there's no need to be afraid...

By sweet_melodiez

Soulmate AU where everyone is born seeing in black and white, until the day they kiss their soulmate. After a... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10

chapter 4

428 29 2
By sweet_melodiez

"You're ignoring me."

Jennie forces herself not to roll her eyes. She continues folding her clothes, packing it inside her suitcase.

"Jennieeee," Lisa whines, tearing her away from her thoughts. Lisa walks over to Jennie, kneeling down by her suitcase. "Talk to meeee."

Jennie ignores her, zipping her suitcase shut, closing it with more rigour than intended. Lisa's presence wasn't needed right now.

What was she even thinking? Agreeing to being her fake girlfriend? Helping the love of her life- no, her soulmate, get with her best friend?

This was stupid.

So stupid.

Jennie gets up, rolling her suitcase by the door. She walks over to the restroom, checking for anything she's forgotten to pack.

"You haven't spoken to me in days," Lisa says, a frown etched on her lips as she stands by the toiler door, leaning her body onto the doorframe. "And people've been asking me where my girlfriend is."

Jennie's stomach lurches at the word girlfriend. She turns her body, now facing Lisa. Their eyes meet again after 2 days. And for a second, she feels as though she's seeing Lisa again, for the first time. And with Lisa's mouth slightly agape, she gathers Lisa's feeling the same way too.

Lisa's eyes are a dark shade of brown in the untrained eye, but if you look closer, you'd see the light brown tint near the pupil of her eye. Her dark brown hair perfectly falling down her shoulders, her bangs falling just above her perfectly shaped eyebrows. Her lips plump, a lighter shade of red.

Jennie feels her heart race at the sight of Lisa.

"Ni," Lisa's voice is gentle, and just like that, she feels her anger slightly slip away. She takes Jennie's hand in her own, pulling her closer. "Can we talk please?"

Jennie curses her heart for flipping at Lisa's gentleness. But even then, she refuses to pull her eyes away, terrified this moment will end.

But it will.

In a week- if they're successful- Lisa will leave. She'll choose Rosie, not her.

And with that, Jennie pulls her hand away faster than lightning, like Lisa's hand was made of fire, burning her.

She brushes past Lisa and walks toward her room. She can't fall for that. She can't let her heart win anymore.

For a second, she's convinced she saw Lisa's smile falter.

"Oww," Lisa whines, rubbing her shoulder. "Jennie please—"

Jennie finally turns around, anger present in her chest again. "You're an asshole, Lisa."

Lisa flinches, taken aback. "What- why would you say that—"

Jennie shakes her head. "No, you don't get to speak or make me feel bad." She says. "You're going to listen to me because i'm only going to say this once."

Lisa gulps and nods.

"You cornered me and forced me to be your pretend girlfriend IN PUBLIC," she yells, and God, they never fight, not like this, but the anger's been bubbling in her blood for the past 2 days.

"While a quarter of our school's population was watching."

Lisa deflates, realisation finally taking over her.

"You made sure I wasn't able to say no." Jennie says. "And that's not fair, Lisa."

"Jennie, i'm—"

Jennie raises her hand up, silencing Lisa. "I'm not done."

Lisa nods, allowing her to continue.

"And now we're viral," she adds, an empty laugh escaping her lips. "And nearly everyone I know has been blowing up my phone, asking me questions about this fake relationship, and I'm supposed to sit here and lie to them?"

"So yes, I am ignoring you. Because I am beyond angry with you for not even giving me an option to say no."

"I'm sorry, Jennie." Lisa says, a sad frown on her lips. "I really am." She says.

Jennie looks away, grabbing her bag from her bed.

"We don't have to do this, okay?" Lisa says, grabbing her hand. "I can call this off and we—"

Jennie shoves past her, this time more forceful.

"Jendeukie, it's time to go—" Jisoo opens the door. "Oh hey Lisa." Jisoo's smile falters. "What's with both of your faces? Are you two fighting?"

Jennie lets out a sigh, walking towards her suitcase. "I'm ready." She says, excusing her way out of the room and toward Lisa's car.

She lets out a deep breath once she was finally outside. Lisa's words and distraught face weighing heavily on her.

Boy, this car ride's going to be a long one.

***

"Hey guys, sorry for being late." Rosie walks toward them with her suitcases. She greets them all with a hug. "Suzy and i got into a little fight." She sighs.

"Not you guys as well," Jisoo says, a sad smile on her lips. "Now i'm gonna have to deal with three of my friends sad for the next 4 hours."

The three of them turn to Jisoo, glaring at her. "Okay bad joke. I'm sorry." She says, an apologetic smile on her lips.

"So is she not joining us anymore?" Jennie asks, walking over to Rosie and giving her a tighter hug.

"I don't think so." Her voice wavering. "She needs time to think." Her voice finally cracks.

"Wait, don't cry—" Jennie says, but she's too late. Rosie clutches onto her, her body wrecking in sobs. Lisa and Jisoo join in on the hug, consoling their friend.

"It's okay, Chaengie." Jisoo says. "Just let it out."

Rosie takes a few minutes to calm down, with Lisa being the last one to pull away from the embrace.

Jennie watches the two interact. Lisa's speaking in low whispers, wiping Rosie's tears away and hugging her tight.

They fit together well like a puzzle. Soulmate or not, Roseann Park and Lalisa Manoban blend well. And with that thought, Jennie's stomach churns.

With her feelings aside, she thinks back to Lisa's little proposal, and this time, Jennie knows what the right thing is to do.

Even if the right thing means breaking her own heart.

"Rosie, you should sit at the front with Lisa." She says, smiling encouragingly. She takes a quick glance over at Lisa, who's looking at her confused.

Jennie always calls shotgun. She always sits at the front. But if she wants Lisa and Rosie to happen, she can sacrifice her seat.

Jisoo shakes her head. "No. No." Jisoo says. "I would rather deal with a crying Chaengie than you needing to puke every 5 seconds." She says, tugging Rosie's hand.

"And I think everyone can vouch for that." Jisoo adds.

Lisa and Rosie nod. "Yep."

"No offense, Ni. But the drive is too long and with you at the back, it might take longer." Lisa says.

Jennie rolls her eyes. Can't Lisa see she's doing her a favor?

"Guys, we should really get going now." Jisoo says. "We'll be driving at night at this rate."

Jennie sighs. "Okay, fine." She says, and with that, they all walk to the car, taking their designated seats.

***

"... like i can just tell that she's pulling away." Rosie says, blowing her nose in the tissue. Her eyes bloodshot red from crying. "She's been avoiding me for the past week and I don't even know what to do."

Jennie frowns, her heart going to her best friend. "I'm so sorry, Rosie."

Rosie shakes her head, blowing into the tissue. "i just- i just don't understand why she isn't being honest with me," she says, hiccuping "relationships work if you're transparent with one another; if you're willing to make each other understand. But she's choosing not to do both."

"So she's an asshole." Lisa blurts out, her lips pressed together.

"Lisa," Jennie says warningly.

Lisa relaxes at Jennie's voice. "I'm sorry. I just, i hate how upset you are, Chaeng-ah."

"I think she speaks for all of us," Jisoo adds, rubbing Rosie's back. "Did you two get into a fight before today?"

Rosie shakes her head. "No. I keep retracing our conversations and nothing." she sighs. "My relationship is about to end guys, I can just feel it."

"Maybe just give her some space?" Jennie finds herself saying, a surge of guilt swirling in her stomach. She should be somewhat relieved that their relationship is on the rocks— it means she has lesser things to worry about with their plan.

But with Rosé sat at the back of Lisa's car, heartbroken over Suzy, Jennie feels the opposite of relieved.

"Maybe," Rosé shrugs, taking another deep breath.

"But why'd you still invite her if this was the case?" Jisoo asks. Jennie shoots her a glare, but jisoo shrugs.

"What? We were all thinking it." The older woman says.

Rosie lets out a small giggle. "It's okay, unnie." She lets out a deep breath. "I thought this would be my last chance to make this work." Rosie pauses for a bit.

"Because I love her. And i'd do anything for us to get past this."

Jennie glances back at Lisa, her face not revealing an ounce of emotion, but the tightened grip around the wheel is enough for her to understand.

"So can we finally address the elephant in the room?" Jisoo asks. With Rosie now a lot calmer, Jisoo's the first one to break the silence.

"What?" Lisa asks, staring at her from the rear view mirror.

"Were you guys ever gonna tell us you two were dating, or were you just expecting us to watch the video with no explanation whatsoever." Jisoo asks.

Rosie giggles. "I'm kinda with her on this one."

Jennie and Lisa glance over at each other.

Lisa parts her lips. "About that," She says. "We aren't really—"

Jennie cuts her off. "— one's to brag about relationships." Jennie says. Lisa gives her a confused look, but Jennie shakes it off.

"You aren't; but Lisa is." Jisoo says, making Rosie snort in laughter.

"I guess i've rubbed off on you, huh, babe?" Jennie smiles over at Lisa, placing a hand on top of Lisa's thigh.

Lisa's eyes shoot up. "Oh, uh, yeah." She stutters.

Rosie coos at the back. "So how'd it happen? I really didn't see this coming."

"Seriously?" Jisoo scoffs. "They were already acting like a couple long before they became official."

"Really?" Lisa and Rosé say together.

"Yup." Jisoo replies. "It was only bound time Jendeukie would tell you how she felt—"

"— now, now. Unnie." Jennie cuts her off, panicking. Lisa doesn't know. And she will never have to know either. "Lisa here was the one who confessed to me first. I mean, you saw the video right?"

Jisoo clears her throat. "Jennie Ruby Jane Kim!" She impersonates Lisa, making Rosé and Jennie squeal in laughter. "I have known you for 16 years 3 months and 22 days—"

"— Ya! Stop!" Lisa pouts, her cheeks red in embarrassment.

"You're my other half!" Rosé joins along.

Jennie laughs harder. She looks over at Lisa, who's now sinking in her seat, her eyes still focused on the road.

"I'm just really happy for the two of you," Jisoo says after the laughter had died down. "Now I don't have to watch Jennie pinning over yo—"

"— i love this song!" Jennie says, a rush of panic spreading inside her. She turns the volume of the music up to overpower Jisoo's voice.

In this very moment, I'm king
In this very moment, I slayed Goliath with a sling
This very moment I bring
Put it on everything, that I will retire with the ring

Lisa's eyes widen at the song, giggling in excitement. "And I will retire with the crown, yes," she sings.

Jennie puts her sunglasses above her eyes, getting herself ready to sing. "No, I'm not lucky, I'm blessed, yes."

"Clap for the heavyweight champ, me" Jisoo and Rosie sing together.

"But I couldn't do it all alone, we." The four of them sing in unison.

And with that, the tension of the day seemingly melted away, with the four of them singing and laughing along.

***

But the tension rose back up again the second they arrived at Lisa's parents' resort.

"Why is it raining?" Lisa whines, staring out the window in the lobby.

The lobby of the resort is newly renovated. The floor tiles are glass-like, a new and big chandelier hanging over them. The furniture itself looks like it costs more than Jennie's annual tuition.

The Manobans have really leveled it up.

Jisoo sighs. "'cos rain follows us everywhere we go."

"Or, the weather app said that it was going to rain tonight." Jennie points out.

Lisa turns to face her. "But we were supposed to watch the sunset on the beach!"

Jennie lets out a small laugh. "We can watch it tomorrow." She says instead, making Lisa smile.

"Lala, is that you my dear?"

"Mommy!" Lisa screeches, running over to her mother, hugging her tight.

"Hi baby. Your farher and I missed you so much." Lisa's mother says. "I think you grew taller." She pulls away from the hug. "Girls! Come here."

The three of them walk over to Mrs Manoban, hugging the older woman.

"Thanks for having us over, Mrs Manoban." Jisoo says.

"Please. I've been telling Lisa to invite you all over for years now." Mrs Manoban pauses, looking over at Jennie.

"Oh. My sweet Jennie," She locks eyes with her. "it's been so long." She says, hugging her once more. "How's your Aunt? is she doing okay?"

Jennie and the Manobans have gone back many years together. With Jennie practically an orphan, the Manobans made sure to look after Jennie like their own, especially during the times her aunt had to take on two jobs just to put a roof over their heads.

Jennie nods. "She's okay, Mrs Manoban. Thank you for asking." She says, pulling away from the embrace.

"Oh, hasn't the years been good to you," she says, looking at Jennie with admiration. "Lisa, your girlfriend looks beautiful, doesn't she?"

Lisa chuckles. "Yes, ma. She always does." Lisa says, her voice soft.

Mrs Manoban takes Lisa's hand in her own and Jennie's in another. "I am so glad that you two are together. Your aunt and I have been waiting for this moment for years."

Jennie's eyes widen. "What?" She glances over at Lisa's who's sporting a confused look.

Mrs Manoban places Lisa's hand on Jennie's.

"Now, girls. Please take this time to relax. Lisa's father is preparing dinner as we speak." She walks over behind the check in desk, asking the worker for the keys.

"These will be your rooms for the week." She says, dangling the keys in front of them. "You'll have the penthouse suites on the top floor. Enjoy."

"Penthouse?" Jisoo says, her eyes widening, along with Rosie.

"Wait, ma. There's only 3 keys? I thought we had discussed 4 rooms?"

Jisoo quickly grabs one of the keys. "I love you guys, but i'd rather not share." She smiles at them. "I'll see you all at dinner!" She says, walking away. "Thank you Mrs Manoban!"

"Oh no. I must've forgotten to tell you, honey. We're fully booked this week and the fourth room on the top floor is under renovation." She says apologetically. "I'm sure you'll be fine sharing a room with your girlfriend?"

Jennie stills.

One week.

One bed.

With Lisa.

"Yes, of course." Lisa says, taking the key from her mother and handing the last one to Rosé.

"Okay, well. I'll see you all for dinner to properly catch up." Lisa's mother waves them a goodbye.

Lisa walks them over to the elevator, with a bubbly Rosé, asking questions about Lisa's resort, and a very quiet Jennie.

"Jennie?" Rosé calls her name. "What's wrong?" Rosé asks, as they enter the elevator.

Jennie blinks her thoughts away. "Oh, nothing." She clears her throat, a tight smile on her lips.

Sharing a room with Lisa isn't new. But sharing a room knowing she's her soulmate is new territory.

"Ni?" Lisa calls, her eyebrows raised. "Is everything okay?"

Jennie sucks in a breath. "Yeah, sorry. The car ride was a lot. I think I'm just tired." She lies. Well. Half lies.

"It's okay," Lisa chuckles lightly. "We can rest up and go down to eat whenever you're ready, yeah?"

Jennie nods, her stomach fluttering at Lisa's genuine concern for her.

"You know, the two of you are really cute together." Rosé says, smiling widely at them.

"Makes sense 'cos we're both cute, aren't we babe?" Lisa jokes.

Jennie rolls her eyes.

Rosé purses her lips, her eyes squinting at them, like she's trying to figure something out. "I should've seen this coming. I always thought you two were close, like really close. But it all makes sense now." She looks down, staring at Jennie's hand.

Jennie glances down too, not knowing when and how long she's been holding Lisa's hand.

"Thanks." Jennie and Lisa say in unison, their cheeks flushed red.

The elevator chimes. The three of them exit the elevator together, bidding Rosé a farewell.

"Wow." She says, dropping her suitcase as she enters the room. The ceilings are tall. The walls matching the white glassy tiles. An open kitchen sits on the left with a small island table. As she walks further, she's greeted with tall and wide windows plastered around the living room area, with the view of the city.

She feels exposed.

But the penthouse suite is the tallest of all buildings surrounding them; at least nobody will be able to see them. She sighs in relief.

"We have a king bed," Lisa says walking behind her. "I hope you don't mind?"

Jennie turns to face Lisa. She shakes her head. "I'm fine with that. We've shared a bed many times before, Lis." Jennie chuckles. Lisa chuckles along with her.

"So." They say together in unison.

"No, you go first." Jennie says.

"I'm sorry for forcing this on you. For not giving you an out. I wasn't thinking— i just, I should have listened to you when you said no the first time." Lisa says.

"I was being selfish and it's not an excuse." Lisa takes a step closer. "We don't have to do this." Lisa says with finality.

Jennie nods. "Thank you." she smiles at her. "I forgive you."

Lisa smiles back, hugging her tight. "I hate it when we fight."

"I hate it too." Jennie says. "But Lisa," Jennie pulls away from the embrace. "I gave it some thought and I think we should do this."

Lisa draws her eyebrows together. "No, we don't have to. I can tell them tonight that it was a prank that I thought was funny—"

Jennie interrupts. "No, i think this might be a good idea." Jennie says. "You two look good together and I'd be damned if I didn't have a part in my best friend's fairytale ending."

"Fairytale ending?" Lisa laughs.

Jennie clears her throat. "I wanna see fireworks and feel the magic," She mimics Lisa, exaggerating her hand movements. "And i'll hear our favourite song playing—"

"Ya!" Lisa scrunches her nose, putting her hand on Jennie's mouth. "I get it!"

Jennie laughs, removing Lisa's hand off her mouth.

"Also, I don't talk like that."

Jennie snorts.

Their laughter dies down, leaving them staring at each other in comfortable silence.

"I want you to be happy, Lis." Jennie says. And she means it. She wants nothing but happiness for her best friend, her feelings aside.

Lisa's face lightens up, pulling her in for another hug. "Thank you."

Jennie laughs, ignoring the tightness in her chest.

She supposes she can gain something too.

Because for once in her life, she can selfishly feel what it's like to be with the person she's been in love with for as long as she remembers.

Even if it's just for a little while.

It's a win-win for the both of them. Even though she knows it's bound to break her heart in two when the moment comes.

But this is the right thing.

It has to.

***

"It's a 5 star resort, Jendeuk. With so many facilities!" Jisoo says in disbelief. "And they have a carnival fair happening this weekend,"

Jennie hums.

They're hanging out in Jisoo's room after dinner. It was great catching up with Lisa's parents. And plus, it was great eating food that wasn't a microwavable meal.

"Can you believe it?" Jisoo asks. "On their resort grounds too."

"Mhmm." Jennie nods again, stifling a laugh.

"With fireworks! They're literally creating a mini Disneyland." Jisoo adds. "Do you know how expensive it's all going to be?"

"Expensive." Jennie nods.

Jennie lays back on the black leather sofa with Jisoo, watching Rosé and Lisa race each other on their matching rideable suitcases, their laughter filling the air.

"Look, I knew Lisa was rich. But I didn't think her family was generational wealth rich."

Jennie snorts. "She does a good job at blending in." She shrugs.

They watch Rosé fall behind, a grinning Lisa winning in their small friendly match.

Lisa points at Rosé, a wicked smile on her face as she laughs at her teasingly. "HAHAHA!"

"Right," Jisoo snorts. "She really does."

Jennie laughs along. Lisa's playfulness is probably something nobody would suspect from someone who's so well off.

"So," Jisoo slides closer to Jennie, clearing her throat "Lisa asked you out,"

And there it is. She's been waiting for Jisoo to interrogate her all day.

With her older friend/ roommate away for most the weekend, Jennie was free from it all.

But now, there's no escaping.

"Yes she did." She replies calmly. She can't give too much away. Jisoo's smart enough to tell when she's lying.

"And now you two are officially together."

"Yes we are." Jennie nods, her eyes not leaving Lisa and Rosé.

"And this is what you've been wanting for the past 10 years."

"Yes it is."

"So why are you sending daggers over at Chanegie right now?"

"Yes I am— wait," Jennie turns to face Jisoo, a smirk on her lips. "I'm not sending daggers at Rosie."

"You so were. So spill. Why are you jealous?"

"I'm not jealous," Jennie puffs, folding her arms together, watching Lisa laugh at Rosie's new trick on the rideable suitcase.

Maybe just a little.

"Okay, whatever you say."

Lisa takes Rosé's hand in her own, as they ride the suitcase together with one hand, the both of them giggling as they stay balanced. Jennie forces herself to look away.

"Fine," Jennie whispers. "Maybe just a tiny bit jealous." She admits.

Jisoo chuckles softly. "Ah, Jendeukie." Jisoo slides closer to her, pulling her in for an embrace. "Trust me, there's nothing to be jealous of."

Jennie shakes her head. The truth sitting on the tip of her tongue, ready to come out. There's so much to be jealous of.

But she can't tell Jisoo.

She can't risk the truth coming out.

With Rosé's wobbly relationship with Suzy, all it needs is for Rosé to realise that she deserves someone better. Someone to treat her right.

And that someone, is Lisa.

Jennie thinks back to their conversation in the room.

("Look, all she needs to see is how good and kind you are to me." Jennie points out. "She needs to see all these good qualities to realise what Suzy's lacking."

Lisa nods. "So treat you well? That's all?"

"Yep." Jennie nods. "She just needs to see what she's missing out on."

Lisa tilts her head. "This should be easy," she says. "I mean, we're soulmates after all," she points out. "We're bound to be pulled together one way or another."

Soulmates.

Jennie nods, ignoring the heaviness in her chest. "Right." She says, giving her a tight smile.)

"Jennie, look!" Lisa says excitedly, tearing her away from her thoughts. "I won,." Lisa puffs her chest.

Jisoo snorts. "See what I mean?"

"What?"

"Tell me you didn't see that twinkle in her eyes when she looked at you."

"You're seeing things." Jennie points out. Lisa's just excited. That's all.

"Can you come join me? Please?" Lisa begs. "It's so fun."

She chuckles at Lisa's childlike excitement. "I'm coming." She says, walking over to them.

Lisa squeals excitedly, extending her hand toward Jennie. "Let's go outside in the hallway! There's more space."

She opens the door, holding it for Jennie. They seat themselves on Lisa's suitcase. Lisa sits Jennie in front of her, placing both her hands on Jennie's hips.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you won't fall." Lisa whispers in her ear, almost making her shiver.

She clears her throat. "I'll make sure your bangs are uneven."

"Not the bangs," Lisa whines. "It took me a year to grow them out the last time."

Jennie laughs at the memory. It was a youtube tutorial gone wrong. They were 15 and Jennie was so sure she was able to follow the video correctly.

But she thought wrong.

Jennie smirks. "Your future is in your hands."

"Wait!" Rosé yells from behind. "Me and Jisoo wanna race with you guys!"

Jisoo walks out, unimpressed. "I didn't, but I can't have Chaengie all sad on me." The older woman says, sitting on the suitcase.

Jennie and Lisa laugh at their friend.

"Alright, ready," Jennie yells, her hand tightening on the handle. "Gets set. Go!" She yells, pushing the accelerator.

Lisa and Jennie are in the lead, with Rosé and Jisoo not too far back. Their laughter echoing in the hallway. Lisa releases one hand away from her hips, pumping it in the air in excitement.

"We're gonna win, we're gonna win!" Lisa yells.

Just as they reach the end point, a familiar face pops by the corner. Jennie immediately presses the break as Lisa extends her feet, stopping the suitcase from moving.

Rosé and Jisoo don't notice the person until late, the two of them crashing into her.

"Ouch." Suzy cries, falling back.

"Oh shit." The four of them say in unison. Jennie immediately gets up, helping Suzy up.

"Are you okay?" Jennie asks. Rosé pushes her way in front of her.

"Babe, holy shit." Rosie says. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Suzy shakes her head, a small smile on her lips. "I'm fine, baby." She says rubbing her back side, her face slightly in pain. She looks up at Rosie. "Oh, Chae." she sighs, pulling her in for a hug.

"You're here." The blonde says in disbelief. Rosie hugs her back, tears threatening to fall from her eyes again.

Jennie moves away, giving the two some space. She looks at Jisoo and Lisa, signaling to let the two be.

The three of them retreat to their own rooms.

***

Jennie's getting ready for bed when she finds Lisa staring at the window, staring at the moon.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jennie asks, joining Lisa.

"I've always admired the moon," she says, her voice soft. "and the stars even when It was all black and white, it looked beautiful."

"But now," Lisa lets out a short chuckle.

Lisa pauses. The room goes quiet.

Jennie turns her head, confused as to why she stopped talking.

But Lisa's staring right at her, an equally confused look on her face, her mouth slightly agape.

"Now?" Jennie asks, her voice soft, too scared to break the moment.

"She's even more beautiful than i thought." Lisa says softly, her eyes not leaving Jennie's.

She should be used to this. The close proximity between them. But with Lisa's eyes burning into her, like she's finally seeing her, is enough to make her heart beat faster.

Jennie tears her gaze away and clears her throat. She looks out the window."The moon, it has a yellow-ish hue, doesn't it?" she says, staring at the full moon. "It's mesmerising."

A beat passes.

"You see color?" Lisa asks, breaking the silence.

Jennie feels her skin go cold.

Oh shit.

She could tell her the truth right now, saving the two of them for this painful conversation later on.

But instead, Jennie turns to face her best friend, taking Lisa's hand in her own. "I took the pill, silly." She lies, the guilt pangs in her stomach.

Lisa's face relaxes, almost relieved. "Oh, right. I forgot you took those." She says, intertwining their fingers.

Jennie shrugs, she looks at their hands. "Yeah, well. It's not as big of a deal for me as it is to you." She explains.

"So," Jennie starts. "Suzy came."

Lisa purses her lips and nods. "Yeah." She sighs. "It's fine. Soulmates are soulmates. It'll work out one way or another."

Jennie swallows.

"I hope so." She whispers, looking at their joined hands.

Lisa hums. "We should get ready for bed. We have a packed day tomorrow." Lisa says, a grin on her mouth.

Jennie groans, letting go of Lisa's hand. "I'm already scared."

"It's gonna be okay," Lisa sends her a smile. "Just be brave. I got you." She says.

Jennie smiles, the phrase sending butterflies to her stomach.

Be brave.

She lays on her side of the bed, getting ready to fall asleep. What if all she needs is to be brave and let it all pan out?

Lisa's words echo in her mind.

Soulmates are soulmates. It'll work out one way or another.

She sighs. A tiny glimmer of hope in her chest. Maybe it could work out with them. Maybe.

"Oh, and wake up early! My itinerary starts at 6am." Lisa says, before turning the lights off.

__________________________________

accidentally deleted this chapter!! my apologies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 3K 7
Lisa doesn't fit the ideal perfect partner Jisoo has in mind for Jennie- so how on earth did her best friend end up falling for her? or, the five tim...
36.3K 1.3K 40
50% true life events, 50% imagination Two brokenhearted strangers unexpectedly meet in a foreign country. Beautiful friendship blossomed and turned i...
40.2K 1.7K 39
Kim Jisoo, straight, In a relationship with a guy named Jinyoung. Her life is simple, she is a college student, every day enjoying her life at school...
518K 13.9K 30
Lisa and Jennie bestfriend before. But now not anymore. Jennie want to take revenge and make Lisa life a living hell after the small incident that ha...