You're A Keeper (GxG)

By JoBlackheart

Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone els... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue
Credit

Chapter Twenty One

153 9 13
By JoBlackheart

'Pay attention to your work, Maylee.'

Drew smiled amusedly at the bubbly brunette across from her in return, while putting down her phone on her desk after sending a text. Drew would never complain that Giselle didn't work much today, since their excitement overrode them both.

Wednesday, the middle of the week, the girls had been counting down for a sweet sleepover again after Giselle had confirmed with her dad that Drew could join the party.

The tension of meeting the parents eventually loosened up after Drew had seen how much Giselle was thrilled about her parents looking forward to seeing Drew. They even offered to let her stay at their house after the party ended.

With such promising news shared by the brunette and her helpful choice of a nice present for the birthday man, Drew felt safer and much better about the party.

'I did. I was 'googling' to help solve my work.'

The brunette shot a playful toothy grin at her senior before getting back to work. Giselle had given a nickname to her senior that she was her Miss Google during her work time because she could easily get an answer from her senior whenever she needed it.

Meanwhile, Giselle smiled in anticipation, with her fingers twirling the handset cord of her intercom and waited for a call from her senior across from her. But Drew's intercom ringing interrupted them, and she quickly picked up the phone.

"Hey Drew, it's Sam. I'm gonna do some 'housekeeping' updates for your PC." Sam was her teammate and Drew quickly checked the calendar and just realized another month had passed.

"Okay, hold on. Let me save my work and I'll leave it for you," Drew quickly said while saving her worksheet on her PC.

"Alright!"

They ended the call and Drew checked her work one more round before making a call for her teammate to proceed with his computer update of the month.

'So, who doesn't pay attention, huh?'

Drew read the text from the adorable brunette who was smirking at her. The taller girl just realized that was a reason Giselle was having her free time, since Sam had obviously done her computer first, and she eventually laughed and shook her head at Giselle and replied to her.

'You just love sneaky break times!'

Drew's intercom rang again, and she picked up, it was a call from Monica to ask her to see her for a work discussion. Drew exhaled softly knowing she wouldn't see her brunette until they met at her house in the evening.

When Drew was ready to go, she couldn't help but grin at Giselle who was pouting her lips and giving a sad goodbye wave to her senior. Drew gave a quick wave and headed out of the office, but she never forgot to steal a glance at the brunette who was busy again and left.

An hour had passed, and Drew had expected Monica would keep her stay longer for work discussion, especially during 'housekeeping' time. Sadly for Drew, she wasn't able to see Giselle after she returned to the office. The brunette had to head home on time because she had to be there early to be her parent's helping hand at the party.

Drew was getting eager to see her girl sooner and she hated that she was getting nervous again without Giselle by her side. Drew tried to brush off her tension and shut down her PC and headed back to her home to get ready without any delay.

A paper bag of the present joined a duffle bag of clothing that Drew had packed for tonight on the couch, she checked one last time and was ready to drive to Giselle's place.

The moment when Drew was driving to Giselle's house, every second of her heartbeat was beating fast. She was lying if she said she wasn't nervous at all, especially when it was time for her to finally meet Giselle's parents.

When Drew was driving getting close to the familiar single-story bungalow, she was searching for the only brunette in the group of people who were standing near the garage of the home.

She needed Giselle so badly for support even though she had seen Giselle's parents whenever she was sending Giselle home after their weekend dates. They had never talked before since it was only a polite wave as a nice greeting to each other before she left.

This time, Drew was officially seeing the parents in person. She was surprised that Giselle had an elder brother since she just told her recently, and he didn't live together with them. Curiosity kills the cat, and the relationship between the siblings seemed intriguing, but Drew wouldn't interfere until Giselle openly shared more about her brother with her.

Giselle was right, Drew needed to look for her when she reached the house, since guests' cars filled up all the empty spots outside of the house. Drew pulled over her car near the gate to the house, but when she was ready to make a call, she was relieved to finally see her stunning girl among the group of people in her sight.

The brunette's mesmerizing back was facing Drew. She had set her curly hair half up and down with a braided crown. She wore a soft pink sleeveless dress with the skirt that flared right below her waist to just above her knees and a pair of white low heeled shoes.  

Time seemed frozen for a beat when the moment Giselle turned back with a gorgeous smile on her lovely face that reflected in Drew's dark brown eyes. The brunette quickly waved at the guest and briskly walked toward her senior's black car.

Drew didn't waste any second and she leaned in the passenger seat to open the door for her girl to get in her car.

"Oh god! You're so gorgeous!" Giselle said breathlessly while looking at her senior and letting her hand shut the car door behind her. The brunette's light brown eyes were gazing at her senior's face, and she seemed to want to lean in for a kiss but held back and behaved.

Drew would always have such an effect on her girl, and a bashful heat rushed over her pale face after a sweet comment from Giselle. "Well, that's unfair. You stole my line," Drew was still able to joke and a smirk played on her face while she started a slow drive to get them further away from the crowd while waiting for Giselle to show her the directions to park the car.

"I mean it!" Giselle said as her smile still lingered on her face and playfully poked her senior's upper arm while she started giving the direction for Drew to go.

"How come? It's just a white top, jeans, and sneakers that you practically see every time we hang out," Drew chuckled and thought Giselle was always being sweet to her.

"I just like the way you wear it," Giselle carefully pecked her senior's cheek and held the lock of the silky dark hair as she started playing and murmured, "You have nice hair that makes me jealous."

"No way. I would prefer your style," Drew smiled at the brunette as she parked her car under a tree at the other corner lot of the house.

Right before Drew could unfasten her seatbelt, Giselle cupped her senior face and turned to face her before giving a firm and longing kiss. "Oh God, it seemed to take us forever to get a sweet one," Giselle said between their lips while looking into her senior's eyes.

Drew used a hand to cradle Giselle's face and she pecked the pouty lips again and again and she said softly, "I can't wait to get more from you when we're alone again."

The girls looked at each other's lips and shared a laugh. Drew took out a bag of wet tissue from her handbag and took out a piece of tissue and carefully wiped the smeared lipstick on her lips while Giselle was doing the same for her senior.

After Drew reapplied the lipstick on the brunette's pouty lips, she leaned in and pressed her lips on it, and smiled, "Okay, done."

"It's a good thing we use the same color!" Giselle chimed in and she wiped the outline of Drew's lips with the wet tissue before Drew had to apply the lipstick to her lips properly.

Drew used a hand to cradle Giselle's face while gently using her thumb to brush Giselle's soft face. She was supposed to check the brunette's lipstick one more time, but she admired the close view of Giselle's hairdo. "So pretty," Drew said with a smile from the bottom of her heart.

The brunette's face was effectively tinted, and she smiled shyly, "Thank you." and gently touched the lock of her light brown hair and said with a small smile, "It's a handful when I set this hair within half an hour."

Drew chuckled and carefully touched Giselle's hair and her gaze followed her hand to reach the braid crown yet carefully ghosted them with her fingertips, afraid that she would mess up Giselle's hair. "But you did a good job for this. I like the braid."

"This was easy-peasy for me since I like to braid a lot!" Giselle grinned.

"I should ask you to do that for me someday!" Drew chimed in.

"Really? I had been looking forward to doing one for you!" Giselle replied excitedly.

"That's good," Drew chuckled and was tempted to kiss her girl but she didn't since she knew they didn't need to reply with their lipstick again.

"Shall we?" Giselle asked while Drew nodded her head in return.

"Stay here!" Giselle quickly said before getting out of the car and Drew chuckled while watching the adorable girl do her sweet job. Giselle was grinning from ear to ear and practically bounced a little when she was walking around to the driver seat and opened the door for Drew. Giselle stretched her tiny hand in front of her senior and said, "Welcome to the party, my special guest!"

Drew took Giselle's hand and pecked the back of her hand before holding it with both of her hands and said, "Thank you, Maylee. You are so sweet for doing this."

"I have to because I want to take care of you too!" Giselle grinned sweetly.

The pair started their romantic walk after Drew locked her car. Giselle was humming while happily holding her senior's arm which was her favorite way to walk. Giselle gently squeezed her senior's soft bicep and grinned to herself.

However, Drew had low self-esteem over her body, especially her arms. She had put so much effort into getting them lean. For Giselle, Drew's curves and height were perfect for her, and she didn't need a muscular woman. She just wanted a soft and cuddly body like Drew instead. 

Giselle giggled when Drew tried to stop her from squeezing her arm but joined her contagious laugh. "Hey, stop that! I'm so offended." Drew scolded jokingly but earned a louder giggle from the brunette and she eventually gave in and shook her head.

When they were reaching a corner, it was a sign they needed to behave. Giselle squeezed her senior's arm one more time before letting her arm free. They walked side by side chastely and eventually reached the bungalow house.

Drew didn't have a chance to speak as a group of older ladies surrounded her. She assumed that they were Giselle's aunties when they were busy scanning her from head to toe and whispering with each other. Eventually, their fake smile was immediately revealed within a second.

Drew wouldn't mind since living here most of the older ladies would live like CCTV. Drew finally got a chance to greet everyone and gave the present to Giselle's dad. She was getting relaxed after sharing a small talk with the friendly parents and she knew where Giselle's friendliness came from.

Giselle almost fully resembled her mother's features and height and she had her father's fair skin.

Gratefully, the parents didn't keep Drew for so long since they needed to entertain other guests in the house, and happily asked their beloved daughter to usher her senior to a place for her to sit and enjoy the party.

Drew was happy that Giselle's parents seemed to like her, because they had mentioned that she had taken care of their daughter a lot in her career. Deep down, she appreciated that Giselle had told a lot of her good side with her parents.

Giselle had assumed her aunties wouldn't leave Drew alone and they would have so much that they needed to know about her. Surprisingly, Drew handled it well and she seemed relaxed and even made some jokes and shared a few laughs with the aunties.

Giselle was grateful and she just quietly paid more attention to Drew's nice answers to feed the ladies instead of listening to the weird questions that they were asking.

"I'm not in a hurry to get married or even get a kid because I don't need a bad relationship. Marriage and making a family aren't a job, but a passion with the right one to work on it with," Drew finished and she entwined her hands to put them on her lap with a smile plastered on her face. The ladies were gaping at the taller girl with their mouths hung low.

"I agree!" Giselle eventually piped in, and the ladies just assumed that Giselle and Drew were too young, and they would be on the same page as each other to think about the family plan.

"I would look forward to a marriage if I really met the right one. I would be happy to work with my partner instead of letting him to do all his part to dominate our marriage instead. A marriage would only work if both parties were sharing the same page instead of against each other's thoughts," Drew explained truthfully.

"It's not just marriage, working life is also applicable to this!" Giselle chimed in smoothly.

"Well said!" a lazy clap and a slurry voice that had carried with a heavy amount of alcohol interrupted their conversation. Giselle's smile remained but could see it was stiff and the evidence in her eyes could tell she wasn't happy with this person around.

"Hey ladies," the man slurred with a hand holding a can of beer and his other hand pointed at Drew and smirked, "I think I know you, Drew. I could hear all the people around here talking about you."

Drew tilted her head in puzzlement, but the man gave her a lazy wave, "Nah, I'm messing with you. Just my mom and dad told me to greet a nice guest of Giselle's. So, here I am."

When he was ready to stretch out his hand Giselle quickly held Drew's upper arm as she looked at her senior and smiled, "Anyway, my bad for an interruption here. Drew, Meet my brother, Jordan." Giselle nicely indicated her brother in front of them to Drew and turned to her brother and said, "Jun Jie, meet Drew. My colleague."

Drew smiled and gave a wave as a relaxed greeting since her girl was holding her left arm. Deep down, she was grateful Giselle was doing her great job to avoid any body contact with Jordan, but his facial expression had changed fast and seemed unhappy with what his sister had done.

"Go get some drinks for guests," Jordan said with a hint of annoyance and he casually used his thumb to jerk in the direction of the guests behind him.

Giselle's smile became as a force, she courteously excused herself to the aunties around her and gracefully rose from the chair while Drew was doing the same and looked at Giselle and said loud enough for the group of people near them, "I'll go with you."

The smile that Giselle always had was resumed, and the pair happily walked in the direction of the bar station to get the drinks which was pretty a distance away from Jordan and the aunties. However, his fake laughter among the ladies could be heard far from them.

"Thank you for saving me," Drew said in a small voice for only Giselle to hear.

"Anytime. I knew what he wanted," Giselle grumbled and glared at her brother with a quiet huff. Drew found out a protective Giselle was adorable, and she said softly, "I like this side of you. A lot."

Giselle pursed her lips at her senior as she got teased, but in a split second the girls giggled together. "Hmm... I'm thinking I should get more beers for my VIP guests," Giselle grinned with a wink at Drew and she took a tray of beers and whispered, "Follow me."

Drew chuckled and followed her tiny girl and they entered the kitchen from the backdoor. The girls served a few cans of beers and soft drinks for the guests, and they kept half a dozen beers for themselves. They didn't forget to take a plate of snacks such as sausages, nuggets, and cookies.

Eventually, the girls reached and closed the door behind them in Giselle's room. They put the tray of food and cans on the desk table and sat behind the study desk. They each opened a can of beer and started eating the snacks.

Giselle hummed with her eyes closed while eating the cheese sausage. Drew was happily sipping the beer and the taste of sausage was like an addiction. The girls practically raced to finish the snacks while it lasted, giggling all the while.

Drew poked the last piece of sausage and grinned in victory and Giselle pouted her lips. Drew chuckled before feeding her girl and Giselle gladly took a bite and asked Drew to eat. Drew shook her head and said, "I would prefer to see you smile."

"Then you have to eat too! Sharing is caring," Giselle said as she took the fork with the sausage from Drew and fed her in return. The girls smiled with each other, and as Giselle checked the time, she knew it was time for them to join the birthday song and cake session with the birthday man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 156 9
Is it possible for someone to be in love with two people at the same time? Maybe not, but it is possible to be in love with your fake fiancés annoyi...
Morgan By S

Romance

19K 1.6K 40
Morgan *completed* A filler between (book 4-5) of the Alberta series. Morgan Keaton...unlucky in love, that is an absolute understatement. I'm curse...
46K 1K 31
For a long time, I've always seen couples and wondered when it would be my turn for my gay love story. I wondered about it as I drank my coffee. I be...
3M 79.1K 38
I was awakened by a buzz, but I don't want to get up, instead I lay still on my bed and about to dream again when I heard a THUD, I flinched at the s...