What Universe is This Again?

By Allioune24

"I can feel it!" exclaimed Lophe, the pope of Obelia's current religion. "The new Empress and the Saint of Ob... More

I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII

II

6K 340 47
By Allioune24

[ATHANASIA'S POV]

I was unexpectedly given a brother. A younger brother.

She was initially perplexed because the lovely princess she read only mentioned two princesses and never a prince.

She even kicked that brother and became protective of him.

There are two suspicious men who came in the middle of the night to serve him and keep the palace—a shining palace—clean.

Because of these two, no one bothered them and no one attempted to steal expensive items from Ruby Palace. Her brother even founded an information guild, which was overseen by the Raon.

The first time they spoke, she asked him who he was.

Of course, they both spilled each other's secrets and had been plotting for a year how to leave the palace without being discovered. Her brother desires a slacker lifestyle—yes, a disease-prone fantasy that is worse than falling in love.

The entire Imperial Palace appears to be protected by a powerful barrier that allows entry but not exit from the palace grounds. Even Choi Han, a seasoned swordmaster, could not easily break through the mana barrier.

There must be something that can help them escape this place soon.

Two similar figures slumped on the couch, contemplating how messed up their lives were. At the very least, they are not going hungry. It would be best if they could live safely until they reach a certain age before leaving.

"Yhan, should we look around and try to find an escape route?" Athy asked her brother.

"We should. For emergency purposes," Ayhan said, dropping the book he was reading and leaping off the couch.

Her brother extended his hand, which she accepted, and they left their room, saying they were going to place. Being a child has its advantages, and it is certainly worthwhile to deceive others. Ayhan continued to hold her hand as they looked around. The palace was definitely large.

While Ayhan calculated how much they needed to leave and how they should leave, Athy attempted to sway all of the maids to her side. Of course, Raon and Choi Han assisted because they have always been with the two of them.

When she noticed the fineries missing from their room, she knew she was not hallucinating. The majority of the people inside the Ruby Palace are of noble blood, but they are not from the most noble families.

It makes sense that Yhan went to great lengths to keep the palace from collapsing, especially since the Emperor has no interest in them or the Ruby Palace.

Ruby Palace is a residence for concubines, and it currently houses only a pair of twins.

I recall Yhan being unconcerned that this was happening inside a book.

Yhan once told him that he had experienced the same thing in another world.

It's... The Birth of a Hero. RIght. He did say that. So this is his second time in another universe with a different setup.

It had to have been difficult. He even had a wealthy but bastard father.

On their way out, they bought some chocolate and Yhan suggested they wash their hands by the fountain. They both looked at their reflections in the water.

"This face is not bad, though I preferred my red hair back then. I feel like becoming that bastard Hyung-nim," Yhan murmured, inspecting every nook and cranny of his face. Except for his dark reddish eyes, he definitely resembled Claude at some point.

Blue Jeweled eyes are characteristic of the Imperial Family. Yhan did not inherit this, but his reddish-brown eyes were also jeweled. Is it fate? Or a completely new game that deities might engage in. She did not like the way his red eyes felt when she stared at them.

She is the spitting image of their mother in comparison, but her distinct eyes are the result of that scumbag.

Only those descended from the imperial family have jeweled eyes. Everyone in this world possesses some level of magical ability, and the imperial family possesses a very specific type of magic. That means Yhan is a special case.

They went outside to play in the garden together. They might look suspicious if they do not because there were passing maids. They got lost, however, because this was their first time visiting this location.

They both walked back to the palace until they arrived at a different palace. Nobody was using the palace, but it was clean and well-kept.

"This palace is more lively than the Ruby Palace."

"Well, that palace looked like an old fart."

"Language, Noona."

She chuckled. They continued to walk into the palace, looking around.

"For the time being, we can make this our base."

"Will not they think it is suspicious?"

"No... just a bunch of snotty brats playing."

They ignored that part and returned to their palace. Athanasia's character and life in the novel were written by Athy. Yhan was reading her writings and meticulously documenting them.

Another thing is that they are both regarded as geniuses.

This world does not appear to reach reading and writing at a young age, so when Yhan took a book to read and a pen to write letters, the maid of the palace went insane watching them do things that are abnormal for children.

So they transitioned from a peaceful life to a life of early education.

Her brother, of course, despises this aspect.

"I have studied my entire life; I do not want to study again!" he exclaimed, but he could not blow up his disguise as a toddler.

In any case, they waited for the right moment to go somewhere. Raon allows them to move around as long as they stay within his range. If something happens, Choi Han may fly directly to them, so there is no need to worry.

Even when confronted with that jerk Claude, they will be safe on the sidelines with Raon and Choi Han.

But their inhibitions were broken the moment they saw the golden angel statues around them.

The gold had captured both her and Yhan's attention.

"I miss these babies," Yhan said, as if he would gone insane. He was a rich sugar baby in his previous life, so he will definitely miss being rich because the previous headmaid took all of the budget for herself.

At the very least, they both got something in common—FINALLY!

They were both preoccupied with the gold angel statues when a cold-sinister voice from above inquired.

"What on earth are these filthy bugs doing in my palace?"

*dugdug*

Both she and Yhan turned around and saw that jerk they never and would not meet at any cost. They were supposed to meet him when they were nine years old, but this is unexpected.

Blonde hair and jewel-like blue eyes.

Both of them flinch, and something drops, clinking on the ground.

She looked at Yhan, and Yhan looked back.

They realized they would mess up at that point! Greatly!

"That face... I have seen it before," the man said, his face vicious and too frightening to look at.

His eyes were squinting at her as if he was thinking about something.

"Yes..." His voice grew colder, "Was it that dancer from Siodonna? You look like that wench."

An ominous laugh, as if he is seen something amusing. Even the red knight's face became cold and pale.

"Then again, who cares where she came from?" Claude reaches out his hand and touches her chin, "And I think I remember... what that wenched named you and that runt."

Athy fet like her feet had turned cold.

"I believe it was Athanasia... a..."

*dundun* An unexpected fear struck her. She was aware that she could perish there. But as soon as she realized this, her brother appeared in front of her and confidently faced the Emperor.

Claude's gaze was drawn to Yhan, who pushed him respectfully.

Yhan tilted his head, as if trying to figure out how this man could harm them.

"Hah..." another sinister smile, "the twin... Ayhan... was the name..."

Claude, who resembled Yhan, appeared disgusted.

Yhan's innocent face was, of course, Claude's face when he was younger. Yhan was an exact replica of Claude himself.

"Back then, you were both like tiny bugs that could not even lift your heads."

A name associated with immortality is only permitted for an official heir to the throne in obelia. Only the Emperor has the authority to bestow the name.

However, in their case... A commoner gave them the names of the kings.

"You have both grown a lot."

Athy was terrified, but Yhan held her hand calmly as if he knew what was going to happen.

She took a step back, and her emergency pouch dropped once more.

All of them, including Yhan, turned to look at the pouches that had fallen to the ground.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Hehe."

She sweated, but the next thing she saw, Yhan was lifted by the emperor himself.

"You are heavy," he said as he set Yhan down and lifted her up. "You two have chubby cheeks, but I did not expect both of you to be this heavy."

"Of course, we're growing children," Yhan replied.

Claude smirked and looked at him as soon as Yhan said that.

Wait a minute.... Please do not tell me...

Yhan smiled cheekily, mirroring Claude's icy grin.

"What on earth were you two doing in my palace?"

HIS PALACE?

"Loitering around, Your Majesty," Yhan said, "Seeing you now, you are indeed the Empire's sun, even when you are the first thing I have seen as I ventured out of our palace."

What the hell is he doing with his calm smile?!!!!!

Athy didn't panic anymore.

Two daredevils are smirking at each other, she notices.

"Ho..." Claude appeared to be interested. "Make some tea; I would like to impress my distinguished guests who have come here with such a poetically insulting line."

Athy thought her life was about to end, but her brother made a peace sign and looked at the emperor, who seemed amused. Claude was also cracking a smile, his boredom gone.

Do not tell me...

"He likes it," Yhan responded sarcastically. "Boring answers will give him more reasons to kill us. Use that glib tongue and shamelessness now, sister. We have to flee."

Her brother speaks in hushed tones as if he has done something similar in his life.

Anyway...

Claude clearly enjoys it.

"We should try our luck then."

"It is a technique for difficult people," Yhan explained, looking at Felix, who seemed taken aback by their conversation.

Athy noticed her brother's hushed tone.

She looked at Felix, who had a defeated expression on his face.

"Best wishes, your highness."

They then followed Claude inside the palace, where they were greeted with some afternoon tea from hell.

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 589 5
Cale gets soul switched with ogCale. Everyone thinks at first that Cale lost his memories. But they soon find out the truth. SPOILER warning till the...
81.1K 3.7K 11
^Cover found on Pinterest^ Choi Han and the cast of TBOAH stumbled upon a temple of the sealed god and on top of the altar they see... Young master C...
3K 146 14
Leticia Candmione Henituse never expected in her life that she would go back in time when her parents didn't knew each other, she didn't get along wi...
55K 4.1K 65
"I'm sorry..." she whispered, "I'm so sorry..." She still apologized despite her breath turning ragged and short. She felt a warm small hand on her c...