The Villainess Became The Mal...

By 7SevenFive5

Picture this: I suddenly find myself in a medieval fantasy world, like the ones I used to gobble up in books... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 14

1.8K 61 18
By 7SevenFive5

The crown prince stormed into the workroom with an evident sour mood, a familiar occurrence to both secretaries.

"What's so special about that guy?" the crown prince grumbled to himself. "Cedric this, Cedric that. There's no way he's seeing her as just a friend."

'Is this the start of the inevitable misunderstanding phase?' Vivienne pondered silently.

"I'm going out," the crown prince declared abruptly, leaving the office.

'He barely sat down, and now he's already leaving,' Vivienne thought to herself.

"Should we go after him?" Vivienne inquired.

"I'll go after him," Milo volunteered, remembering the last time Vivienne had to endure accompanying the crown prince to the garden.

"Here are some snacks," Vivienne offered a handful of snacks before Milo departed, eliciting a laugh from him.

"Thank you for the offer. I'll be back," Milo replied before setting off.

As Vivienne continued to work on her tasks leisurely, there was a gentle knock on the door, surprising her since she hadn't anticipated any visitors that day. Opening the door, she was greeted by Ava.

"Is Apollo here?" Ava inquired.

"He just left. He had some urgent matters to attend to. I believe he'll be back shortly. If you need to see him urgently, you can wait here," Vivienne replied.

"Oh, it's alright. I'll go with Cedric instead," Ava responded.

'Unfortunate timing for the crown prince. Well, they might run into each other outside,' Vivienne thought, bidding Ava farewell.

Vivienne returned to peacefully complete her work before it was time for her to leave. Milo arrived back with a visibly intoxicated crown prince. Swiftly, Vivienne assisted Milo in settling the crown prince onto his chair.

"Drinking in the middle of the day until now. He must have been extremely jealous," Vivienne commented.

"At first, he didn't intend to go out for drinks. However, when he saw Duke Frostbourne and Lady Silverwood together, his anger got the best of him. He impulsively punched the Duke, which only fueled Lady Silverwood's anger. His Highness also said something regrettable to her. In response, she slapped him and left with the Duke, leaving His Highness in my care. As a result, he sought solace in a bar and resorted to excessive drinking," Milo explained, his disappointment evident in his voice. "Unfortunately, I couldn't prevent His Highness from consuming an excessive amount of alcohol."

'All that drama, and I missed out on it. But truth be told, I don't mind much. I feel safe here, and I'm content,' Vivienne thought.

"I don't think we can just sit back and do nothing now, Milo. The crown prince's jealousy is intensifying day by day, and he inexplicably refuses to confide in Ava about it," Vivienne expressed her concern regarding the crown prince's current state.

"I understand, Vivienne. I made a mistake by not intervening with Duke Frostbourne from the start. I'll take responsibility and do my best to mend the relationship between the crown prince and Lady Silverwood," Milo admitted.

"No, we'll tackle this together. With a month and a half left, the engagement ceremony plans for the crown prince and Lady Silverwood are already progressing smoothly. Therefore, I firmly believe we have sufficient time to address and resolve this issue," Vivienne declared with determination, ready to lend her assistance in finding a solution.

"I find comfort in knowing that you're here by my side," Milo said, a smile gracing his face as he appreciated having someone to rely on.

"I'll see if Lady Silverwood has returned to her room. If she hasn't, I may need to go check on Duke Cedric," Vivienne stated, acknowledging the need to ensure the well-being of both individuals involved.

"I'll take care of the crown prince. While waiting for him to sober up, I'll create a bouquet of roses for him to offer to Lady Silverwood. Once he is in a better state, I will advise him to apologize to the Duke and offer suggestions on how to win Lady Silverwood's heart again," Milo explained, outlining his plan to assist the crown prince in repairing the situation.

They set off to fulfill their respective tasks with their plan in motion.

'As I work overtime, the sooner I can resolve this situation, the better,' Vivienne thought, hastening her steps toward Ava's room. When Vivienne knocked on the door, she was relieved Ava was inside.

"Secretary Ravenswood, is there something I can assist you with?" Ava asked, her eyes swollen from crying.

"I heard about what happened today. I'm here to offer you comfort," Vivienne said gently. "May I come in?"

Ava fully opened the door, clearly needing someone to be by her side. As Vivienne entered the room, her eyes caught sight of a handkerchief embroidered with a sun motif and a neatly wrapped sword. It became apparent to Vivienne why Ava had been spending more time with the northern Duke lately.

"Is Duke Frostbourne alright?" Vivienne asked, attempting to break the ice.

"He's fine. The doctor said his injuries weren't serious," Ava replied.

"That's good to hear. Are these gifts for His Highness?" Vivienne inquired.

"Yes..." Ava answered, her voice trembling, "But it seems like he despises me now."

'Wow, that's quite a leap. What on earth did he say?' Vivienne wondered.

"His Highness truly loves you," Vivienne reassured Ava.

"No, he doesn't. He never said he loved me, despite us being intimate. And today, he told me I'm only good for my body," Ava burst into tears.

"I'm so sorry, Lady Silverwood. That must have been incredibly hurtful to hear," Vivienne empathized while patting Ava's back to comfort her.

"I suppose he must have called off the engagement by now, right?" Ava inquired.

"Oh, no! He would never do such a thing," Vivienne assured. "I believe that at this moment, you and His Highness need to have a conversation."

"A conversation?" Ava looked at Vivienne, puzzled.

"Recently, His Highness has been jealous of your relationship with Duke Frostbourne. It seems that all you've been talking about is the Duke, and you've been spending more time with him, causing His Highness to feel neglected," Vivienne attempted to explain.

"I didn't mean to make him feel that way. I was merely trying to find a gift for His Highness as a token of appreciation for taking such good care of me here. Given Cedric's close connection with Apollo, I believed I could obtain the perfect present through him," Ava tried to clarify her intentions.

"I believe you should communicate these sentiments to His Highness," Vivienne suggested.

Suddenly, a resounding knock echoed through Ava's door. Startled, she hurriedly rose to open it and was greeted by the crown prince bearing a beautiful bouquet of roses.

"Ava... I'm sorry. Please don't leave me," the crown prince pleaded, his expression filled with genuine remorse.

"I'm sorry too," Ava responded, her voice filled with sincerity, as she moved in to embrace the crown prince.

Taking this as a cue, Vivienne discreetly exited the room, going to the workroom to meet up with Milo.

"Fortunately, we intervened; otherwise, this conflict could have dragged on indefinitely," Vivienne remarked, feeling a sense of pride for assisting in resolving the couple's issues.

"Absolutely. Now the engagement ceremony is secure. Additionally, I should address the matter with Duke Frostborne to avoid further misunderstandings," Milo stated.

"I'll assist you in handling him," Vivienne offered willingly.

"Oh, there's no need. I can handle this on my own," Milo insisted firmly.

"Very well, if you insist," Vivienne complied, recognizing Milo's strong determination.

"Goodnight, Milo," Vivienne bid farewell.

"Goodnight, Vivienne," Milo replied.

At Duke Frostborne's room...

"I must apologize for my preference, but I am not fond of late-night male visitors. However, if the visitor happened to be female, I would not mind," the Northern Duke expressed before turning around to greet his guest. "Nevertheless, I'll overlook it this time. What brings you here, Secretary Number One?"

"Did you confess your feelings to Lady Silverwood?" Milo inquired.

"I did confess, and it would be thoughtful of you to inquire about my well-being," the Duke replied.

"Did she reciprocate your feelings?" Milo persisted, disregarding the Duke's previous remarks.

"...No," the Duke replied softly.

"Are you still determined to pursue Lady Silverwood?" Milo pressed further.

"I fell in love with her at first sight, so naturally, I fully intend to pursue her," the Duke affirmed.

Milo stood resolutely before the Duke, his expression displaying a mixture of firmness and empathy. The room was charged with tension as the two men locked eyes.

"Duke Frostborne, I suggest you reconsider your pursuit of Lady Silverwood," Milo began, his voice carrying a genuine concern. "Though your admiration for her is undeniable, it is vital to recognize and respect Lady Silverwood's existing bond."

The Duke, initially resistant, raised a curious eyebrow, silently urging Milo to elaborate.

"Allow me to be frank," Milo continued, his tone measured yet resolute. "Lady Silverwood's heart already belongs to another—His Highness, the Crown Prince."

The Duke's gaze flickered, revealing that he was not entirely surprised by the revelation. "But I believe that given time, Ava could grow to love me," he protested, his voice hinting at vulnerability.

Milo held his composure, meeting the Duke's gaze with unwavering determination. "While it's true that you may feel a connection, love is a delicate matter that should never be forced," he stressed. "Respecting Lady Silverwood's feelings and her current commitment is of utmost importance. Continuing to pursue her could inflict significant pain upon her heart."

The Duke's shoulders sagged, and a flicker of resignation softened his expression. He comprehended the gravity of Milo's words and the repercussions of his actions. "I hadn't fully grasped the consequences of my pursuit," he admitted, his voice tinged with remorse.

Milo nodded, his voice gentle yet firm. "I understand that your intentions were sincere, Duke Frostborne. However, sometimes, the greatest act of love is letting go. By stepping back, you can demonstrate true respect for Lady Silverwood's happiness and well-being."

The Duke drew in a deep breath, his eyes reflecting a blend of gratitude and acceptance. "You're right, Milo," he acknowledged a tinge of humility in his voice. "I must place Ava's happiness above my desires. I must prioritize her well-being."

Milo's face brightened with a reassuring smile, relieved that his words had found a meaningful place within the Duke's heart. "Your readiness to prioritize the well-being of all parties involved speaks volumes about your character, Duke Frostborne," he praised sincerely.

Feeling empowered by this fresh perspective, the Duke reached out his hand in gratitude towards Milo. "I am truly grateful for your guidance and for reminding me of what truly matters," he expressed sincerely. Then, with a thoughtful pause, he added, "Your skills and dedication are impressive. Have you ever considered working under me? I assure you, I would value your talents and treat you far better than your current employer."

"Thank you for the compliment, but I currently have no intention of resigning from my position," Milo replied respectfully.

The Duke, his tone sly, inquired, "Is it because of Secretary Number Two?"

Milo paused for a moment, his expression thoughtful. "She is indeed a factor, but more importantly, I want to ensure that the Crown Prince is prepared to stand on his own before I consider leaving this role," he explained, emphasizing his dedication to the Crown Prince's growth and independence.

The Northern Duke let out a playful chuckle. "That might take quite some time," he jested.

Milo's expression turned thoughtful. "On the contrary, I believe he will start walking on his own sooner than expected. Lady Silverwood has profoundly influenced him, fostering greater reason and maturity," he shared.

The Northern Duke nodded appreciatively. "Indeed, he is a fortunate man."

Milo's eyes sparkled with genuine warmth. "Rest assured, Duke; you too will find your partner in due time. Just keep your heart and eyes open to the possibilities," he assured.

"Should I attempt to pursue Secretary Number Two?" the Duke jokingly asked.

"If you can't even pronounce Vivienne's name correctly, then it's best not even to consider it," Milo responded with a menacing tone, causing the Duke to tremble in fear.

"My apologies, it was a tasteless joke," the Duke extended a hand towards Milo, a gesture of respect. "I wish you continued success and fulfillment in your endeavors, Milo. If you ever reconsider, know that the opportunity remains open."

Milo shook the Duke's hand warmly, expressing gratitude. "Thank you, Duke. I will keep that in mind. Your generosity is greatly appreciated."

With that, the two men concluded their conversation, respecting the other's choices and embracing their chosen paths.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978 122 17
Blinding lights. The flash of cameras. Dozens of fans cheering endlessly. This is the life Morgan Slate knows of. That all holds true until she's be...
228K 6.8K 56
I could say this is one clichΓ© story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
1.5M 43.2K 120
Liliana died by crossing the road while playing an otome game. When she opened her eyes to her utter sorrow she was transmigrated as the pitiful side...
314 14 20
When Mally Mack died, they thought that was it. No more life, no more boring desk job and even more boring existence. Imagine their surprise when the...