Roommates

By keke0814

Anglea Jennings gets kicked out of her house by her dad, and is forced to go to a boarding school where she m... More

Chapter 1: kicked out
Chapter 2: shower schedules
Chapter 3: Homecoming
Chapter 4: party too-hardy
Chapter 5: Nightmares
Chapter 6: Morning people
Chapter 8: crying doesnt help
Chapter 8: i understand
chapter 11: Reinforcments?
Chapter 12: Truthfulness

Chapter 6: Sickness

375 18 4
By keke0814

I woke up wrapped in Alecs arms and for a second I thought I was still dreaming.

My body felt hot and the was a sheen of sweat on my brow, even though I was freezing cold.

I gazed at Alecs face. His luscious curls pointed out wildly but he still made them look unreastrainably good, his chiseled features looked more handsome every passing day.

Stop it, Angela. Why in the world of all that is good and pure would you dare think such a thing? You hate him, he hates you. Get over it.

Although my internal self was aurguing my outer self just wanted to pet his curls.

I unlocked my grasp from behind his back and let my hand and fingers explore the amazing world of curly hair.

Suddenly his eyes popped open.

"What are you doing?"

I retracted my hand, "Im sorry, I had to. It was just impossible to not touch your hair. Its so soft."

He smirked, "Alright, you like the feel of my hair, and I like the smell of yours.... we're even."

As if remebering, he put his nose into my crazy cloud of hair and took a deep whiff.

"...Thats weird..." he says and takes another whiff.

"It doesnt smell like usual. Did you use a different shampoo?"

"No... but I am sweaty.(oh my god I cant believe I just said that, his image of me now is completely ruined) but I dont know why, im freezing cold."

His hand removes itself from my side and is placed onto my forehead.

His eyebrows lock down in concern as his eyes dart around my face.

"You've got a fever. I told you, I told you you were gonna get sick from going in the rain. But you know whatcha did? Go in the rain."

He rolled away with one arm trapped under me.

"Why don't you listen?"

"I do listen. I just choose not to, sometimes." I say.

"You cant go to school today. You could be contagious or like throw up or something."

I rolled over onto my stomach (the most comfortable position ever) and repositioned my head, "well I guess ill stay home today."

"Ah, finally, you listened to me."

"No, I am just to weak to argue with you right now."

"Well you shouldnt be alone while youre sick, so ill stay too." He winks.

"What? No, Alec. You missed yesterday so you have to come today. Youre not sick. Go to school, you idiot."

"So? And calling me an idiot doesnt make me want to go anymore, so yeah, watch yourself."

"What in the world are you talking about?"

He rolls back to me, about to say something. A bad decision on his part, because as soon as he did I sneezed.

I laughed as his features filled with disgust and surprise.

"Ew! ANGELA, MY MOUTH WAS OPEN!!"

I burst into laughter, unable to hold it in.

He swipes at his mouth with one hand since the other is trapped under my body.

"That's disgusting."

I was panting, "Thats freakin hilarious."
I laughed some more.

He glanced at me and a small smile played with the corner of his mouth.

He jumps off the bed, "im gonna go make you some soup." He laughs and walks out of my room shirtless, and in pajama pants with iron man all over them.

~~~

I sat on the couch, buried in three covers that Alec had forced on me, with my xbox control in hand.

Alec was next to me, trying to preform a fatality, but is failing miserably because I am a freaking video game goddess.

He grunted as he pushed random buttons to try to land an attack on my character, but I always have some counter actions up my sleeve.

I pushed the R3 and X buttons at the same time and killed his character in one final blow.

I grinned in victory, and then looked over at the sullen boy next to me.

"Sucks loosing to a girl, doesnt it?"

He didnt answer. Instead he crossed his arms and glared at the tv.

I dug my arm out of the millions of blankets on me to bat his arm.

"C'mon. Show some good sportsmanship. I won fair and square."

"I dont think cheat codes are fair and square."

"Hey, if you knew some you could've used them." I offered.

He glared at me, "Oh yes, Anglea, cause I know alot of cheat codes."

I knew it was sarcasm but I chose to ignore it.

"Then why didnt you use one of them?" I grinned.

He rolled his eyes, knowing what I was doing. He uncrossed his arms and laid them on each side of him.

"Are you bored?" I ask.

I hope not, hes the only thing keeping me sane right now.

He looks at me surprised, as if I had said I had killed a kitten.

"No, of course not. I could never be bored around you." He said.

I didnt beleive him, but ill take what I can get.

I leaned over to the coffee table and took a spoonful of the soup he had made me.

It was delicious.

I coughed as I straightened up.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, im fine. Just a little wheezy."

His eyes search around the dorm for a moment before he stands up and goes to the bathroom.

He comes back with a little jar.

"This will help with that."

"What is it?"

"Its like a chest rub." He says.

"Im not putting that on. Uh uh."

"It'll clear up your wheezing and open up your nose too."

"My nose is just fine." I say right before I sneeze.

He handed me a tissue.

"Shut up." I told him.

"If you wont put it on, I put it on you myself."

"What? You freaking pervert. Im not gonna let you touch me."

"Well you did last night." He winked.

I glared at him.

"No, I could sue you for sexual harassment if you dare touch me with that stuff."

"Angela, its vapor rub. Its not a one way ticket to Angela town."

A small smile tugged the corner of my lips.

"Im not putting that stuff on."

"Are you serious? We've freakin slept together for two nights in a row and I cant put chest rub on your chest."

He had a point. I mean he could have felt me up while I was sleeping and I would never know.

"No."

"Im gonna do it anyway."

"No."

"It doesnt matter what you say, im still gonna do it."

"ALEC, I SAID NO."

"ANGELA, I SAID YES."

I threw my hands in the air.

"Shut the crap up and pull your top down."

Well that was straight forward.

My mouth dropped open.

"Dude, I cant put vapor rub on you if your shirts on your chest."

"I already told you. Youre not gonna."

"I am and I will." He says pouncing on top of me, pulling the covers to the floor and pulling my shirt down, just barely enough to see the tip of my bra.

I screamed out and thrashed and swung in every way possible but he still held me down.

I probably looked like a dinosaur trying to get off of its back.

He opened the jar, quickly, and rubbed the stuff on.

"Get off of me!!"

He let go of my shirt and climbed back to his side of the couch.

"There, see? That wasnt so bad."

Easy for you to say, you didnt have a 170 pound guy sutting on your lap, putting vapor rub on your chest.

"Youre a freaking pervert."

"I am not. I know what to do when someone is sick. Now stop complaining and eat your soup." He ordered harshly.

So harshly that I actually listened.

An hour or two went by and I could tell the vapor rub was working. But I wasnt gonna tell him that.

My nose seemed more open and my lungs no longer sounded like a dying middle aged smokers.

I got up from my cave of blankets on the couch.

"What are you doing?" He asked, not taking his eyes from the television.

"Im gonna take a shower, is that alright with you?" I asked sarcastically.

He ignored me.

I walked to the bathroom and hopped into the shower and let the hot water fog up the room.

I noticed my shampoo was about half empty.

I smiled to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 9.2K 47
"You know you still want me." he said cockily. "As if!" I yelled at him. "I must say, I like the new look." he all but smirked. *****************...
1.8K 27 42
Hayden has made it to Chicago. She's staying with her brother in a rental house off campus with his five roommates. They're loud, obnoxious, & they'r...
24.9K 436 29
Davis is looking for something fun and exciting when she heads off for college. She is leaving her shy exterior and perfect order at the campus entry...
248K 3.7K 8
Josie Stevens moves out of the dormitory and into her first apartment to start off her second year of college. She and her roommate find themselves l...