Operation 007 (SpyxFamily)

By PolarBearSeals

Operation Strix is still in progress as Anya strives for success. The mission is pushed to the side when peop... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Ch. 2: Part Two
Ch. 2: Part Three
Chapter Three
Ch. 3: Part Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Ch. 5: Part Two
Chapter Six
Ch. 6: Part Two
Chapter Seven
Ch. 7: Part Two
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Ch. 9: Part Two
Chapter Ten
Ch. 10: Part Two
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Ch. 14: Part Two
Ch. 14: Part Three
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Ch. 16: Part Two
Chapter Seventeen
Ch. 17: Part Two
Ch. 17: Part Three
Ch. 17: Part Four
Chapter Eighteen
Ch. 18: Part Two
Ch. 18: Part Three
Chapter Nineteen
Ch. 19: Part Two
Ch. 19. Part Three
Ch. 19: Part Four
Ch. 19: Part Five
Chapter Twenty
Ch. 20: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-One
Ch. 21: Part Two
Ch. 21: Part Three
Chapter Twenty-Two
Ch. 22: Part Two
Ch. 22: Part Three
Chapter Twenty-Three
Ch. 23: Part Two
Ch. 23: Part Three
Ch. 23: Part Four
Ch. 23: Part Five
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Ch. 25: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Six
Ch. 26: Part Two
Ch. 26: Part Three
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Ch. 27: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Ch. 28: Part Two
Ch. 28: Part Three
Ch. 28: Part Four
Ch. 28: Part Five

Ch. 13: Part Two

326 19 5
By PolarBearSeals

Loid wove through the woods with the trees providing cover. He was a blur jumping behind one to the next, getting ever closer. He approached as far as he could get where the tree-line ended near the lab.

This was going to be tricky.

He started near one end of the wall where a camera was mounted. One of the two security guards posted in the area, around it.

Loid's best guess for the lack of security was the confidence in no one finding them. The secluded location. The organization was a well-kept secret. Or so they thought.

Well, it worked for Loid.

From his hiding place, he pulled out a dart gun first, in preparation. Then his silenced pistol. He would be lying if he said Anya didn't make him think of it.

With the deft hands of the elite spy that he was, he switched seamlessly from shooting out the camera, to darting the guard who fell next.

He cringed at the sound of shattering glass breaking, raining down on the pavement below, but it was better than being seen.

The building was so large, he doubted it was widely heard. But the other guard heard it. His head swivelled from his post a long ways down the wall.

Loid had to move quickly to dart him as well before he got close enough to see what happened and alert anyone.

Then took out the other two cameras.

He dragged the guards out into the blackness of the woods where'd they'd be unseen before he grabbed one of their keys. The tranquilizers should keep them out with plenty of time for him to complete the mission.

He took the man's clothes, his ID badge, and prepared a face. It wasn't the most optimal setting for face-changing, but he was a professional.

With his new identity, he unlocked the door and entered gleaming white hallways.

He was in.

He was thankful for his disguise when alarms started blaring. Pulsing, dark, red light bathing every surface. No doubt alerted from the broken cameras they no longer had access to.

He would use this to his advantage.

—————

Yor leapt from a high branch and took out the cameras mid-air with a flick of her wrists. The guards were knocked out before they realized what was happening and a kick to their heads brought them down for the count. She took their keys and threw the guards out of sight into the woods.

She grabbed her blades which had fallen from the dead cameras before opening the door.

She was in.

She stood out like a sore thumb.

The halls contrasted with her black clothes, her outfit that was definitely not that of a security guard.

That was fine.

She'd knock out anyone that saw her, anyway. They probably deserved it.

The assassin didn't get far before alarms screeched at her, announcing the lab's awareness to the situation. Red lights intermittently washed away the blinding white paint of the walls.

She expected this. She didn't care. She'd deal with whatever they threw at her.

She continued, unbothered, blasting through most doors she passed, looking for Anya. She didn't know where she was, so her best solution was to check every room until she found someone she could make talk.

She wasn't moving very quickly due to all the stops, but that was fine. Better to be thorough.

And then she came upon one of the labs.

There were several machines. Ones hooked up to wires. Ones that looked like torture devices. But her attention went to the table in the metal room, leather straps drooping off of it. Tiny cuff's for especially tiny wrists.

It stopped her in her tracks, rage surfacing. It welled up until it was all she could feel.

A growl of outrage rang through the room as she strode inside, bringing her leg down on the table and bending it nearly in half. The machines, she decimated with her fists, pulverizing them. The room destroyed by her wrath.

She wished she could rip the room itself apart, But she couldn't waste any more time.

Yor left the room in shambles, completely eradicating any chance to salvage what remained.

———————-

The gun dropped out of the man's hand as his back fell against the walls. A hand over his shoulder, spilling blood. A streak of red followed him as he sank to the floor and painted the surface.

Yuri's first reaction was irritation that he'd given himself away, but it didn't matter anymore.

He procured handcuff's, linking the man to one of the window's bars, and checked on the boy, unmoving in the bed.

He wasn't asleep. His eyes open, looking at him, but not entirely aware.

He didn't appear to be hurt.

From his pocket, Yuri took his walkie-talkie and spoke into it.

"Target secured. Commence operation."

———————

Anya woke with a start from a fitful sleep, alarms baring outside her door. Incessant and loud. She wrapped the blanket around her against the chill of the night and climbed off the bed, careful of her bandages. She heard steps pounding in the halls that passed her door. Agents yelled something to each other. She tried to read anyone's thoughts nearby, but all she got was static.

Anya went to look out her window, but nothing seemed amiss.

She didn't know how long the alarms were blasting, intruders still loose in the building, when her door was unlocked. Director Kai opened the door, looking none too happy.

"Let's go." He strode forward, Anya slinking into a corner away from the window.

He grabbed her arm and Anya's blanket fell to the ground as he pulled her out of the room.

"No! Let Anya go!!" She said, a hand clawing at his that clamped around her arm.

"Shut up!" He yelled back, jerking her forward to emphasize. "You've brought the SSS down on us! You've ruined everything!" He looked down the hallways both ways before exiting the room, as if watching for cars.

He picked Anya up under his arm then, and ran. Anya yelled the whole way.

Kai twitched at every noise, head jerking left and right at hallways they passed. He signalled agents they crossed to deter anyone who might be coming up behind them.

He was nervous, Anya realized.

She had never seen him nervous before.

———————-

Loid didn't think he'd run into such luck, in such a situation, but his disguise had been a very good idea.

An agent ran past in the halls, a double take at Loid/the agent who was calmly leaving a room. "What are you doing?! Our orders are to protect the director! Block the SSS from reaching the hangar!" He shouted at him, continuing on his way.

'The SSS. They're here. That's going to complicate things.' Loid thought and hoped it'd be more of a help than a hindrance.

He picked up the pace and sprinted through the hallways the same direction as that agent.

He couldn't let the director escape.

———————

Yor was getting impatient.

She'd run through many halls, but she began to worry she was running in circles. She'd come across several agents on her way. None of them forthcoming. All of them unconscious in her wake.

She didn't have time for this. She'd heard agents yelling around the corner about the SSS invading. She needed to get Anya and get out.

She'd let the SSS take care of the rest, now that they were here.

She wished she'd had a layout of the building to guide her.

——————

The secret police had come out of hiding from the van. They had unlocked doors for their compatriots who had snuck through the woods and surrounded the building on all sides waiting for a signal. They'd stormed in, taking down agents and bursting into every room.

Yuri had handed off the boy to one of them to get checked out.

He didn't know a lot about kids, but he knew they weren't supposed to be so listless. So he gave instructions to an SSS agent before joining the others in raiding the building. They were finding children locked behind thick, thick, iron doors. metal wheels like a Christmas wreathe on them, keeping them in.

Yuri had left the police to it. He had other work to do, and keeping Anya from knowing he was secret police was best if he could manage it.

So he hurried through the halls.

——————-

Loid raced along, shoulders and arms bouncing off the corners to aid his turns. He had never felt faster, the urgency pushing him on.

He knew the hangar was somewhere near the front of the building, and he was guessing how to get there. He would have continued on his path if something hadn't distracted him. A faint noise traveling down the hall from a door.

A feeling. A weird sense he should go that way.

So he did.

He flew down the hallway and yanked the door open that led into an outdoor space. Darkness accosted him, the brightness of indoors leaving him unaccustomed. But yellow bulbs cast soft glows on the garden allowing him to see. On the foliage. On the dirt path. On the bird feeders that held no birds. On the benches along the trail. On the little girl screaming and crying her lungs out as a man held her, cutting across the garden up ahead.

Loid's face set in determination. Icy wrath glazing over every emotion.

He zeroed in on them as his feet left the threshold.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 179 15
--------------- Status :- discontinued in exchange for my other book. You are the only child of the most successful family. The l/n family. You are...
13.4K 380 16
I yearned for all these to be real, I wished we met under a normal circumstance, where I would probably have a loving wife and an adorable daughter...
9.3K 184 13
Anya has yet to obtain the sufficient amount of stella stars and is aldready in her years of high school...loid (aka twilight) starts taking some des...
25.2K 443 17
What will happen when Twilight's whole identity gets revealed to Yor? And when Anya's telepathic abilities and Yor's real job get exposed? Will the f...