Across the Universe | D. Djar...

By legoellis

"I'll find you again. I Promise." Celeste always knew she was different, she just didn't know why. But when... More

Playlist
The mandalorian
Stormtroopers.
The child
Jawas
The mudhorn
The Sin
Ladders, farmers and Rebels
It takes a village
Defend and Protect
I'm not jealous.
The mechanic
The assassin
Betrayal
The ex crew
The prison
Revenge
Old friends
Nevarro
The Empire
As the world caves in
Unsteady
The sacrifice
The aftermath
You will not die by my hand
The imposter
The little things
More is not merrier
The Krayt Dragon
Ambush
The crash
Spiders
The New Republic
Four times
Home
Bo-Katan
A moment of rest
The Imperial Lab
Saviour
The Jedi
A change of plans
You are everything to me
Like my father before me
The tragedy
The enemy of my enemy
Brown eyes
Hope
The plan
The rescue
Goodbye's are not forever
Heartache
Memories
The lonely warrior
Just within reach
A Mandalorian and A Jedi
Ad'ika
New beginnings
A vacation
The apostate
Damn pirates
We are one
Anxious Astromech
Mandalore
The cursed planet
The monster in the deep
Another dogfight
The Raptor
Heroes
Saving Nevarro
Plazir-15
Battle droids
The unexpected culprit
A bad present
The Survivors
The Great Forge
Escapee's
Clones
Stronger together
Written in song
A visit from the past
Deja vu
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

The covert

613 37 7
By legoellis

The dusty plains of the planet below flew past as the N-1 shot towards the Mandalorian covert. It came as no surprise that Din took us here, it was probably one of the safest places for us right now with the Empire on our trail once again.

"I'm bringing you to a Mandalorian covert. This is how we have survived in exile." Din said over the comms

"I'm familiar." Bo-Katan said

"It's a secret location and you are my guest." Din explained.

"They still live by the old ways." Bo-Katan asked rhetorically

"Yes. It will go smoother if you keep your helmet on. Trust me." Din stated

"Of course." Bo-Katan scoffed

My hand gently rested against Din's thigh as the N-1 lowered down to the ground. My eyes scanned the familiar location, taking note of the large cave entrance on the side of the mountain where the Mandalorian covert resided. Nervousness suddenly ran through my veins as I recalled our last visit. The other Mandalorians who I didn't know weren't all that fond of me.

They were untrusting of me because in their eyes I was a stranger and an outcast. I know that their discomfort around me won't go away until I marry Din, but I don't know when that will be, so for now I will have to settle for the untrusting gazes that they will send me.

The glass canopy above us slid open just as Paz Vizsla walked out of the cave entrance. I pulled myself up onto my feet as I grabbed onto the side of the ship. I swung my legs over and landed softly on the sandy ground below. Bo-Katan had exited her ship with Grogu in tow. Seeing him gave me a small amount of relief, he seemed unharmed after the fight with the empire.

Din hopped down on the sand beside me and we walked across the sand to join up with Bo and Grogu. I looked down at him as I came to stand beside his pram. Grogu looked up at me and cooed happily which caused me to smile softly in response.

More Mandalorians started to exit the cave, they stood behind Paz with weapons in their hands, watching the four of us walk towards them. At least this time I wouldn't be alone with being an outcast, Bo-Katan is not going to receive a warm welcome either.

"Come no further. You are an apostate, Din Djarin." Paz Vizsla stated firmly, causing us to stop in our tracks.

"No longer. I have been to the mines of Mandalore." Din explained

"Impossible. The mines collapsed in the purge. The planet is cursed." Paz argued

"These are lies meant to keep us in exile." Din stated

"How do we know that it is not you who is lying?" Paz asked with uncertainty

"He speaks the truth. The Jedi and I were witnesses." Bo-Katan spoke up

"And who are you, nite owl?" Paz asked her.

Bo-Katan took a step forward as she answered. "I am Bo-Katan of Clan Kryze."

"Your house has fallen from the way. You are both apostates. And the word of the Jedi means nothing. She is an outsider and she is not Mandalorian." Paz stated

"We have been to the living waters. And she is not an outsider." Din stated. I glanced over at him from the corner of my eye, grateful that he had stood up for me.

Din then reached into his belt and pulled out the small flask that held water from the living waters. "I bring proof."

"We shall see." Paz said with a tilt of his head. He clearly didn't believe Din, but it was the truth. Paz then stood back slightly to allow us to pass. Din very quickly started to march forward towards the entrance of the cave. I kept close to his side as the other Mandalorians stared at me with an intense, untrusting look. Luckily their gazes were quickly pulled to Bo-Katan who walked just behind us.

We walked Into the cave that was a stark contrast to the one on Mandalore. The stone was a light orange and there was light pouring through from the gaps in the stone. The other Mandalorians followed after us as we walked over to the forge and the armorer. She had her back to us as she held something over the blue fire.

"Din Djarin claims to have bathed in the living waters." Paz stated

"Is this true?" The armorer asked without turning around

"It is. I have proof." Din said as he held the vial of water out towards her.

The armorer turned around and held her gloved hand out towards Din. Din stepped forward and placed the vial in her outstretched hand.

"I was witness. As was Celeste. He fell into the depths and I pulled him out." Bo-Katan spoke up.

Din stepped backwards so he was standing beside Grogu and I once again. My hand reached down towards his and I wrapped my hand around his. He gently squeezed my hand back in response as the armorer walked over to a large basin of water.

She unscrewed the lid and poured the water into the basin. "He speaks the truth. These are indeed the living waters. Din Djarin, you are redeemed. This is the way."

Din's hand tightened around my own in relief and happiness at her words. I smiled lightly as I squeezed his hand back. I didn't want to think about the fact that I might not get to see his face again.

"This is the way." All the Mandalorians repeated the phrase

"And Bo-Katan Kryze, by Creed, you too are redeemed." The armorer stated. I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing at the armorer's words. I'm sure Bo is going to be overjoyed by that.

"But I do not walk the way." Bo-Katan said in confusion

"Did you bathe in the waters?" The armorer asked

"I did." Bo-Katan confirmed

"And have you removed your helmet since?" The armorer asked again

"No, I have not." Bo-Katan responded. I could tell by her tone of voice that she wasn't too thrilled about this.

"Then you may join our covert and live as your ancestors once did. You may leave anytime you wish. Until then, you are one of us. Welcome, Bo-Katan of Clan Kryze. This is the way." The armorer said.

"This is the way." All the other Mandalorians echoed. They moved towards Bo-Katan and started to place their hands on her and also Din as they welcomed them Into the creed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The water softly lapped at the shore of the small beach. The calmness of the water was a stark contrast to the intense noise of the entire Mandalorian covert training. Some stood by the edge of the lake and fired their blasters at nothing, practicing their aim somehow. While others practiced their hand to hand combat, metal clanged against metal, Mandalorians grunted and yelled as they fought each other.

I had tried to meditate but the noise was a distraction, I only managed to block it out for so long before I gave up and came to sit beside Grogu at the lake. The child was playing with several crabs that had stone-like shells. He stared curiously at them before he stood up and attempted to pick one up. I watched intently as I made sure that he was safe. I definitely don't want him to try and eat one of the crabs.

I heard footsteps approaching us and I looked up to see Din crouching down beside us. I smiled up at him softly and he nodded in return, trying to show me that he was returning the gesture.

"Put down the rocks, kid. It's time that you learn with the other foundlings. Playtime's over." Din said as he reached down to pick Grogu up. I pushed myself up from the ground and stood alongside them.

"Are you sure that's safe?" I asked, cautiously eyeing the other foundlings.

"He'll be okay." Din reassured me gently before he turned back to Grogu. "I'm gonna need you to focus."

Din started to walk towards the other Mandalorians who were fighting and I followed closely beside him. Even though I know what Grogu is capable of as a force user, Mandalorian fighting is a different thing entirely.

"Next challenger." Din announced as he placed Grogu on the ground beside the two foundlings who were training. I had to fight to keep my face neutral, Din's words along with the small stature of my child was almost too funny to keep a straight face.

The two foundlings held onto each other's forearms as they fought to try and take each other down. The young boy in the blue helmet managed to tackle the other boy to the ground.

"Winner!" The judge declared as he held his hand above the boy.

The young boy with the blue helmet then looked down at Grogu, I could tell that he was uncertain about fighting the small child.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Bo-Katan asked as she came to stand beside us

"That's what I said." I said quietly, agreeing with Bo

"If he is ever to rise from foundling to apprentice, he must learn." Din stated. I shared a look with Bo-Katan at his stubbornness.

He then turned his head to the Mandalorian who was overseeing the fights. "Judge!" The man turned around and looked down at Grogu.

"He challenges." Din said

"He is too small." The judge stated

"I am his ward. Proceed." Din said.

The judge looked down at Grogu for a moment before he looked back up at Din. "What weapon?"

"Let the challenged decide." Din gestured to the young boy

"Darts." The boy said after a moment of consideration.

"Bring the training darts." The judge called over to another Mandalorian.

"Why doesn't he wear a helmet?" The boy questioned

"He is too young to speak the creed and so, too young to wear a helmet." Din explained

"Then he's too young to fight." The boy stated, I half agreed with him on that.

"One does not speak unless one knows. Is that not the creed?" Din asked him, I almost laughed at the fact that he was arguing with a child.

"Well, I know." The kid said

"Perhaps this lesson is for you, then." Din said, his confidence in Grogu was evident.

"The training darts." A Mandalorian handed a box to the judge. The judge knelt down to the floor and placed the box down on the sand. He opened it to reveal two small vambraces.

"Fighters, arm yourselves." Bo-Katan took one of the weapons from the Judge and then bent down to Grogu. She held the vambrace out and gently wrapped it around his wrist.

"Don't worry. My dad was the same way. He's just proud of you. You take it easy on him, kid." Bo-Katan said fondly to Grogu. I smiled at the interaction as Grogu turned to face his component.

"Each has three darts. You may fire the darts in any order. Each direct hit scores one point. A mark must be visible to score. One round, highest score wins." The judge explained.

Grogu turned around and looked up at Din with a worried expression on his face. Din bent down to talk to him. "Squeeze your fist to launch the darts. You'll be fine."

Din stood back up to his full height and took my hand in his. Our fingers interlaced as we waited for the fight to begin.

"He doesn't know how to fire darts?" Bo asked in a hushed tone

"He's got this. Trust me." Din replied

"Ready. Begin!" The judge yelled. As soon as the words left his mouth the boy fired at Grogu and landed a dart right on his chest, covering his clothes in green paint.

"Point!" The judge called as he pointed at the boy. Grogu whimpered as he looked down at the splat of paint on his outfit. He cooed sadly up at Din and I and it took everything in me not to scoop him up.

"Don't look at me. Look at him." Din said to Grogu

"Ready." The judge said as Grogu turned back around. "Begin!"

The boy fired immediately again, hitting the other side of Grogu's chest. He squealed and dropped his ears at the impact.

"Point!" The judge called

Din gently let go of my hand and knelt down to the ground. "Grogu, I've seen what you can do. It's okay. Show them."

I nodded in encouragement as he turned around again. He looked to be a little more confident as he faced the boy again.

"Ready." The judge called. "Begin!"

The boy fired again but this time Grogu leapt up Into the air and the shot missed him. He landed behind the boy who gasped in confusion before he jumped back over to his spot again. He raised his fist and fired three darts at the boy. Covering his body in green splotches.

"Three points. Winner!" The judge called. I let a smile take over my face as I sighed in relief.

"There you go." Din said with pride in his voice.

"Did you teach him that?" Bo asked in amusement

"Not me." Din stated, glancing over at me for a moment before he looked back at Grogu. The other Mandalorians who had stopped to watch applauded Grogu.

The boy in the blue helmet sighed in annoyance before he walked away from us. Din looked down at Grogu. "Good job, kid."

I smiled softly at Grogu before I turned my attention to Din. "I guess you were right."

"I knew he could handle himself." Din said, I could hear the pride and joy in his voice as he spoke.

Suddenly, a massive roar came from above us. I turned my head In the direction of the noise as a massive winged creature came swooping down towards us. I was starting to think that this planet might not be all that safe from dangerous wildlife.

It swooped down and quickly picked up the child who had just been fighting Grogu. The boy screamed as the winged beast started to carry it away. I watched with wide eyes and quickly reached down to pick up Grogu.

Din quickly pulled out his blaster and aimed it towards the beast, but Paz Vizsla quickly grabbed his arm and pushed it down. "No blasters, it will kill the child. Follow it to its lair."

Paz and Din, along with two other Mandalorians immediately took off and began to chase after creacher. I watched as they slowly started to shrink in the distance.

A hand grabbed onto my shoulder and I spun to face who it was. Bo-Katan gestured with her head towards her ship. "Mind giving me a hand?" She asked

I immediately nodded and followed quickly after her. As I passed by the armorer I turned to her and passed Grogo into her arms. "Look after him."

"I will." The armorer replied with a nod. I immediately turned on my heels and chased after Bo-Katan. The two of us entered her ship and took off. We headed in the same direction as the Mandalorians and the creature. I only hope that we manage to find the boy before it's too late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 220 12
━ ❝𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘡 𝘨𝘰𝘰π˜₯ 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, π˜₯π˜ͺ𝘯. 𝘸𝘦 π˜₯𝘰𝘯'𝘡 π˜₯𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘒 𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘦𝘯π˜₯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨.❞ OR ━ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘸𝘩π˜ͺ𝘀𝘩 𝘒𝘯 𝘒𝘴𝘴𝘒𝘴𝘴�...
5.2K 170 38
Aria Solo. It wasn't her real name. Not even close. But her real name had become hidden in a past she was aching to forget. A history that she would...
21.3K 713 72
When the Mandalorian took it upon himself to save the child that was once his bounty, he had no clue what his next step was. Disappearing from Nevarr...
7.3K 228 39
Book 1 of series: You know the story of Grogu and Mando. But what if the bounty included someone else? As the last Dragona, 16 year old Mara thought...