Reflections in Ice (Fairy Tai...

By Silver-Tigress

17 year old Reina Evans Walker returns from a year long mission to find that Fairy Tail has a new member name... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 14

89 2 0
By Silver-Tigress

Picture is of Zalty—->

Third Person's P. O. V:

Gray jerks upright, thrusting out his arms and starts calling out, "ICED... Sheeelll—!"

"SHUDDUP!!" Natsu screams as he punches the right side of Gray's face, causing his eyes to jerk wide along with Lyon's and Reina's as he drops in a crouch, one hand on the ice covered floor for balance, the other resting on his left knee. Natsu's own eyes has become angry white triangles as he breathes heavily from anger.

"Natsu...?!" Gray snaps, jerking his head up at the pinkette.

Natsu shouts back indignantly, "You can't just bust in and steal the scene with a bunch of fancy talk! Get to the back of the line, pal!"

Reina just sweat drops on the side of her head at her teammate's actions.

"Back of what line?!" Gray demands to know.

Pointing at himself with his thumb, Natsu clarifies, "Rei-chan and I were here first, so it's our fight!"

"What?!" Gray snaps, jumping to his feet as he whirls on his comrade.

Gray reminds the pinkette, "When I got here, the first words out of my mouth were 'Leave him to me!'"

"G-Gray..." Reina stutters nearby.

Crossing his arms over his chest stubbornly as he jerks his head away, Natsu retorts, "Yeah, and I said 'No way, man!' like, a second after that!"

Gray growls, glaring daggers at Natsu, "Why, you...!"

"What? You want some?" Natsu taunts, smirking.

"I don't care who said what! I've gotta a score to settle with him, you understand?! And I'm ready to die if that's what I gotta do!" Gray yells, eyes wide as he grips Natsu's scarf tightly.

Reina dips her head as her bangs shadow her eyes. She couldn't believe her teammate had just tried to cast that spell! Natsu reaches up and grips Gray's wrist just as tightly. Natsu questions, "Yeah? And how's dying gonna settle it, huh? 'Cause it sounds like you're running away to me."

Gray's eyes grow wide in shock at this, and he gasps slightly.

Suddenly, a rumbling sound echoes through the building, causing everyone to look up in confusion, as debris rains down from the ceiling.

"What is that...?" Reina asks.

Natsu demands in annoyance, "What now?!"

With Erza's Group....

Erza slashes her sword across a few of the robed figures and the screamed when they fell. Lucy lashes out with her whip, taking out a few more. Happy throws rotten seafood on a few, instantly knocking them out.

The same old woman from earlier snaps, "Enough skulking! We must strike down all who oppose the Cold Emperor!"

Her comrades cheer in agreement.

The ground begins to shake as a rumbling sound reaches their ears.

"What's that sound?" Erza asks as Lucy looks behind them, back at the temple.

Gaaping, she exclaims, "No way!"

"Whoa! The temple just untilted itself!" Happy exclaims.

Back With Reina and the Others....

Reina looks around in confusion as the temple righted itself again. With orange tick marks around his head, Natsu attempts to break the temple again.

"This is bad!" Gray says, looking up at the ceiling. "Now the moon's going to shine on Deliora."

"Gray Fullbuster!" Said ice mage flinches along with Natsu and they whip around to see Reina standing there, glaring at them through her bangs.

Even Lyon couldn't help being a little afraid of the bluenette.

Natsu pushes Gray away and turns to face an extremely furious Reina, and instantly wishes he could disappear into the ground right now. Natsu steps aside and they watch as the girl stalks up to the tense Fullbuster, her death glare trained on him. Gray gulps fearfully, bracing himself.

Reina was usually the calmest, most cool headed person he knew. He was actually scared of the thought of her being angry.

With red tick marks throbbing on her knuckles, Reina seethes, "You idiot!! What the hell were you thinking?!! Are trying to get yourself killed?! If you use that spell, then... then I'll be left alone...! I don't want you to leave me! This is no time for you to be the hero!"

Gray stares in silence at the blue eyed girl, understanding her anger, yet stunned by her words. He was even more stunned by the tears that were falling down her face. Tears that were caused by him. Gray kicks himself for making Reina cry. He'd always seen her as a strong warrior, and looked up to her for that. He hated seeing Reina cry, for anything.

Gray puts his hands on her shoulders, saying sincerely, "You're right. I'm sorry. I didn't meant to scare you, Rei-chan."

Reiba is now sobbing out of immense relief. The Arc of Reflection user whispers, "I'm so glad you're alright! I thought I'd lost you."

"Pardon the interruption!" Zalty says as he runs inside the room, up to Lyon.

Lyon says, "I should've known. I take it you did this?"

Zalty replies, "Indeed I did, Sir! The moon will be out, so I thought I'd take the liberty of straightening the temple for you."

Gray says, astonished, "That weirdo fixed it all by himself?"

"And after all that trouble I went through to mess it up, too!" Natsu says, annoyed. "Hey! So what'd you do to fix it, huh?!"

Reina steps back beside Gray, glaring suspiciously at the green haired man. Something about him just feels off to her, though she can't quite put her finger on it.

Zalty just turns to Natsu and starts cackling.

Reina  sweat drops slightly as Natsu demands, annoyed, "TELL ME HOW YOU DID IT, JERK!!"

Zalty says to Lyon, "Now that everything else is in order, I suppose I shall commence the Moon Drip ceremony." He turns and scurries off.

"WOULD YOU QUIT IGNORING ME, YOU STUPID MASKED FREAK?!?!" Natsu shouts. He starts running after a laughing Zalty. "GET BACK HERE!!"

Gray calls, "Natsu!"

The Dragon Slayer jerks to a halt and whirls back to face Gray. "I'm gonna pound him a million, no a billion times! we'll let you handle that ice guy!" Gray seems surprised for a moment. Keeping his back to him, Natsu says, "It'll look bad if you lose again."

"Yeah."

"And not just for you!"

"I know what you mean."

Reina runs after Natsu and pauses beside him.

"But for all of Fairy Tail!" Natsu, Reina and Gray say at the same time, exchanging smirks with each other.

Natsu runs after Zalty, but Reina lingers in place, her gaze resting on Gray.

She tells the ravenette, "Good luck, Gray-kun. I know you can do it."

A small smirk tugs at his lips, having heard her words. Reina takes off after Natsu, leaving Gray to handle his old rival.

"My, my, what a boisterous bunch you are," Lyon says with a flat look on his face and his arms crossed over his chest.

"Tell me something," Gray speaks up. "A second ago when I was gonna freeze us both for good, you were counting on Natsu to stop me before I can finish, right?"

"No. The opposite, in fact. I never thought he'd be foolish enough to come near a spell like that."

"So, you were just gonna stand there and take the hit?" Gray questions, surprised.

"Exactly," Lyon responds, "because someone would come to rescue me. You on the other hand, would be finished for good."

"I should've known," Gray murmurs.

"Certainly it would be inconvenient to be sealed in ice, but my allies are as devoted to my cause as I am," Lyon says, "and as long as we're on this island, they could use Moon Drip to melt the ice whenever they saw fit."

"I didn't think of that," Gray says with his head bent. "Guess the Iced Shell is useless here."

"Even so, you still want to fight? After what happened last time?" Lyon questions, narrowing his gaze. "Don't fool yourself! You could nev—"

"That's enough!" Gray cuts Lyon off.

"What?!" Lyon demands as he drops his arms back to his sides.

"Just forget about Deliora."

"What kind of nonsense is this?" Lyon demands. "Your threats don't work, so you're turning to begging? Does your guild have a dentist that removes your fangs? Or are you just a coward?"

"Lyon, there's something I have to tell you," Gray says seriously.

"What is it?"

"Ur is still alive."

Lyon stares at Gray with stunned dilated eyes.

"The Iced Shell doesn't kill its caster. It uses their body to form the barrier. The ice keeping Deliora sealed away... Which you've been trying to melt... Is actually Master Ur," Gray tells Lyon in a soft tone of voice. "She isn't dead. She lives on as that ice. I'm sorry I never told you the truth back then. Ur made me promise to keep quiet."

Ur's words from that day float back into Gray's mind.

"If he'd found out I'd been turned into ice, he'd probably waste his entire life trying to find a way to undo the spell."

"Of course..." Lyon mutters.

"It's over," Gray says firmly. "There's no reason to go through with this anymore—"

Gray's eyes widen when Lyon places his hand on his stomach and sends an Ice Tiger through it, causing Gray's eyes to widen in pain. The Ice Tiger leaps out through Gray's back. Gray collapses on his knees, clutching at his wound.

"You idiot! I know how the spell works," Lyon says, flustered. A dark look crosses his face. "I can assure you, she's not alive anymore. That's nothing more than a chunk of ice!"

"Y-You knew... You knew all along?!" Gray stutters as he struggles to push himself up on his feet, but collapses again.

"Knowing is one thing," Lyon says, "believing is another. And if you truly believe Ur is alive in there, you're an even greater fool than I thought." Lyon steps around to stand behind Gray, at his feet.

"You knew the truth and... You still did this?!" Gray hisses in anger, panting.

"And what of it?" Lyon asks as Gray climbs to his feet, clutching at his wound.

His gaze shadowed by his bangs, Gray punches Lyon in the side of his face which sends him flying, headfirst, into the ice covered wall behind him. Lyon slides down it before he whirls towards Gray, a surprised look on his face. "Impossible! How can you move with that wound?!" He exclaims.

"I've had enough!" Gray growls in anger. He straightens out of his stance to glare at the white haired man through his bangs. "I wanted... To save you, but I give up now."

Lyon rises to his feet again. "You want the title of Star Pupil for yourself? Well, I'm sorry, but I have to fight against Deliora, soon, and I'd rather not waste my magic energy on you."

Holding out his right fist, Gray says challengingly, "Then, we'll just use our fists!"

"Hmph! You want me to fight you without using magic?! That's fine by me," Lyon laughs.

Gray runs at him with his right arm pulled back for a punch. Just when he gets in close to Lyon, the white haired man rams his elbow into Gray's stomach, causing him to collapse.

"Aim for your opponent's weak spot and hit it with all you've got!" Lyon says, smirking slyly. "Ur taught us that, remember?!"

"You have no right to speak her name! And I won't let you!!" Gray screams angrily, glaring daggers at Lyon. He lunges for Lyon again, but Lyon knees him in the side.

Meanwhile, Natsu and Reina are chasing after Zalty through the temple.

"GET BACK HERE AND ANSWER MY QUESTION ALREADY, YOU FREAK SHOW!!" Natsu demands as he and Reina run after the masked man. Zalty just laughs right back. "COME ON, MAN!! WHY WON'T YOU JUST TELL ME HOW YOU FIXED THE TEMPLE?!!"

Zalty suddenly stops and whirls around. He holds up his left arm and a black and white magic circle appears on the ceiling. A circular chunk of it broke off and fell towards Natsu and the blonde.

"Is that all you got?! What a joke!!" Natsu yells as he punches it with a flame covered fist, causing smaller chunks to rain down around them.

With a breathy sigh, Zalty sweeps his right hand and the chunk of ceiling he'd broken off mended itself together again, before fitting back inside the hole. Natsu and Reina gasp in astonishment. "There you have it. That's how I fixed the temple after you so rudely tilted it," He explains.

Natsu exclaims, confused, "What kind of crazy magic is that?!"

Zalty replies, grinning, "If you really must know, I practice one of the Lost Magics. In other words, both its strengths and side effects are so powerful, it has been erased from history as we know it." Reina stares at him in disbelief.

"Seriously?!" Natsu gasps in disbelief.

"That Dragon Slayer Magic and Arc of Reflection Magic of yours is no different."

"Really?!" Natsu asks with a sweat drop on the back of his head and blue anime question marks popping up around him.

Reina was shocked this man knows so much about her magic. She silently wonders how.

Their eyes widen when Zalty suddenly disappears into thin air.

Natsu yells in annoyance, "WHERE'D HE GO?! I'M SICK OF CHASING HIM AROUND! I WANNA FIIIGGHHTTT!!"

Reina mutters, "That's nothing new with you, Pinky."

Back With Gray and Lyon....

Lyon continues to pound Gray's face with his fists before jumping up and kneeing him in the stomach, knocking the brunette back a bit with a grunt.

Lyon remarks, "What a shame. Your fists are as weak as your magic."

With a grunt, Gray attempts to punch Lyon, but Lyon swings his leg up and lands a solid kick in Gray's chest, sending him rocketing into a wall, creating a crater, before slumping against it while panting.

With a smirk tugging his lips, Gray says as he struggles to his feet, "What we're doing right now... Kind of reminds me of someone else I used to spar with as I kid."

Lyon declares as he and Gray throw themselves at each other, "THIS IS THE END!!"

Lyon lands a punch that sends Gray flying back into the wall behind him.

"Get up!!" Natsu's voice from a distant memory echoes in Gray's mind.

"Come on, get up!" A young Natsu shouts at a young Gray from his position on the ground next to the sea behind the Fairy Tail guild hall.

"You're the one that needs to get up, so you 'Come on!'" Gray shouts back, pointing at the pinkette. A young Erza with her red hair tied in a braid and a young Reina stand and watches next to Master Makarov, a sword strapped to her left hip, and her arms crossed below her chest. Makarov sits on a tree stump on Erza's right.

They attack each other again. Gray knocks Natsu down and rests his hands on his knees as they both breathe heavily.

Looking up at each other, Gray tells Natsu firmly, "Sorry, but you lose." He turns and walks away.

Climbing to his feet, Natsu says determinedly with his left cheek swollen from Gray's punch, "Hold on! This fight's not near over, Gray!"

The ravenette stares back at him in surprise. "Well, if that's the way you want it..." Gray challenges as he launches himself back at Natsu at the same time he ran at Gray, the two of them letting out war cries.

Back in the present, Gray remains slumped against the ice covered wall as he and Lyon pant.

Lyon states as he turns away from Gray, "That settles it. You're no match for me, after all."

"Hold on!" Gray calls as he pushes himself to his feet. "This fight's not over just yet!"

Flustered, Lyon says, "I should've killed you when I had the chance!" They run at each other for another attack.

Lyon looms in front of Gray, and they both raise their arms at the same time, however, Gray was the one who managed to land the punch against the left side of Lyons face. He's sent rocketing into the wall behind him.

Gray tells him, "You're gonna have to step up your game if you wanna beat me!" Lyon throws a punch at Gray, but he dodges and head butts him. "I DIDN'T GIVE UP AGAINST NATSU, AND I WON'T AGAINST YOU!!"

Lyon rams his knee under Gray's chin sending him flying. Gray manages to land on his feet.

"I'm not gonna lose, you hear me?!" He and Lyon exchange punches, mimicking the time Gray had sparred Natsu so long agp.

Exchanging punches with each other, young Natsu tells Gray, "I'm not gonna lose!"

"Well, you're gonna have to, because I wanna win!"

"You're going down!!" Gray and Natsu shout together.

Gray punches Lyon a few times before he says, "I won't lose! You're going down!"

"YOU CAN NEVER DEFEAT ME!!"

The younger versions of Natsu and Gray punch each other's faces. They remain standing for a second, before they fall on their backs, looking up at the sky.

"I remember looking at the sky that day," Gray thinks to himself. "I don't know why, but it was so blue it made me angry."

With a cry, Gray lands a solid kick on Lyon that causes him to collapse on the floor.

With Erza's Group....

Erza asks Lucy as she holds a spear in her hands, "Notice anything, Lucy?"

Lucy replies as she nods, "Yeah. There's a whole bunch of them, but their magic seems weak for some reason."

"Exactly," Erza says, glancing to her left. "As far as I can tell, there are only five wizards among them."

Happy mumbles disappointedly, "Oh, man! I guess that means I'll have to go easy on 'em!"

With a deadpan look, Lucy mutters, "Just keep telling yourself that."

Erza asks Lucy, "Do you think you can handle this one?"

"Oh, you betcha!" Lucy whips out a gold key and calls, grinning, "Open, Gate of the Giant Crab, Cancer!"

Cancer appears while snipping his scissors.

With a puzzled look, Erza asks the crab, "Hmph. We've met before, haven't we?"

Holding a bouquet of roses in one hand out to her, Cancer kneels before Erza. "Indeed we have, and as always, I'm at your service, Miss!"

Her eyes popping in her head, Lucy exclaims, "I thought you always said 'Baby?!' What's with 'Miss?!' And aren't you supposed to be my servant?!"

Happy says cheekily, making Momo giggle, "I think someone's jealous!"

Pointing her finger at the enemy, Lucy orders Cancer, "Take 'em down!! But don't kill 'em, just wrap 'em up, okay?"

"Alright, Baby—uh, Miss!" Cancer says with a snip of his scissors.

With Gray and Lyon....

"The Cold Emperor... Defeated in battle by the likes of you! I won't stand for it!" Lyon says as he gets back on his feet, leaning against the wall for balance.

With a glare, Gray challenges him, "Then get over here and fight!"

Scowling, Lyon throws out his right hand and calls, "Ice Make: Snow Dragon!"

The dragon flies for Gray and curls around him, catching the brunette in one of its horns. Gray grunts as he hits the horn, allowing him to break free and tumble across the floor, before coming to a stop.

Raising his head, Gray questions, "I thought we agreed not to use magic, Lyon!"

"Don't be such a sore loser! This duel was pointless from the start. Deliora will be revived, either way. Alas, it's far too late to stop me now!"

Clenching his fist on the floor, Gray pushes himself to his feet. "I won't stop trying!"

"Try all you want! Zalty is preparing the Moon Drip ceremony as we speak!" Lyon takes off his white cloak and throws it on the ground.

"Natsu and Reina won't let him," Gray says, smirking. "Trust me! The second you underestimate those two, is the second you lose!"

                     ❄️❄️❄️

Zalty stands before the frozen demon, and lets out a little laugh as he gazed up at it. "At long last..."

"There you are!" Natsu's voice reaches his ears as he and Reina run into the cave.

"We've finally caught up to ya, you masked freak!" Reina pants as Zalty turns and grins at them.

"I'LL BURN THAT GRIN OFF YOUR FACE!!" Natsu leaps for the masked man with his right fist aflame. He goes to punch Zalty, only for him to leap backwards, causing Natsu's fist to slam into the ground. He lands on a boulder in the water around Deliora.

Landing on a ledge higher up, Zalty laughs, "Must've taken you awhile to come up with that one! By the way, how did you manage to find me?"

Straightening to peer up at him, Natsu replies, "I followed my nose, that's all. For some reason, you totally reek of lady's perfume."

Zalty laughs, "I would love to stay and chat, but I've got more important things to do, right now. Like reviving Deliora."

Reina and Natsu turn to him as she says, "Heh! Just forget about that, 'cause it's not gonna happen, okay?"

"Really?!" Zalty questions. "And why is that, pray tell?"

"Because Gray's gonna kick that King Frosty's butt..." The Walker begins, smirking broadly.

"... and we're gonna kick your butt, like a billion times! And then this'll all be over!" Natsu finishes, pointing a finger at Zalty.

Looking behind him while grinning, Zalty replies confidently, "We'll just have to see about that!"

Reina's and Natsu's eyes jerk wide and they gasp when they see purple moonlight pouring down on Deliora. "That's... moonlight!" The blue eyed girl gasps. "There are people up there doing the ceremony right now?!"

"Only one person, which means the Moon Drip isn't terribly powerful right now," Zalty says. "However, that's hardly a concern, since we've already gathered plenty of moonlight. We just need to give it a little nudge to finish the job. Like this!"

The top of the ice encasing Deliora breaks down with a loud crack!

Reina screams, horrified.

"Oh, no! This can't be good! Deliora's Ice is melting like crazy!!" Natsu exclaims fearfully. "Come on, Rei-chan! We've gotta go stop that guy before things get ugly!"

"R-Right!" She stutters, feeling fear creep into her heart, making it pound faster. She starts running after Natsu.

Zalty, however, raises two fingers and focuses on his magic power. A large chunk of the ceiling breaks off and falls towards the Fairy Tail wizards. They scream when the boulder wedges itself between them and the entrance of the cave, causing Natsu and Reina to fall back on their rears.

"Sorry, but you're not going anywhere," Zalty says, not sounding sorry at all. "It looks like chasing after me was a mistake Salamander, Queen of Reflections. Better luck next time, eh?"

❄️❄️❄️

"Excellent work. Let's head to the temple," Erza says as they gaze about at Lyons fallen minions.

Lucy says in agreement, nodding her head once, "Right!"

"No, wait!" The old lady from before calls, causing everyone to whirl around. The old lady has dark skin and shoulder length greying hair. She's being held up by a much younger-looking man with darker hair, as he frowns at the Fairy Tail wizards. "We won't let you interfere with the Cold Emperor!"

"Those headpieces!" Erza gasps. "You people are... from the city of Brago. And you want revenge."

The old woman glares darkly as the memory of Deliora ravaging their home city flashed through her mind.

  ❄️❄️❄️

Zalty laughs as Natsu and Reina glare at the melting ice prison. He's cut off when they jump to their feet and run at him, flames cover Natsu's fist. Natsu swings his fist in a punch for Zalty's face, at the same time Reina swings her fist, though Zalty manages to leap backwards to avoid both attacks.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" He laughs at them. "Using your Fire Magic at a time like this might make the ice sealing Deliora melt faster."

Natsu lunges for Zalty and throws a leg up in a flame covered kick, knocking him back. "If it could be melted by Fire Magic, then you wouldn't have gone through all this trouble. Bluff all you want, but once we're done here, all we've gotta do is stop the Moon Drip, and it's game over!"

Chuckling, Zalty says sound impressed, "I must say, I took you for a fool! But when push comes to shove, it seems you're surprisingly clever, Salamander!"

Rumbling echoes throughout the temple. Back with the two ice mages, Gray murmurs, "I have a bad feeling that ain't Natsu."

"The ceremony is finally reaching completion!" Lyon says triumphantly. "The ice sealing Deliora has begun to melt away."

"Ur..." Gray thinks worriedly, eyes wide.

"There's nothing you can do!" Lyon tells him. "It's too late to stop me! You and your friends have failed!" He sweeps his right arm across, readying his magic power. "Do you have any idea how long I've waited for this moment, Gray?! Since I saw you last, I've been gathering knowledge, and allies who'll aid me. I was fortunate enough to discover this place, an island where you can collect the light of the moon, Galuna." He raises his arm and summons some Ice Eagles. "

The birds fly for Gray, but he dodges them.

"It wasn't an easy task transferring Deliora from Brago! And the Moon Drip's taken three years!" The Ice Eagles pound against Gray's Ice Shield relentlessly.

"You've been wasting your time on this stupid plan for three years?!" Gray demands.

"Stupid?! How dare you say that!!" Lyon shouts as he summons more magic power, facial expression looking wild. "You've spent the last ten years in some foolish guild peddling your life away!" A much larger Ice Eagle flies into the air, flips around and slams one of its wings into the ground just as Gray dodges it.

"Because I put my faith in what Ur told me!" Gray shouts, causing Lyons eyes to dilate in anger.

"In the western countries, there are more wizards who are a lot more powerful than me."

"So, I went west, and eventually made it to Fairy Tail," Gray continues. "And she was right. The guild was so full of powerful wizards that I couldn't believe it!"

"I don't think I can help you," Makarov tells a young Gray. "The Iced Shell is based on the will of its caster, and because that will is absolute, a third party cannot melt the ice, no matter what magic they use."

"No way! You're telling me, even with all the strong wizards you've got, you can't break the spell?!" Gray exclaims in disbelief.

"Hmmm, actually, now that I think about it, there may be a way," Makarov says with a thoughtful look as he closes his eyes briefly. Gray gains a hopeful look. "On second thoughts... That's not a good idea. If you were to melt the ice, I'm afraid it would be no different than killing your master."

"I didn't know it at the time, but I bet the old man was thinking about the Moon Drip when he said that," Gray tells Lyon in understanding. "After everything Ur did for us, you'd kill her without giving it a second thought! You make me sick!"

"Say what you will, I don't care!" Lyon says. "My entire life has lead up to this moment. Our master is long dead! If we want to prove we have surpassed her, what can we do in her absence? Think, Gray! There's only one answer!" Lyon covers his right fist in ice shaped like a tiger's head and attempts to attack Gray with it, but Gray dodges his attacks. "Deliora! I will surpass our master by defeating what she could not!"

"Well I admit that's a pretty ambitious plan, but I can't stop thinking that you might've missed the point somewhere along the way!" Gray swipes with his sword and easily breaks the ice around Lyon's hand. "Someone as blind as you could never be better than Ur! Not in a hundred years!" Lyon stares at him with wide stunned eyes. "Wake up, Lyon!!"

Gray swipes his sword across Lyons stomach, only for Lyon to shatter in an Ice Clone.

"Fooled you, didn't I?!" Lyon shouts triumphantly as he appears behind Gray, holding out a hand. "Ice Make: Snow Tiger!"

A tiger made of ice growls as it lunges for Gray. Gray leaps into the air and calls out, "Ice Make: Prison!" He throws a prison of ice down on the Ice Tiger, before flipping backwards to stand on top of it.

"You see this, Lyon? This is what you are!" Gray tells him.

"What?!"

"A beast in a cage, lashing out at a world he barely knows!"

"Utter nonsense! I'll make quick work of that spell of yours!" Lyon holds out two fingers in an attempt to free his Ice Tiger. It lashes at the prison it's trapped in, but fails to get free.

Gray says as he jumps to the floor, "Single handed spell casting is too unbalanced. Your creations will let you down when you need them the most."

Gray slaps his right fist against his left palm and calls out, "Ice Cannon!" A cannon made of ice appears in his hands, and Gray lets out a blast of ice that strikes Lyon as he screams. A hole is also blasted through the temple wall.

"Ur taught us that, remember?" Gray says, his Ice Cannon having disappeared.

"Gray...!" Lyon gasps before he collapses on his back.

Gray lets out a sigh, but then grunts in pain at the wound in his stomach. "Oh, man! I should've sealed up this wound earlier!"

Suddenly, an ear piercing roar fills the air, causing Lucy to cover her ears as she screams frightfully. Happy exclaims, "My ears weren't ready for this!!"

Erza says worriedly, "That doesn't sound too promising!"

Natsu cries, his hands covering his ears, "IT'S SO LOUD!!"

"MY EARS!!" Reina screams, covering her ears with her hands, her eyes squeezed shut. Crimson red eyes flash behind the ice prison, and Natsu's eyes widen when the demon's head breaks out of the prison first. Reina snaps her eyes open and gasps in horror at the sight, feeling her heart stop as her arms drop to her sides.

"YES!! IT'S FREE!!" Zalty yells triumphantly.

By now, the top half of the demon's body has broken out of its prison.

"... That sound...!" Gray gasps, feeling his heart beat in fear as memories of the demon destroying his home, him as a child crying over his father's dead body, and Ur sacrificing herself as she seals the demon away, flash through his mind, one after another. "I can never forget that sound!"

"Deliora...!" Lyon whispers in shock as he lies spread eagled on the floor.

Clenching his right fist, Gray thinks fearfully, "They did it! They actually revived it! There's only one thing I can do now... Iced Shell!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 317 32
After her friends disappear with Tenrou Jima, a hole appeared in Yume Dragneels life. Her brother and everyone is gone. She grows distant to the othe...
487K 14K 182
"rαe ĸιɴɢ ιѕ α ѕweeт ɴαмe, ιѕɴ'т ιт? yeт ѕoυɴdѕ ѕo dαɴɢeroυѕ." After years going on numerous jobs, finally Rae King, the Dark Enchantress is back. Wi...
1K 47 21
Men believe that the best of people come from the worst of disasters. This is one of those cases. Xavier Shiryu was one of the inhabitants of a peac...
7.6K 270 11
It's the apocalypse and you get granted one chance to save the world. So who do you ask for? The one and only E.N.D. You and Natsu embark on a journe...