MLP Hero's Acceptance Arc 1:...

By Soule_Story

Not everyone is given a new chance at life. When Y/N stumbles on a sanctuary that other worlds are connected... More

Introduction
Ch. 1 A Hero's Beginning Part 1
Ch. 2 A Hero's Beginning Part 2
Ch. 3 Fresh Start
Ch. 4 Hero of Ponyville
Ch. 5 Mare In the Moon Part 1
Ch. 7 Ticket Struggles
Ch. 8 Griffon Shenanigans
Big News! Please Read!
Revamped Preview

Ch. 6 Mare in The Moon Part 2

755 12 27
By Soule_Story

Ch. 6 The Mare In The Moon Part 2

Nightmare Moon: *Glare* You shouldn't have done that.

She charges up her magic in her horn and fires a blast at Y/n, but he dodges by jumping into the air.

Y/N: Bring it, foal.

Nightmare Moon spreads her wings and follows Y/N into the air. She fires multiple magic blasts, but none of them hit Y/N. One of them blasts through the ceiling of the town hall and Y/N decides to fly through the hole it made so that nopony else is in danger.

Nightmare Moon: Get back here!

She follows Y/N through the hole and keeps firing blasts of magic at him, but thanks to his maneuvering, he could avoid all of them. Once he sees an opening, he catches some wind and flies backwards catching Nightmare Moon off-guard. Y/N turns around and kicks Nightmare Moon in the face with his hind legs.

Y/N: You couldn't hit the side a barn!

Nightmare Moon can't believe Y/N has landed a hit on her and now insulted her like this. She growls with fury and Y/N can see the rage in her eyes.

Y/N: (Maybe I went too far)

Nightmare Moon: You. Little. MAGGOT!!

The rest of the mane 6 and Spike rush out of the town hall to see that Nightmare Moon is furious.

Rarity: Watch out, darling!

Fluttershy: *Shaking* N-Nightmare M-Moon is too s-scary.

Rainbow Dash: He needs help!

She tries to fly up to Y/N and Nightmare Moon, but she is stopped by Applejack grabbing her tail again.

Applejack: What are you gonna do? That's Nightmare Moon!

Rainbow Dash: Well, we can't just leave Y/N to fight that monster himself!

Pinkie Pie: Why? He can beat that meanie.

Spike: You really think so?

Pinkie Pie: Yeah!

Twilight: I don't think so. All he's doing is annoying her.

Y/N tries to do the kick Nightmare Moon again, but she turns into the blue smoke again and he phases right through her. Afterwards, her head reappears, and she hits Y/N with a blast of magic.

Y/N: *Groans* She can just turn into smoke at will? How can I defeat something I can't touch?

Nightmare Moon: "How", indeed.

She completely turns into smoke again, but this time, the smoke spreads out and surrounds Y/N until he is trapped in a ball.

Mane 6: Y/N!

Inside the ball of smoke, Y/N is looking for anyway out, but all he sees is darkness. He tries flying through the smoke ball, but he hits it like a wall. He keeps trying different spots, but no luck. Y/N feels something hit him in the back and is pushed into the wall again. He sees something charging and realizes it's a magic blast. He ducks down and the blast misses him by an inch and blasts out of the sphere, but it immediately gets sealed up again. The mane 6 see this happen and worry for Y/N's safety.

Fluttershy: *Shaking* Is he okay?

More magic blast come out of the sphere indicating that Y/N is still fighting. It's like a fireworks show.

Applejack: I don't know. I can't see him at all.

Pinkie Pie: Don't worry, Y/N's strong and smart. He can beat her.

As this is happening, Twilight worries the most as she has an idea of what's going on inside.

Twilight: It's so one sided. Y/N can't even touch her anymore.

The sphere starts to shrink, and everyone gets worried again.

Rarity: If that thing gets too small, Y/N won't be able to move at all!

Spike: Is there anything we can do?

Rainbow Dash: That's it! I'm going in!

Rainbow Dash frees herself from Applejack's grasp and flies up to the sphere. She hits and kicks the sphere with all her strength, but it doesn't do anything.

Rainbow Dash: Come on!

Inside the sphere, Y/N could feel the space to move in was getting smaller and smaller. It was almost to a point where he couldn't even move. He has to stand still so that he can hold the sphere back from crushing him, but that left him vulnerable.

Nightmare Moon: Gotcha.

Y/N sees a lot of magic build up from above him, but there was nothing he could do. Nightmare Moon fires her blast, and it hits Y/N on his back and wings. He is sent through the sphere straight into the ground at such a velocity that he forms a crater.

Mane 6: Y/N!

All of them rush to the crater and see Y/N laying at the center of it. They hurry to his side and see the hit he took on his back.

Twilight: This is bad.

Rarity: What should we do?

They hear Nightmare Moon's evil laugh as her smoke follows Y/N's path to the ground and she turns back to normal in front of all of them. They all stand their ground except for Fluttershy who was hiding behind Rainbow Dash.

Nightmare Moon: The fowl got what he deserves. Nopony stands up to me!

She cackles again as she turns back into the smoke and floats away out of Ponyville. Rainbow Dash tries to fly after her, but Nightmare Moon is too fast and disappears into the Everfree Forest.

Rainbow Dash: Come back here!

Y/N: *Straining* Stop!

Rainbow Dash stops when she hears Y/N's voice and the mane 6 look at him to see he is trying to stand up but is struggling.

Applejack: You shouldn't try to stand, sugar cube.

Y/N: *Straining* It . . . It doesn't matter if she knocked me down. I'll just get back up!

Fluttershy: But . . . your wings.

Y/N: What about my . . . WINGS!!

Y/N turns his head to see that his wings had been damaged and lost a lot of their feathers.

Spike: They've been fried.

Rainbow Dash: There's no way you can fly in this condition.

He knew it was true, but Y/N didn't care. He wanted to press on, but his body wouldn't let him.

Y/N: That doesn't matter . . . I . . . I've got to . . . to . . . to . . .

Y/N collapses from exhaustion, but Rarity catches him before he hits the ground.

Rarity: I've got you, Darling.

She sets Y/N on the ground and each of the mane 6 are extremely worried. They try to think of what to do, and as they are talking, Twilight gallops back to the library with Spike on her back to try and find a way to stop Nightmare Moon.

Pinkie Pie: What do we do?

Applejack: I don't know. This isn't some creature from the Everfree Forest. This is a real threat. It was too much for Y/N alone.

Fluttershy: We need to get him to a doctor.

Rarity: Agreed.

Rainbow Dash: Hey, where'd that new mare go?

The rest of the mane 5 look around and realize that Twilight has run off. Rainbow Dash suspects Twilight might be up to something and flies off to find her.

Rainbow Dash: What is she up to?

~

Back at the Golden Oak Library, Twilight tucks Spike into bed so that he can try to get some sleep after such a long night, despite him wanting to help find a way to stop Nightmare Moon.

Spike: *Half-asleep* We got to stop Nightmare!

Twilight: You've been up all night, Spike. You are a baby dragon after all.

Twilight turns off the lights and leaves the room so Spike can sleep, and immediately starts searching for some information she could use that would help her defeat Nightmare Moon. She keeps pulling books off the shelves looking for a specific topic.

Twilight: Elements. Elements. Elements. How can I stop Nightmare Moon without the Elements of Harmony?

Rainbow Dash: And just what are the Elements of Harmony?

Rainbow Dash had flown right into Twilight's face trying to get some answers since she seems to know what is going on.

Rainbow Dash: And how did you know about Nightmare Moon, huh? Are you a spy?

She is suddenly pulled backwards and looks behind her to see Applejack grabbing her by the tail again.

Applejack: Simmer down, Sally. She ain't no spy. But she sure knows what's going on. Dontcha, Twilight?

The rest of the mane 6 walk up to Twilight with Pinkie holding Y/N on her back who was still out cold. She sets him on some pillows and Twilight looks at all of them before she tells them what she knows.

Twilight: I read all about the prediction of Nightmare Moon. Some mysterious objects called the Elements of Harmony are the only things that can stop her, but I don't know what they are, where to find them. I don't even know what they do.

Pinkie Pie: "The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide"

Everyone turns to see Pinkie staring at a book on one of the shelves, but as she finishes reading the title, Twilight shoves her out of the way and sees that she found what she was looking for.

Twilight: How did you find that?

Pinkie Pie: ♪ It was under "E" ♪

Twilight: *Embarrassed* Oh.

She uses her magic and floats the book over to her. She opens it and reads.

Twilight: "There are six Elements of Harmony, but only five are known. Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty, and Loyalty. The sixth is a complete mystery. It is said the last-known location of the five elements was in the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters."

As she is reading, Nightmare Moon is listening to them from outside and after hearing about the elements, her mist floats off to their location. The mane 6 hear a cough and turn to see Y/N is awake and trying to stand.

Y/N: *Cough* Then we need to get that castle.

Rarity: Not you, Darling. You're too hurt.

Rainbow Dash: Yeah, I can't believe you still have the strength to talk.

Y/N: Who cares if I'm hurt. If we don't do something Nightmare Moon will have all the world in eternal night. *Cough* So, Twilight, where is that castle?

Twilight: Um, "It is located in what is now *Gulps* The Everfree Forest."

Mane 5: The Everfree Forest!

All the mares gasp in terror as they know what she is talking about.

Y/N: Oh, now you have to bring me with you.

Fluttershy: No, you must rest. I've treated enough animals to know when a creature needs rest.

Y/N: I know where the castle is.

Applejack: Ya do?

Y/N: Yes, I woke up near it the before I met you guys.

After thinking for a minute, Twilight sighs and gives in.

Twilight: *Sighs* Alright, but you're staying off your hooves the whole journey.

Y/N: I'll take that over staying here.

All of them go outside to head to the Everfree Forest, but before they go all the way, Twilight grabs a wagon, puts pillows in it, and sits Y/N on it. She was going to pull it herself, but Applejack offers instead because she is stronger.

~

They all arrive at the entrance to the Everfree Forest and stop before entering.

Pinkie Pie: Whee! Let's go!

Twilight: Not so fast. Look, I appreciate the offer, but if Y/N can guide me through, I'd really rather do this on my own.

Applejack: No can do, sugar cube. We sure ain't letting any friend of ours go into that creepy place alone with an injured pony.

Y/N: I'm not that injured.

Rarity: You can't fly, and you can barely walk.

Y/N: *Groans* Still.

He lays his head down on one of the pillows even though he didn't want to.

Applejack: Twilight, we're sticking to you like caramel on a candy apple.

She walks into the forest, pulling Y/N with her, followed by Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie Pie: Especially if there's candy apples in there.

Twilight raises her eyebrow at Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie: What? Those things are good.

She follows the others in. Twilight sighs as she follows them too.

~

As they are traveling through the forest, all of them are on high alert.

Twilight: So, only Y/N has been in here? None of you girls have been here before?

Rarity: Oh. H-Heavens, no. Just look at it. It's dreadful!

Applejack: And it ain't natural. Folks say it don't work the same as Equestria.

Twilight: What's that supposed to mean?

Rainbow Dash decides to use this occasion to scare the others. She speaks in a spooky tone and starts creeping around.

Rainbow Dash: No pony knows. You know why?

Applejack: Rainbow, quit it.

Rainbow Dash: 'Cause every pony who's ever come in has never come . . . out!

Y/N: What a load of horse-

Suddenly, the ground around them gave way and the ones of them without wings start to fall down towards a cliff. But even Y/N is going down because his wings are damaged and the wagon is rolling faster than the others are sliding.

Rainbow Dash: Fluttershy, quick!

Fluttershy: Oh, my goodness! Oh, my goodness!

They quickly swoop down to try and help the others. Rainbow Dash grabs Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy stops Rarity from sliding. Applejack grabs a root that is poking out of the ground, but Y/N and Twilight can't stop. Y/N jumps out of the wagon before it goes over the cliff and grabs onto the edge. Now he's dangling over a two-hundred-foot drop.

Twilight: I can't stop!

Twilight is sliding down the slope quickly and is heading right for the edge.

Y/N: Grab my tail!

Right as Twilight goes over the edge, she grabs Y/N's tail and now the two of them are one slipup away from falling. Applejack sees that they are in trouble and lets go of the root she was holding on to.

Applejack: Hold on! I'm a-comin'!

Y/N: What can I do? I can't hold on much longer!

Applejack grabs his hooves and tries to pull the two of them up, but she can't get much traction and with both Y/N and Twilight there, they were too heavy. She tries to think of something and when she looks up, she knows what to do.

Applejack: Let go.

Y/N: What? I can't fly, remember!

Twilight: Are you crazy!

Applejack: No, I ain't. I promise you will both be safe.

Y/N: There's no way I'm letting go!

Applejack: Now, listen here. What I'm saying to you is the honest truth. Let go, and you'll be safe.

Y/N didn't know what to do, but it was either trust her or slip out of her grip and fall anyway. So, he takes a deep breath and let's go.

Twilight: What have you done?!

Y/N and Twilight scream as they fall, but they feel someone catch them. They open their eyes to see that Fluttershy caught Twilight, and Rainbow Dash caught Y/N. They both exhale with relief as they are lowered down to the ground, but Fluttershy seems to struggle a bit.

Fluttershy: Sorry, Twilight. I'm not used to holding anything more than a bunny or two.

Applejack jumps down the side of the cliff using different ledges. As Rainbow Dash puts Y/N on the ground, he spots Nightmare Moons smoke floating away and points at it.

Y/N: Hey! Did you guys see that?

The mane 6 look where Y/N is pointing but don't see anything.

Pinkie Pie: There's nothing there.

Rarity: Are you seeing things, Darling?

Y/N: No. I don't think so anyway.

Twilight: You need to lay back down. Your injuries and all this stress is too much for you.

Y/N: I'm fine. I got enough rest thanks to the wagon ride. Besides, the wagon didn't get the same treatment we did.

He points in another direction and the others look to see that the wagon is destroyed, and the pillows torn apart.

Applejack: It don't matter anyway. I can carry ya, sugar cube.

Y/N: You don't need to do that, Applejack.

Applejack squints her eyes and looks deep into Y/N's.

Applejack: I'm not askin'.

Y/N flinches at that look and caves. He gets up onto her back and they all continue to move through the forest.

~

As the group of ponies kept moving through the forest, Rainbow Dash couldn't stop her excitement about the save she and Fluttershy just performed.

Rainbow Dash: And once Pinkie Pie and Rarity were safe – whoa! Me and Fluttershy loop-the-looped around and – wham! Caught you both right in the nick of time.

Y/N and Twilight aren't too enthusiastic about it though.

Twilight: Yes, Rainbow, I was there and I'M very grateful.

Y/N: Me too, but we need to –

Something jumps out of the shadows, causing everyone to stop. They al look ahead and see a beast that has the shape of a lion with wings and a scorpion tail.

Twilight: A manticore!

Y/N: I got this, girls.

He attempts to get off of Applejack's back, but she stops him.

Applejack: No way in hay!

Y/N groans in annoyance. Applejack quickly pulls Y/N off her back and sets him in the grass.

Applejack: You stay put.

Y/N growls in frustration as he feels so useless.

Y/N: *Whispering to himself* I'm supposed to be the one protecting them. Why am I laying in the grass?

Twilight: We have to get past him.

The manticore jumps forward to take a swipe at Rarity, but she jumps backwards and dodges its swipe. She follows that up with a kick from her hind legs right to the manticore's face.

Rarity: Take that, you ruffian!

But that kick didn't seem to do anything and the manticore simply roars in Rarit's face so loud that it messes up her mane.

Rarity: My mane!

She runs away before the manticore can do anything else, and as she runs Fluttershy tries to call out to her.

Fluttershy: Wait.

The manticore tries to chase after Rarity but stops when he feels something on his head. He looks up and sees Applejack standing on him. He tries to shake her off him, but being a part of the rodeo for so long has helped Applejack learn to take a bull by the horns.

Applejack: Yee-haw! Get along, little doggy!

Fluttershy: Wait.

The manticore finally manages to shake Applejack off, but she isn't concerned about it. She flies past Rainbow Dash before landing on the ground.

Applejack: All yours, partner.

Rainbow Dash: I'm on it.

Fluttershy: Wait.

She flies around the manticore making a tornado form, but the manticore swats her away with his scorpion tail, sending her back to the others.

Twilight: Rainbow!

Y/N: That's it!

He gets up and joins the others.

Rarity: Lay back down!

Y/N: No! I'm not just gonna lay down and rest while my friends fight.

Fluttershy: WAIT!!

Her shout catches all of them off guard and they all look at her confused. Fluttershy smiles and walks over to the manticore. It growls at her and is about to strike her with his claws, but he stops when he hears her voice.

Fluttershy: Shh. It's okay.

Her smile makes the manticore look sad. He opens up his left paw to her, and she sees that he has a thorn stuck in his paw.

Fluttershy: Oh, you poor, poor little baby.

Rainbow Dash: "Little"?

Y/N: If that's a baby, I don't want to meet its mother.

Fluttershy: Now this might hurt for just a second.

She pulls the thorn out of the manticore's paw, and when she does, the manticore picks her up and roars in her face.

Everypony: Fluttershy!

But the next thing the manticore does is start purring and licking Fluttershy, showing his gratitude.

Fluttershy: *Laughs* Oh, you're just a little old baby kitty, aren't you? Yes, you are. Yes, you are.

All the others smile at this new development and walk past the manticore without feeling threatened anymore. Afterwards, the manticore lets Fluttershy go and she rejoins the group.

Twilight: How did you know about the thorn?

Fluttershy: I didn't. Sometimes we just need to be shown a little kindness.

Twilight smiles at what she says as they all move forward through the forest. What none of them noticed, is that the thorn the manticore had in its paw transformed into Nightmare Moon's smoke and it follows them.

~

As the Mane 7 continue through the forest, Rarity is starting to get tired of the dark and damp look it had.

Rarity: Ugh. My eyes need a rest from all this icky much.

As she says this, the forest gets so thick that no moon light can get through and they can barely see in front of them.

Rarity: Well, I didn't mean that literally.

Y/N: This isn't good.

Twilight: That ancient ruin could be right in front of our faces, and we wouldn't even know it.

Y/N: Well, the ruins aren't in a dense part of the forest, so once things clear up, we should be close.

Applejack: I hope so. You're getting a little heavy even for me.

Y/N: Hey, I never said I wanted to be carried. You offered because you all insisted I stay off my hooves.

Applejack: All I'm sayin' is I'm not used to carryin' a full grown stallion on ma back.

She suddenly trips and Y/N falls off her into mud.

Applejack: You okay, sugar cube?

Y/N: *Annoyed* Yes. Just tired of this happening.

He gets up and shakes the mud off his coat. As he's doing so, Fluttershy screams.

Y/N: Oh, sorry, Fluttershy. Did I get mud on you?

Fluttershy: No! Look!

Y/N turns around and is right in front of a tree that looks like it's about to attack them.

The Mane 7 scream as they realize that there are a bunch of these trees all around them, but they are cut off by the sound of Pinkie Pie's laughter. They look over to see her laughing as she makes different funny faces at one of the trees.

Twilight: What are you doing?

Y/N: Wait a second.

Twilight: Run!

Pinkie Pie: Oh, everypony. Don't you see.

[Laughter Songs Starts]

Pinkie Pie: ♪ When I was a little filly

And the sun was going down ♪

Twilight: Tell me she's not. . .

Pinkie Pie: ♪ The darkness and the shadows ♪

♪ They would always make me frown! ♪

Rarity: She is.

Y/N: Yep. . . She's singing.

Pinkie Pie: ♪ I'd hide under my pillow ♪

From what I thought I saw ♪

But Granny Pie said that wasn't the way ♪

To deal with fears at all ♪

Rainbow Dash: Then what is?

Pinkie Pie: ♪ She said: "Pinkie, you gotta stand up tall ♪

Learn to face your fears ♪

You'll see that they can't hurt you ♪

Just laugh to make them disappear." ♪

Ha! Ha! Ha!

She laughs at the tree, and the face on the tree disappears and it is now completely normal, and the darkness around them has dispersed a little. This makes everypony gasp before. . .

They all start laughing!

Pinkie Pie: ♪ So! Giggle at the ghostly ♪

Guffaw at the grossly ♪

Crack up at the creepy ♪

Whoop it up with the weepy ♪

Chortle at the kooky ♪

Snortle at the spooky ♪

And tell that big dumb scary face to take a hike and leave you alone and if he thinks he can scare you then he's got another thing coming and the very idea of such a thing just makes you wanna. . . hahahaha. . . heh. . . ♪

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuugh! ♪

[Laughter Song ends]

All of the scary faces in the trees have disappeared and everypony is on the ground laughing together. Soon they all calm down and stand back up.

Y/N: Thank you, Pinkie Pie. I needed that.

Pinkie Pie: You're welcome, Y/N. Sometimes we just need a laugh to help us through tough times.

Y/N: Ain't that the truth.

Pinkie Pie bounces away and the Mane 7 leave the formerly scary trees behind.

~

The Mane 7 keep laughing as they move, but they soon come to a screeching halt. They've come across a raging, yet very shallow, river stream.

Pinkie Pie: How are we gonna cross this?

Before anypony can answer, all of them hear someone crying. They look further down the river and see a large sea serpent crying and flailing around. It was him that was causing the river stream to be so wild.

Sea Serpent: *Sobs* What a world! What a world!

The Mane 7 walk up to him to figure out what's going on.

Twilight: Excuse me sir, why are you crying?

Sea Serpent: Well, I don't know. I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this tacky little cloud of purple smoke just whisked past me and tore half of my beloved mustache clean off. And now I look simply horrid. *Sobs*

He falls back into the water wailing like a child and soaks the Mane 7 with a wave of water. They all shake the water off as best they can.

Y/N: Shouldn't the mustache grow back though?

Sea Serpent: Oh, it will, but it'll take weeks or even months to grow out again, and even then it be the same. *Sobs*

Rainbow Dash: Oh, give me a break.

Applejack: That's what all the fuss is about?

Rarity: Why, of course it is. How can you be so insensitive? Oh, just look at him. Such lovely luminescent scales.

Sea Serpent: *Sniffs* I know.

Rarity: And your expertly coiffed mane.

Sea Serpent: Oh, I know, I know.

Rarity: Your fabulous manicure.

Sea Serpent: *Gasps* It's so true!

Rarity: All ruined without your beautiful mustache.

Sea Serpent: It's true, I'm hideous!

Rarity: I simple cannot let such a crime against fabulosity go uncorrected.

She uses her and bites onto the sea serpent's side to pull off one of his scales making him yelp.

Rarity: Ow! What did you do that for?

But Rarity doesn't respond as she begins brandishing the sharp end of the scale.

Twilight: Rarity, what are you—

Using the sharp scale, Rarity slices off most of her tail. The others all gasp in shock as they can't believe Rarity just did that. She uses her magic to pick up her tail and ties it onto the remains of the sea serpent's mustache. Now his mustache is back to normal, just half of it is orange and half is purple.

Sea Serpent: Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho! My mustache! How wonderful!

Rarity: You look smashing.

Twilight: Oh, Rarity. . . your beautiful tail.

Y/N: Yeah, you didn't need to do that.

Rarity: Oh. It's fine, my dears. Short tails are in this season. Besides, it will grow back.

Rainbow Dash flies close to Y/N and whispers in his ear.

Rainbow Dash: *Whispers* So would the mustache.

Y/N: *Whispers* Well, it worked, and she seems to be content, so I guess it's not too bad.

Now that the sea serpent is calm, the river stream has calmed down as well.

Twilight: We can cross now. Let's go.

She starts to wade across the river, but part way through, the sea serpent's body lifts her out of the water and makes a bridge for all of them.

Sea Serpent: Allow me.

Thanks to the sea serpent, the Mane 7 are able to cross without getting wet. Once they were all across. Y/N thanks the sea serpent.

Y/N: Thank you so much, mister sea serpent.

Steven Magnet: Please, my friends call me Steven. Steven Magnet.

Y/N: It was a pleasure to meet you Steven.

~

The Mane 7 continue going through the forest with Y/N and Twilight leading them all.

Y/N: It should be just through here.

They push through some bushes and see the ruins of a castle on the other side of a chasm filled with fog.

Twilight: There it is! The ruin that holds the Elements of Harmony. We made it!

She immediately starts running towards the ruins but doesn't seem to notice the giant chasm in front of her.

Applejack: Twilight! Wait for us!

Twilight looks back at the others and doesn't see what is right in front of her. Y/N tries to warm her, but. . .

Twilight: We're almost there.

Y/N: Watch out for the—

Twilight: Whoa!

Y/N: Cliff!

Twilight is struggling to stay on as she stares down into the fog below. Thankfully, Rainbow Dash and Y/N grab her tail and pull her away from the edge.

Rainbow Dash: What's with you and falling off cliffs today?

Y/N: Yeah, please be a little more careful.

Twilight: *Blushes* Uh. . . Sorry.

The Mane 7 gather at the edge and see that a bridge is supposed to be there, but it appears to have fallen off a long time ago.

Pinkie Pie: Now what?

Rainbow Dash: Duh.

She flaps her wings a little before jumping into the air and flying down to grab the bridge and reattach it to the other side of the chasm.

Pinkie Pie: Oh, yeah

Rainbow Dash ties one of the ropes down, but as she is about to do the other one, she hears a female voice echoing from behind her.

???: *Echoing* Rainbow.

Rainbow gasps, drops the rope and looks around to find whatever said that.

Rainbow Dash: *Gasps* Who's there?

???: *Echoing* Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash: I ain't scared of you. Show yourself!

???: We've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the best flier in Equestria.

Rainbow Dash: Who?

???: Why, you, of course.

Rainbow Dash: Really? I mean, oh, yeah, me. Hey, uh, you wouldn't mind telling the Wonderbolts that, would you? 'Cause I've been trying to get into that group for-like-ever.

???: No, Rainbow Dash. We want you to join us.

Three pegasus ponies consisting of two stallions and a mare wearing dark flight suit that have goggles with yellow lenses, and cutie marks of a pony skull and wings gallop out of the fog revealing themselves to Rainbow Dash.

Shadowbolt Leader: The Shadowbolts.

Rainbow Dash isn't sure who she is looking at, but she is intrigued by what they are saying.

Shadowbolt Leader: We're the greatest aerial team in the Everfree Forest. And soon, we will be the greatest in all Equestria. But first, we need a captain.

She walks up to Rainbow Dash, insinuating that she was talking about her. Rainbow Dash catches on and a big smile appears on her face.

Shadowbolt Leader: The most magnificent. . .

Rainbow Dash: Yep.

Shadowbolt Leader: Swiftest. . .

Rainbow Dash: Yes.

Shadowbolt Leader: Bravest flier in all the land.

Rainbow Dash: Yes. It's all true.

Shadowbolt Leader: We need. . . you.

Rainbow Dash jumps into the air with excitement as she is totally on board.

Rainbow Dash: Whoo-hoo! Sign me up.

She lands back on the ground and goes back over to the bridge, but the Shadowbolts don't like that. They get in her way and prevent Rainbow from fixing the bridge.

Rainbow Dash: Just let me tie this bridge real quick, and then we have a deal.

Shadowbolt Leader: No! It's them or us.

But Rainbow Dash didn't want to choose between her friends and this opportunity. She is tempted however and knows she must make a decision. Back on the other side of the bridge, the rest of the Mane 7 are waiting and wondering what's taking Rainbow so long. They could barely see the other side because of all the fog, but Y/N spots her when is about to finish the bridge.

Twilight: Rainbow! What's taking so long?

Y/N: Uh oh. Twilight, look!

Y/N points to where he sees Rainbow Dash and the Shadowbolts talking.

Twilight: Oh, no.

But the Shadowbolts don't want anypony interfering. Y/N sees the leader's eyes glowing and the fog becomes thick enough to completely block out the sight and sound of their conversation with Rainbow Dash.

Y/N: Rainbow! You can't listen to them! RAINBOW!!

Twilight: I don't think she can hear us through this fog.

Y/N growls in frustration. He looks around for something he can use until he realizes that half of the bridge is tied up.

Applejack: Whatever you're thinkin', sugar cube, stop.

Y/N: Sorry, Applejack. Too late.

Before anypony could do anything, Y/N grabs onto the tied down rope and is climbing across the chasm upside down.

Rarity: What are you doing?!

Pinkie Pie: That's reeeeeaaaaaally dangerous! Especially since you can't fly.

Y/N: *Annoyed* Don't remind me.

Back with Rainbow Dash and the Shadowbolts, Rainbow has come to her decision about their offer.

Shadowbolt Leader: Well?

Rainbow Dash: You. . . Thank you for the offer, I mean. But I'm afraid I have to say no.

She immediately ties the rest of the bridge down and flies back over the chasm to meet with the others. After she leaves, the Shadowbolts all turn into Nightmare Moon's smoke, join together, and leave without being spotted. On the other side of the bridge, Rainbow Dash emerges from the fog after tying the bridge down, and the Mane 6 cheer for her.

Twilight: You did it, Rainbow.

Rainbow: It was nothin'. Hey, where's Y/N?

The rest of the Mane 6 point behind her and she turns around to see Y/N getting down from the rope to stand on the bridge.

Rainbow Dash: What were you doing? You could've fallen off!

Y/N: Yes, I am fully aware of that.

Rainbow Dash: Then why did you do it?

Y/N: Because I was trying to get over and help you.

Rainbow Dash: You really thought I would choose them over my friends?

Y/N: No, but do you expect me to just stand around when somepony is in trouble?

Rarity: In your condition, yes, we do.

Applejack: That's right. The way ya are now, ya can't fly or fight.

Twilight: Honestly, Y/N, now that we found the castle, you can go back to Ponyville where it's safe. It's too dangerous for you out here with that injury.

Y/N: What?

Pinkie Pie: Yeah. You keep trying to fight, but you can't exactly do much.

Y/N: You all think I should just leave?

The Mane 6 all look at each other and nod. Y/N has had enough of this type of talk and shouts out in anger, causing the Mane 6 to take a step back.

Y/N: I'm tired of you mares thinking I'm useless just because of my wings!!

He spreads his wings out even though he's lost most of his feathers.

Y/N: Who cares if my wings are damaged?! I made the choice to fight Nightmare Moon, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! What you all don't seem to understand is that there is more to this than keeping someone safe! I made a promise to protect the ponies around here, and I was prepared to pay the price if I had to!

Twilight: Well, would you rather us let you fight alone and die in the process!

Y/N: No, I wouldn't, but if you all are gonna keep forcing me to try and relax, I might as well. Besides, it's not like you want me around anymore. You've made that abundantly clear.

Y/N's eyes start to well up with tears. The Mane 6 see this and try to walk up to him, but before they can touch him, he turns and runs across the bridge into the fog.

Fluttershy: Y/N, no.

Rainbow Dash: What just happened?

Pinkie Pie: I don't know, I didn't understand a lot of what he said.

Applejack: That don't mean he doesn't need help, right?

Rarity: Of course not! Come on, girls!

The Mane 6 start to run after Y/N, but Twilight isn't moving.

Twilight: But what about finding the elements and stopping Nightmare Moon?

Applejack: That can wait, Twilight. Y/N needs help now.

Twilight: But. . . Ugh! Fine!

She joins up with the others and they all run after Y/N.

~

Back with Y/N, he is still running through the fog with tears falling down his face.

Y/N: Why am I feeling like I've felt this way before? Why did Twilight saying she doesn't need me hurt so much? Why is this happening to me? Why can't I remember?!

Because of all the tears, Y/N can't see where he's going and trips over a tree root. He falls to the ground and keeps bawling. Soon though, he hears Nightmare Moon's laughter. He stands up and looks around, but he can't see her.

Y/N: *Sniffs* I hear you, Nightmare Moon! *Sniff* Show yourself!

Nightmare Moon: *Echoing* I understand you, Y/N.

Her smoke appears in front of Y/N and she reappears as the real Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon: You're just like me.

Y/N: What are you talking about? I am nothing like you!

Nightmare Moon: Really? Just look at what has happened. You were given a job, you did it well until you were unappreciated, and others turned you away. That is exactly what happened to me.

Y/N: No. . . That's not true. I'm still appreciated.

Nightmare Moon: By who? You're out here all on your own because your friends didn't want your help. Once you served your purpose, they wanted to send you away.

Y/N: What about all the other ponies of Ponyville? They all care.

Nightmare Moon: And where are they right now? Hmm?

Y/N: They're. . . They're. . .

Nightmare Moon: That's right, cowering while you do the hard work despite being hurt. I understand, Y/N. When ponies didn't appreciate my night, I showed them what I could do, and you can as well. Show them just how powerful you can be!

She reaches her hoof out to Y/N for him to take. Y/N looks at it and feels his anger rising to the surface.

The Mane 6 are still trying to follow Y/N's trail, but the fog is making it difficult.

Applejack: This fog is thicker than applesauce. I can barely see anything.

Rainbow Dash: Yeah, I won't even fly because I can't see at all.

Pinkie Pie: Come on, girls. Y/N has to be around here somewhere.

They all keep moving while staying together, but Pinkie suddenly hits something that clearly isn't there.

Twilight: Uh, Pinkie, why'd you stop?

Pinkie Pie: I hit a wall.

Rarity: What? You're messing with us. There's nothing here.

She tries to walk by, but she is stopped in the same spot.

Rarity: Nevermind.

The Mane 6 all stand next to each other and can feel the invisible wall in front of them.

Applejack: What the hay is going on?

Fluttershy: Girls, look.

Fluttershy points to a place on the other side of the invisible wall, and within the fog, they can all see Nightmare Moon reaching out to Y/N, and he was reaching his arm out to take it.

Rarity: What is he doing with her?

Pinkie Pie: It looks like she's being nice to him.

Twilight: No, look closer. She's corrupting him.

They look closer and see the sinister look on Nightmare Moon and the look of anger and despair on Y/N. They all call out to him, but the barrier is keeping all the sound out, so he doesn't hear them.

Applejack: No, sugar cube!

Rarity: Don't do it!

Pinkie Pie: We're right here!

Rainbow Dash: This isn't the way!

Fluttershy: No!

Twilight: Y/N, I haven't known you for long, but you're way too strong to fall to the darkness!

As Y/N reaches his hand forward, Nightmare Moon's smirk grew on her face, but instead of taking her hoof, Y/N slaps Nightmare Moon across the face. This surprises her and the Mane 6 so much that they are all speechless.

Y/N: You really thought I would turn over to your side? Yes, I feel underappreciated, and my friends wanted to send me away, but there's a difference between you and me.

Y/N spreads his wings and does his best to hover above the ground even though it is painful.

Y/N: You let your pride and greed consume you and take over your being. Instead of letting someone into your heart, you pushed everyone away. I may not have liked what my friends were doing, but they were doing it because they were my friends, and they care about me. I will never turn to the darkness like you have. If my friends give me another chance, then I will accept whatever they have to say and grow from it, because I don't want to lose what I have gained!

Using what is left of his strength, Y/N tackles Nightmare Moon and forces her into the barrier, shattering it to pieces. After it's broken, Nightmare Moon goes flying back into the fog, and Y/N lands with the Mane 6

Mane 6: Y/N!

All of them surround Y/N and apologize as well as thank him for choosing the right thing to do.

Rarity: That was amazing, darling!

Applejack: You were braver than a fruit bat trying to steal a zap apple from granny!

Rainbow Dash: It was pretty cool, but it could've been about twenty percent cooler if you didn't have tears all over your face.

Fluttershy: I'm so sorry we turned you away.

Pinkie Pie: Yeah, I'll throw you the biggest apology party ever!

Twilight: I knew you could do it, Y/N, and I'm so sorry I shouted at you earlier.

Y/N smiles at what they are all saying, but he stops them so he can speak.

Y/N: You all have nothing to apologize for. I'm the one who needs to apologize. I pushed you all away even though you were just trying to help me. I was too stubborn to accept that I even needed it. I just hope you all can give me a second chance.

Mane 6: Of course.

Y/N: Thank you all so much, but right now isn't the time to wrap our wounds.

Y/N's smile turns to a serious look as he turns around and looks into the fog. The fog starts to lift, and Nightmare Moon emerges looking incredibly peeved.

Nightmare Moon: When I am done with you, Y/N, you are going to wish you never came here!

She jumps and flies into the sky. Y/N is about to follow her, but Twilight grabs him.

Twilight: No, you can't go after her. Remember your wings.

Y/N takes her hooves off him and smiles at her.

Y/N: Twilight, I know you and all my friends are only looking out for me, but right now, we can't worry about that. I know that I can't defeat Nightmare Moon, but I'm doing this so that you all can get back to the castle and find the Elements of Harmony. They are the only thing that can stop Nightmare Moon. After this is over, I'll get as much rest as I need.

The Mane 6 don't want him to go, but they realize that he's right.

Twilight: You promise you'll be okay?

Y/N: I promise, on my honor as a pegasus.

Twilight nods and lets him go. Y/N smiles at all of them right before taking off and flying high into the sky to find Nightmare Moon. The Mane 6 all start running back to the castle of the two sisters to find the Elements of Harmony, and Y/N is left face to face to Nightmare Moon again.

Nightmare Moon: I'm gonna make you break that promise.

Y/N: *Deep breath* Even so, I have no regrets.

Nightmare Moon charges up a magic blast, but before she can fire it, Y/N starts flying away.

Nightmare Moon: Get back here, you foal!

Y/N isn't going to do what he did before. He's learned that he can't ever stand still. That's what got him trapped before. So this time, he just has to keep moving and keep her busy until the Mane 6 can find the Elements of Harmony.

~

Down at the castle of the two sisters, the Mane 6 has arrived and quickly enters its ruins. As they enter, Twilight turns around and looks into the sky trying to see Y/N.

Twilight: I hope you can keep your word.

She follows the rest of the Mane 6 inside and they find the pedestal with the five stone orbs that Y/N has seen..

Applejack: Come on, Twilight. Isn't this what you've been waiting for?

Twilight: The Elements of Harmony. We found them.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy fly on top of the pedestal and grab the orbs. They bring them down carefully, but they are still missing something.

Twilight: Careful. Careful.

Pinkie Pie: One, two, three, four. Uh, there's only five.

Rainbow Dash: Where's the sixth?

Twilight: The book said, "When the five are present, a spark will cause the sixth element to be revealed."

Applejack: What in the hay is that supposed to mean?

Twilight: I'm not sure, but I have an idea. Stand back. I don't know what will happen.

She starts to use her magic on the five orbs, and the others leave the room so she can focus.

Applejack: Come on, now, y'all. She needs to concentrate.

They all leave the room and give Twilight her space, but they are getting worried as time goes on because Y/N has yet to be seen after he left to fight Nightmare Moon again.

Fluttershy: Oh, I'm worried about Y/N.

Pinkie Pie: Me too, but I know he'll be okay.

Rainbow Dash: You said that last time he challenged her, and how did that go?

Rarity: Girls, look!

Rarity is looking into the sky, and as the others all look up, they see two beams of light. It is a dark blue light chasing a F/C light. Those two lights were Y/N and Nightmare Moon. He is still trying to avoid her, but the pain he feels from flapping his damaged wings is immense. Nightmare Moon is constantly firing blasts of magic at Y/N, and he is dodging them as much as he can. but he's reaching his limit.

Nightmare Moon: You were so cocky before! What happened to the hero from before?

Y/N: He's still here, just learning from his mistakes! I know I can't defeat you, but I can buy time for the one that can!

Nightmare Moon is confused by what he is saying until she looks down at the castle and sees Twilight with the Elements of Harmony.

Nightmare Moon: No! I won't let her!

She tries to fly down to stop her, but Y/N comes and hits her in the face before hovering in front of her.

Y/N: I won't let you hurt them anymore!

Nightmare Moon: Get out of my way, you nuisance!

Y/N: Not happening!

Y/N flies right at Nightmare Moon and pushes her back up into the sky.

Nightmare Moon: Fine then. Have it your way!

She fires as many blasts as possible at Y/N. He does his best to dodge them by flying in directions possible, but one of the blasts manages to hit his wing, and now he's struggling to stay in the air even more.

Y/N: *Straining* Ugh! Not now. They need more time.

Nightmare Moon: You are out of time!!

Nightmare Moon charges up her largest blast yet and fires it directly in Y/N's face.

Mane 5: Y/N!!!

Once the magic blast disappears, the Mane 5 can see Y/N falling out of the sky.

Rainbow Dash: I'll catch him!

Nightmare Moon: I don't think so!

Rainbow Dash tries to fly up to catch Y/n, but Nightmare Moon hits her back down with a punch.

Nightmare Moon: That pegasus has annoyed me for the last time! And now, your unicorn friend is next.

Rarity: *Screams* What did I do?

Nightmare Moon rolls her eyes before turning into smoke and entering the castle.

Applejack: It's not you, she's talking about. Twilight!

The Mane 5 run back into the castle, but Rainbow Dash looks back one last time to see Y/N falling into the chasm.

Rainbow Dash: I'm sorry, Y/N.

She rushes into the castle to help Twilight alongside the other, and when they get back to Twilight, they see a blue tornado is in front of Twilight and has scooped up the Elements of Harmony.

Twilight: The elements!

She jumps into the tornado as it teleports away and gets taken with it. The Mane 5 rush to where she was and look around trying to find her.

Fluttershy: Where did she go?

Pinkie Pie: What happened?

Rainbow Dash: What's going on?

Applejack: Twilight, where are you?

Rarity: Look!

The Mane 5 look up at another part of the castle and see something illuminated from inside. Being their only lead, they all make their way to that area of the castle.

~

Down in the chasm, Y/N is falling with no sign of the bottom because the fog is in the way.

Y/N: *Weakly Groans* Ugh. Come on. Fly.

He tries to flap his wings to get back up, but he is too weak, and his wings too beat up. He hits rocks hanging out from the wall of the chasm before finally hitting the bottom. He opens one of his eyes very weakly and can barely see anything because of the fog. He tries to call out, but his voice barely escapes his mouth.

Y/N: *Weakly* H. . . Hello? Any. . . pony? I *Groans* I. . . M-My friends need help.

But it was no use. No one was nearby to hear his pleading. Well, no ponies at least.

Within the fog, Y/N can see a bright sky-blue glow. Using what remains of his strength, Y/N crawls towards the glow. He enters a cave, and the fog starts to disappear as the light gets brighter. When the fog completely lifts, Y/N sees a giant crystal tree a sun and moon mark on trunk and five main branches extending from a hole in the center that looks like Twilight's cutie mark.

Y/N: *Weakly* What is this place?

Y/N isn't sure why, but he can feel a strange connection to this tree. It felt familiar to him. He does his best to stand up, but his hind legs give out and he falls back down. Since he can't stand, he crawls until he is at the base of the tree. He reaches his right hoof out and touches the trunk and when he does, the entire tree starts glowing yellow.

Y/N: What's going on?

Y/N's body starts glowing the same shade of yellow as the tree. He can feel his strength returning to him. He stands up on all his legs like they're good as new. His wings grow new feathers till they are completely repaired.

Y/N: No way!

He smiles in relief as he looks at his wings and flaps them a few times. All the pain he had felt before is gone.

Y/N: This feels amazing!

From the base of the tree, a yellow seed emerges and is floating in front of Y/N. Before he can do anything, the seed floats into his chest and his eyes glow yellow. Soon though, his eyes stop glowing, and so does the tree, but the yellow glow around Y/N stuck around.

Y/N: I feel so much stronger.

He turns around and sees a boulder near the entrance of the cave. He smirks as he wants to try something. He walks up to the boulder and raises his arm and hits it as hard as he can. The boulder shatters into dust and Y/N barely feels a thing. After he sees his handiwork, Y/N smiles with confidence and looks up the chasm walls.

Y/N: Let's do this.

~

Back in the room that was illuminated when the Mane 5 were looking around, Twilight teleports in through a puff of smoke making her cough. When she stops coughing, she gasps as she is face to face with Nightmare Moon. Storm clouds are floating above her head, and lightning strikes as she laughs at Twilight. Nightmare Moon is trying to intimidate her, but Twilight isn't letting her do so. She stands her ground and drags her hoof across the floor, challenging Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon: You're kidding. You're kidding, right?

Twilight doesn't back down and starts charging her magic as she gallops towards her target. Nightmare Moon does the same and they are both headed for each other. But just before they collide, Twilight teleports and reappears behind Nightmare Moon at the Elements of Harmony. She moans from the aftereffects of the teleportation before she starts using her magic on the elements again.

Twilight: Just one spark. Come on, come on!

The elements start to glow as she uses her magic, which doesn't please Nightmare Moon. She turns into her smoke and quickly moves in front of Twilight then turns back to normal. She is about to attack her, but the elements shock Twilight before she can, and she flies backwards. The five stone orbs are still glowing though, and they seem to be connecting with magic.

Nightmare Moon: No! No!

Twilight smirks as she is confident she did the trick, but just then, the stone orbs stop glowing and the magic disappears.

Twilight: *Gasps* But. . . where's the sixth element?

Nightmare Moon laughs evilly as she proceeds to blast the Elements of Harmony with her bolts of lightning, shattering all of them to pieces of rubble. Twilight is in shock as she sees the remaining pieces of the elements fall to the ground.

Nightmare Moon: You little foal! Thinking you could defeat me. Not even your little pegasus friends could defeat me, and he was your puny town's protecter!

Twilight: Wait, "was"?

Nightmare Moon: Oh, that's right. I shot him out of the sky!! The foal is probably begging for help as he slowly perishes!

Twilight: No. . . He promised he'd be okay.

Nightmare Moon: *Evil laughs* Promises can be broken. And now the night will last forever!

Nightmare Moon continues to laugh at Twilight, but she is cut short but the sound of a familiar voice.

Y/N: Think again, horsefly!!

Nightmare Moon looks around frantically trying to find him, but out of the corner of her eye, she sees a punch coming at her. Y/N hits her with all his strength, and she goes flying back through the castle wall.

Twilight: Y/N? Is that you?

Y/N turns around and smiles at Twilight showing that he is completely healed and glowing.

Y/N: Yep, I'm all better now. Now we can defeat Nightmare Moon for good!

Twilight: But. . . the elements were destroyed.

Twilight looks at the broken pieces of the stone orbs and her head falls down in depression, but Y/N tilts her head up with his hoof to look into her eyes.

Y/N: Twilight, listen to me. Those pieces of rock were never the true form of the elements.

Twilight: What? What are you talking about?

Y/N: Sure, those stones had power, but going on this adventure with you and the other girls has made me realize where our true power lies.

Twilight: And where would that be?

Y/N is about to answer, but he hears Nightmare Moon's scream in the distance as she is coming back.

Y/N: Think about the connection to the elements and what our friends showed us today. I've got a little gift for the princess of the night.

Y/N jumps up and flies in the air as Nightmare Moon reenters the castle to intercept her. The two of them are floating still as Twilight thinks about what Y/N means.

Twilight: Connection to the elements and what our friends showed us. What could that possibly mean?

She couldn't think of anything on her own, but then she starts to hear the voices of the Mane 5 as they approach the room they ae in, and when she hears their voices, her eyes widen in realization as it has been right in front of her this whole time.

Twilight: That's it! Hey, Nightmare Moon!

Nightmare Moon shifts her attention over to Twilight as she listens to what she has to say.

Twilight: You think you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that? Well, you're wrong!

Y/N: *Smiles* Now she's getting it.

Nightmare Moon: What are you babbling about? The elements have been shattered!

As she is distracted, Y/N flies above her and tackles her to the ground and keeps her from moving.

Y/N: Just sit still for a minute. Tell her why, Twilight!

Twilight: Because the spirits of the Elements of Harmony are right here!

The Mane 6 gather together and face Nightmare Moon. The shattered pieces of the elements start to glow different colors and float over to them.

Nightmare Moon: What? Get off me!

Y/N: Not a chance.

Twilight: Applejack, who reassured me and Y/n when we were in doubt, represents the spirit of Honesty!

The shards of the Element of Honesty glow orange, and surround Applejack.

Twilight: Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of Kindness!

The shards of the Element of Kindness glow pink and surround Fluttershy.

Twilight: Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of Laughter!

The shards of the Element of Laughter glow blue and surround Pinkie Pie.

Twilight: Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift, represents the spirit of Generosity!

The shards of the Element of Generosity glow purple and surround Fluttershy.

Twilight: And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire, represents the spirit of Loyalty!

The shards of the Element of Loyalty glow red and surround Rainbow Dash. Seeing this as it happens, Nightmare Moon starts to get worried.

Y/N: And don't think that I don't know you were behind each of those obstacles.

Twilight: The spirits of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us.

Nightmare Moon: You still don't have the sixth element. The spark didn't work.

Twilight: But it did, a different kind of spark.

She turns to her friends and sees them all smiling at her.

Twilight: I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me when I realized that you all. . . are my friends!

A bright light shines from above Twilight drawing everyone's attention, and they all see a sixth stone sphere with a symbol on it that matched Twilight's cutie mark.

Twilight: You see, Nightmare Moon, when those elements are ignited by the. . . the spark that resides in the heart of all of us, it creates the sixth element—the element of Magic!

All the shards surrounding the Mane 5 come together and form a necklace for each of them, but Twilight's element, Magic, forms a crown on top of her head.

The Elements of Harmony start to glow brightly and seem to combine their power. Their glowing lets Y/N know that something is coming, and he finally gets off Nightmare Moon.

Y/N: Been nice knowing you, Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon stands up and tries to get away, but it is too late. The Mane 6 float up into the air and a massive rainbow-colored beam shoots into the air and redirects itself towards Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon: Noooooo!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!

The rainbow engulfs Nightmare Moon and explodes in a bright flash of white light.

A few moments later, the Mane 7 start to recover from the explosion of light and stand back up.

Rainbow Dash: *Groans* My head.

Applejack: Everypony okay?

Rarity: Oh, thank goodness!

Everypony looks over at Rarity and can see that her tail had regrown thanks to the magic of the elements. But there was something else they noticed as well.

Fluttershy: Why, Rarity, its so lovely.

Rarity: I know! I'll never part with it again.

Fluttershy: No, your necklace. It looks just like your cutie mark.

Rarity: What? Ooh. So does yours.

Fluttershy looks at her own elemental necklace and smiles. The rest of the Mane 6 do the same and they all love them.

Pinkie Pie: Look at mine! Look at mine!

Rainbow Dash: Aw, yeah!

Applejack: Gee, Twilight, I thought you were just spoutin' a bunch of hooey. But I reckon we really do represent the elements of friendship.

Y/N: That's right.

The Mane 6 look over a Y/N and they all realize he's okay and his body has stopped glowing.

Mane 5: Y/N!

They all go up and hug him, causing him to topple over and hit the ground, but they all start laughing when they do. Y/N waves at Twilight for her to join them. She walks over and Rarity and Rainbow Dash pull her into the group hug.

Twilight: What happened to you, Y/N? Why were you glowing? And how did you heal so fast?

Y/N: Yeah, I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea how it happened. I touched this weird tree in the chasm and suddenly, I was healed and had super strength.

Rarity: Really?

Pinkie Pie: That's amazing!

Y/N: Yes, but let's not worry about that. I'm just glad your girls are safe. And thanks to all of us, Equestria is safe.

???: Yes.

A bright light shines through a window as everypony looks to see the sun rising once again, and a light enters the room, changing into an alicorn, Princess Celestia. When the Mane 7 realize who it is they all bow except for Twilight and Y/N.

Twilight: Princess Celestia!

Princess Celestia: Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student.

The two of them hug each other and Y/N admires the princess.

Y/N: (So, she's the princess. She definitely looks like one alright)

Princess Celestia: I know you could do it.

Twilight: But you told me it was all an old pony tale.

Princess Celestia: I told you that needed to make some friends, nothing more. I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon's return, and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her. But you could not unleash it until you let true friendship into your heart.

She looks over at all her friends and she knows that Princess Celestia is right.

Princess Celestia: Now if only another will as well. Princess Luna.

She looks over to where Nightmare Moon was and the Mane 7 follow her gaze to see that an alicorn mare similar to Nightmare Moon, but she is smaller, she has a phthalo blue coat, a very light azure blue mane and tail, and her cutie mark is a crescent moon surrounded by the night sky.

She looks very frightened as she sees the Mane 7 and Princess Celestia.

Princess Celestia: It has been 1,000 years since I have seen you like this. Time to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together little sister.

The Mane 6 are surprised by this development.

Mane 6: Sister?

But Y/N is more surprised by the fact that they didn't see that coming.

Y/N: What? You girls didn't pick up on that?

The Mane 6 look at Y/N and their mouths fall open as they can't believe he knew, but Y/N just shrugs.

Princess Celestia: Will you accept my friendship?

Princess Luna looks up and cries as she hugs Princess Celestia, which she happily returns and sheds some tears of her own.

Princess Luna: I'm so sorry! I missed you so much, big sister.

Princess Celestia: I've missed you too.

The Mane 7 smile at them all and then when they are ready, all of them leave the ruins and head back to Ponyville.

~

When they get back to Ponyville, the whole town cheers for all of them. Spike rushes out from the crowd and hugs Twilight. The princesses have a chariot waiting for them to bring them back to Canterlot, but before they can get on, two pegasus Phillies put a wreath of roses around Princess Luna's neck, which she wasn't expecting, but accepts with an emotional smile. As the princesses are about to leave, they notice Twilight looking a little down.

Princess Celestia: Why so glum, my faithful student? Are you not happy that your quest is complete, and you can return to your studies in Canterlot?

Y/N: Wait, you're not leaving, are you Twilight?

Twilight: Well, that's just it. Just when I learn how wonderful it is to have friends, I have to leave them.

The rest of the Mane 7 lower their heads as they as upset as well, but Princess Celesta grins as she knew this would happen.

Princess Celestia: Spike, take a note, please.

Spike takes out a paper and quill and starts writing as she speaks.

Princess Celestia: I, Princess Celestia, hereby decree that the unicorn Twilight Sparkle shall take on a new mission for Equestria. She must continue to study the magic of friendship. She must report to me her findings from her new home in Ponyville.

The Mane 7 gather around and Twilight and are so happy that their new friend is staying with them.

Twilight: Oh, thank you, Princess Celestia. I'll study harder than ever before.

Princess Celestia: *Giggles* I know you will.

With that matter taken care of, the princesses make their way back to Canterlot, and the Mane 7 all stay together to celebrate their recent victory. But as the princesses are traveling, Princess Luna seems to have something on her mind.

Princess Celestia: What is on your mind, dear sister?

Princess Luna: Well, It's probably nothing, but something about that Y/N boy gives me pause.

Princess Celestia: Whatever do you mean? That young stallion has a heart of gold and helped save you despite not having an Element of Harmony.

Princess Luna: I know, and I'm very grateful. It's. . . It's his cutie mark.

Princess Celestia: Pardon?

Princess Luna: Very few ponies have a mark like that, and Y/N's is identical to. . . his.

What she says triggers something in Celestia and her smile changes to a frown.

Princess Celestia: Do not speak of him, sister. That pony is gone and will never return. You know that.

Princess Luna: I know, sister. I just miss him.

Celestia seems to calm down and she puts her hoof around Luna.

Princess Celestia: Me too.

They continue riding to Canterlot feeling sorry for what happened at one point in their past.

~

Meanwhile, back at the castle of the two sisters, pieces of rubble slightly move around as a small orb of black energy with red and purple rings surrounding it escapes from under the rubble.

It floats around the room as if it is looking for something. It goes through one of the broken windows and down to the ground. Suddenly, a glass ball appears around it and prevents it from moving.

Deep Voice: There you are, my little creation.

From the shadows of the Everfree Forest, a silhouette appears and looks down at the orb of energy.

It's horns glow a light yellow and black as it floats the glass ball over to him.

Deep Voice: Exploiticite, I see that our plan has failed. However, it would seem that a new opportunity has presented itself. We must be patient if we are to prevail, but when the time comes, Equestria and the entire world will belong to me.

It laughs quietly as it backs away into the Everfree forest with the energy orb it called a Exploiticite.

~ End Chapter ~

A/N: Good. Lord. This took so long to finish, but I'm so glad I did. I honestly should've split this chapter apart as it is 11,000 words, but I have already planned ahead to have the same number of chapters every season, so it was either this, or get rid of one of my original chapter ideas, and because I didn't want to throw an idea away, I decided to keep this as one chapter. I hope you all enjoyed that choice. Oh, also! Thank you guys so much for helping this story read a THOUSAND READS in such a short time! That is amazing! I know it's not a lot when you compare it to some of the other stories on Wattpad, but it means a lot to me and I couldn't be happier.

Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you all have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 3.1K 22
Any who, Greetings! Yep just like the title says this will be another story of a 16-year-old boy called Y/N (aka Your Name in case you didn't know) a...
4.4K 199 9
Hey, my little ponies! Who's ready for a series of magic, love and most importantly friendship?! Y/n Sentry is Flash Sentry little sister, by a few...
26.9K 810 24
Rainbow Dash, everyone knows her as the strong and awesome Pegasus she is. Applejack, everyone knows her as the honest apple earth pony she is. When...
113K 2.6K 51
An Alicorn was born which all of Equestria does not know about. He was raised without an actual family, so he has been roaming Equestria for a place...