RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.3) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celti... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Volume 1-3 End Song

Chapter 8

288 13 1
By ZANE_555

The rest of Team RWBY+Y/N and Team JNPR head over to the locker rooms of the arena to go and congratulate Team CVFY for their victory. They walk past a number of teams from different academies, all prepping and readying their equipment for the next round of the tournament. Something that Beacon teams can do more privately as a perk of hosting the tournament this year. 

(Locker Rooms)

Inside, Team CVFY are cooling down after the match they just had until they all turn to the opening door to reveal their underclassmen.

Velvet: "Oh. Hey guys."

Yatsu: "What brings you all here?"

Ruby: "We came to congratulate on your win."

Velvet: "Hehe. Thanks."

Coco: "Well, happy to see you all here, but... where's Pyrrha and Y/N?"

Yang: "They're with Ozpin at his office."

Weiss: "He wanted to discuss with something important."

Coco: "I see."

Fox: "Damn it."

All eyes fall on Fox, who is sitting and examining his weapons, Sharp Retribution, a pair of blades attach to his arms.

Blake: "What's wrong?"

Fox then shows his weapons to his teammates and friends.

Fox: "My weapons broke. That last knockout I did must've severely damage them."

Seeing the damages in Fox's weapons, Ruby steps in and approach the slightly frustrated Fox. 

Ruby: "Can I take a look?"

He gave a moment of pause before taking his weapons off and hand them to her.

Fox: "Sure."

Examining every nook and cranny of Fox's weapons, Ruby gives a frown before turning to Fox.

Fox: "Well...?"

Ruby: "It's likely that repairs will take a least 2 days since there's a few custom parts that you'll need to scrounge up."

Her response makes Fox scowl as he adds on.

Fox: "Crap. I only have an older spare set and it's missing some key upgrades a year prior."

Velvet: "Which means our plan for Coco and Fox to go to the doubles round together is shot in the foot."

Most of Team CVFY becomes upset by this along with the rest of Team RWBY+Y/N and Team JNPR. This is when Coco chimes in with a reassuring smile.

Coco: "Hey, don't worry. I can just go with Yatsu and we'll be fine."

Her comment manages to ease Fox's mind. Coco then makes a smug expression before saying.

Coco: "Besides, if every fight is as easy as the last, then we'll be cleaning up the whole tournament."

Her pompous remark makes some of the more vocal members of their friend group to chime in.

Nora: "You sure about that?"

Yang: "Don't think we'll go easy on you."

Suddenly, Cardin comes bursting into the locker room they're in.

Cardin: "Sorry for leaving my mace in he-"

The words in his mouth die out once he sees Team CVFY, and the rest of Team RWBY+Y/N and JNPR, who all look at him with some level of surprise. 

Jaune: "Cardin...?" 

The bully pauses for a moment before quietly shuffle over to a nearby locker where he left his mace and taking it out. As he's on his way out, Cardin turns to Velvet.

Cardin: "V-Velvet...?"

Feeling a bit uncomfortable, Velvet slowly replies back.

Velvet: "Y-Yes...?"

Cardin: "Uhm... c... congra... congratul..."

Before he can complete his words, Cardin bolt out of the door quickly as Velvet and the rest simply stare after him. Everyone inside the locker room were completely baffled over what just happen.

Blake: "Uh... Velvet, what was that about?"

Coco: "Yeah, it almost seems like he was going to congratulate you."

Velvet looks over to her friends.

Velvet: "Things have been weird between me and Cardin ever since the Breach."

Ruby: "Weird?"

Yang: "Is it bad?"

Velvet: "Oh no. It's a bad weird, just... weird."

Weiss: "Come to think of it, Cardin did sort of compliment Y/N for doing okay."

Blake: "He also mention about 'since the Breach' to him as well."

Velvet: "So it isn't just me then."

Jaune: "Seems like it."

Yang: "You know, Cardin has been on pretty good behavior recently."

Nora: "Aside from threatening a guy over the news article earlier."

This makes both Coco and Velvet share a concerned look but, otherwise, say nothing about it.

When the group leave the locker room, they walk pass a couple of two Atlas students, readying their equipment for the next round. 

The two Atlas students, Neon and Flynt, spot Weiss walking with the group, glaring at her with infuriated expressions. Neon looks to Flynt's angry look before standing up and is about to storm over to Weiss only for Flynt to hold her back.

Neon: "Flynt?"

Holding her shoulder to stop in her track, Flynt slowly shake his head to her.

Flynt: "It's not worth it, Neon."

He goes back to glare daggers at Weiss before turning back to finish his own prep work. As Weiss and her friend group begins to leave, Weiss feel eyes on the back of her head, turning to look over both Flynt and Neon. Once she does, Weiss is only met with the angry stare of Neon. Weiss bristles a little and moves to confront Neon only for Ruby to quickly approach Weiss from behind.

Ruby: "Come on, Weiss or you're going to be left behind!"

Weiss: "Wha-"

Before she can say anything, Ruby goes to swiftly drag through the door to leave with the rest of her friends, unwittingly preventing a confrontation from occurring. 

(Ozpin's Office)

Both Pyrrha and Y/N are now sitting in front of Ozpin's desk as Ozpin turn his attention to Pyrrha. 

Ozpin: Well, it comes as no surprise that you and your teammates have moved to the next round of the tournament. Your fighting performance was exemplary."

This makes Pyrrha smile upon hearing this.

Pyrrha: "Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but I would never have made it this far without my teammates."

Leaning against a column in the back of the room, Qrow crosses his arms.

Qrow: "Personally, I think it's the other way around."

This make Pyrrha turn around behind her, while Y/N glances at him, already knowing that he was there.

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry, but I don't believe we've been introduced."

Qrow: "Name's Qrow. I'm Y/N's mentor."

Pyrrha: "Oh! N-Nice to meet you then."

Qrow: "Likewise." 

The huntsman then turns his attention to Y/N.

Qrow: "Another 'friend' of yours, Y/N?"

Y/N smiles, rolling his eyes.

Y/N: "You could say that." 

Ozpin: "Qrow here is a trusted colleague of mine."

Pyrrha looks at Qrow for another moment before turning back to Ozpin.

Pyrrha: "Headmaster, if you don't mind me asking, why have you called me and Y/N here?"

In response, Ozpin leans back causally at his chair. 

Ozpin: "Miss Nikos... What is your favorite fairy tale?"

This makes Pyrrha a little confused by this question. 

Pyrrha: "I'm... sorry?"

Ozpin: "Fairy tales, stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them."

Pyrrha: "Well, there's The Tale of the Two Brothers, and..."

Y/N: "The Girl in the Tower."

Pyrrha: "Yes, that one too."

Y/N: "Well, you mention it before, during Oobleck's project we did. In fact, I think I read that one... Qrow?"

Qrow turn his head to look at him as he nodded.

Qrow: "Read that one to you when you were a kid. You weren't really interested though..."

The headmaster slowly leans forward to his desk. 

Ozpin: "What about The Story of the Four Seasons?"

Pyrrha: "The ones about four maidens? I do. It's one of my favorites. My mother loves that story."

Ozpin: "Would you believe me if I told you that one's been around since I was a boy?"

Giggling a little, Pyrrha replies back.

Pyrrha: "You're not that old, sir."

Ozpin's casual expression quickly turns dead serious.

Ozpin: "Well, would you believe me if I told you... it was true?"

Silent for a moment, Pyrrha gives an uneasy chuckle as Y/N remain silent.

Pyrrha: "I beg your pardon?"

Ozpin: What if I were to tell you that there were four maidens existing in this world, that could wield such tremendous power, without Dust?

Pyrrha tries to make sense of this development before her as Y/N glances back at her.

Pyrrha: "You mean... like a Semblance?"

The headmaster gives a small smile.

Ozpin: "Like magic."

Pyrrha: "I..."

Qrow: "Yeah. First time hearing it's pretty crazy. Hell, Y/N had the same reaction you're having right now."

Pyrrha then turns her head to Y/N, who hasn't moved an inch. 

Pyrrha: "Y/N?"

Y/N slowly turn to Pyrrha.

Y/N: "Trust me. It does sound crazy but they're telling the truth."

She then keeps turning her gaze to Y/N to Qrow to Ozpin again.

Pyrrha: "You're serious?"

Ozpin: "Do we look like we're joking?"

Pyrrha: "N-No. But... Why... why are you telling me this?"

Ozpin: "We are telling you this, Pyrrha Nikos, because we believe that you are next in line to receive the Fall Maiden's powers."

Her eyes grew wider once she realizes.

Pyrrha: "Wait... we?"

Y/N: "Yep. It's not just us."

At that moment, the elevator doors open, and Pyrrha and Y/N sees Miss Goodwitch and General Ironwood step out. Glynda fixes her glasses as Ironwood straighten his tie.

Ironwood: "Sorry we're late."

Overwhelmed by the sudden presence of Glynda and Ironwood, Pyrrha turns back to Y/N.

Pyrrha: "Wait, what is this?"

Y/N: "Fellow allies."

Pyrrha then turns to Ozpin, narrowing her eyes a little.

Pyrrha: "Who are you?"

Glynda approach forward with Ironwood and Qrow behind her, trying to sound reassuring.

Glynda: "You know who we are. We're still the same teachers and Headmasters you met when you arrived at Beacon."

Qrow: "Except we've got a little part-time job. Isn't that right, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Yeah, pretty much."

Pyrrha: "Wait, you know General Ironwood, Y/N?"

Y/N: "For the most part, yep."

Ironwood steps forward, chiming in.

Ironwood: "We are the protectors of this world."

Ozpin: "And we need your help."

Pyrrha is shocked into silence as everyone in the room looks to her. Seeing that Pyrrha is being overwhelmed with this whole conversation, Y/N place a hand on her shoulder, making her turn her attention to him.

Y/N: "I know, it's a lot to digest. Maidens, magic. But trust me, they're telling the truth... all of it."

Pyrrha: "And you just believe all of it?"

Y/N: "To be honest, I'm sort of doubtful about this, but..."

He glances back at Qrow.

Y/N: "I trust Qrow's words. And if he's saying that what they're saying is true, then I'll believe them."

Pyrrha look down at the floor for a moment before meeting Y/N's gaze.

Pyrrha: "Y/N... how are you involved in this...?"

Her question makes Y/N pauses for a bit only for him to respond back, putting up a confident look.

Y/N: "I'm... I'm Ozpin's secret agent. Thanks to my skills and power, according to them."

Pyrrha's eyes widen upon hearing this. 

Y/N: "Yeah, it's a lot to explain, I know."

Ozpin then stand up from his seat, addressing to everyone in his office.

Ozpin: "Well then. It's time to go."

(Inside the Elevator)

Pyrrha, looking nervous, is in the elevator with Y/N and the adults. Behind them and next to Y/N, Pyrrha and Y/N talk about Y/N being Ozpin's secret agent as Y/N explain it to her. Pyrrha then looks at Ozpin and Glynda while a steady beeping signals each floor passed.

Pyrrha: "Uhm, where are we going?"

Ozpin: "The vault. Under the school."

Slowly, Pyrrha turns her attention to Y/N.

Pyrrha: "I never knew you had a role like that... wait, then those part-time jobs you mentioned-"

Y/N: "Oh no. Those were real. It just... you know..."

He quickly gestures to Glynda in front of him, making Qrow quietly chuckles, while Glynda is unaware of this. 

Pyrrha: "I see."

Y/N: "Due to being a secret agent, I have to keep it a 'secret' from you and the others. So... sorry."

Realizing that he just made a pun, Pyrrha quietly giggle at it, making Y/N pleased as he wanted to keep her mind at ease, even if it's a little bit.

Pyrrha: "Don't worry, I understand."

The elevator continues downward through the vertical tunnel of dark green lights until it opens its doors, and their passengers step out, with Pyrrha being the last to leave as she absorbs the sight of the large, sparsely lit hallway she is now being lead through. Glynda and Y/N waits up for her behind the others.

Glynda: "I'm sure you must have questions."

Pyrrha: "Maybe one, or two... "

Y/N: "Heh. I know I did."

They soon continue walking as Pyrrha ask them.

Pyrrha: "I still don't understand. You said I was next in line to receive the Maiden's power. What do you mean by that?"

Glynda: "The Maidens have existed for thousands of years. But much like in nature, the seasons change. No two summers are alike."

Y/N: "Apparently, the Maidens were guardians of great magical power that protected the virtues of choice, knowledge, creation and destruction."

Glynda: "When a Maiden dies, her power leaves her body and seeks out a new host, ensuring that the seasons are never lost, and that no individual can hold on to that power forever."

Pyrrha: "So... how does the power choose?"

Slowly, Qrow looks over his shoulder to look at Pyrrha.

Qrow: "Through a series of stupid and convoluted rules."

The blonde woman glares at Qrow.

Glynda: "Qrow."

Qrow: "Hey, don't get mad because I'm right."

Glynda then turns back to Pyrrha and Y/N, explaining it all carefully. 

Glynda: "At first, the only thing that was certain was that the powers were specifically passed on to young women. But as time went on, it was discovered that the selection process was much more... intimate."

Pyrrha: "Intimate?"

Goodwitch: "As we understand it now, when a Maiden dies, the one who is in her final thoughts is the first candidate to inherit her power."

Qrow: "Unless it's a dude or some old hag."

Y/N: "Then the power goes to some random girl, regardless of who they are." 

Qrow: "And our job gets a lot harder."

Pyrrha: "Why tell me all of this now? Why not wait until I've graduated?"

Qrow: "Honestly, we've run out of time. I don't know if you've noticed, but things are getting a lot scarier out in the world. Tensions are high. Grimm are growing stronger, more prevalent. That large Chimera Y/N fought and what I've seen is proof of that."

Y/N: "If I hadn't gone all-out, I would've died from that Grimm."

Qrow: "And it's not going to be much longer before the peace we've been enjoying so much goes out the window."

Pyrrha: "You're not... talking about a war?"

Ironwood: "Not a war between nations."

Y/N: "More like a... shadow war."

Pyrrha: "A shadow war?"

Qrow: "We can fill you in on the details once we know that you're with us. For now, all you need to know is that one of the Maidens has been attacked. And for the first time in history, part of her power was stolen." 

A humming of electricity is heard as the group comes to their destination at the end of the hallway: A large machine with lit screens hooked up to two rectangular pods, one of which is upright to show through the glass window a young girl dressed in minimal clothing with a burn scar over her left eye and across her face.

Hesitantly, Pyrrha step forward at the large machine, completely shocked.

Pyrrha: "Is that..."

Ozpin let out a long sigh before responding. 

Ozpin: "The current Fall Maiden."

Y/N: "Her name is Amber."

Pyrrha: "She's... still alive."

Y/N: "Barely, by the looks of it."

Ironwood: "We're using state of the art Atlas technology to keep her stable. But there is a lot about this situation that is... unprecedented."

Pyrrha: "What do you mean?"

Ironwood: "Well, for one thing, this machine is merely a prototype and I'm a hesitant to test it on a live subject."

As he said this, Ironwood look back at Pyrrha.

Ironwood: "Besides, we don't know what will happen if- when she passes."

Pyrrha: "Won't... her power... just transfer to the next host?"

Qrow: "Look who's been listening!"

The huntsman then whispers to Y/N beside him, running his hair through Y/N's hair.

Qrow: "She is smart."

A bit annoyed, Y/N shove his hand away from his hair.

Y/N: "I already know, Qrow."

Ironwood: "Under normal circumstances, yes. But this is a delicate situation. It's not uncommon for the last thoughts of the slain to be of their attacker. And to make matters worse, no one's ever seen the power split like this before. For all we know, it will seek out its other half."

Pyrrha: "To her assailant.

Ozpin: "And that would not bode well for any of us."

Pyrrha lowers her head in thought, then suddenly comes forward and places a hand on the glass of Amber's pod.

Pyrrha: "If all of this is true, why keep it secret!? If this girl is so important... if we're truly on the brink of war, why not tell everyone?"

Y/N: "It's... It's not that simple, Pyrrha."

Glynda chimes in.

Glynda: " From what we understand, it used to be common knowledge."

Pyrrha: "Excuse me?"

Qrow takes out his flask as he elaborates further.

Qrow: "How do you think legends and fairy tales get started? Even the craziest ones come from somewhere."

The huntsman gets the lid off and takes a swig from it as Y/N glances at him.

Glynda: "This inner circle was founded in order to protect both mankind and the Maidens. Those hungry for power hunted them with the hope of inheriting their strength."

After finishing his drink, Qrow adds on.

Qrow: "And as you can imagine, the ones that succeeded weren't exactly the kind of people you'd want to have unimaginable power."

Ironwood: "And so this group chose to remove the Maidens from the public eye, allowing their existence to fade away into legend."

Y/N: "This is despite how beneficial these Maiden powers can be to the world. That's just how dangerous the enemies are."

Glynda: "The things we're telling you go against hundreds of years of human history, religion."

Ironwood: "No one would want to believe us. It would cause an uproar."

Ozpin: "It would cause panic. And we all know what that would bring to clawing to our Kingdom's walls.

Y/N & Pyrrha: "The Grimm." 

Ozpin: "Hm. Which is why we would like to have you as the next Fall Maiden, Miss Nikos."

Pyrrha: "Me?"

Ozpin: "Precisely. You are the prime candidate for this due to your skill and temperament. So, that's why we-"

Pyrrha: "I'll do it."

Her response makes the rest, and even Ozpin look at her with surprise. She looks down at the ground for a moment before looking at them all with a resolute look. 

Pyrrha: "If you believe that this will help humanity... then I will become your Fall Maiden."

They silently turn to each other with wary faces as Y/N look back to Pyrrha.

Y/N: "Pyrrha... are you sure about this?" 

Pyrrha: "That's what you wanted, isn't it?"

Ozpin: "It is, but I'm afraid it's not that simple as Mr. L/N mention. Given Amber's condition, you won't be able to inherit her power naturally. However, General Ironwood believes he has a solution.

Ironwood: "For the past few years, Atlas has been studying aura from a more scientific standpoint; how it works, what's it made of, how it can be used. We've made... significant strides... and we believe we've found a way to capture it."

Qrow: "Capture it and cram it into something else."

 He gestures to Pyrrha as she takes a second to realize what that means.

Qrow: "Or in your case..."

Pyrrha quickly turn to the general.

Pyrrha: "That's..."

Ironwood: "Classified."

Pyrrha: "Wrong!"

Goodwitch: "The feeling is mutual. But desperate times call for desperate measures."

Y/N: "And sadly, these are desperate times we're in."

Ironwood: "We can't transfer Amber's power to you, but we can give you what those powers are bound to."

Pyrrha: "Her aura..."

Ozpin: "Her life... would become intertwined with yours. The question is..."

Qrow: "What's that going to do to you?"

Pyrrha slowly begins to fully understands the dangers she might face as Ozpin continues.

Ozpin: "You have an important decision before you, Miss Nikos. There's no guarantee this transfer will work. And there's no telling if you will be the same person if it does. I advise you to take time on this matter. But understand that before the Vytal Festival is over, we will need your answer."

Pyrrha doesn't respond, instead placing her hand on the glass separating the unconscious maiden from her potential replacement, seeing her scared expression reflected on the scarred face of Amber, before turning away from this expected destiny as Ozpin gives one final warning.

Ozpin: "The assailant that attacked the Fall Maiden has made their first move. And there's no telling when their next move will be."

Seeing the scared expression in Pyrrha's face, Y/N turns to Ozpin.

Y/N: "Ozpin. May we leave now?"

Ozpin ponder for a bit before replying back.

Ozpin: "You may."

Y/N then approach Pyrrha, grabbing her wrist and taking her along with him, passing the adults and heading to the elevator not before Ozpin address them.

Ozpin: "Remember you two. Please keep all of this information to yourselves. For our sakes and your own."

Looking back at them, Y/N nod in agreement before turning to Pyrrha, who remain quiet.

Y/N: "Come on, Pyrrha." 

Snapping back to awareness, Pyrrha shake her head a bit as she looks to Y/N.

Pyrrha: "Huh? Oh, y-yeah."

Soon enough, Y/N and Pyrrha are now inside of the elevator as Y/N press the button to the floor they need to leave from. They stand and wait quietly, silence filling up around them before Y/N turn his head to Pyrrha, who is lost in thought once more. 

Y/N: "Well, look like we're in this together, huh."

Pyrrha: "Y-Yeah... sure..."

Noticing the mixture of worry and shock in her face, Y/N ponder what should he do right now to ease Pyrrha's mind.

Y/N: ("I can't exactly make a joke at the moment. So, what can I do...?")

After a few moments of thinking, Y/N then thought of something but, he's quite hesitant to do it, considering the situation they're in.

Y/N: ("Is it the right time to do this...?")

He takes a deep breath before looking back at Pyrrha, who remain still and silent. Y/N then extend a hand and place it on top of Pyrrha's, proceeding to headpat her. This cause Pyrrha to snap back to alertness as she quickly turns to him in surprise.

Pyrrha: "What are you...?"

Y/N immediately recoil his hand back.

Y/N: "Sorry. I was just... trying to ease you mind... that's all."

Wordlessly, she respond by swiftly pushing Y/N against the back wall of the elevator, hugging him tightly, catching Y/N off guard. 

Y/N: "P-Pyrrha?"

After a moment of silence, Pyrrha quietly replies back.

Pyrrha: "Please... let me stay like this for a while... I'm... scared..." 

Y/N let her hug him as he proceeds to headpat her once more. They stay like this for what felt like hours as the elevator continue its descend. 

Y/N: "So... you don't mind me doing... this...?"

Pyrrha softly responds.

Pyrrha: "I see you do that with your team before."

Y/N: "Oh... you saw that."

Pyrrha: "It was pretty obvious... I mean, the way they interact with you... I... I kinda want that too..."

Y/N: "Pyrrha-"

Before he can continue speaking, the elevator makes a ding sound as its doors open, catching their attention. Pyrrha then turns to Y/N as she blushes a little.

Pyrrha: "Thank you... for easing my mind a little."

Y/N: "No prob-"

Once again, Y/N is interrupted but, this time by a quick kiss on the cheek by Pyrrha as she swiftly dashes out of the elevator and inside of Beacon. Y/N was slightly stunned by this before becoming alert. 

Y/N: "Wait, Pyrrha!"

His shout gets no response as Pyrrha is now out of sight with the slightly blushing Pyrrha jogging away, wishing that elevator ride with Y/N lasted much longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 274 14
This is a fan fiction that takes place after the main RWBY story, in a hypothetical future. Years after defeating Salem and saving Remnant. Blake and...
21.9K 272 39
[UNDER HEAVY REVISION] Hey, Atlas here. I'm currently rewriting this story. As such, the original description no longer applies, so I put it down at...
8.8K 270 47
Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing R...
240K 4.8K 91
It's Ruby Rose's birthday, so a strange, powerful fan of the girls decided to give Ruby a gift in the form of allowing Ruby herself, her team, her un...