š“š‡š„ š–š€š˜ šˆ š‹šŽš•š„šƒ ļæ½...

By myloudwy

š—§š—›š—˜ š—Ŗš—”š—¬ š—œ š—Ÿš—¢š—©š—˜š—— š—¬š—¢š—Ø | outer banks āI live in a Taylor Swift's world.āž šˆš§ š°š”š¢šœš”, the onl... More

š™š™ƒš™€ š™’š˜¼š™” š™„ š™‡š™Šš™‘š™€š˜æ š™”š™Šš™
š€š‚š“ šˆ, i miss you, i'm sorry
šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸ¬, eden blair winslow
šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸ­, dream summer
šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸ®, pretty girls don't cry
šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸÆ, love made me crazy
šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸ°, the beginning of everything
šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸ±, life is hell
šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸ², old friends, new start
šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸ³, just a lost girl
šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸµ, not dead just confused
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸ¬, she couldn't let him go
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸ­, nothing is perfect for eternity
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸ®, when we were young
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸÆ, lost in the labyrith of my mind
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸ°, lonely in her white dress
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸ±, the mask of secrets
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸ², confessions under water
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸ³, the real behind the fake
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸ“, opening up to the stars
šŸ¬šŸ­šŸµ, girlhood
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸ¬, when everything go down
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸ­, the beauty of danger
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸ®, the truth right in her face
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸÆ, it only keeps going worse
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸ°, the runaway
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸ±, the ghost of a cop
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸ², can you believe me for once?
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸ³, i'll be a fugitive for you
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸ“, deny just prove your love
šŸ¬šŸ®šŸµ, whenever you go, I'll go

šŸ¬šŸ¬šŸ“, the in-between

2.7K 111 120
By myloudwy

THE WAY I LOVED YOU / 008
OUTER BANKS
₊˚ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˚₊ — the in-between

THE NEXT MORNING, EDEN KNEW WITH CERTAINTY that it was the right choice she was making. The choice to join once and for all the Pogues to help them in this treasure hunt. After discovering some pretty weird and intriguing stuff with John B in her dad's office, she knew she had to do it. Eden had convinced herself last night, while she was looking at pictures of Thomas and herself, that it wasn't just a coincidence what was happening. There had to be a reason, it had to.

And after all, what could go bad with that? It's just a group of five young teenagers who have nothing to do with their summer so they embark on a treasure hunt. Nothing was going to go wrong. Nothing could go wrong.

          "Hey, guys!" Eden saluted, pushing the door of the porch with her foot, snacks full of her arms. "I have a few things for us during our little work, y'know." When her face finally lifted to the four people watching her with curiosity, anger, seriousness, and a smirk, she curved her lips in a straight line. "Or. . . We can eat no snacks at all."

          JJ's eyes wandered between his friends and Eden. Although he's loyal to his homies, the food was screaming inside him. The blond jumped to his feet, earning a furious look from Kiara. "What did you bring?"

          Eden moved her gaze away from John B and started looking for the food she had specifically brought for JJ. "Uh, for you, I took Skittles. Sour, of course." JJ pointed his fist in the air, pleased. Eden sneered before taking some M&M's for Pope, threw him. "For you."

           Pope gave a smile. "Thank you, Ed'."

          She nodded, then took a step toward Kiara, exiting the Sour Patch Kids. "I didn't know what you liked, but everyone likes these candies so. . ."

          Carrera stared at her for a moment before finally taking them. Eden understood Kiara's attitude. If she too had to accept that an old friend returns to the group after almost a year without news, she would not be happy and even less kind to this person. She would even be the first person to protect her best friends, not wanting them to be sad again because of the same person. Eden blamed herself for leaving, for having left everything behind, but there was no going back in the future. So she was going to have to endure Kiara's depleting sentences and act like it didn't bother her.

          It was like that with every girl. To be accepted, you have to prove yourself.

          "And for you," She stopped in front of John B as she looked at the two bags of candy in front of her. One was their favorite, the one they shared together during their evening together. The other was a simple bundle of multicolored liquorice. Eden sighed before throwing him the simple thing. "Hope you like it." She said in an irritated tone, turning on her heels to walk away and take a chair by the door.

John B watched her until she was posed, his lips pressed together but his eyes said so much more. They showed annoyance but also amusement. But Eden paid him no attention, otherwise she knew very well that she was going to start a whole war with him. And she wasn't in the mood for a war today.

Her head was already boiling with a thousand pieces of information that she had found last night, alone in her room. Her brain shuffled between hope and reality, she thought she was going crazy believing everything that was going through her head. Only the chilling thought of Thomas Perez rising from the dead sends shivers down her spine.

"So what? She's getting into this now? Like, for real?" Kiara overflowed with questions, looking to her friends for answers.

Eden raised her eyebrows, ready to answer but someone spoke first. "If she's here, it's probably for real." John B concludes easily, but obviously, Carrera had to add more. But that didn't bother Eden, she was ready to show her that she could take her remarks without problems until the day when she will have confidence in her.

          "You forget that she has already come to see us twice, and then she disappeared for days. Who knows, maybe she told someone about the treasure?"

          Eden chuckled. "Um, okay? And why would I go talk about a treasure that supposedly has to do with my father?"

          Carrera shrugged. "I don't know, because you can be a real troublemaker maybe." Pope and JJ shared open-mouthed looks as John B dropped his head into his hands.

          "Oh, and what are you? You attack me like a hungry lioness with rage. I mean, kindness is not one of your qualities, princess." Kiara scoffed before sniffling. "Yeah, right. Sniffle or you'll explode."

"Do you have a problem with me?" She asked aggressively, pointed at herself.

Eden raised her arms in the air. "Same question here."

"Guys, shut your mouths!" John B literally yelled, causing the two girls to stop and give each other one last look. Eden ran her hand through her hair while Kiara sighed. "Look, we're gonna have to cooperate to make this work. All right?"

"I agree." JJ added, "Although it's fun, my ears won't be able to handle it."

          Both girls frowned at the same time, then turned their heads towards Pope, who still wasn't speaking. "Uh, me— I . . ." He looked to his buddies for help, but got no response. "It's a bit awkward."

          John B sighed, lowering his head. "Listen, just be nice to each other."

          Eden rolled her eyes, "I'm not the one looking for trouble every time I see you, guys."

           "So why do you always come without a smile, huh? You always come here like it's the worst choice of your life."

          "I'm not going to talk about my life to a girl who talks shit about me." Eden replied, coldness singing in her mouth.

          Even before Kiara answered, JJ jumped up, speaking like a great leader. "How about we start looking for new clues?"

          John B clicked his fingers. "Great idea, JJ." Eden and Kiara looked at each other, then the Winslow girl took the first diary out of her bag.

          She opened it to the right page, feeling everyone's eyes on her. "Here." She pointed to the date of November ninth, catching everyone's attention. "It was the day John Routledge went missing, but as you can see, my father had planned a 'sea trip' that day."

          "But your father was already missing." Pope said, raising his head to Eden who nodded to him. "So what? He would, like, stay in hiding for a month waiting for that day to go meet John? He would have. . . Faking his death?"

          Eden shook her head. "I know my father. He wouldn't just fake his death to go see John. Something else was waiting for him there."

          John B fixed his eyes on Eden's, suddenly understanding her. "Violeta."

          JJ moved his eyebrows, frowning like Pope and Kiara. "What's Violeta?" He asked. "A secret code for gold? A flower, like— like a violet?"

Kiara punched JJ in the chest as Pope waited for an explanation from the two former best friends. "Well, it could. But I rather think it was a friend helping them with the treasure."

          "Them?" John B commented. "Thomas and my father? I've never heard of a Violeta."

          Eden rolled her eyes, leaning towards the diary. "Well, I did so. When I was younger, I often found my father talking on the sly in his office with people I didn't know. They were talking about Violeta."

          "Good. We just have to find out who this Violeta is." Kiara suggested, making Eden look up at her. "Maybe she knows things we don't. The people on OBX are full of secrets. It's always the least fearful that hides them all."

          "Exactly. And. . ." She took out a sheet of paper, with Violeta who lives on the island. "Since I had nothing to do last night, I looked up for all of the Violetas on Outer Banks."

          John B took the sheet in his hands. "Violeta Walker, the only one I know. She's the lady who works at the store around the corner."

          "Oh, yeah!" JJ realized, his eyes filled with joy. "She gives me candy when I go there. She's cool."

          "Or maybe she's hatching a plan to kidnap you. Kidnappers always offer candy, JJ." Kiara teased, making Eden smile.

          JJ shook his head, moving her hands away from him who was making movements to scare him. "Stop that, she's really cool."

          Eden sneered watching JJ become paranoid by rolling his eyes from one side to the other. "She's probably watching you right now." Winslow added, giving him a wink. The blonde shook his head as John B came up behind him, then jumped on top of him, startling him.

          JJ let out a laugh as he shouted for Pope to come help him. John B clung to his back before feeling Pope hold him, and pull him towards him. Kiara laughed, moving next to Eden, who herself flashed a smile that could light up the whole room.

          "Do we help him?" Kie asked, not looking away from the boys.

          Eden shook her head. "Nah." The two girls continued to stare at them, and for the first time, their laughter merged into one that filled the room with sunshine.

Eden became distracted by her phone ringing, making her take it out of her pocket. She sighed when she saw Rafe's name appear. Eden raised her head, glancing at the boys and at Kiara who were not at all concerned about her, and left the porch.

"Hey," She said, picking up the call. "What's up?"

"Uh, nothing. I was just wondering what you were doing, you're not with my sister or with the others." He answered, and Eden turned to see if the Pogues were looking at her, luckily not. "So, what you doing? I hear laughter."

She ran her hand through her hair, moving further away from the house. "Um, I— I'm at Fred's. He's throwing a little party for. . . For my mother's birthday."

"Ah, not cool. Would you like to come to my house to watch a movie before going to Marcus' party tonight."

She stopped in her tracks, frowning. "It's tonight?"

"Yeah, well. . . You know your bro, he couldn't wait."

Eden faked a laugh, "Yeah. Uh, well, I'm sorry but I'm going to stay with my mother. See you tonight. Where is it?"

Rafe sighed. "At Topper's."

"Got it. See you!" And she ended the call, without giving him time to reply. She huffed, looking at the small lake where ducks had fun swimming.

She knew when joining the Pogues in this treasure hunt story, she was going to have to play hide and seek with the Kooks. She was going to be between two worlds, was gonna have to make complicated choices, to have to survive on each side of her life. Eden was going to be presounding in the in-between, and perhaps end up smothered by the walls which were going to get closer and closer. But, she was not going to let go if it could help her to understand the disappearance of her father.

"I thought you fired that one?" A voice hissed from behind her, causing her to let out a sigh as she looked at the ducks.

She shrugged one shoulder. "I thought you finally understood that I lie like I breathe."

"Mmh. And that's what you want? Lie and never be who you want. That's what you want or. . . What they want?"

          You know that person who knows you best even when you rarely talk to him, that person you've spent years befriending but one day he disappear? This person who will always remember every detail, who will always know what makes you smile and what makes you lose your mind. This person who knows everything even if you would like him to forget everything. John B was that person in Eden's eyes. Except she didn't want to admit it because she hated it. He knew her better than she knew herself, because she's more focused on pleasing others and John B is more focused on seeing through her soul.

          "You don't know what I want. And if I feel like lying, then I do." She answered, finally turning in front of him. His gaze went down to her eyes, and she looked away to prevent him from seeing her emotions. "Stop trying to get me away from Rafe. Or of all the boys who dare approach me."

          "Pretty girl, don't take your dreams for reality. I'm not trying to get you for myself."

          She raised her hands in the air. "I'm not the one who said that."

          He leaned his head back a little, chuckling. "But I bet you thought about it."

          "Sure. I need you, John. Come save me from the wicked wolves attacking me." She joked, putting her hand on his chest, looking back with a scared fake look.

          He nodded slowly, looking at her. "Still as good an actress." A fictitious smirk formed there, as she pulled away from him. Her eyes found their way to his half-open three-button shirt, revealing the beginning of his torso. Eden moved her gaze from there, giving John B a lazy smile.

"Can you please stop flirti—" She put her finger to his mouth, making him stop talking.

"Don't take your dreams for reality." She gave as an answer, receiving agreement with his eyes.

Coughs made them both turn around, finding a JJ still eating his candy. "Uh, Pope's calling all the Violetas, and. . . Well, it's going badly."

Eden frowned. "What do you mean?"

"What were you doing?" He avoided the question.

"What. Do. You. Mean?" Eden asked again, adding strength to her words.

JJ gave up, sighing. "He becomes crazy. He says he's the sheriff." Eden didn't bother to answer, and started running to the porch. As for John B, he froze there, his best friend's gaze fixing him. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing." He replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"Mh-mmh. Of course, JB." The blonde teased, putting his finger to his own mouth, reenacting the scene. John B rolled his eyes, passing him, stealing his bag of candy. "You know, Kiara will kill you if she finds out you're working on Eden's boat." He suddenly changed the subject.

John B shook his head vigorously. "First, it's her father's boat. Second, it's Mr. Barrow who came to me. And third, maybe it'll help me find out some other things about all this madness story."

"Wait—" JJ stopped him, putting his hand on his chest. "You didn't take this job to search the Winslow house, right?"

"No! No, but I'm not backing down from that idea."

"Dude, that's Eden's house. You can't use the fact that you work there to spy."

John B sighed, ran his hand through his hair. "I'm not, JJ. But if there's any clues about my dad, I'll take them."

JJ shook his head, lowering it. "You know Eden better than anyone, but what I know one hundred percent is that she's smarter than all of us. She'll soon be able to guess what you're playing, John B."

The Routledge boy sighed, leaving JJ's eyes to look at Eden who tried to take the phone away from Pope while Kiara laughed. "I did plan to spy. Not on what her father hides. But what she's hiding behind that stupid Kook mask."

          JJ gave a hint of a smile, nudging John B to enter the porch. The two frowned as they looked at Eden, "Pope, don't— stop!"

          "That's a very important question, ma'am! I'm the sheriff, I need to know if—"

          "Don't listen to him, Miss Violeta!"

          John B advancing towards Kiara, a smile on his lips. "Didn't you try to help her?"

          "Chances I'll get punched in the face." She joked seriously, seeing JJ join in the trouble. "Ugh, shit."

          "Ma'am, please. I need your hel—" Pope's words cut off when JJ finally took the phone in his hand, making Eden sigh with relief.

          "Come on, end the call." She ordered, pointing to the phone.

          "Miss Walker?" A silence while Eden looked up at him in less than a second. "Oh— Hey! It's me, JJ Maybank."

          Eden shook her head, preventing a tired laugh from crossing her throat. "I'm not in charge of this one. Your turn, Carrera."

__________________

         EDEN WINSLOW WAS THE ONE ALL MUST HAVE AT A PARTY. When there was a party, it was often she who organized them with her brother, she loved that. She often used to put little decorations with sequins, or just a tablecloth to make it more 'party', and not just give the vibe of 'just beer cans'. Eden was like a legend on the island, parties were impossible without her. Sometimes she liked it, feeling important like that. But then she remembered that she wasn't important for anything. Right, huh? Why was she important going to a party?

People just wanted to see her arrive with beers full on her arms, a little dress on her body that makes her curves move perfectly, and her new boy at her feet. They wanted to see this girl they bullied for years to make excuses. Well, excuses was a big word. They wanted, in a way, to show her that she finally belonged here. And it worked for a while, until she realized the Kooks were just bastards lying to get what they wanted. And Eden fell into the trap several times.

But tonight, nothing was going to go wrong. Because she wasn't going to be that girl everyone dreams of her being, she was just going to drink without caring about other people.

          And of course, enter there in the arms of Drea, and not of Rafe.

          Her pink satin dress, filled with little sparkles on it, made the room shine in no time when she entered the living room where people were already dancing, arms in the air as the song echoed loudly in each of Eden's ears, awakening an electric shock in her body. She took Drea's hand who was dragging her between the teenagers who were going wild like crazy, drinking alcohol at the same time. Her white high heels touched various red beetles that burst onto the floor, making the place even dirtier.

          The purple, blue and pink lights came together, creating a crazy atmosphere in the house, causing everyone to lose their minds. Drea pressed her hands on Eden's shoulders, leading her to the perfect spot where the music could be heard louder. Eden quickly tied her hair in a ponytail, before putting her hands on Drea's hips, moving to the same rhythm as her. The two girls swayed in all directions, leaving half-time to get a drink, and come back to dance. Eden didn't know exactly how much drink she was at when she finally saw her group of friends entering the room where the sweat and the smell of alcohol radiated.

          She stuck her sip in the back of her throat before signaling to Drea that they were coming. "They're there!"

          "Finally!" She exclaimed, leaving Eden to join Sarah and Josie who waved at them.

Eden ran towards them in her turn, jumping into Sarah's arms. "Oh! Hey, Ed'." The blonde immediately smelled the scent of alcohol on the body in her arms, making her frown. "Uh, dude, how many did you take?"

Eden moved away from her, giggling. "Just— Just a few." She answered before looking at Josie accompanying Caden, arm around her waist. "Oh, that's your Chris Evans, Jo'! Hi, I'm Eden Winslow." The boy took Eden's hand in his, squeezing it before putting it back on Josie's waist.

Sarah took Eden by the shoulders, leading her further towards the kitchen. "You need some water."

Eden freed herself from her grip, growling. "Seriously? We waited over thirty minutes for you to come, so I had to party with Drea. But now I want to dance with my three favorite girls."

Sarah frowning, glass of water in hand. Eden made her puppy eyes, praying with her hands. "Ugh. Fine! Let's go dancing!" She declared defeated, making Eden jump like a little bunny.

          The two girls forcibly picked up Drea and Josie after having two drinks, then placed themselves in the middle of the dance floor, letting their bodies mix with the music, deafening them. Their laughter all together sounded like a melody that everyone would like to hear as soon as they wake up, while the alcohol was flowing more and more in their throats.

          An arm came to lightly tap Eden's shoulder, making her turn towards the person, without stopping dancing. A smile crossed her lips when Marcus Alfieri put his hands on her hips. "It's really nice that you're here, Ed'!" He shouted over the music, leaning towards Eden's ear.

          "I know, right? This party is insane!" He nodded, giving his glass to Eden. She took it with pleasure, but stopped when she saw the color of the thing in it. She frowned, trying to guess what was inside. A kind of green with yellow mixed together, giving a bit of brown. "Uh, what's in it?"

           "A thing Kelce did, try it!" He added convincingly. Eden knew very well what Kelce put in his drinks, disgusting stuff that made something even more disgusting, but the alcohol had more effect so. . . She took a deep breath before squirting the juice down her throat, making her tingle slightly. She grinned, shaking her head as Marcus took the drink back.

"Shit. That's— Whoa. It wakes up. Fuck." She swore, wiping her mouth with the corner of her hand.

Marcus took a sip from the drink, where a lipstick stain was on the plastic glass. "Did you come alone?"

Eden raised her chin towards him, frowning as usual. "Uh. . . Yeah. Actually, no. Not really. I brought Drea with me."

"So, would you like to come with me dancing?" Even before she could answer, Eden's chocolate brown eyes fell on Rafe who suddenly made his entrance.

Always dressed the same. His trademark white shirt almost perfectly stuck to his chest, showing his muscles as well as a bit of his chest because of the transparency that was reflected by the lights. His short beige pants, stopping just after the knees, were properly smoothed, while a pair of glasses was placed on his nose. Who wears sunglasses at night, first of all?

Eden gave a small wave ( which she wouldn't have done if she hadn't been drunk, since she's still mad at him ), but she only earned a neutral face from him. She swept her eyebrows down, until he was in front of her.

"Oh, hey. What's up?"

"We need to talk." He declared with one sentence.

"Right now or—"

He sighed, before taking Eden's hand, forcibly dragging her between the teenagers, but Marcus came to stop them on the way. "What the f—"

"She doesn't want to follow you." Marcus said, catching a glare from Rafe.

The Cameron son pulled his arm away from his grasp, growling, "I'm just gonna talk to her for two minutes. Calm down."

"That's— That's okay, Marcus." Eden replied, her eyelids heavy.

He didn't have time to say a word, when Rafe grabbed her hand again and dragged her down a hallway where no one was. Rafe snapped her away, taking off his sunglasses before running his hand through his well-groomed blond hair. Eden felt that something was wrong. She put her hand on Rafe's shoulder, but he pushed her away in frustration.

"Rafe, what's going on?"

"Where were you today?" He asked, the angry tone thumping in his throat.

She stammered, "With, um. . . Wi— With my mother. It was her birthday."

          He pursed his lips together, narrowing his eyes. Nice, he took some coke. "I asked your brother, but strangely, your mother's birthday is in February. So, I'm gonna asked you again. . . Where were you today?"

          Eden looks at him for a moment before making an ironic sneer. "Excuse me, Rafe. Correct me if I'm wrong but, you're not my father, right? Neither my boyfriend." He lowered his head, closing his eyes. "I don't need to tell you where I am all the damn time."

          "Oh, so this is my fault that I'm worried about you, huh?" He replied, but she remained calm.

          She huffed, trying to touch Rafe's hand. "Look, you're in no condition to—"

"No. No, don't fucking tell me that I'm drunk or anything." She then released her hand, putting it in her hair. Rafe's throat tightened in a knot of rage, staring at her with eyes wide open. "Where were you?"

          Eden was a stone's throw away from shaking her head and leaving the party, leaving Rafe in the lurch without giving him an answer. But she suddenly remembered that lying had always been a part of her, it was always going to be there. Her emotions were easy to control, so in addition to being a good liar, she was an actress that Hollywood needed to hire.

          So, no, she wasn't really going to lie to Rafe. She was just going to play on words. Like this: "I was with someone who had memories about my father. He knew that I was very close to him so. . ." She mock-wiped her eyes, raising them to the ceiling. "So I just wanted to get closer to him. But it's hard to understand that when you're more focused on the drugs than the girl you supposedly like. Right, Rafe?"

          "You know that I like you, Eden. I always did. Even when you were a little Pogue who sought the attention of the rich, but only earned hideous stares from them, I was there." She kept her eyes connected to his, trying to read all the lies that came out of his mouth, like the ones that came out of hers. "But you were always with that dirty Pogue. . . John B. Even the summer you got together, I kept looking for you."

          She laughed, "Looking for me or for my innocence?"

          "No, but— Do you hear yourself, Eden? You have completely lost your mind. You're turning me against you when the real bad guy is John B. He's what? Your boyfr—"

          "Oh, my God! What's up with this whole interrogation? I'm fucking sick of it."

          Rafe smirked which cracked something in Eden, she took a step back by reflex, hurting the wall. He took a step forward, running his hands over her slender arms. "You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of you turning everything on me, like, I'm the guy who makes you feel bad while I spend all my damn days with you making you smile."

          "A good guy wouldn't hit a helpless Pogue who just wants to do a favor. Pope didn't deserve you to attack him." She said, her gaze still locked on his.

          "We're not talking about Pope, but about you and me. Especially about you." He lowered his gaze to his hands which were lightly holding the arms before starting to pinch them more strongly, bringing out a small cry of pain coming from Eden. "I'm tired of you still sticking to me, but that you don't want a serious relationship. Eden, you don't understand."

          "Oh, I'm sorry to not understand a drug addict. Or a drug addict addicted to me." She brought her face closer to him, her eyelashes raised to him like a little girl. Except that Eden was no longer an innocent little girl. "You're so addicted to me it's killing you. You can't stop. You're going crazy."

          He tightened his grip on her arms, making her stop talking. He leaned towards her mouth, but she tilted her chin to the right. "I always knew you were a dirty slut, Eden. I just wanted to see what it was like to be around one."

          She left her gaze to the right as Rafe continued to whisper inaudible things in her ear. His arms continued to cling to her arms, leaving red marks for a long time. Eden concentrated on keeping her tears in her eyes,
as her mother's words passed through her mind at that precise moment. Don't cry, boys don't like cowards.

          "Nobody loves you. Nobody needs a bitch like you in their life. Drea and the others are only your friends because I asked them to be. Not because you deserve to have people take care of you. Nah, you never deserved people by your side."

          "Fuck you." She spat, replanting her eyes on the demon's. She pushed him, but ended up backing firmly against the wall. "Don't touch me, you motherfu—"

          He clapped his large hand over her mouth. "Shh. Eden, you weren't taught to speak well."

          "Sluts talk like bitches, too bad for you." She remarked, her tone serious as her throat burned with the pain that engulfed her.

"I would like to know, princess. . . Have you ever been John B's whore?" He asked casually, earning a hateful look from her. "I mean, John B was lucky. And Kelce? And Marcus? And what, you ever been girls' whore?"

Enraged, her hand swept over his cheek, whipping him like a whip. "You're disgusting."

He slowly turned his head towards her, showing the red mark on her cheek. "You made me sick, and you think I'm the disgusting here?"

"I never want to see you again. Do you hear me?" She leaned into Rafe's ear, her breath roaring wildly. "I never want to see your asshole face again."

          He smirked like a crazy, and before he added another word to his list of damage to Eden's brain, she took him by the shoulders, planting her knee in his crotch. A groan of pain escaped from between his lips, as his hands finally left Eden's arms free. She looked at him for a moment before taking the door to her left, falling into the garden where the pool was crowded with teenagers.

"Eden!" Her name came into her ears like an electric shock, paralyzing her in place. Her surroundings seemed to blur like mist, engulfing her in one fell swoop, but she managed to step between the people, grab a bottle of vodka, and ball out of the house.

She kicked off her high heels, then her legs started racing away from the house. Her heart was beating like a grasshopper that couldn't stop jumping, except that Eden had the impression that a volcano was about to open in her heart. Her eyelids were heavy, and a few tears fell from between her eyes, unfortunately exceeding the limit she had given herself. Her teeth chattered together, but she wasn't cold.

She was afraid.

She was scared because what Rafe had just done had just awakened a nightmare that had been sleeping for a long time in Eden's head.

          If Eden was so afraid of Rafe but she was unable to move away, it's because she had the 'chance' to have already experienced this situation. She had already had someone violent in her life, someone who hit her when she did something wrong. Someone who makes you feel like shit, putting you down to be even better than you are, make you realize that you have to do more than you already do. This person only wants to take out their anger on an innocent person who is sure they won't say anything because. . . Well, we won't believe her. And as you know, those people who hit you are often the people closest to you. For Eden, it was her own mother.

          Yasmina and Eden were never the best mother-daughter duo, they were even the worst of all. The mother always preferred Noah to her because he was what she had dreamed of. The perfect boy, the perfect grades, the perfect friends, everything was perfectly perfect about him. As for Eden, she always had the more 'I don't give a fuck, I'm young, I'm enjoying it' side. She liked to do what she wanted, when she wanted, where she wanted. It was her life, not anyone else's. But Yasmina didn't see that as a good thing. It was a defect that had to be eliminated before it affected the family.

           So she was hitting her, without Thomas or Noah ever knowing. And Eden had the best excuse to cover her wounds. She was literally spending her days with the Pogues, messing around, so all she had to say was she fell and that was mission accomplished. For the Pogues it was harder to lie, but she succeeded. Actually. . . At a certain point. There was always him, who knew how to read her thoughts so the game was already lost in advance.

          And of course, he must have been the one who drove past Eden while she was limping, the bottle of vodka in her hands.

__________________

authors note: HIII MY DUDES!!! i've missed so much writing my babies but im here now :)

the next chapter will be filled with johnb x eden, IM SO HAPPY!!

oh and i didn't know exactly the date when john routledge disappeared so i put the 9th of november??? and just to remind you that thomas perez went missing a month before john!

bye-bye!! love you <33

( my gifs finally work again!! )

im the number 1 rafe hate club, in the series in history, I don't like him sooo. . . i let off steam a little too much here. sorry :/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694K 11.9K 114
š™ˆš™¤š™£š™–š™˜š™š™¤š™„š™Øš™žš™Ø š˜Æ. š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜“š˜¶š˜£š˜µš˜­š˜¦ š˜£š˜¶š˜µ š˜±š˜¦š˜³š˜“š˜Ŗš˜“š˜µš˜¦š˜Æš˜µ š˜§š˜¦š˜¦š˜­š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜°š˜§ š˜£š˜¦š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜°š˜¶š˜µ š˜°š˜§ š˜±š˜­š˜¢š˜¤š˜¦, š˜¢š˜“ š˜®š˜¢š˜­š˜¢š˜„š˜¢š˜±...
42.4K 2K 38
And you had to go, I know, I know, I know. JJ MAYBANK / FEM!OC KIARA CARRERA / FEM!OC OBX SEASON 3 03/04/24 ā†’ 05/28/24
20.2K 485 21
š˜Ŗ'š˜·š˜¦ š˜£š˜¦š˜¦š˜Æ š˜³š˜¶š˜Æš˜Æš˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜µš˜©š˜³š˜°š˜¶š˜Øš˜© š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜«š˜¶š˜Æš˜Øš˜­š˜¦, š˜Ŗ'š˜·š˜¦ š˜£š˜¦š˜¦š˜Æ š˜³š˜¶š˜Æš˜Æš˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜øš˜Ŗš˜µš˜© š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜øš˜°š˜­š˜·š˜¦š˜“, š˜µš˜° š˜Øš˜¦š˜µ š˜µš˜° š˜ŗ...