𝟏 | 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒�...

MysticPsyche_ tarafından

˗ˏˋ꒰🍫꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [Your love is like a studded leather headlock... Daha Fazla

ೄྀ࿐❛ 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄 ❜ ˊˎ-
━━𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬
━━𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
━━𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐜 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐲
━━𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝖎. The Perfect Daughter
𝖎𝖎. A mother knows
𝖎𝖎𝖎. Weeny the house elf
𝖎𝖛. A grand 11th birthday celebration
𝖛. Letters to Sirius
𝖛𝖎. Finding Sunny
𝖛𝖎𝖎. Christine "𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵" mom ever
𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. Platform 9 ¾
𝖎𝖝. Pulling out the stick that are so high up their asses
𝖝. That's Wicked!
𝖝𝖎. A chatty mangy old hat
𝖝𝖎𝖎. Long Term Dorm Mates
𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. Don't Break
𝖝𝖎𝖛. First Day of Classes
𝖝𝖛. Annoying Howlers
𝖝𝖛𝖎. Seeing her smile
𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. Duty to family over self
𝖝𝖎𝖝. The burden of the Hawthorne name
𝖝𝖝. First Year is done!

𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. A flip of a galleon

107 6 0
MysticPsyche_ tarafından

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍:
A flip of a galleon
(1971)

BEING MONITORED BY BELLATRIX is getting quite annoying. It's been two months since her Father asked her older cousin, Bellatrix, to watch over her and Viviane is getting sick of it already. Viviane doesn't even know how her cousin tracks her around the castle because Merlin, the woman, pops out of nowhere at the most unexpected times—it is getting scary.

Viviane is always on edge and has no choice but to act like the proper well-bred pureblood child she is supposed to be.

Bellatrix is in her last year, anyway. It's not going to last long.

It didn't help that Sirius always teased her about it and often sneaks around to bloody scare the living shit out of her—honestly if Viviane had a weak heart, she would probably die of shock because of Sirius's jumpscares.

On another note, a surprise one at that. Lily Evans, the girl on the train with the git, who has no sense of even, well, at least properly grooming his hair or making an effort to be presentable is sitting with Viviane in their first Transfiguration class, she began apologising for her friend's behaviour. Viviane asked why the girl was even apologising for him. Lily said Severus had a difficult childhood and doesn't get along easily with others.

Welcome to the bloody club of having a difficult, bloody childhood. He isn't that special. Viviane has a shitty Father, and she isn't an arrogant arsehole. Severus should really pick another trauma to be his whole personality, for Merlin's sake.

And these kinds of thoughts are the reason why she is really sorted into Slytherin. If someone had read her mind, they'd probably call her a ruthless wench.

Viviane still remembers the conversation that started it all.

"So, is he talking to you?" Viviane nonchalantly asks. She knows that Severus doesn't talk to Lily anymore—she's really just being an unashamed gossiper.

Other than that, because of Lily being sorted into Gryffindor and Severus a Slytherin, and also the fact Severus is being heavily influenced by the other pureblood elitists about befriending muggle-borns and half wizards.

Even if Severus is a half-wizard himself. Severus is a hypocrite, really; that's just that and the truth. Lily frowns, looking down at her parchment as she continues to write down the lesson; she whispers suddenly, "No, not since the sorting. But I understand."

Viviane raises an eyebrow at her, "You understand that your so-called friend has also followed the influences of the pureblood supremacist he now calls friends even though you knew each other even before Hogwarts?"

One thing about Viviane, she may be kind and understanding, but well, when it comes to serious topics, she's painfully blunt and has an incessant need to prove a point.

Lily's frown deepened. Viviane adds, "And that—" Viviane places a hand on top of Lily's hand. "He's ashamed of being friends with you because you're a muggle-born. Because if he's seen with you, his new friends will shun him."

Lily purses her lips as she places her quill on the table. "Well, I understand the whole blood status is important. I'm a muggle-born
and—"

Viviane scoffs, interrupting as she rolls her eyes dramatically, "Don't even dare finish that sentence. You're talking to a Hawthorne. People treat Hawthornes like royalty because we are. We're on top of the Sacred 28, then the Blacks and the Malfoys. Well, I'm also a Black because my Grandmother was a Black before she married my Grandfather, but that's beside the point."

Viviane waves her hands in dismissal with her rambling, continuing, "I'm raised to have the same beliefs as every Pureblood child did. I'm taught to hate everyone who isn't a Pureblood, but I'm having this conversation with you instead of Severus. So do you get my point?"

Lily nods as she blinks rapidly. She got the point which made her curious, "Won't you be, I don't know, questioned if you're seen talking to me?"

"I would be," Viviane honestly answers with a shrug of her shoulders, "But Father said I'm allowed to converse with anybody as long as it concerns my academics. And if anyone dares to shame me. One letter to my Father about it, then they'll wish they hadn't been born."

Lily felt herself shiver, Viviane's tone was light as she spoke, but it was very much a threat, and the way she said it so casually made Viviane a bit terrifying for her, "Oh," was the only word that escaped Lily's mouth.

Viviane looks at her with a tilted head and a grin, "And now you have a Transfiguration partner until the end of the 7th year. You wouldn't mind that would you?" Lily's eyes widened, she didn't expect the offer, but she certainly won't complain.

Lily knows that Sirius is her cousin and the fact that they are both fiercely protective of each other.

Also, mentioning that Sirius started a fight on behalf of defending his cousin's name and that Remus, Peter, and that irritating toerag, James, are friends with Viviane.

She's the only Slytherin that didn't suffer the outcome of their pranks—-and those boys loathe Slytherins.

And that Lily has this mission of befriending students sorted to different houses—she really isn't expecting to befriend a Slytherin because she was a muggle-born, but it's evident that Viviane didn't care.

But she isn't expecting the Hawthorne Heiress would be the one to actually talk to her, and well, practically given her not much of a choice to be her Transfiguration partner until the end of 7th year, but hey, there's a first time for everything and unexpected friendships is definitely her forte.

"Yeah!" Lily couldn't contain her excitement and hugged her. Lily's eyes widened as she realized what she had done, but Viviane giggled and hugged her back. "I'm glad that you're enthusiastic about this."

And now she's on her way towards the Astronomy tower because Professor Volaris Adair assigned their last project for the end of their autumn term before the upcoming Holidays.

Also, he partnered Viviane and Calista Louise Wadsworth together.

Viviane is going, to be honest; they both had a difficult start mostly because Calista is, well, she's reticent and has this scrutinising gaze that made Viviane almost intimidated—almost.

It's painfully evident that Calista isn't a people person. Viviane actually thought that Calista wasn't fond of her. In other words, it was a different interaction than what Viviane had with Lily Evans.

But Viviane did what she always does. She eventually—successfully wormed her way into every available hole in Calista Louise Wadsworth stone cold heart—Dominic teased Calista about it constantly.

Honestly, Viviane doesn't know how Dominic and Calista became friends when they were the polar opposite of each other.

They're doing a presentation on Astronomy Magical Effect Quotient in Depth. Viviane's well-acquainted with the topic but wanted to avoid telling Calista because she might sound like bragging about her knowledge of a vast array of their lessons.

"Are you going home for the holidays?" Viviane asks Calista, who is drawing the phases of Venus on a large parchment—Viviane has to admit that Calista is doing a brilliant job; she's really a talented artist; Viviane kept it to herself; she knows compliments make Calista really uncomfortable.

Calista didn't look at her, focusing on the drawing, but Viviane saw her frown and how her shoulders sagged a bit, "No, my brother and I are staying here for the Holidays."

Calista mentioned how her parents are too busy to celebrate the Holidays with them. Being Legislators for Wizengamot and all.

"Well, I just know what to gift you for Christmas!" Viviane exclaimed enthusiastically. And she could see Calista's urge to smile. Calista then looks at her with a shake of her head. "You don't have to give me anything, I insist."

"But I really want to, and I insist," Viviane grins. Viviane always leaves them no choice but to agree with what she wants—which she needs to change someday, but it comes with the whole Hawthorne Heiress attitude.

"Always the persuasive one between the two of us." Calista rolls her eyes playfully, returning her attention to the unfinished drawing.

Viviane shrugs as she writes about how Mercury and Venus are closer to the Sun than Earth and that they, too, have a full set of phases.

"Well, someone has to be,"

"And I always need to reign you in."

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

"VIVIANE."

"Bellatrix." Viviane greets her as her older cousin approaches her. She was about to state the password to their common room before Bellatrix caught her.

Viviane turns around and sees Bellatrix raising an eyebrow at her with crossed arms to her chest—it was meant to intimidate her, but Viviane slowly got used to it after two months of being greeted with the same expression.

Viviane is a Black too. Lest one forget.

"And what are these things that I've been hearing that you're friends with mudbloods and blood traitors?" Bellatrix spits out the word and stalks toward her. Viviane grimaced at her words.

And as Viviane finally sees her older cousin's face, she is a terrifying woman. Over the years, Viviane had noticed the change in Bellatrix's appearance.

And it isn't a good change; she saw Bellatrix's scars; Viviane knows it's from the Cruciatus curse that she endured from Cygnus Black, Viviane's uncle. Once full of life, her eyes are now dull—almost lifeless as if something is itching to get out.

It was no secret when it came to the Black bloodline. It's a flip of a galleon on whether they'll end up mad or sane. The Black family inherited darkness and madness—Viviane thinks if looked closely, it won't be clinically worse, but because of their undeniable need to punish their children via the Cruciatus curse is what magnifies the madness—and maybe the inbreeding adds to it.

Viviane stood her ground; she knew that Bellatrix actually sensed fear. She answers shortly in a monotonous tone. "It's just for projects and assignments, Bellatrix." It is true. Viviane managed to find a loophole to her Father's rules by interacting with people she wanted to interact with purely out of academic necessity.

"And that's all?" Bellatrix insists with a hum.

Viviane nods, gritting her teeth as she musters a polite smile and gentle tone, "Father knows. He's the one that told me that nothing should interfere with my academics. Even interacting with, as you say, mudbloods and blood traitors in order to have perfect outstanding grades are all academic necessities."

Bellatrix smiles at her—it is rather sinister. Viviane almost cringed. "Good." But then adds, "If I hear or see you interacting with those scums out of academic necessities." Bellatrix mimics Viviane's small voice.

"I'll make sure to report to Uncle Daniel about it."

"Well, feel free to do so. If I did. But my Father knows me well enough that we Hawthornes abide by the rules rather perfectly, as you know." Viviane smiles politely. Bellatrix's nose flares—irritated.

"Yes, you Hawthornes always do everything perfectly. I'll seize the day that you are not." Bellatrix snarky replies, and Viviane looks at her innocently with a pout.

"Careful, Bellatrix. Whoever dares to threaten a Hawthorne is considered a blood traitor."

"And you feel threatened?"

"By you? No. If I recall correctly, we Hawthornes are more superior to Blacks. You ought to learn to respect your superiors."

And with that, Bellatrix forgot all manners and lost her temper—it wasn't the first time Viviane dealt with her cousin going all psychotic.

Veins popped out of her forehead, and her face turned red with rage, and she pulled out her wand, pointing it at her, "You little wench."

Viviane also drew out her wand. "Thread carefully, Bellatrix. You wouldn't want to be blasted off the family tapestry." She swore Bellatrix growled at her and stormed off to their common room.

Viviane sighs heavily. That was dramatic.

Author's Note:
—An update before I go back to my hiatus and be back by May or June for a new Twilight fic!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

57.9K 1.4K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
18.7K 413 38
❝𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋?❞ 𝖺𝗌𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗉𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋. ❝𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗎𝗌 𝗍𝗈, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍...
3K 137 95
deatheater! remus lupin If after being bitten, Remus Lupin had been taken by the uncaring and relentless Fenrir Greyback in the successful attempt to...
140K 5.7K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...