Trickster Wolf

By SamB-Discrupted

Scarlett is a street fighter as her main job but on the side is also an assassin and on top of all that has t... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one

Chapter Thirty-two

1 0 0
By SamB-Discrupted

Standing in the pack house with Decker by my side I look over the half of my scouts, hunters and worriers who have volunteered to search for my mate. They stand in rows of their position standing still waiting for their orders. Looking to Decker I ask him.

"Where are the others did, do they not want to look for my mate" The wolves In the room lower their head showing their submission to me.

"They were worried they were worried that without your and them here that the pack would be defenceless and prone to attacks" Closing my eyes rubbing my forehead I cannot believe I forgot about the safety of all my other pack members.

"It's alright Darius we understand that you're under a lot of stress and are not thinking clearly" Deckers calming voice focuses me into a better mind set.

"Right well make a new schedule for those staying make sure Greyson is in charge of that and while I am not here Emmet will have to be in charge" Decker looks confused as well as the others.

"Why not me"

"I need you with me you can help me look and stay focused think of it like old time" I half smile getting a grin from him he claps his hands, and the wolves straighten up looking to us.

"You heard him like old times lets get this search on the road, no one is to go into another's territory and do not interact with humans and other supernatural if you do not need to, you will be going out in teams of three. Never leave your teams stay together the whole time understand" They all not starting form their own groups, there's an odd one out who stands awkwardly by himself.

"Luke you'll be with Decker and I" I call him over he quickly walks to us saying thank you others cheering for him clapping him on the shoulder when he walks past them.

"Let's go no time to waste" I say they all run out the door some shifting running in their wolf form in front of others they split up in their teams running for the city.

Once in the city I tell Decker and Luke to stay around this area that is full of pop-up stalls with merchants selling various things. Decker questions me but I just mention that I have someone I need to meet with to discuss business. He drops his questions turning away pointing Luke in a direction walking off. I leave heading to another pack that is closest to mine, I can just hope the Moon Flowers alpha will help me look for Scarlett or have maybe seen anything about her being taken.

I walk through the city ignoring everyone who tries to sell something to me I keep walking into a different part of the forest, I keep walking even when the trees block out the sun. I only stop when I arrive at the entrance of their territory where wolves stand guarding.

"I have business to talk about with alpha Jake" I state not taking my eyes off them, I stand straight backed slightly imposing my dominance. They stand stock still not willing to move to even question if what I said was true or not.

"Alpha Jake says to let him through." A scrawny wolf says from peeking out a door to the side of a small security office. He quickly goes back inside with a clipboard scribbling stuff down. The two wolves move aside letting me in their eyes follow my movement.

I walk through the pack land until I reach the pack house which is a one story building with white bricks that have vines weaving up them. Standing in front of the large oak door is Jake he gives me a soft smile opening the door I walk in. We walk to his office where he gestures for me to sit down in front of his desk, sitting down he follows suite in his chair and asks me.

"So, what brings you here today, although I have an idea what it may be about," He calmly says a cool expression rests on his face. His interlocked hands rest on the desk where stacks of paper are spread out clearly showing I interrupted his work. Luckily, he is one of the Alphas with a calm and even temperament.

"I need your help in getting my mate back she was taken when – we were out, I don't know who took her or were they left no trace," Pausing mid-sentence I realise I shouldn't tell him what we were actually doing, or he might be less willing to help.

"Look Darius I'm sad to say this but I cannot help you, I can't risk my pack to look for your mate were stretched thin right now the rouge attacks have increased and there becoming more aggressive I would suggest that you wait to find her until we have dealt with the rouges. I know its hard to do but if you do wait by the time, you get her our pack lands will be safer," A heavy sigh weighs down on him I see how tired he is and the worry he has for his own pack.

"This has been going on for years it is not going to take a few days to stop it but if I had her help it might only take a few days to find my mate and then we can deal with the rouges for once and all, I don't, I don't know who else I can ask for help, who I can trust." Pleading I tell him how much I need his help knowing deep down that it is unlikely that he will help me but some part of me wishes that he will.

"Really, I would help if I could, but I have also heard about your mate Camilla she is a troublemaker and a rouge amongst other things that I am hoping are just rumours, from what I know she can disappear without a trace and she can handle herself just fine if she is in danger. Even if I were to help you look for her I also don't want to risk my wolves dying from her claws as I know you have lost some from her. But when you do find her and she is alright I would like to meet this trickster of a wolf she seems deadly enough to keep you on your toes." He stands up indicating that this is the end of discussion and he will not be helping slightly disappointed. Standing up I follow him to the doors where we pause, and I speak.

"She is something else, she, she's special and I was only just beginning to know her when she was taken." Sorrowful I give him a small smile as we say goodbye. Walking out of his pack lands I head back into the city to Decker and Luke.

Finding them at a small coffee shop Decker on the phone to presumably one of the other teams, entering the café Decker quickly hangs up the phone moving over to let me have a seat. Luke looks to me quickly showing his submission I quickly accept it letting him continue eating his lunch. Looking at the menu on the table I find something small to eat I go to the counter and order going back to the table to wait for it.

"I'm assuming that it didn't go well with him did it," Decker guesses, I nod trying to think of a lost resort of who might be able to help and the only other person that comes to mind is Ensley but I have no clue where she is or how to find her, so I would need to talk to Mike which means finding him if he is not at the pack.

Decker leaves it at that not wanting to agitate or upset me further. When my food arrives, I scarf it down not realising how hungry I actually am. Once we finish I instruct for Decker and Luke to head back to the pack to make sure everything is alright. They quickly leave running back to the pack. I also leave the café going in a different direction I head further into the city that only seems to get busier the closer to the centre you get. I find Mike waiting for me in a park where he texted me that he would be here. He sits peacefully on a park bench looking over the pond that sits in the middle, ducks, and swans swim around some eating bread that kids throw in.

"I need to find Ensley do you know where I can find her," I question Mike as I sit down on a bench next to him. He turns to me a somewhat helpless look on his face.

"You don't find her she finds you besides only those within her court know where she is as they reside in the same place," Discontent with the information I start to think that perhaps I wont find a way to find Scarlett quickly, and it might take a while which is not good because the longer she is there the more she has to go though and I don't want to let her go through with it.

"Ok, not very helpful, thanks anyway, you should go back to the pack and help keep things under control" I state blandly standing up with my hands in my pocket I walk away leaving Mike not minding when he does go back to the pack. All I can think about is Scarlett and finding her.

It takes until near dusk before I am able to track down one of Ensley's people the only giveaway, I had was his fae stillness and pointed ears. Pulling him away from the crowd pinning him to a brick wall in a lone alleyway using all of his strength to keep him in place. Although he didn't resist his face conveyed just how annoyed he was that he was shoved against a wall by a werewolf.

"What do you want mutt" He flashed his sharp canines at me his anger shown through the action.

"Where does your queen live" Flashing my wolf eyes at him to make sure he knows I am not going to stop until I get an answer and he knew that so he lets out a long sigh leaning harder into the wall.

"Look I know that her favourite pet has been taken and that she is your mate so you know what just this once I'll assist" The matter seems to way on him like he is debating if this is really the right thing to do. But he lets up telling me a general area of where I may find her place. I let him go giving a soft and small growl making sure he knows that it better be the truth.

I go in the direction told having to look everywhere in the area until I find a glamour on a building that seems to lead to a different place. Entering I find that I pass through to a different place where it is midday the sun shinning bright the air warm. A path leads to grand metal gates with fae guards out front. I know that they wont easily let me in so I push through running along the path fighting those who get in my way until I reach the front doors shoving them open and viciously growling at the rest of the guards and whoever else was inside. They leave me letting me walk down the hall into a grand room where Ensley sits in a lounge chair simply sitting tea seeming to not have a care in the world that Scarlett is missing without a trace of where she went.

"Where is she" I growled out my anger showing I march up to her demanding to know if she has my mate somewhere even if that fae male said she didn't have a clue to where she was.

"I don't know what you're talking about" she says nonchalantly taking another sip of tea.

"You have to find Scarlett" I stop in front of her defeat and despair takes hold of me I need to find her this is the only other person I know that could find her by using magic. Other than asking a witch that would want something in return which never went well.

"Find her" Shock takes over her hand falls to place the teacup on the small round table next to her some of the tea spilling out. Her head whips to me she stand quicker then I thought she would. Suddenly looking distraught that Scarlett is gone then realisation like something suddenly made sense.

Ensley try's using her magic but seeming to have no luck as she gets more and more frustrated until her magic burst out flashing the room in green like a shock wave. She sits back down hand in her hair giving up. The weight of this news weighing her down, sitting on my knees I cup her shoulder letting her know it was alright and not to give up.

"I won't give up I promise I'll find her, but you should return to your pack I am sure they need you there and next time you come you will not need to fight your way in. I thank her, her green eyes hopeful and understanding.

I left letting her go I quickly took my leave making my way back to my pack where I am stopped at the border to one of my hunters in a panic saying that I needed to get back and quickly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 85 38
Just another human girl living in a world surrounded by werewolves. These mythical creatures are all around her and yet they're all out of her reach...
3K 64 37
Sara is one of the best martial artist around for miles. For the future of her dreams, all her big brother has to do is decide weather he wants to ru...
5.7M 64.5K 31
Holly has been forced to move across the country to a town she never heard of. Unknown to her, Evanswood is over-run by werewolves. As she adjusts to...
1.3K 39 44
Scarlett Romero has spent her entire life as an ordinary citizen; going to school, getting a job and definitely not killing people in the middle of t...