Of Ghosts and Cherry Blossoms...

By SakurasMommy

Sakura can see ghosts. She ignored it for a while. She didn't want to seem like a freak to others. She's trai... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 19

2.4K 138 29
By SakurasMommy

AFTER POINTING OUT THAT Sai was missing, Yamato quickly told them what was happening.

"Sai is travelling together with Orochimaru." Yamato said. "Together with..?" she asked, bewildered.

Yamato nodded. "What does that mean?" Sakura asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Both of you, follow me." Yamato didn't answer the question.

They arrived at the gigantic crater Naruto created. "The earth is still soft, dattebayo." Naruto spoke up. "The bridge is busted... and this place is in such an awful state. What the heck... happened..?" Naruto asked.

"Don't you remember..?" Yamato asked and Naruto tried to remember, but he couldn't.

Sakura stared down at the ink in front of her, on the ground. "Come to think of it, why was I unconscious?" He asked Sakura.

"You were unconscious because you got creamed by Orochimaru." Sakura replied.

"Are you serious.?! Damn!" Naruto groaned.

Sakura walked over to Sai's notebook. "Sai's things are scattered all over the place." She murmured, looking at the drawing of a boy on his book.

"But why is this here..?"

She got flashbacks from when Sai didn't let her look at it.

"Sai valued this picture book. But despite that, here it is in a place like this." Sakura continued.

"If he had to leave something so valuable behind, it demonstrates that he was in a tense state in front of Orochimaru."

Sakura snapped her head to Yamato, narrowing her eyes. He saw this and swallowed thickly, remembering the look she gave him earlier.

"You seem to know that as if you witnessed it yourself." Sakura said, furrowing her eyebrows.

"..I placed my wood clone here, and was in communication with it using the wireless radio implanted here."

"..What happened to Sai?" Sakura asked, coldly. "After Sai's... conversation with Orochimaru. He went away with Orochimaru and Kabuto."

"What does that mean?!" Naruto asked, shocked.

"What did they talk about?" Sakura demanded. "They were talking a distance away. So I couldn't make out the conversation." Yamato replied.

Why is he lying..?

Sakura narrowed her eyes. "I wonder what they were talking about?" Naruto hummed.

"He might have been kidnapped and taken away." Sakura said. "No. It seems he approached Orochimaru of his own volition... and handed him something.. like a letter.. it was just like he was trying to cozy up to Orochimaru."

"W-wait a minute! Even a disgusting guy like him wouldn't betray us, would he?" Naruto asked, shocked.

Sakura looked down. "No.. there's a possibility."

~~~~~~

"A long time ago, he competed with the late Sarutobi-Sensei... over the position of the Third Hokage. Unlike the Third Hokage, he's the leader of a hard-line military faction... based on rigid logic... and is Sai's superior. He hates me because... I'm the granddaughter of the first Hokage as well as a student of the Third Hokage, who was moderate."

~~~~~~

"Dan..zo." Arata whispered and Sakura frowned. "Who's Danzo?" She asked and Arata frowned. "Council.. member. Bad man.." He weakly replied and Sakura clenched her fists. "He took civilian kids.. clan kids.. and forged them.. into.. mindless soldiers.." Arata coughed and Sakura widened her eyes.

~~~~~~

..Sai is a subordinate of Danzo. Sai is practically emotionless, and doesn't understand any basic human emotion logic. He masks everything with a fake smile, and seems like he follows his missions without question.

Danzo has a hard-line military faction based on rigid logic. Danzo could be spying on our team. It would either be me due to being Tsunade's apprentice, but I can rule that out. I'm a civilian, I've kept my cover for a long time. Or, the most likely option, Naruto — since he's the nine tailed Jinchuriki.

Arata was nearly forged into one of Danzo's soldiers, but he managed to escape. He stole clan children and civilian orphans and forged them into mindless, emotionless soldiers.

Danzo's ideals is what he views as the best for the village. But it doesn't seem that way. Danzo might be after Naruto next. Or he has a different goal in mind.

If he ever goes near Naruto, I'll kill him. I don't care if I'm labelled a traitor.

I promised a special man I would kill Danzo, and I'll crawl through hell and back if I have to get it done.

Sai handed Orochimaru a letter. Maybe he was a middleman between Orochimaru and Danzo..?

Sakura looked up at Yamato. "Captain Yamato. Do you know a person named Danzo..?" She asked. "Yes, I know him." Yamato replied. "Who is.. that guy?" Naruto asked.

"A man from the Hawk Factiom who is the past opposed the Third Hokage." Yamato said.

"He's Sai's boss.. and an old gramps who doesn't think we'll of the Third Hokage's will." Sakura continued.

"Danzo may be using Sai to make some kind of move.. it's possible that.. Sai may have been given a mission by Danzo that is separate from ours.. There is a possibility that he was charged.. with some kind of top-secret mission.." Yamato muttered.

"So.. he's just using our mission in order to make contact with Orochimaru?!" Naruto asked.

"That's the gist of it." Sakura confirmed.

"This may sound like an over-the-top theory... but it is not outside the realm of possibility... so listen carefully. Danzo... may be trying to destroy Konoha..!" Yamato said, shocking them.

"Hey, what do you mean by 'destroying Konoha'?" Naruto asked.

He means he's going to do some remodelling, duh. Sakura mentally rolled her eyes.

"I mean todays Konoha!" Yamato continued.

"That means, Lady Tsunade will...!" Sakura realised, making Yamato nod. "You're right."

I'll be damned in Danzo even tries laying a hand on Tsunade. I'm not losing another loved one, not again.

"Your story doesn't add up, I know Sai's boss used to appose Old Man Third Hokage, but why do they have to destroy Konoha... or do something to Grandma Tsunade?" Naruto questioned, confused.

"Did you forget, Naruto? Lady Tsunade used to be a favourite pupil of the Third." Sakura replied, making Naruto realise.

"Besides that, the current regime of Konoha was initiated by the Fifth Hokage, Lady Tsunade.  And it obviously complied with the wishes of the Third. Undoubtedly, Danzo is not happy about this but most of the people in the village support the current regime. So the regime can't be changed easily." Yamato expla8ned.

"The only way to change the regime is... to cause an earth-shaking event in the village. An event like the 'The Destruction of Konohagakure' that Orochimaru set up." Naruto gasps slightly.

"The Destruction of Konohagakure..." Naruto muttered, gritting his teeth.

"Danzo may be thinking about conspiring with Orochimaru and making him attack Konohagakure one more time, in order to force Lady a Tsunade from the position of the Hokage." Yamato stared at the sky for a moment.

"So, you're saying they want to destroy Konoha — just because of that?!" Naruto was cut off quickly.

"—It's not only because of that! He wants to build his ideal village after destroying the regime.. and return to centre stage as Hokage!" Sakura explained.

Naruto trembled in anger, gritting his teeth.

Yamato looked at Sakura. "The reason why Danzo went into action at this late date is.."

"..because he sees it's been three years since the last attack, so there has been enough time for Orochimaru to fully regain his forces." Sakura finished for him.

"I think that's also part of it. Or he may have thought Orochimaru is more cautious now because of the failure of the last attack. If he acts now, he thinks the negotiations with Orochimaru will get under way easily."

"That means he's going to propose cooperation from the village, right?" Sakura asked.

"Yes." Yamato replied, his eyes hardening.

"Wait a minute... you mean Sai's secret mission is.." Naruto didn't finish, his pupils shaking slightly.

"Is... probably to earn Orochimaru's trust and serve as a liaison between Danzo and Orochimaru. He thought the offs of him running into Orochimaru would be high if he was in our group." Sakura replied, walking forward slightly.

"If that's the case, then we might have to get rid of Sai." Yamato said.

On the outside, Sakura looked unphased. She's killed before, it's not new to her. But on the inside, she's wondering if she could save Sai from Danzo.

"Right now, my clone is following them, but we don't know what could happen. We're gonna get on their trail right away." Yamato said.

"But.." Sakura tried, but Naruto cut her off. "Okay!"

"Let's go..!" He said, but his vision blurred and he swayed, falling to the ground. Sakura widened her eyes as he started to fall and appeared under him, holding him up.

"Naruto!"

"Naruto! Are you all right!?" Sakura asked, clutching him tightly. He started to pant, breathing heavily. She placed a Hiraishin seal on his back, underneath his backpack.

He hasn't fully recovered yet from the damage he suffered earlier..

"Captain Yamato.." Sakura wanted them to stay for a little longer so she could heal Naruto.

"Sakura, we better get going.." Yamato spoke. "I know we should catch up right now.. But.." She trailed off, looking at Naruto who was in pain. "But.. with Naruto's condition being like this.."

"To that case.. we will leave him." Yamato replied.

Sakura widened her eyes. Leave him? How could he say such a thing..!?

LeT mE oUt! Rage coursed through her body. She grit her teeth.

"He should have enough strength to get back to the village on his own." He continued.

Without noticing, her right eye started to change. The Sclera turned black and her iris turned white. Her pupil turned white too. She felt more chakra radiating from her body as she snapped her head around, almost giving herself a whiplash.

"Kakashi-SENSEI WOULD NEVER TALK THAT WAY...!" Sakura shouted, fury coating her features as her voice joined another, which was deeper.

She got ready to attack base Yamato took a step back, frightened by her new eye and chakra presence. He watched as it faded away as Naruto grabbed her wrist. She looked down at his softly as Naruto called her name. "Sakura-chan.. I'll.. be.. all right." Naruto grit out. "I can make it.." He managed a smile, furrowing his eyebrows as he sweats.

Suddenly, he grit his teeth, body jolting. "Naruto!" She said, worried. Naruto sat up and Sakura stared at his back. "Sakura.. I know what you're trying to say. On top of that, I've teamed up with Kakashi in the ANBU Black Ops Unit before.. I see just the kind of per—" Yamato was cut off.

"Shut up." She spat, before turning to Naruto, glancing back at Yamato.

"If we give up now.. it'll end in failure. If we don't catch Orochimaru now.. There is no second chance with Orochimaru." Yamato continued.

"Sakura-chan.." Naruto said as he looked back at her. She made eyecontact with him and he gave her a small smile. She clenched her fists. "Yeah.."

"It's time to get going. Naruto.. what are you going to do?" Yamato asked. Naruto trembled as he stood up. He let out a small chuckle.

"Of course." He started, stumbling backwards and Sakura got ready to catch him, but he caught himself. He turned around and grinned at them.

"I'm going!' Naruto finished, before swaying again and hunching over. "Naruto!" Sakura said, worried. "I'm okay.." He grit out. "If I went back to the village now.. I wouldn't know why I came this far."

"Naruto..."

He chuckled as he stood up straight. Sakura stood up and gave him a smile. "Fine, but.. if you slow us down.. we have to leave you behind, do you understand?" Yamato asked Naruto. "Okay!" He said, not caring as he fist pumped the air.

"Then, let's go!" Yamato said, jumping away. Naruto and Sakura follow after him. Heading through the forest.

Sakura looked back at Naruto as they jumped through the trees. He stumbled but caught himself. 

Sakura flipped through the trees, going to catch up. She forgot her arm was injured as she grabbed a branch, ready to boost herself and flip.

A huge spike of pain hit her, making her let go. She tried to catch Naruto's hand as she fell but they missed by a hair.

Just before she was going to hit the ground, Yamato quickly caught her. "Sakura-chan!" She heard Naruto's muffled voice as she grit her teeth. The pain was starting to spread through her arm. It felt like someone was burning her insides. She breathed heavily.

She was placed against a tree, sitting against it as Naruto kneeled in front of her, concerned. "Sakura-chan.."

She grit her teeth as her arm spiked in pain, clutching it. "Are you all right, Sakura-chan?!" Naruto asked, concerned. He saw the wound. "That wound is.."

Sakura felt a foreign chakra in her system. It's the thing which is causing her pain.

Oh, how peculiar.. the pink haired brat has another spirit in her mind. Sakura heard in her mind. It was gruff, deep.

Get out.. GET OUT! WHO ARE YOU?! Inner replied.

A dark chuckle echoed through her head. She ignored it, looking at her wound.

"This..?" She muttered. "This.. was done by Orochimaru." She said, giving him a smile. "Well, it hurts only a little, so.. I'm okay!" She grinned.

"Don't push yourself too hard, Sakura.." Naruto said, worried, "I got it.." She gave him a smile.

"Let's take a little break." Yamato said. "Sakura is our teams only medical ninja. In other words, she is a key cog in the success of our mission." He said, making her frown.

"I'm all right. If we don't leave now..!" She cut herself, gritting her teeth as she tried to stand. "They say haste is from the devil.." Yamato smiled. "I'm mean, there is a difference between hurrying and recklessness."Yamato smiled.

"I agree. Captain Yamato is right! You are the only medical ninja in our group, with monstrous strength." She grew an irk mark at the end part. "So.. you're the precious cog."

She suddenly pointed at Naruto who leant back in fear. "I told you that you don't need to add 'monstrous strength'!" She shouted, annoyed, kicking her legs trying to hit him.

"What, what?!" Naruto said, confused. "Shut up!" She shouted back.

"Sakura-chan! I'm just complimenting your..!" He cut himself off as Sakura tried to kick his face. "O-okay, Okay..! I apologise!" Naruto stammered, sweating.

"Naruto.. since Sai's out, you'll be my partner for the battle. Let's decide on our collaboration patterns while we have time." Yamato spoke. "Can you come over here for a bit?" He continued.

"Got it, dattebayo." He said, standing up and walking over. Sakura watched them go. Yamato was up to something.

You're quite an angry inner spirit. The gruff voice was tuned back in as Inner was shouting angrily.

She grit her teeth as she felt the weird chakra spreading through her body at a rapid rate.

What is this.. who are you?! What's happening to me?! She tried healing her wound with Medical Ninjtusu. It spiked more in pain but she grit her teeth, continuing.

That's useless.. only I can heal that.

Then heal it, dumbass! We're in pain!

Haha! Come to your mindscape, pinky.

Sakura frowned but closed her eyes, letting her body continue healing herself as she goes into her mindscape.

She hadn't been in her mindscape before.

It was.. weird. It was a mix between a forest, a battle ground and the night sky. Cherry blossoms flew past her as she stood up.

Follow my voice..

The voice said and Sakura slowly followed, ready to get this weird chakra out of her system.

She followed it until she found Inner who was staring angrily behind a pair of giant cell bars.

"What.. is this..?" She muttered.

A giant fox head, red slitted eyes staring back at her. The head was made of bubbling, red chakra. The same chakra that consumed Naruto. "You're.. the Kyuubi." She realised, narrowing her eyes.

Yes.. The Kyuubi replied.

"Why are you in my body? Your chakra?" Sakura asked.

It seems when I hit you, some of my chakra leaked into your wound, and is slowly gathering more chakra everytime you are around Naruto. You aren't stealing it, you're creating more.. in result.. you are becoming a Jinchuriki..

"W-what?! I don't want to become a Jinchuriki.! It feels wrong that I've already got a Sharingan! A Mangekyo no less! It feels like I'm stealing my teammates abilities! How can you leave?!"

I cannot leave. Lucky for you, I'm stuck with you until you die. If you want me to leave.. you have to set me free, which would result in your death. The Kyuubi grinned as Sakura clenched her fists.

"Why...? Dammit! The amount of power that I have.. I don't want it! I know I said I wanted to be strong, but it feels like I've stolen it."

Arata forced you to take the Sharingan.. and the Kyuubi brought this upon you.. you aren't to blame.! Inner whispered in her ear.

Sakura grit her teeth.

Normally, this doesn't happen. It's a new occurrence for me too. It's quite interesting. You're practically the toolbox to creating another Nine tails.

You're the creator of another Bijuu.. you will go down in history for this.

"I-I won't tell anyone! This.. it just feels wrong! I can't accept it! I'm not anything special, I've just been through shit which has made me stronger!"

That's what people tell you. You have no limitations to chakra. You can do anything but people assume it's impossible and never try. But looking through your memories, you're starting to take chakra theory to another level. You have potential, but no one sees that.

As much as I'd like to kill you, this situation is too unique and interesting. Much more interesting than the Naruto brat.

"..Why me?"

I don't know.

"How can I get you to leave without killing me?"

You can't! I'll make a deal with you.

"What?"

I'll heal your wound, if you let me stay in your mindscape, look through your memories and communicate with you.

It may not seem like it, but I have experience. I can guide you, I can make you stronger, better! And we can take down that stupid Madara!

"Madara..?"

That's something I'll tell you in a different time, that's if you agree to my deal.

It sounds pretty interesting.

"...You will heal my wound, nullify the pain, just so you can talk to me and watch my experiences and present time?"

Precisely.

"Fine. But I'm still not happy about this."

You'll have to accept it sooner or later. Your inner spirit's chakra latched onto mine, causing all of this in the first place.

"Dammit, inner.."

Not my problem, byeeeee.

Inner disappeared far into the mindscape.

"What's your name?"

When you learn to accept me. I'll tell you my name..

She was kicked out of the mindcape.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Paralyzed By Jenn

Paranormal

2.5K 51 3
How can you fight back, when you can't see or touch your attacker? Sakura x Sasuke Horror, Paranormal, Thriller
204K 5.7K 50
Instead of Naruto, Rin Uzumaki is the daughter of the 4th Hokage Minato. The nine tails is sealed away deep inside of her. How will she cope like thi...
27.2K 1.5K 9
(This is the sequel to my story, Six Years Too Long. You'll need to read that first to understand this one!) Six years after Minato Namikaze rose fro...
16.3K 188 12
What if Naruto had a sister? What if Minato died sealing the two parts of the nine-tails inside the two twins? What if Sasuke didn't get obsessed wit...