This Feeling

By Urban_Elle

As a beauty entrepreneur and public figure, Nicole knows how important it is to look good on the outside. She... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 18

435 24 3
By Urban_Elle

"As long as they pretty, you know I'ma get it and spend it on you, bae
I know I been busy, don't give em' no time
And no n*ggas, I hope I ain't too late (don't do that)
Bad and you know it, show me that bag you know that you want
Go up on a Tuesday
Girl, I want you."
Babyface Ray ft. Blxst & Nija "Spend It"

Nicole

"Can you hand me that brush?" I asked Tucson.

It's our last day in Vegas, and I am mostly packed up and ready to go when we leave tomorrow morning. The only stuff I still have outside of my bags are my toothbrush, deodorant, lotion perfume, makeup bag, and outfits for today and tomorrow. I don't want to leave anything in my hotel room.

"This one?"

"Yes, Tucson. The only brush that's on that table."

"My bad. Wait, let me borrow it."

"Boy, you got locs in your head. What are you going to do with a brush?"

"You should have seen what he did with mine." Tae commented, looking away from his phone.

"Which was what?"

"Shut up!" Tucson warned Tae, pointing at him with a stern look on his face.

"I hope it's not what I'm thinking because I'm going to need you to keep your paws off my brushes."

"Nicole, have you ever done an*l?"

"No, and I really don't plan on it."

"Why?"

"I don't know. It just makes me cringe thinking about my bootyhole being stretched like that. I'm good."

"Girl, you don't know what you're missing."

"Ummm, can y'all go get ready? What I do with my *ss is my business."

"I thought you were waiting for Dewayne so we could go to the mall and then grab something to eat."

"I don't know where he's at. I'm going to call him again, but go shower."

"Fine." They groaned, reluctantly getting up from the bed and walking to their rooms. Tae's room is to the left of mine with an adjoining door, while Tucson's is to the right.

I laid back on the bed with my robe on and picked up my phone to FaceTime my man.

"Yes, Nic Nic."

"How far are you?"

"I told you I was 20 minutes away, 5 minutes ago."

"When did you tell me that?"

"I sent you a text."

"Oh."

"You miss me that much?"

"Boy, I expect you to do the dash about me. I'm all that and a bag of chips."

"Trust me, I know that. I'm going to be there soon. You need to be somewhere right now?"

"We wanted to go to the mall and eat before the concert later. I want to be at Zara when it first opens because I know it's going to be crazy with the ongoing sale."

"Wait for me. I'm almost there."

"I'm hungry too."

"I'm not playing with you Nic Nic. I'll get you whatever you want."

"I guess." I pouted.

"I'll see you in a minute. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye."

I dropped my phone onto the pillow and rubbed the back of my neck. It feels so stiff and I'm not sure why. I slept well and was not on top of anything that would hurt my neck. While I rotated my neck, my phone started ringing. I grabbed it and answered the call without keeping the caller ID, thinking it was Dewayne calling me.

"Hello?"

"Is that my beautiful Nicole?" I immediately recognized the voice. It was Kyle's mother.

"Yes, it is. How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty well. You?"

"I'm fine. What's going on?"

"I just wanted to call you and apologize."

"Apologize? You haven't offended me."

"I did. I should have believed you when you said Shirley was lying. She told me the truth about everything."

"Really? I can't believe it." I pretended to sound shocked.

"I just can't believe I fell for her lies. I should have known my son was better than that. He was a real, honest man and wouldn't have stooped so low to have a child with her."

"I think there was a part of you that really wanted it to be true because it would mean that you still had a living piece of him."

"I think you're right. But I now realize that with or without a grandchild, his spirit still lives on and that's all I need. So, I told Shirley to leave me the h*ll alone, or else I would have her arrested. I mean, if she could lie about something so serious, she could do anything"

"I wonder what made her confess." I smirked.

"Probably a guilty conscience."

"That's true. Let's forget that devil in disguise, how are you and Dewayne?"

"We're good. I'm not a fan of us being apart with both of us being on the road, but we're making it work. I'm going to see him today and we're going to see your crush love tonight."

"Not my Usher."

"Yes ma'am. The one and only."

"Ooouuu, I'm going to see him in October and when he comes into the VIP section, I'm going to do more than just dance with him, I'm going to make him fall in love with me. I'm going to be sexy as h*ll."

"Okay, I see you. You do know that he has a girlfriend, right?"

"I don't want him for real. Maybe just for one night."

"I hear you. I'll let you know how it goes."

"Take a lot of pictures and videos, but also live in the moment and have a great time. I'm really happy for you and Dewayne."

"Thank you. We're just letting things flow naturally and enjoying each other."

"Make sure I get an invitation to the wedding."

"I will, but that's not happening anytime soon."

"It might be happening sooner than you think."

"What do you mean?" Does she know something I don't?

"Oh, nothing. I'll talk to you soon. I didn't want to take too much of your time. I know you're busy."

"It's okay. We'll talk soon. Take care of yourself."

"You too. Bye, Nicole."

"Bye."

Let me just give a rundown of what Shirley had going on that made her treacherous *ss lie on Kyle and try to get a check.

So, it was a couple of months after Kyle was first diagnosed with cancer that Shirley started getting in contact with her ex-boyfriend. They secretly started f*cking with each other again and she eventually left Kyle when he was at his lowest. When Kyle and I were together, she had gotten pregnant but her baby's father ended up going to prison for robbing a grocery store. The police were waiting for his dumb *ss outside when he dropped from an air duct and fell into a trash can. He was sentenced to seven years.

Though it looks like it was Shirley's boyfriend's idea to come up with the fake paternity to extort money from Kyle's mother, Shirley still went along with it and is just as guilty. I just feel bad for their baby boy because he has parents like that. That lab tech deserves to be locked up with those two, but I think he'll think twice before scheming like that again.

My efforts to find out the truth was not because I'm still in love with Kyle or because I wanted to be the one to have his child. Imagine someone painting a negative picture about a person that you built a deep connection with, whether that's your blood relative, friend, or lover. They just told likes that about that person and tried to convince you that they were someone completely different. Even after death, people can put dirt on your name and that's not right if you're innocent. I would have done that for anybody I cared about.

Believe me, if you want.

I heard a knock at the door. I jumped up from the bed and went to open it up. I was so excited. My smile was huge and it fell a little bit when I saw that it was Choyce.

"Oop. My bad."

"You're good. I just thought it was-."

"Your boo."

"Yeah. What do you need girl?"

"Do you think these Dunks or these sandals go better with this dress?" She was wearing a light blue, denim mini-dress.

"I would say go with the Dunks. Walking around the mall with sandals will make your feet hurt after a while."

"You're right. Thank you, Nic."

"You're welcome. Did Karin and Eva come back from the gym?"

"Yeah, they're getting ready right now."

"Alright, let them know we'll leave in an hour." I looked at the time and saw it was 9:59.

"Okay, I will." There was another knock at the door. Choyce and I just looked at each other. She grinned as she went to look through the peephole.

"I think you have a very special visitor."

"Choyce, stop playing." I started blushing.

"I'm not." She opened the door wider and revealed Dewayne standing there with a laptop bag over his shoulder and a pink box in his hands.

"There goes my baby." He sang.

"Baby!" I ran to hug him. "I missed you."

"I missed you more love."

"I'll leave you two alone." Choyce whispered.

"Thank you." I giggled. "I feel like I haven't been able to see you in forever."

"I know. I kept thinking about you like crazy. I'm just happy to have you back in my arms even for just one night."

"Then we should make every minute count."

"We got time?"

"Like 40 minutes."

"Say less." We didn't waste any time hopping into bed and doing what needed to be done.

After our quickie, we showered together and I threw on a cropped tee. I made sure to lotion up my legs real good and my feet since my toes would be out.

"Where did you get this cut from?" I touched the spot right above his right brow.

"I was trying to trim down my brows because they looked a little bushy and I cut myself, putting too much pressure on my skin. It's fine now. I put some Neosporin on it."

"Your brows look good though. Good job." I kissed him.

"I learned from the best."

"Period."

"Don't start that sh*t."

"What? I'm a city girl for life." I laughed.

"You can't be a city girl and be with me."

"What about in the bedroom?"

"We can make that work."

"So, what's in this box?"

"Oh, I almost forgot. I got two surprises in here for you."

"What are they?"

"Open it up and see."

"I need to find some scissors."

"I got scissors." I heard Tae say from behind the adjoined door.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Just now."

"Just slide them under the door. Go get Tucson, and we'll meet y'all in the lobby in five minutes."

"Got it."

"He's got issues."

"Tell me about it."

"Who this for?" I heard him ask. I didn't look up as I was cutting open the flaps of the box.

"What?"

"Who is this for Nic?" I looked at what he was gesturing at and it was Tucson's hoodie on the back of the recliner in the room.

"Oh, it's Tucson. He forget to take it with him this morning."

"Did he spend the night in here?"

"Yeah. We were watching Love and Hip Miami and then catching up on The Jersey Shore: Family Vacation."

"He slept on the bed?"

"No, he slept on the recliner. What's up with all these questions?"

"I was just curious."

"Oh."

"Wait, was he in here when you had your robe on?"

"Yeah, both Tae and Tucson were in here."

"Why would you be around them with nothing with a robe on?"

"They're gay, remember?"

"That don't mean nothing. At the first glance at some *ss and titties, they can throw all that out the window."

"You need help." I chuckled.

"I'm just saying." He shrugged.

"You did not." I gasped. I pulled out the first item from the box. It was a vinyl on the Wasteland album and it was signed by Brent himself.

"I did." Dewayne smiled.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I kissed him. Brent had me heated when he announced his tour dates and he wasn't coming to Atlanta. Dewayne was at the Broccoli City Festival, so I guess that's where he got this.

I started collecting vinyls of some of my favorite albums. I was so mad that were sold out online.

"You're welcome. There's still one more surprise." I pulled out this large box and removed the lid. It was a charm bracelet.

"This is gorgeous."

"I had the charms customized with a photo of you in every role you play. A daughter, a friend, a boss, a philanthropist, a wife, and a mother."

"Wife? Who's my husband?"

"I'm right here baby."

"Did we get married and I wasn't aware?"

"It's coming soon."

"Okay, sir. Does that also refer to me being a mother?"

"Yup."

"I'll be waiting. This is beautiful. Thank you."

"You deserve this and more."

"Okay, come on. We need to get out of here." I grabbed my jeans and pulled them up my legs. It has been crazy hot at every stop we have made, but Vegas has been cool. I haven't worn jeans in a long time and this is a perfect opportunity.

"You need help?"

"Please?" He helped me pull the jeans over my butt.

What did Beyonce say? If you don't jump to put jeans on, baby, you don't feel my pain.

I lowkey have a cramp in my left leg, but it'll go away when I walk it out.

"Damn, that *ss is fat."

"I got it from my Momma."

"Remind me to thank her."

"Dewayne, let's go." I grabbed my bag and key card. We took the elevator down from the ninth floor and found everyone waiting in the lobby. We walked outside and Tae started looking around.

"Where's the van?"

"We're walking."

"What?"

"The mall is literally two blocks away."

"Man, that's crazy."

Chile, when I say Zara was packed, I mean like a bee hive. Tae and Karin went to Diesel, Tucson went to Abercombie, and the rest of us shopped at Zara.

I was really just looking for some dresses for when we would go out for dinner and a pair of white heels.

I tried some things on and had Dewayne give me his opinion. He really liked this red dress I picked up.

"I like how it's like, twisted in the back."

"You mean ruched?"

"Yeah, that." I shook my head, giggling.

Once I was finished, we went to the checkout line. We stood in it for like 25 minutes before we got to a cashier. I wish all Zaras had self-checkout stations. Dewayne paid for everything which came up to almost $500.

Thank you to my man.

We also went to Express and Savage X Fenty before we all met up in the food court. I grabbed some Chipotle for myself. When I sat down at our table, I pulled my hair back in a ponytail and slid up the sleeves of my cardigan before picking up my bowl and fork.

I heard Tae and Tucson laughing. I looked at them and they shut up real quick. That's what I thought.

After we wrapped up eating lunch, we went back to the hotel. Drwayen and I were both knocked out for a couple of hours. When we woke up, we went for another round and started getting ready at 6. The concert was going to start around 9 pm.

Everybody managed to get ready on time and we left the hotel by 7:30.

"Dewayne's ready to be bad. He needs a bad girl. Get at Nicole, she's a bad girl." Tucson sang.

"Yo, did y'all give this man an edible? He has been on ten since we got in this van."

"He's just annoying and is seeking attention." Tae rolled his eyes.

"N*gga, shut the f*ck up. Just because nobody is checking for you and whatever you got going on, doesn't mean the rest of us should act like a wet blanket." I'm staying out of this. They argue every day and are friends at the end of the day. When you finally come across someone who acts just like you, you realize that you're annoying as h*ll.

"Man, go somewhere with that receding hairline."

"My hairline may be receding, but at least I wasn't accused of stealing my customers' money."

"Yeah, just like you were accused of being in love with your best friend."

"Okay, guys stop." Karin said.

"Hold up."

"Babe." Dewayne tried to calm me down.

"Nah, I need to address this because I'm tired of this sh*t. We can joke around, but when you bring up things that are nothing to play with, that's where the problem is. Tae, you know you are dead wrong for bringing up that sh*t about Tucson and me. You know damn well how hard I've been trying to ignore the rumors all these blogs have been spreading about him being in love or obsessed with me. Why would you say something that?"

"I was just mad. He was getting on my nerves."

"For that to come out your mouth, how can be so sure you're not one of those people who are going around with this lie?"

"Nicole, you know me better than that. I would never do or say anything that would hurt you or your relationship. I'm sorry."

"And you Tucson, as a business owner yourself, what happened to Tae could have happened to you. being accused of stealing people's money can really damper your reputation. You know what really happened. His shipments were delayed and everybody wanted refunds which he gave so don't f*cking play like that."

"I know. I just felt like coming for him the way he came at me with that low blow. I'm sorry."

"I just want to enjoy this night with my man and have the time of my life at this concert. So, get y'all sh*t together. If you don't have nice good to say, don't say nothing at all!"

"Period b*tch!" Eva clapped.

"I think I saw a kid on the side of the road." Tucson commented.

"Carlee, shut up." Tae responded.

"We good?"

"We good."

"Nicole?"

"You still love us?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Not really, no." They hugged me and the van came to a stop.

"I guess we're here." The driver came and opened the door, helping the ladies out of the vehicle.

"You good?" Dewayne pulled me aside as the rest of the crew went ahead. 

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm ready to have a good time. I wanna leave Vegas with a bang."

"Then, let's do just that." We entered the venue and I got myself a drink. The girls and I took pictures while everybody was getting seated and we were waiting for the experience to begin.

"You're a mother, Karin." I turned my head to see Dennis on Karin's phone screen.

"What did you say, Dennis?"

"I'm just messing with y'all."

"You better be. This beautiful mother has it all together and going on. Don't play with her."

"Yes, ma'am. Y'all enjoy your night."

"We will. I love you, baby."

"I love you too."

"I'll be your groupie, baby. 'Cause you are my superstar." Dewayne sang loud and proud to me.

"He just winked at me!" Tucson screamed and fell back into Tae's arms. Tae's face nearly killed me as I died with laughter.

The night was bomb. Usher looks good, sounds good, and he genuinely looks like he's enjoying every bit of performing. I heard he's going overseas. I wouldn't mind making a trip over to France for another show.

At the end of the show, we walked down the street to meet the driver because the traffic wasn't allowing anyone to move near the entrance of the venue. While I was hugging Dewayne's torso, my phone vibrated and I checked the notification. It was an email from Quest Diagnostics. It was for a survey based on my last visit.

That's true. I never went back to my account to check the test result. I might as well do it now. I logged into my account and opened the second message that mentioned that my test result was ready. My heart dropped lower than a casket being put into the ground when I read: Blood Type: A.

The whole ride back to the hotel I was quiet and sick to my stomach. Could the lab have gotten it wrong? Maybe my parents don't know their blood types.

The worst-case scenario is that they're not my real parents.

"Nic, you okay?"

"I don't know if it's the drink, but I'm feeling a little sick." He placed the back of his hand on my forehead and neck.

"You need to get some rest. Let's get you freshened up and in bed."

"You're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad?"

"You wanted to take me over the balcony when we came back from the concert."

"Baby, your health means more to me. Come on. I'll order you some tea."

"Thank you."

I pray I'm just overreacting. I can't take another loss. I just can't.

*Vote and comment. Thank you 🙏 for reading 📖!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.9K 31
Interracial Imagines about Justin Bieber! Request welcomed!
55K 1.4K 32
It was simple. She was beautiful. And I almost killed her. ---------- cover by AvaBrielle being edited
10.4K 543 24
"Beautiful souls are shaped by ugly experiences." Matshona Dhliwayo *UPDATES: EVERY WEEK*
1.5M 86.5K 63
"You trust me?" I look up at him, staring into his light brown eyes that stared directly at me. It felt like he was staring into my soul trying to re...