His Ghetto Flower

By IzzyRam

Isabel has a hard time trusting anyone, especially guys. Seeing her mother go through relationship after rela... More

His Ghetto Flower
Night out
Richmond Avenue
Car Clubs
Renee
Trouble
After Party
Warnings
Date?
Escape
Faded
Promises
Auto Shop
Butterfly Filled Heads
Scars
Truth
Future
Progress
Girls' Day
Super Heroes
Playground
Too Late...
Mind Games
Not going down without a fight

Safe Haven

170 28 9
By IzzyRam

*Not Edited*

For everyone who has made it this far, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You are more awesome than you will ever know!

Safe Haven

We walked into the living room and Yuca immediately called for his mother. I smacked him on the arm because I knew it was late already. How did he know she was still awake?

Their home was nice and neat. The living room was nicely decorated with large couches, there were paintings on the wall with certain little nick knacks everywhere on shelves. It wasn't big nor did the things look expensive but it felt cozy and it looked like a home. My house barely had anything in it besides the big furniture. My mom was never the type to decorate. Everything either got broken or was just never cleaned. Our walls were bare. Just like our relationship.

"I'm in the kitchen, Mijo." A woman called from a distance.

Yuca grabbed my hand and led me to where his mother was. I could feel my hands start to shake from nervousness. I've never had a real boyfriend before and I was already going to meet Yuca's mom? Would it be weird if I just ran out of the door now?

"Hey Ma." Yuca leaned and gave his mom a kiss on the cheek. He pulled on my hand jerking me forward, right in front of his mom. Jerk. "This is Isabel. Isabel this is my mom, Sonia."

"Nice to meet you." I smiled at her and reached out my hand to shake her's. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug. I didn't expect her to do that so at first I hesitated, but as soon as my shock wore out I hugged her back. She rubbed my back soothingly and then let me go, but had me at arm's length. She studied my face and looked at me up and down. Her eyes bore into mine and I was shocked at what I saw. Understanding. She knew. I don't know how she knew, but she did.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too. Nito has never brought home a girl before." She winked at me.

"Nito?" I looked at Yuca. Who the hell was Nito?

"Long story, I'll tell you later." He whispered to me.

"Yeah, tell her later." She waved him off. "I heated up some food so you could eat. Come, Sit down." She pointed to the table and pushed me towards them.

"Thank you so much, but you really don't have to. I'm not that hungry." I replied. Then right on cue my stomach growled and loudly.

"Don't worry honey. You don't have to be shy." She laughed and turned her back to me. Sonia started taking out plates and cups. Well, I guess there was no stopping her now.

After I sat down, she prepared a plate of food for all of us. Which I was very grateful for. I didn't want to be the only one eating. Yuca and his mom chatted a little bit, while I devoured my food. She was a really good cook. Not only that, she seemed to be a good mom too. Her and Yuca seemed very close. They lightly teased one another or made fun of each other. It was clear that Yuca must have been a momma's boy. Which didn't bother me at all. I thought it was really cute how he treated his mom.

Sonia picked up all the plates and put them in the sink. She told Yuca to make sure his room was clean because she didn't want him to embarrass her with having a messy house. So he winked at me and said he would be right back.

I felt bad that she had cooked the food and now she was cleaning, so I got up and offered to help.

"Don't worry about it, I got it. Just talk to me while I wash the dishes. I would like that more."

I nodded my head and leaned against the counter. She looked at me then turned her attention back to the dishes.

"You look better now that you have eaten." She stated. I would have been offended if I didn't know what she was talking about. Every time things like this happened, it always took a toll on me.

"Thank you for the food, it was really good. And thank you for letting me stay."

"You're welcome." She smiled. "Now I normally wouldn't ask but I just need to know."

I nodded my head again.

"Does anyone know you're here that might come looking for you?" She asked.

"No, no one will be looking for me." I looked down at my feet.

"Are you in any kind of trouble?"

"No, I just needed to get out of my house for the night. Everything should be okay tomorrow." I smiled a weak smile at her. I didn't want to say too much to her. If she knew the truth about my life. I'm sure she wouldn't want me to be with her son.

She sighed and dried her hands. "Are you okay?" She turned to me and looked into my eyes again, like she did earlier. Concern laced her voice and it shined in her eyes.

"I feel safe now." I mentally shook my brain because I didn't even mean to say that. Even though it was true, I should have just told her yes. A simple answer would have sufficed. I must really be tired.

"Good and you are safe here. My son won't let anything happen to you here." She reached up and cupped my face. She smelled like oranges. Maybe from the dish soap? "You can stay as long as you need to. All I ask is that you respect my house, understood?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Sonia pulled me into a tight hug and this time I didn't hesitate like before. I welcomed it. She had a motherly vibe about her that made her words and hugs feel genuine. "I'm glad Nito could help you before your situation got worse." She whispered.

"Me too." I whispered. He's saved me more than once, I wanted to tell her.

Yuca cleared his throat from behind us.

We said our good nights and went up to Yuca's room. He handed me what looked to be a shirt and some basketball shorts.

"So you can be more comfortable."

"Thanks."

Yuca sat on his bed, while I kicked off my shoes. I pulled off my hoodie, then my tank top, so I could slip on his loose shirt. Then I took off my sweat pants and pulled on his shorts. When I turned to look at him, his eyes were twice their normal size.

"What?" I asked. Did he not like what he saw? I was proud of my body. I worked hard in the gym almost everyday. Not to mention I would workout around a lot of guys and our girls barely have anything on. I wasn't shy about my body at all. As long as no one touched me, I was fine.

"Nothing, I just didn't expect you to change clothes like I wasn't here." He ran his hand through his hair.

"You've never seen a girl change before?" I smirked.

"It's not that."

I walked over and stood right in front of him. I reached up and ran my hand through his hair.

"Then what is it?"

"Can I ask you something first?"

"Anything." I straddle him and sat on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his head on my chest.

"How many guys have you been with?" That was not what I was expecting him to ask me.

"Been with how?"

"Sex."

I sighed and dropped my hand from his hair. "None."

"You're a virgin?" He asked in disbelief.

I answered his question with the nod of my head.

He sweetly kissed my lips. "For now, don't change in front of me again, okay?"

"Why?"

"It's hard enough for me to keep my hands to myself and you're not making it any easier."

"Maybe I don't want you to keep your hands to yourself."

"Get a good sleep tonight." He ran both hands in my hair. I think he found my weakness already. Sleepingly, I agreed with him. My stomach was full and I was really tired.

We both got in the bed and I turned my back to him. I tried my best to put myself to sleep, but every time I closed my eyes, I saw that guy running towards me in the bathroom or I saw his body fall to the ground or my mom passed out on the couch. After a couple of minutes, I gave up. I sat up and rubbed my face with my hands.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"I can't close my eyes without seeing them."

"Come here."

Yuca laid on his side and pulled me towards him. I laid on my side, facing him. My head laid under his chin on his chest and he hugged me with both arms with my head laying on his arm. With one hand he played with my hair and the other he rubbed my back. I reached over and hugged him too. I focused on his heart beat and his breathing, letting the rhythm soothe me like a lullaby. His body was warm, he smelled like soap and my body fit perfectly against his. After a while I could feel my eyes get heavy. Then I remembered something.

"Why does she call you Nito?" I knew he wasn't asleep because he was still playing with my hair and rubbing my back.

"My dad's name was Juan and I'm named after him. When I was little my mom would call me Juanito instead of Junior. Then later it became Nito."

"Then why do you go by Yuca?"

"Only my friends call me Yuca. The family calls me Nito."

"No one calls you Juan?"

"Nope."

"Can I call you Nito?" I asked after a couple seconds of silence.

"You can call me whatever you want."

I yawned. I hugged him tighter, but there wasn't any more space between us. We were as close as we could get. My eyes finally closed and I didn't try to pry them open anymore. I prayed I got a good sleep. I prayed that I didn't have the nightmares. The last time I slept in the same bed as Yuca, I didn't have not one bad dream. I sighed, feeling content, happy and safe. Then I fell asleep listening to his heart and his breathing. My prayers were answered because I didn't have any bad dreams all that night.

~Author's Note~

Just in case you wanted to know....

Nito is pronounced Knee toe. or more like knee thoe. Something like that. I hope I didn't confuse anyone haha.

If you liked this chapter, please make sure to comment and vote!!!

Let me know if you see any errors and I will gladly fix them. When the book is completed, I will be doing a massive editing spree. I just want to get this finished first.

Thanks again for all who have made it this far. I hope you stay till the end....hint hint things are about to even more dangerous.... XOXO!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 0 24
A homosexual love story about a tall hispanic boxer and a short toy shop worker. They are complete opposites, but come to learn that they are the onl...
169K 4.4K 31
Olivia Crash is a total nerd, but she's not like the others. She's a nerdy badass. She's tough and strong. But is she really? When Austin Rider enter...
1.3M 48.2K 69
Alexis Manro is a 17 year old girl who, along with her cousin Jake, was forced to move to a new town by her step-father. With her mother dead leaving...
361 33 37
Bronx-raised city boy Andrew Johnson's life changes significantly when he becomes a World Class Boxing Champion, recognized globally for his phenomen...