What Universe is This Again?

By Allioune24

"I can feel it!" exclaimed Lophe, the pope of Obelia's current religion. "The new Empress and the Saint of Ob... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII

VII

4.5K 279 52
By Allioune24

Hm. When was the last time I saw this handsome face? I missed this treasury-walking Bank Account for years!

[AYHAN'S POV]

Dark elves typically outlive humans, but he outlived Alver Crossman as Cale Henituse. He was almost immortal at the time, but time is a cruel mistress. He lived for the same amount of time as Choi Han and Raon, but not longer.

"Let us go to my palace then." It would be beneficial for Athy to develop a relationship with this man as well. He is more useful than any other person they could use, and the territory he lived in was ideal for their escape.

He intends to buy a house there soon, but only after determining that he can plant crops there.

Raon and Choi Han followed them. All of the maids panicked as he calmly welcomed Alver into the palace. The documents from the Garnett Palace soon followed, and it was soon just the two of them, plus his sister.

"You sound like another cunning man."

"I am a cunning man," he replied as he sat on the chair across from Alver.

It is here, so it stands to reason that this is the last chance to do some bargaining.

Ayhan drank his tea calmly and looked at Alver Crossman. This role reversal will be advantageous to him.

It is time to exact my vengeance and make this guy work his ass for me!

What a heinous scheme he has devised.

"So, Your Highness, what do you want?"

"Wrong question; what do you expect from me, Young Lord?"

There was complete silence between them. Athy exclaimed briefly before settling down. She figured out what they were up to. They have a lord they can use to get out of here. They will elevate a lord to the position of a powerhouse, capable of protecting them even from the Emperor.

It is the ideal situation.

Ayhan plans to establish Henituse County for the second time, this time through the current Crossman County.

Although some families chose to become subservient to various factions, the neutral families maintained a balance of power. A family with vast land but limited wealth and resources, but leads the neutral house with the common people.

Alver Crossman, you truly are the Common's ruler. Let us make your household so powerful and wealthy that even high-ranking nobles will not dare poke around in it.

"I am sure that his highness wants something from me," Alver said, remaining silent.

"Of course, but given the circumstances, you might need my assistance."

He did not want to beat around the bush, but he should not have struck the conversion first.

"I heard rumors, and the information about Your Highness did not do you justice; you are intelligent and bright for your age, which even the Imperial Academy covets," Alver Crossman said.

"And I am well aware that you are not the County's heir."

"Can Your Highness make me the head of my household?" Alver asked, his lips pursed.

Athy gave him a look. It is a dangerous game, and Claude will not turn away from it. He was aware of this, but Claude gave him permission to negotiate in any way he saw fit. It's as if he's telling him to live however he wants. He took the hint. Claude is attempting to put him in a position where no one can deny him. Of course, as Emperor, he can make it on his own, but he can not protect them for as long as he wants or when he changes his mind.

"You are a free-spirited boy, Your Highness, and I believe that your free spirit makes your soul very pure."

He got shivers when he said that.

"I felt something after meeting you as well, Young Lord."

Ayhan reaches out his arm and shakes Alver Crossman's hand.

"I am hoping we get along."

They then began discussing business.

[ATHANASIA'S POV]

I need to wash my eyes. I saw two scumbags getting along with each other. It's worse than the Claude-Yhan tandem.

"No need to thank me."s

"I was not going to," she said, "and why did you have to pick a falling county?"

She asked. She would have negotiated with someone who already had the sources and everything.

"You know, it is difficult to form relationships with those in power," he responded, "and that man would be beneficial not only to us but also to the commons."

How can he be so certain?

"Solen Region is like a barren land. If we develop the land, we can stay there for as long as we want. Also, we can be protected since we're going to raise that man to a position where he can protect us." Yhan confidently said, "Also..."

He was deafeningly quiet after that.

"Nothing; it is better to have help from someone who is indebted to us."

She leaned against him and looked at the book he was reading. They are resting their heads on the pillow, and the nights are still cool.

Her brother is extremely busy, but he is not complaining.

"What are you getting out of working so hard?" she inquired.

"A peaceful and silent slacker existence."

She could not bring herself to laugh at that. He is still young, but he is planning on doing things on his own from now on. She was well aware that she was relying solely on his efforts.

She also can not deny that she is hesitant to leave the palace right now.

"He has changed so much in two years," she said.

"I know. But we can't be sure until he changes his mind."

She didn't refute his words.

She's older than him physically, but with their souls, he's a thousand-year-old grandpa already. He knew exactly what he wanted with his life. He already experienced countless harsh life that she didn't.

"Yhan."

"Hm."

"I hope we can be free from here."

Both of them.

Then she fell asleep.

.

.

"Our chocolates are missing," Yhan said the very same thing she thought of.

But who would have expected that the chocolate thief was a black dog?

"Chocolate is poisonous to dogs, Yhan said.

"Except if it's a divine beast, Prince, Raons replied.

Divine beast?

Athy looked at the two.

"It's the Princess's Divine beast."

Raon flicked the Divine Beast's forehead before giving him to Athy.

"Alright, you can play with him now."

Raon smiled at her. He looked as if he were relieved about something.

Of course, she went and played with Raven.

Only to meet a psychopath bastard!

Black Hair and red eyes. He appeared innocent when he was sleeping but frightening now that he was awake. He is holding her hand and looking at her divine beast.

"Heh... Interesting."

But he's totally gorgeous!

Her brother's straightforward manners rubbed off on her, which is why she has the courage to ask this gorgeous guy and respond to him.

If her brother prefers bulky-mascled handsome men like Choi Han and Raon—

I guess we really did have odd tastes.

She likes she-looks-gorgeous boys!

She and Yhan should definitely see a therapist. There is something wrong with their tastes!

The gorgeous guy continued to scrutinized her, and began speaking nonssence about being the daughter of Kyilum or something. He's acting like the previous emperors are just some kids from his neighborhood.

"What are you talking about? My papa's name is Claude!" She frowned.

The guy still looked at her with a frowned and talked about Raven being a holy beast. Of course, she answered that she's aware that made the magician look at her.

"Thinking back, you're soul seemed like tied into something. A twin perhaps?"

She stopped and looked at him. He can tell details that no normal man could tell.

"A powerful soul at that..." The man grinned, "Interesting. My name is Lucas! Please call me that the next time we meet! Good bye!"

And there he goes, as if he never tried to eat Raven.

She returned to Ruby Palace only to find her brother buried in paperwork. His business with Crossman County appeared to be going well.

"Where were you?" Yhan inquired.

"Meeting some guy," she said, smiling. It caused her brother to frown.

"You are seven years old."

She laughed.

"You are so protective," she said as she sat down.

So they ended up keeping the divine beast.

Which completed her day more than meeting the scumbag Claude.

[CLAUDE'S POV]

The Young Prince made a name for himself.

Claude examined the paper that Ayhan had given him at the conference. It was definitely written in doodles, but the content was that of a featured scholar.

He even negotiated with Crossman County to gain ownership of half of the Mana Stones buried there.

"Felix Robane," he says.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Place everything earned from the Solen Region in that child's treasury."

"Everything?"

"Everything."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

It is a combination of raw talent and brains. He stands out more than his sister, but he does so on purpose.

He's trying to protect his sister.

He would not participate in this nonsense if he did not know he is a lazy ass.

He had a bright smile on his face. He should reward him for doing a good job while also helping to build Obelia's reputation.

It's time for their usual tea time. Yhan looked so exhausted. Judging from his expression, he didn't want to come at all. Athy seemed normal with that adorable smile on her face.

How can they be twins with opposing personalities? A cunning younger brother and a lovely older sister.

That is probably why his son is attempting to protect her.

Well, taking a walk doesn't sound so bad. He walked passed them but he felt a light thug on his clothes. He looked down and sees his daughter holding the hem of his clothes.

"What is it?"

She looked at him. She was drooling over the gold just like her brother but she reached out to him.

"She's asking you to pick her up, Your Majesty!" Felix happily said with that bright smile!

"Pick her up."

"Pfft." He looked at his son who couldn't help but laughed at his sister's troubled expression.

Athanasia was saying something but he still picked her up.

"Hey!" Yhan's alarmed voice made him look at Athanasia. He's holding her by the ribbon on her waist.

Felix was fast enough to bring her in his arms.

Somehow, he's annoyed looking at how tight Athanasia was hugging Felix's neck.

"You should carry her in this manner, your—"

"I want Felix to carry me!" exclaimed one.

*crack crack crack*

Does she dislike it? How complicated.

"I will carry her; I thought there might be some complicated way to carry a child because you were so strict about it, but it looks simple enough."

He appeared to be quite frightening. He is aware that his daughter was terrified by his expression. He could not help but frown as he looked at his son.

"Come here."

Yhan walked over to him, obediently. He knelt down and drew his son up to his arm. S

The feeling of their little arms around his neck made him hum in contentment.

"Move, you are in the way," he said angrily to Felix.

They continued their walk to the garden, where they were supposed to have tea.

"Does Felix always carry you this way?" he inquired.

Athanasia responded with instances when Felix carries them.

Yhan's servants are always outside the Garnett palace since Felix is the only person authorized to enter it.

Their small talk was cut short when Felix asked if he could walk closer, but he refused.

Something poked him in the chest.

"What exactly are you up to?"

"Poking dad's tiddies," he said as he looked at his son. His head leans against him, poking at his chest. "It is the only good thing about Dad, these bulky muscles."

He groans, thinking about something he should not be thinking about. He was proud that at least his son thinks his body is good, but he frowned because he believes he is not the best in all aspects. In any case, a handsome face is an excellent weapon for any situation.

He just let his son poke and drool on his chest.

When he received a ticklish slap on the face.

He fixed his gaze on her daughter.

He bemoaned the fact that both his son and daughter have this attitude.

"What exactly do you think you are doing?"

"Pfft—" Yhan laughed incessantly as he buried his face in the nook of his neck, while Athy's pale face was so adorable.

"BUG! A bug! I was just smashing a bug!"

Yhan continued to laugh on his neck. It was the first time his son appeared to be at ease with him. He simply ignored it.

"Now you are calling me a bug?" He could not stop teasing his daughter, not realizing how frightening he looked right now.

"Just blow on it," Yhan laughed.

Athanasia became paler as she stared at her brother. They will definitely smack each other when they get back.

"Yes, if the princess blows on his majesty's cheeks, would not that make everything better?" Felix agreed.

Athanasia grudgingly blows on his cheeks, patting him gently.

This amusing stroll made him wish that woman was still alive.

Again.

He is remembering the woman he is supposed to have forgotten a year ago.

They had their tea at the their usuals pot for tea.

Honestly, Felix is getting on his nerve, so he continued to attack him with words.

"Haha. Felix, do your job next time." Yhan laughs as he assists him in teasing Felix.

However, because Athanasia was so quiet, Claude took his time looking at her.

A small cough echoed throughout the garden the moment he did.

His eyes widened as Athanasia slowly raised her head. Her blood dripped from her mouth to her chin and clothes, and her hands were stained with it.

Blood. His heart thumped so loudly from the pain that it felt like someone was stabbing and grinding his heart.

As Claude rose from his seat to catch his falling daughter, he heard something shatter inside him. Yhan almost screamed, summoning someone named Raon.

But he would already do his job, pouring his mana into her daughter to keep her mana under control.

"CALL THE MAGICIANS!" he demanded. The entire Garnet palace was turned upside down.

No, no, no. Get up. Wake up.

He kept chanting inside his head. Soon after, a black-haired butler appeared and immediately suppressed Athanasia's breaking mana.

"Damn it, Human! She is rejecting my mana!"

"Just keep it at bay!" Yhan exclaimed. He is down on his knees, clutching his sister's hand.

His heart stopped when he saw his eyes welling up with tears.

I was wrong. He thought. He did not want to see them like this. He did not want to... look at them like this.

You don't care about them. Just let them die; that way, you can forget about her.

The devils began to stalk him once more.

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 334 5
"If you can't protect her, then you should've not brought her here." The Duke stared at him for a good while. "You should not have brought her here i...
31.7K 1K 19
A few years have past after Athanasia inherited the crown. Athanasia is loved and cherished by the people in the continent and the late Emperor, Clau...
10.3K 589 5
Cale gets soul switched with ogCale. Everyone thinks at first that Cale lost his memories. But they soon find out the truth. SPOILER warning till the...
1M 30K 21
🔞Includes Mature Themes🔞 Such As- Sex Masturbation Sexual activities Profanity A/B/O Dynamics Smut Etc. If any of this makes you uncomfortable, re...