A Phoenix Rises From Ashes (A...

By RogersBarnes3000

Y/N "Phoenix" Nash is a firefighter at the 118 in LA. She's got a lot of hardship and trauma behind her, fri... More

Added Characters
About Y/N
Author Note
History Makes Us Who We Are
A Friend And A Rebar
Valentine's Day
The Nash Trauma
S2: E1 Under Pressure
S2: E2 7.1
S2: E3 Help Is Not Coming
S2: E4 Stuck
S2: E5 Awful People
S2: E6 Dosed
S2: E7 Haunted
S2: E8 Buck, Actually
S2: E10 Merry Ex-Mas
S2: E13 Fight or Flight
S2: E14 Broken
S2: E15 Oceans 911
S2: E16 Bobby Begins Again
S2: E17 Careful What You Wish For
S2: E18 This Life We Choose
S3: E1 Kids Today
S3: E2 Sink or Swim
S3: E3 The Searchers
S3: E4 Triggers
S3: E5 Rage
S3: E6 Monsters
S3: E8 Malfunction
S3: E9 Fallout
S3: E10 Christmas Spirit
S3: E12 Fools
S3: E13 Pinned
S3: E14 The Taking of Dispatch 9-1-1
S3: E15 Eddie Begins
S3: E16 The One That Got Away
S3: E17 Powerless
S3: E18 What's Next?
IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT 2.0
IMPORTANT 3.0
IMPORTANT 4.0
IMPORTANT 5.0
S4: E1 The New Abnormal
S4: E2 Alone Together
S4: E3 Future Tense
S4: E4 9-1-1, What's Your Grievance?
S4: E5 Buck Begins
S4: E6 Jinx
S4: E7 There Goes The Neighbourhood
S4: E8 Breaking Point
S4: E9 Blindsided
S4: E10 Parenthood
S4: E11 First Responders
S4: E12 Treasure Hunt
S4: E13 Suspicion
S4: E14 Survivors
S5: E1 Panic
S5: E2 Desperate Times Part 1
S5: E2 Desperate Times Part 2
S5: E3 Desperate Measures
S5: E4 Home and Away
S5: E5 Peer Pressure
S5: E6 Brawl In Cell Block 9-1-1
S5: E7 Ghost Stories
S5: E8 Defend In Place
S5: E9 Past Is Prologue
S5: E10 Wrapped In Red
S5: E11 Outside Looking In
S5: E12 Boston
S5: E13 Fear-o-Phobia
S5: E14 Dumb Luck
S5: E15 FOMO
S5: E16 May Day
S5: E17 Hero Complex
S5: E18 Starting Over
S6: E1 Let The Games Begin
S6: E2 Crash & Learn
S6: E3 The Devil You Know
S6: E4 Animal Instincts
S6: E5 Home Invasion
S6: E6 Tomorrow
S6: E7 Cursed
S6: E8 What's Your Fantasy?
S6: E9 Red Flag
S6: E10 In A Flash
S6: E11 In Another Life
S6: E12 Recovery
S6: E13 Mixed Feelings
S6: E14 Performance Anxiety
S6: E15 Death and Taxes
PLEASE READ
S6: E16 Lost And Found
S6: E17 Love Is In The Air
S6: E18 Pay It Forward
S7 IS COMING!!!!!!!!!

S3: E11 Seize The Day

2.3K 54 2
By RogersBarnes3000

27 Weeks Pregnant

"It looks like his parachute is snagged on something. He's caught underneath the airplane." Bobby looked at the plane in the distance.

"He hasn't said anything on the radio. Might not be conscious." Eddie held Y/N's hand.

"Let's hope not, for his sake. This is a memory he's not gonna want to savour. We gotta assume concussion, possible spinal injury." Chimney glanced at Hen.

"And he's getting buffeted by turbulence under the plane. We're gonna need to treat him for exposure." Hen watched Chimney.

"Yeah, we haven't talked about how we're getting him down." Buck looked at them.

"Simple. Get them to fly low about the moving truck and we'll catch him." Y/N shrugged.

"You're not catching anyone." Eddie turned to her.

"How's the leg?" Bobby looked at Buck.

"Uh, screws out. Felling great." Buck watched Bobby confused.

"All right. Dispatch, this is Captain 118. Can you get me in the pilots ear?" Bobby spoke into his radio watching Y/N.

"In the truck." Bobby looked at them all and they did as he said.

"Wild one, this is Captain Nash, LAFD. Do you copy?" Bobby glanced at Y/N.

"Yes, sir, I do. Hope you guys figured out how to land this without killing my friend." The pilot responded to Bobby.

"What kind of headwind reading you getting today?" Bobby turned back to the front.

"Around 10 knots." The pilot checked his instruments.

"I need you to turn into that wind and make an approach." Bobby glanced at the plane.

"I'm sorry, you want me to land? With Stefan still under the plane?" The pilot frowned.

"I just need you to get low enough so that we can free him." Bobby gave Y/N a nod.

"Wait, where are you guys gonna be?" The pilot glanced around for them.

"Right below you." Bobby smiled.

"All right, Cap, we got him. Coming in hot behind us." Buck radioed from the roof.

"Okay, hang tight and keep your hands ready. Wild one, we're in position." Bobby nodded along.

"Too high, Cap! Tell him to drop it!" Eddie looked at the plane from the roof.

"Keep dropping. Lower." Bobby watched Y/N as she held on.

"Damn it, Cap! We missed him! Too high and too fast!" Buck shouted to them.

"Can you drop your speed any lower?" Bobby frowned.

"Any slower and we're gonna stall." The pilot shook his head.

"What about your flap?" Bobby looked at Y/N as she shrugged.

"I do that, there's no going back. I'm gonna have to put her down." The pilot turned around.

"Got it. Last shot. Buck, Eddie, we've got one more shot at this. Okay, wild one, put her down." Bobby and Y/N shared a worried look.

"All right, Cap. We see him, coming in hot from the back!" Buck got ready.

"That's it, that's it. Another 150 feet." Bobby watched the plane as they waited.

"We got him!" Eddie sighed relieved.

"Uh, are you boys single?" Cynthia looked at them as her daughter walked away.

Eddie glanced over at Y/N who smiled at him amused.

* The Grant Residence*

"So what's going on? Every time you guys sit us down like this it seems to be bad news." May glanced around the table.

"Is the baby okay?" Harry glanced at Y/N.

"The baby's fine." Y/N smiled at him.

"No, it's not. We just wanted to give you guys an update on what's happening with your Dad." Athena reassured May.

"Right, um, I saw my doctor, and the good news is, the tumour didn't grow, okay? But the bad news is, it..it didn't shrink, either." Michael looked at them.

"So what now?" May frowned at him.

"So your Dad is gonna have surgery." Athena turned to the kids.

"Brain surgery?" Harry looked at Michael.

"But I thought you didn't wanna do surgery. That's why you did the radiation." May watched Michael confused.

"Surgery can be complicated. That's why they wanted to try the treatments first, and now they just wanna try something else. That's all." Bobby took over as Michael glanced around unsure of what to say.

"So they just take it out and then you're cured, right?" Harry looked back at Michael.

"Well, hopefully yes. You know, they'll take out as much as possible and then maybe do more radiation after that." Michael frowned.

"Wait, they're gonna cut open your brain and they might not even get all of it?" May frowned deeper.

"Yeah, May, no. This is the best option right now." Michael nodded.

"That's what they said about the radiation." May retorted at Michael.

"Look, look. Your Dad has a great team of doctors, and we're gonna trust them, and we are gonna stay positive." Athena smiled.

"Yes, yes. Your..Your mother is right. Okay, we're gonna carry on business as usual. We are not gonna let this stop us from doing the things that we know we need to do, okay? Like studying for your Math test." Michael smiled at the kids.

"We still got that deal right?" Harry grinned at Michael and they shook hands.

Y/N watched May, knowing she was more observant and aware of this kind of stuff than Harry.

* The Next Day On Call *

"Ma'am let us get in there." Chimney ran over.

"The fish just jumped down his throat." Cheryl watched Chimney.

"Does the fish have a hook in its mouth?" Bobby looked at Cheryl.

"No, no, no. I got that out." Cheryl looked at Bobby as Y/N worked on crowd control.

Y/N grimaced as she looked over to see Hen pull out the fish.

"This is why I don't like seafood." Y/N shivered in disgust.

* Back At The Firehouse *

"Hey, Chim, you mind if I take some of this birthday cake for Harry and May?" Bobby looked at Chimney.

"Sure, knock yourself out." Chimney had no happiness in his voice which Y/N found weird.

"Thank you." Bobby went back to the cake.

"Hey, can we talk?" Eddie looked at Y/N and she nodded.

"What's up?" Y/N looked at him.

"I know you're at my place almost always, but I think we should make it official. You move in completely." Eddie watched her.

"Considering the fact it's just a formality at this point. I say, we do it." Y/N nodded with a smile.

"Great. I'm sure Buck can help move things." Eddie kissed her on the cheek.

"Uh, what is this?" Eddie frowned as Hen handed him a piece of paper.

"Talking points regarding Henrietta and Karen?" Bobby frowned confused.

"Social services is vetting Karen and me to become foster parents. We listed each and every one of you as references, so when they call, I need you all to sing our praises." Hen looked around.

"You mean these specific 26 praises?" Eddie looked at Hen confused.

"Karen made the list. She's very thorough." Hen chuckled.

"And uh, why doesn't Fi have one?" Buck looked at Y/N.

"Because she doesn't need one. Fi is a master at this kind of stuff, you on the other hand can be chaotic and weird." Hen looked at them all making Y/N chuckle.

"Hen, we know you. We don't need some piece of paper to remind us of your many wonderful qualities." Bobby looked at Hen.

"I appreciate that, Cap, but I'd rather you didn't improvise. The stakes are very high." Hen smiled at Bobby.

"I didn't know you played a musical instrument." Buck frowned at Hen.

"Bassoon. First chair. And I was damn good. Memorise people." Hen nodded along.

"What's a bassoon?" Buck looked between Bobby and Y/N confused.

"Hey, Buck, do you think you can help move some of Fi's stuff to my place later?" Eddie looked at Buck.

"Yeah, of course." Buck gave a nod.

"I'll help too." Chimney raised his hand eagerly.

"Maybe Albert can help." Buck looked at Chimney who gave him a look.

* On Call *

"I don't..I don't..I don't know what came over me. I.. look, he said he was gonna take my house and I just lost it." A man walked them over.

"Sir, can you hear me?" Chimney looked at Harrison who nodded slightly.

"Can you tell me your name?" Chimney went to his side.

"Harrison." Harrison glanced at him.

"Pulse is strong. It's rapid." Chimney looked at Hen and Bobby.

"Starting a line. Running it wide open." Hen nodded to Chimney.

"Collar and the O2." Eddie looked at the two.

"This is Captain Bobby Nash. I need an LAPD unit sent to Saddle Peak Drive. Chim can you see if he's impaled under there?" Bobby glanced at the man who'd caused it.

"Can't tell yet, Cap." Chimney looked up.

"Okay, we need to get this thing off him." Bobby watched them.

"I've got this, Cap." Hen got into the machine.

"Hen and machines." Y/N chuckled.

"Fi, go wait for the LAPD unit." Bobby nodded to her.

Y/N looked down the street, keeping an eye out for the police. She turned as they got Harrison into the back of an ambulance, he didn't look good.

"Cap." Y/N watched as the police pulled up.

"That's your man right there." Bobby pointed to the man.

* Back At The Firehouse *

"Okay, guys. Grossest cases to talk about while we eat. We go first." Chimney clapped his hands.

"That's not a good idea, Fi will end up sick." Bobby looked at Chimney.

"Albert." Chimney noticed him.

"Hey, bro." Albert smiled at Chimney.

"Chim, your..your kid brother is a pistol." Buck laughed uncontrollably.

"Half brother. What are you doing here?" Chimney frowned confused.

"I wanted to see you. See where you work. Your Captain said you're on the way back from the hospital. I, uh, heard you saved a man's life." Albert smiled shyly.

"Yeah, we don't really talk about that stuff here. Especially while Fi is pregnant. You can't really show up without calling." Chimney watched Albert.

"Ah, come on. He's no trouble. He even had time to give Cap a tutorial on how to make Korean dumplings. I'm, Mandela?" Buck smiled at Chimney.

"Mandu. I grew up watching my mother make them every other day. Best thing is you can freeze em in bulk, pop em in a pan and boom, lunch." Albert smiled at them.

"I'm gonna keep that in mind." Bobby smiled at Albert.

"Even better, I snack on them at ball games." Albert nodded.

"Wait, you like baseball?" Eddie turned to Albert.

"Very much." Albert looked at Eddie as Y/N got up and headed downstairs as her phone rang.

"Hey." Y/N answered the phone as Eddie followed after her.

"Who was that?" Eddie frowned confused.

"The hospital. Just confirming the appointment for the sonogram." Y/N shrugged at him.

"It's not long until you're going on break. I'm gonna miss seeing you all day, every day." Eddie stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"I'm gonna miss seeing you, and doing something besides sitting around." Y/N smiled.

* Later That Night At The Hospital *

"Just remember don't look." Karen smiled at Y/N as the doctor started the ultrasound.

"I know, I know." Y/N smiled at Karen.

"Oh, wow. I've never actually seen one of these before." Karen smiled at the ultrasound.

"Don't tempt me to look." Y/N gave her a look.

"Sorry." Karen gave a sheepish smile.

"Baby looks healthy, just like Mum." The doctor gave Y/N a reassuring smile.

"Good." Y/N nodded.

"So, while you get ready. I'll let you know the gender outside." The doctor looked between Y/N and Karen.

Y/N watched as they left, she really wanted to know, but she'd agreed to wait until the baby shower. She'd agreed with Eddie, they'd find out together and promised Christopher they wouldn't know before him.

* At Hen's/Karen's Place *

"Hey, honey, I'm.." Hen was stopped by Karen giving them a look to be quiet.

"What?" Eddie frowned at her, he'd come to pick Y/N and Christopher up.

Y/N and Christopher had both fallen asleep on the couch, Karen had put a blanket over them.

"Fi, fell asleep first. Christopher, not long after." Karen looked at Eddie.

"I should get them both home." Eddie smiled at the sight softly.

"Hey, Fi." Eddie crouched by the couch quietly.

"I fell asleep?" Y/N slowly woke up, looking at Eddie.

"Yeah, that's okay. We'll go home and you can get some more sleep." Eddie smiled at her as he picked the sleeping Christopher up.

* The Next Morning *

"Hi, sleepyhead." Christopher smiled as Y/N walked into the kitchen.

"Hey." Y/N smiled at Christopher.

"The others are going to come over soon, is that okay?" Eddie watched her.

"Yeah. Considering, I no longer have work, I'm going to take everything I can get." Y/N nodded.

* A couple hours later *

"You ever think it's weird we spend 50 something hours a week together and we still hang out?" Chimney looked at Eddie who had his arms wrapped around Y/N.

"No. What's that saying? You got the family you're born into and the one you choose? Well, that's what the 118 is. The family we choose." Eddie smiled at Chimney.

"Technically, it's both for me. My Dad is the captain." Y/N looked up at Eddie and he placed a kiss on her lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 552 14
After escaping a bad relationship, Amelia Buckley was left with an overwhelming amount of emotions. She was scared, relieved, and alone all at once...
6.4K 210 8
the 118 and the 217 have been rival stations since forever. always trying to one up one another. but what happens when a member of the 118 and a memb...
196K 2.8K 14
"NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN HER, AND NOT EVERYONE SUPPORTS HER, BUT HER GOD GOES WITH HER AND THATS WHAT SUSTAINS HER." 9-1-1 season 1 OC x Evan 'Buck'...
51.2K 1.8K 28
In which, Josephine attempts to overcome the losses amid saving lives in the city. [911 SEASON 3-4]