๐•๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ฆ๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•‚๐•ช๐• ๐•ค๐•™๏ฟฝ...

By angelicMichiko

Venus runs away from her drug-addicted mother and joins an elite team of female warriors. Kyoshi Island is vi... More

Information on Venus๏ฟผ
Backstory
Chapter 1- The Avatar Is on Kyoshi Island
Chapter 2- The Crazy King
Chapter 3- Imprisonment
Chapter 4- The Waterbending Scroll
Chapter 5- Jet
Chapter 6- The Fortune Teller
Chapter 7- Bato of the Water Tribe
Chapter 8- The Deserter
Chapter 9- The North Pole
Chapter 10- Water Tribe Sleepover
Chapter 11- The Meeting
Chapter 12- Hey, Neymar?
Chapter 13- The Siege of the North: Part 1
Chapter 14- Personal Bodyguard
Chapter 15- The Siege of the North: Part 2
Chapter 16- The Avatar State
Chapter 17- Delicate Flower
Chapter 18- The Cave of Two Lover
Chapter 19- Return to Omashu
Chapter 20- The Swamp
Chapter 21- Avatar Day
Chapter 22- The Blind Bandit
Chapter 23- The Chase
Chapter 24- Bitter Work
Chapter 25- The Library
Chapter 26- The Desert
Chapter 27- The Serpent's Pass
Chapter 28- Hope
Chapter 29- The Drill
Chapter 30- City of Walls and Secrets
Chapter 31-The Tales of Venus and Sokka
Chapter 32- My Ex Is Back
Chapter 33- The Earth King
Chapter 34-Daddy Hakoda
Chapter 35- The Crossroads of Destiny
Chapter 36- The Awakening
Chapter 37- The Headband
Chapter 38- Sokka's Master
Chapter 39- Metal Man and Interruptions
Chapter 40- The Runaway
Chapter 41- Water Tribe Stories
Chapter 42- The Puppetmaster
Chapter 43- Wet Dreams
Chapter 44- Nightmares and Daydreams
Chapter 45- Before the Invasion
Chapter 46-The Day of Black Sun, Part 1: The Invasion
Chapter 47- The Day of Black Sun, Part 2: The Eclipse
Chapter 48- Venus Alone
Chapter 49- The Boiling Rock, Part 1
Chapter 50- The Boiling Rock, Part 2
Chapter 52- Don't Go Into the Tent
Chapter 53- Wait, Is this Fucking Play About Us?
Chapter 54- Quickie
Chapter 55- Melonlord
Chapter 56- Old People Camp
Chapter 57- Into the Deep End
Chapter 58- Spirit World
Chapter 59- Happy Ending

Chapter 51- Family Ties

473 16 115
By angelicMichiko

It had been a few days since my return from prison. Sokka and I were relishing our time together when Zuko approached us. "Hey," he said, sliding over to our side.

I turned my head to see Zuko, offering a friendly greeting. "Hey, Zuko."

"Mind if we have a chat?" he asked.

Confusion crossed my face as I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yeah, sure. Sokka, could you give us a moment?"

"Sure," Sokka replied, standing up and giving us some privacy.

I leaned in, curious. "What's on your mind?"

Zuko's voice carried a sense of urgency. "There's something I forgot to mention, I know where your mother is."

My heart sank, and a wave of nausea washed over me. "My mother? How-?"

Zuko grimaced, clearly regretting his choice of words. "Well, I don't have the exact location, but I know someone who does."

I looked down, struggling to process the news. "Why are you telling me this now?"

"Because this person wants you to meet your mother. We used to...let's say have business together, a long time ago and when she saw you, she recognized the resemblance and gave me a note to pass on to you someday."

I glanced up at Zuko, trying to avoid focusing on his scar. "You've held onto this for all these years?"

Zuko blushed slightly, correcting me. "Actually, it's been a few months, but yes, I have." He extended the crumpled piece of paper from his pocket.

A mix of emotions overwhelmed me. I didn't know whether to cry, laugh or throw up.

But in that moment, I chose to fake a smile. I carefully unraveled the letter and began reading.

Dear Venus,

I understand we haven't properly met, but I am acquainted with your life more than you may realize. You're probably wondering who in the  spirits is sending you this message and why it ended up in the hands of that prince pouty and his creepy grandpa, but it was the only solution I could think of. I sincerely hope that the prince has delivered this letter to you, or I will personally ensure that he faces the consequences. But let's not dwell on that.

I possess knowledge of your mother's identity and her current whereabouts. I am well aware of the hardships she has put you through. However, if you still desire to meet her, you have the opportunity to do so. I am located at the border between the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation. Prince pouty knows exactly where to find me. I strongly believe that reuniting with your mother could bring her immense joy and maybe you as well. Think about it 💋

Your favorite Bounty Hunter

Zuko glanced over my shoulder, noticing a smudge of red lipstick on the paper. "Oh, gross, she left her lipstick mark on it."

Tears streamed down my face as I continued to read the letter repeatedly. Eventually, I crumpled it up and angrily tossed it into the fountain.

"I hate that woman," I muttered through my tears.

"Ve-" Zuko began to speak, but I interrupted him.

"Zuko, she's unhinged...crazy....manipulative! I don't want any part of her."

Zuko shrugged, his expression conflicted. "I don't know, maybe you should consider seeing her. I would give anything to see my mother again."

Frustration etched on my face as I bit my lip lightly. "That's because you had a better relationship with your mom. She loved you."

Zuko pursed his lips, his gaze downcast.

"Has your mother ever asked you to light her tobacco or buy lingerie for her encounters with random men? Has she ever asked her young daughter to sew up her wounds?" I continued, my voice filled with pain.

"Okay, okay, I understand. I'm sorry for bringing it up. I just wanted to let you know," Zuko replied apologetically.

I placed a comforting hand on Zuko's shoulder. "It's not your fault. Thank you for telling me."

Zuko nodded as Sokka returned to us.

"What's going on?" Sokka asked, sensing the tension.

"Oh, nothing much. Just that Zuko knows where my mom is," I replied with a shrug.

"Oh, oka-" Sokka's eyes widened. "Zuko knows where your mom is?!"

I sighed, raising an eyebrow. "He knows someone who knows her."

"Venus, this is a huge news! We have to go see her!" Sokka exclaimed.

I wrinkled my nose in disgust. "You too?"

"Well, yeah!" Sokka affirmed.

I bit the inside of my cheek, torn. "I... I don't know."

Sokka placed his hands on my shoulders, his voice earnest. "Venus, this is your chance to confront your mom, to ask the questions you've never had the opportunity to ask before. I would do anything to see my mother again."

Why does everyone guilt-trip me with their own mommy issues?

I let out a small sigh. "But I've been doing so well without her. I'm afraid that if I see her again, I'll turn back to my old ways."

Sokka shook his head. "No, you won't. I've witnessed your growth from the beginning. You're not going back to your old ways. I'm not telling you what to do, but I believe you might regret it if you pass up this chance."

I pondered for a moment. "Fine, we'll go see her. I might regret it, but we'll go."

Sokka pulled me into a gentle embrace, kissing my temple. "You're maturing so much. I'll go inform Zuko!"

I watched as Sokka hurried off to let Zuko know about our decision to leave later that night.

Throughout the day, my nerves consumed me. I couldn't eat anything; all I could think about was the woman I was about to meet.

The unbearable sensation overwhelmed me, and I rushed to the edge of the temple, throwing up everything that was in my system, which was only just water.

I vomited and cried, feeling utterly miserable. Suddenly, I felt a hand patting my back. "It's okay, pretty princess."

I looked up to see Toph standing beside me. "Leave me alone," I sobbed. "Let me cry and look ugly in peace."

Toph awkwardly ruffled my hair. "Good thing I'm blind, huh?"

I let out a quivering sigh. "I guess."

"So, what's got you throwing up? I can sense your nervousness," Toph inquired.

"I... I'm going to meet my mom," I choked out between sobs.

"Well, that's great!" Toph exclaimed. "But why are you crying?"

I wiped away the droplets from my nose. "You don't understand. My mom is a terrible person. She's done awful things and ruined my childhood."

Toph's eyes widened. "I guess we all have our share of mommy and daddy issues in this group, don't we?"

I nodded, managing a slight chuckle. "Seems that way."

Toph sat down beside me, crossing her legs. "Well, I don't know the extent of what you've been through. When I first joined the team, you seemed so composed and put together. I think you're strong enough to face your mom. Some of us don't have good relationships with our parents or have parents at all. You only live once, and maybe it won't hurt to see her again. Maybe she's changed, but you can only find out for yourself."

My lips trembled. "Wow, Toph, that was a really nice speech."

Toph playfully punched my shoulder. "Hey, did it convince you?"

I shrugged slightly. "Maybe a little."

Toph rose to her feet, clapping her hands together. "Well, there you have it. I trust you'll make the right decision. You know what to do."

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

Zuko, Sokka, and I were aboard Appa, soaring through the skies toward the Earth Kingdom. Zuko perched atop Appa's head while Sokka and I sat together on the saddle.

Resting my chin on Sokka's shoulder, I gazed up at him, our arms entwined, our bodies close. I then shifted my attention to Zuko, his hair flowing in the wind, and a smile spread on my lips.

Sokka's glare alternated between me and the back of Zuko's head. "Why are you smiling at him?" Sokka grumbled.

"I'm just reminiscing about how he used to chase us around, and now he's become....our friend. It helps ease my anxiety about my mother," I explained.

Sokka let out a sigh. "Well, if finding solace in staring at the back of Zuko's head helps, so be it."

I turned toward Sokka, our faces inches apart. Puckering my lips, I planted a gentle kiss on Sokka's lips. "Thank you for coming with me. I really appreciate it."

"Of course, Venus. I'm never leaving your side again. When you were taken during the invasion, I'm pretty sure I cried my eyes out for a week and a half. I don't think I've ever been that far away from you since we first met," Sokka confessed.

I gave him a light frown. "Aww, Sokka. You're so obsessed with me."

Sokka's cheeks reddened. "I mean—I mean, yeah, I am."

I leaned in, kissing his lips once more. "Well, I'm obsessed with you too. You're always on my mind, 24/7."

Resting my head on Sokka's shoulder, I closed my eyes, taking a moment to relax. I felt Sokka shift my head, and when I opened my eyes, I noticed he had placed my head in his lap, gently stroking my hair. "Rest," he whispered.

A smile curled on my lips as I followed his instruction, eventually drifting off to sleep.

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

After a day of travel, we finally arrived in the Earth Kingdom and made a stop at a bustling tavern. Sokka urgently needed to use the bathroom, so he swiftly entered the establishment, leaving Zuko and me outside.

As we waited, a striking woman with long black hair caught my attention. One side of her hair covered her eye, giving her a mysterious aura. She seemed oddly familiar, but I couldn't think of where I had seen her before.

Appa growled at the woman's shirshu, and the creature responded with a growl of its own. I gently rubbed Appa's nose, attempting to calm him down.

Zuko approached the mysterious woman cautiously.

"Oh great," she groaned. "It's prince pouty. What are you doing here?"

I stood hidden behind Zuko, who shifted slightly to allow the woman a glimpse of me.

She gasped. "Venus?"

I took a step back, instinctively leaning against Zuko,  basically hugging him and tentatively asked, "Do I know you?"

"Yes, no, maybe," she replied cryptically.

Squinting my eyes, I suddenly recalled her identity. I pointed an accusing finger at her. "You—you're the women who paralyzed my boyfriend and friends!"

"Well—" she began, but before she could explain, the tavern doors swung open, revealing Sokka.

"Hey, V. I got us drinks—" Sokka rushed over, swiftly lifting me off my feet. "Venus, watch out! It's that weird girl with the giant mole!"

The woman waved her hand dismissively. "Oh, calm down. I'm not here to harm you. I was only working for prince pouty that one day."

Sokka gently set me back down, his protective instincts still evident.

The woman snuggled up to her shirshu. "I'm June, and I'm your mom's sister. So technically, your aunt."

I couldn't help but let out a hysterical laugh, drawing bewildered glances from those around us. "You're my aunt? You don't look a day over nineteen. We could be mistaken for sisters."

"I'm actually twenty-three, but thanks for the compliment. My sister and I have different fathers, so that's why I appear younger," June explained.

Crossing my arms, I glared at June. "That doesn't make it any better. Why are you trying to disrupt my life, giving Zuko a letter to hand to me? How could you have known we would ever cross paths for him to deliver that note? It all seems suspicious. And where were you during my childhood? I didn't even know my mom had siblings."

"As I said, we had different fathers. I wasn't as close to my mother, always traveling with my father. That's why I wasn't around, and I was young myself, we're seven years apart," June explained, her voice tinged with sadness.

I sighed, feeling a twinge of guilt. "I'm sorry—"

"Hey, it's not your fault. I understand. You've been through a tough time, and I know that letter must have fucked with your head. But you came, did you?" June interrupted, her tone filled with understanding.

Pursing my lips, I nodded. "Yeah, it's because of these two."

June smirked, her gaze shifting between Zuko and Sokka. "Are these your boyfriends?"

Zuko and Sokka blushed, exchanging glances before looking at me.

I pointed a finger at Sokka. "He's my boyfriend."

June eyed Sokka with her one visible eye. "Mhm, he's cute."

Zuko let out a low growl. "Okay, we traveled all this way so Venus can finally meet her mother, but you're up here talking a storm. Let Venus see her mother so we can leave."

"Jeez," June chuckled. "What's got your panties in a twist?"

I glared at June. "He's right. I came here seeking clarification, not to establish a relationship with my mother or with you."

June rubbed the side of her shirshu. "Ouch. Well, I suppose that was deserved."

June extended a necklace towards her shirshu, Nyla, who sniffed it and began circling around. "Good girl, Nyla," June praised. With a nod of her head, she urged us to follow. June swiftly mounted Nyla, and the creature sprinted away.

The boys and I hopped onto Appa, trailing behind the shirshu. As we continued, my heart raced faster and faster. A mix of anxiety, anticipation, and longing overwhelmed me. My heart ached, my breaths grew shallow, and my legs twitched with nervous energy.

Sokka noticed my distress and gently rested his hand on my thigh. "Deep breaths, Venus. Take deep breaths." He placed his hand over my heart, and I covered it with my own, inhaling deeply.

"You can do this. I believe in you," Sokka reassured me.

I nodded, tears welling up in my eyes. "You're right. You're right."

"I'll be right by your side, no matter what happens. And if you want to leave, just give me a look, and Zuko and I will go with you and we can go," Sokka promised.

I gave a slight nod. "O-okay."

In the middle section of the Earth Kingdom, Nyla came to a halt in front of a beautiful house nestled in the forest. The house was set apart from the other homes.

I rolled my eyes at the sight. "Of course she has her own private property."

June dismounted her shirshu and approached Appa. "Well, this is it!"

Sokka helped me down from Appa, and together, we stared at the ginormous house.

"My mom lives here?" I questioned, turning to June.

June crossed her arms. "Yup, I'm jealous too."

As a group, we approached the house. June paused to establish some ground rules. "No shoes inside, so take them off. Mila's husband can't stand shoes indoors."

My eye twitched slightly. "Husband?" I glanced at Sokka, who wore a similarly uneasy expression.

June fixed her hair and knocked on the door. We waited patiently, anticipation thick in the air.

Sokka intertwined his fingers with mine, providing a comforting touch.

Slowly, the door creaked open, revealing a stunning woman with layered, beautiful hair, mesmerizing eyes, captivating lips, and a cigarette resting between them. Her breasts were pushed up, and she cradled a baby on her hip. That was my mother, no doubt. However, the presence of the baby caught me off guard.

She warmly embraced June. "Who are these friends you've brought here?"

"Hey, Mila. Can we come in?" June asked.

"Of course," Mila stepped aside, granting us entry into her home. Her eyes carefully scanned each one of us.

Mila glanced outside towards the field. "Is that—is that a sky bison?" she asked, her slight southern accent making her tone of speaking hilarious.

"Sure is," June confirmed. "These folks are friends with the Avatar."

We settled down in the living room, taking our seats.

"The Avatar?" Mila choked out. "You're hanging out with the Avatar and decided to visit my home? If it's about my husband, I assure you he's not—"

The baby on Mila's hip began to cry. "Oh no, his bottle. Can one of you hold Xander for me?" With no one volunteering, Mila handed me the baby and hurried off to the kitchen.

Frowning, I gazed down at the crying infant in my arms. I gently rocked him, soothing him as his cries gradually died down.

I turned to June, tears welling up in my eyes. "She has a baby and a husband?" Regret began to fill my heart; I knew coming here was a mistake.

"Yeah," June replied with a sigh. "He's some high-ranking general, hardly ever home. But Mila seems to be fond of him."

I looked down at the baby boy, finding him undeniably cute, I guess.

Sokka redirected his gaze towards me. "I don't think your mom recognizes you."

I met Sokka's eyes, silently acknowledging his observation. "I don't think she does either."

As if on cue, Mila returned from the kitchen, holding a bottle. However, her baby was already sound asleep.

Mila chuckled softly. "Oh, he's sleeping." She smiled up at me. "That was quick. Thank you."

Returning her smile, I attempted to hand the baby back to her, but she insisted I hold him a while longer.

Mila scurried back to the kitchen and returned with treats and refreshments.

"Oh, cookies!" Sokka exclaimed, grabbing a handful and shoving them in his mouth.

Mila exhaled a puff of smoke from her cigarette. "So, June, why have the Avatar's friends graced my home?"

June scooted closer to me, bringing her face near mine. "Well, one of these friends knows you very well."

Mila's eyes swept over the boys and me, her cigarette extinguished. She paused, her gaze fixating on me, her eyes glistening with tears. "No—"

June nodded. "Yeah, it's her."

Mila rose to her feet, kneeling before me. "V-Venus?"

I averted my gaze slightly, fighting back tears. "Hey, mom."

Mila covered her mouth with her hands. "Venus, is that really you?"

Pursing my lips, I glared at the woman before me. "Flesh and bones."

Mila rose to her feet, attempting to hug me, but I held her back, mindful of the baby in my arms. "I have your child in my arms."

Mila's eyes widened. "Yes, yes. I'm sorry. I'm just... so happy and shocked to see you. It's been—"

"Almost seven years," I interrupted, my voice laced with frustration.

She bit her lip, running her fingers through her hair. "I know you're upset with me."

"Upset?" I practically spat out. "I am furious. Why was I the one left with a deceased father by the age of three, a mother involved in prostitution, a less-than-ideal home, and a deeply traumatizing childhood? Meanwhile, this little one in my arms gets to have a seemingly functional mother, a father, and a lovely home."

"Ven—"

"No!" I shouted, cutting off Zuko's attempt to intervene. "I don't care if I seem harsh, she deserves it. I've been through hell because of this woman."

The baby in my arms started to squirm, a reminder of the innocence I held.

Sokka's hands squeezed my thighs, offering support in the midst of my anger.

I gently rocked the baby in my arms, whispering as I confronted my mother. "Why, Mila? Why?"

As Mila opened her mouth to speak, I shut her down once more.

"No, you don't get to speak. Did you know that the men who came into the house when you were involved in prostitution would sometimes enter my room and touch me? Did you know that? Did you know that some would sneak into my room at night? No, I bet you didn't, because you didn't care about me. All you cared about was your appearance, money, and drugs."

My legs bounced with anxiousness. Expressing my feelings in such a way was not typical for me; I usually kept them bottled up, a learned behavior from a young age.

Mila slumped onto her couch, running her fingers through her hair. "Venus, my love, I'm so sorry," she sobbed. She reached for her cigarette, but my glare stopped her, and she withdrew her hand, returning it to her hair.

"Wow," June muttered, taken aback. "Mila, is that true? I knew you had a troubled past, but this?"

Mascara streamed down Mila's face, smudging her appearance, yet she still maintained to look perfect and I despised that.

"And how could you?" I continued my rant. "Suddenly, once I left, you decided to piece your life back together?"

Mila had reached her limit. "Venus, please, listen to me! I know you're upset with me, and I'm upset with myself too. There's nothing I can say or do to change the past. When your father died, my life was turned upside down. I loved him more than anything, and he was my sole purpose in life. When Holo passed away, I just broke down and fell back into my old ways."

My legs continued to bounce with nervous energy as tears streamed down my face. "But you had a daughter."

"I know," Mila cried. "I know, but I couldn't do it all alone. I was young when I had you, Venus, barely even nineteen. I wasn't financially stable, and I was rebellious. I wasn't on good terms with my family, and every man I encountered used me. Holo was the only one who accepted and loved me. When he passed away, I couldn't handle it, and I resorted to being a prostitute again. Then I was introduced to drugs, which helped numb the pain, at least temporarily. I needed to make money for both of us, but I neglected you in the process, and I'm truly sorry. I understand why you left, and I don't hold any resentment towards you for it."

I took a deep breath, attempting to absorb everything she had said. "I... I wish things were different."

Mila shook her head. "I don't."

All eyes turned to her in surprise.

"Because if things were different, you wouldn't have met these wonderful people or become friends with the Avatar. I wouldn't be here, and Xander wouldn't be here."

I tilted my head, considering her words. She was right.

Mila reached for her cigarette. "Anyone here a firebender?"

Zuko lit his fingertip, providing fire to light Mila's cigarette, which she placed between her lips before exhaling a deep sigh. "Thank you."

"You can be angry with me as long as you need to be," Mila said. "I understand, but please know that I did love you and still love you. There wasn't a day that went by where I didn't think about you or your father. I lost both of you in just a matter of years, and that's when I realized I had to change. I left behind my old ways, went back to school, and started working as a house cleaner for generals to make a living. It was during that time that I met my current husband."

Mila's eyes drifted down to the sleeping baby I had handed off to Sokka while she was speaking previously.

"It took me a while to open up to Zhen because I was still grieving over your father. I had been used by so many men who only wanted me for my body and not my heart. But Zhen was different. Different like your father. I couldn't help but fall in love with him. I'm sorry I wasn't a better mother to you. I prayed to the spirits that you were doing well in the world, and now I see that you are. You don't have to forgive me, but I wanted you to know that I am truly sorry for the pain I caused you."

I was hyperventilating, and Sokka handed the baby to June so he could comfort me.

Resting my head against his chest, I felt his arms envelop me in a tight embrace. "I'm so proud of you, V. You're the strongest person I know."

Mila glanced at Sokka and me, a faint smile on her lips. "Is he your boyfriend?"

I nodded against Sokka's chest.

"He makes you happy?" she asked.

"V-very," I managed to respond through my tears.

Mila rubbed her eyes. "That's all I ever prayed for. I wanted you to find someone who truly cares for you and reciprocates your feelings." My mom let out a light chuckle. "I've encountered countless men, and I know how they can be. You were beautiful from the day you were born, and I knew men would be drawn to you. I'm sorry about what happened with those men in your room when you were a child. I hope you know that I loved you, and I never wanted anything bad to happen to you."

"Does he know me?"

"Who?" Mila tilted her head in confusion.

"Does your husband know about me?" I asked, wiping away my tears that had soaked my face. I wriggled out of Sokka's embrace, regaining composure.

Mila nodded. "He does. He knows everything about my past."

I wiped away the last of my tears, resolving to move forward. "Well, I think it's time for us to leave now."

I observed as my mother's expression saddened. "Already?"

"Y-yeah, it's been overwhelming, and I need some time to process everything. I'm glad to see that you're doing well now." I glanced over at Xander, hoping for his happiness.

Mila tentatively approached me. "Can I have a hug?"

I looked into her eyes, filled with a mix of emotions, and nodded. As she embraced me, we held each other tightly, feeling the warmth and familiarity of our connection.

I could smell her signature scent—a mixture of fancy perfume and cigarettes. Mila clung to me for a few moments longer, reluctant to let go, until we finally separated, wiping away tears from our eyes.

"Thank you, Venus," she whispered.

I pulled her back into another hug. "Thank you, too." Tears streamed down my face.

Releasing her, I wiped my own tears away. "Well, I think it's time for us to head out now. It's a far fly from here to our destination and Appa has been waiting for us."

Mila shook her head. "Of course, of course. I'll walk you all out."

I gathered some snacks and treats to bring back to Appa. We had spent hours in Mila's house, and I felt guilty for leaving him outside with Nyla.

Sokka handed the baby back to my mother as she accompanied us all the way to Appa.

"Wow, that's an interesting creature," Mila marveled.

Appa grumbled and responded with a low moan.

Sokka approached Mila and extended his hand. "I haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Sokka, Venus's boyfriend."

My mom smiled, shaking Sokka's hand. "I'm Mila, Venus's mother. Thank you, Sokka, for everything you've done for my daughter. I can see the love she has for you every time she looks at you."

Zuko awkwardly waved his hand. "I'm Zuko."

Mila pursed her lips playfully. "Oh, I know you, the Prince of the Fire Nation. Your father is a problem."

The rest of us chuckled, while Zuko looked away, slightly embarrassed.

Xander began to stir, so Mila gently rocked him in her arms. "I suppose you should be on your way now. I don't want to be a burden."

I nodded.

Before leaving, Mila turned to me. "Do you think you'll visit me again one day?"

I blinked, meeting her gaze. She seemed nervous. "Um... yeah," I replied with a smile. "Why not?"

My mom beamed. "Cool, cool. It was nice meeting all of you. Hope to see you soon."

I gave a small wave in farewell.

Once Mila closed the door behind her and went inside, Sokka practically pounced on me.

"You did it, Venus! You faced your mother!"

I let out a small laugh. "I couldn't have done it without you and Zuko."

"She is hot." Zuko mumbled.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him as I then noticed June preparing to mount Nyla.

"Hey, I'll be right back," I told Sokka and Zuko before walking over to June.

"Hey."

"Oh, hey," she grinned.

I nervously played with my hair. "Um, thank you for everything you've done. Noticing me, writing me a letter, and bringing me here. It really means a lot to me."

"No problem, girl."

"So, I guess you're leaving, huh?"

"Yeah," June sighed. "Nyla and I are heading back to the tavern. Hope to see you around someday." With that, June urged Nyla forward, disappearing into the forest.

I returned to Zuko and Sokka, letting out a deep sigh. "We did it."

"You did it!" Zuko exclaimed. "That was tough to watch. I might have even shed a tear."

Sokka wrapped his arms around my waist, spinning me around. "I have the best girlfriend ever!"

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. He slowly lowered me to the ground. "And I have the best boyfriend ever!" Sokka leaned down and captured my lips in a tender kiss.

Breaking away from Sokka, I pulled Zuko into a warm hug. "And the best's friend ever."

Zuko blushed slightly and cleared his throat. "Alright, alright. Let's head back."

We all climbed onto Appa's back and soared back to the Air Temple, where I shared the events with my friends, grateful for their support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 351 9
โžค๐˜›๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜น ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ (๐˜ฏ.) ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๏ฟฝ...
280K 6.5K 49
โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž. ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ.โž โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ. ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๏ฟฝ...
88.6K 2.2K 26
The war ended 6 years ago. It's been two years since Zuko and Katara have seen each other. The Gaang tries to see each other as much as possible, but...
3K 113 13
It has been 10 years since Azula had lost everything. Her title, her honor, and even her dignity. She now works as a prostitute in the lower rings of...