Exchange (Soukoku & Shin Souk...

By LittleFrogChild_24

For a wickedness of his mentor, Atsushi is forced to spend a month in the Port Mafia, in the care of the most... More

1- An Unfair Penalty
2- Nakahara Chuuya
3- The Port Mafia
4- Discussion
5- Dinner with the Mafia
6- Training
7- The Revenge
8- The Reconciliation
9- The Dress
10- The Missing
11- Ability Experimentation
12- The Party
13- The Feeling
14- The Clue
15- The Trial
16- The Walk
17- The Omamori
18- The Plan
19- The Gala
20- Joint Ability
21- The Proposal
Epilogue

Extra - A Cage with a Sea View

3.5K 145 118
By LittleFrogChild_24

∆Contains spoilers from Chapter 107 of the manga∆

The first sense he regained was his sense of smell.

He didn't know why. Perhaps it was because of the delicious smell of freshly baked cookies that filled the room he was in. However, despite that, he didn't dare to open his eyes and look around. He didn't know where he was or who he was with. The last thing he remembered was Dazai pushing him out of the elevator as it plummeted into the void with the brunette still inside...

"I leave the rest to you."

He didn't understand. What could Sigma possibly do? He wasn't a gravity manipulator like Chuuya, nor could he kill with a single touch like Fyodor. After wandering around for a while, he ended up fainting, hungry and freezing after nearly drowning.

Was he in heaven? Was he even still alive?

He heard voices. He kept his eyes closed so that they wouldn't notice that he had awakened.

"Any news of him?" The voice sounded close, just above him to his right.

"Nothing, completely disappeared," someone else replied, a little distant from them.

From the sound resonance, he could deduce that they were in a medium-sized room. The second person must have been at the entrance, most likely. A hospital room, perhaps?

"Alright. Keep searching."

"Yes, sir."

He heard the second person turn around and walk away. He felt a hand caressing his hair. The first person approached his face.

"You don't have to pretend to be asleep, Sigma," they said gently. "I won't hurt you."

He swallowed and slowly opened his eyes. He was met with a pair of beautiful blue eyes looking at him.

"How did you know I was awake?" he asked.

The boy with the blue eyes chuckled softly.

"I noticed the change in your breathing rhythm," he replied. "I'm glad you've woken up."

Sigma looked at him. Those eyes and that red hair... They were familiar from somewhere.

"I know you..."

"Yes," the redhead admitted. "We know each other. Although the last time we saw each other, we didn't have a chance to chat. I was quite busy being a vampire."

His eyes widened in surprise.

"Chuuya-san?!" he exclaimed. The mentioned person smiled.

"Hello, Sigma. I'm glad to see you again."

Now he remembered perfectly. This was Chuuya Nakahara. They had met that time when Fyodor sent him to that science gala to buy the explosive coins and the ability nullifying poison. The mercenaries he made the deal with betrayed him and tried to kill him.

Chuuya saved him. And Sigma asked him for help to escape from Dostoyevsky, but before he could say anything else, Nikolai used his coat to take him back and prevent him from revealing more.

Chuuya was eager to know where Dazai was. Sigma gave him that information, and in return, he took all the routes that the mafia used. That's how the Hunting Dogs cornered Doctor Yosano, after Tachihara got rid of Hirotsu and Gin.

The next time they crossed paths, Nakahara had become a vampire, helping Fyodor escape from prison. Dazai had a plan and ended up setting a trap for them, trying to drown them, but the plan backfired and Chuuya and Fyodor were the ones who nearly drowned them.

He knew that Dazai and Chuuya were a couple. He had always admired the redhead, but now he had to be honest and admit that he was a little scared. Not because of the vampire thing, but rather because, in order not to drown, Dazai was forced to share oxygen mouth to mouth. He had to admit that it wasn't the best experience of his life, but what worried him was something else.

He wasn't sure if Chuuya was the jealous type, but if he was, he could consider himself a dead man.

He tried to sit up, and the redhead helped him.

"Be careful," he said. "You're still weak."

Once sitting on the bed, he looked around. It was definitely a hospital. Through the window, he could see a beautiful landscape, the sky completely blue, without a cloud in sight. Were they still in Japan? What had happened to Fukuchi and the others?

"What happened?" he asked. "Where are we?"

"Well, we're in a hospital. More specifically, in Yokohama, Japan. They're treating all the injured ability users from the battle here."

"Which battle?"

"The agency, supported by the mafia, set a trap for Fukuchi and exposed him for the monster he is. So many ability users wanted to stop him. Even the remaining Hunting Dogs confronted him. And we won."

Sigma looked out the window. A battle... and the world continued as if nothing had happened. Humanity was on the verge of extinction, and the sun still shone upon the earth. People were going about their lives. How long had he been unconscious for everything to return to such normalcy?

"Eight weeks," Chuuya answered, as if he had read his mind. "I was very worried that you wouldn't wake up."

"Why? Why do you worry so much about me?"

"Because," he took his hand, "since we met at the gala, I haven't forgotten about you. You wanted a home and a family, but all you received was disdain, and you were taken advantage of. You were used. And that's not your fault. I can understand how you feel."

He lowered his gaze, but the redhead gently lifted his chin.

"Sigma, you're not to blame for any of this. The guilty ones are others. You're just another victim, and despite that, you were of great help to the agency and to Dazai."

"Dazai, is he...?"

"He's still alive. Don't worry about him."

Sigma swallowed.

"About that, I..." he started, trying not to stutter, but Chuuya stopped him with a gesture.

"Don't worry about that, Sigma. I already know," he smiled slightly. "That doesn't count as a kiss. You were just trying to stay alive."

They smiled at each other, and the redhead ruffled his hair.

"Hey, everything's fine. I have something for you," he turned around and took out some cookies. "Freshly baked. I bring you some every day, but since you weren't waking up, I ended up eating them myself. I hope they're good, I heard you really like them."

Sigma was at a loss for words.

"Chuuya-san, you're an angel..."

"None of that. Here, they're all yours."

He ate for a while. They chatted calmly, as if they were old friends. Chuuya treated him wonderfully, and it brought him great joy to interact with him. The cookies were finished.

"Listen, Sigma," the redhead said. "I spoke to the bosses and Special Operations. They're willing to forgive you and exempt you from any punishment. You're free from any legal obligation."

"Really?"

"Really. You can do whatever you want once you're discharged from the hospital, but..." he hesitated. "I know it can't be easy to start over. Sometimes you need help with that, and I want you to know that both the Mafia and the Agency have their doors open for you."

The bicolor-haired individual widened his eyes.

"Really?" he repeated, unable to believe it.

"Absolutely," Nakahara affirmed. "Both for you and Nikolai... if we find him, that is."

His expression turned sad.

"Why are you doing this?" Sigma asked. "What do you gain from it?"

"I don't gain anything. Just friendships."

They smiled at each other. They heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

He immediately recognized the person who entered.

"Atsushi," he whispered. The albino looked at him with a smile.

"Hello! I see you've woken up."

The tiger had an ugly scar on his cheek, but otherwise, he seemed to be in good condition and looked very happy.

"How's everything, Atsushi-kun?" Chuuya greeted.

"Everything's good, Chuuya-san," the boy replied. "Do you know where I can get figs? I asked at the hospital store, but they don't sell them. And Ryū is getting a little desperate."

"There's a fruit shop just around the corner. They might sell them there. Tell Dazai to go with you."

"Me? What about me?" Dazai asked, magically appearing behind the weretiger. "Oh, look, it's Sigma! I'm glad to see you awake. You were taking a bit too long."

"I'm glad to see you too, Dazai-san," Sigma replied.

The brunette approached them and kissed Chuuya on the crown of his head.

"Hello, my love," he greeted. "What did you say I have to do?"

"Go with Atsushi and buy figs for Ryūnosuke," the redhead ordered.

"Yes, sir."

They leaned in and shared a small kiss on the lips before Dazai left the room, followed by Atsushi.

"Let's go, Atsushi-kun! Let's buy figs for your boyfriend!" Chuuya called out.

The albino chuckled and turned to say goodbye.

"See you later, Chuuya-san, Sigma-san."

"Take care, Sushi," Nakahara smiled.

"Goodbye, Atsushi-kun," Sigma bid farewell.

They watched as the two of them left, then Chuuya ran his hand along Sigma's back.

"Do you feel well enough to walk? I'd like to show you something."

He nodded. He had rested for eight weeks; it was time to get up and about.

•[ ♡ ]•

In another room of the hospital, Fyodor lay on a stretcher, connected to many wires, with his hands tied and his eyes blindfolded. I had to admit that seeing him like that made me feel good. He was chained up, defeated, after making my life miserable and treating me like garbage. He deserved it.

"What are we doing here?" he asked.

"After flooding the elevator, we tried to escape from the prison. That's when you arrived and pointed a gun at Dostoyevski. He had ordered me to kill Dazai, who was a few floors below. That's when I regained consciousness," the redhead explained. "So I took the opportunity to knock him out and give him a good punch."

⟩⟩There are too many details to tell it all, but the point is, we induced him into a coma to keep him alive but not risk him killing us."

Something clicked in Sigma's mind. Fyodor was in a coma because they needed him alive, and they needed him alive because they wanted information from him. That's why Chuuya saved him too. They wanted him to extract some information from Dostoyevski to finally put an end to him. Once he did that, he would be useless. After all, it seems that Chuuya is just like everyone else.

"Do you want me to read something about him?" Sigma asked in a faint voice. "What do you need me to find out about him?"

Chuuya smiled.

"You're mistaken," he said, surprising Sigma. "I don't need any information from him. Ango already read his memories; Fyodor has nothing left that's useful to us. But you, Sigma, I think you still have unfinished business with him."

"What do you mean?" Sigma asked.

The redhead twirled his fingers.

"Well, you know... I don't mean to sound cruel, but," he looked at Sigma, "Sigma, you're not an ordinary human being. You were born in an unconventional way.

⟩⟩You weren't born to a mother and father in a hospital, assisted by doctors and midwives. You were created, from the power of The Book. You emerged out of nothing, from mere words. I can understand that because I'm like you."

"Were you also written in The Book?" Sigma asked.

"Not exactly. I'm a government experiment," he smiled sadly. "I'm not truly human. I always felt out of place, like I didn't belong, but I couldn't figure out why. It was only when I learned my story... that's when I felt more human. Sometimes, we need to know where we come from to move forward. And if someone knows where you come from, it's Fyodor."

"So, Sigma, is there something you want to know about Dostoyevski?"

Sigma looked at the Russian, lying unconscious and in a coma on the bed. The truth was, he wanted to know many things. But there was one thing, in particular, he needed to find out.

"I'll give you some privacy," Chuuya said, patting him on the back. "I'll be waiting outside. Come find me when you're done."

He smiled slightly and left the room. Sigma took a deep breath and looked at Fyodor.

"Alright, demon. It's time you give me some answers."

•[ ♡ ]•

Weeks later, after a couple of arrangements by Special Operations, Sigma was settling into the Armed Detective Agency. Thanks to Dazai and Chuuya, his record was clean. Nothing about the Decay of Angels, the assault on Director Taneda, or the explosive coins at the casino. The only information that appeared was his name, Sigma, and the surname Chuuya had given him, Nakahara.

His file also made no mention of the fact that three years ago he had been created by the power of The Book. Instead, it stated that he was twenty years old. His date of birth was listed as the third day of the third month. The Agency welcomed him with open arms, eager to work with him.

"I thought I was supposed to take an entrance exam to join," he asked with doubt. Dazai laughed.

"You already did it, don't you remember?" he replied. "You managed to survive the prison, then you went after Dostoyevski and pointed a gun at his head. You were in shock, that's why you don't remember. But you did everything wonderfully. You proved yourself completely worthy of the Agency. It's an honor to have you here."

Everyone applauded. Sigma had never been applauded like that before. It was a bit uncomfortable, but he didn't show any gesture and expressed his gratitude. Kunikida showed him his desk and all the tasks he had to perform. Then, he accompanied Ranpo to investigate a robbery at a jewelry store.

Once the case was solved, they returned to the Agency, where Sigma began to write a detailed report about the case. Kunikida was delighted.

Chuuya had offered to get him a luxury apartment paid for by the mafia, but Sigma politely declined and chose to stay in the dorms provided by the Agency, sharing a room with Dazai. The brunette rarely stayed overnight there, as he usually went with Chuuya, so Sigma practically had the room to himself.

And speaking of Chuuya, he soon started taking jobs for the mafia as well. Every now and then, some members of the Agency would spend a couple of days solving cases or carrying out missions with them. Sigma had the opportunity to become friends with Tachihara, whom he knew before but hadn't had the chance to socialize with.

He also met Tanizaki (whom he constantly confused with Tachihara). Dr. Yosano told him that Tanizaki had been a detective before, but due to the urgent situation with the hostage case, Chief Mori had ordered one of them to join the mafia in exchange for their protection. Tanizaki had volunteered and now worked with them as a member of the Black Lizard.

Weeks and months quickly passed by. Sigma became Kunikida's favorite due to his impeccable diligence in writing reports. He followed the rules without complaints, clients adored him, and they always requested him when they had any problems. He had no issues with the schedules and maintained healthy work habits. This earned him certain benefits, such as never being scolded and even being allowed to leave work early.

That day was Atsushi and Ryuunosuke's anniversary, so Dazai had obtained prior permission from the president to leave work at four in the afternoon, which was granted.

"Well, Kunikida-kun, we're leaving," Dazai announced as he packed his things.

"Wait a moment, it's Atsushi's anniversary, not yours," protested the blond. "Why are you going too?"

"Of course, it's my anniversary too! It's the anniversary of when I proposed to my Chuuya for the second time! Isn't that right, Sigma?"

The mentioned furrowed his brow.

"I wasn't there, so I can't have an opinion on that."

"Nevertheless, I have the boss's permission," Dazai grinned from ear to ear. "So, you can't do anything. Atsushi, let's go. Sigma, do you want to come too? Chuuya invites you for ice cream. You can have ice cream in a cookie or a cookie-flavored ice cream."

The idea of ice cream in a cookie or a cookie-flavored ice cream was very tempting.

"You know I'd love to, but I have to finish this report..."

"No problem, I'll finish it for you," Kunikida interrupted. "Go on, go with them."

"You see? You have Kunikida-kun's permission. Now, let's go, Sigma!"

They quickly gathered their things, and Sigma followed the brown-haired individual.

"Thank you very much, Kunikida-san," they said, and the blond nodded in response.

They left. The weather was very pleasant. They went to the ice cream shop, where Chuuya and Akutagawa were already waiting for them.

"You took your time," the redhead commented, greeting his husband with a kiss. "We were starting to get impatient."

"Sorry about that. You know how Kunikida-kun is," Dazai apologized.

"Hello, Chuuya-san," Sigma greeted.

"Hey, Sig. Everything okay? Did you have any trouble convincing Four Eyes to let you go?"

"Not at all!" Osamu replied instead. "Kunikida adores him. Sigma could ask for paid vacation, and he would give it to him without any problem."

"That's because I actually do what I'm supposed to do when I'm supposed to do it, unlike some others," the gray-eyed person defended themselves.

They looked at Atsushi and Ryuunosuke, who weren't paying much attention to the conversation. They were busy flirting and exchanging shy kisses. Chuuya and Dazai looked at them like proud parents. Sigma watched them with a hint of sadness.

"Alright, should we order the ice creams now?"

Chuuya ordered blackberry and dulce de leche ice cream. Then he bought Sigma a cookie ice cream sandwich. Dazai ordered bubblegum and chocolate ice cream. Atsushi and Akutagawa shared a lemon, vanilla, and chocolate ice cream. They then strolled around.

The younger couple led the way, chatting animatedly. The rest stayed behind, discussing things and paying attention to the young ones.

"I'm just saying that I don't think the age listed on his resume is appropriate," Nakahara said. "Sigma looks older than Akutagawa, so it doesn

't make sense for him to be younger. Of course, Sigma isn't older than us. Akutagawa is already twenty-one, Dazai. That means Sigma should be twenty-two, right, Sig-chan?"

"I don't know. I don't really care, to be honest."

Chuuya didn't pay attention to him.

"Tell Ango to change it," he ordered. Dazai rolled his eyes.

"Yes, sir."

Sigma laughed a little. Being with them was so much fun. Despite them saying that they should be twenty-two, they still treated Sigma like a four-year-old. They acted as if they were their parents. And no, it didn't bother Sigma at all.

That made them something like the adopted sibling of Atsushi and Akutagawa. And Kenji too.

By the way, Kenji was now officially dating Kyoka. Since they were both fifteen, they had talked about it and decided it wouldn't be a bad idea. It was all very innocent, to be honest. They were still young, after all.

After their stroll, they said their goodbyes. Atsushi went home with Akutagawa to his luxurious house. Chuuya and Dazai wanted to accompany Sigma to their apartment before going off to do their private stuff, but Sigma insisted on going alone.

"I'm fine, don't worry," they said. In the end, Chuuya and Dazai relented.

Sigma returned to the Agency before heading to their dorm room. They observed the surroundings from the terrace. They heard a noise behind them. They sighed. For several weeks now, they had known someone was following them, but they didn't expect that someone to be him.

"It's been a while, Sigma," Nikolai greeted, approaching them slowly. "Good to see you."

"Likewise," the young person muttered. "I missed your unbearable presence."

The Ukrainian made a face.

"Ouch, that was a bit cruel."

"Sorry, I spend too much time with Chuuya."

They looked at each other. Gogol wore a dark cloak that allowed him to blend in, but he still wore his hat, giving him a rather extravagant appearance.

"I was afraid you wouldn't come back," Sigma confessed. "The entire mafia has been looking for you for a long time, you know?"

"Yes, I know. It wasn't easy to get rid of them."

"You don't have to run anymore. Stay here, with me."

"I...," the albino hesitated. "I have spent my whole life searching for freedom. And it's ironic because every time I think I've found it, I've actually stepped into another cage, just a bigger one. Like with Fyodor, I thought I would finally be free, but everything I did seemed to be manipulated by him, as if he silently guided me with invisible strings. As if I were a puppet."

Sigma nodded.

"Freedom is a difficult concept to define. Chuuya-san told me that one person's freedom ends where another person's freedom begins. You are never and will never be completely free because you will always be bound by the rights of others and your own responsibilities. But still..." He tucked a strand of hair behind his ear. "I believe it's okay. It doesn't mean you're living in a cage."

"What do you mean?"

Sigma gestured with their hands.

"Look, I think it's not right to focus only on extremes. Birth and death, good and evil—I believe life isn't black and white. There are shades of gray and many other colors with infinite shades. Life is like that. Many things happen, you make many decisions, and maybe not all of them lead you down a good path. But you're alive. And it's okay to make mistakes because in life, we make a lot of them. And we can change and improve, become better people. You can't judge a person as simply villains or heroes. The detective agency has also killed, and the mafia has saved lives. You can't slap a specific label on them because people are much more complex than that."

Nikolai smiled sadly.

"Do you think I can change?" he asked. "No matter how hard I try, I can't stop seeing things in black and white. You have already found your home, but I wouldn't be able to see it that way. To me, it would be like another cage."

"Well, if it feels like a cage to you," Sigma searched his pockets and handed Gogol a flower he had found during their walk. It was a bit crushed, but still beautiful. "You can decorate that cage to make it more comfortable for yourself. Just think about it. You could have a nice cage with a sea view."

They smiled, and Nikolai took Sigma's hand.

"You're a good person."

"I am."

They watched the sunset, the sun setting and giving way to the moon. Tomorrow would be a new day, full of opportunities for improvement. A new day for Nikolai and Sigma to find happiness. No one was going to stop them now.

They just had to be grateful for everything that had allowed them to reach this point. It was the end of one life and the beginning of another, completely different.

"Thanks..."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IT'S FINALLY OVER

Nikolai also joins the agency and they all live happily ever after ✨✨

Thank you so much to those who read it till the end <333 It was so much fun writing this fic.

I have other books in Spanish. At the moment, the only complete one I have is a one-shot, but if you'd like, I can translate it, as well as my other fanfics.

Without further ado, thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 719 67
Formerly powerful executive of the port mafia L/N Y/N decided to take the plunge to roam in new territory. Risking it all, you now find yourself in a...
1.2M 52.5K 78
A book in which you, the infamous ability stealer, are the newest member of the Port Mafia and as witty as they come. Being the constant centre of at...
35.7K 1.5K 38
After his failed attempt at suicide that had ultimately ended in his right hand man's, Chuuya Nakahara death. Now Port Mafia boss Osamu Dazai really...
145K 2.9K 17
Chuuya is a high leading official of Port Mafia, the most dangerous yakuza group in this city. After doing exceptionally well on his last job, the Bo...