Old Hopes & New Boots (Kelsea...

By UnnervedXD

Y/N L/N is a 26 year old, small-time country musician from Tennessee, who's just trying to make it big doing... More

Obsession with Music
Crash Into me
At War With Myself
E
Risk Takin'
Mystery Woman and Record Labels?
Dive Bar Romance
Mornin' Afters
Deals and Divorces?!
Dates and Secrets
Layin' It All Out
First Ex/ First Single
Who to Trust...
A/N
Anger, Hurt, and Deceit

The Fair and Fallin' Hearts

76 3 6
By UnnervedXD

Y/N Pov

I woke up to my phone ringing, well more like screaming at me, due to the hangover I am currently nursing. I reached up under my pillow for my phone and looked to see who was calling this early in the morning. My eyes had to adjust to the brightness of my phone screen, the screen had "Darlin" on it. There's only one person I call darlin, so I quickly answered the phone, "Well good mornin sunshine" Kelsea said. "Mornin Darlin'", I rasped out with sleepiness laced in my voice. "Y/N it's 2 in the afternoon, wake your ass up!" Someone yelled from the outside of my door. "I'm up will ya leave me alone!" I yelled back. I heard Kelsea laughing at the conversation, "Oh so you think me getting yelled at is funny huh?" I asked as I got out of bed and made my way to my closet to get clothes for my shower, Hygiene is important after drinking.

"No I just think its funny that as an adult you still have to be woken up..." Kelsea said. "I rarely sleep in, I'm also nursing this mean hangover" I said as I grabbed my clothes, which consisted of a t-shirt and jeans and made my way to the bathroom. "Makes sense you did drink a lot, if I didn't know any better I'd thought Jess was tryna kill ya" Kelsea said making me laugh. "She just knows I can handle my liquor. But imma hop in the shower, you can stay on the phone just know I sing in the shower." I said as I climbed in the shower putting my phone in the protective case on my shower wall so I could hear her.

"Oh, so I get free entertainment, like last night?" Kelsea said. I laughed, "Only if you wanna listen darlin'". She said, "I'll take you up on that offer kind sir." "Alexa, play Do You Remember by Jay Sean." I said. "Now Playing Do You Remember by Jay Sean" was announced through the speakers throughout the bathroom. "This is my shit!" I said, forgetting Kelsea was on the phone as I started singing and dancing like an idiot. "There's nothing left to say..." singing into my shampoo bottle. Kelsea's laugh echoed through the shower. "I would kill to be a fly on the wall in your bathroom right now," She said. "Now Miss Ballerini is that your way of saying you wanna be in my bathroom right now, mind you I'm nekkid.." I said teasing her, doing my skin routine. "I- Uh- Uhm, That's not what I meant!" She said making me laugh. "I'm just teasin' ya darlin. If you wanna see my shower show, just Facetime me," I said laughing.

I moved the protective case up more so she would only be able to see my face and upper body, just as the Facetime request popped up. I answered it, "Well, Howdy Darlin," I said. She smiled, "Hey handsome, havin' fun? It sounded like it." Pocketful of Sunshine started playing and I laughed, "This is also my jam." "Take me Away! A secret place! A sweet escape!" I sang into the same shampoo bottle from earlier. "So this is what men do in the shower?" She asked. "Nope just this man," I said and pointed at myself. I did a spin and lost my footing, almost falling in the shower. "Holy shit are you okay?" Kelsea asked me trying to hold in her laugh. I laughed so hard at myself, "I'm good, just saw my life flash before my eyes." She finally let out the laugh she was holding in.

We continued to talk and laugh at my stupidity as I finished my shower and skin routine. I grabbed the phone out of the protective case and placed it on my bathroom counter facing the ceiling. I wrapped a towel around my waist and used a separate towel for my hair. "Jeez you take longer than I do," Kels said. "Ma'am I wasn't born this good looking ya know" I replied while looking to see it was 3 o'clock. "My skincare routine takes the longest," I told her now looking at her while getting dressed. I realized Kelsea was really quiet, so I looked down with my toothbrush in my mouth. "You okay there sweetheart?" I asked while noticing she was staring at me, seemingly lost in her own thoughts. "Uh... Yeah, I'm good, Just thinkin' about some stuff" She replied.

I finally finished getting dressed, still on the phone with Kelsea. "So can I know what we are doing tonight?" She asked, curiosity laced in her voice. "No ma'am it's a surprise. But dress comfy, and be ready to have fun." I replied. "Ugh you're no fun, why can't you just tell me?" She begged. "I can't do that darlin and you know it," I said looking at her. I walked downstairs and sat on the couch, only to be pounced on by Sobek. "Hey buddy! I missed you too, but get off of me." I said to him while petting him. "Who's the cutie?" Kels asked. "This handsome boy is Sobek, he is my Belgian Malinois," I said showing him on the camera. "He's adorable! He and Dibs would get along great!" She said. "You'll have to come to meet him and give him all the pets," I said. "I definitely will have to, you sure you ain't gonna get jealous?" She asked. "I ain't gonna make any promises..." I said laughing.

We talked for a few hours, but she had to go do some interview, which seemed to make her perfect smile fade... I wonder what the interview is about... I fed Sobek and made sure he was set for the night. I got another phone call from that random number, and I answered it. "Hello?" I said. "Hello is this Mr. Y/LN?" the man on the other line asked. "This is him, may I ask who this is?" I said. "This is Lex Lipsitz from BRE or Black River Entertainment. I was curious if you had time to come to the studio tomorrow to possibly talk about signing with us?" He asked. "Uh-I-uh... Yes.. Yep I can absolutely do that!" I said calmly, while internally losing my shit. "Great! I'm looking forward to meeting with you! How about I send you the address tomorrow and we can meet up at 10?" He asked. "Absolutely that sounds great! I can't wait to meet with you." I said. "Okay cool I'll see you tomorrow morning Y/N." He said as he hung up.

"WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!" I yelled while looking at the clock seeing it was 6:00 o'clock. "Oh Shit! I gotta get ready for my date!" I ran upstairs and quickly threw an outfit together: 

I grabbed a hoodie to go with it, considering it gets cooler at night. I ran down the steps and grabbed my keys to my truck, rushing out of the house. I climbed into the truck and plugged in the address Kels had texted me. "Great it takes 20 minutes to get there!" I said pulling out of the driveway. My phone connected and started playing music, I noticed a roadside stand selling flowers, I pulled over and got some flowers for Kels: 

I climbed back in the truck and made it to her house. I climbed out of the truck and went to walk up to the house. "Hey! Who are you?" A man shouted at me, which made me jump cause he caught me off guard. "I'm Y/N, I'm here to see Kelsea..?" I said with a questioning tone. "How do I know you're not some crazy fan?" He asked. "Uh... I can call her if you want me to prove it to you..." I said, shouldn't he be able to call her... "Yeah call her." He said.

I pulled out my cell phone and opened her contact and called her. It took 2 rings for her to answer, "Hey handsome, where are you?" she asked. "Hey darlin', I'm here but your security guard is here, and thought I was a crazed fan or stalker," I said. "Hand him the phone please?" she asked. I handed him the phone and he walked a lil ways away from me. I couldn't hear the conversation, but by the look on his face, it wasn't pleasant... He walked over to me and handed me my phone back, "Sorry Mr.Y/N, I didn't realize who you were.." he said. "It's okay bud, and drop the Mr. It makes me feel old," I said. "You can go up to the house," He said stepping out of my way.

 I made my way up to the door, nerves through the roof... I hid the flowers behind my back and knocked on the door. The door opened and my hazel eyes instantly locked with beautiful green ones, "Hey darlin'," I said with a smile. "Hey handsome," She said. damn the things that name does to me... "These are for you, ya know beautiful flowers for the beautiful lady," I said as I handed her the flowers. "Aw, y/n that's so sweet!" She said taking them and smelling them. "Come inside so I can put these in a vase and then we can go?" She asked. "Absolutely darlin'," I said as I followed her into the house.

As she was walking to what I believe was the kitchen, I took a moment to look around her living room, taking in the atmosphere and looking at the pictures she had out. As I was looking at a picture, I felt something nudge my leg, I looked down to see her dog, "Hey bud! Ain't you adorable" I said kneeling to allow him to sniff me. He licked my face, I laughed, "I take it you like me, considering you ain't tryna eat my face." I said petting him and rubbing his ears. "Dibs! I'm sorry, I thought he was outside." Kels said. "Sweetheart it's okay, I promise," I said looking up at her, taking my time to notice her outfit and how gorgeous she looks. I stood up giving Dibs another good head scratch, "You ready to go?" I asked. "Yeah. Let's go to this mystery date, that you wouldn't tell me about," She said hitting my shoulder.

I held my hand out for her to take and she intertwined her fingers with mine. I smiled to myself, "I hope you're not super competitive sweetheart," I said as we walked to my truck. "Competitive? Are you giving me a hint?" She asked. "That's all your gonna get from me," I said opening her door and helping her get in the truck. I closed her door and climbed into the driver's seat. I backed out of the parking space and made our way to the fair.

Kelsea's POV

I kept stealing glances at y/n, you can't blame me he's handsome. "Hey y/n?" I said. "Yes ma'am," He said. "Where are we going?" I asked giving him puppy dog eyes. "Honey I ain't gonna tell you, no matter how cute you look right now." He said looking at me at the red light. "Fine," I said crossing my arms, acting like I was mad at him. He took one hand off the steering wheel and lightly pulled my arm, and held my hand. "You can't stay mad at me darlin' who are you tryna kid." He said, focusing back on the road as the light turned green. "I'm still mad at you," I said looking out the window. "Sure you are darlin'," He said while smiling.

I looked at our hands and started caressing the back of his hand with my thumb, then went back to listening to the music in the truck. Suddenly he skipped a song, "What was that about?" I asked. "Uhhh nothing... nothing at all." He said. "Y/N what song was that..." I said going back to the song. I laughed when I realized it was one of my songs, "This is what you skipped, did you not want me to know that you listen to my music?" I asked. "No I don't mind that you know, I just figured you didn't wanna listen to yourself sing..." He said, his face getting red. "Hey handsome, I appreciate it but I don't mind it, really I don't," I said kissing the back of his hand to ease his nerves.

He sighed, "Oh! I forgot to tell you about the crazy phone call I got earlier!" He said. "What happened?" I asked. "An agent from BRE, Black river entertainment, the record label, called me and asked me to meet him tomorrow to talk about signing with them!" He said with excitement in his voice. "That's the record label that I'm signed to! That's awesome y/n! I'm proud and excited for you!" I said matching his excitement. "I'm nervous. What if they don't like me, what if they change their minds..." He said looking at me as he put his hand on the headrest of my seat... That's hot... and backed into a parking spot. I saw a Ferris wheel and heard children laughing. "Hey handsome, look at me.." I said rubbing his arm. He looked at me, "They will love you, you are extremely talented, the song you sang the other night was amazing. They would be crazy not to sign you..." I said looking him in the eyes, smiling. "Are we at a fair?" I asked. "Yes ma'am we are!" He said climbing out of the truck. "Don't even think about opening that door!" He said as he closed his door.

He opened my door and held out his hand for me to take. I grabbed his hand and climbed out of the truck. "You ready for some fun?" He asked. I intertwined my fingers with his "Absolutely, you ready to lose?" I asked him as we walked up to the ticket booth. "Darlin' I don't lose." He said paying for our tickets. "You know I could pay for my own tickets," I said. "You will pay for absolutely nothing tonight sweetheart," He said. God that southern drawl... "Let's go play some games, so you can lose." He said. I laughed "Yeah we'll see who loses.."

 The first game we walked up to was a dart-throwing game. Y/N wanted to win me a stuffed animal. His mama did a great job raising him, I gotta meet that woman. "3 darts please," He asked the young lady running the game. He paid her and she handed him the darts. "Watch and learn darlin'," He said looking at me, smiling. "I'm watchin'," I said. An damned if I wasn't, the way his bicep flexed as he aimed the dart, his show-stopping smile, his gorgeous hazel ey— POP! — I jumped at the sound of the first balloon popping, bringing me back to reality. "That's one," He said. He threw the other 2 darts successfully popping 2 more balloons. "Which stuffed animal do you want sweetheart?" He asked looking at me. "The teddy bear, it looks soft," I said wrapping my arm around his, leaning on him.

The young lady handed him the teddy bear and he insisted on carrying it. "What's next," I asked him. "Well we could play more games or we could go on the Ferris wheel?" He asked. "I wanna play the water gun game, I'm gonna destroy you in that," I said. "Okay, darlin' let's go do it," He said holding my hand. We walked up to the stand and told the lady we were gonna go against each other. I picked a spot and he sat next to me, "You're gonna lose darlin'," He whispered in my ear, which sent a chill down my spine. 

The game started and I was winning... Until I suddenly couldn't see, "Y/N! Stop cheating!" I said laughing. He laughed and uncovered my eyes, "Sorry I had to, you looked so focused." He said. The bell went off, signaling I had won. "Ha! Told you I was gonna win!" I said, doing a victory dance. He smiled and laughed at my antics, "God you're beautiful..." He said and instantly covered his mouth and hid his face. "What was that?" I asked. "I said you're beautiful," He said into his hands, muffling his voice. I pointed out the stuffed animal I wanted and stepped in between his legs, removing his hands from his face, "Repeat that one more time for me," I said looking him in the eyes.

"I said you're beautiful, Kels." He said looking up at me, placing his hands on the back of my thighs. "Why did you hide?" I asked, grabbing my stuffed animal from the lady, and thanking her. "I didn't mean to say it out loud.." He said. "I mean you already said it once at the house..." I said, smiling at him. "Yeah but that was me trying to make you smile, This time was a realization.." He said standing up and placing his hands on my waist. "A realization of?" I asked. "How breathtakingly gorgeous you are." He said looking down at me. "Thank you y/n, you're very sweet," I said.

"Come on let's go on the Ferris wheel! He said, scooping me up, and carrying me toward it. "Y/N!" I squealed as he picked me up. "To the Ferris wheel!" He yelled and started running. "Oh my god!" I laughed. He put me down at the base of the Ferris wheel, grabbed my hand, and pulled me behind him. I quickly pulled out my phone and snapped a photo, 

That's going on Instagram... "You ready darlin'," He asked. "Let's do it handsome," I said following him into the basket. He sat against one side and I sat against the other. "So are you enjoying our date?" He asked, putting his arm behind me. I looked at him and said, "I'm loving this date, not just the fair but getting to spend time with you." He smiled and looked out at the sights. I shivered and he must have noticed cause he pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest, enjoying his warmth. I should've brought a jacket. I looked up at him and smiled. He looked so amazed at the sights and yet so calm.

"Hey Kels?" He asked. "Yeah, handsome?" I said. "Would you wanna go with me tomorrow?" He asked. "If you want me to, absolutely, I'll be there," I said... That's not what I thought he was gonna ask me. "Good, because I like spending time with you." He said looking at me. "Look we are at the top!" I said. We both looked around before we locked eyes with each other. "You know the sights are that way right," I said looking at him. "Yeah, but I'm looking at someone way more gorgeous.." He said not breaking eye contact. I blushed hard, and momentarily broke eye contact.

I looked from his eyes down to his lips, weighing my options. Fuck it. I looked back up into his eyes, "Hey y/n?" I said, in a whisper, biting my lip. "Yes darlin'," He said looking at me. "I hope this doesn't make things awkward between us," I said. "Wha–" He said and I grabbed the collar of his hoodie and kissed him. He placed his hands on my waist and kissed me back. He deepened the kiss, which I allowed. We finally broke apart when air became an issue. "Wow.." He said resting his forehead against mine. "Yeah, my thoughts exactly.." I said smiling. "Am I taking you home after this or do you wanna come to mine?" He asked. "What time is your meeting tomorrow?" I asked.

"It's at 10 in the mornin'," He said. "We can go to yours, it's probably closer than mine," I said. He stepped out of the basket and I followed. "You ready to leave?" He asked. I yawned, nodding, "Yeah I'm ready." He held my hand and brought it to his lips, kissing my knuckles. "Just so you know, I chickened out about kissing you." He said as we walked to his truck. "Why?" I asked. "I wasn't sure you would be okay with it." He said. I smiled, "I'm glad you respect boundaries Y/n," She said. He smiled and opened the door for me. "You know I can open my door," I said. "Yes but while I'm here you will never open your own door. My mama always told me to open the door for women." He said before closing the door. He climbed into the driver's seat and started the truck. He pulled out of the parking lot, putting his hand on my thigh while driving. "I appreciate it y/n," I said. "The kiss didn't make things awkward by the way, now I just wanna kiss you more," He said smiling at me. "Well, I ain't gonna stop you handsome," I said looking at him

After about an hour of driving, we pulled into his garage. He helped me out of the truck and led me inside. He was instantly jumped on by Sobek. "Down boy, relax, I missed you too buddy," He said petting him. Sobek instantly turned his attention to me, he sniffed me and licked my hand, "Hey Sobek! Aren't you a sweetheart!" I said petting him and rubbing his ears. He ran upstairs to y/n's room, and we followed him. "Do you want something to sleep in?" y/n asked me. "Yes please," I said sitting on his bed, looking around his room, while he was in his closet. "Here ya go, here's some sweatpants and a t-shirt and a hoodie," He handed them to me. I looked at him and realized he changed and he was also shirtless. "Uh, Um, Thanks handsome," I said staring at his abs.

"Do you want me to put a shirt on?" He asked. "No!" I said a little too fast, making him laugh. "Okay darlin' the bathroom is right there," He said pointing to the door. "Thanks." I got up and went into the bathroom to change. After I changed I walked out and laid next to him in bed. He laid his head on my chest and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Is this okay?" He asked. "Yeah it's fine y/n," I said running my hand through his hair. He looked up at me, placed his hand on my cheek, and kissed me. I kissed him back and smiled, "Goodnight handsome," I said. "Goodnight love." He said as we fell asleep.

Long Chapter Again!

Their first kiss?! What do we think?

What do yall wanna see next? Let me know!

Work has been hectic, Thanks for sticking with me

Much Love -G

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 1.2K 24
Dani is a single mom who runs a successful boutique. Working long hours plus taking care of her daughter on her own doesn't leave her much time to do...
5.1K 175 31
Lacey Grace is a 26 year old girl who is stuck in between tearing down walls, and building more. She finds hope in Keith Urban's music. Her life is t...
7.4K 319 22
Small town North Carolina native Hailey James has always had a dream, and that dream was to make a difference in the world. Fresh out of law school s...
157 21 30
This is my story from the website Quotev! If any stories are similar that aren't from this account or my Quotev account @TeriEspinosa, then please re...