No Strings Attached

By SA-Wolfie

Becca is the star vocalist of an up and coming band, until her lead guitarist quits. She needs a replacement... More

Chapter 1: Damnit
Chapter 2: Maybe
Chapter 3: Selection
Chapter 4: Pro
Chapter 5: Per Chance
Chapter 6: The Past
Chapter 7: The Present
Chapter 8: Clashing
Chapter 9: Friday
Chapter 11: Feelings
Chapter 12: First Gig
Chapter 13; Sunday
Chapter 14: Are you gonna be my girl?
Chapter 15: Hearts and Stars
Chapter 16: Take Me Out
Chapter 17: WhooHooo!
Chapter 18: And then it happened...
Chapter 19: The day after...
Chapter 20: Some things are bound to happen...
Chapter 21: What now?
Chapter 22: Strings and Boundaries
Chapter 23: Solo
Chapter 24: Firsts
Chapter 25: Exploring Emotions
Interlude

Chapter 10: In the Club

1K 50 18
By SA-Wolfie

Seated at a table in the club, the wet bunch of friends sat with their drinks while the foam spilled all over the club floor. Becca, Richie and Heng had Irin and Nop with them. Irin and Richie had been having an on and off teasing, flirty vibe going on and everyone has been waiting for the two to just get over themselves and hook up, despite the fact that Irin was basically like Becca's sister. Freen, for moral support, showed up with Nam and Tor, though these two were entwined on the dance floor for most of the night, lost in their own foamy world.

"So, I thought Becca had mad game, but I'm yet to see any evidence of this." Freen smirked at the woman with confidence as she took a swig from her drink. Becca raised her brows as a small smirk curled around the corner of her lips. Richie and Irin bit down their chuckles as they bumped shoulders, while Heng put his hand to his forehead and shook it. "Great. Now you've activated her." He mumbled.

"How have I activated her?" Freen asked as Becca's grin only grew wider and Heng scoffed. "Because now she's going to want to prove a point." Becca simply nodded enthusiastically and brought her bottle to her lips. As she glanced at Heng she said, "Choose a method."

"Method?" Freen asked innocently as her eyes jumped from one face to the next, all of them smirking. "Becca has several tricks to capture her so-called prey." Irin interjected while the guys simply nodded. Freen frowned as she tried to figure out what all of them knew. "There's the 'Spilt Drink'," Heng started and one by one the four friends rambled off Becca's methods: "Then there's the 'Lonely Girl'," Nop added. "The 'Eye Lock'," Richie said. "Don't forget the 'Throat Grab'," Heng grinned, "That one's my favourite." Irin nodded with a smirk, "And of course 'The Cage'." Nop nodded in agreement, then pointed out, "Also there's the 'Walk Away'." Irin laughed as she shook her head at Becca who had a cheshire grin by now, "We've probably forgotten some of them as well."

Freen's eyes were comically wide by now as she tried to wrap her head around all these 'methods' and how they could possibly look. "So choose one," Becca encouraged her friends, "So that I can show Freenkie here how it's done."

"Lies! I don't believe for one second you can pull off all of that." Freen laughed, though deep down she was simply wishing that they wouldn't work. She wasn't sure she really wanted to see Becca working her magic, so to speak.

"Again, choose one." Becca challenged the table and Richie spoke up first. "The Spilt Drink.' Ease Freen into it." Becca nodded as she finished her drink while scanning the room. Locking onto a girl that stood at another table close enough to the dancefloor to be transfixed on the wet bodies, but far enough to clearly be disarmed. She had a drink in her hand, which was compulsory for the method to work. "Okay, here goes nothing." She said as she slammed her empty bottle down on the table and slowly sauntered over.

Heng narrated the process to Freen as it happened. "First she'll appear clumsy, falling down next to the girl and smacking her drink off the table in the process." Which is exactly what Becca did and the whole table watched with keen eyes. "Then she gets up and apologizes profusely. If the girl is aggressive, she simply backs away."

"But this one, as you can see..." Irin inserted, "She's friendly enough. Becca knows how to choose her targets." Nop pointed to what was happening and continued the narration. "She insists on replacing the girl's drink, even though she declined out of politeness. But Becca doesn't take no for an answer. Watch how she takes the girl with her hand placed by the girl's elbow. It's light enough to be non-threatening, but stern enough to steer her to the bar."

Richie added then, "Notice how she doesn't take the girl by the hand, because that would be too obvious in making her intentions clear." Heng returned to further explain, "At the bar she'll replace the girl's drink, as well as getting herself a new one just to make it seem casual, that she's not just there for the girl alone. She'll also order each of them a shot to apologize again."

Nop then pointed out the most crucial part, "Here's the real trick. Becca doesn't introduce herself and she doesn't ask her name either. After taking the shot, she simply says something like, 'be careful'." Irin added, "Or 'take care', or 'see you later maybe'. Something along those lines. It allows her to maintain an air of mystery about her as she walks away."

Back to Richie as he finishes the narration while Becca approaches their table again, "She returns to her friends and acts all casual. The girl is intrigued. Watch what she does." Freen glanced over to the girl at the bar and frowned. She was writing something on a napkin, then approached their table. She simply folded the napkin and held it in her hand, then shook Becca's hand, "Thanks for the drink."

Becca merely smiled and and nodded, then turned her gaze away and continued with her drink. Once the girl had disappeared into the foam, Becca dropped the napkin on the table. Freen picked it up and unfolded it to see a number written down, along with the name 'Sam'.

"Geeeez." Freen said, impressed but also feeling a little sick that it was so easy for Becca to pick up a girl. "So, are you going to phone her?" The whole table burst out laughing and shook their heads. Freen's facial expression was quizzical. "Becca rule number one," Irin said and continued with pointed words, "Becca doesn't call."

Freen raised one brow at Becca, feeling slightly better. "And why not?" Becca shook her head as she crumpled up the napkin and flicked it at Heng. "Because I'm not desperate." She said simply.

"Okay..." Freen dragged out, wishing it was that easy for her. Even though she liked women and was very certain of that, she had never been with one. And here her old best friend was acting like a pro. It made her blood simmer slightly, not really wanting to know who Becca would actually take home at the end of the night if she had such an arsenal of pick-up tricks. "So how do the rest work?"

"I can't show you all of them or this night will end up in a fight. Inevitably the girls will notice me flirting with the others and that's never a good idea." Becca shrugged and got back to her drink. Nam and Tor joined them then, drenched with foam still stuck everywhere. "Oh come on, are you guys going to sit here all night?"

Freen turned her head away from Becca towards Nam so that she could give her a subtle eye roll. "Becca is just regaling us with her bag of tricks on how to pick up women." Nam laughed then and grabbed Freen around the shoulders as she looked over at Becca. "Oh please teach her something. She really could use the help!" Freen elbowed Nam in the ribs to keep quiet as Becca raised a brow. She suspected Freen might have a little bit of an inclination towards women, but she hadn't been sure. Nam just confirmed Freen's interest and it definitely piqued Becca's curiosity.

"Yeah Becca, teach me something else." Freen stared Becca down with those dark eyes, the strobe lights flashing around them making it look as if they had flames dancing within. Becca swallowed a little harder on her next swig of beer.

Luckily her friends jumped in to help explain some of the other tricks. "'The lonely girl' just consists of Becca sitting alone at a table or bench or somewhere looking as bloody sad as she can. Usually someone will approach her to check if she's okay. Then she lies her way into their pants." Nop explained one method before looking to Richie for the next.

"The Eye Lock' is where Becca dances, usually Irin helps her with this one. While she's moving about, she'll lock eyes with the girl she wants and won't stop looking, no matter how or with whom she's dancing. Then after a while she'll walk off to the bathroom and smirk at the girl as she passes her. Usually the girl follows her."

"The others are boring, but Becks I beg you, please please please show us the throat grab!" Heng pleaded with his hands clasped together. "It is so badass!" Becca grinned while Freen and Nam raised their brows. "Sounds a little kinky to me." Nam pointed out and Irin laughed loudly, "Oh trust me, it is." Freen grit her teeth and clenched her jaw, really not wanting to see any more of this nonsense. However, she knew she had no choice in the matter and she couldn't give away the fact that the fires of jealousy were starting to burn up her insides.

"Okay fine, this is the last one, then we're just going to go dancing, okay?" Becca sighed and looked about the room, trying to find another target to demonstrate her final trick for the night. She found a girl leaning against one wall, slightly bopping along to the music with no drink in hand. That bit was important.

Once again Heng narrated for the rest to understand what Becca was doing as she went about performing her magic. "She goes up to the girl, standing just a little bit back for space between them. She then leans in and whispers something offensive in her ear. Not too much, but enough to make the girl angry. And then... There comes the slap, but Becca expertly blocks it by grabbing the woman's wrist with one hand, the other hand reaches for her throat, though lightly enough again to be non-threatening. Notice how she leans her body into the woman now and drags her nose along her jawline up to her ear. She usually then whispers something along the lines of 'Do that again and I'll have to punish you'. Then Becca walks away without turning back. Watch how the girl chews her bottom lip as her eyes follow Becca. Now she's interested."

Becca returns to the table with a smirk and sits down again to drink her beer. "Just warn me if she's coming at me. That trick can backfire badly, but it's a rush for sure."

"Fucking hell..." Freen mumbled and grabbed Nam by the hand, dragging her off to the bar, Tor following short on their heels. The rest of the table stared at Becca as she leaned back in her chair, enjoying her drink. When she noticed the pointed looks she furrowed her brow in confusion. "What?" Irin shook her head and reached for Becca's arm, clasping it tightly. "You know I love you, right? But you're fucking clueless."

"Don't start, okay?" Becca growled. She wasn't clueless. She knew exactly what all of them had in mind, but she firmly refused to pay attention to it. She knew she was poking at Freen like a bear with a sore paw. And honestly, she was enjoying it. She had no plans to change what she was doing.

At the bar Freen and Nam had already downed two shots each, while Tor got a round of shots for the table. They all joined in to cheers to the band and slammed back the hard liquor, followed by a dive into the thick masses of foam covering the dancefloor.

It was bodies upon bodies and skin upon skin, sleek and wet as friends and strangers alike danced to the dark, hypnotic beats. Becca lost herself in the rhythm and tried to clear her mind from a certain someone, but found it quite difficult. Every now and then she'd search and spot the dark haired beauty moving about. She would convince herself that she was just looking out for Freen's safety and nothing more, but she also knew that was a lie.

Freen, on the other hand, was quite liquored up by now as it was her method of forgetting about Becca and just enjoying herself. Nam and Tor would dance close by to make sure she was okay and everytime Nam and Freen started dancing close and grinding and slipping against each other, it would make Becca just an extra bit mad.

Eventually a tall, sexy man with his chiseled body moved in on Freen and she didn't bother pushing him away. In fact, she wanted to play and started running her hands over his naked torso as they danced together. That was Becca's last straw. She finished her drink in three seconds flat, slammed the bottle down on the nearest table, and headed for the exit. Noticing Becca's immediate change in mood, Irin quickly followed her friend.

"What the fuck, Becca? We're all just having some fun. What's your problem?" She asked forcefully when she grabbed her friend by the wrist to stop her from heading down the stairs where she would reach the street. Becca swung around and hissed, "You know what my problem is! I can't watch that!"

"So don't! Just come enjoy yourself with your friends. You don't have to pay attention to what you don't want to see." Irin stepped into Becca's space and held her face in her hands. "I know it's been a long and tiresome journey for you to get over her, but if you let your emotions control you now, you'll never get out of that hole you're stuck in. Come prove to yourself that you've actually made progress."

Becca leaned against the wall, clenching her jaw at the consideration of it all. Taking a deep breath, she sighed finally and relented, following Irin back up the stairs to the club. "Fine, but if I see her kissing someone I WILL get violent."

As they entered the club once more, Irin shoved Becca towards the guys and indicated to them to take her dancing, while she herself went to the bar. Freen was laughing and drinking with the guy from the dancefloor, but Irin quickly inserted herself between them. "Baby, you know I don't like it when you play with the guys." She gave the tipsy Freen a solid glare, then turned to the guy. "Sorry if my girlfriend has been bothering you. She gets a little out of hand when she's been drinking." The guy's eyes went wide and he held his palms up, "Hey no worries. Sorry, I thought she was single." Irin put on a fake sweet face for him and eased out her words carefully, "Yeah well, she's not. See you later." Irin grabbed Freen by the shoulders and steered her back to the group on the dancefloor. Nam was already waiting for her with a bottle of water.

As the group continued dancing close to each other in order to protect their own, they gave themselves time to have fun and sober up before it got too late and too crazy. One thing they could all sense, however, was the crazy electrical tension between Becca and Freen as they would lock eyes every now and then, but refused to touch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1.4K 22
A FreenBecky story
119K 6.5K 30
"What happened to your face?" Freen asked. I look away because I can't believe she noticed it, I was so sure she wouldn't because I know she'll get a...
486K 20.5K 138
The dark theory with FreenBecky.. must read. #FreenBecky #FANFIC Supporting Characters : [ Irin - Nam - Nop - Tan - Mich -Chen -Saint - Cherisa - Ni...
382K 13.4K 100
During a night out, Freen, the daughter and heir of a conglomerate awakens a part of herself when she locks eyes with a young physics professor, Beck...