Hazel Potter // WTM

By kaydeekajk

A group of children, survivors of the second wizard war, victims of losing families, and no strangers to deat... More

CHARACTER: THE GOLDEN ERA
CHARACTERS: MARAUDERS ERA
CHARACTERS: PARENTS AND OTHERS
CHAPTER ONE: ARRIVING
CHAPTER TWO: GOOD LUCK
CHAPTER THREE: THE ZOO
CHAPTER FIVE: INHERITANCE AND SHOPS
A/N
CHAPTER 6: STORIES
Chapter 7: Stevie
I'm sorry
CHAPTER 8: The sorting hat & Dorm mates

CHAPTER FOUR: LETTERS AND A GIANT

3.6K 122 32
By kaydeekajk

The screen stay dark while there were rustling noises. The light flicker on, showing a shirt stuffed under the door so the Dursleys don't knows she has the lights on. Hazel folds her blankets, Lifts her mattress, and pulls out a beaten-up metal box Mrs. Figg gave to her years ago.

Carefully, Hazel pops it open. She pulls out a stack of paper. The camera move to Hazel's shoulders. The first paper Is a black dog. She removes it to show a stag. The third picture is a living room with a wolf and a stag jumping over the couch and coffee table. In the corner is a solid gray figure.

" hey! that us!" Sirius jumps up and down, pointing at the screen.

" Wow... You managed to remeber that?" remus was in awe.

" That my girl." james giggled, kissing hazel on the cheek. Her tears dried leaving her face a little puffy. Her soul stealers hated seating back but had too on her orders. Until the time was right.

" Deffintly me ." Lily bragged to her friends.

The fourth picture is the back of woman with red hair she folding something. Maybe a blanket, or a towel.

" Lily flower!"

The next picture is blank faces of the red haired women, the clury haired man, the long curly haired man, the tall man with three lines across his face, and a short blond man. There all standing side by side as the redhead and short curly haired man hold a baby. Hazel traces her fingers over the figures.

" Merlin, Hazel. You managed to to that at eleven?" Ron was shocked. He nows his best friend is a good artist, populer one as well, but he edidn't think she was that good at eleven.

" Nine actully." the look on everyone faces boosted hazel ego.

Vernon and Petunia told her her whole life her parents were drunk and died in a car crash, the same car crash was were she got her lightning bolt scar.

" DRUNKS!- sersily is that all they could think of? Drunks!" Lily fumed. Petunia Knows how much she hates hard liquor. 

She doesn't believed it though because of her dreams. Sometime's... Just sometimes she swears she can feel thier touch. It's warm, welcoming, and loving. The complete opposite of the dursleys hard hands and bruisng grips.

The atmosphere becomes moody. Many of hogwarts student can't imagine growing up without thier parents. Some Hogwarts student know exactly how it feels to be brought up in such a abusive house hold and wish for the love of thier parents.

Sirius starts to blame himself. She their while he is probably somehwere else, not taking care of his brother in all but bloods, child.

Hazel takes out a pencil and blank piece of paper. She hold the paper on the side of the metal box and begins to draw out the picture of the man from her dream she had that night. It was the most clearist dream she has ever had. she can never shape out the nose, eyes, cheeks, or jaws. But the dream seemed like she was watching a movie.

" Did you never see picture of us?" James pulled hazel away a few inches so she could look him in the eyes.

" No, vernon burnt all the pictures he could find."

" And petunia let him?" Lily looked and sounded to haert broken.

Hazel shook her head, " Vernon did it when she was asleep. I was five. He told me they were pictures of you and had me watch him burn them. It took two days for petunia to notice. Vernon slept on the couch for two weeks."

Lily looked hopeful to that, but then rember petunia treated her daughter the same as vernon.

To weeks go by, By then the summer holiday started and Dudley had already broken his new video camera, crashed his remote control airplane, and, first time out on his racing bike, knocked down old Mrs. Figg as she crossed Privet Drive on her crutches. 

Hazel only had eight meals the whole time. Bread and butter and water. Monday she got carrots. Not the most flaverfull but it got the job done with soothing her stomach for a few hours. Three of those meals were given, the rest were stolen. 

" BREAD AND BUTTER! AND SHE HAD TO STEAL!" Regulus screamed at Dumbledore

" How could you put her in that house! She could have easily gone to a close magical family of the potters!" Molly screamed right after regulus.

" The diggory family, the weasleys, the prewetts could have taken her in!" Flemont shouted after molly. all three of them, along with others, glard at dumbledore who was started to sweat.

" I'm sure i had a good reason. As i said before, it's better for her to grow up out of the fame and pressure of being the defeater of Voldemort." Some belived him but others didn't. Like the weaslys, Potters, Some of the blacks, older raveclaws, the prewetts, and many others in other houses.

Hazel would lay in her dark cupboard all day, wishing she had a watch. She never know what time it is and she couldn't be sure the Dursleys were asleep yet. Until they were, she couldn't risk sneaking to the kitchen for some food. he would wait for hours in complete silence to be sure. 

Eventually, hazel was allowed out for chores. Which were piled up dishes, dust everywhere, and trash in ever corner. Petunia col have easily done it herself but waits for hazel to do it.

"Ugh, and she says she will be the best housewife when she won't even do the chore's." lily hissed.

Nearing the end of the mouth, there was a horrible smell in the kitchen the next morning when Hazel went in for breakfast. It seemed to be coming from a large metal tub in the sink. She went to have a look. The tub was full of what looked like dirty rags swimming in gray water.

"What's this?" she asked Petunia. Her lips tightened as they always did if she dared to ask a question.

"Your new school uniform," she said.

Hazel looked in the bowl again.

"Oh," she said, "I didn't realize it had to be so wet."

"Don't be stupid," snapped Petunia. "I'm dyeing some of Dudley's old things gray for you. It'll look just like everyone else's when I've finished."

Hazel looked absolutely mortified. " Dudley's old uniform? Don't I need a skirt?"

" Oh shut up! You get what you get!" Petunia barked. Immediately, Hazel sat down at the table and tried not to think about how she was going to look on her first day at Stonewall High—like she was wearing bits of old elephant skin, probably.

Fashionista's all around the room gagged. Merlen, a friend of lily's, turned to her. " I feel incredible sympathy for you. You have to see that thing every summer and holidays." Merlan scooted away from the screen.

Dudley and Vernon came in, both with wrinkled noses because of the smell from Haze's new uniform. Vernon opened his newspaper as usual and Dudley banged his Smelting stick, which he carried everywhere, on the table.

They heard the click of the mail slot and flop of letters on the doormat.

"Get the mail, Dudley," said Vernon from behind his paper.

"Make Hazel get it."

"Get the mail, Hazel."

"Make Dudley get it." Hazel really didn't what to get the dumb mall.

"Poke her with your Smelting stick, Dudley."

Hazel dodged the Smelting stick and went to get the mail. Four things lay on the doormat: a postcard from Vernon's sister Marge, who was vacationing on the Isle of Wight, a brown envelope that looked like a bill, a white envolope with a crisive APWBD, and—a letter for Hazel.

Hazel picked it up and stared at it, her heart twanging like a giant elastic band. No one, ever, in her whole life, had written to her. Who would? She had no friends, no other relatives—she didn't belong to the library, so she'd never even got rude notes asking for books back. Yet here it was, a letter, addressed so plainly there could be no mistake:

Mrs. H. Potter-Black

The Cupboard under the Stairs

4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey

The envelope was thick and heavy, made of yellowish parchment, and the address was written in emerald-green ink. There was no stamp.

" AAAAHHHHHH! SHE GOT HER LETTER! SHE GOT HER LETTER!" Sirius screamed. With hazel still on his lap, James danced with his upper body as he and Sirius chanted, " she got her letter, she got her letter, she got her letter, now let's what inside!"

Hazel smiled but she won't be getting her letter, not for another week.

" WAIT!" James froze.

he turned to the teachers, " YOU NOW WHERE THEY SLEEP!"

" No. Mr. Potter. there self-writing quills. Obviously, we will be changing that." she side eyes Dumbledore. He the one who was too lazy to self-write them so they had to do self-writing quills.

Turning the envelope over, her hand trembling, Hazel saw a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake surrounding a large letter H.

"Hurry up, girl!" shouted Vernon from the kitchen. "What are you doing, checking for letter bombs?" He chuckled at his own joke.

The man next abraxas glared at the fat pig. How dare he joke on a subject like bombs!

Hazel went back to the kitchen, still staring at her letter. She handed Vernon the bill and the postcard, sat down, and slowly began to open the yellow envelope.

Vernon ripped open the bill, snorted in disgust, and flipped over the postcard. 

"Marge's ill," he informed Aunt Petunia. "Ate a funny whelk..." He looked at the envolope with the APWBD and laughed, thinking of whatever that letter means every mouth it comes in for.

"Dad!" said Dudley suddenly. "Dad, Hazel's got something!"

Hazel was on the point of unfolding her letter, which was written on the same heavy parchment as the envelope, when it was jerked sharply out of her hand by Vernon.

"That's mine!" said Hazel, trying to snatch it back.

" Give it back you bitch!" Remus screamed. He was about to throw popcorn, but lily slapped his hand down.

" What he said. GIVE IT BACK, HOE!" Barty yelled, throwing a candy bar at the screen. it hit Vernon straight in-between the eyes.

" BULLSEYE!" Many Muggle born and half-blood witches and wizards yelled.

"Who'd be writing to you?" sneered Vernon, shaking the letter open with one hand and glancing at it. His face went from red to green faster than a set of traffic lights. And it didn't stop there. Within seconds it was the grayish white of old porridge. Hazel eye seem to glow, her need for that letter pouring into her brain.

Dumbledore leaned forward, intrigued by the display of magic this girl is showing without any training or knowledge of magic.

Dudley tried to grab the letter to read it, but Vernon held it high out of his reach. Petunia took it curiously and read the first line. For a moment it looked as though she might faint. She clutched her throat and made a choking noise.

"Vernon! Oh my goodness—Vernon!"

They stared at each other, seeming to have forgotten that Hazel and Dudley were still in the room. Dudley wasn't used to being ignored. He gave his father a sharp tap on the head with his Smelting stick.

"I want to read that letter," he said loudly.

"I want to read it," said Hazel furiously, "as it's mine."

" Yes, it is, gurly." A random Hufflepuff boy snapped his fingers. Hazel turned to him and then did the hand, the boy winked at her.

"Get out, both of you," croaked Vernon, stuffing the letter back inside its envelope.

Hazel didn't move.

"I WANT MY LETTER!" she shouted. She stomped her feet hard onto the ground.

"Let me see it!" demanded Dudley.

"OUT!" roared Vernon, and he took both Hazel and Dudley by the scruffs of their necks and threw them into the hall, slamming the kitchen door behind them. Hazel and Dudley promptly had a furious but silent fight over who would listen at the keyhole; Dudley won, so Hazel, her glasses dangling from one ear, lay flat on her stomach to listen at the crack between door and floor.

" Wow, you are desperate." alice giggled.

"Vernon," Petunia was saying in a quivering voice, "look at the address—how could they possibly know where she sleeps? You don't think they're watching the house?"

"Watching—spying—might be following us," muttered Vernon wildly.

" Oh please, we could never waist time and nasty humans like you.' McGonagall hissed under her breath.

"But what should we do, Vernon? Should we write back? Tell them we don't want—"

Hazel could see Vernon's shiny black shoes pacing up and down the kitchen.

"No," he said finally. "No, we'll ignore it. If they don't get an answer... Yes, that's best... we won't do anything..."

"But—"

"I'm not having one in the house, Petunia! Didn't we swear when we took her in we'd stamp out that dangerous nonsense?"

" What dangerous is not letting her go." Euphemia mocked Vernon. " Fat pile of shit." she stuck her toung out. 

That evening when he got back from work, Vernon did something he'd never done before; he visited Hazel in her cupboard.

"Where's my letter?" said Hazel, the moment Vernon had squeezed through the door. "Who's writing to me?"

"No one. It was addressed to you by mistake," said Vernon shortly. "I have burned it."

" WHAT!" The whole hall yelled. To burn a Hogwarts letter is a disgrace amongst the people.

" Oh, my merlin, oh my merlin, oh my merlin!" McGonagall was full on mad when he said that. she takes the letters very seriously.

"It was not a mistake," said Hazel angrily, "it had my cupboard on it."

"SILENCE!" yelled Vernon, and a couple of spiders fell from the ceiling. He squeezed out and slammed the door shut.

Next morning at breakfast, everyone was rather quiet. Dudley was in shock. He'd screamed, whacked his father with his Smelting stick, been sick on purpose, kicked his mother, and thrown his tortoise through the greenhouse roof, and he still didn't have his room back. Hazel was thinking about this time yesterday and bitterly wishing she'd opened the letter in the hall. Vernon and Petunia kept looking at each other darkly.

"OOOHHHH! Mommy giraffe and daddy pig are fighting~" Sirius cooed.

The scene changed to a dark owl, flying with a letter in its claws. It got closer to the Dursleys home, letting go of the letter, where it whooped right into the letter slot on the front door. The owl flew over to the Atena where two other owls are already perched on.

This time, it was Vernon that grabbed the letter, more like three letters. He tore them up with his face going red. Quickly he got a plank of wood and drill. The Camra moved to hazel cupboard, where she was boringly moving a toy horse around. 

James hugged hazel again. Hazel rested her head on his shoulder as he laid his head on top of her hers. James looked at the dusted plastic horse and wondered what type of horse's hazel likes t0 get her every year on her birthday.

lily glared at the plastic horse. She hates that horse toy. 

In the background, you can hear drilling noises. Hazel moved to the door and opened it by an inch. Out by the door, is Vernon, sealing the letter slot shut with a thick plank of wood.

Hazel shut the tiny door, glaring at Vernon fat ass.

" BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHA!" everyone around hazel laughed. 

" Oh, my fuck balls, that was way too funny then it was supposed to be." James whipped away a tear.

" Oh, girl Ima teach you so much shit. You just like me." Sirius faked cried. " I'm stealing her from you James."

" Us." Lily corrected.

James blushed.

hazel giggled.

" I don't think that will be necessary, mate." Fred said.

" She is doing quite well on her own." George finished.

they both winked at hazel who blushed.

Instantly James and Sirius became grouchy again and Sirius threw a death note to the twins.

They paled but laughed it off and joked about getting hanging tickets. Hanging ticket that hung from trees for free concerts, yeah, those kinds of tickets.

The next day, owls are everywhere.

" Have a lovely day at the office dear." Petunia kissed her husband on the cheek. her face turned sour when she heard the hoot of the owls.

Vernon turned to the owls and waved his suitcase in the air, " Shoo! Go on!" 

Petunia held onto her husband's arm as she looked around. Her eye stopped below her. She patted Vernon's arm. He looked at her, then fallowed her gaze. On the ground is five letters. All addressed to hazel.

" YAS MINNIE! GET MA GIRL TO HOGWARTS!" both the twins yelled at the same time.

" WHAT DO YOU MEAN' MA GIRL'!" James, Sirius, and flemont yelled at the same time.

The twins looked at each other and swallowed hard. " We are really closes... Friends." Fred laugh forcefully.

" Really... 'Close' friends." flemont interrogated them for five minutes but they were only repeated the same thing.

close friends.

they got fifteen death notes per minutes from Sirius and james.

they looked at hazel for help, but she was too busy laughing with lily and Euphemia.

The next day, after collecting the letters for hazel that mourning, vernon took yesterdays and today letters, started the fireplace, and slowly threw the letters in. One by one. Hazel came in from the kitchen, seeing Vernon burning them with her own eyes.

Vernon saw her, held up a letter with his evil smirk, and threw it into the fire. Hazel looked right at him as the fire grew larger, it sparked all around, even torches the corners of Vernon cuffs.

The next day, Sunday, Vernon was happy for the first time that week.

" Fine day, sunday." He said with his lazy eye all over the place.

" In my opinion, best day of the week." He turned ot his son. " Why is that, Dudley?"

Dudley shrugged, not knowing. Hazel, who was serving cookies came to him, " Because there is no post on Sunday."

Vernon smiled, " Right you are, Hazel. No post on Sunday. Ha!"

Hazel turned to window, hearing an owl screeching.

None of the dursley noticed. " No blasted letters today!" Vernon pooked. The camera stayed on hazel as she countinued to look out the window.

" No sir! Not one single bloody letter!" Vernon continued with his rant. Hazel walked to the window, pulling back the white laced curtains. Outside are dozens of owls that touch no house but the Dursleys house.

" No, sir! Not one blasted, miserable." A letter flew out the fireplace hitting Vernon in the face. Hazel turned around, hearing the sound.

The hall busted in laughter seeing Vernon face after being smacked with paper.

Dudley and petunia looked at Vernon confused. They both turned to the fireplace, hearing a rustling noise. The whole house trembled as letters flew through the chimney and right into the living room like a storm.

Dudley screamed, jumped into his mother lap. Petunia cleached onto her son. Vernon waved his arms around as the letters seemed to only attack him.

Hazel on the other hand is smiling. She jumps around, even climbing onto the coffe table, waving her arm around to catch a letter. 

" James, you gave her your brain!" Lily groaned.

James and hazel giggled together. 

" Good luck." Sirius reached over and patted lily on the shoulder.

Eventually she does. She holds the letter in her hands. Her eye shinning in happiness that she finally has a letter in her hands.

Hazel jumps off the coffee table and makes a dash for the cupboard.

" Give me that!" Vernon shouts as he quickly realizes that hazel has a letter. He chases after her. " Give me that letter?" Hazel jumps over the couch just as he is about to grab her.

Just as hazel start to open the cupboard door, Vernon grabs her from the behind, pulling her away.

" Get off you bitch." James yelled. Hazel leans away so he not screaming her ear. " I'll fucking kill you, cook you, then feed your fat ass to the trolls!"

" Get off you fat cow!" Hazel screeching. she kicks her feet in the air.

" It's my letter! Let go of me!" Verno falls to the ground but keep his hold on hazel.

The plank on the letter slot breaks off from the pressure of the letters trying to get through.

" Damn, Minnie. You never give up, do you?"

McGonagall smiled, " If I send it then I will be getting a reply."

" Plus, I am the child of her favorite students." Hazel boosted.

" Ugh, Minnie you said James and I are your favorite not James AND lily!" Sirius pouted.

" You are." hazel smiled.

"... OH, MY MERLIN IM THE DOGFATHER!" 

Hazel and her friends shared a look as they saw Sirius, James, Remus, peter, and lily start a full-on life plan.

" That's it!' Verno yells, " We're going away! Far away! Where they can't find us!" 

Regulus snorted, " yeah right."

Petunia and Dudley watch from the kitchen door. They watch as the two wrestle on the ground. Hazel trying to get away with her letter and Vernon yelling while tightening his grip around hazel. 

" Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?"

" He wasn't before?" Sirius broke from the conversation of ' starting the quidditch's training at five mouth old'. " I'm shook."

Petunia couldn't even say anything as Dudley was right, Vernon has gone mad.

" Tell us something we don't know." Lucius scoffed.

The scenery changed to a old brick house on a tiny rock island in what seemed, in the middle of know where.

Petunia and Vernon slept in the only room in the house while dudley slept on the hard couch. Hazel is on her stomach, drawing out a cake. She puts down eleven lines, representing her almost new age, eleven.

Many looked at each other, sadden. They can't imagine having to draw their birthday cake.

The man next to abraxas takes a heavy breath, remembering the days at the orphanages. 

He would fog up his bedroom window and draw his birthday cake, then have dozens of chores as his 'birthday gift' from everyone.

He clenched his fist; he failed another child. 

" I'm sorry, baby." James spoke barley above a whisper, ashamed he wasn't strong enough to live and give his little girl the life she deserves.

" It's okay, dad, it's not your fault." Hazel snuggled closer into him. 

without warning, Sirius pulled them down from the couch. Hazel gasped from the sudden movement but was quickly surrounded by five warm bodied. James is behind her, lily on her left, Sirius on her right, Remus right Infront of her, and peter next to Remus. 

Hazel is leaning between James legs. Lily has her arms wrapped around her neck, Sirius has arm around her waist and holding her hand on the other side, and Remus is leaning against hazels, James, and Sirius legs.

Orion looks at the bundle. As the head of the black family, he can feel all magic associated with his blood and house. Despite being from the future, Orion knows that hazel has his blood running through her veins making her his granddaughter.

Orion smiles as he looks at his oldest son. Finally, he will have the family he deserves, a family that does not fear to show love.

Hazel takes a quick look to Dudley watch, eleven fifty-nine. just then it beeps, showing know its twelve am on July thirty-first.

Hazel turns to the drawn cake and closes her eyes. " Make a wish, hazel." A few seconds go by and then she blows. as the last line is blows out, a big bang come from the door.

" Oh, shit what i that!" James and Sirius jumped from the bang.

 Hazel laughed until it was a hard giggled, " It's my savior."

Ron, Neville, and Draco couldn't help but bark out laughing. People looked them then at each other, shocked that a Malfoy is laughing with a Weasley and a Longbottom.

" Oh, it got meh." Draco said in a voice a voice as he, hazel, Ron, Hermione, and Neville looked at each other than doubled over laughing.

Dudley woke up with a start. whoever is on the other side of the door, kicks it again. the lever lock trembles. At the third kick, hazel jumps up to her feet and hides.

Moody nods, it good to hide when you don't know what lays ahead.

Vernon and petunia come down the stairs, with Vernon holding a rifle. He points it to the door as the person behind it kick the door again and again. " Who' there?" Vernon trembles.

The person behind the door kicks it one more time, and the whole door goes down. A giant of a man was standing in the doorway. His face was almost completely hidden by a long, shaggy mane of hair and a wild, tangled beard, but you could make out his eyes, glinting like black beetles under all the hair.

" HAGRID!" student shouted, cheering. Hagrid blushed at the attention.

" Thank you, Hagrid, for saving my little girl, thank you." lily turned Hagrid with a half-sad and half-happy smile.

Hagrid blushed even harder. " No need to thank meh."

Hazel Looks him up and down, looking at his clothes and... What is that around him.

Hazel eyes widen as she sees a red and yellow fog around him.

" How can you do that!" Dumbledore asked, astonished. 

Hazel hides her smirk," I was just born with the ability to see others magical aura." she shrugged her shoulders.

" No one been able to do that...In centuries." Minnie looked straight at the girl, despite being lily's and James's child, she looks mor alike James and Sirius.

" Yeah, you could say I am one in a million."

The giant squeezed his way into the hut, stooping so that his head just brushed the ceiling. stuffs a umbrella into his coat. He looks at all of them and says, " Sorry about that." He bent down, picked up the door, and fitted it easily back into its frame. The noise of the storm outside dropped a little. 

" I demand that you leave at once, sir!" Vernon shouts, pointing the end of the barrle at the giant man. " You are breaking an entering!" 

The giant man ignore him. He walks to vernon, looks at the gun, grabs hold of the barrle, and bends it in half. " Dry up dursley, you great prune."

Just as the giant man bent it, Vernon pulled the trigger. Luckly, the bullet only went up to the ceiling. The giant man walked away from them to Dudley. 

" My, look at you boy. You look rounder than a pig!" The giant man chuckled. " So, where is hazel?" He asked getting straight to the point.

Hazel let her hinding place. " right here."

The giant man beamed, " Hello there, Hazel. Las' time I saw you, you were only a baby," said the giant. "Yeh look a lot like yer dad, but yeh've got yer mom's eyes or well one eye." The giant man chuckled.

" Got something for you. 'Fraid I might have sat on it at some point but i imagine it Tast fine just the same." the giant man pulled out a white box with blue ribbon.

Hazel eyes brighten. Her first ever birthday present.

Lily and James looked ashamed...once again. You get all happy then it gets depressing again.

" Baked it myself, words and all. Heh."

Hazel Glady accepted the gift and quickly opened it. Inside is a pink frosted cake with the word' HAPPEE BIRTHDAY HAZEL' in green frosting.

Hazel beamed at the giant man. " Thank you so much."

" Not every day your young girl turns 11 now is it. eh?"

Hazel at down the cake, despite being happy about, she knows not eat something from a complete stranger even though the red and yellow aura around him is comforting.

" Hagrid is a humble lad, isn't he." James called out, looking at the man he now grown to appreciate very much. After these movies, he graduates with lily flower, get married and have kids, Hagrid going to be there is another uncle to hazel. It wrong to take away the relationship that had grown through hazel and the Hagrid in the screen.

"Who are you?"

The giant chuckled.

"True, I haven't introduced myself. Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts."

He held out an enormous hand and shook Hazel's whole arm.

"What about some tea then, eh?" he said, rubbing his hands together. "I'd not say no ter summat stronger if yeh've got it, mind."

His eyes fell on the empty grate with the shriveled chip bags in it and he snorted. He bent down over the fireplace; they couldn't see what he was doing but when he drew back a second later, there was a roaring fire there. It filled the whole damp hut with flickering light and Hazel felt the warmth wash over her as though she'd sunk into a hot bath.

The giant sat back down on the sofa, which sagged under his weight, and began taking all sorts of things out of the pockets of his coat: a copper kettle, a squashy package of sausages, a poker, a teapot, several chipped mugs, and a bottle of some amber liquid that he took a swig from before starting to make tea. Soon the hut was full of the sound and smell of sizzling sausage. Nobody said a thing while the giant was working, but as he slid the first six fat, juicy, slightly burnt sausages from the poker, Dudley fidgeted a little. Uncle Vernon said sharply, "Don't touch anything he gives you, Dudley."

The giant chuckled darkly.

"Yer great puddin' of a son don' need fattenin' anymore, Dursley, don' worry."

the hall laughs at Hagrid's insult.

He passed the sausages to Hazel, who was so hungry she had never tasted anything so wonderful, but she still couldn't take her eyes off the giant. Finally, as nobody seemed about to explain anything, she said, "I'm sorry, but I still don't really know who you are."

The giant took a gulp of tea and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Call me Hagrid," he said, "everyone does. An' like I told yeh, I'm Keeper of Keys at Hogwarts—yeh'll know all about Hogwarts, o' course."

Students clapped for Hagrid for his future position at Hogwarts. Hagrid smiled and did a little dance then bowed in embarrassment when he noticed he did it in Infront of everyone.

"Er—no," said Hazel. She decided to take a seat next to Hagrid. His aura moved away from her body, then it seemed to...sniff her? But it eventually touched her body. A new kind of warmth shuddered through her body. she felt something inside her shift, brake apart from something. That was when the red, yellow, blue, and green aura slowly seeped out of her body. She looked at herself shocked.

James clapped, "that's my daughter bitches. None of yall kids will NEVER be like her."

"Language." Euphemia hissed, flicking James's ear. he winced and cupped his ears.

Hagrid looked shocked.

"Sorry," Hazel said quickly seeing the look on her face. she pushed away her Aura back to her body, it didn't pain her, and she felt nothing but lighter than she was before it showed up.

"Sorry?" barked Hagrid, turning to stare at the Dursleys, who shrank back into the shadows. "It's them as should be sorry! I knew yeh weren't gettin' yer letters but I never thought yeh wouldn't even know abou' Hogwarts, fer cryin' out loud! Did yeh never wonder where yer parents learned it all?"

" Learned what?"

"LEARNED WHAT?" Hagrid thundered. "Now wait jus' one second!"

He had leapt to his feet. In his anger he seemed to fill the whole hut. The Dursleys were cowering against the wall.

"Do you mean ter tell me," he growled at the Dursleys, "that this girl—this girl!—knows nothin' abou'—about ANYTHING?"

Hazel thought this was going a bit far. She had been to school, after all, and her marks weren't bad.

" Oh, you poor girl." Minnie mumbled, astonished that new really new absolutely nothing."

Multiple wizards and witches start to form plans in their heads on how to prevent all of this from happening.

"I know some things," she said. "I can, you know, do math and stuff."

But Hagrid simply waved his hand and said, "About our world, I mean. Your world. My world. Yer parents' world."

"What world?" Hazel really wasn't liking this at all.

Hagrid looked as if he was about to explode.

"DURSLEY!" he boomed.

Uncle Vernon, who had gone very pale, whispered something that sounded like "Mimblewimble." Hagrid stared wildly at Hazel.

"But yeh must know about yer mom and dad," he said. "I mean, they're famous. You're famous."

"What? My—my mom and dad weren't famous, were they?"

"Yeh don' know... yeh don' know..." Hagrid ran his fingers through his hair, fixing Hazel with a bewildered stare.

"Yeh don' know what yeh are?" he said finally.

Uncle Vernon suddenly found his voice.

"Stop!" he commanded. "Stop right there, sir! I forbid you to tell the girl anything!"

" Bitch shut the fuck up before I kill you!" Bellatrix shouted. Her eye widens in anger. those around her can see the famous Black Madness.

A braver man than Vernon Dursley would have quailed under the furious look Hagrid now gave him; when Hagrid spoke, his every syllable trembled with rage.

"You never told her? Never told her what was in the letter Dumbledore left fer her? I was there! I saw Dumbledore leave it, Dursley! An' you've kept it from her all these years?"

"Kept what from me?" said Hazel eagerly.

"STOP! I FORBID YOU!" yelled Uncle Vernon in panic.

Aunt Petunia gave a gasp of horror.

"Ah, go boil yer heads, both of yeh," said Hagrid. "Hazel—yer a witch"

There was silence inside the hut. Only the sea and the whistling wind could be heard.

"I'm a what?" gasped Hazel.

"A witch, o' course," said Hagrid, sitting back down on the sofa, which groaned and sank even lower, "an' a thumpin' good'un, I'd say, once yeh've been trained up a bit. With a mum an' dad like yours, what else would yeh be? An' I reckon it's abou' time yeh read yer letter."

Hazel eyes widen even more then they could, her wish came true!

" WAIT-" Sirius laughed. " That was your wish? to read the letter?"

Hazel nodded. " The only mail I ever got, plus, Vernon really hates the letter.

Hazel stretched out his hand at last to take the yellowish envelope, addressed in emerald, green to Mrs. H. Potter-Black, The Floor, Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea. She pulled out the letter and read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

—————

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mrs. Potter-Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress

Questions exploded inside Hazel's head like fireworks, and she couldn't decide which to ask first. After a few minutes she stammered, "What does it mean, they await my owl?"

"Gallopin' Gorgons, that reminds me," said Hagrid, clapping a hand to his forehead with enough force to knock over a cart horse, and from yet another pocket inside his overcoat he pulled an owl—a real, live, rather ruffled-looking owl—a long quill, and a roll of parchment. With his tongue between his teeth he scribbled a note that Hazel could read upside down:

Dear Professor Dumbledore,

Given Hazel her letter.

Taking her to buy his things tomorrow.

Weather's horrible. Hope you're well.

Hagrid

Hagrid rolled up the note, gave it to the owl, which clamped it in its beak, went to the door, and threw the owl out into the storm. Then he came back and sat down as though this was as normal as talking on the telephone.

Hazel realized her mouth was open and closed it quickly.

"Where was I?" said Hagrid, but at that moment, Uncle Vernon, still ashen-faced but looking very angry, moved into the firelight.

"She's not going," he said.

" Yes, she is, bitch." Fred scowled.

" No one can stop the one and only hazel mother fuckin Potter-Black." George followed. They both threw a juicy orange at the screen.

McGonagall scowled at them as she removed the food from the screen.

Hagrid grunted.

"I'd like ter see a great Muggle like you stop her," he said.

"A what?" said Hazel, interested.

"A Muggle," said Hagrid, "it's what we call non-magic folk like them. An' it's your bad luck you grew up in a family o' the biggest Muggles I ever laid eyes on."

"We swore when we took her in we'd put a stop to that rubbish," said Uncle Vernon, "swore we'd stamp it out of her! Witch indeed!"

Hazel winced lightly, remembering her younger years when they took to... Beating it out of her.

" Oh, shut up you fat fuck!" Hazel screamed, sick of their lies. Hagrid looked at her proudly.

" You knew I was a witch and said nothing, NOTHING!" the windows rattle, wind started to swirl around the house.

At this, Hagrid looked at hazel with wide eyes.

"Knew!" shrieked Petunia suddenly, completely oblivious to the winds and rattling that her husband and son are shacking from. "Knew! Of course, we knew! How could you not be, my dratted sister being what she was? Oh, she got a letter just like that and disappeared off to that—that school—and came home every vacation with her pockets full of frog spawn, turning teacups into rats. I was the only one who saw her for what she was—a freak! But for my mother and father, oh no, it was Lily this and Lily that, they were proud of having a witch in the family!"

She stopped to draw a deep breath and then went ranting on. It seemed she had been wanting to say all this for years.

"Then she met that Potter at school, and they left and got married and had you, and of course I knew you'd be just the same, just as strange, just as—as—abnormal—and then, if you please, she went and got herself blown up and we got landed with you!"

Many gasped at her words. Lily's friends comforted Lily who looked at her sister with hurt.

" I knew she didn't like me but...dear Merlin." A tear slipped down her cheek.

Hazel hugged her mum as did James. " Don't cry mom, it's her fault for rejecting her sister over jealousy.

" Our daughter is right, lily flower, don't get so worked up over nosey petunia."

Hazel had gone very white. As soon as he found his voice he said, "Blown up? You told me they died in a car crash!" Her eye glowed, the fireplace crackled.

"CAR CRASH!" roared Hagrid, jumping up so angrily that the Dursleys scuttled back to their corner. "How could a car crash kill Lily an' James Potter?"

" We had to say something." Petunia bit back, like it would change anything.

" It's an outrage! A scandal! Hazel Potter not knowin' her own story when every kid in our world knows her name!"

" She will not be going." Vernon said.

" She will and you can't stop her! You migh' be big, but yeh aint bigger then meh." Hagrid mocked with barely hidden anger.

" This girl has her named down ever since she was born and you think you can just stop her from going to her world? she going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world, and she will under the finest headmaster that Hogwarts has ever seen! Albus Dumbledore"

Dumbledore perked up at his name. He winked at Hagrid who smiled brightly.

Beside them, Dudley is chomping down on hazel cake.

Hazel looked up to Hagrid with admiration. Out of all her eleven years of her life, not one person has ever stood up until know.

" Yeah, even more will in the future." Ron boosted. 

" Damn near the whole school if you think about it." Hermione said thoughtfully.

" I'll not pay to have some crackpot old fool teach him magic tricks!" Vernon barked.

" UH oh," Rabastan eyes went wide. " He did not."

Hagrid held up the point of his umbrella to Vernon's face, " Never, insult albus Dumbledore Infront of me."

He looked over to see Dudley hunched over hazel cake. In anger, he swung his umbrella to Dudley direction, and a purplish light flowed out the tip.

A pig tail grew on Dudley's bum.

Hazel giggles, seeing the tail, knowing how much it suits him. Then she looks at her cake and sees that Dudley shoved his face all over it. she deflates, her shoulders go down, and she stops giggling.

" Five humongous cakes, every year, every milestone, every holiday." James said sternly. " every holiday is Hazel Potter-Black day."

Petunia screams in terror seeing the pigtail on her little boy. Soon Vernon joins when he sees his son jumping all over, hand on the tail.

Quickly, Hagrid packs all of his stuff up. he looks at the screaming Dursleys proudly. He turns to look at Hazel, " Well, ahem, I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone at Hogwarts about that." strictly speaking, I'm not allowed to do magic."

Hazel's mood lifted a bit and nodded with a slight smile, " Okay."

Hagrid pulled out his pocket watch, " Ooh, we're a bit behind schedule. best be off."

Hazel stayed frozen in her seat as she watched hagrid walk to the door. He grunted as he ripped the door off.

" Unless you rather stay, of course."

Immediately Hazel stuffed her shoes on and trapped her jacket. She looked back as she approached the door then looked away and ran out the door to Hagrid.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 46.9K 53
Discontinued "How does it feel to be the daughter of such an influential celebrity?" "Influential? The man practically only came...
98.1K 3.4K 59
It's 1976 and the students at the Hogwarts are in the midst of dinner on Halloween when eight movies are appeared and they are joined by 9 unknown yo...
2.5M 79K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...