Rooming with Chase

By book_bitch07

I run out of the shower and crash into somebody making us both fall to the floor. What is it with me and cras... More

~PREFACE~
~CHARACTER AESTHETICS~
~PROLOGUE~
~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15~
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~CHAPTER 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~
~CHAPTER 33~
~CHAPTER 34~
~CHAPTER 35~
~CHAPTER 36~
~CHAPTER 37~
~CHAPTER 38~
~CHAPTER 39~
~CHAPTER 40~
~CHAPTER 41~
~CHAPTER 42~
~CHAPTER 43~
~CHAPTER 44~
~CHAPTER 45~
~CHAPTER 46~
~CHAPTER 47~
~CHAPTER 48~
~CHAPTER 49~
~CHAPTER 50~
~CHAPTER 51~
~CHAPTER 52~
~CHAPTER 53~
~CHAPTER 54~
~CHAPTER 56~
~CHAPTER 57~
~CHAPTER 58~
~CHAPTER 59~
~CHAPTER 60~
~EPILOGUE~
Next Book!!

~CHAPTER 55~

2.3K 69 15
By book_bitch07

*•*•*•I love you•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

"Looks like there are not enough cookies and no ingredients so I'm going to have to go to the store." Addie says as we all look at her. She sighs and rounds the counter.

"You want me to go with you?" I asks and she shakes her head.

"Nah, I'm good, that's just around the corner." She walks over to me and kisses my head, then proceeds to kiss everybody else's head. "You may continue conversing about whatever as long as it's not about me." She points at Marcus and he smiles shaking his head.

"See you in a bit." Marcus says and she waves over her head. I smile at her retreating figure and Marcus smiles at me.

"What? Do I have cookies in my face?"

"No. You just..."

"You're in love with her." Shawn says and I chuckled my cheeks reddening.

"I am. She's beautiful." I say and they nod.

"You like her for how she looks?" Marcus asks and I shake my head.

"No. Beautiful isn't just about looks. It's more so about personality. I mean yeah she looks pretty but that's not what matters. It's the way she smiles, the way she yells in Spanish when she's mad, the way she will laugh at the worst jokes." I chuckle at that. "It's the way she is. She. Is. Beautiful." I state looking at nothing just smiling at the thought of her.

I look up and see that Marcus is about to say something, but he's interrupted by the sound of the front door being closed.

"We're back!" I heard Sebastian yell from the front door. "Nat is parking the car and looking at her phone so she's going to be a while."

"We're in the kitchen!" Shawn yelled back and I chuckled. I love this. The chaos, the commotion, the happiness. Truth be told we have this back at my house too, but not like this. Here it's louder and more familiar. And I love that. It's feels just like Addie.

As they're walking into the kitchen I feel my phone buz in my back pocket. I take it out and see that it's Addie calling me. She left like three minutes ago.

"Princess?" I answer the phone, but I don't hear a response. I hear metal creaking.

"I love you." I heard her groan and instant panic sets in me.

A thousand thoughts run through my mind.

"Princess? Where are you? What's happening?" I asked a bunch of other questions but she faintly answers them. Then the line goes dead and I look at my phone. I pull my phone back to look at my contact list letting me know that the call was cut.

Everybody in the kitchen was looking at me and I look at Cole.

"Call 911." I told him and he looks confused. "Cole. CALL 911!!"

"What happened?"

"I don't know. She called and I answered and she just said I love you. She sounded in pain. She answered faintly. I think she was trying to tell me where she was, but I couldn't hear her. It was almost like she was whispering." I says as I keep trying her number. Each time she doesn't answer.

"Where did she go?" May asks worried just like all of us.

"Five minutes ago she said that she was going to the supermarket to get some ingredients for the cookies." I say my voice shaking and I get that feeling again. The one from Halloween.

This feeling of constriction. This feeling of not being able to breathe. I look at Cole and he understands what is happening since he was there the last time.

My hands start shaking and the air doesn't reach my lungs. Am I dying? I feel the tears running down my eyes. This can't be good right?

"Lucas give them the information." Cole says while looking at me.

"What?" He grabs the phone and looks at Cole.

"Tell them what Chase just told us." Cole hands the phone over to Lucas and comes to me. He grabs me by my arms and sits me next to the counter right where I was standing. Im gasping and grasping at my throat trying to get some air through to my lungs. "Chase?"

"Chase look at me."  I can barely look at him. Only the worst things going through my mind right now. This can't be happening. I just got her back I can't lose her. "May get me a wet towel. Lizzie see if you can find honey." I could hear everything, but my mind could only focus on the bad things happening right now.

"Daddy? Where are the cookies?"

"They're not ready yet hunny bun. Come on let's go up to your room." Shawn says leading his daughter and his son away from the heartache.

"Here." I heard May's voice and then feel a wet towel being pressed against my forehead.

"Chase, I need you to breath. I need you to take deep breaths." Cole says in a calm voice trying not to startle me any more than I already am.

"They're sending an ambulance to the crash. Apparently somebody saw them and called for  two ambulances." Lucas says and I feel my chest closing all over again.

A crash. A car crash. In the car that she was scared of driving. She doesn't deserve that.

"We need to go." I say my voice breaking on the middle. I try to get up and. Cole pushes me down on the floor.

"You can't go like this. You need to breathe. Lizzie where's that honey." He looks up and swears. He stands up leaving me hesitantly. That's the moment Natasha decides to enter the kitchen.

"I'm looking, but I can't find it. Fuck!" I hear her exclaim. Cole finds it easily and comes back to me, pouring honey on a spoon and handing me the spoon.

"Eat this."

"What's going on?" Natasha starts to look around trying to find out what's wrong. I finally look up and see Mark whispering something in her ear and her face fall into one of worry and sadness.

I look back at Cole who was still holding the spoon to my face and I grab it shoving it in my mouth. It takes a few minutes of silence and everybody looking at me, but I calm down and the tears die down.

"That's good. Breathe in slow, hold it, then release it." Cole says and I nod. My head going to my knees and my hands going behind my head.

"Thank you."

"There's no need." Cole says and I look up shaking my head.

"Thank you." I say and he nods. "We need to go."

He nods and grabs my arm lifting me and we s start to rush to the cars. I sit in the front seat next to sebastian who was driving. In the backseat was, Lizzie May and Cole. In the other car was, Natasha, Marcus, and Lucas.  I was looking out the window anxiously. We take the route fastest to the hospital closest to the crash.

We all get out of the cars in a hurry and run towards the ER doors. I go straight up yo the desk.

"Are there any car crash patients here?" I ask and she looks at the computer.

"Two people are being brought in." The nurse says and a doctor comes rushing into the ER but stops when he sees us.

"Natasha? What are you doing here?" He asks.

"It's Maddie. The person that got into a car crash was Maddie." Nat cries trying to hold back sobs.

"What?.." he's cut short when a man in a gurney is being wheeled in.

"Riley Walker, age 27, he was conscious when we arrived at the scene, coded on the way here. Hasn't regained consciousness." The paramedics told the doctor that had Rushed into the ER.

"Johnson take him." He signals another doctor and she comes running over to take the guy away.

Another paramedic enters the ER rolling in a gurney, only this time it's not a random person, it's my girl, this time it's Addie.

"Maddison McKenna, age 17, found unconscious upon arrival, stab wound to the shoulder and a broken leg." The paramedic informs him and he nods.

"Let's get her to a CT now, there could be internal bleeding." He says and the rush her away. He stays back and looks at Natasha.

"She's going to be okay. We didn't let her die the first time. Nothing will happen this time."

"Thank you Tom." He nods and walks away. And just like that, I'm in my mind again. That was Addie the one that they rolled in here. She has gone through so much bad shit. She lost her mom, she got into a car crash, she lost her father, she had to room with me, she got cheated on, and now this shit? She deserves so much better.

"I'm going to go call Shawn." Marcus said and all of us nod rotating from the ER to the waiting room. Sitting in the waiting room could've been the worst thing in this planet since we were all wrecks.

"Chase?" Cole asked from in front of me and I look up now more aware than I had been before. "Let's go for a walk."

"But I-"

"He won't come back for a while." He says and nod agreeing hesitantly. I stand up and we start walking before I stop.

"Call me if he comes back. Please?" I tell Lizzie and she nods.

"Of course."

I follow Cole and we walk around for a while until he asks where the cafeteria is and a nurse kindly pointed it out towards us. We said thank you and made our way to the cafeteria.

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask as we walk through the doors of the cafeteria.

"To take your mind off of what's happening over there. There are too many worries faces and sad expressions going around that room and I don't want you to have another panic attack."

"How did you know what to do?" We go stand in line as he explains.

"After Halloween I googled what to do. I didn't want to be unprepared in case it happened again, wishing it didn't happen again, because it looked brutal."

"Well it happened again." I chuckle humorlessly.

"Had it happened before? Before Halloween I mean?"

"No. That was the first. I thought I was dying."

"I'm sorry man."

"It okay. You helped me this time which is what mattered. And I guess you were right. I couldn't go like that to see Addie, because seeing her in a car crash would've... it would've been bad."

"I'm glad you followed instructions.

"Me too." I nod and grab a coffee cup and serve myself some coffee.

...

About two and a half hours ago, Tom came and told us that Maddie would need surgery for the leg and for her internal bleeding. Natasha signed off on everything and we all waited anxiously for Tom to come back. While we were waiting some of us fell asleep.

"Chase wake up, the doctors here." Lucas says and I try to nod stretching out a little. I look up and see the doctor.

"The surgery went extremely well... we did have complications, that we were able to take control of, she's not breathing on her own yet, so we've intubated her, and all we have to wait for her to wake up."

"How long is that going to be?"

"It's could be hours just as much as it could be days." He says shaking his head. "I really wish I had a more accurate answer."

"It's okay. You've done more than enough and I will never be able to thank you enough for saving my daughter not once, but twice."

"You don't need to thank me." He puts his hand up shaking his head.

"When can we see her?" I ask and he looks at me.

"You can all see her now." He says and Lucas wakes Lizzie up while Sebastian wakes up May. We all walk down the fluorescent lit hallways and finally reach Addie's room.

"You guys can go in. nurses will be walking in and out, checking her vitals and everything else."

"Thank you so much." I say and open the door walking in, everybody follows in suit and walk in. I see her lying on the gurney, with tubs coming out of her mouth and strings attached everywhere sending signals to the beeping machines above her head. I let a tear fall from my eye before wiping it.

I walked out of the room, refusing to see her, I can't see her like that. She looks so helpless, she's always up and active and full of energy and seeing her lay the helpless, it just, it breaks my heart. I stand next to the door and rest my back against the wall sliding until I reach the floor under me.

After two an a half hours of sitting here I hear the door open. I look up and see May, Lizzie, Cole and Lucas walk out of the room.

"We wanted to give Natasha, Sebastian and Marcus some privacy." May explains and I nod. "She's going to wake up."

"I need her to wake up." I sniffle seeing everybody looking as sad as me. "I won't survive if she doesn't."

"She'll be alright. She's a fighter."

"She is." I say and we all nod in agreement with the statements that fill the air. Natasha, Seb and Marcus walk out of the room and look at me. I look around and see that everybody is looking at me.

I need to go in. I stand up and walk towards her door. I go in and close the door behind me. I walk to the chair the was pulled up next to her bed and sit down dragging it closer.

"Hey princess." I say and grab her hand kissing it. I can already feel the tears well up in my eyes as I say the next words. "I love you."

"I don't know if you can hear me. But I love you. I don't think I've said it enough in these last week."

"I really want you to say it back right now. But um... you need your rest so you don't have to say it right now." I wipe away the tears that were streaming out of my eyes. "The only thing I want you to say is that you'll say it again. Please tell me that I'll hear you say it again."

I sob into her hand, kissing it repeatedly. I lay my head on her bed and keep sobbing. I knew that there was no way I was going to stop the tears from falling. So I just let them flow through me. They fall and I sob, in a way, it's bittersweet to cry for those you love. It's bittersweet to cry for those you love because you love them enough to cry for them and that has to say something. Right? My love for this girl in front of me has to say something right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Y'ALL!! I don't know how to feel about this chapter... is it good? It's supposed to be a filler only. The next one is the important one. Also, I think tomorrow is going to be our last Friday. I think I'm not sure... but it's sad!! Anyways let's not talk about that. Let's talk about this chapter. Please tell me how you guys feel about it? Are you guys excited for the next one?

If you enjoyed this chapter please, please, pleaseeeeeee... comment, vote and share.

I really do hope all of you liked this chapter!! I'll be seeing all of you tomorrow. Byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 729 37
Fawn Oakley grew up terribly poor until over time her life drastically changed and now she's rich. Adjusting to the new lifestyle isn't very hard exc...
21.1K 359 16
you and blake- life long best friends with so much love unheard of and unseen. but what happens when the diaries full of pages about him suddenly can...
43.1K 2.8K 22
A young, fearless, warrior must protect her clan and her land from enemies beyond her frontiers. She must also contain dissension from within her cl...
The Elites By Cade

Teen Fiction

2M 60.5K 62
After flying overseas to enroll in a prestigious boarding school, Blake Graham assumes that she can finally catch a break. Instead, she encounters t...