to the attendant's bewilderment. Despite being unsure why he whispers this to her, Penny gives him a thumb down, confusing him a lot.

Y/N: "...???"

Penny is also confused as to his reaction only for her to look at her thumb down.

Penny: "Oh."

She then gives a proper thumb-up and happily nods to him as she casually drags the hammer across the ground and towards the base. She made a few grunts when trying to pull it up high, getting a few brief laughs from onlookers, which Y/N noticed.

Y/N: ("Oh you poor naive fools.")

Suddenly, Penny swings the hammer fully in one motion, slamming it down on the base of the game. In fact, the bell didn't get the chance to ring as it was sent flying off the top of the board, soaring into the sky. The attendant and the onlookers watch this in utter shock as they move out of the way for the bell to land a few meters away from them. Seeing everyone still flabbergasted with what Penny did, Y/N take this chance to idly take his liens back before fleeing from the scene with Penny following suit. To his surprise, Penny was sprinting faster than him as she ran past him and glanced towards him.

Penny: "Run faster, Y/N!"

Y/N: "I'm trying!"

(Several Moments Later)

After some more hijinks with a couple more stalls, Penny and Y/N eventually stop by at a small drinks bar to relax and catch their breaths. While Y/N is out of breath, he can see the light blush across Penny's face, despite the amount of running they've been doing and Penny being unfazed by exhaustion for the most part. Their laughter and giggles eventually die down as they just slump down in their chairs side by side.

Penny: "That... was... sensational!"

Seeing her cheery expression hasn't gone away, Y/N rolls his eyes and smirks.

Y/N: "Yeah well... I doubt we'll be allowed near those stalls anytime soon."

Penny: "I suppose that's fair."

Y/N chuckles a bit before waving to the bartender to get his attention, which it works.

Bartender: "What can I get you two?"

Y/N: "A soda."

Penny: "Oh! I would like to have some orange juice please."

Bartender: "Alright. Coming right up."

The bartender then leaves to go get their drinks. As they wait for their drinks to arrive, Y/N then turns his head a bit to face the ginger-haired girl.

Y/N: "So, Penny, tell me a bit more about yourself."

Penny: "Oh, well, my name is Penny Polendina. I am from Atlas Acade-"

Y/N: "I think we've been through that. I mean other things. Like your family, general interests? What makes you tick?"

Upon hearing that last part, Penny slightly jumps in a panic.

Penny: "I'm ticking?!"

Equally as panicked and concerned as her, Y/N gets up from his seat.

Y/N: "N-No!? Wait, should you be?!"

Penny's face then turns to a shade of red, clearly embarrassed by her sudden outburst, shifting her gaze to the side.

Penny: "A-Absolutely not. That would be ridiculous."

After saying that, Penny hiccups, causing Y/N to look at her funny.

Y/N: "Okay then."

He slowly sits back down as he now begins to see a link between her random hiccups and her nervousness or perhaps something else. With her embarrassment fading, Penny also sits back down as she continues speaking.

Penny: "My apologies, Y/N. I rarely ever talk about my family or myself in general..."

Seeing her staring at her lap with her hands balling together, Y/N responds idly.

Y/N: "Hey, if you don't want to talk about it, then it's fine with me."

Penny: "But you're my friend and I... I really want to converse with you."

There's a moment of silence between them as Y/N can see the conflicted look on her face. The bartender then comes back with their drinks in hand. After paying for their drinks and the bartender leaving them be, Y/N glances over to Penny and comments.

Y/N: "Well, if that's what you truly want to do, then don't let me or anyone else stop you from doing so."

In response, the ginger-haired girl looks at him with some level of surprise before being lost in her own thoughts or what constitutes thoughts for an android girl. She even unties her new red bow for her old pink bow. Eventually, Penny sighs before turning to him with a moderately resolute expression.

Penny: "If you say so, Y/N."

This gets a soft smile from Y/N as he takes a sip of his drink.

Y/N: "Alright then. Carry on."

Penny: "Hm let's see... I enjoy dancing. The school dance was particularly fun."

After saying that, she takes a good sip of her juice as Y/N replies.

Y/N: "Yep. It sure was."

Penny: "Especially when your blonde male friend looks like a lady."

Y/N: "You saw that too?"

Penny: "Indeed, I did."

The two then share a laugh, recalling the sight of Jaune wearing a dress. Their laughter dies down as Penny resumes.

Penny: "I don't get to hang out with my friends. Mostly because I have other matters to attend to with General Ironwood and Winter."

Y/N: "Huh... while I get that, the general could've at least given you some sort of break. Otherwise, you wouldn't be hiding from Ciel in the first place and causing a tiny commotion here."

Penny: "Well, I wouldn't say commotion."

After saying that, Penny hiccups once more, which doesn't go unnoticed by Y/N as Penny tries to pretend that it didn't happen while drinking her juice.

Penny: "Regardless, General Ironwood is trying to protect me like my father wants him to."

Y/N: "Your father?"

Penny: "Yes. My father, Pietro Polendina, is a very successful scientist and very proud of his work in robotic engineering."

Y/N: ("Ah, figures he would be her creator.")

Penny: "He can be a bit overprotective sometimes, but all he wants is to see me live my life that he's given me."

Y/N: "Ah right. Almost forget that you're... you know... 'Beep-boop. Does not compute'."

With a gentle smile, Penny then comments, whispering to his ear.

Penny: "And I'm quite thankful that you're keeping my secret a secret by the way."

After hearing her words and casually drinking his soda, Y/N replies quietly.

Y/N: "Not to worry. I promise Ruby and Ironwood that I wouldn't tell anyone." 

Penny: "Mm-hm. I'm glad you don't find it... weird to be spending time with me, even when you know about my 'true nature'."

In response, Y/N just shrugs.

Y/N: "Of course, I don't see any issue. Though, it was quite surprising when I first learned about it. But after a long while and hanging out with you, I've grown used to it. The way I see it, you're a person, despite your 'true nature'."

Processing his words, Penny places a hand on her chest as she lets out a long sigh of relief. After that, she turns to Y/N with a smile on her face.

Penny: "Once again, thanks Y/N."

Taking another sip from his soda, Y/N responds.

Y/N: "Hm, anytime. Though, your mannerisms kinda gave it away."

Penny: "Oh, was I really that obvious?"

Y/N: "Not really. If anything, most people will just think you're odd and nothing else."

Penny: "Is that a good thing?"

Y/N: "Depends if you think that's a compliment or not."

Penny: "Then I'll gladly take the compliment."

Y/N: "Good for you, I guess."

They then share a laugh, but it was rather short-lived as they focus on their drinks, sipping every now and then. Not a moment later, Y/N asks idly.

Y/N: "So, your father 'created' you?"

Penny just nods to him joyfully.

Penny: "Of course. If it weren't for his work, I wouldn't be here in the first place and never would have met Ruby and the others. And you too, of course."

Y/N: "Hm, thanks. I guess I can understand that feeling."

This makes the girl raise a brow.

Penny: "You do?"

Y/N: "Yeah. If it weren't for Qrow taking me in and not leaving me in some random orphanage, I wouldn't be here to meet Ruby and the others and of course, talking to you right now."

The moment he turns around to face Penny, he can see her happy face mere inches away from his face.

Y/N: "Penny?"

Penny: "I am quite pleased to hear this, Y/N."

Y/N: "Uh, why?"

Penny: "Because we both have something in common."

Y/N: "I... suppose we do. And well, the other reason why I'm not weirded out by your 'true nature' is that I know what it feels like to be... out of place, I guess."

Penny: "Out of place?"

Y/N: "Yep. Being friendless and unsure on how to socialize with other people around my age. In a way, I empathize with your friendship struggle."

Before he can take another sip of his drink, the elated Penny suddenly hugs him from his side, making him almost spill his soda.

Y/N: "H-Hey, Penny!"

Penny: "Yeah! We're becoming better friends!"

To Penny, it was a friendly hug, but to Y/N, it feels he's being slowly squished by some hydraulic press right now as he struggles to breathe.

Y/N: "That's good and all... but you can sit back down. You're going to spill my drink... and you're... crushing me..."

Penny: "Oops. Sorry."

And with that, Penny lets go of him and goes back to her seat, letting Y/N go as he manages to gasp for air before proceeding with drinking his soda in peace as he resumes.

Y/N: ("Okay. Next time she does that again, dodge her iron grip of a hug.") "Still, compared to me, you're kinda more oblivious and naive than I am. Though, I can't exactly blame you since you're starting to learn about the world."

Penny: "Of course. I have gathered 925 pieces of information about a variety of things and subjects. Would you like to hear them, Y/N?"

Y/N: "N-Not really. If I did, we would be here all day."

Penny: "I suppose you are correct."

The two then finish up their drinks but they continue with the conversation as a thought crosses Y/N's mind.

Y/N: "Hey Penny. Why do you randomly hiccup every now and then?"

The ginger-haired girl tries to shrug it off.

Penny: "Hiccup? Don't be silly, Y/N. I don't hiccu-"

But she's interrupted by her own hiccup, covering her mouth as she does.

Y/N: "See? You did it just now."

Unable to come up with any excuse, Penny slumps down and sighs.

Penny: "Okay, you're right. I do... sometimes hiccup."

Y/N: "And why's that?"

Penny: "According to my father, I only hiccup when I ever tell a lie."

Y/N: "I see. Was that an intentional design or...?"

Penny: "I'm not sure, though knowing how protective my father is, I wouldn't be surprised."

Y/N: "Heh, yeah. I would hate to have that."

Penny: "Does that mean you hate me now?"

He then turns to see the dishearten expression on Penny's face as Y/N quickly elaborates in a panic tone.

Y/N: "What? No! I mean your hiccuping, not you in general."

Her sadden look swiftly dissipates as she stares at him.

Penny: "Ooohh... I understand. Phew, that's a relief."

Wanting to change the subject now, Y/N then asks.

Y/N: "Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, what do you plan to do after the Vytal Festival is over?"

Penny: "Hmm... unfortunately, I'll be sent back to Atlas Academy under my father and the general's instruction."

Y/N: "Well, you are technically an Atlas student."

Penny: "In a sense, I am, but it's not just that..."

With a somewhat determined look, Penny continues while looking at Y/N.

Penny: "Someday, I will become the protector of Atlas and Mantle as I was meant to be. That's why I'm here, to continue my learning of the world around me and to test my capabilities in the tournament."

Absorbing her response, Y/N is quite astounded as he replies back.

Y/N: "Wow... didn't think your father and Ironwood had such big plans for you. Are you sure you don't feel weighed down by any pressure or expectations?"

Penny: "No, no. It's what I want to do as well. I want to be able to protect others just like Ruby does. Sure, it will be upsetting that I'll leave my friends here to go back to Atlas, but I'll always remember the time we spend together here."

This gets a smirk out of Y/N as he responds.

Y/N: "Well, more power to you, Penny."

His remark makes Penny raise a brow.

Penny: "More power?"

Y/N: "It's just a saying. It means good for you."

Penny: "Ooohh... why thank you."

There's a moment of silence between the two before Penny decides to speak up again.

Penny: "So... what do you plan to do once the Vytal Festival is over?"

Not a second later, Y/N answers, glancing over to her.

Y/N: "Oh, you know... go through the school years, graduate as a huntsman, and live a nice, easy life the way I want."

Penny: "I'm not so sure about that, Y/N. From what I can gather, a huntsman's life is anything but nice and easy."

However, Y/N retorts back, pointing at himself.

Y/N: "Well, with the skills I have and what I'm going to keep learning, I'm pretty confident with myself. And I certainly won't turn into those Rogue Huntsmen."

After hearing his comment, Penny nods to him.

Penny: "I see. Well, more power to you."

With a smirk, Y/N shifted his gaze to her.

Y/N: "Using my own words, huh."

Penny: "Precisely. Is it working?"

Y/N: "You could say that. Hey, you want to leave?"

Penny: "Leave this conversation?"

Y/N: "N-No, I mean leave this stand."

Penny: "Ah... well, we finish our drinks so we might as well."

Y/N: "Alright then."

And with that, the two get up from their seats and walk off with Y/N still holding his bag of plushies in his hand. They are now leisurely walking around the fairground side by side as they proceed with their chattering.

Y/N: "So, Ruby inspires you to accept your role as 'protector'."

Cheerfully, the pink bow-wearing girl nods to him.

Penny: "Very much so, yes. Her talk of fairy tales and heroes was quite astonishing to listen to. At first, I wasn't sure about being a protector, but now I realize that this role I've been given is both an honor and incredibly crucial for the safety of others."

Her remark makes Y/N let out a chuckle as Penny asks with a puzzled look.

Penny: "Hm? What's so funny?"

Y/N: "Oh, nothing. It's just that Ruby sure knows how to inspire others." ("It's no wonder I see her as the closest thing to a hero.")

Penny: "Indeed. She's a great source of inspiration and admiration. Oh! I just thought of something."

The girl then walks over to stand in front of him, prompting Y/N to stop in his tracks as he asks.

Y/N: "What is it?"

With a bright smile, Penny quickly responds.

Penny: "I was thinking of getting a combat skirt so that I can match with Ruby and even Weiss."

Y/N: "Uhm, doesn't your clothes kinda count as one?"

Penny: "Unfortunately, no. According to my databank, my outfit doesn't count. It requires to be more frilly and puffy."

As she explains this, Penny begins to lift the lower part of her dress side by side with both hands, much to the surprise of Y/N.

Y/N: "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Okay! You can stop that now! We're in public!"

Penny: "Ah, okay then. Wouldn't want another commotion to occur."

As instructed, her hands drop the lower part of her dress. Sighing in relief, Y/N shifts his attention to Penny once more and comments.

Y/N: "If you really want a combat skirt, you can always ask Ruby and Weiss about it once you have some free time. I'm sure they'll love to help you with that."

Upon hearing his words, Penny is utterly delighted. To the point that she tries to hug him again, but this time, Y/N manage to dodge her attempt.

Y/N: "Did you forget your iron grip of a hug!?"

Penny: "I-I'll be more careful this time. Please...just this one time...?"

Y/N just gazes upon Penny with her arms extended outward as she waits patiently for him to come towards her.

With a brief sigh, Y/N replies, shifting his gaze to the side.

Y/N: "Fine. Just make it quick."

Joyfully, she nods in agreement.

Penny: "Roger that."

Not a moment later, the two then hug each other though, it lasts a few seconds before they pull away from each other's embrace. After that, Penny then bows to him a little, catching him off-guard.

Y/N: "P-Penny?"

Penny: "Thank you for the date, Y/N. I had a lovely time with you."

Y/N: "Wha-! Hold on, we're just hanging out."

With a raised brow, Penny asks.

Penny: "Really? But all the activities we've done here in the fairground would be considered as one, would it not?"

Y/N: "I mean, I guess you're not... wrong."

Penny: "I wouldn't be surprised if the stand owners and the other festival goers view us that way."

Y/N: ("Is... is she teasing me or something? No, this is Penny I'm talking about. I doubt she said that with that intention in mind.")

Despite thinking that, Y/N decide to retort back.

Y/N: "But do 'you' see me as someone you want to date?"

His question left Penny to ponder for a moment, placing her hand under her chin.

Penny: "Hmm... I'm not sure. I do see you as a friend, though..."

Y/N: ("Did I just got friend-zoned?")

Regardless, she continues with her response.

Penny: "But I do find you... cute?"

Y/N: "We've been over this, Penny. I prefer to be called cool."

Penny: "Oh right. Apologies. You are a cool person, Y/N."

Exhaling to himself in defeat, Y/N just says.

Y/N: "Fine. I'll take the compliment."

Penny: "Still, I like you. Since you're a friend of Ruby, then you're a friend of mine too. I can see why Ruby trusts you greatly along with her team."

Y/N: "Thanks and well... between me and Ruby... I think she and I are a bit more than that."

In an excited tone, Penny comes face to face with Y/N, invading his personal space.

Penny: "Like best friends!?"

Y/N: "N-No, not like that."

Penny gasps as she then asks.

Penny: "Are you no longer friends with Ruby? Is it due to some disagreement or a fight of some sort?"

Taking one step back from Penny, Y/N quickly elaborates.

Y/N: "I mean my friendship with her has evolved into a romantic relationship. We're dating!"

Not a second later, Penny processed his words before saying.

Penny: "Oh..."

Immediately, a big smile is plastered on Penny's face as she comments.

Penny: "This is outstanding! I'm happy to hear about this."

Amused by her response, Y/N shortly answers.

Y/N: "Thank you."

Penny: "But Ruby has yet to inform me about this information."

Y/N: "Well yeah. You, Ruby, and her team have been pretty busy with the tournament and other stuff."

Penny: "I suppose that's true."

The ginger-haired girl then sees Y/N place his hand on her shoulder as he gives her a reassuring smile.

Y/N: "No need to worry. I'm sure Ruby and the others will have another time to hang out with you once the tournament is over."

Slowly, a warm smile forms on Penny's face as she nods to him.

Penny: "I guess so. Speaking of Ruby..."

Y/N: "Hm?"

Before Y/N knew it, Penny's smiling face is mere inches away from his face as he's bombarded with her enthusiastic questions.

Penny: "What made you want to date Ruby? Is it her enthusiasm and optimism? Her team leader status? Her vast knowledge of weapons, modified or otherwise? Her social awkwardness? Her combat skirt? Is it because she's cute?"

Slowly becoming flustered, Y/N doesn't even get enough time to answer any of these questions as a familiar voice is heard loudly.

Ciel: "Penny...!"

Realizing who that voice belongs to, Penny swiftly drags Y/N over to stand behind a small crowd that gathers around a ring toss stall where two festival goers are competing against one another. Both Y/N and Penny peek over to see Ciel, still trying to find Penny. 

With a short sigh, Penny turns to Y/N.

Penny: "Thank you for your time, Y/N. I had a lot of fun."

Y/N: "Oh, no pro-"

He's interrupted by the sudden hug Penny gives him as he feels like his entire body is slowly being crushed, making him drop his bag of plushies as he weakly groans out.

Y/N: "N-No... problem, P-Penny."

With a giggle, Penny lets go of him as she jogs over to Ciel's direction.

Penny: "Salutations, Ciel!"

The blue beret-wearing girl is startled by her sudden shouting, but it's short-lived as she goes to relink with her.

Ciel: "Penny! Where have you been?! I've been looking all over for you."

Penny: "Oh, I was just strolling around the fairground. It's been rather peaceful."

Ciel: "Regardless, I'm glad I found you. Come on, the general wants to speak with you."

Penny: "Okay!"

Meanwhile, Y/N peeks over the crowd to stare after them as they start to walk off, but not before Penny turns around, spotting Y/N, and giving him a salute.

Amused, Y/N salutes to her back in response.

Y/N: ("Oh Penny. There's not a single soul in existence who could get mad at you. That hug did kinda hurt though.")

Upon thinking that, he grabs his bag of plushies off the ground. Before long, Penny and Ciel leave the fairground as Y/N separates himself from the small crowd as he sighs in relief, walking away as he does. 

Y/N: ("Welp. I still got some free time for myself. Might as well do some training. I'm sure Glynda wouldn't mind if I use her classroom. But first, I have to put away my bag of plushies in my room.")

(Beacon Academy)

Inside of Glynda's classroom, Y/N is now training with and without his weapons, practicing his skills. The training lasted for an hour before Y/N decides to stop. 

Y/N: ("Man, sure work myself an appetite.")

Once he leaves the classroom and start walking down the hall, a certain Atlas student roller-skating in front of him and then going around him in circles, making him stop in his track.

Neon: "Hello Y/N..."

Utterly puzzled by her sudden presence, Y/N then responds. 

Y/N: "Hello...?"

Neon: "Done with some training?" 

Y/N: "I am, yeah."

Recognizing who he's talking to, Y/N decides to speak up.

Y/N: "You must be... Neon Katt."

Neon: "Hm, the one and only."

Y/N: "I see. Then, you must be acquainted with Weiss and Yang after your match."

Neon: "Mm-hm. They're the reason why I approach you."

Y/N: "And for what reason exactly?"

Neon: "Well, obviously because you're the elusive fifth member of a four-person team. And I got to say..."

Neon looks around via still circling around him with her roller-skates before stopping in front of him.

Neon: "Not bad."

Y/N: "Thank you?"

Neon: "And I also have another reason to be here."

Y/N: "And that is... training?"

Neon: "Right on the money!"

After moment of silence, Y/N look down at her roller-skates, pondering over how something like that can be use in combat. Then again, he's seen a hoverboard and a trumpet be use as a weapon so, he can't exactly gauge on the effectiveness of weapons, modified or otherwise. 

Y/N: "You train with roller-skates on, huh?"

Cheerfully, she answers back.

Neon: "Uh-huh. My rollerblades aren't just a cool way to move around. They're part of my training style."

Y/N: "I can tell. And if your last match is anything to go by, they're not that reliable on uneven terrain."

In response, Neon awkwardly giggles at his remark.

Neon: "You saw all of that, huh. Quite observant and kind of embarrassing."

Y/N: "Of course, I saw the whole match with the rest of my team and friends. And from what I can tell, your fighting style doesn't just rely on your rollerblades."

Neon: "Yep! There's one more thing too."

Simultaneously, both Y/N and Neon respond over one another.

Neon: "Insulting people."

Y/N: "Taunting your opponents."

Realizing what they say to each other, Neon giggles a bit.

Neon: "Well, pretty much the same thing."

Y/N: "Yeah. You really pissed off Yang during that match."

Neon: "Oh right. Sorry about that."

Y/N: "Eh, let bygone be bygone."

Neon: "Okay then. I know people don't like getting insulted, but that's the whole point, you know."

Y/N: "Yeah, it's called getting on their nerves and getting some sort of an opening to strike."

Neon: "Ah, I see you are aware of the noble art of trash talking."

Y/N: "I guess you can say that." ("I mean, I tend to do it at my opponents sometimes and at Cardin. Hell, I've sort of done it with Weiss before, calling her Ice Queen, but at that point, it's more of a nickname than anything else.")

Neon: "Point is, huntsmen and huntresses train to face against the Grimm and deal with other miscellaneous dangers on the daily, but they never know how to react some trash talking."

Y/N: "I see. Though, I don't think it can be effective against the Grimm." ("Considering they're just mindless beasts.")

Neon: "It's just an advanced theory of mine. Why? You interested?"

Y/N ponder for a bit before quickly replying back.

Y/N: "Honestly... yeah kinda. I want to work on my ability to make people lose their composure and more."

His response gets a bright smile from Neon. 

Neon: "Well, I got myself a training partner then."

Y/N: "I'm guessing your teammates can't help you with that."

Neon: "Hehe, yeah. They tired, but they couldn't take it."

Y/N: "Right, got it. So, where could we go to insult each other without being seen?"

Neon: "Hmm..."

After some thinking from her, she then asks him.

Neon: "You came out of a classroom, right?"

Y/N: "Yeah. Miss Goodwitch's combat class, to be exact."

Neon: "Perfect! That way, we can practice with no one around. Let's go and throw insults at each other!"

Y/N: "Doesn't sound like a good time."

Neon: "Well, that's the point, isn't it?"

Soon enough, the two students head inside of Glynda's classroom, now standing on the arena. Moving around with her roller-skates, a smirking Neon asks.

Neon: "Ready to start?"

Y/N: "I suppose so."

Neon: "Anyone ever told you that you're slow? There! Come on, it's your turn! Insult me back!"

Y/N: "Ah, we're starting already?!"

(Several Minutes Later)

They have been throwing insults after insults to one another with Y/N getting used to knowing Neon's way of trash talking.

Neon: "Alright! Seems like you've got enough practice in a controlled environment."

Y/N: "Meaning?"

Neon: "Meaning that it's time for the real thing!"

Y/N: "Wait, I'm not going to randomly insult people just to train, am I?"

Neon: "Well, less real and more like... we're doing this out of the classroom. Got to get the stage fright out of you and get you used to doing it in an active."

Y/N: "Ah... I see."

Y/N wasn't comfortable doing this in front of other people and only when it's just them but, he gets what Neon's saying. Y/N is quite astonished over how well-versed Neon is when it comes to applying trash-talking in combat. His expression makes Neon smile confidently.

Neon: "Think of me as your trash-talking master, Y/N."

Y/N: "And I'm just the student."

Neon: "You catch on quick. I like that."

Rolling his eyes while smiling, Y/N resumes speaking.

Y/N: "Anyway, which place do you have in mind?"

His questions make Neon giggles before remarking.

Neon: "Who said I was thinking of one place?"

Y/N's eyes widen a bit.

Y/N: "Hold on, you want us to insult each other in multiple places?"

Neon: "Yeah! It's like a video game! You got to beat one level to progress to the next."

Y/N: "O-Okay. I can see the analogy behind it." 

A smirk form on Neon's face.

Neon: "Oh, finally grown a pair?"

Y/N: "Is this the first level? Because I could do with some instructions, Neon."

Giggling to herself, Neon addresses him.

Neon: "No. Just teasing you. The first level will be live, in school. We're going to simulate a scenario in which you're going to have to defend yourself. See you at the cafeteria!"

Y/N: "Wait, defend myself? From insults with insults?"

Neon then rushes out of the classroom before continuing.

Neon: "And remember! If you fail, you'll have to start from the beginning!"

Y/N: "What?! How's that even-"

Before he can finish his sentence, Neon had already left. Letting out a sigh, Y/N scratch the back of his head. 

Y/N: "I only have myself to blame."

(Beacon's Cafeteria)

It took some time but, Y/N made it to the cafeteria, waiting for Neon to show up.

Y/N: ("What kind of scenario will I have to defend myself?")

He goes to doorway to check to see if Neon showed up yet only for him to het shove by someone, who turns out to be Neon, standing before him.

Casually, Neon takes off the headphone she's wearing, looking at Y/N.

Neon: "Hey! What's the big idea, standing around in front of the doorway!?"

Y/N: ("I'm guessing this is the first level.")

Neon: "Well?"

Y/N slowly smirk as he then addresses her. 

Y/N: "Well? Uhm, well what?!"

Neon pouts as she replies back.

Neon: "Where's my apology?"

Y/N: "Why would I apologize to you? You're the one who came running into me."

Neon: "Only because you were standing around like some statue. Even if your face looks more like play-dough than marble."

Y/N: "Oh yeah! Well... if I had been a statue, you would have broken your nose. Although that'd probably be a betterment."

Neon: "What did you say to me, play-dough face?!"

Y/N: "I'm saying you're ugly and so's your tail!"

Neon then smiles as she takes a step back.

Neon: "Good job! That was perfect, Y/N!"

Looking a bit concern, Y/N then asks.

Y/N: "Hmm, wasn't I too direct with that last part?"

She shook her head.

Neon: "Kinda, but I had just exposed myself, so it was allowed. If a person says 'what did you just say to me' they're buying for time. That's the perfect time for a direct strike!"

Y/N: "Huh, just like fighting, right?"

Neon: "It's exactly like fighting!"

The excited Neon then asks him.

Neon: "So, ready for level two, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Heh, absolutely."

Neon: "Okay! Time to go to Vale!"

They then head to the city and continue their training. They done it in various places. From the park, an empty alleyway, and near a cafe. After that, Neon calls it a day as she looks to Y/N, now walking with beside her.

Neon: "Okay. That's enough of trash-talking for the day."

Y/N: "Right. Thanks for the training, Neon."

Neon gives a smug expression to him.

Neon: "Hm, anything to help out a student of mine."

Y/N: "What? You expect me to call you master or something?"

Leaning closer to him, Neon responds.

Neon: "Oh, I don't mind~"

Y/N: "Yeah, well, I'm still hungry. You want to join with me?"

Neon: "Oh, you don't know the half of it! Snacks and drinks, here we come!"

Upon saying this, Neon grabs his wrist and drag him deeper into the city. 

Y/N: "Whoa, hey!"

Neon: "Come on! Those snacks aren't going to eat themselves!"

Soon enough, Y/N and Neon head out to eat at a snack bar. Along the way, they chat over things like what their school life is like and anything that caught their interests. After that, it becomes evening, and they then decide to head back to Beacon. Safe to say, Y/N has become fully acquainted with Neon, but for Neon, she sees themselves as friends even if she jokes about being his master. 

(Nighttime)

In his PJs, Y/N, is now preparing to sleep on his large bed along with the rest of his team, who are also in their PJs. He took this opportunity to take out his bag of plushies and hands each of them a plushie, much to their collective surprise.

Y/N: "I got these from the fairground. A lion plushie for Yang. A cat plushie for Blake. A bunny plushie for Weiss. And a wolf plushie for Ruby."

All he could see is their expressions, ranging from being delighted to overly joyful.

Blake: "This is oddly sweet of you. T-Thank you, Y/N."

Weiss: "Since it's a gift from you, I'll take proper care of it."

Yang: "Wow! Thanks, babe!"

Ruby: "Ah yeah! A fluffy plushie! Thanks, Y/N!"

Before Y/N knew it, both Yang and Ruby goes to hug him only for their tackle cause them and Y/N to fall on the large bed. 

Y/N: "Uh, not again."

This sudden action by the sisters baffles Weiss and Blake as they quickly comment. 

Blake: "Y-You guys!"

Weiss: "Could you have not done that!? You're going to damage his bed!"

With a cheeky smirk, Yang replies back at them.

Yang: "Then, join in and stop us then."

After saying that, Yang and Ruby snuggles up to Y/N, while still holding their respective plushies. Flustered at this point, Weiss loudly states. 

Weiss: "F-Fine! Have it your way."

With a huff, Weiss climbs up on the bed, followed by Blake. 

Blake: "I suppose so. It's getting a bit late."

Ruby: "Great!" 

Before long, the team are all on Y/N's bed as they slowly drift off to sleep soundly for the next day. All while Y/N is quite pleased to have met his teammates/girlfriends and everyone else after coming to Beacon. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 3.4K 62
This story is discontinued ( I don't own rwby or any picture in this fanfiction)
2.1K 12 5
This is my first story. I hope you enjoy it.
23.2K 492 30
RWBY x Male Reader Story Sorry if a lot of things in the chapters seem really confusing, rushed and stupid. It's because I'm really not the best at w...
3.5K 56 9
Finally, I've got around to this. Do not much have to be said for this volume but I really put a lot of thoughts and efforts into this and so I reall...