The Sacred Scarlet

By glockwriter

Step into the colorful world of Advita Singh Rathore and Rudransh Singh Arora as their love story unfolds aga... More

Disclaimer
Introduction
1: Unexpected Encounters
2: Royal revelations
3: Destined encounters
4: Cultural Collision
5: Buddha Mil Gaya
6: Conversations & Connections
7. Ehsaas-a-Sukoon
8. Jodhana ri Mojri
10. Adiophile
11. Mehendi & Haldi
12. Sangeet
13. 'The' Day
14. Gruhpravesh
15: Day one as Shriman & Shrimati Arora
16: Past affecting present?
17 : Echoes of Connection

9. Sneaking Out

8.2K 582 164
By glockwriter

SNEAKING OUT

Advit was on his way to complete some work stuffs. He didn't wanted to disturb his wife so he silently tip toed outside. The weather was too good to sulk in the office room and hence he decieded to go to the terrace.

He was checking some emails as he reached his destination, when he bumped into someone. His eyes grew wide in realisation when he saw Advita almost stepping in the burning angeethi because of the push from him.

(Fireplace)

In a nano second he grabbed her arm and twirled her away from the burning coals. Advita sighed in relief while a frightened Advit tried to calm his nerves. He aimlessly walked away and sat in a corner with his head between his palms.

"O-once again, today one more time I would have cause you h-harm," his voice laced with guilt and fear, thinking about the past and the worst case scenarios that could have happened now- she would have got burnt, her clothes could have caught fire, anything, anything could have happened because of him.

"AVI! Stop talking bullshit! I call you nirbuddhi in a funny way, stop taking it seriously!" She furiously walked to him and sat in front of him.

(Brainless)

A humourless chuckle escaped his lips, "Stop making me feel better. Everyone knows how because of me you were face to face with death Adi. All because of me..."

Though Advita wanted to stop him, she choose to let him speak, to let it all out, for once and for all. Talking about it was the only way he would understand it was not his fault.

"...right before the birth, your life was under threat because of me. Because of some stupid movements of mine, in maa's womb, the umbilical cord got strangled around your neck!

As if that was not enough, when Bhati fiasco happened and i was at the gunpoint, you came in between. And i was so damn coward to even push you aside Adi! We almost lost you by two inches that day!" The heavy heart, the burden of the past, seemed to be lifted off a little from his chest after speaking it out.

Releasing a long breath, she held his hands and made him look into her yes. Her heart clenched to see the guilt in her brother's eyes, that too for something he wasn't at fault for.

"Avi... aapane tha hai aapa khane matho ni hai, toh kyu lagan doro huve? First things first, if you didn't read maa's pregnancy report properly, let me tell you, because we were together in the womb there was very little space for me to make movements. Which, eventually, avoided pulling of chord to an extent that would have caused any harm.

(If we know we don't have a brain, why harm yourself by trying to use it?)

About Bhati, dear brother, how could you even forget that your leg was trapped under the broken table and you weren't able to move because of the pain. Still when he fired, you had pulled my leg at the exact time, causing me imbalance and the bullet to just pass by me. Even today you saved from stepping my leg in angeethi.

I always knew what you had in mind, but I never thought you would be this stupid Avi. Kaise ban gaya tu CA itni choti buddhi ke sath?"

(How did you manage to be a CA with such a small brain of yours?)

"Even if i put these things aside, i failed as a brother as well as a...a-a f-father-"

"Don't you dare say that. You promised you won't mention this ever!"

"But that doesn't change the truth Adi! Kaisa baap hun mein jo apni bachchi ke liye kuch na kar paya. And also to save her you had to risk your life!"

(How bad of a father i am who couldn't do anything to save his daughter.)

"Avi tell me one thing, if your blood cells didn't match, what would you have possibly done?" He averted her gaze, because somehow he also knew he couldn't do anything because that wasn't in any body's hands.

Getting her answer from his silence she continued, "Nothing right? The only stupid thing you did and are still doing is, blaming yourself for nothing."

Advita walked to get some water and also to give some time and space to him. She was more than glad to see the calmness on his face on her return.

"Now if tumhari moti buddhi mein baat beth gayi ho, don't ever think anything like that!"

(...if the point is clear in your fat brain..)

"Thank you Adi! Thank for lifting my burden. I sometimes felt so suffocated... thank you Adi!"

"i know am gyaan ka bhandar and you are a buddhi hin person, but yeah stop."

(Treasure of knowledge, knowledge less)

A minute passed by in silence before Advit decieded to break it, "So you are Rokafied finally. Almost a week more, and you move out?"

(Engaged)

"You seem quite eager to send me?" She raised an eyebrow, followed by Advit's sarcastic and overly faux sweet smile.

"I mean why shouldn't i? I had prayed for this moment for ages you know. We literally were together since we were a teeny tiny cell."

"I know right? Remember how we used to bicker over 'you stole my birthday'? And that- remember how our relatives used to make one of us cry to testify if the other twin does that too. Damn. Being the first twins in family we were to be adored, not experimented." She scrunched her nose but soon they both broke into peals of laughter.

"But when this is actually happening," he looked into her eyes with a hint of fear, "why do i not feel happy Adi?"

"Avi-"

"Between other siblings, atleast the elder one lived alone before the younger one came to life. But us? Mere organs tere sath bane, hum dono aaye iss duniya mein sath, hum dono ne bolna sath sikha, chalna sath sikha, cycle aur bike bhi sath mein sikhi, school college sath gaye, even job bhi sath mein shuru ki thi. Tune toh maa ki kokh mein bhi akela nahi choda mujhe par ab chod rahi Adi? Jana zaroori hai Adi? Tere bina rehna nahi aata Adi..." This time they both couldn't hold their tears.

(Our organs we formed together, we came to this world together, we started speaking together, we started walking together, even learnt cycle and bike together, went school college together, even started out jobs together. You didn't left me alone even in mom's womb, but now you are leaving me? I don't know how to live without you Adi...)

All of a sudden they felt warmness engulfing them. They both hugged her tightly and let their emotions flow. Kanikka patted their back lovingly to calm them.

"Aap aise karenge toh Anika ko kon sambhalega? Mummy papa ko himmat kon dega?"

(If you act like this, who will calm Anika? Who will give strength to mom and dad?)

"But bhabhi-" Advita tried to speak but words seemed meaningless to express her feelings.

"Shushh baisa. Koi baat nahi. Haq hai aap dono ka. Let your emotions flow."

(Its your right.)

After the twins had composed themselves, they all sat together silently.

"Bhabhi sa, you know i don't express much but, i am really thankful to have you. Times when you convinced dad to let me go on my first solo trip, when maa used to switch off my room's fan to wake me but you would come and switch it on, when i threw tantrums for sabzi you ordered me pizza, and the biggest happiness, our baisa. You made me feel how it is to be a bua, you gave me the little bundle of joy. And not to forget, iss nirbuddhi ko bhi bardasht kar rahe ho."

(...tolerating this brainless person as well.)

The two ladies laughed at the poor guy who glared at them in annoyance.

"Baisa, we will miss you-" Before Kanikka could complete, she was cut off by an excited shriek, "then don't let her leave, veerji nu ghar jamai bana lo!"

(Make brother your resident son-in-law!)

"Aur phir hum dono daheej mein aa jayenge!" Equally excited Rutvik supported his sister.

(And we both will come in dowry!)

The Aroras looked at the duo for a moment but then laughed it off. Wiping her tears, Advita gestured the siblings to join them.

"Why are you guys up so late?" She quizzed.

"Actually we were handling a project together and just wrapped it. We came here to get some fresh air," Rutvik informed.

Advita hummed in reasponse. She noticed Roohi hugging herself and rubbing her arms.

"What happened?"

"Not used to 7°C, you know Mumbai winters barely drops down to even 14°."

Chuckling softly, she agreed. Advita, all of a sudden, excitedly stood up, making others stand up as well.

"What?" Advit looked at her suspiciously, to which she gave him a knowing look.

"Noo Adi!"

"Yes Avi!"

"Time dekha hai? Its almost two in the morning!"

(Have you seen the time?)

"Yes, and its the best one! Avi stop being a party pooper!"

"I am not-"

"What's going on?" Roohi and Kanikka were as confused as Rutvik.

"Well, i have something which will make you feel better with the cold."

"And that is?" Inquired Kanikka.

"Kadhai wala doodh!" Exclaimed Advita. Seeing others agree to her adventure to sneak out of the palace in the middle of night, made Advit to agree as well.

(cauldron milk)

They all parted their ways to their respective rooms to grab their jackets and decided to meet at the entrance.

Rutvik was on his way to join others when he bumped into someone. They both looked at each other, and mutually scoffed in annoyance.

"Why are you roaming around the palace at this hour?" Shrushti asked.

"What do you mean by at this hour? Its not like my face resembles an old king, and a manjulika wants her revenge from me."

(Manjulika - An Indian movie ghost character)

"Could you be any more lame?" She hissed in annoyance.

"Well you see-"

"Let's go Rutvik," adjusting her jacket, Advita called out, without noticing the presence of a third person.

"Where are you going with him?"

"What do you mean by with him?" Rutvik scoffed.

"Shut up, am not talking to you!"

"Oh nothing just we were heading out for kadhai wala doodh."

"How could you Adi? Yeh barah din pehle prakat huye devar ke liye you ditched your barah saal ki dost?" Shrushti accused.

(You are ditching your twelve years friend for this brother-in-law of twelve days?)

"Its not like that baba. I thought why to disturb you at this hour-"

"When did we had formalities in between us Adi?"

"Stop talking like that to my bhabhi." Rutvik jumped in.

"And you stop coming between when I talk to my best friend!"

"Stop it guys. Chalna meri maa kyu nautanki kar rahi hai!" She dragged Shrushti with her, while Rutvik followed them.

(Stop acting, just get along!)

They all silently tip toed, dodging the guards and were in the garage, picking up vehicles.

"What are you guys doing-"

"Shushhhh"

Kabir was confused to see them all sneaking out of the palace at this hour and decieded to follow them. He was shushed by all the six people.

"What?"

"Are you asking this as Kabir, or as a Chauhan?" Advita asked him.

"How is that different? What if I say as a Chauhan?"

"Then we were just getting some fresh air."

"And what if Kabir asks?"

"We are going to get garma garam kadhai wala doodh. If you promise to not tell anyone about this, you may join us." She smiled at him. The others were grinning too.

"Stop grinning you'll. Its creepy! And let's go!" He exclaimed.

"Oh wait. Well, if we all are here why don't we take bhai with us too? Please bhabhi?" Roohi requested Advita.

"When did i say no? Call him if you want." She casually replied.

"Why don't you go and call him?" Suggested Shrushti.

"You know, esi paristhitiyon ke liye phone ka avishkar hua tha. Let's just call him."

(For situations like this, mobile phones were invented.)

"Bhai is a heavy sleeper. He won't budge. Its no use." Rutvik informed.

"I'll go," sggested Advit, who even started walking towards the palace. He was pulled back by Kanikka.

"Kya hai? Jane do na usse."

(What is your problem? Let her go.)

"You want me to send meri jawan behen in a jawan ladke's room, that too at this hour?" A baffled Advit scrunched his nose in annoyance.

(Young sister, young boy)

"Wo jawan ladka tumhari jawan behen ka hone wala pati hai so now shut up and stand here silently! Baisa jao aap."

(That young boy is your young sister's to-be-husband; dear you go)

"Dekh lungi aap dono ko," Advita pointed towards Shrushti and Kanikka before leaving, and they both grinned in response.

(I'll see you guys afterwards)

As Advita passed the lawn she had a thought, 'the entrance is on the other end, and his room is at this side. I'll have to walk a full circle around the palace. Nah, too much time as well as energy.'

She grabbed a stair and settled it near his room's window. She swiftly climbed up and to her good luck the window wasn't locked.

Rudransh was sleeping peacefully until he heard some noise. Being a light sleeper, he wakes up even on slightest movements. He saw a shadow on the window.

Keeping himself as calm as he could he pretended to sleep, to fool the intruder. As soon as he felt a hand on his shoulder, he grabbed it and pinned the person on the bed, hovering above her.

Wait, her?

His widdened eyes met with her widdened ones. He immediately pulled back and stood up.

"What the hell where you thinking!?" Advita asked.

"M-me? What were you doing? I thought it was an intruder -"

"I don't have time. Common let's go! Hurry up!"

"Wait? What? You know we are already getting married, so we don't need to run away?" He was still confused, and the drowsy state wasn't helping either.

She slapped her forehead and choose to ignore him. She dragged him out silently and he saw others waiting for them. And now he got to know about the sneak out.

Kanikka sat with Advit while Roohi with Rudransh.

"What are you doing? Enfield? Poore khandan ko batana hai ki hum ja rahe hai?" Shrushti whisper yelled at Advita.

(You want all the family to know we are sneaking out?)

"Hmph. If its not my bike, tu chala!" Advita threw the keys towards Shrushti.

(You drive)

Throwing them back to her she said, "Jiss insan ne 15° se niche ki sardi nahi dekhi usko tu 7° mein gadi chalane bol rahi hai? Show some humanity Adi!"

(A person who never experienced winters below 15°, you want her to ride a bike in chilling 7°?)

"Aate time tu chalayegi!" She huffed in annoyance but nevertheless started the bike.

(You are driving during the return!)

"What about you? What's your excuse?" Kabir asked Rutvik who too avoided getting hold of the bike keys.

"Kabir bhai, mein toh pehli bar aaya hu. I don't know much about the ways as well. Please drive."

(Brother, its my first visit here)

While driving Advita remembered something, "When are mummy papa coming?"

"Adi are you okay? What are you even saying? Mummy papa se toh chup ke aaye hai abhi." Shrushti was confused as hell.

(We just sneaked out so that we don't get caught by mon dad)

"Ms. Kulkarni, i am talking about Mr. & Mrs. Kulkarni."

"Acha mere wale. They had to take aaji and aajoba for some regular medical test. All four would be here by tommorow evening. Waise bhi mere gharwale meri shadi chod sakte hai apni laadli ki nahi." She ended with a little hint of jealousy.

(Oh mine;
Grandmother & grandfather;
Anyways, my family can for once miss out on their own daughter's wedding but won't miss their favourite's wedding)

As they entered the shop, the owner soon recognized the Rathores and Kabir, being related to royals.

Soon steaming hot milk with kesar-pista-badam was poured into the kulhads from the kadhai.

If heavens were to be felt, this was it. The chilling winter, radiating heat from the kulhad in palms and damn tasty milk! As the hot milk went down the throat, the insides savoured its warmth.

"Ahh," Roohi seemed to have burnt her tongue in an hurry to savour the milk.

Rudransh took a step but then halted when he saw Kabir making sure she was fine, who was standing beside her.

"Are you a small kid? Can't you be careful?" He took her cup and a pout formed on her face. Within a second, the pout turned into a small smile as she saw him blowing air in the milk, in an attempt to cool it down a little.

He handed it back to her, not before warning her to be careful.

As Rudransh sipped his drink he glanced at Advita and a smile crept across his face. She saw him looking at her and asked if everything was fine.

He smiled to himself and took a step ahead, making her heart accelerate. Her ears turned red because of the proximity. He wiped the milk moustache above her lips. The warmth of his fingres did things she never knew anyone could do to her heart. Millions of butterflies fluttered their wings like crazy in her stomach.

Rudransh looked at everyone and finding them enjoying their drink, he made an eye contact with her. She looked at him confused, and he quickly licked the milk from his thumb and winked at her. Her eyes widden and she looked around at everyone, thankful that no one noticed.

She was still composing herself when Kanikka chirped, "Baisa why don't you come with Rudransh ji?"

Before she could deny he jumped in, "Sure bhabhi why not. And please don't do these formalities, just call me Rudra."

Kanikka and Advit were the first one to head back. Advita took the keys but was stopped by Rudransh, "Raani sa, i know you are an excellence biker, but we don't want my bride to have a running nose during the rituals, now do we?"

"And a groom with running nose will do Sardar ji?"

"Well you see, with you beside me, keeping in mind that you are so so beautiful, no one is going to spare a glance at this naachiz, so we can afford that."

(Good-for-nothing)

Getting no further cross questions from her, he asked for the keys which she gave him. He started the bike and she sat behind him. The others too quickly sat on the bikes, Kabir and Rutvik together while Roohi with Shrushti.

Parking the bikes as silently as they could, they walked towards their respective rooms.

Kabir noticed Roohi walking in the opposite direction from her room. He silently followed her to make sure she doesn't get lost. After a minute or two, she halted in her steps and looked around.

"Lost?" She jumped ar his sudden appearance.

"You scared me! I was going to the kitchen to get water bottle. But seems like i lost the way," she admited.

He asked her to follow him. They silently walked to the kitchen and picked up a bottle. On their way back Roohi noticed a room. She excitedly went in.

"Oh my god! What in the heavens is this!?"

"Janata darbar. Or you can say court room. You see that chair, that one is for the King or Queen, and these others were for ministers," Kabir explained while pointing towards the chairs.

Suddenly her smile fell, and she had a serious face, which didn't go unnoticed by him.

"What happened?"

"This room looks so much similar to the one shown in Bhool Bhulaiya, are you sure there wasn't any tragedy like manjulika's here?"

Giving her a what-the-fuck look he sighed in annoyance, "If you are done with your stupid theories, let's go?"

She huffed in annoyance and walked out.

Rudransh walked Advita to her room. She stepped inside and turned towards him with a smile.

"Thank you," he said.

"Well, no. Think this as my treat for the gift you bought me."

"If that's the case, tell me one thing. Its just me or do you treat everyone with food only?" He asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Well you see, food is my love language," she casually told.

Rudransh chocked on his saliva as his eyes widden, "L-love?"

Advita seemed to realise as well and she too was baffled by her own bluntness, "umm...no...i m-meant, no, No! Food is my e-emotion language! Byegoodnight!" She hurriedly went inside and closed the door, leaving behind a now blushing Rudransh.

I'm making reels & memes (yes, i  making memes on my own book, i know am crazy😴) on this book which you can find on my insta handle 'glockwriter'.

And if you have any ideas about more reels or edits, you can dm me there.

Untill then, this is me, glockwriter signing off!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.1K 3.1K 17
"Feel that?" He asked, keeping her hand still. "That's what you do to me. Every time I see you. Every time I hear you laugh. Every time I think of yo...
1.6M 106K 71
'Cold love is like a winter night without stars-Dark and unforgiving.' Yudhishthir × Ruhi She was like a fragile rose, a symbol of...
882K 47.1K 47
(# 1st book of His series) 𝐓𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐥...
367K 26.6K 51
*Destiny part 2* ---♡---- • RANVIJAY SINGH RATHORE Power!!The only thing he always wanted.He is the elder son of Rathore's and the soon to be king of...