Damaged Raven

By Irish_Wolves

By: justbored21 Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected... More

1
First Morning
Lessons, meeting Snape
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Trial
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68

19

4.7K 236 58
By Irish_Wolves

"Mr Potter" Dumbledore said as Harry sat down opposite him with Professor Flitwick, no sooner than the second after Harry had got to Hogwarts he was being dragged to the headmaster's office, Shadow had flown off and by the time Harry had gotten to the office, Shadow had come back and was dragging Flitwick by the sleeve. Harry just shrugged as they entered the office. "I must confess, I am extremely disappointed with your behavior"

"Okay" Harry nodded

"Mr Potter, this is serious. You are a Hogwarts student, your actions represent us" Dumbledore scolded, as soon as the meeting had finished he had quickly viewed it in the mind of one of the people that had left the court and he was very upset with Harry's behaviour.

"Not my fault nor is it my problem, I never wanted to come to this damn school in the first place"

"Mr Potter, why must you be so difficult?" Dumbledore looked at him with a pleading expression "Me and the school are trying our best, please just work with us."

"I could do that...nah" Harry smiled at Dumbledore "we've done this dance so many times Dumbledore, just expel me or quit complaining. As for my actions, I felt they were deserved when a room full of idiots argue over my fate without even asking me about it. Even worse when you consider that they took so long. No, I just sped things up"

"You insulted a great many people..."

"Including you" Harry grinned "let's not forget that"

"I promise you, I won't" Dumbledore's eyes lost their twinkle "Mr Potter, you do not like me. That's fine. There are a great many who don't and while I wish you weren't one of them, you are and I can't change that. With that being said, I am still worried about you. You have great potential, you could end up being a great wizard. You could also end up being a very dangerous wizard. I cannot allow another dark lord to rise up"

"Albus!" Flitwick exclaimed, shocked at Dumbledore's accusation of Harry becoming a dark lord

"Or I could just be a regular wizard" Harry countered "has it ever occurred to you that I don't want to become a hero or a villain? Have you ever thought about me just wanting to be a regular wizard? A normal person? Huh? All I want is to be left alone, but you can't do that. If I do become a dark wizard then it will likely happen because you couldn't let me stay a regular one. Now kindly piss off" Harry got up and began leaving

"Mr Potter, we are not done" Dumbledore said

"Well I am" Harry shot back as he left

"Huh" Dumbledore rubbed his face with his hands

"Albus" Flitwick said "I don't know what you're planning or why you are so interested in Mr Potter, but I think it best if it stops now"

"Filius, I just..."

"No" Flitwick raised his hand to stop Albus "I don't want to hear it, I'm sure you have your reasons but as of the moment...I don't care to hear them. Mr Potter is one of my ravens and therefore it is my job to look after him. I think it's best if you two stay away from each other before one of you starts throwing spells"

"Filius, I just..."

"No Albus, save your excuses." Flitwick got off his chair and walked out.

Dumbledore leaned back into his chair and was rather wishing he had a headache potion. Not only was Harry Potter costing him Flitwick's loyalty, but he was causing more problems than Dumbledore could fix. His attacks against the Slytherin's for example, he couldn't punish Harry for it because he needed Harry in school, Harry refused to attend detention and because non of the Slytherin's were willing to say anything, though Dumbledore understood why. They were too scared to complain, Harry had correctly pointed out that he wouldn't be expelled.

Dumbledore couldn't expel him, he needed Harry nearby for when Voldemort returned, Dumbledore knew it would happen eventually, Quirrell proved that. And even if it didn't happen during Harry's education then Dumbledore at least wanted to make sure that Harry would be prepared to fight when it did happen. He also had to make sure that Harry didn't go to the dark side. Harry, despite his claims, was very much leaning on the dark side. He was dangerous and Dumbledore couldn't allow him to turn to the dark side.

"Harry!" Delphi screamed as she saw Harry on his way to the Ravenclaw common room

"Hi Del, what's up?" Harry said just before he was tackled into a bone breaking hug

"You're my new brother now!" Delphi beamed at him after letting him go "You're officially my brother!"

"Well technically your mum's just my guardian now" Harry pointed out

"Do not ruin this for me!" Delphi warned

"If I mustn't" Harry sighed as Delphi hugged him again

The next day, a lot of attention was on Harry. By breakfast everyone had heard about what happened at court, apparently Harry's guardianship session was aired on the wireless radio and the whole thing, or at least everything from when Harry started talking, was written down on newspaper. A lot of people were impressed with Harry's words, some were in disbelief at the fact that the words were said to the people that basically rule the whole of magical Britain while some people didn't appreciate his words. Namely the children of some of the people he had insulted.

Not that Harry cared.

"What do you think?" Delphi conversed with Harry as the walked to potions class

"I disagree" Harry replied "there is no way in hell that that that would work, too much custard and not enough mayo."

"Harry" A voice called and the two stopped when they found Neville Longbottom standing in front of them

"Can I help you?" Harry asked

"You can start by telling me what the hell you were doing at the trial?" The normally shy boy looked at Harry with a determined expression

"Sitting, standing and speaking for the most part" Harry answered

"You embarrassed my gran"

"I embarrassed a lot of people, you're gran's not special"

"How could you chose someone like Bellatrix bloody Lestrange to be your guardian?!" Neville demanded "She tortured my parents into insanity"

"I'm sure your right Neville, I guess the truth serum was faulty the day she had her trial" Harry said sarcastically

"Harry, stop defending her!"

"Hey, my mum didn't do anything!" Delphi glared at him "She was friends with your mother!"

"Don't talk about my mother!"

"Then don't talk about mine!"

"You're mother's a murdering psycho!"

"And you're gran's an old buzzard that nobody wants around!"

"Take that back!"

"Girls, your both boring me with your little back and forth" Harry interrupted

"She's evil Harry" Neville turned to Harry "and you know it"

"I know that I believe her over you seeing as you're 'just a bit' biased against her" Harry responded

"My mother has been there for Harry for years, that sound like murder material to you?!" Delphi spat

"You shut it!"

"Or what?" Delphi challenged. Neville pulled his wand out at the same time as Delphi, though Delphi was faster and she was about to fire a spell point blank at Neville's face. Harry grabbed Neville's hand and twisted his wrist, causing the chubby boy to fall to his knees and drop his wand. The light on Delphi's wand fizzled out as she realised that Harry was going to take over.

"Listen up Longbottom, I don't care if you ignore me for the rest of our years at Hogwarts. But you will not try to harm my friends while I'm here" Harry let go and then pushed Neville away

"You're just like her!" Neville spat as he glared at Harry

"And I see nothing wrong with that" Harry smirked, Neville tried to go for his wand only for Delphi to banish him into a suit of armour.

"What is going on here?" Professor Sprout demanded as she walked up the three

"Neville tried to attack us" Delphi said "because of Harry having my mum become his guardian instead of Neville's gran, so Harry put him in a wrist lock. Then after Harry let him go, he tried to go for his wand so I banished him into the armour"

"Mr Longbottom, is that true?" Sprout asked Neville, Neville knew he wasn't a good enough liar to get away with it and he knew that there were two of them, so he nodded even though he glared at Harry. "Well you'll come with me to the hospital wing, we'll discuss your behaviour after Madam Pomfrey checks you over. Mr Potter, you and your friend will go to your lessons and then come back to my office after classes are over so I can get the full picture"

"Yes ma'am" Harry nodded as he and Delphi continued walking and made their way to potions class.

Once they got there they waited outside, they leaned against the wall just as Delphi began talking to Fay and Daphne and Tracy in a discussion about quidditch of all things.

"Oi Potter!" Ronald Weasley walked up to him and looked at him with a furious expression "I heard what you said! Apparently my family is not good enough for you!"

"Oh good you get it" Harry responded "I was worried you wouldn't understand."

"We're better than you'll ever be!"

"You're also piss poor and trying to add another person to your family" Harry rolled his eyes "if I was you, I would work on money management instead of bothering me"

"Stop acting like your better than me!"

"What part of me looks like I'm acting?" Harry asked with a raised eyebrow

"That's it!" Ron tried to pull his wand out, but he was interrupted by Harry hitting him in the nose with his forearm. Ron fell to the floor, holding his bleeding nose with his hands. The Slytherin's couldn't help but feel that Ron got off lightly. If anyone argued overwise, they'd like to have them chose between a broken nose that can be magically healed vs extreme pain and getting their face shoved into a fire. "Vou voke my vomf!" Ron screamed out through a broken nose and his hands

"Yes, I 'voke your vomf'" Harry nodded "try to draw a wand on me again and I'll break something else. Perhaps I'll do a Lockhart and break your balls"

"Stop fighting!" Hermione Granger walked up to the scene "Or I will tell!"

"Speaking of Lockhart" Harry grinned "so Granger, have you changed your mind about him? Or are you still in love with him?"

"I wasn't in love with him!" Hermione's face turned red

"Oh right, because you were swooning at someone behind him" Harry said sarcastically

"What's going on here?!" Slughorn said as he arrived on scene

"He voke my vosf!" Ron pointed between Harry and himself

"Can someone else tell me what happened?" Slughorn asked

"I voke his vosf" Harry shrugged

"Ron tried to draw his wand on Harry" Delphi sighed "Harry stopped him by hitting him in the nose"

"It must have been a fairly impressive hit" Slughorn noted as he knelt down and vanished the blood from Ron's face

"It wasn't bad" Harry said modestly though he had a small smile on his face

"It was pretty impressive" Daphne commented "very fast"

"Very strong" Tracy added

"Lovely technique" Fay said her piece

"Yeah...I suppose" Harry grinned

"It's also true that Ron tried to draw his wand sir, ask anyone here."

"Fine, ten points from Gryffindor and a detention with me." Slughorn said after a few other students did confirm, mostly Slytherin's. Partly due to a fear of Harry and a hatred of Ron. Can you boys take him to the infirmary?" Slughorn asked Seamus and Dean. The two nodded and took him away. "Everyone else inside, Mr Potter we will talk after class"

"If we must" Harry bit back a groan

The rest of the year went by with many people, Neville and Ron included, avoiding Harry. Not that he minded. Harry was more than satisfied with just hanging out with Delphi. Though he also noticed that he seemed to now enjoy the company of Fay, Daphne and Tracy as well. Not something he expected but he did. He supposed that there wasn't anything wrong with making friends, he was still just a little bit surprised that they wanted to be his. At first he thought that Fay only wanted to be Delphi's friend while Tracy and Daphne just wanted him for protection.

But now they all seemed to actually become friends. Fay was loyal and kind, Tracy and Daphne were smart but they also seemed to genuinely be happy around them...so apparently he was doing something right.

He also noticed that since Bellatrix became his guardian, Fleur seemed extremely happy for him, at least in her letters. Fleur was confusing for him, Harry briefly wondered why she would like writing to him so much. A few times he considered that she might like him though he quickly got rid of such thoughts. There was no way someone like him would be with someone like Fleur. She was a pretty and rich witch, while he was just a nerd with a burnt face.

With that being said, her reason was clearly a big one as she had somehow got her parents to agree to invite him plus Delphi and Bellatrix to France again. Bellatrix has asked him if he had any problems with going, and he didn't. France was nice, in many ways he liked it better than England. As for staying at the Delacours house, the father left him alone for the most part. The mother was kind enough, the youngest daughter could be a bit annoying but she was still better than most. As for Fleur, Harry rather enjoyed her company.

At the end of the year, Harry and Delphi exited the train to be greeted by Bellatrix.

"Harry, Delphi!" Bella pulled them both into crushing hugs "oh I missed you both!"

"Missed you too mum!" Delphi hugged her back with enthusiasm

"I missed you as well" Harry gave her a hug, though he was a bit more restrained with his enthusiasm

"Oh, I can't believe how big you've gotten" Bella examined them both "you both are becoming quite the lookers"

"You know for that second I thought you said hooker" Harry commented "I'm not saying no, just saying that the pay had better be worth it"

"Very funny" Bella gave him a light tap on the head

"Already abusing your children?" A voice called, the trio turned to see Neville standing behind a glaring Augusta Longbottom

"I am not abusing my children" Bellatrix gritted out

"You just slapped him" Lady Longbottom pointed out

"That was a tap and don't pretend you haven't done harder to your grandson"

"Hmm" Lady Longbottom sniffed though she didn't deny it "I don't know how exactly you convinced young Harry that you were a better option, nor do I know how you managed to trick him into believing that you are not the evil piece of filth I know you to be. But I have my eye on you, and when you slip, I'll be there and show the word what you really are. Nothing but a criminal that deserves no less than life in Azkaban with a dementors kiss at the end"

"You're in a lovely mood today" Harry noted, deciding to take charge of this conversation as Bellatrix seemed to be struggling with her emotions "they removed that stick from your ass yet?"

"Watch yourself boy" Lady Longbottom warned

"Do you have a mirror?" Harry asked innocently

"I don't why you would want one with a face like yours" She sneered

"And there it is! The face insult" Harry smiled "I love it when a person shows their true colours. As for my face, I like it, it helps me see the real people. It helps me see past the masks you all put up in public, now I've seen your real side, and I will never forget it"

"Come Neville" Lady Longbottom barked as she turned around "let's not waste time with these criminals and delinquents" She walked off with Neville following her

"At least I don't dress ridiculous you old bat" Harry called out, Lady Longbottom stopped and looked like she was about to say something, but then she kept on walking.

"Thanks Harry" Bellatrix placed a hand on his shoulder

"Anytime, so we going home then France?"

"Yeah, just like last time. Come on" Bellatrix said as she lead the two out of the train station.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 37 10
Harry Potter did not have the best life growing up with the Dursleys. However, that all changed when he when he is nearly 10 and found out his herita...
5.2K 67 34
Adopted from @potterqueen !FEMALEHARRY !DUMBLEDOREBASHING !WEASLEYBASHING/MOLLY BASHING !gooddarkside WARNINGS Abuse Depressing Dark side harry possi...
9.4K 339 17
An orphan arrives at Hogwarts. He has been bullied his entire life, is the heir to his family's legacy and a Dark Lord is out to get him. Follow Harr...