His Secret

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Haze De Luca is the scariest, heartless, most popular... More

Disclaimer
Character Aesthetics
1|Haze De Luca
2|Why me?
3|It's a deal!
4|The Beginning
5|Silent Agreement
6|A One-time Thing
7|Ready!
8|Nothing But Trouble
9|Kicked Out
10|A Gap Between Us
11|Skip the Formalities
12|Confusion
13|I Need Him
14|Thank You
15|Election Day
16|The Fight
17|Disappointment
18|My Secret
19|Giggles
20|The King's Return
22|His Escape
23|Italian Pizzas
24|Father Bear
25|First Meeting
26|Growing on Me
27|Only Strangers with Benefits
28|No Pictures Allowed
29|Avacados
30|Shutting Down
31|My Escape
32|Acceptance
33|Exposed
34|Spiderman Pajamas
35|Prom?
36|Done Being His Secret
37|Happy Birthday to Me
38|Moping
39|Result Day
40|Prom
Epilogue
'Her Secret' Out Now
Emilia's Book Out Now

21|Apologies

113K 2.6K 1.8K
By _dat_one_girl_

Eve's POV

"You barely thought about it! Are you really going to join forces with that guy? You'll be under a dictatorship if you join his team!" Chase shouted.

"I've always wanted to be on student council. This might not be president but it's close," Belly answered back.

"I can't believe you are settling for that!"

"What should I do Chase? Should I just do nothing? What don't you get Chase? No one voted for me! I'm lucky he is even offering me this position."

As Chase and Belly continued to argue, Haze discreetly rubbed his thumb on my neck. At first, I pretended like it wasn't affecting me but then a smile came out. I bit my lip and curled my toes so I could keep myself contained.

He was doing this on purpose. No one was watching us, they were all too busy listening to Belly and Chase's argument.

He moved forward a little, just an inch, so that my back was slightly pressing against him.

I looked up and saw Aaron's eyes fixed on us. I quickly shrugged off Haze's hands off of my shoulders and sat forward.

He knows.

Haze cleared his throat. "Are you two going to finish anytime soon?"

"Yes, I'll take it!" Belly shouted angrily.

"You're on your own with this one," Chase grumbled.

"Actually, I am not. I will have Eve with me," she said before turning to Chase. "Think about it C, wouldn't it be best if I join Eve. We can't leave her alone with these people."

"Who the hell are you calling 'these people'? Do you think you're better than us?" Jason shouted but Haze covered his mouth.

Chase sighed, "Whatever, do what you want."

"Great! Meetings will be held every Wednesday at three. Don't be late," Haze drily said before turning around to leave.

He turned back to us before setting his eyes on Aaron.

"Glad to see that you're back Aroy," Haze said.

"It's Aaron," he shyly answered.

Haze raised his eyebrow. "What was that?"

"My-my name is Aaron, not Aroy," he stuttered.

Haze nodded. "Oh, good to know, Aaron."

Jason punched him. "What the hell are you doing? Are you trying to become friends with these freaks?"

"Oh, shut up, Jason," Haze said before stretching his hand out to Aaron. "I'm sorry I put you in the hospital. I guess I just got out of control. I hope there is no hard feelings."

Everyone's eyes widened, including mine. No one expected to hear an apology coming out of Haze's mouth, especially to Aaron.

Aaron hesitated before shaking his hand. "Thank you, Haze."

Haze immediately dropped his smile and started squeezing Aaron's hand. I could see the fear in Aaron's eyes.

"Don't ever pull that shit on me again or else you won't be here to get a second apology."

Aaron's breathing accelerated.

"Got it?"

Aaron nodded his head at once.

Haze let go of Aaron's hand and put back on his fake smile.

"Good job," he said before patting Aaron's back and walking to his seat with the trail of people behind him.

Chase quickly rubbed Aaron's back as he tried to slow down his breathing. "Hey man, you good?"

He kept focus on breathing before smiling and nodding. "I'm more than good!"

Chase furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"That could've been a lot worse!"

"That guy almost broke your wrist!"

"He apologized!" Aaron said with relief.

Chase, however, was not having any of it.

"Oh, come on guys, did you forget who that monster really is? He gave a so-called apology and offered you guys a spot on the student council, with a position he didn't deserve in the first place, and you guys are just going to forget everything else?"

"We aren't forgetting everything Chase?" Belly explained. "He is obviously trying, and he is offering us something that we want."

Chase turned to me. "Did you hear what he said he'd do to Eve if she didn't want to join? That's not 'offering', that's threatening!"

Chase stood up. "I can't believe you guys are giving in to that asshole. I'm disappointed in all three of you."

With that, he left.

Belly sighed before picking up her things. "I'll take care of this."

Once again, Aaron and I were sitting in awkward silence.

He cleared his throat. "Evie."

I turned to him. "Yes?"

"I saw what Haze did to you."

Shit.

"He was touching you!"

"Aaron," I whispered.

"We can report him, you know? I know you're scared but what he did was wrong."

"What? Oh, yes, I am very scared. I will report him."

"I can come with you if you want, in case you need any support."

I shook my head and pretended to act sad. "I think this is something I would like to do on my own. Please don't tell anyone; not even Chase or Belly."

He pretended to zip his mouth and throw away the key. "Your secret is safe with me."

The bell rang and we went to class for the remaining periods of the day.

As soon as I stepped out of class, a notification appeared on my phone.

Mom: I am outside. Come out now.

I took the longest sigh I have ever taken in my life. She was supposed to be in Switzerland right now.

"Well hurry up!" she shouted with a hint of annoyance when she saw me taking my sweet, precious time walking towards her.

"What are you doing here, mom?"

"I just thought we could go shopping that's all," she smiled.

I knew her.

Mom only wanted to go shopping with me when she was stressed about something.

"What's wrong?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I just miss talking to my best friend. First, I lost your dad and now I feel like I'm losing you too."

I sighed before starting to walk. "Come on, my car is parked this way."

...

We reached the mall in no time and first raided the food court.

I got myself a calorie-dense Philly cheesesteak while mom got the fattest cheese burger I've ever seen in my life. We laughed at each other's food choice as we shared and devoured them in no time.

Tessa might be a bad decision maker but she's still my mom. Nothing can change her.

"And the passenger asked me 'so why can't you just go get more snacks then?' and I was like 'um, because we're thirty-six thousand feet in the air'," she explained to me about a conflict she had on her last flight as we went through clothes.

"I told you that you should stop being a flight attendant," I said.

She turned to me and pointed to the shopping cart full of clothes and accessories. "Who else is going to pay for all of that if I do so."

"You have a fair point," I laughed as we continued walking through the store.

I instantly stopped laughing and walking when my eyes landed on a matching pair blue Spiderman pajama for couples.

Mom stood up next to me. "Are you and Chase back together?"

I quickly shook my head.

"Is there another guy in my baby's life? You should get it for him!"

I shook my head again. "We're not like that, mom. He would probably feel uncomfortable if I gave him that."

"They are buy one get one free!" the lady at the counter shouted.

Mom picked up two. "How about we get them and when you think he'll feel comfortable, you show him."

"But-"

"If he still feels uncomfortable then you would know he was never the one. Okay?"

I hesitated before nodding my head. "Okay."

This is going to be a mistake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 4.6K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
124K 2.9K 57
Chase made my life a misery for years. He was a monster who bullied and tormented me on a daily basis and he was my worst enemy for a long time. Unt...
89.9K 2.2K 53
"𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬. 𝐄𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐲." - "𝐈'...
1.4M 28.4K 63
They don't play to win. They play to hurt. Sterling Academy's irresistible reputation all came crashing down last year when a list of the 'top thirty...