𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓔𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓐...

By mrsmclaren

𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 Benedict Bridgerton falls for the Queen's adopted daughter More

☆CHARACTERS☆
PROLOGUE
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n

o n e

5.6K 110 11
By mrsmclaren

°●•~♡~•●°

                            GROVENOR SQUARE, 1813. deareat Reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Featherington. Three misses foisted upon the marriage market like sorrowful sows by their tasteless...tactless mama.

Far better odds  might exist in the household of the Widowed viscountess Bridgerton. A shockingly prolific family, noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters.

Eloise groans slightly as she desends the stairs along side her younger sister Francesca " I am already Roasting." Eloise complains, fanning herself.

" Are you to complain the entire day, Eloise?" Francesca asked as she trailed behind one of her eldest sisters. Eloise was one to complain quite a bit and no one bothered to listen as it often got annoying.

" Surely I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day." Eloise says as she reached the final few steps.

" I feel like a princess. Do I look like one?" Eloise's sister, Hyacinth asked her.

" Do you truly wish to know what I think you look like?" Eloise scoffed as her feet hit the floor after climbing down the hundreds of stairs they had in their home. " On your left!" The youngest brother Yelled as he ran down the stairs pushing past his younger sister Hyacinth. " Oh, Gregory!" Hyacinth Yelled as she chased after him. The two other girls slowly approached their elder brothers not paying attention to their two younger siblings being a nuisance.

" Is our dear sister still not ready?" Asked the one and only Benedict Bridgerton.

" Oh. She's only been readying herself the entire night" Francesca said admiring the fact her sister may be labeled as the seasons Diamond..

" You mean her entire life?" Eloise corrects rudely.

" I shall run up stairs and hasten her along" Colin, the third eldest Bridgerton son suggests walking towards the stairs. " No- Colin wait. I'll do it." Benedict said stopping his brother in his tracts.." She likes me better than you, Benedict" Colin scuffed.

" Did she say that?" Benedict asked smartly.

" Everyone says that." Colin smirked.
Eloise rolled her eyes and let out a groan of frustration, pushing past her brothers.

" DAPHNE!" Eloise shouted making every maid and man in the house stop dead in their tracks looking at the small girl." YOU MUST MAKE HASTE!" She continued, soon after silence filled the house before the girl turned around and smiled at her brothers. " Should you think she heard me?" Colin smiled softly and Benedict just stood their looking at his sister with his jaw dropped words weren't anything he could have possibly mustered up.

      How very perfect, indeed! Every young lady and their many sisters and mamas made their way out their house finally all ready for the social gathering of the season. 

Everyone had gotten into their carriages and began to ride away making their way to Buckingham house for this special occasion that would take place in her majesty the Queen's presentation room.

" Any sign of him yet?" Voilet Bridgerton, the mother of all the children asked her second eldest son. Benedict looked at his mother and sighed knowing exactly what his brother was doing. He had no clue of where he may have been, but he did know he was off somewhere doing the deed with some commoner.

" Should your brother wish to be obeyed as Lord Bridgerton. He must act as Lord Bridgerton. Where is he, Benedict?" His mother asked.

" I do not know." The young lad answered his mother preparing himself to take off on his horse. " Hmm" Voilet hummed before she walked.

Everyone sat in their seats as the horse began to pull the carriage and take everyone to their destination. Once they made their arrival. The three Bridgerton boys– minus their missing elder brother of course. Stood beside each other watching their sister and mother's get out from the carriage.

Daphne stared at the wonderful building not having been here before considering Eden always Suggested they go on a walk out in the land, instead of conversating at either ones house.

" Anthony! You are here." Daphne says, her tone and expression oozing with relief and excitement.

" Of course I am here, sister. I'd never miss such an important day for you and our family." Anthony smiled at his younger sisters joy for his return.

" No, you would just be late for it." Voilet chimed in as she stared at her eldest son, giving him a stern look.
" Shall we?" Anthony says holding his arm out to Daphne, ignoring his mother's glares.

                  Today is a most important day, and for some a terrifying one, for today is the London's marriage-minded misses are presented to Her majesty the Queen.  May God have mercy on their souls.

Not only was it the day for the young women to be presented to the queen today was also the day, The Princess would be presented to the Ton and allowed to roam free among Grovenor Square and where ever she pleased to go.
But for now, Gentle Readers let's focus on the potential Diamonds of the season rather then the permanent Diamond of England...

" Miss Prudence Featherington, Miss Phillipa Featherington, and Miss Penelope Featherington... all presented by their mother, the right Honorable Lady Featherington." The caller; called out the family allowing the huge doors to open and the three gingered haired girls and their mama, walked out making their way to where Her majest sat down.

Music began to play as the three squeezed themselves through the door not even bothering to walk out one by one and not look so cramped in together.

The queen held a scowl on her face, not her unusual mean resting face but this expression had more boredom that was held in every detail of her face.

                      It is only the Queen's eye that matters today. A glimmer of displeasure... and a young ladys value plummets to unthinkable depths.

One of the gingers had fallen face first due to how hot she may have felt, or perhaps it was her nerves that caused her whole body to shut down. What ever it was Her majesty the Queen sure wasn't interested in finding out. Her majesty fanned the four of them away, awaiting the next girls and the presentation of her daughter.

" Miss Daphne Bridgerton, presented by her mother the Right Honorable, the Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton." The caller spoke, as the doors once again opened up presenting a beautiful girl and her mother. The one and Only Daphne and Violet Bridgerton. Daphne held a small smile on her face as she side eyed her siblings seeing the proud looks on their face.

Daphne bowed down waiting for a response from the queen, looking at the carpet beneath her feet. Nothing but pure silence filled the room, everyone including Daphne began to grow anxious. The queen slowly stood up and made her way over to the Bridgerton girl. Using her gloved hand and placed it on the girls chin to redirect her attention to her. Daphne stood up and her bright blue eyes stared into the Queen's brown ones, her face held no emotion and it made the girl fear Her majesty's next words.

" Flawless, my dear." Spoke the Queen before she grabbed Daphnes face softly and placed a kiss to her cheek.

Bowing again Daphne began to unnoticeably freak out. " Did that truly just happen?" Daphne spoke in disbelief.

" Keep smiling, Dearest. They are watching you... now more then ever." Her mother spoke.

             But as we know, the brighter a lady shines, the faster she may burn.

Everyone thought as though it were the end since Daphne was the last of the girls until the caller at the door spoke once more. If Daphne Bridgerton was called Flawless what would The Princess be labeled as by the ton? We shall see.

" And last but certainly not least! Presenting The Princess Of England. Welcome Your Royal Highness, Princess Eden!" The caller introduced as the doors opened for the final time presenting a brown skinned girl with curly hair. Her dress was beautiful and the way she walked showed perfection..

Anthony stood their mesmerized at her beauty. Benedict was too Busy arguing with Eloise to realize the rarest jewel that stood in front of nearly the whole town. Everyone cheered and clapped and they didn't know who she was but enjoyed that they now knew. The queen knew Mamas and Papas would be talking to their sons into getting them to court her. As the girls beauty and title would be a true blessing. But the queen knew she had the overall power to grant their wishes and she would surely deny anyone she saw as an unwanted match for her child.

Eden walked down the asile, feeling her hands shake in need of wanting to clench her fist or simply play with her hair. But she kept her composure and owned the moment like her mother encouraged her to do so. She knew her mother would be proud of her, both her birth mother and Her majesty The Queen.

Soon enough the Princess got her compliment from a few people and the gathering ended. Eden didn't know if she should be thankfull it was over or sad, due to the fact she wanted to work on how to socialize with other beings she's never been around before. But it was an obvious fail...

As everyone began to leave she saw Daphne making her way to her Carriage.

" Daphne!" She called making the girl turn around.

" Eden! How lovely it is you are here. I've been meaning to have a small chat with you. Perhaps we can schedule a tea or something of the sort?" Daphne spoke with a smile.

" Of c-course Daphne, I'll s-s-see you then. I'll have, Adam call for you w-when I am ready to gather." Eden smiled before Daphne continued to make her way to the carriage. Eden turned on her heel ever so slightly and made her way back to the Palace where she'd get ready to do her daily duties and prepare for tea Time with Miss Bridgerton.

            It has been said that, " Of all bitches dead or alive, a scribbling woman is most canine." If that should be true, then this author would like to show you her teeth. My name is Lady Whistledown. You do not know me, and rest assured, you never shall. But be forewarned, dear reader, I certainly know you.

This is me signing off for now as it is come to the end of the gathering. This is nowhere near the end of Princess Edens story....

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this. I'm actually feeling motivated in finishing this book and having a spin off with Anthony and his love.

Also silly Benedict, not paying attention to the presentation of his (gonna quote king George) possible future happiness ;)

VOTE
COMMENT
MAYBE ADD TO YOUR LIBRAY

°•~~•°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 2.1K 27
Yo another fan fic! I do not own the series or books. I am not going to be too faithful to the storyline so think of it as an AU where everything is...
142K 2.7K 27
☾︎ 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗, 𝚊 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚞𝚗𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚗�...
738K 16.2K 37
Olivia Borough (17) is Lady Bridgerton's niece who got abandoned after her mother passed away. Now that her father has died too, there is no other op...
33.2K 1K 21
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗳𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸, 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗱 �...