Samurai ↔ Nishimura Riki

Por lavendyl

In ancient supernatural Japan, women are expected to take care of the house, be beautiful, marry, and obey th... Más

intro
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
halloween special
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four

four

466 28 10
Por lavendyl

Hyewon was feeling extra murderous the next morning.

At the crack of dawn, she paced back in the fort, contemplating ways to kill the insolent prince. Alas, it was against the principles to betray your own charge.

If she saw Nishimura right now, she would probably attack him with no hesitation. If only Yeonjun was here, he would know how to calm her down.

Hyewon growled. Oh, how much she hated arrogant men.

As she stewed over her rage, a small, light knock was heard on the door. She forced herself to take a deep breath, "Come in."

The door opened. A petite, pale girl dressed in an apron appeared and bowed, "Good morning, Miss. My name is Ayeong and I am your handmaiden."

Hyewon studied her. She had small, fox-like eyes and a small slim nose with a face the shape of an oval. Silky, brown locks cascaded from her head. Her skin was flawless and seemed to be dusted with white powder, her lips a perfect shade of blood red. Hyewon resisted the urge to unsheath her knife. This girl was a perfect example of a proper daughter her mother should've had.

She snapped back to reality, blinking, "Wait? Handmaiden? I have a handmaiden?"

Ayeong nods, "If you prefer, I am your assistant, although I mainly work in the kitchens. The head mistress assigned me to you. My duty is to help pick out clothes for you, lead you around, and as of right now, help you bathe-"

Hyewon stepped back in surprise. "Bathe? I can do that myself. There's no reason to help me bathe."

The handmaiden smiles, "I understand your reluctance, but I assure you, it's nothing. It's a traditional custom here and we're both female-"

She shook her head furiously, "Woah, there. Isn't that an invasion of privacy?" she yelps. "Royals are strange."

Ayeong laughed. It was a melodious laugh, unlike her high pitched chortling that sounded like a pig, "Trust me, after years of serving them, many come to that conclusion, Miss. But be careful not to say that within earshot of nobility."

The corners of her mouth twitched. "They can try me," Hyewon said bravely, before extending a hand to Ayeong, "I'm Hyewon. And drop the formalities, please. We're about the same age."

She hesitated before relenting, "I suppose I can." Ayeong agreed. "You should clean up before breakfast with Prince Riki. Or I can help you," she gives Hyewon a sly smile.

The ravenette groaned. Just hearing his name made her want to bang her head against the table. "Please don't mention him. He's insufferable and the most spoiled, conceited, arrogant, haughty-"

Hyewon would've continued but she stopped at her new friend's puzzled expression. "Really?" Ayeong asked, tilting his head. "I've seen him around often and he's mainly reserved and doesn't speak at all."

"That's because he didn't show you his true monstrous personality." Hyewon exaggerated. "Believe me, he's a pain in the arse."

"Maybe you didn't see him in the right light."

Hyewon snorted. God, another optimistic Yeonjun looking at the best of things. "I highly doubt that there's inner good in him waiting to burst out." she says sarcastically.

"Have a little faith in humanity, Mi- Hyewon."

"Already lost it a long time ago." she mumbled. She sighs, "I swear, if I see him today, I'm going to lose it."

Wait. An idea forms in her mind. Maybe she didn't need to see him today. "Ayeong, while I get cleaned up, can you send a message to Choi Yeonjun? He should be in Dormitory 11. Tell him that he is going to the banquet hall."

The brunette paused. "Strange request. Why?" she asks skeptically.

Hyewon grinned. "Because you're going to lead me into the kitchens."

"Wait- Are you abandoning Prince Riki on your first day?" Ayeong gasps.

A sly look appeared on Hyewon's face, "Technically, I am following orders. I'm not leaving him without protection or something. Yeonjun's a great fighter," she assures her.

"Prince Riki will be furious- It's not going to leave a good impression, Hyewon-san."

She shrugs. "Well if I wasn't supposed to, General Kang and the emperor should've been more specific. All they said was to leave someone on guard when I leave post," she concludes.

Ayeong sighs. "Very well, but if you are to get in trouble, it is not my fault." she shoos Hyewon. "Now take a bath before I change my mind."

"Fine."

-

Prince Riki woke up, feeling very annoyed and displeased.

He raked his hair back and scowled when a certain female guard popped into his mind.

Tch. That girl thinks she's better than me? Hah!

She had some spunk, that he could admit. But she was insufferable, outspoken, and was utterly disrespectful.

He rolls his eyes. And to think he had to deal with her until the dispute between the West was over. Over his dead body.

And the knife! How did she manage to retrieve the knife so quickly without raising a hand? Only very few could wield those kinds of weapons and even less if they were not gifted with a talent. She certainly looked nothing special, but it could be that there was something hidden about her. Riki found it intriguing. He was going to find the bottom of it no matter what.

Perhaps she really is a trained spy for the West!

He relished the idea of her allegiance to the enemy being found out and all the punishments she could receive. Burning? Hanging? Boiling in hot water? Beheading? Ah, the possibilities were endless.

If only his dreams could become reality. He should probably stop fantasizing about her death and get ready for breakfast.

-

After getting dressed, he was escorted by a butler to the banquet hall.

When the prince entered, he scanned his surroundings for his 'guard', only to be surprised when it came clear that she was not there.

Instead, there seemed to be someone as her replacement. A tall man, not as tall as him of course, stood in the corner, his sword strapped by his waist. He reminded him of a fox, his eyes bright and mischievous.

He bows. "Good morning, my name is Choi Yeonjun-"

Riki cuts him off with a hard stare. "Where is Cho Hyewon?"

Yeonjun blinks before smiling apologetically. "She sent me as her substitute for today. I don't know where she is, she did not specify."

So she abandoned her position. On the first day, of all things. He forced himself to be calm, his knuckles turning white as he clenched his fists. He turns to the butler, "Find the location of Cho Hyewon." Riki orders coldly.

The butler bows. "Of course."

She thought she would get away with leaving post, huh? Unbelievably shameless.

He sits down and picks at his food. Seems like his parents weren't going to attend the morning meal again. Even though they had eaten together just last night, it was also in the presence of the general and Hyewon.

Riki knew they were busy, especially since the kingdom was on the brink of war. Meetings were to be attended, papers were to be read, compromises were to be negotiated. But a small part of him in the bottom of his heart still wished they would take the time to, at least, eat as a family.

His heart steeled. He scoffs at his own softness. He couldn't afford to look so weak.

As he was lost in his thoughts, the butler had come back. "Cho Hyewon is in the kitchen, sir."

Looking up, he furrowed his eyebrows. "The kitchen?" He stands up. Riki points at Yeonjun. "You. Let's go to the kitchen."

A maid scuttled over. "But Your Majesty, you haven't finished-"

He interrupts. "I wasn't hungry anyway."

Hm. Why would she be in the kitchen?

A/N: Excuse the boring chapter, my brain fizzled out halfway through writing it and I just wanted to get to the good parts :,)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

305K 12.4K 66
❝𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦...❞ A story about a girl who has a crush on the school's heartthrob ever since...
289K 14.9K 37
"You are a vampire, and so are your friends." Jake's life was perfectly normal and happy, until him and his two friends Jungwon and Sunoo are forced...
2.6K 177 40
An Enhypen mafia story Mae had been alone with her mother for as long as she could remember. Her father had never been in the picture. Whenever Mae t...
94.2K 2.4K 38
❝ I never knew love could taste this good until I tasted yours. ❞ Park Y/n was having the time of her life at her friend's party, but when Lee Heeseu...