𝗛𝗜𝗠 & 𝗜, modern family

By Madixu

┊͙✧˖*°࿐ 🏡 𝗛𝗶𝗺 & 𝗜 𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 ⸻ ❛❛ Phil and Claire have four children. The oldest who is basically t... More

𝙃𝙞𝙢 & 𝙄
the extra's
graphics
Pilot
The Bicycle thief
Come Fly with me
The incident
Coal digger
Run for you're wife
An garde
Great expectations
Fizbo
Undeck the Halls
Not in my house

Up all night

8.2K 314 69
By Madixu

_________ ׂׂ་༘࿐
And the sun took a step back,
the leaves lulled themselves to sleep
and Autumn was awakened
            — Raquel Franco

°。°。°。°。°。°。

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚
— interview

"What's the most irritating thing my parents say to me?" Alex says, repeating the question.

"That's to much cologne" Manny says, sitting on the couch with his arms crossed.

"That's how girls end up dead" Haley says, leaning forward nodding her head along.

"Don't talk black to me" Luke replied.

"It's inappropriate because she's your teacher" Manny says, rolling his eyes agitated.

"How do you even talk black?" Luke ponders, not understanding what his dad means.

Alex yells from the kitchen. "It's "talk back," you idiot".

Luke let's out a small "oh".

"Act more like an adult" Alex put out. She's quiet for a few second going over it in her head. "What does "act more like an adult." even mean?".

"You can't light your school on fire" Madison huffs out. "I mean why can't I? Everybody hates school, so to make them happy you light it on fire" she grinned.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚
— 2nd person

"Look at you, your soaked! That is so lame" Phil laughs, running inside, dodging a soaking Luke.

Luke runs after after Phil with his arms trying to reach out to him. "Your on the one that wanted to do it" Phil recalled running in circles around the little boy.

Claire who looks at the both of them while unpacking a grocery bag. "What are you to doing" she asks them not sure if she wants to know the answer she's about to receive.

"I picked up one of those water Weasels" Phil answers looking at Luke with a loop sided smile. "You hook it on the end of the hose and it flies around in the air" he explains further

"Like a weasel?" She asks as she glanced at them.

Phil let's out a laugh. "Yeah, look how awesome. He's so wet" pointing at Luke who stand their dripping water onto the hardwood floor.

"I put the weasel in my pants" Luke smiles brightly, proud at what he did. Phil who looks finds it amazingly funny.

"He totally did" He laughs leaning with his arms on either hip and leans back.

Both Haley and Madison walk into the room. "Is there a reason why both my window and Mads are wet?" Haley asks looking at them expectingly.

Phil let's out a mhm, rubbing his chin, pretending to be thinking. "Very difficult to say" he jokes as he and Luke look at each other with grins on their face.

"High five!" Phil hollered raising his hand for Luke to high five. "Ow!"he cried out holding his lower abdomen.

Everyone looks at him. "What's wrong?" Claire asks concerned. He switches his gaze between Claire and his lower stomach.

"Dad? Are you okay?" Madison asks her dad, her brows snapped together. He nods his head. "A little twinge. Yeah" he assures trying to stand casual again.

"I'll call 991" Haley suggest grinning at her mother, walking toward the phone.

"Maybe the fireman will come" Alex giggled, nudging Madison in her side. Madison smiles dreamy. "If only one was my age " She sighs out.

Before anyone can grab the phone Phil shields it with his body and grabs it.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°

"The firemen in our town have a reputation for being hot" Phil admitted sourly. "Damn right they are" Madison replied walking by.

"Come on Maddy" Phil grumbled, not enjoying the fact that all his daughters plus his wife agree.

"Do I resent that? Of coarse not. These guys are my friends" Phil says putting on a painful smile. "I play basketball with them. I bake for them"

My question is, "What's hot?" He asks.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚
— Madison's pov

Another day in school is basically another day in hell. I swear for some reason the teachers think making me want to kill myself is a good thing, it's almost as if they enjoy my suffering.

And what's up with the fact that if you tell them you didn't finish your homework because you have other subjects is not a valid reason but if you ask them if the finished grading your paper and they say no because they have other students to it is a valid reason.

I swear I will light this school on fire.

(Ring ring)

Thank fucking god this class is done. I grab my stuff and put them in my bag. I see John B walking towards me.

"I swear if Mrs. Henderson talked any longer, i would've pulled my eyes out" He says rolling his eyes, walking beside me out of the classroom.

"You and me both" I sighed, I am already done with this day. "Hey Mads I have a different class, see you later alright?" John B says, pausing in his steps.

"Will do Johnny bb" I laughed using his least favorite nickname. He deadpanned at her. "Yeah. Bye bye Madisaurus" He replied walking in a different direction  with a smirk on his face.

I roll my eyes turning around to the direction I needed to go. Walking in the bland hallways, I feel a gaze on the back of my head.

What's so interesting about me walking to my next class?

I search for the person who's piercing their eyes on me. I look behind, my face practically goes pale. I must've looked like a ghost.

Fuck. Its Noah Allen, with a lopsided grin on his disgusting face. Oh if only I got the burn it off. Well let's just ignore him. God knows everyone else does.

I mean nothing can happen right I'm in school. Right?

I notice he's walking my way so I speed up not looking forward. My hearts almost beating out my chest.

Pls get a heart attack, pls god let him get a heart attack!

Still following me I speed up once again. I'm almost sprinting. Mom would be proud of me. Before I know it I bump into some. "What am I a ghost or something" I say still looking back to see Noah Allen pausing in his steps.

I turn my head to at the idiot who bumped into me. Oh pls god just kill me already. Fucking William Hayes. Oh well still better than Noah. I think.

"We'll hello Emmy. You look radiant today" He spoke standing in front of me with his smirk on his face.

I didn't react to him. Still panting, my heart beat calming down slowly. He must've noticed because the playful demeanor suddenly disappears.

His smirk falls. He pressed his lips together and brows furrowed. "What's going? Why are you panting?" He asks me getting ahold of my arm.

I still say nothing. Instead I look into his piercing blue eye. Suddenly feeling something in gut but I ignore it.

I look behind me slightly, still seeing Noah Allen looking at me. Instead standing behind us, he's standing by the lockers but still his pig face gaze on me.

Will caught my action and looked where I was looking and seeing what I saw. His jaw clenched, flaring his nostrils. Angry practically radiated off him.

Out of nowhere he puts his arm around my shoulder and guided me toward his locker. Which was not far away so he could still keep his eyes on Noah.

I stand with my back against his locker while he stand in front of me leaving almost no personal space, leaning his arm next to my head on his locker.

He returned his stare toward me but his eyes softening.

"Tell me now, what happened?" He demands looking deep into my Amber brown eyes. Should I tell him?
I wonder in my head.

"Madison Eve Dunphy, I asked you something. Didn't I?" He repeated. This time a little lower.

I sigh. "I was just walking to my next class. I saw him looking at me, at first i didn't think much of it, in fact ignored it" I start looking down unable to look into his piercing gaze.

I feel his hand on my chin, lifting my head up, looking into his eyes. "Eyes on me Emmy. Can't hear you if you look down" He says in a husky tone. I could've just fainted right there.

"I noticed he was following me, so I started walking faster only he also started to walk faster. I wasn't looking forward, that's why I bumped into you" i explained, ignoring how he hasn't removed his hand yet.

Not saying anything. He looks back at Noah who was staring with us with a puzzled look on his face.

Glaring at him with such hatred in his eyes. After a minute or so he turns back to me. "I swear I will fucking kill him" He says lowly, his eyes blazing with anger.

"Don't please. I don't want to make it worse" I pleaded him softly. I really don't want to make a big deal out of it. Maybe he just needed to go the same direction.

"Are you kidding Emmy?" He sniped, confusion spreading on his face. "No not this time. He hurts you I let it go. Now this asshole follows you, scaring you"

He backs away but I grab his arm desperately. "Please Will don't. I don't want to make a scene. I was just being dramatic" I stuttered. Holding him back.

I look at him with pleading eyes. He stares back and then sighs. "Fine, only because you asked, but I swear Emmy this is the last time. Next time he harasses you I am not holding back"

"Not even your puppy eyes can't stop me from doing so"He grumbled loosening his stance. I whisper softly "thank you".

Putting his hand on my lower back. "Come on sweetheart, I am walking you to your class" He says pushing me forward, giving me no time to react

Laying in my bed yet again staring at my neon star covered ceiling. Thinking about what happened at school today. I remember my exact words to my mom.

"Can I burn down my school"

Of course she said no. Not surprising. Was I overreacting? Maybe he wasn't following me. Gosh I need to stop being dramatic. Another topic, the fact that Will got so worked up over it.

He seemed genuinely mad at Noah and concerned for me. I've never seen this side of him. Sure he got in fights before and let's not get started on his anger issues but it was never directed at me or because of something that had to do with me.

And the freaking sweetheart. I hate to admit it but I almost fainted and that had only happened with my celebrity crush,

Chris Evans.

My door opening making me snap out to my thoughts.

"Maddy I think something is wrong with dad" Luke mumbled softly. Concern on his face.

"What's wrong then?" I ask him, completely forgetting about my problems and focus on my little brother who seems could cry at any moment.

"I heard him yell, "it's cancer." Or something like that" he muttered, his eyes droopy from the lack of sleep.

I get out of bed and walk toward him and put my arm around in in a comforting way. "Why don't we both check alright?"

We walk into the hallway. I see both Alex and Haley awake. They look at my brows raised. I shrug at them and walk into the bedroom of mom and dad with Luke under my arm.

"What's going on?" I ask walking beside the bed with Luke. Haley and Alex behind us.

I see dad laying half in the bed and mom still under the covers. "It's nothing. Go back to bed" he replied in a pained tone.

Haley goes to touch his shoulder. "No, but dad" trying yo comfort him. He moved away slightly. "Don't touch me" he rushes leaning back.

Mom tries to defuse the situation. "I bet it's just a kidney stone" She suggests, trying to reassure us or more so Luke.

Dad groans in pain again. "Just," again. Someone, get your mom a glass of water and a piece of gravel from the driveway and see how she likes it" dad jokes, still laying half on the bed.

"Dad what's going on with you?" Luke asks, looking scared out of his mind. Alex takes this as a opportunity to tease him. "Something is going on with him" She says faking a tone of fear.

"Don't frighten, come here" dad says, holding his hand out for Luke. Before Luke could take his hand he groans again in pain and dubbels over.

"Oh! It's gotta be death. Death is coming" he yells out in pain. Pressing his fist against his forehead.

"Why did that sentence remind me of, "winter is coming?" I blurted out, unaware that this is not the best time.

"I love that reference but not now Maddy!" He says, clenching his jaw so he doesn't scream in pain.

"Okay you need to go to the hospital" Haley reasoned, looking at dad who won't stop groaning in pain.

"No, no" he refuses. "I just need a pill. Give me the biggest one you can find"

"Honey, just breathe okay?" Mom says holding his hand, trying to comfort him. He looks at her with a "are you serious look"

"That's what I told you when you where in labour, and you threw your smoothie at me" He reminds her, before throwing head head back. "Pill!".

I sigh. Enough is enough. "I am calling dad". Before I could walk away he stops me. "No, no it's fine"

It's fine. It's passing, it's passing" he tried to convince us. Sitting up slightly while mom rubs his arm.

"I am sorry to alarm everyone. I think I was probably just overreacting — Because there's an alien inside of me"

"Oh my god. I am calling" mom says walking out the room. Luke wraps his arms around my waist as he looks at dad with teary eyes.

"Oh! Close it down. All systems down. All systems down" he repeats laying in his back.

"Okay, they're on their way" mom says getting of the phone. Walking away to get dressed. "Okay kids" Dad says standing in front of us.

"Gather around. Like your hugging me" he says, before taking a step back before we could hug him. "But don't touch me. Okay, how look. I'm gonna be fine"

"—we know dad"

"We don't know that. It's a miracle I'm standing up. But look in case anything happens. I want you to know that if I'd had them, I would've fixed that step"

"—thanks, dad" I roll my eyes. "That damn step" I mumble lowly.

Then Luke starts crying. "Don't cry, Luke. I'm okay." Dad says. Hoping Luke would stop crying.

Out of nowhere he confesses. "I broke the coffee table"

"—that's okay" Dad says, shaking his head. "—what?" He furrows his brows. "I broke the glass coffee table" he explains sniffing.

"The one you swore you didn't break, and then blamed Esperanza and fired her, and she stole a turkey at thanksgiving for her family and got deported?" Dad asks bewildered. Looking Luke dead into the eyes.

He lets out a small "yeah".

"—damnit" Dad groans out, not happy hearing this. "I am sorry" Luke cried, tears flowing down his face.

"You will be sorry" Dad croaks out, trying to reach out to Luke. Not succeeding might I add.

(Ding dong)

"They're here!" Haley exclaims before rushing out the room with Luke and Alex in tow. Being the responsible older sister I follow them.

"That's so unfair. Why not?" Haley complained for the 100th time in the last three seconds. "Because that's how girls end up dead" Mom answers her before looking at dad. "Hey, honey"

"Hey guys" he says in a loopy tone. Bet he's as high as a kite. I never understood that saying but whatever

"We just wanted to see how you're doing. Is this a bad time?" Mom asks the nurse who hold a syringe in her hand. Eeww

"No, we're just giving him something to relax before the procedure" she explains while doing nurse stuff" mom nods her head as a thanks and understanding.

"Which is gonna go just fine" Dad reassures, looking at all of us. "—we know" Haley says smiling at dad. Leaning with her hand on the bed.

"We don't know. In case it doesn't, promise me you'll be nice to your new fireman daddy" Dad says, holding Luke's hand. "Did not see that one coming" i mutter, uncomfortable with this whole situation.

"Unbelievable" Mom whispers, looking away from dad.

"My wife got dressed up for the firemen last night" Dad mumbles to the nurse who's holding a clip board in her hand with a small grin on her face. "I didn't get dressed up for the firemen" Mom broke in, tilting her gear towards the nurse.

"I'm pretty sure you were wearing your hottest heals" I replied, making the situation worse. Well not for me of course.

"—Yes they were" Alex went on, looking up at mom.

"You wore heels?" Dad gasps, looking somewhat betrayed. "—Drop it"

"What are they doing to you, dad?" Luke asks.

"I have a little scratchy rock inside of me and they're sliding in a tube and sucking it out" Dad explains, not hearing how gross it sounds.

"—TMI dad" I mumble, switching my weight in my other leg. "You're not scared, are you?" Luke asks, looking scared.

"When was the last time you saw your man scared?" Dad says confidently. Luke doesn't hesitate. "When you walked through the spider weg. When we were playing with the oujia board and the wind blew the door shut"

"Or the time we were watching Friday the 13th" I add.

"There was no wind, buddy. We brought something forth" Dad trailed off, looking daze.

"Oh" He lets out. "This stuffs really hitting me" like I said high as a kite. "My insides feel like velvet"

Mom turns to us. "Why don't you guys wait out in the hallway, okay?" Mom suggested, pushing us slowly out the room.

"Come on guys, I will buy you something from the vending machine" I say, wrapping my arm around Alex.

"I want a snicker" Alex replies, pulling me along. "Ew that's so gross. Twix is a hundred procent better" Haley countered.

"Not true" Alex snips back, narrowing her eyes at Haley.

"Luke, buddy, hold back a sec" I hear dad say to Luke before walking out the room.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Authors note ↓
Okay another time it's been a while sorrry! I have started my studies but I tried to make this a long chapter. As promised with Will in it.

I haven't proof read so spelling mistakes can be found please let me know

Also another reminder English is not my first language:)

Have a good morning, good afternoon and goodnight!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4.3K 30
Cassidy Iris Pritchett, the youngest daughter to Jay and Dede Pritchett. 26, Sports Marketer and blushing bride. Ryan Wyatt Spencer, second child of...
3.4K 107 4
In which when Mitchell and Cam adopt Lily they also adopt her older half sister. And they bring her into a crazy life. She meets new family, friends...
55.3K 2.2K 50
"Just friends, right? Prove it, Haley." This is a Modern Family alternate universe fanfic. Haley Dunphy x femoc. Rated Mature. *I do not own Modern F...
137K 2.4K 34
ᴇ ɴ ᴅ ᴜ ʀ ᴇ ; ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ᴏɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛꜱ. ʙʀɪᴇʟʟᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴀʟʟᴇꜱ. ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ, ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀɴꜱ ꜰᴏʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴀʟʟᴇꜱ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴏᴍ...