The True Heir

By Mr2_JL23

A/N: I only own the story, plot and oc. All other things such as media, photography, and books all got to the... More

Friend...
...A Beginning...
...Acceptance?...
...Preparation... Pt.1
...The First Departure...
...First Impressions...
...The First of Many...
...First Day of Classes...
...The First Meeting...

... Preparation...Pt.2

126 11 0
By Mr2_JL23

Scribbulus Writing Instruments-

With Hogwarts starting in just a few days, the shop was nearly packed to the brim with students and their parents and guardians who were here to buy the necessary writing materials for their upcoming school year. It would be quite challenging to get what you needed if you were by yourself...yet for a one redhead Susan Bones, that was the exact problem she was having. To some, having an aunt who was head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement (DMLE for short) seemed like a great honor or a feeling of pride you could boast about, but for Susan it meant having a remaining family member who could look after you...but not really be there for you.

Since Amelia Bones was in charge of the DMLE, she couldn't spend as much time with Susan as she wanted. She'd be gone early in the morning and come home late at night, or even do more work at the Ministry that she wouldn't be home till the very next day. Susan knew that her aunt loved her and that she had a very important job to do, but sometimes she would feel as though that she was forgotten or not important for her. Today for example, her aunt had promised that she would help her with her school shopping for her first year at Hogwarts, but due to a last-minute emergency call from the DMLE, she had to leave Susan and go take care of it.

So now here was Susan just trying to get a First-Year stationary starter kit for Hogwarts, but they were all on a very high shelf. She tried to get the shop keep or one of the helpers of the store to assist her, but they were all busy helping other customers.

Susan: *sighs* Merlin I feel like I'll be here forever.

???:  Well, if you're with the right people, Forever doesn't seem that bad.

That response startled Susan as she looked to her side to find a cute white-haired green-eyed boy, that she definitely knew wasn't there before...wait did she just think he was cute?

Y/N: *smiles* Apologies if I startled you. I just happen to come in looking for a First-Year stationary kit, and I saw you with a look of frustration on your face.

Susan: Oh, no worries, and as for the frustration, I'm trying to get a kit myself but as you can see...

Susan then pointed to the high shelf where the kits were, and that mere made Y/N smirk.

Y/N: *with confidence*Oh, that's no problem at all.

Susan: *raises an eyebrow* Oh how so?

Y/N: Simple. If we can't get to them, then they will just come to us.

Susan felt as though this boy was trying to pull a prank on her, yet the way he looked at her, she couldn't see or feel any type of negative emotion towards her. So, not seeing any harm, she decided to indulge in the conversation.

Susan: And how do you propose that will happen?

Y/N: Well with magic of course~.

Alright, now she knew that he was trying to pull a prank on her. No first year could cast magic without a wand, and judging by the way he was standing, it didn't seem he had one (yet). On top of that, the magic to what Susan was thinking the young man wanted to do was definitely that of a Fourth or even a Fifth-Year level. Susan knew a few hexes just in case this young handsome boy tried anything on her, yet she'd play along for now...hold on why did she think that he was handsome?!

Susan: *clears her thoughts* And what magic will you do~?

Y/N: Oh? Do I sense doubt from you~?

Susan: *rolls her eyes* Well with the information that you've told me alone, it sounds that you're a first year like me, yet you plan to do magic at a high grade level.

Y/N: And that is what you use to doubt my claim? Well then, how about a little wager~? And to make things tame the wager will be our names. If I win you tell me yours and if You win, I'll tell you mine. Seem fair to you?

As Susan thought about it, she hadn't caught the boy's name, yet it was though he didn't know hers. So, seeing nothing wrong with it she agreed.

Susan: Alright, deal.

Y/N: *grins* Brilliant. Now for this to work, you'll need to close your eyes and count to three.

Susan: *plainly* Really that's it?

Y/N: *chuckles* Well, I would tell you "Hold your breath, Make a wish, Count to three".

Susan: ........

Y/N: *clears his throat* Ah, my apologies that's a muggle joke I know. But in all seriousness, sometimes the most complex magic, can be done in simple steps.  Besides, if it doesn't work that would just mean you win right?

Once again, Susan was looking for how this boy was trying to prank her, yet all this time not once had he reached for a wand or anything else, so once more she went along with the charade.

Susan: Fine. *closes her eyes* One......Two.....Three.

As she reopened her eyes, she noticed that nothing really had changed. The kits were still on the high shelf and hadn't moved at all.

Susan: I see the kits are still there.

Y/N: Well that's because I chose the best ones in the back. You never know who touched the ones in the front and put them back for whatever reason~.

As Susan wanted to argue, she was caught off guard because in the young man's hands were two First-Year Stationary Kits.

Susan: *surprised* H-How?!

Y/N: Like I said, Magic.

Susan: B-But-

Y/N: Now, I do believe I won our little wager. So, a pleasure helping you Ms..........

Susan: *smiles* Susan. Susan Bones.

Y/N: Well then Ms. Bones, I hope we'll see each other again.

Shop Assistant: May I help you, Miss?

Susan: Wha- *looks at the assistant* I-I mean no thank you he already helped me.

Shop Assistant: Who?

Susan: Why, hi-

As Susan turned to acknowledge the boy that helped her, she saw that he was nowhere to be found. That once again amazed her because she never heard him leave, and it wasn't as if he could just disappear.... could he?

 Flourish and Blotts-

With his school list coming close to an end, Y/N only needed to buy his schoolbooks and finally a wand. Low and behold, he just so happened to be next to Flourish and Blotts, the well-known bookstore where most students got all of their textbooks for school. As he entered the shop, he could see that is was somewhat busy with there being a line. So, not wanting to be in that, he slowly gathered his books while waiting for the line to go down. After a little while, it seemed that the line was coming to a close, yet just as he was about to get in line, he heard an interesting conversation take place.

???: Dear are you sure that you'll need ALL of these books for school?

???: Of course Father.

???: But sweetie, on your list it only looks like Eight books, yet you have over Twenty.

???: That's because I want to know more about Hogwarts and the knowledge around and more about the wizarding world.

???: Hermonie dear, I understand you want to know about magic and all, but I think your Father and I agree that you might not want to overdo it.

Hermonie: I'm not overdoing it Mother; I simply want to know all that I can so-AH!

As the red-haired girl known as Hermonie was trying to have a conversation with her parents, she didn't see a lump in the rug, thus causing her to trip and nearly fall...well nearly since Y/N decided to catch her in one arm and her large stack of books in the other (all while having his books in the same arm as the rest).

Y/N: Well now, that would have been painful. Are you alright Ms.~?

Maybe it was the feeling of nearly hitting the floor, maybe it was the near embarrassment of the situation, or maybe it was being held face to face with her rescuer as he was holding her in his arm, or maybe it was just all of the above. Well, whatever it was cause Hermonie to blush up a storm, while she nodded rapidly. Seeing that she was alright, Y/N carefully placed her back on her feet and gave her stack of books back.

Mrs. Granger: Oh thank you for catching our daughter young man.

Y/N: *smiles* No problem at all mam. And might I ask who you all might be?

Mr. Granger: Well, we are the Grangers. My name is Patrick, this is my wife Emilia, and our daughter Hermonie.

Hermonie: *still blushing* H-Hello.

Y/N: Well, it's a pleasure to meet you all. And might I say that there's a lot of books in the wizarding world, but sometimes if you want to truly know what's going on out there, *looks directly at Hermonie* you need to experience it for yourself.

For one reason or another that response from Y/N only made her blush turn darker. With that little introduction out of the way, Y/N got in line with the Grangers and paid for his books, all while leaving a little something for Ms. Granger as well.

Mrs. Granger: Oh, I don't remember you grabbing this book dear.

Hermonie: Which one mother?

As Hermonie read the cover, she was instantly intrigued.

Hermonie: "Merlin's Labyrinth".... Interesting.

Ollivanders-

With everything else out of the way, Y/N's last item he'd need for his school year was a wand. And through his trip through Diagon Alley, there was only one known location here to get a wand and that was at Ollivanders.

As Y/N entered into the shop, he noticed how while the shop was compacted, that there were multitudes of wands stacked everywhere. Different sizes, colors, and shapes galore. Once he was inside, he heard a bell ring, then a voice spoke out to him.

???: Be right with you.

Not a moment later, out stepped an old man with stacks of medium slender boxes in his arms.

Ollivander: Ah, here for a wand I reckon? Garrick Ollivander at your service.

Y/N: *bows his head* Pleasure to meet you sir. 

Ollivander: Pleasure is all mine young man, now let's see which wand is right for you shall we.

As Mr. Ollivander handed Y/N a few different wands, none of them were the right fit for him. This process went on for a while with the wands either flying out of Y/N's hands, twirling around in the air, acting like broomsticks and soaring around the shop, and much more comedic actions. Yet it wasn't until Y/N felt something himself that changed the process.

Y/N: Mr. Ollivander....what about that one?

As Y/N asked, he pointed in the direction of a black box in the upper right corner of the store.

Ollivander: That one.....could it be?

As he got a ladder and reached for the box, he saw that the box itself jumped a little as if wanting to come out. Ollivander then hurried back to Y/N and handed him the box. When Y/N opened it, he picked up a black wooden wand with a scale and swirl-like handle.

As Y/N held it, he felt a surge go form himself towards the wand. As he slowly moved it around, it was though as if the wand was just an extension of his arm.

Olivander: *amazed* Incredible...truly incredible. I had always hoped I would see the day this wand found an owner...but I never thought that it would come.

Y/N: *looks at him interested* Why is that?

Olivander: Well, this wand was made with a peculiar circumstance on a peculiar day. It's Thirteen and a Half inches long, Firm. The wood is Elderwood that was struck by lightning during a storm. As i was in the process of wand making, a powerful storm was happening. Through the night, I had seen the storm get so powerful, that it blew open all of my doors and windows, when it had finally passed, I saw that a mixture of core ingredients had gotten mixed up together. I had thought that the ingredients were ruined...but that's when they started to combine. And in doing so, made up the core in the very wand you're holding.

Y/N: What were the ingredients might I ask?

Olivander: Well, there was actually Five of them. The heartstring of a Dragon, the hair of a Unicorn, the feather of a Phoenix, the fang of a Basilisk, and the tail hair of a Thestral.

Y/N: *also amazed* Remarkable.

Ollivander: Indeed lad. I had always hoped that the wand would find a user, and know it seems that that day is today.

Y/N: Well then, might I ask how much for it?

Ollivander: *shakes his head* For a craftsman such as myself to see a wand as this go into the capable hands of their user, that is all the price I require. Knowing that now it has a new home, I only ask that you treat it well as it will treat you on your journey lad. 

Y/N: *smiles* If that be the case, then I promise, I'll take good care of it.

As Y/N exited the shop, he hid his new wand and finally called Chalky to go home. In true confession though.... he technically didn't need a wand. Ever since he was able to speak, memorize, and project, he had been drilled at a young age to cast magic. Of course, that was during the time of when he was trapped down.... there...but from that time he would always train and get better at casting spells, hexes, curses, and much more all to the point where he could do it silently and with very little movement. Yet while He knew, he didn't want others he didn't trust to know it just ye, so that's why he got a wand. Though later on he did plan to show the world what he could truly do, it just wasn't the time yet. For now, the next thing he had to worry about.... was his departure.

A/N: And that's the end of this chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.5K 890 18
I don't own Highschool dxd. I don't own any pictures shown. Those belong to their respective owners. I only own the new plot parts.
3K 33 33
Fan fiction. I OWN NOTHING. ALL RIGHTS GO TO HBO AND GRRM.
16.3K 347 52
.ใƒปใ‚œใ‚œใƒป ๐–  ๐–ฅ๐–ฑ๐–ค๐–ฃ ๐–ถ๐–ค๐– ๐–ฒ๐–ซ๐–ค๐–ธ ๐–ฅ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฅ๐–จ๐–ข๐–ณ๐–จ๐–ฎ๐–ญ. โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ... ๐–ฅ๐—‹๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐–ป๐–พ๐—Œ๐— ...
2.7K 48 8
Alright lets do this one last time hopefully, my name is Y/n L/n and for the past year and a couple months I have been the one and the only Spider-ma...