invasato [h.s]

By ulookuglytodaysis

invasato; possessed or dominated by a strong passion. - "Alice in Wonderland? That's your favorite book." he... More

teaser/trailer
invasato
prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44: The Wedding
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69: we all fell down
70: flames
71
72: true identity
73
74: 'Flower'
75
76: The Heist Master
77: Finale
From the Author

58

606 29 4
By ulookuglytodaysis

short one but don't skip it. DONT SKIP IT.
i'm watching u.

//

Elaina Basset

I woke up to a rustling noise. I took in a deep breath through my nose as my eyes fluttered open. I noticed that my arm was sprawled out across a bed of black bed sheets, but no one was with me.

I was in Harry's bed at his house, which brought back the memory of last night and how he drove us to his house and not Zayn's.

We couldn't sleep for a while, I actually don't even remember drifting off. He held me close the whole time.

But he's not in bed. I rub my eyes and sit up, the dress shirt he wore last night now on my body. As I sit up, I realize the noise was coming from Harry getting dressed.

He lands eyes on me. "Sorry, I would let you sleep but we have to get back to the villa before they wake up." he states in the knowledge of our secret relationship.

"What time is it?" I rub my face, extremely tired now that I'm sat up.

"Just past six."

I take in a deep breath and yawn, throwing my legs over the edge of the bed. Harry comes over, and I meet eyes with him as he crouches in front of me, hands on my legs.

"I already have the bouncer and the guys from the bar looking for the guy." he tells me.

I breathe in through my nose. "I'm just worried about when he'll stop the stalking act and actually go in for the kill." I state.

"I know." he nods. "But we'll catch him, okay? He's outnumbered."

I try to let his words make me feel comfort. I know he'd do anything to protect me, and I'd do the same for him. That's all we can do for right now.

Right now, we're alive and we're in his room and I'm looking at his deep green eyes as he touches my leg gently.

He stands up, grabbing my face and kissing my forehead. "I'm gonna go make you a coffee." he whispers.

I give him a grateful small smile as he leaves the room. I finally get myself to stand up. I grab a pair of his boxers, slipping them on under the shirt.

My bare feet pat along his hardwood floors as I hear the coffee machine going downstairs. I walk over to his bathroom. The bright light causes me to squint, my hand hovering over my eyes to shield them. As I'm about to reach for the mouthwash, I notice a second toothbrush next to his pink one in the cup that holds them. This second one is a baby blue colour and it's packaged, not yet opened. I tilt my head, grabbing it.

I examine the package, turning it over and seeing a simple 'Elaina' scribbled on the back of it.

He got me a toothbrush for when I stay here?

I let my lips lift and breathe out a small silent laugh. I thought the gesture was really cute.

After my teeth are brushed, I gather my hair and re-pin it into an updo. I can't be bothered to tame it right now. I wipe off my makeup from last night, splashing water onto my face to feel somewhat refreshed.

The smell of fresh coffee fills the house. I head down the stairs, walking into his kitchen. I see him there, back turned to me. He's in grey sweats and a loose white t shirt. His short hair still manages to be a mess of wild curls.

The smell, the sight of him, it felt domestic...and I haven't felt that in a really long time. I know we've been together for all of two days, but I just want him close.

I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his torso, closing my eyes as my head turns to rest my cheek against his toned back.

He takes one hand and gives my forearm a gentle squeeze as he pours coffee into two mugs for us. He's pouring straight black coffee into his and adding some vanilla creamer to mine, making it a lighter, milkier brown.

He turns around in my hold, bearing the two mugs in each hand. He kisses my nose and hands me the white mug as he keeps the black one.

"Morning." he whispers in a tired, raspy early morning voice.

"Morning." I say as I take the mug and break my hold on him. I lift myself up onto one of the stools at the counter, as he stands adjacent to me.

He's looking down into his coffee, hands folded by his mouth. I can tell that there's stuff on his mind, just like me.

I look at the gold ring on his right middle finger. The worries which I expressed last night are still there, but I feel like it's too fresh to talk about in a mature way. I make myself look away from the ring.

I gently rub his bicep. "You okay?"

He takes his hands away from his mouth and crosses his arms against his chest while leaning into the counter, he looks at me and gives me a small smile with a hum.

"Yeah." he pauses, his lips pulling to the side. "Yeah, Im just...you know...thinking about what you said last night."

I take my hand away and shake my head. "Harry, I was being irrational—"

"You weren't though." he immediately cuts me off. "You weren't. That's the thing, everything you said was true."

My eyes search his for distress, but he didn't look distressed—I don't know what I found in his eyes...it looked more like defeat, but over what?

I don't want to start our day off this way.

"You know what..." I say with a small shrug, my voice soft. "it's not something we can fix immediately, so we just have to figure it out as we go."

His brows crease as he gazes my face up and down. Maybe he was expecting more of a reaction out of me, but I had my reaction last night. Now, all I can do is be there for him as much as he can for me. If we approach it with levelled minds and maturity, we can do it.

"It'll be okay." I whisper.

We'll be okay.

He blinks a few times, like he was rendered without words. So, instead of saying anything, he leans in and kisses my lips.

I close my eyes at the comfort of his mouth, taking in the feeling before he pulls away.

His eyes remain closed for a moment after as he takes a breath in. When he opens his eyes, they're still on me. "I just wanna protect you." he says in a whisper.

"You have been." I reassure with a fallen face.

Harry and I have been in danger for a while. We have people out for us, and I don't know why. It's a scary thought, but I know we have each other. He's done nothing but protect me and I'd do the same for him at the drop of a hat.

He's beating himself up, and it's because he doesn't feel good enough for me. I have a heavy feeling in my stomach knowing that he's feeling this way.

He takes another deep inhale and then rubs his face with his hands, straightening up.

"Jesus, sorry. I didn't want our first days as a couple to be like this." he laughs slightly but I knew nothing was funny.

"We're not perfect." I state. "The point is that I want to be with you, and that's enough for me."

He nods as he looks back at his coffee.

"Harry, I'll take all of your bad days no matter how many there are if it means I get to hold you at the end of them."

These words came so easily off of my tongue, which almost shocked me. With Isaac, I'd never say such things with no hesitation. But, I mean it with Harry, and I think that's why I have no problem telling him.

I mean it when I say I'll stay by you during your absolute worst moments, Dreamboat. I'll always mean it.

As he looks at me, his lips just slightly tug at the corner. He breathes out a chuckle.

"You're a cheesy little fucker, aren't you?"

I immediately roll my eyes and whack him gently on the arm with a smile. "You ruined it."

He laughs again and stands up tall, wrapping his arm around my head and kissing the top of my hair. "Okay drink up, we gotta get going."

He lets me go and leaves me with a grin on my face as I take sips of my coffee that's grown colder.

"Do you think they're questioning us at all?" I ask between sips.

He shakes his head. "Nah, they're oblivious."

"What do we do if they find out?"

He sips from his own mug, biceps tight against the fabric of his shirt. "I mean, fuck it. They've gotta find out at some point. Not really their business, is it?"

I nod. "Yeah, you're right."

The doorbell rings.

The buzzing noise that follows leaves us frozen. We both look in the direction of the front door. Every soft second that occurred between us just before has now turned hard as stone, the house silent.

It was an immediate heart dropping moment, because we both knew that no one should be here right now.

We look at each other, my stomach in my throat.

My head spins back to the night at my home in Denver with my family, the night where one doorbell ring spiralled into fire and death.

Harry acts by going over to a drawer by the oven, pulling it open and taking out a gun. My eyes go wide. He tucks it into the band of his sweats, hand ready on it.

I grab his arm before he can go, shaking my head silently.

"Let's just hide." I say with a scared, shrill voice.

"If it's someone looking for us, they'll find their way in no matter what." he warns me in a whisper.

My jaw clenches in fear as I step off of my stool. If he's going to the door, I'm not sitting here alone where someone could enter through the back door.

My mind is going crazy, imaging all of the worst scenarios.

I'm almost praying that it's one of the guys or girls, because even though it would look weird that Harry and I are here together, at least there wouldn't be a threat.

But all I can imagine when Harry opens that door is a masked killer or Leo and Marco or Jayden.

The doorbell rings again and I flinch, causing Harry to grab my hand while his other hand is on the gun tucked behind his back.

Getting closer to the door, my heart is pounding so loud that I'm sure Harry and whoever is on the other side of that door can hear it.

Harry places his hand on the knob, finger on the trigger.

At the same time he opens the door, he holds the gun up like he's ready to shoot. My eyes shut immediately but when I realize that he hasn't fired, nor said anything, they open back up.

I perceive the person on Harry's front step. A tall man with a beard, green eyes, and messy light brown hair. He's older, maybe in his 50's. He's wearing khaki pants and an old Rolling Stones shirt accompanied by a red flannel. His arms are up in a surrendered position by his head at the sight of the gun.

I've never seen this person. I stand there still scared but now also confused as my eyes drift to Harry.

And, oh my god, his expression.

Like he's seen a ghost, his lips are parted and his brows are narrowed while his eyes are widened. This wasn't the face of someone seeing a stranger on their doorstep. He knows this person.

I look back at the stranger, my heart still beating quickly. The man looks at the gun and just tilts his head.

And suddenly, from that mannerism alone, it clicks. And I have to stop my jaw from dropping in realization.

"It's been a while, son."

//

family reunion 😄😄😄😄 happy times 😄😄😄😄 no drama here 😄😄😄😄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

891K 24.9K 78
'You are going to help me acquire something very valuable,' he spoke close to my ear, his breath fanning down my neck. I looked up at the paintings...
678K 14.7K 74
-completed- His breath tampered on my neck as he backed me into a corner. "Look at me." he demands in a disturbingly-menacingly-calm tone. I couldn'...
915 21 25
February 20 2020, Harper's life gets turned upside down. She feels like she lost everything. Almost a year after the accident she meets a boy. A boy...
632K 11.4K 95
[COMPLETED] 18+⚠️: Contains mature and sexual content // enemies to lovers "I hate you." I repeated as I continued to walk toward her, causing her t...