Shudders: Retribution

By Lilas___

[Tsundere and Yandere Demons x Reader] A world where demons and humans can live amongst each other. ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Awakening
Chapter 2 - The Savior
Chapter 3 - The Kill
Chapter 4 - The Trailer
Chapter 5 - The Fabric
Chapter 6 - The Geese
Chapter 7 - The Motel
Chapter 8 - The Trees
Chapter 9 - The Stable
Chapter 10 - The Stable pt. 2
Chapter 11 - The Partners
Chapter 12 - The Map
Chapter 13 - The Storm
Chapter 14 - The Skull
Chapter 15 - The Vines
Chapter 16 - The Shot
Chapter 17 - The Boy
Chapter 18 - The Beach
Chapter 19 - The Trio
Chapter 20 - The Guns
Chapter 21 - The Moment
Chapter 22 - The Stunt
Chapter 23 - The Alone
Chapter 24 - The Repeat
Chapter 25 - The Questioning
Chapter 26 - The Bittersweet
Chapter 27 - The Disturbance
Chapter 28 - The Confrontation
Chapter 29 - The Decision
Chapter 30 - The Ambush
Chapter 31 - The Realization
Chapter 32 - The Argument
Chapter 33 - The Help
Chapter 34 - The Gap
Chapter 35 - The Training
Chapter 36 - The Robbery
Chapter 37 - The Sewers
Chapter 38 - The Appreciation
Chapter 39 - The Dream
Chapter 40 - The Peace
Chapter 41 - The Note
Chapter 42 - The Broken Heart
Chapter 43 - The Hostage
Chapter 44 - The Oblivious
Chapter 45 - The Apology
Chapter 46 - The Cut
Chapter 47 - The Train Yard
Chapter 48 - The Mother
Chapter 49 - The Love
Chapter 50 - The Address
Chapter 51 - The Release
Chapter 52 - The Despondent
Chapter 53 - The Answer
Chapter 54 - The Interrogation
Chapter 55 - The Make Up
Chapter 56 - The Covetous
Chapter 57 - The Clash
Chapter 58 - The Room
Chapter 59 - The Hold
Chapter 61 - The Fate
Chapter 62 - The Party
Chapter 63 - The Peril
Chapter 64 - The Puppet
Chapter 65 - The Lovers
Chapter 66 - The End
QnA
Fanart

Chapter 60 - The Traitor

728 93 78
By Lilas___

      (Y/N) followed behind Chey and kept him close. Using him to spot any other Elitists and keep her hidden.

      All to his detest of course.

      She kept the hold tight on his heart to ensure he didn't try to turn on her. Her plan was to find Yama or B. Hopefully both. So the first place she made the Elitist take her was the cells.

       Once they entered the hall leading to them, she rushed over to the cell that B should be in.

"Blythe!" (Y/N) called as she reached the cell but didn't see her friend inside. She was gone.

"No no no no..." She went inside and to the spot where she last saw B. Did other Elitists find her? Did she get up and leave on her own?

       Chey tsked from the hall and leaned against the wall to hold his chest in his hands. He hasn't been able to stop breathing heavily since the hold was placed. It's like it was pressing against his lungs.

        She noted that Yama wasn't here either. He was still somewhere in the asylum where anything could happen. This only made her worries worse. She was desperate to find them but this place being as big as it was made the task difficult.

       A rumble went across the building from outside. A loud roar of thunder struck. It was muffled where they were but broke her from her anxious thoughts. She turned to head back to the hall and grabbed Chey by the arm. "Come on! You're helping me find them."

"You're little doctor friend?" Chey grunted as he was forced to follow her. "He's gonna end up dead soon."

"And I'll kill you sooner." She warned. "If you want to stay alive then do what I say!"

"You're only this brave because of the hold. Without it you would be nothing."

        She gritted her teeth. In a way, he was right. Without the hold, she wouldn't have been dragging an Elitist around forcing him to help her. She was scared. So many factors scared her but she was doing her best to keep her fear away. There was no time to be petty arguing with him when those she cared about could be in danger.

"Where does this hall lead to?" She stopped to question him and pointed toward a long hall with a set of doors at the end.

"A staircase leading to the main floor." Chey grumbled, his eye staring daggers into hers.

        She nodded and pushed him forward to take the lead. "Go. And keep watch."

        He hissed at her ordering him around but took the lead anyways. She stayed a distance behind him in case she had to duck into hiding if he saw another Elitist.

        All these threats she was making to him. Killing him if he tries anything and promising to let him go free once she was safe. He didn't believe them. She was going to kill him either way. Zankoku never released anyone from his holds. Why would she?

        As he went through a doorway leading to the main floor and climbed the stairs, he spotted several Elitists rushing toward the entrance and going outside to see the storm. He waved a hand behind him and quickly (Y/N) hid behind the doors.

        They can hear the store louder from here. Several Elitists watched from the entrance the blowing trees and lightning strike above in the dark cloudy sky. They'll need to prepare the asylum for the storm. With the growing winds, it can potentially knock down defenses which would be a problem with the inevitable arrival of the Zones.

"Chey!" A voice called and he turned to see Indi approaching. She had a grimace on her face as she saw the storm from through the front windows, knowing that this only brought more problems. "Did you find anything? Any sign of the doctor?"

       (Y/N) listened to them from behind the doors and made the hold just a little bit tighter on his heart so he wouldn't rat her out.

        Indi noticed his face clench up and his hand gripping his chest. "No... I didn't find anything."

"You alright?" She asked, she moved closer to inspect him. Seeing the bruising on his arm and parts of his chest through his shirt. "What happened to your arm?"

        He stepped back from her and shook his head. When she went to speak again, he moved his hand to cover her mouth. (Y/N) couldn't see them but she can hear them.

"I'm fine. I lost my footing." He spoke before he moved closer to her and whispered into her. "She's behind those doors. She put a hold on me. Act natural."

         Indi looked shocked and quickly hushed up. Did he find the girl? She put a hold on him?

        Chey stepped back and took a deep breath. His anger was rising. "And I gotta tell you something. It's about Xed."

"What do you mean..?" Indi slowly spoke, her eyes glancing at the set of doors and back to him. They had to do something fast.

"He's been-"

"Guysss!" Came the voice of the traitor himself as he approached. A wide grin on his face as he threw his arms around both Indi and Chey. "How's the searching going? Any luck?"

       (Y/N) heard his voice and froze up. 'Not him! Not him!'

        Chey growled as he pushed Xed's arms away and glared at him with so much intensity it could kill. "You fucking traitor! I found her in your room!"

        Indi eyes widened as she turned to her brother who continued to grin but a bit lesser this time. "Did you now?"

"You were planning to run with her? After all the work we put in just to get her you were going to blindside us?!" Chey spoke loudly which caught the attention of nearby Elitists.

"And why would I do that?" Xed chuckled and crossed his arms while Indi stepped away from him, watching him carefully.

       Xed leaned in closer to Chey. "Did she tell you this? You know better than to trust those aren't us, Chip."

"Then why was she in your room? Chained to the fucking radiator."

"These accusations you're making are hurting me, brother."

       Indi watched as the two had a small standoff. Chey would never just accuse someone of something as bad as being a traitor, especially Xed. But the more she watched the grey eyes demon closer, she can see his grin start to twitch. He had an intense look in his eyes and it only became more apparent by the second.

"You're going to tell us the truth now or I'll go and tell Mother for you." Chey threatened as he and Xed stood eye to eye. "No more lies, 'brother'."

        Slowly, Xed's grin began to drop. He went from looking calm and collected to a serious one that he very rarely had. But just from that look alone told Chey and Indi all they needed to know.

"Where is she now?" Xed muttered, never taking his eyes off of Chey's.

        (Y/N) kept her hands over her mouth and tried to be as quiet as possible. But what she hoped Chey wouldn't do, he did.

"Behind those doors. But you can forget your little plans with her." Chey lowly spoke, he reached up and gripped Xed's shirt collar tightly. "She belongs to Mother. Not you!"

        Indi went to step in, not wanting to see them fight. But Xed soon regained his grin, a sinister one that was filled with anger as well. "Oh, I wish you didn't say that!"

         Xed's hand shot up and pressed firmly onto Chey's face and smeared his freshly slit palm wound across his cheek.

"XED!" Indi shouted and grabbed Chey to pull him away. The blood that was smeared onto his face began sinking in and turning the side of Chey's face sickly shades of greens and yellows. He screamed in pain and buckled to the ground as his hands clutched his face.

         The grey-eyed demon chuckled sadistically as he started moving for the doors. Other Elitists nearby saw what he did and stared in shock.

         (Y/N) heard the commotion and gasps of shock. Before she could question it, she heard yells behind her and saw two Elitists had spotted her in the halls she came from.

         Xed won't have enough time now until they started coming after him. He needed to grab (Y/N) and leave now.

         But before his hand grabbed the door handle, it swung open and slammed into him enough to make him stagger back as the girl in question rushed out. She ran past Chey and Indi and out into the main hall, seeing the infection on his face that would soon reach his brain. Which brought slow and intense agony to Chey.

         Other Elitists saw her and rushed to grab her while Xed gritted his teeth and quickly got up.

         (Y/N) turned and kept running. She made her vines whip out to prepare to fight while her control on the hold tightened.

          It was activated.

         Chey choked on his breath as the hold began crushing his heart and the light faded from his eyes. In comparison to the death he would receive from Xed, at least the hold will let him die much quicker.

"Grab her! She's getting away!"

"Don't let her go!"

The Elitists shouted as (Y/N) ran off to escape.

"Chey!" Indi watched in shock and pain as her brother passed in her arms. He fell limp with his eyes half-lidded. The eye on the infected side of his face already having turned green and swelling.

       He was dead. Her brother was dead.

       Her eyes furiously looked up to where her other 'brother' had been but he was already gone. Slipped away before she could hurt him for what he did. He was going after the girl.

       After gently lowering Chey's body to the ground, Indi stood up and pulled out her sharpened dagger before marching off to where the girl ran.

        Wherever she went, Xed would follow. He needs to pay for being a traitor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 6.4K 49
-The story in which Y/N is transported into another dimension by a demon she was trying to slay and is now stuck in the demon slayer universe. -The u...
606 79 42
Cover image by Steven Shan (2023). Updates Sundays AEST. [Cross-posting to Royal Road and Scribblehub.] *** What to expect: - Intrigue and politics ...
564K 24.1K 87
After enduring years of pain as a consequence of being confined by my Yandere stepbrother, I was finally freed from my misery by an unfortunate house...
1.7K 33 18
(y/n) was an (age) years old, who had a decent life and an loving family, however a tragic incident took their family from them. After years of fight...