Reflections in Ice (Fairy Tai...

By Silver-Tigress

17 year old Reina Evans Walker returns from a year long mission to find that Fairy Tail has a new member name... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 10

85 1 0
By Silver-Tigress

Reina's P. O. V:

We stand before the giant ice shell, staring up at the frozen demon in shock.

"Deliora...!" Gray growls.

"You sure this is the demon your master sealed away?" Natsu questions.

"There's no doubt about it," The ice mage grits out through his teeth.

Happy wonders aloud, "I wonder why it was transported all the way here from the northern continent to Galuna Island..."

Lucy asks thoughtfully, "You don't think this demon could have something to do with the island's curse, do you...?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if it did," Gray responds.

I say, "It may be enclosed in ice, but that thing's still alive."

Grinning, Natsu goes up beside Gray, and says as he grips his right upper arm, and swings his arm around quickly, as though getting ready to launch a paunch at the demon, "Sweet! Let me have a go at him! I ain't afraid of no stupid demon!"

I gaze at Gray with slight weariness as Lucy says to the pinkette in exasperation, "You know, brute force isn't the only way to solve a problem, Natsu."

"A little fire oughta do the trick!"

My eyes widen when Gray wrenches a dark glare round to Natsu, and he punches him in the side of his face so hard, Natsu gets knocked on the floor with a grunt. Gray's eyes are hidden beneath his bangs.

Happy exclaims, eyes wide, "He just punched Natsu!!"

Lucy mutters, a little surprised, "Well, this wouldn't be the first time he's done that..."

Clutching his left cheek, Natsu demands angrily, "What's the deal?! What'd you hit me for, Gray?!" Natsu cuts himself off when he notices the death glare Gray is giving him.

"I don't want you and your flames anywhere near it!!" Gray yells at Natsu. "If that ice melts and Deliora is revived, there's no way we'd be able to stop it."

Natsu climbs back on his feet. He says, "Come on! Do you really think a huge chunk of ice would be that easy to melt?"

Gray glances at Natsu before he mumbles out, "... No."

Stepping up beside Gray, I gently place my hand on his shoulder, peering up at him with concern. I ask in a gentle tone of voice, "Hey, are you okay?"

Natsu exclaims indignantly, glaring at us, "I'm the one who got hit for no good reason! Watch your temper, man!!"

I ignore Natsu, and keep my gaze on Gray.

Stepping forward, Happy says to the pinkette, "Please, you're one to talk!"

Gray tells us in a solemn tone, "Ten years ago, my master, Ur, cast a spell called Iced Shell on this demon, enclosing it in a form of ice that can't be melted. It's so strong, that even the most powerful flame spells have no effect on it. If they knew that the ice couldn't be melted, then why did they bring it here...?"

Lucy says, "Well, maybe they didn't know. They might have brought it here to try and melt it somehow."

Gray demands angrily of Lucy, glaring daggers at her, "But, why would they do that?!"

A frightened expression on her face from Gray's sudden burst of anger, Lucy stammers, fingers to her chin, "Um! I have no idea...!"

We look back at the demon.

Gray demands angrily, "I just don't get it! Who would bring Deliora here, and more importantly, why?"

Natsu says seriously, as he points his left thumb behind him, "We need answers. Let's go find those guys!"

Turning to him, Lucy says in agreement, "Yeah, okay."

Gray growls firmly, "No!" We all turn to look at him. "We're gonna stay here and wait."

Happy asks, "Wait for what...?"

"For the moon to come out," I state.

Startled, Natsu exclaims, waving his hand dismissively, "THE MOON?! But it's the middle of the afternoon! If I have to hang out here all day, I'd die of boredom."

Lucy asks Gray, "Rei. Why does the moon matter?"

Gray and I exchange glances before I speak up for him. "We have a feeling that the curse on the island and Deliora are somehow connected to it."

The ice wizard adds, "And I heard those guys we saw earlier say something about collecting moonlight."

Lucy murmurs, "I heard that, too." I nod my head in agreement. "I guess waiting till nightfall will be the only way we'll find out what's going on"

Natsu yells in impatience, "I'M NOT WAITIN'!! WE'VE GOT WORK TO DO!!"

Upon yelling that, Natsu immediately passes out, snoring as loud as ever. I face palm while Lucy deadpans and Happy just stares down at him.

"Well, that was fast," Lucy mumbles.

Nodding his head once, Happy says in agreement, "Aye."

❄️❄️❄️

Sometime later....

"It must be nice. He doesn't have to worry about anything but eating, fighting and sleeping," Lucy mutters. She sits next to a passed out, snoring Natsu, on a small boulder with her left cheek in her hand, eyes closed.

Nodding his head once, Happy states, "Aye! That's Natsu for ya."

"I've gotta admit, I'm a little bit jealous." Lucy reopens her eyes and looks towards Gray, who is sitting on another small boulder in front of Deliora.

Sitting next to Lucy, I follow her gaze.

Lucy groans, leaning back on her hands, "Oh! I know I agreed to wait, but this is so boring!"

"Aye," Happy agrees.

"Oh, I know!" Lucy suddenly exclaims, clapping her hands together as her face lights up with an idea.

"Huh?" Happy and I utter as we glance at her questioningly. We watch as the brown eyed girl whips out a silver key.

"Open, Gate of the Harp Constellation, Lyra!" With a puff of pink smoke, appears a young girl with long light red hair and blue eyes wearing a blue dress. She has a harp instrument strapped to her back. She also has a pair of small white wings protruding from her back.

Waving her hand energetically, Lyra greets excitedly, grinning, "Oh, wow! I haven't seen you in forever, Lucy!"

"Hey, Lyra!" Lucy greets back happily.

Scouting over to Lucy, Lyra demands sadly, "Say, how come you never call me anymore?! It's not fair!" Stars flash around her head as she adds, "I would love to help you out, but you ignore me, meaning!"

Lucy says, closing her eyes briefly before reopening them, hands on her hips, "'Meanie,' huh? You're the one who told me you're only available three days a month."

Lyra gasps in confusion, eyes wide. "Are you sure about that...?"

A small sweat drop on his left temple, Happy mumbles with a deadpan look, "Great. Another weirdo."

Lyra asks Lucy, "So, what would you like to hear me sing? Any requests?"

"Nope! Whatever you want," Lucy replies.

Happy asks excitedly, "You know any songs about fish?!"

Giving us a thumbs up, Lyra says excitedly, " 'Kay! I've gotta song I think you're gonna love, Lucy!"

Lucy chimes, "Lyra has the most beautiful singing voice!"

Happy says, "Well, Mira is a singer, too, you know, and she singe songs about fish for me."

Lyra sits near me and Lucy. Closing her eyes, Lyra's fingers begin to dance along the strings of her harp. Her beautiful voice fills the cavern.

(Play the video below)

As Lyra sings, I feel myself smiling with my eyes closed, my arms wrapped loosely around my knees which are pulled to my chest. The others are also smiling with their eyes closed, their faces relaxed. Her voice truly is beautiful!

When Lyra finishes singing, we hear sobs coming from Gray, and look at him.

Gasping gently, I ask, "Gray? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine," He replies in a trembling voice.

"You seem upset," Happy states.

Lucy murmurs, "Well, one of Lyra's talents is singing songs that relate to what her audience is feeling."

"Did her song make you cry?" Happy asks Gray.

"I... wasn't crying," Gray denies.

Lucy suggests, "Maybe you should sing something a little more upbeat!"

"You should've just said that in the first place!"

"I think we should skip the song," Gray says firmly, a sigh in his voice. "We need to stay quiet. We don't want to be found out."

❄️❄️❄️

While Natsu, Happy, and Lucy fell asleep the rest of the day, I stayed awake with Gray, though I kept my distance to give him some space.

Just then, a loud rumbling fills the cavern, causing small rocks to fall from the ceiling.

Rubbing her right eye, Lucy asks a little sleepily, "What's that weird noise...?"

"Is it night, yet?!" Natsu exclaims, jumping awake.

Gray raises his head as a purple magic circle appears in the ceiling, spreading a purple beam of light downwards.

"It's a beam of light!" Lucy states.

Natsu says with wide eyes, "It's shining down from the ceiling!"

Gray asks, "But why is it purple...?

I stare, "It must be moonlight!"

With a frightened look, Happy says, "What's going on? I'm getting scared, Gray."

The purple moonlight pours down on the frozen demon.

Gray states, "It's shining down on Deliora!"

I say, "I don't think that's a coincidence!"

Gray tells us, "Let's go! We have to find out where the light's coming from."

Happy says in agreement, "Aye!"

We run up a set of stairs to reach another room in the temple. Stopping to stare at the beam of moonlight, Gray wonders aloud, "Why would someone cast a magic circle inside this old temple?"

Natsu says, "Let's find out!"

We then run up another set of stairs and make it out on the roof of the temple. The sky outside is dark and sprinkled with stars. Up ahead of us, under a crescent moon statue, is a group of robed, masked figures chanting something as the purple moonlight pours down through the roof. The group of people circle the beam of moonlight.

"What are they doing?" Natsu asks as we hide behind a very low, broken brick wall and watch the robed figures.

"... Tera... Sim... EGaluna... Kuna... Urara...!"

I furrow my brows as I follow the beam of purple moonlight up to the moon. I murmur, "The moon..."

Natsu mutters, "It looks like those robed freaks are chanting some spell to collect the moonlight."

"And shine it on Deliora," Lucy adds. "But what for...?"

"It's a Belianese spell called the Moon Drip." We all turn our heads in surprise to see that Lyra is next to Lucy.

Keeping her voice low, Lucy demands, "What are you still doing here?!"

"I see. That's what they're trying to do," Lyra utters, her expression serious, completely ignoring Lucy.

Her eyes wide in confusion, Lucy whispers, "Okay, geez. Fill us in."

Lyra explains, "They're using the Moon Drip spell to melt the ice around that demon underground, so they can resurrect it."

My eyes jerking wide from my spot on Gray's right, Natsu, Lucy and Lyra on his left, I breathe in a sharp whisper, "What?!"

Gray hisses, his own eyes wide, "They can't! The ice used in an Iced Shell can't be melted."

Lyra responds calmly, "I hate to say it, but it's not entirely true. While the Iced Shell is strong, it can be melted using Moon Drip, focused moon energy can break any magical spell."

I stare at her with wide stunned eyes, while the cats stare just as stunned at the enchanters. "Oh, no..." Happy breathes fearfully.

I jerk my gaze back to Gray as he growls angrily, "Idiots!! They've never witnessed the wrath of Deliora!"

Lyra says, "I think what the islanders believe is a curse against them, may actually be side effects of the Moon Drip. Concentrated moon energy can contaminate your body. I'm afraid those poor islanders have been exposed to way too much of it."

Natsu growls in a promise, glaring at the enchanters, "I'll make them pay!"

I sweat drop when Lucy swings her right elbow backwards, and it slams into Natsu's face, knocking him on his back easily. She says, "Someone's coming this way!"

I look back at the robed figures just as a newcomer arrives with Sherry, Yuka and Tobi in tow. This new man wears armoured boots, a long white cloak with a high collar, and a helmet on his head with a long dark plume protruding from its top, and tiny spikes resembling pointy teeth grow out of the bottom jaw of the helmet that guards his chin. Horns grow out of both sides of the helmet, curling forwards. The only part of this person's face I can see is his mouth, the top half of his face hidden by his helmet, while his eyes peer out through the eye slits.

I furrow my brows in a puzzled glare. Just who the hell does he think he is, to dress himself so high and mighty like that? I resisted the urge to go knock his stupid-looking helmet right off of his head and beat him to a pulp.

Yuka says as they continue to walk up to the robed figures, "What a waste. I lost so much precious sleep for nothing." Toby's head dips forwards and he breathes out a bubble of snot while he snores in his sleep, grinning. Yuka continues, "We searched all day for the intruders, but never found a trace of them."

Toby abruptly jerks himself out of his sleepwalking and yells at the blue haired male, his eyes angry white triangles, "Maybe there wasn't any!"

The group stops before the enchanters.

Sherry says in a soft voice, "I have some sad news, Cold Emperor." The helmeted man and Sherry look at each other. "I thought we had intruders during the day, but it seems that they got away, somehow. I cannot speak of love in this situation."

"... Intruders?" The Cold Emperor questions. Gray gives a small gasp.

Natsu murmurs, "So that guy's their leader."

Lucy says, echoing my earlier thoughts, "He's trying to act all high and mighty, wearing that stupid-looking mask!"

Happy chimes, "I don't know. I think it looks kinda cool!"

I clench my fists as I growl under my breath, "I just wanna rip that stupidly ridiculous helmet right off of his head and pummel him!"

The Cold Emperor asks in a raspy sounding voice, "Has Deliora been awakened, yet?"

Sherry replies, "It should be later tonight or tomorrow. So—"

"WHICH ONE, GIRL?!" Toby demands, cutting her off.

"The time has almost come," says the Cold Emperor. "If you see those intruders again, kill them. I don't want anyone getting in my way."

I raise my head a little at the enemies when Sherry states, "It must've been villagers. They're the only other people on this island."

"Then, destroy the village," the helmeted freak show commands, holding up his left hand. I feel my heart stop in my chest and my eyes widen greatly.

"Yes, Sir," Sherry says.

"Understood," Yuka says while Toby growls a little in agreement.

Natsu gasps sharply, "What?!"

When my heart starts beating again, I breathe, "They can't do that! Those people are innocent!"

Lucy murmurs worriedly, "But the villagers had nothing to do with it!"

Natsu says, "Yeah! We've gotta stop 'em!"

The Cold Emperor says, sounding guilty but not really meaning it, "It's a shame there has to be bloodshed."

I flick my wide blue eyes to Gray when I hear him utter, his own eyes wide with stunned disbelief, and wavering, "That voice...! No! It can't be!"

"Gray-kun?" I ask in a gentle tone.

Before he could reply, however....

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SNEAKING AROUND BUSINESS!!" We stare at the fire breathing idiot as he jumps up on the wall and shouts this, his fists clenched. Our eyes are wide and stunned. He then throws his head back and speed out flames from his mouth. "IT'S NOT THE VILLAGERS, WE'RE THE INTRUDERS YOU'RE AFTER!!"

"Huh?!" Says Toby as everyone stares at him in surprise.

Natsu grins as he giggles. I face palm with a loud slap, dragging my hand down my face as I mutter in exasperation, "Dumbass!"

"Geez! I guess there's no turning back now, huh!" Lucy says, standing.

Lyra says eagerly, clasping her hands together as she closed her eyes briefly, "I wanna help out, too! Want me to sing?"

With a red tick mark on the back of her head, Lucy deadpans as she mumbles, "No. I want you to go back."

Cupping her face, Lyra whines, looking sideways at her owner, "Aw, you're no fun!"

Lucy whirls around, and hits Lyra hard enough to make her disappear in a puff of smoke.

Looking at the red Fairy Tail symbol on Natsu's right shoulder, Sherry says, "I know that mark. They're from Fairy Tail!"

Yuka muses aloud, "Interesting. Those villagers must've gone to the magical guilds for help."

Looking back at his cronies, the Cold Emperor orders them, "Don't worry about them. Go eradicate the village."

I grit my teeth and death glare at the helmeted man.

Lucy gasps, "What?!"

Natsu demands, "But why?!"

I yell at him, hearing anger in my tone, "Those people are innocent! How can you bring yourself to take their lives so easily like that?!"

Clenching his right fist, the Cold Emperor tells us in a calm tone, "Whoever stands in my way, whether deliberately or not, is my enemy!"

The same glare I gave Laxus the other day reappears on my face. Why, that.... jerk!!

I ignore Toby, Yuka and Sherry sweat dropping at my glare. The helmeted man seems completely unfazed by it.

Natsu demands, "Say... What...?!"

Natsu charges right at the Cold Emperor. I also take off after Natsu, just as Gray joins us. "Why, you...!!" He screams at the man. He adds as he leaps into the air, hands pressed together for a spell. "Stop this crazy ceremony... right now!!"

Gray slams his hands on the ground and spikes of ice erupt out of it, shooting right for the Cold Emperor. He, Sherry, Yuka and Toby manage to leap backwards into the air.

Flipping around in the air, the Cold Emperor throws his left hand down towards us, and when he lands on the ground again, he slams his hand down, causing ice spikes of his own to erupt and meet Gray's head on. The attacks slam into each other, before the spikes rise up a couple of metres and shatter with a loud boom!

Happy and Lucy stare with gaping mouths as tiny shards of ice rain down around us.

Well. I guess now we know why he's called the Cold Emperor; he also uses Ice Magic, just like Gray. But... How is he able to match Gray's Ice Magic with his own...? He must be formidable, indeed.

Happy exclaims, "He's an ice wizard, too?!"

I just frown suspiciously at him.

Gray glares at the opposing ice wizard for a moment before he jumps back, growling in recognition, "Lyon...!"

We stare at him in shock, our eyes wide and mouths agape. "Huh?" Natsu and I say in unison.

"Lyon...?" Lucy murmurs in confusion.

Gray demands of the Cold Emperor now dubbed as Lyon, "How could you! Do you have any idea what you're doing?!"

Lyon says, "Oh, Gray. It's been quite awhile, hasn't it."

Lucy and Happy gasp.

Gray demands, "Why would you revive Deliora?!"

"To think that you were one of the wizards called to this island to help those poor villagers. Did you come knowing you would find me... Or is this just mere coincidence?" Lyon says thoughtfully. "Not that it makes any difference to me."

Yuka says questioningly, his hands clasped behind his back again, "An acquaintance of yours, Cold Emperor?"

Toby makes a sound similar to that of a dog's 'woof.'

"Do as you were ordered. I can handle the intruders on my own."

"Yes, Sir!" Yuka and Sherry say in unison as the three of them run off.

Startled, Natsu yells, "Hey, wait! Come back here...!"

Gray yells at him warningly, "No, Natsu! Don't go near him!"

It was too late.

Lyon holds his left hand out and frost seeps out of it. The frost swirls strongly around Natsu, holding him in place briefly, before ice begins to coat his body. I gasp as he screams in pain.

Lucy gasps in concern, "Natsu!"

Peering at them over his left shoulder, Gray orders them, "Happy, get Lucy out of here!"

"Aye!" Happy spreads his wings and picks Lucy up and flies off.

I whip my head around to the Fullbuster, opening my mouth to protest. However, I'm stopped short at the hard, yet pleading look he's giving me.

I shut my mouth and clench my teeth, understanding what he's asking of me. I nod my head once, slightly, to show Gray I understand. I then turn away from my teammate and wander into the forest, my eyes hidden by my bangs as I refuse to look back at Gray.

Gray's P. O. V:

I throw an ice attack at Lyon, but Lyon thrusts out his left arm and summons an Ice Shield. His is different from mine, being formed by hexagons instead of spikes, and is in the shape of an oval that covers Lyon's entire body. The shield easily blocks my attack.

Natsu screams as the ice coating him settles into a hard shape, "What?! No!! I can't move...!"

"Hold on, we can't just leave Natsu like that!"

Happy explains, "He was hit with a type of Ice Magic that instantly freezes the air. If we'd stuck around there any longer, we'd be frozen, too!"

"Who cares?! We've gotta save him!" Lucy says as she glances back towards our comrades.

With tears pricking the corners of his eyes, Happy cries, "But, who's going to save the villagers if all of us have been turned into ice?!"

Lucy pauses in her protesting, her eyes wide with understanding.

Lucy says sincerely, "Oh, I'm sorry, Happy! It must've been hard for you to leave him behind. Don't you worry!" Lucy clenched her fists determinedly. "Ice is no match for a Salamander, right?"

Happy says as we fly back to the village, "Aye!"

Lyon says to me, "You distracted me long enough for the girl and the cat to escape, and that other woman left willingly. Chivalrous, but ultimately pointless. There's no way those three can stop my minions!"

Natsu exclaims, "Don't underestimate the power of Fairy Tail wizards! Now...!"

I shift my narrow eyes to Natsu, on my right. I then just casually kick him off the side of the cliff, and he cries out as he goes tumbling down.

"Wha...?! What's the big idea, Gray?!"

I just glare back at Lyon.

"I see you're as reckless as ever. Was he not one of your allies?"

"You and I both know that with one spell, you could blow up that ice, and him with it," I remind him.

"So you chose to send him to send him safely outside the range of my magic," Says Lyon. "That was a very clever move."

I snap, "I don't understand why you're trying to pull this superior act with me, Lyon! You're not! We're not Ur's students anymore!"

"I'm well aware of that—painfully aware," Lyon says as he reaches up to pull off his helmet, revealing spiky white hair, pale features and black eyes. "Our beloved teacher is no longer of this world."

"Her final act is sealing that monster away! Are you really so callous that you would try to destroy our master's legacy?"

"Don't delude yourself. We both know you're the one who killed Ur," Lyon states, making my eyes dilate. "And, yet, you don't seem to feel any guilt. How cruel!"

Third Person's P. O. V:

Reina continues walking through the forest, back to the village, though her mind is set on Gray. When she first joined Fairy Tail, Reina was always distancing herself from everyone because she was always off looking for her brother, and because of the side effects of her Arc of Reflection Magic. But now that she's on Team Natsu and has spent time with Gray...

... Reina feels emotions she never thought she would, and can't help but worry for the ice wizard.

She just hopes that he'll be alright, especially because it seems like there's some history between the two ice wizards.

Suddenly, the blonde hears evil laughter and a familiar voice shouting angrily, "GRAY, YOU PUNK!!! OH, YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS!!"

"Is that Natsu...?" The blue haired girl thinks, tilting her head curiously. She decides to follow the voice through the trees.

"My fire power isn't making a dent in this ice! Man, what's the deal?!"

"Natsu?!" The pinkette whirls around to see the bluenette poke her head through the trees, looking at him in surprise.

"Rei! You're okay! Hey, maybe you could help me out of this thing?" Natsu says in relief upon seeing the Reflection Magic user, as she approaches him.

"... I don't think my magic will work on it," She says dully, causing Natsu to sweat drop.

"Still, you could always try...?" Natsu blinks when he notices the distant look in Reina's blue eyes. "Hey, you are okay, aren't you?"

"I'm just worried about Gray," She sighs, an uncertain expression on her features. "I don't think I've felt this way about someone in a long time."

"Heh, don't worry about Elsa! He'll have the other guy beat in no time!" Natsu continues, "In any case, we've gotta get back to the village! I'll just have to run! You with?"

Reina looks at him as she nods her head. They turn and start back toward the village, but Reina has to let out a giggle when Natsu just wobbles rather than runs.

"Awe, man! This is a lot harder than I'd thought it'd be!" Natsu exclaims. Stepping on his right foot, the pinkette nearly topples right over, making Reina giggle again.

                   ❄️❄️❄️

Meanwhile, Erza has acquired a pirate ship in order to get to Galuna Island to retrieve her guild mates.

When the pirate captain asked why she'd willingly go to the cursed Galuna Island, all Erza just said was that she'll gladly take that chance because those who broke the rules needed to be punished.

The men gawked at her determination and said they'd eagerly help Erza get to her destination, so she can accomplish her mission.

                  ❄️❄️❄️

Gray faces off against Lyon as he says, making Gray's eye twitch violently, "Enough with the games, Gray. You're the one who murdered Ur. So just admit it! I'm surprised you have the gall to even speak her name!!"

Lyon throws out his hand and a puffer fish made of ice and spikes shoots at Gray, hitting against him and knocking Gray back against a rock wall.

"Lyon..." Gray groans in pain.

"What's wrong?" Lyon asks as he drops his arm. "Don't tell me the guilt is finally getting to you?" Gray trembles as he gets to his feet. "I'm warning you: don't try to interfere! Whether you like it or not, I'm resurrecting Deliora!"

"I won't let you!" Gray growls. Lyon glares as he drops his helmet on the ground, and it lands with a clatter.

Frost swirls around Lyon's right hand as he tells Gray, "It's like old times, but I've grown much stronger since then! Ice Make: Eagle!"

Eagles made of ice appear in the air around him and fly for Gray.

"Ice Make: Shield!" Gray spreads out his arms and a shield of spikes appears before him. However, the Ice Eagles simply fly around or over the shield, and strike him, before flying off.

Lyon explains, "While your specialty is creating inanimate objects, Static Ice Make Magic, mine is creating living creatures: Animated Ice Magic. Did you forget my ice has the ability to move?"

Ice spikes appear beneath Gray, but he leaps up just in time to avoid them. "Ice Make: Hammer!" A large hammer of ice drops toward Lyon.

"I've Make: Ape!" A giant ape of ice appears behind Lyon, destroying the hammer. Gray lands back on the ground. "How pathetic! You still use two hands when casting your Ice Make spells?"

"Yeah! 'Cause that's what Ur taught us! Single handed spell casting is incomplete and unbalanced," Gray responds.

"Well, I'm the exception to that rule," Lyon says cockily. "I've surpassed Ur's skill level a long time ago."

"Shut your mouth!" Gray growls, glaring deathly at him.

"Regardless," Lyon continues, ignoring Gray, "ever since we were children, you've never been able to land a single hit on me!"

Gray taps his fist against his palm and holds it there as he growls, "I'm a lot stronger now than I used to be!! Ice Make: Geyser!" Gray slams his hands on the ground and walls of ice spikes shoot for Lyon, who appears to be unfazed, even as they envelope him. The cloaked figures scream as they try to get out of the way of the falling ice.

Gray gasps in disbelief when his ice attack shatters to reveal Lyon, standing there, completely unharmed.

"Nothing had changed," The white haired man states confidently. "I was always the superior student. And I'm still stronger than you. I was able to master single handed Ice Make Magic, while you still have to rely on two hands." Gray clenches his jaw and grits his teeth. "It's just like the old days. We may have chosen different paths, but we're frozen in time. Our ranking as wizards never changed."

Lyon holds his hand above his head and Gray cries out when a dragon made of ice shoots at him, knocking Gray away. "That's why I'm resurrecting Deliora: to prove that I am more than Ur's star pupil!" Gray lands with a thud behind the broken wall. "As a child, I'd only ever dreamt of one thing: the day I would surpass Ur's abilities as a wizard. But you ruined it for me, Gray! After she died, I thought my life king dream of surpassing her had been dashed!" Gray sits on his knees before the white haired man.

"Until I realised: there was one way. If I can defeat Deliora, a demon so strong that not even Ur could vanquish it, then I would have surpassed her power!" Lyon continues, a crazed look in his eyes. "My dream will finally become a reality!"

Getting to his feet, Gray tries to plead with his childhood friend, "Listen to me! That thing destroyed everything we cared about! And you wanna bring it back just to prove how strong you are? That's insane! Please! You can't do this!"

Lyon's eyes dilate further as he makes another Ice Dragon rise up from beneath the ravenette, making him cry out. ""Please! You can't do this!"?! Really?!" Lyon sends another ice attack at Gray, knocking him back.

Gray hits the ground on his back as Lyon snaps, "Funny you say that! Those were the exact words we said to you that fateful day! Surely you haven't forgotten?! It's because you challenged Deliora, that Ur lost her life!!" Gray cries out again as another ice attack punches him up into the air. "I can't stand you even speaking her name in my presence! Be gone!" He shoots a dragon made of ice at the Fullbuster. "This is the end, Gray!"

Gray cries out when the Ice Dragon hits him again, and sends him tumbling over the edge of the cliff.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 317 32
After her friends disappear with Tenrou Jima, a hole appeared in Yume Dragneels life. Her brother and everyone is gone. She grows distant to the othe...
2.1K 36 32
Art cover by Stestylius A city of angels, unknown to the human world. When their God is in near death, a man named Hahlos, who posses the ability to...
1.3K 196 30
~ When a sudden night takes you to a different world of Fairy Tail.. ~~ Amusing right? It's your story to be a part of them.... "I will save you... N...
111K 3.2K 38
Lucy Heartfilia, a 17 years old girl and a Celestial Mage of Fairy Tail, has been a daughter of a demon and a human. One day, a female demon named Sh...