RWBY: Rise of the King (Volum...

By Thornfinna876

In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls are training to become Huntresses, which are human... More

The God Trailer
Bio
Chapter 1: Ruby Rose
Chapter 2: Arrival at Beacon and The Alpha Predator
Chapter 3: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 4: The Badge and the Burden
Chapter 5: A Cruel Past
Chapter 6: Forever Fall
Chapter 7: The Stray
Volume 2 Outfits
V2 Chapter 1: Best Day Ever
V2 Chapter 2 The Investigation
V2 Chapter 3: Extracurricular
V2 Chapter 4: The Dance

Chapter 8: Black and White

186 3 0
By Thornfinna876

No One's Pov 

After Kanji ran off to find Blake, the rest of Team RWBY were still searching for Blake 

Ruby was shouting. "Blaaaake!"

Yang also was shouting out. "Blaaaake!"

Ruby  continued to scream. "Blaaaaaaaake! Where aaaare yoooouuuu!?"

"Blake!" Yang shouted.

Ruby then turns to Weiss. "Weiiiiss, you're not helping!" 

"Oh! You know what might be able to help? The police!" Wiess suggested.

Ruby was crossing her arms in irritation. "Ugh, Weiss..."

"It was just an idea!" Weiss retorted.

Ruby was walking down the sidewalk. "Yeah, a bad one."

Yang was following behind Ruby. "Weiss, I think we should hear her side of the story before we jump to any conclusions."

Weiss was following behind Yang. "I think that when we hear it, you'll all realize I was right!"

Penny was following behind Weiss. "And I think Weiss' hair looks wonderful today!"

Ruby then turns around suddenly with her team in surprise. "Aaaah! Penny! Where did you come from!?"

Penny cheerfully ignores the question. "Hey guys! What are you up to?"

"Uhh..." Ruby started to say, but Yang answered for her

"We're looking for our friend Blake and Kanji just storms off to find her by himself." Yang answered.

"Ooooh, you mean the Faunus girl and the one bound to Godzilla," Penny replied 

Ruby, Weiss, and Yang stare at Penny.

"Wait, how did you know that?" Ruby asked.

"Uhh, the cat ears?" Penny answered as she pointed to her head and then pointed at her back  then her neck. "And the dorsal plates on his back and tail  along with his gills ." 

Yang was laughing a little. "What cat ears? She wears a... booooowww..." 

The realization leaves them in silence as a tumbleweed blows through in the wind.

Ruby was whispering to Yang." She does like tuna a lot...

"Wait, who or what is Godzilla."  Weiss asked.

"Umm, nothing forget I said that, so where are they?" Penny asked.

"We don't know. She's been missing since Friday, and Kanji just went off on Weiss and went off." Ruby answered.

Penny was gasping."That's terrible! Then approached an uncomfortable Ruby. "Well, don't you worry, Ruby, my friend! I won't rest until we find your teammates!" 

Ruby was doing her best to continue smiling. "Uh, that's really nice of you, Penny, but we're okay! Really! Right, guys?"

She looks over at Penny to direct her question at Yang and Weiss, whose blinking outlines are all that's left of their sudden departure from the company of the strange girl. A tumbleweed blows past them again in the quiet.

"It sure is windy today!" Penny said.

Kanji's pov 

I was free-running from the rooftops. He stopped every few buildings to smell the air. After some more time searching, I got her sent, and after free-running for a bit, I saw Blake and the monkey Faunus from the docks. I moved slowly above them, eavesdropping on the conversation. He herd them converse about a plan they had.

"I still don't believe the white fang is behind these robberies. They've never needed that much dust before." I could hear Blake say.

"What if they did," the other Faunus began "I mean the only way to prove that they didn't do it, is to go to the place where they would most likely go if they were to do it, and not find them there, right?" Monkey suggested.

"The only thing is, I have no idea where that would be."

"Well, while I was on the ship, I heard some guys talking about offloading a huge shipment of dust coming in from Atlas." Monkey boy suggested.

"How huge?" Blake asked.

"Huge, big Shnee company freighter." Monkey boy answered.

"You sure?" Blake answered.

"Positive." Monkey boy answered.

I grunted, and then I headed to the docks waiting for them.

No One's Pov 

Amidst the chirping of crickets and darkness of night, Blake lays flat on her stomach on the rooftop overlooking the shipment of Schnee Dust containers.

Sun had left some time ago and came back.

"Did I miss anything?" he asked.

"Not really. They've offloaded all the crates from the boat, and now they're just sitting there," Blake answered.

"Cool, I stole you some food," he said, handing an apple to Blake.

"Do you always break the law without a second thought?" Blake asked

"Hey, weren't you in a cult or something?" Sun retorted.

Blake gave him an angry glare at him, and he responded, "Ok too soon."

Soren heard a loud noise in the distance and asked, "Do you guys hear that?"

"Hear what?" Sun asked. Then, a strong gust was felt behind them, and the noise was louder. The three of them looked up to see a Bullhead hovering above with some spotlights running through where the crates were. It moved to one of the clear spaces and landed, turning off both its search lights. The door opened, and a figure in a uniform walked out. He wore black pants, had a white tunic with a red symbol on the back, and wore a Grimm mask.

"Oh no," Blake said.

"Is that them?" Sun asked.

The three of them could clearly see the symbol on the person's back. No doubt it was the symbol of the white fang. Others began to walk out, each having a weapon.

"It's them," Blake also answered.

"You really didn't think they were behind it, did you?" Sun asked Blake.

"No, I think deep down I knew, I just didn't want to be right." Blake admitted.

Soren was holding a lot in as he clenched his fist. Then they heard someone call out "HEY what's the hold up?!" to the white fang members. Then he saw the infamous criminal Roman Torchwick. "We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves at the moment, so why don't you animals try to pick up the pace."

"This isn't right," Blake began. "The white fang would never work with a human, especially not one like that." She unsheathed her sword and jumped down.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" Sun called to her as she jumped down.

Soren stayed on the rooftop with Sun. He saw Blake move around the crates to get behind Torchwick. He was conversing with a member who had two cables in his arms. Blake got behind him with her Gambol Shroud to his neck.

"Nobody move!" Blake ordered 

The White Fang soldiers ready their guns and equip their swords in response.

"Whoa! Take it easy there, little lady." 

As the White Fang closes in on her, Blake uses her free hand to go for her bow and remove it, causing the ribbon to fall away as her Faunus ears are shown to the world.

"Brothers of the White Fang! Why are you aiding this scum?" Blake asked.

The White Fang members lower their weapons a little at this development, unsure of what to do, when Roman laughs.

"Oh, kid, didn't you get the memo?" Roman asked.

"What are you talking about?" Blake replied.

"The White Fang and I are going in on a joint business venture together!" Roman explained.

"Tell me what it is, or I'll put an end to your little operation." Blake threatened.

Suddenly, the air is filled with more turbines blowing the wind wildly around the holdup.

Roman was looking up. "I wouldn't exactly call it a little operation…"

Two more Bullheads are hovering above the heist, and as Blake watches in horror, Roman smiles and manages to fire his cane at Blake's feet, resulting in a large explosion.

Penny and Ruby turn around upon hearing the noise, seeing the smoke rise from the docking bay just a few buildings away.

"Oh, no…" Ruby said.

Blake, dazed but relatively unhurt on the ground, quickly rolls and runs out of the way of Roman's continued attacks, flaming missiles destroying cargo behind her as she flips and uses her semblance to dodge then retreats behind more containers.

Roman was approaching slowly. "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty... "his taunt is interrupted when a banana peel lands on his head, causing him to toss it aside and then look up and growl at the assailant eyes widening.

"Woohoo!: Sun cheers

Sun leaps from the container above Roman and drops down on the criminal's face feet-first, rolling up and readying himself to fight.

"Leave her alone!" Sun yelled.

The Bullheads open to let more White Fang members descend on the scene, standing by Roman as he gets up and surrounding Sun.

"You are not the brightest banana in the bunch. Are you, kid?" Roman laughs.

With that said, the White Fang charges at the monkey Faunus, but he manages to dodge slashes and get some of the soldiers with his fists and kicks until he rolls out of the way of one's sword.

"Haha!" Sun laugh.

Pulling out a collapsible red staff. He quickly uses this to beat down on each opponent that nears him, felling each one in a single flaming blow when he twirls it around, even creating a scorching shockwave to beat the last of them.

Blake peers around the corner of the container to watch Sun jump around and beat another White Fang soldier, landing on his back and causing him to fly over toward Roman's head. The crime boss ducks then growls in annoyance and aims his cane at Sun, firing a shot that he defends himself from just when Blake leaps into the action.

"He's mine!" Blake said.

Blake goes in close and becomes a blur of afterimages as she slashes both blades at Roman, who backs away and deflects each would-be blow with his cane at unbelievable speed Blake continues to dash, hop over, and slide around Roman to try and find a weak spot. Finally, he landed a blow after using her Semblance, but he quickly recovered, deflecting several more attacks before attempting to punch her in the face. Only to hit a clone as she flips away. The two clash weapons again, then Torchwick jabs her in the side.

"Hahaha!" He laughs and lands a few more hits on Blake until one final beating to the head with his cane causes her to go down.

Just as Roman deals with one opponent, Sun appears right behind her. Vaulting over Blake he kicks Roman in the chest and disconnects his staff into two spinning circles of flame-firing shotgun nunchucks that only slow down once to show the audience what they are before becoming twin arcs of offense again. Sun swings each gun at Roman while firing everything he as at him, but even with the rapid series of shots and flying bullets, Roman manages to defend himself against every bullet and hit until a millisecond-long pause allows Blake to get a slash in and knock him back.

On his back, Roman notices a container hanging by a crane right above the two warriors and gets up to fire his cane at its support. Blake leaps behind it, but Sun barely misses when he jumps forward, ending up right below the nozzle of Roman's cane. Just as he's about to fire, his and Sun's attention are drawn to a familiar voice.

"Hey!" A voice called out.

Ruby appears on the rooftop overlooking them, Crescent Rose extended and ready for action.

Roman was losing interest in Sun, waving) Well, hello, Red! Isn't it past your bedtime?

Penny was approaching Ruby. "Ruby, are these people your friends?" 

Ruby then looks behind her. "Penny, get back!" She orders while her attention is diverted, Roman snarls and fires his cane at her, launching the young Huntress-in-training back from the explosion's force and sending her scythe flying away "AAAAAH!" 

Blake's Pov

Roman gives off a professional-level evil laugh at his attack on Ruby. I was about to attack  Roman, but then we all heard a very loud roar.

"SKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOONNNNGGKK

Then, from the waters maple leaf shaped dorsal plates brought through the surface of the water then Kanji appeared out of the water and made it on dry land.

"Well, look who's here, Lizard boy. I didn't think you could swim." Roman taunted.

Kanji didn't respond. He only pulled up his hood. He had a very angry look on his face as the White Fang soldiers recovered from Sun's attacks quickly armed themselves, but one of them was shaking in fear.

"It can't be it. Can't this be just a trick." One of the soldiers said.

"No, that is him." Another one replied.

"What are you animals talking about? Get him." Roman ordered.

"You don't understand do you there were rumors of a faunus boy who can take on and destroy Grimm by using his bare hands a boy that looks into the eyes of death and stood his ground and he destroyed a Schnee Dust mine in Atlas using what was described as a laser beam from his mouth with dorsal plates that ran all the way down from his back to his long reptile-like tail he'll he took down a squad of the Branwen tribe in Mistral without breaking a sweat." Another exclaimed.

"Wait a minute, that is no Faunus boy, it's him that's the God of Destruction." One White Fang member said.

I looked at Kanji in shock as he pulled out  katana and stabbed two white fang members, killing them. Then he looked at Roman and aimed his katana at him and at the other White Fang members.

"You will all die screaming!" Kanji yelled in anger.

Then he delivered a series of slashes to three White Fang members killing them, but he then dropped his katana as he charged at the other White Fang members delivered a series of punches and kicks and hits with his tail his dorsal plates and eyes started glowing blue and fire a beam out of his mouth killing the white fang members then he let out a roar.

No One's Pov 

Penny was walking forward while Ruby tried to get back up.

"Penny, wait! Stop!" Ruby said as she raised her hand in a futile attempt to stop her.

"Don't worry, Ruby. I'm combat ready!" Penny replied.

Her backpack mechanically opens up, and from its dark depths comes a single sword that extends and multiples into several blades hovering over Penny's back. Leaping from the rooftop with the weapons acting as wings, she sends three of her swords to knock two White Fang soldiers down before even landing on the ground, where she proceeds to fling the swords at one enemy, impale another to a wall, create a barrier of spinning steel against a running attack, leaping over a goon with her swords in tow, and finally making a wheel that she throws to knock multiple Faunus off their feet.

Sun was observing the spectacle in amazement. "Whoa!" He said, and he runs off to safety.

Three Bullheads come from the skies and open fire on the battle, but Penny merely forms a shield and launches two of her swords into the wall behind her, which in turn pull their wielder back with their strings. When her swords swirl around her again, she commands them to open their points and build up a large glowing ball of green light. With a punching action, several bright lasers crack the pavement when they fire at the transports and slice each one in half, causing several of the White Fang members inside to fall and letting Ruby watch as Bullheads fall in pieces behind her.

Stunned, she turns back to Penny as she aims her swords at the remaining Bullheads holding the crate of dust and pulls back on their wires, tugging the aircraft with them.

Ruby was watching in awe.  "Whoa... How is she doing that?"

Seeing the Bullhead's flight fall under Penny's control, Roman grimaces and turns to run towards the last transport.

Penny, after her large green pupils dilate for a second, pulls with all her might on the strings, and the aircraft crashes into a stack of crates, causing an explosion as a result.

Roman was watching from the safety of his escape. "These kids just keep getting weirder... " He said with his observation made, he uses his cane to close the doors, and the jet lifts off, flying away from the lost battle.

Later, a handful of police cars are at the docks, where Ruby, Blake, Sun, and Penny are sitting on boxes in silence. That is, until Weiss and Yang appear on the scene.

Ruby was speaking quickly to explain the situation.' Look, Weiss, it's not what you think. She explained the whole thing. See, she doesn't actually have a bow. She has kitty ears, and they're actually kind of cute..." Weiss ignores her and squares off with Blake.

Blake calmly looks her down. "Weiss, I want you to know that I'm no longer associated with the White Fang. Back when I was with the-"

"Stop! Do you have any idea of how long we've been searching for you?" Weiss asked as she paused. "Twelve hours. That means I've had twelve hours to think about this. And in that twelve hours, I've decided..."

Yang, Sun, Ruby, and Kanji looked on, worried.

"I don't care." Wiess said.

Blake was surprised. "You don't care?"

"You said you're not one of them anymore, right?" Weiss asked.

"No, I-I haven't been since I was younger -" Blake started to say but stopped by. Weiss silenced her.

"Ah-bahp-bahp-bahp! I don't want to hear it. All I want to know is that the next time something this big comes up... you'll come to your teammates. And not some..." Weiss said and looked at Sun behind her as she caught herself. "Someone else."

Blake was looking at Ruby and Yang grinning at her, and Kanji nodded, she wipes a tear from her eye, nodding. "Of course."

Weiss smiles and nods. The moment is serious for a second more until Ruby screams and waves her arms wildly.

"Yeah! Team RWBY is back together!" 

as the six gather with each other, Weiss points accusingly at Sun. "I'm still not quite sure about how I feel about you!" Sun laughs nervously.

Ruby was looking around. "Hey, wait a minute... Where's Penny?"

From the darkened back seat of a limo, Penny watches the group of friends reuniting with each other.

"You should know better than to go running around in a strange city." The Driver said.

Penny lowers her head, sadly. " I know, sir." 

As the car drove off from the scene, the driver spoke."Penny, your time will come..."

Meanwhile, Ozpin is seen holding a scroll showing a "LIVE FEED" of Ruby at the docks and Kanji unleashing his rage on the White Fang He closes the video and opens up a communication with Qrow, whose team name and other information is left blank, and his only message is: "QUEEN HAS PAWNS AND NOW WE GOT THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION TO HANDLE WITH."

"Hmmm..." was the only response Ozpin gave.

Meanwhile, Roman walks into a large warehouse with a shadowy interior. He goes over to a table and places down a case of mysterious content, sighing in tiredness.

"How very disappointing, Roman." A voice called out.

Roman then turns around suddenly when he hears the voice and their noisy entrance. "Whoa! Hehe... I wasn't expecting to see you guys so soon..." 

Of the three figures before Roman, only her head, containing yellow eyes and flowing dark hair, is seen, and she was Cinder Fall. "We were expecting... more from you."

Roman was laughing a little before getting serious. "Hey! You were the ones who suggested working with those stupid mutts from the White Fang, and now we have to deal with a Lizard boy who some of the white fang called him the God of Destruction."

Cinder was chuckling darkly. "And you will continue to do so and as for this so-called God he will be dealt with in time." she said, then she summons a fireball in her hand and steps out of the darkness with her two companions, a gray-haired man and mint-haired, tanned woman. "We have big plans for you, Roman. All we ask is... a little cooperation." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
5.2K 116 94
Beacon academy is full of surprises in the main timeline but what if, some more huntsmen and huntresses joined the cast. Team Arcc, Team Pyda and Tea...
40.6K 403 13
Remnant a world filled with Grimm. There had been many ways that the people of Remnant have made ways to fight the Grimm and protect the innocent. Th...
1K 31 32
RWBY x Male Reader Fanfiction. In a different world of RWBY the fall of Beacon never happened. The creatures of grimm still roamed and evil forces st...