If I'm There - Noah Sebastian

By njwill96

The most unnatural way to meet, who knew two worlds could collide into fireworks. What will happen when Lou's... More

Chapter 1 - See you soon.
Chapter 2 - Concrete JUNGLE.
Chapter 4 - Dont Play Games With Me, Nicholas.
Chapter 5 - Home.
Chapter 6 - Pick ya' jaw up.
Chapter 7 - Road Trip
Chapter 8 - 3618 Miles In between.
Chapter 9 - I'll move heaven and hell.
Chapter 10 - Solace to my mind and soul.
Chapter 11 - What the fuck are butties?
Chapter 12- What's keeping me here?

Chapter 3 - This night. Perfect.

534 11 0
By njwill96

I walk in, and I'm met with the whole band I've just seen an hour before on stage. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking for Noah straight away.

The drummer comes over and introduces himself. "I'm Nick, but so is he, so call me Folio," he says as he points to the other guitarist.
Nick waves "Hey, I'm Nicholas, but call me Nick. How'd you enjoy the show?"
"Nice to meet you guys. You fucking killed it, honestly. One of my new faves"
"Aw man, you serious?" Folio replies struggling to open a water bottle.
I smile and sign a cross on my heart.

Noah walks in from another connecting room and his presence can't go unnoticed. The tallest man by far and the most beautiful. I feel my cheeks getting hot as he walks over and hugs me.
"You didn't say you were coming tonight?"
"Yeah I came to see Black Veil Brides, sorry guys" I said while smirking at the others. I went shy knowing I couldn't say it earlier because I was too lost in Noah's eyes after saving him.

"So this is the chick who saved you today, huh Noah?" Folio says before chugging a whole water bottle in one.
"Yeah, man, she's the one," he says while smiling right at me.

She's the one.

Those words hit me like a ton of bricks, and I could feel the walls closing in on me. I laugh and joke, "yeah well the guy couldn't even pick nail varnish out without looking like he was about to cry so I thought I'd do my good deed of the day and save him before he had a mental breakdown."
The guys roar with laughter, and Noah stands there smirking and shaking his head at me.

I looked down and noticed his nails weren't painted. He clocked me looking and held his hand up. "I didn't have time... I was too busy having a mental breakdown, " he mimicks me and winks as he does so.

"Give me the polish, I'll do them now for you. Save you the job of potentially fucking them up"

He raises he's beautiful eyebrows, exposing more of his eyes to get lost in and goes into the other room as the boys all go "Oooooooo wheeeeyyy" at my insult and we all end in laughter.

He comes back in with the nail polish I sold him earlier. The rest of the boys stand up and announce they're going for a smoke.
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do, kids" Jolly taunted as he was leaving the room.
Noah held his middle finger up to them and muttered "Fucks" under his breath.

He sat down next to me and I felt every hair on my body stand up. I wasn't cold but I had goosebumps everywhere as he hesitantly put his hand on my knee.

I stayed painting his nails, I was trying so hard not to gaze at his tattoos. I'm too nervous to speak right now, so we sat comfortably in silence.

"You have some cool ink." He finally utters.
"Thanks... so do you."

It's silent again for a few minutes as I blow on his nails in attempt to dry them faster.

"I understand now why you were being asked for pictures earlier. I have to admit, I had no idea who you were."
"Yeaaaahhh, I didn't want to say. I liked how normal you were with me, we've grown so popular over the last year, especially since we won best album at the Heavy Metal Music Awards in the UK."
"Oooooo very fancy, you must be so proud. After listening to you guys tonight, it's very well deserved as well. "

He dropped his head and smiled.

"Is that THE Noah, of Bad Omens getting... shy?" I laughed.

He jabbed me with his big hands laughing, and I smudged black polish all over his finger.

"Fuck, I'm sorry!"

"Don't be sorry you muppet" I laughed, as I wiped away polish and smeared it on my playsuit.

"Muppet?" He frowned as he was laughing.

"Must be an English phrase... also an idiot. "

I finished painting his nails and started blowing them to dry. He helps.

"These look sick, thanks, Lou. I'm so shit at doing it. Maybe I can hire you to come on tour and paint my nails. "

"Well, I'll gladly accept," I winked, and I noticed his smile slowly fade as he looked at me. We're sitting close, breathing in unison. I can feel his warm breath making its way to my face as we sit in silence, taking in each others universe through our eyes, neither of us saying a word verbally but saying a thousand through our eyes.

We both snap out of it quickly as the door swings open and the guys walk back in, bickering about something like a married couple.
Noah holds his hands up, showing off his freshly painted nails, and Jolly says, "Hey, they look so sick. Can you do mine?!"

I pat the empty space next to me where Noah was sat, the heat from his body still radiating off the leather. Jolly slams down next to me and holds his hand up. I place it on my knee and start painting.

Noah shouts from the other room. "Hey L, want a drink? We got water, beer, or Red Bull?"

A nickname, L? Fuck, how can he get any cuter?

"Beer please, I'm driving but one more will be fine"

He walks in holding two beers and sets one down on the table in front of me. He opens the other and hands it to me while I take a sip.

I finish painting Jolly's nails; "Lou, these look sick, next time I want flames on them too, fuck yeaaaahhh," he says as he shoots his arms up showing off his nails.

I chuckle and take another sip of my beer. We sit there and they ask questions about my life, what I do in work, my tattoos and I ask them about band life and touring life.

"Yeah, it's mental, man. This last year has been crazy. Thank God for Covid and Noah being locked inside managing to produce this album, it's actually been a blessing in disguise." Nick says as he's shoving his thick black hair into a messy bun.

I take my phone from my pocket and look at the time 1:30 am. Thank fuck I don't have work tomorrow.

2 unread messages
Jesse: We're home, u okay? Where did u go?

May: Home safe.❤️ Where the fuck did you end up? Please tell me you met Andy and fell in love?!??!

I didn't meet Andy, but the latter may be correct.

notices me looking at my phone. "Shit, sorry. I didn't realise how late it is, do you need to go?"

"Yeah, I best head off. It's way past my bed time".

The boys chuckle.

"It's been nice meeting you Lou, hopefully we'll see you again soon!" Folio adds while leaning in to hug me.

Jolly stands behind eagerly awaiting his turn; "Yeah dude, it's been fun. Thanks again for the nails, and remember... Next time, flamessssss," he emphasises.

I laugh and go in for a big bear hug. He may look angry on stage, but he's the biggest softy behind it all.

Nicholas comes over next and gives me a hug. "See ya soon, bro! It's been nice chatting. "

Noah stands by the door, opening it. "I'll walk you to your car, can't have you getting lost or stolen now, can we?"

"Cya lads, it's been a sick night. I'll be at the next show in Manchester for sure!! Thanks for having me. "

They all wave back and mutter cyas and byes.

Noah and I walk down the corridor to the fire exit, and it takes me a minute to realise where we were before heading to my car.

We walk in silence, the only sound is the chattering of my teeth. It's so hot at the moment but absolutely fucking freezing when it's night time.

I notice Noah stop and take his hoodie off, he hands it me.

"Do you mind? I didn't bring a coat cause I'm a dickhead."

"Honestly, it's the least I can do for you saving me today." He smiled and helped me get it on.
It's like a dress.

"Fucking hell, how tall are you? I could wear this as a nightie."

He laughed, "6'3"

"Jeez, you're a giant. I'm like a hobbit next to you. "

He smiled and we carried on walking. The air of the night is so crisp. During the day, the traffic makes the air muggy and polluted, but it's quiet now. Cold sharp air hitting the back of my throat and into my lungs, creating waves of steam when I breathe out.

We get to my car and I start taking his hoodie off. I was hoping he was going to stop me so I could keep it.

"Nah, keep it. It doesn't look like you managed to get merch today, so please, enjoy your new nightie." He grinned. His perfectly white teeth on show.

I laugh, but also sigh with relief. It's gone silent again. It's such a comfortable silence with him, almost like we've known each other forever and can speak with our minds instead of words.

I start scuffing the gravel on the ground with my foot as Noah watched. We both knew what we were thinking, but who's going to say it?

"I really enjoyed tonight. Thanks for the nails again. The boys loved your company, and so did I."

"Honestly, any time, it's been such a good night. I don't want it to end."

"Erm, Lou?"

I look up and see his big coffee-coloured eyes looking down at me.

"I know we've just met, but I feel like I know you, and it's totally fine if not, but could I get your number? I'd love to see you again."

I could feel my heart screaming inside. I had to wait a minute before I spoke in case I accidentally screamed in his face.

"Yeah, cool, definitely, that would be sweet." I shrug it off, trying to play it cool, knowing I'm not fooling anyone. Not even Noah.

I put my number in his phone and he rings it. I grab my phone from my pocket and save his number.

"Okay, goooo, before you get hypothermia since you don't want your hoodie back, you know you're way back okay?"

"Yeah, I got it, don't worry. Text me when you're home so I know you got there safely."

He leans down and gives me the most homely hug I've ever had. The perfect amount of squeeze without suffocating me, I'm on my tiptoes and I can smell his hair. A mixture of Noah and sweat but oddly perfect.
He pulls out and gently kisses my cheek.

I get in my car and start driving off, I can see him in my rear view mirror, getting smaller until I turn a corner and can't see him anymore.
My heart shatters just a little, knowing this perfect night is almost over. Tears form in my eyes. Is this what love feels like?

I plug my phone in and start playing Bad Omens on Spotify.

I roll my windows down so I can feel the icy air of the early morning on my face.

This night. Perfect.

I get home and text Jesse and May back, letting them know I'm home safe and sound.

I was about to text Noah when I get a text through...

Noah: Are you home yet? Thanks again for coming back. You're such an amazing girl.

Lou: Yeah, I just got in. I'm getting some sleep, speak soon?

Noah: Definitely. Goodnight L. x

Lou: Night Noah. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 1.9K 52
•Two good friends. •No strings attached. But when the inevitable happens and strings begin to tie, what will come of their friendship? ...
10.4K 316 56
If we're drowning in toxicity, will love be enough?
14K 470 42
What Vivian never considered, was maybe it was her fault? All the things she's been through, may just as well have been to her own doing. Vivian and...
8.3K 174 47
Margo Brown, twenty five year old writer is desperate to pave her own path and to get out of her small town in Scotland. A month before she is due t...