Golden Sunrise

By PixelGlitch64

A mysterious freeze took Cake out of the Elysian Realm and into the Modern Era where things don't seem right... More

Chapter 1: Imagined Awakening
Chapter 2: Hyper Flash
Chapter 3: Revolution's Encore
Chapter 4: Unplanned Skydive
Chapter 5: Failed A'void'dance
Chapter 6: Selfless Panicking
Chapter 7: Storm Wave
Chapter 8: Lament of Carnage
Chapter 9: Lunar Labrat
Chapter 10: Revolution's Continuance

Extra Chapter: Development and Concepts

20 0 0
By PixelGlitch64

Hello everyone, Pixel here!

I just wanted to take some time to thank everyone for reading my books, it's truly been a pleasure to publish and upload the things that allowed me to get through some really tough times in my life!

Originally The Second Strike was supposed to be the end, nothing to come after or any crazy cliffhangers to rely on...until I started talking to some people.

A guy I knew started work on a couple books, one about space and pirates...and the other about Honkai Impact. When I told him that I was interested in this foreign concept, he showed me art, gameplay, characters...and the thing that lead me to writing Fracture For the Future, Lore.

The MILLISECOND I got a old laptop that's STILL not able to do much, I got to work on writing Fracture For the Future from MY character's perspective since he added me into the book and suggested we worked on it TOGETHER. 

EVERYTHING was different from what's been seen on the basic pages that released. Cake was called "Glitch Redstone", the entire 'Launched into Elysian Realm' plot line evolved from it's original plan of me and his character's being BORN in the Elysian Realm to my character being thrown in by the ending of The Second Strike, Cake was supposedly going to date Aponia instead of Elysia because of how me and...(eh screw it he already got name dropped throughout FFTF) Tyler couldn't decide on love interests and had to use a online picker wheel to decide who would date who, and the scenery and setting for it was supposed to be split up into 13 different realms instead of my idea for a singular conjoined singularity landmass.

But midway through writing the book, he and I realized our writing styles didn't really combine well...and due to him deciding to abandon the friend group we had...abandon the book as well. We only made it up to chapter 4 before he left so with the respect I had for him still remaining...I continued solo throughout the rest of it. I really wish things could have went differently and he didn't leave the group behind but just like the theme of Golden Sunrise...we eventually have to move on from our roots and expand into greater horizons.

However one thing had remained the same through the entire process of writing this and FFTF. I always tried my best to stick to how the characters in the original media would act and think. I used common sense and research of how electrons worked to make my character be able to survive for this long, and funny enough...it's also the reason WHY I had Elysia and Cake get together in the first place. I spent endless nights alone until someone came into my life and brightened it up, funny enough, their name was very similar to Elysia's.

Only reason I broke up with her was because of me knowing that if I stayed with her...Tyler would use her to get to me. So to protect her...I broke things off. But the reason as to WHY I didn't retcon the relationship between Cake and Elysia afterwards is because i knew for a FACT that somewhere in the multiverse they would actually get together. Then i was lead to the CLOSEST THING to her...in the form of a friend I had known for a long time.

Golden Sunrise started out as just a passion project that I could work on whenever I was bored or had nothing to do, until I started to read it to my friends. They didn't pay much attention to anything besides chapter 7 but I don't blame them in the slightest! It took a lot of time and research but once I figured out that I was just "IRL K-423", suddenly I knew where to take the story.

Himiko's resurrection got in my head when someone I thought was dead came back and taught me how to appreciate things before they left, the Panic Attack subplot and it's Heart Locket was the result of me having those IRL when I was under too much stress and thought I was going to lose a friend, Kiana's outburst was me realizing what was happening to me and how angry I was at myself for not thinking about myself like how I thought about everyone else, Cake's Kidnapping on the Moon was based on how for a time the person who helped me deal with the panic attacks wasn't there, the entire Continuance scene was me accepting that I needed to change how I went about taking care of myself so I could get stronger as a result.

Originally I planned for a final book called Twilight Sunset, which took place in APHO and only 5 months before Kiana made her return to Earth...but as of right now, I really don't know what to do with the story. I'd ask for ideas but I don't want to trouble anyone reading this further, so for right now...actually...no. Twilight Sunset WILL come out, just not right now or in a week! 

So now that all of that's out of the way...Enjoy 4 pieces of Concept art!

Originally Golden Sunrise was supposed to start out with Cake waking up alone on the Moon with only a couple traces of his memories of who he was or the simulation. And the plot of the story would revolve around him BARELY interacting with any of Honkai's main characters, instead exploring it's world and discovering exactly what happened to the Flame Chasers for them all to mysteriously DIE without him. Since it didn't make sense for him to wake up in a Cryo Pod on the moon, I changed it to where he was woken up by Kevin to be used as a weapon...and then Golden Sunrise was changed entirely.

After having his "Omniverse Realization" moment, this was what he would have looked like while being the Herrscher of Continuance. I know...it looks weird. BUT it has some really cool design choices! Like how the Honkai Energy is now leaking all around the armor, the energy shield generated by Excalibur became a ranged arm shield that could fire out energy blasts while also acting as a gauntlet (Sadly one of the lines he had needed to be removed...Supreme Cannon is Omnimon's thing, not his.), TRUE Excalibur was essentially just an upgraded Excalibur that was based on the concept in Terraria about you being able to upgrade Excalibur to True Excalibur and gaining sword beams as a result, and...a little edit to it. The "Only one use" thing...nah it's not one use, he just doesn't have enough Honkai Energy to use it again. It didn't attract anything once so ever.

This was the original design of how Cake would have looked in..."Crimson Sunset"...weird name but ok past me. Anyway in the old plot line of this story, he was supposed to be a homeless warrior who's travled the world while saving people! And his body was supposed to be degrading throughout the 6 planned chapters, passing away at the end of Chapter 6 and officially ending off his character while he continued to be the one who saved everyone. I think he also adopted the surname of "Kaslana" but I'm not too sure. But the THOR Stigmata was a planned evolution of Loki, evolving along with the Gem of Outcome and completely changing to more of how Thor acted in Infinity War. Impressive that the Metal Arm concept still stuck!

Finally, here's the cannon design of Cake Redgrave for Twilight Sunset, now being 926 and one of the world's lines of defence. His power here is enough to DECIMATE a Honkai Swarm of up to 1,000,000 before giving in due to exhaustion, and...yeah I'm not gonna lie, his design is just a mixed bag of "What If's?" just like his reason for existing! With a robotic arm(YES!) Kiana's hoodie, the helmet, gloves, boots, and cloak of the Armor of Revolution, alongside the Baseball Bat he was gifted with and a callback to his departed lover, this boy is somehow the most POWERFUL Herrscher on Earth currently!...which isn't saying much since Valkry's and Knights are now on par with Herrscher's due to the energy drainage BUT HE'S STILL STRONG! And one last thing to note is how he's protected both a weakened Mei and Bronya without a place to stay, acting as a silent body guard and only speaking when in a HUGE throwdown or when it's only him and someone he's known for a long time.

Well that's about it from me for now, I'd like to thank you all again for reading my stories...and I'll catch ya on the B-Side! 

-PixelGlitch64

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.7K 1.2K 29
ON INDEFINITE HIATUS 《■ □ ■ □》 Six. That was the number of months that had passed since Noah came to Saint Freya as a Valkyrie. He had no memories of...
10.1K 136 79
This is completed sadly, I have another book in progress
37K 1K 40
"𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖞 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖎 𝖜𝖎𝖊𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖎 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖒𝖞 𝖔𝖜𝖓 �...
174 7 5
"No one knows who he is, or where does he come from..." ... "His name and his past have long been buried by the sands of time..." ... "A wandering be...