✿ MIDNIGHT BLUE(Windbreaker)

Από arii_taken

"I like you." ^^^^ [Book 1 of ??] I DO NOT own windbreaker !! all rights go to the Original creator, Yongseok... Περισσότερα

Milan Yeo
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

361 25 4
Από arii_taken

(A/N: English is in italic font, Korean in regular font, French is in italic bold font)
————

The car ride was filled with laughing and conversations; Milan and Eva telling their dad about their time in Paris, the fashion, the food, the sights, the people, everything they could think of, whilst Dave and Lee told the girls everything they've missed in Korea.

When the girls got too their old neighborhood, Milan saw the familiar stores, buildings, and her favorite corner store "Paek Family Mart" was now replaced with a huge paper company called "Cho's Paper Corporation". Milan frowned her face, turning her head towards her dad.

"What happened to Mr.Eun's store?" Milan asked. The last time she seen the store it's was thriving, not even close to being shut down. Mr.Eun the kind old man who owned the store was like a uncle to Milan, often giving her free food when she came in his store plus he was a good friend of her moms. Mr.Eun was a chemist teacher at Myeong's high school back in the day, but he didn't stick with the educator route, because he wanted to make a family business and run a store.

"Oh," Dave paused

"The old man died of a heart attack two years ago. He was dealing with a lot of stress because of the fuckers 'Cho's' who wanted to buy him out of his store, so they could build that shitty company you just seen." Dave informed his daughter. Hearing this, Milan was hit with sadness and anger.

"So why is their store there now? Eun-Jung said she was going to keep running it,"

"Well what a fucked up daughter she is, because she sold it to them right after her old man died. When Eun pass, he left the store to her, and you wanna know what she did? she signed it over to Cho, because all Eun-Jung wanted was the money." Lee said while putting his pointer and middle finger against his thumb and rubbed them together, as a symbol of 'money'.

"After that, she married Joon Cho, who is the owner. Yup, he put a ring on that finger, all because he promised her loads of green paper, if she sold it to him."

"What a gold digging bitch..she really did that to her dad? The one who started that business FOR HER?" Milan angrily questioned. 'How could somebody do that to their dad?' Milan asked herself, he only wanted was the best for her. 'I'd get it if he was a bad dad, but he wasn't even a BAD DAD'

"Poor Mr.Eun." Eva sadly said.

"Mhm, she going to get what's coming for her. Karmas going to get her one way or another." Said Dave.
————

Stepping out the car, Milan came face to face with her old house. the sisters mouths dropped. They were met with a modern and sleek house, with clean lines and large windows that let in plenty of natural light. The outside was made of a combination of white stucco and dark wood paneling, giving it a contemporary feel.

They could obviously tell that their dad did some renovations while they were away. The flowers that decorated the outside was regularly maintained. The grass was cut and healthy, you would think that since it's only Dave staying there and he's is a busy man running a gang, he wouldn't keep up with the outside of his house; but sure enough, he was.

"Dad you fixed up the house?" Milan asked.

"Mhm, I needed a new feel, you know, fix things up with my life," He paused, looking at the ground in deep thought.

"Starting with the house," he continued.

Milan knew that her dad still missed her mom, but she knew that he knew that she was never coming back..

Dave helped his daughters with their bags, while lee carried Milan's heavy bike. Walking through the gate, and going up the three steps, Dave unlocked the door. But before he opened it, he spoke.

"Prepare to be amazed," he said with a mischievous grin. Then he opened it up.

As they entered the house, Milan and Eva were greeted by an open-concept living space with high ceilings and hardwood floors. The living room had a large sectional sofa and a flat-screen tv mounted on the wall, while the kitchen had stainless steel appliances and a large island with a bar stool.

"Look at what you've done to the place.." Milan trailed off in awe. Standing in the walk way, she twirled around slowly so that she could see every single detail of the new development. The home almost seemed like an.. American house hold.

"Is it nice? Do both like it?" Dave asked, kinda anxious about what his daughter would say about the design.

"Like it?" Eva paused.

"I love it!!" Eva yelled excitedly. Jumping towards her dad to hug him.

"HAHA , that's what I'd like to hear! Because if not, I thought I was going to have to renovate it again," Dave let out a relieved sigh. Looking at his oldest daughter that was still looking around, he asked,

"What about you, lan, you like it?"

"Yes it's nice dad, I love it," Milan turned to him and gave him and close eyed smile.

"Phew," Dave said whipping off the imaginary sweat off his head.

"I thought I'd be in trouble if you didn't." Milan laughed

"No, I think it's perfect for you." The midnight blue eyed girl softly smiled

"Thank you," Dave returned the gesture and gave a nod. He walked towards the steps and then spoke to his daughters.

"Now, let's go see your rooms," He flew up the stairs.

"You both still have your same rooms when you were younger, the only thing is, I fixed them up to, I fixed everything up in this house, as you both can clearly see,"

"Oh my god, I can't wait to see!" Eva exclaimed literally jumping up and down.

Finally making it up to their room off memory, Milan opened her door. Her new room was a sight to behold. The walls had been painted a soft shade of lavender, and the old carpet had been replaced with hardwood floors. The centerpiece of the room was a large four-poster bed with a fluffy white comforter and matching pillows. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, casting a warm glow over the room. Against the one wall was a sleek white desk with a matching chair, perfect for doing homework or studying.

Above the desk was a empty bulletin board, waiting for be cover in pictures or notes. In the corner of the room was a cozy reading nook, complete with a plush armchair and a stack of books. Milan's favorite part of the room however, was the large window that overlooked the backyard. Her dad had hung sheer white curtains that billowed in the breeze, making the room feel light and airy. All in all, Milan's room was the perfect space for her to relax and unwind after a long day of school and racing.

Softly flopping down on the bed, she released a sigh. The bed felt good(not better then the one in Paris) but just stiff, from no one laying on it. Dave leaned on the door frame with his arms crossed.

"You like it?" Dave asked

"Ohhh yeahhh." The midnight blue eyed girl Exhaled.

"Glad you like it kiddo." Eva appeared out of nowhere.

"DAD! How much did you spend on all of this? YOU MUST BE RICH! Can I have some money?" She said all in one breath. Dave and Milan laughed.

"Uh first, I spent a BOAT load of money, second, your dear old dad indeed is rich, and third, YOU CAN HAVE ANYTHING YOU WANT!" Milan's dad exclaimed happily.

"YES!" Eva rejoiced, to the last part.

"Oh! Milan, come look at my room, it's wayyy better then yours," Eva teased.

"Oh yeah? I'll be the judge of that," Milan got up from the bed and walked to her sisters room that was right next to hers.

Looking inside, Eva's room clearly reflected her personality: Bright, bold, and full of energy. The walls had been painted a sunny shade of yellow, and the same old carpet that was in Milan's room, was replaced as well with a plush white shag rug. Against one wall was a large white bookshelf filled with books, Knick-knacks and a photo of Eva. Above the bookshelf was a string of colorful fairy lights that added a playful touch to the room.

The center piece of the room was a funky platform bed with a bright pink comforter and matching pillows. A neon sign read "dream big" hung above the headboard. In one corner of the room was a desk with a hot pink chair, perfect for Eva to do her homework and to practice makeup tutorials. Above the desk was a round mirror surrounded by lightbulbs, just like the ones used by makeup artist. Eva's room was a fun and vibrant space that perfectly captured her spirit.

"It's nice, but it definitely not better then mines." Milan dragged out the word 'nice', while she having a bored look on her face as she rolled her eyes.

"Please, you have an grandma room. Maybe grandma helped dad design yours." Eva closed her eyes stuck out her tongue. Milan grabbed the nearest soft object, which was a plushie, and beamed it at her sisters face. It smacked against her forehead which caused Eva to fall on her butt, rubbing her head.

"Oww!" Eva yelled.

The onyx haired girl mocked her sister by sticking out her tongue and laughing.

"DAD!" Eva groaned.

"You little-" Milan was cut off.

"Girls stop messing around and come downstairs so we can leave!" Dave yelled up the stairs.
————

The family were sitting at the table, enjoying their take out, talking and laughing. It is now 8:46 at night. Dave took his daughters shopping, to a movie theater, and an amusement park, called "My Land". They had an awesome time today and to be honest, Milan wished it would never stop.

"So dad, have you seen Dom?" The midnight blue eyed girl asked nervously.

"Dom? Of course Ive seen that kid,"

"How is he?" Milan played with her food

Dave swallowed his food and spoke.

"He's been good, he's helping his dad by being a DJ at his club." Milan snickered.

"DJ? Dom.. is a DJ..?" Milan couldn't hold it in and burst out laughing.

"Yup, he's pretty good if you ask me," Dave shrugged his shoulders.

"Ahh; i can't believe it," Milan's laughing died down and she leaned back in the chair.

"Me neither, until I saw him. Oh and speaking of dom," Her father wiped his mouth.

"He's going to school called Sunny High school, and I enrolled you in it. Your first day starts tomorrow. And Eva you're going to Bakmun Middle school. Both of your uniforms should be in your drawers."

"Aww man we're starting school already?" Eva groaned

"Yes, you left your school in Paris in the middle of the school year, what did you think, you were just going to skip going to school because you came down here?" Dave asked genuinely confused with his youngest daughter.

"Uhh.. yes?" Eva said but it sounded more like a question then an answer.

"Uh, no. Now finish eating up, you both have to wake up at 6:45."
————

The family finished their meal, now Milan is up in her room. She took a shower and is currently on her phone. Earlier, Milan called her mom and let her know that she and her sister safely reached Korea and is now with their dad. Her room is dark and the only source of light is coming from her phone. She's starring at her home screen unsure of what she had to do.

"Oh, that's what I forgot." She said to herself.

Opening up her messages, she clicked on Owens. The last message was from him. She didn't receive it because he texted her when her phone was on Airplane mode.

Milan: 10:32 pm
'I made it to Korea.'

Waiting for the 3 dots to appear, she brought her thumb to her plump lips and nibbled on her nail. Then it happened.

Owen: 10:33 pm
'I'm mad at you.'

Milan's face quickly went from resting, to a scowl.

Milan: 10:33 pm
'Bastard, I responded, what more do you want from me?'
Owen: 10:34 pm
'You left without letting me know:( I was sad.'

Milan did feel kinda bad that she didn't let Owen know till last minute. So she decided, in her own little way to apologize. Getting out her bed, she quietly crept down the stairs and into the kitchen. Heading towards the freezer, she pulled out a box of Mint Choco ice cream. Opening her camera on her phone, she took a picture of it and sent it to Owen, and he quickly responded. Smiling, she knew this would cheer him up.

Owen: 10:37 pm
'And now you're teasing me with my favorite ice cream.. what have I done to deserve this?' 

The smile quickly faded.

Milan: 10:36 pm
'What do you mean? I brought it for you.'
Owen:10:36 pm
'How could you have brought it for me, when I'm not even there to enjoy it? Admit it, you wanna see me suffer'
Milan: 10:37 pm
'I see what you're doing and it's not going to work.'

Milan caught on quickly. That bastard wasn't slick. He wanted Milan to say the words 'I am sorry' and he knows, that she can never say that sentence even if she tried her hardest.

Owen: 10:37 pm
'What am I doing but dying from heartbreak?'
Milan: 10:38 pm
'You're not slick Mr.Knight, I won't be saying it.'
Owen: 10:38 pm
'Saying what Ms.Yeo? OH! You must talking about the words I'm sorry, aren't you?'
Milan: 10:39 pm
'Yup, and I won't be sayin it'
Owen: 10:39 pm
'Awe you won't say it, even for me?:('
Milan: 10:39 pm
'Nope, not even for you.'
Owen: 10:40 pm
'Pretty please, with a strawberry on top?'
Milan: 10:40 pm
'Nope'
Owen: 10:40 pm
'Please'
Milan: 10:40 pm
'No, don't ask again'
Owen: 10:41 pm
'Fine, I'll just go crawl in a ditch and die then'

Milan sighed, she's getting tired and she just wants to go to bed. Maybe saying it one time wouldn't hurt, and it will definitely get him to shut up.

Milan: 10:42 pm
'Fine, I'll say it'
Owen: 10:42 pm
'YOU WILL??'
Milan: 10:42 pm
'Yes'
Milan: 10:43 pm
'sorry'
Milan: 10:43 pm
'Gn'
Owen: 10:43 pm
'It's in French but I'll take it! Goodnight! Sleep tight blue, and dream about me'

He sent the last message with a red heart. Milan groaned. Putting the ice cream back in the refrigerator, she turned off the light and returned to her room. Laying on her bed, she put her phone on the charger and turned over to face the window. Feeling nervous about tomorrow, clutching her necklace and closing her eyes, letting the sleep take over her body.

To be continued..
————

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

237K 9.4K 48
* I don't know what exactly was going on inside my head when I was writing this story.... All I can say is, that it's written pretty bad. If you want...
42.3K 1.2K 35
Elizabeth Kang never felt like she belonged with her family. Maybe it was because she felt estranged by them or maybe it was something she did. P.S:...
6.6K 324 18
Constult: to act stupidly or foolish together. "You know they say the line between love and hate is thin I think I realized that a while ago when I...
49.3K 2.7K 53
Make it right | BOOK 2 | REINCARNATION Happy ending! ( as you all wanted) I am writing this book 2 for you all only so do support it please! I woul...