𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 |...

By hir0sa

"It's been three decades.. yet, you still havent moved on. Why cant you just let go?" Maharlika, the youthful... More

✩ 𝐁4 𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃..
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄: Life after Death
𝐎𝐍𝐄: Beginnings
𝐓𝐖𝐎: Informal Introductions
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: A day in the Lion City
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: Colliding with reality
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: New encounters
𝐒𝐈𝐗: History repeats itself
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: A day out
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: The Garden
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: A cold prescence
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: Russia.
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: Halloween Festival!

𝐓𝐄𝐍: "About Dinner.."

200 8 4
By hir0sa

✦ ㅤ ㅤ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ㅤㅤ ✦

Eleutheria.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
October 16th.

[RUSSIA'S POV:]

When he died, I didnt know how to react. I wasnt depressed - but I wasnt happy at all - I felt empty inside.

During the first period of my life, I wasnt too happy. It was just me and my dad, and my sister who were there. My other brothers hated me, of course, and Dad's little 'territories' hated me aswell. My father wasnt the best, and my sister was very mischievious.

I was grown in a tough environment, I was taught that life was full of wars that you must win, and if you didnt you'd be known as a fool - a laughing stock.

It was plain.. it wasnt interesting and all the 'interesting' events ive seen (that father said were amusing) was bloodshed. He found interest on slavery and genocide, which every Empire had loved. I seemed to carry it too.

I definitely wasnt proud of it.

I knew that during the Philipines' life - his whole childhood he's been a colony. I didnt really care. Either you were an Empire or a colony. No inbetween.

A colony of the Spanish Empire. (I never truly liked the man. He was really self obsorbed.)

Something that did spark up my interest when he became an American colony, and soon after WW2, he became known as America's little puppy.

Ive met up with Martial Law. He's a great guy, definitely the polar opposite to his brother. He's got good tactics and is very mature. Its a shame North Korea and him started dating. Ive always disliked their relationship.

- Besides the point.. when I met the Philippines, I thought he'd be as snarky and arrogant as America. I was wrong. He was actually really nice and welcoming to me. No one's ever been like that.

I thought it was all an act but decades one by and he still had been amazing to me. America was an eye witness, and he's always seemed so jealous whenever we'd hang out.

It made it all worthwhile, the jealousy on his face.

The Philippines filled my cold, quiet world with a warm, and safe environment.

Whenever I was with him I felt warm and fuzzy. He never failed to make me laugh.

When he died.. I felt like I was a child again. Alone in my room, with noone to talk to for weeks at best.

Belarus seemed a bit concerned about me, and even got China to bombard me with questions, asking me if I was okay. Like they would care. They just want me back to work so they could get even more richer.

The only one who I'd contact was Martial. He seemed to understand and was actually really good at comforting. He didnt seem like it.. but he was better than literally any therapist in the world.

I sighed.

Except.. those sweet words mean nothing when they cant fill the void in my heart.

"Hello?" I answered my phone, as I slouched back on my chair, tapping the phone whilst I wait for an answer.

A few seconds it was silent, but then I heard a voice. "Ah sorry- I dropped my phone. Russia, right?" A woman's voice spoke. I had forgotten who it was.

"Yes. And this is?" I raised a brow, looking at my phone. It was quite old and I havent bought a new one for a few years.

The woman on the other line giggled in satisfication. "Its me! Maharlika!" She said, I perked my eyebrows up in interest.

Maharlika, the country I had accidently walked in on the other day in the European block in Eleutheria. It was hard to not remember.

"Ah, I remember. Are you.. feeling alright now?" I said, showing a little concern in my voice. I tried quietly clearing my throat, while I held the phone a bit far.

"Yeah.. Im okay. Are you still up for dinner? I mean, are you still in Eleutheria?" She asked, fumbling her words. I laughed at her efforts, in a light hearted way.

"I'm still here. I'm leaving in about a.. no - three days." I told her, and I heard a little audible gasp.

"Are you good for dinner today?" She asked, sounding a bit impatient.

"Of course." I replied, with a little smirk on my face. Ive only know this stranger because of a little harmless accident, but to be honest.. I feel like I know her.

She squealed in delight, which made me chuckle. "Sorry for the last minute plan, Ive actually got a lot of work to do the next couple of days." She turned back to a bored sigh.

"It's alright. Im free anyway. See you later."

Then, I met you. The first time Ive heard of you, I thought you were nothing special. Just another island country. I met you, I after that i could never get that encounter off of my mind. It wasnt anything special, but it felt like.. I was talking to someone of the past.

It couldnt really be him. After all..

He's just a fragment of history.

"EU, may I have the day off?" I had requested politely this time, no commands, no shouting, whatsoever. Eu looked at me, showing concern as he expected to get shout at.

He blinked. "Russia, you've got a lot of work to do. What is so important that you need to skip it?" He had asked with his unbothered expression. I was atleast two metres away from him - which is what he expected from me when I went to his office. He hated if I was anywhere close.

"I'm having dinner with somebody.." I mumbled, but loud enough so he could hear. But a tint of link scattered across my cheeks once I said that. I mean, felt it.

Eu's gaze softened. "Really?" He chuckled, looking unexpectingly.

I nodded.

"Very well. But you must finish your work before you go back to your country." Eu continued, "Or else you'll get a penalty just like everyone else." He informed me.

I already knew what would happen, it wasnt anything surprising to me. I nodded. "Yes, Eu. Thank you." I thanked him.

He dismissed me with a gesture, and I walked away. I looked back to see a small smile planted on his face.

[AUTHORS POV:]

"Ah!" She exclaimed as she looked down at the messy bed. She has never seen a hotel room look this messy. She might even hold the record for messiest hotel room ever.

She rummaged through her suitcase incase of any good outfits, which she didnt bring with her. She frowned in despair as she didnt have any formal or on-themed clothing.

"This sucks!" She face-palmed herself, agony written all over her face. She really didnt have anything to wear. She didnt even plan to stay in Eleutheria for long.

Her phone 'dinged' and she carefully picked it up, looking at the notification set on the screen.

'You have been added by Thailand'

She furrowed her eyebrows, and clicked on it.

It was a group on this messaging app, and he raised her brows looking at it.

Cambodia !🇰🇭
OHH! MAHAR!!

Thailand
Welcome to the group!

Timor Leste ★
Oh finally. It took long enough !!

You
Ooh. What's this?

Timor Leste ★
Countries in Southeast Asia, and.. I dont know why Palau is here.

You
Who's Palau..?

Timor Leste ★
@cocopalau Palau!! Wake up!!

Palau 🇵🇼
Its like 12pm.. Im awake.

You
Wait.. are you in Eleutheria? Its 12pm here aswell!!

Palau 🇵🇼
Yup. You?

You
Me too! Can i ask a favor?

Palau 🇵🇼
Ask away

You
Do you happen to have a spare dress? I'm going out today and I have nothing to wear..

Palau 🇵🇼
Oh please, I have a ton! Just dm me for information.

Timor Leste ★
Is there any left for me?

Palau 🇵🇼
Haha... no.

Maharlika got off her phone with a relieved sigh. She would text Palau later, now she just had to figure out where they would eat out.

She didnt know the big resturants in Eleutheria, which was no help, well, she barely knew anything in Eleutheria. She was raised at home with only little money, so they couldnt even get out of the island.

She sighed as she sat on her bed.

You
Hi, Palau. Can you send me the pictures of the dresses? Also, I need ypur help on good resturants.

Your*

Palau 🇵🇼
Oh of course! Hold on.

Palau sent four attachments

You
Thats alot and their impressive! Is it okay if I could borrow the sage green one?

Palau 🇵🇼
Of course! And some good resturants in Eleutheria is the Global Buffet, Italian owned resturants, Asian resturants, etc. If you want the names I can send you it.

You
Whats the name of the Global Buffet?

Palau 🇵🇼
Libertas. Its quite good, but its the most famous and busiest resturant.. I have connections so I can probably book you two a reservation at 6.30pm

Its two people.. right?

You
Yeah. You're such a big help! Thank you! Can we meet at 2.30 at __ for the dress?

Palau 🇵🇼
No problem! And sure. Goodbye.

You
Bye!!

"She's such a big help." Maharlika smiled to herself. "Now all I need to do is just tell Russia the information once I confirmed with Palau."

She said to herself as she put her hands on her hips. She was kind of jealous that people didnt have to go through all of this stress just to find a resturant and nice clothing.

Russia was outside the EU building scrolling through his phone, while he smoked a ciggarette.

"Oi, Russia, spare one?" A country came up to him. He looked exhausted for some reason.

Russia looked to him with an emotionless expression.

"How was your project with Bela?" He asked, closing his phone and putting it in his pocket, ignoring the question.

The country shrugged. "Рекао бих да смо добро прошли." He had answered in his language, serbian.

Russia furrowed his brows, but didnt care. He never bothered to learn a new language. "..okay." He said as he threw the ciggarette on the ground, stomping on it.

"You know you'll get in trouble once again for that." Serbia crosed his arms, looking at the Russian, who looked at him with a disgusted loom.

"I dont give a shit." He narrowed his eyes. His phone suddenly dinged, amd he picked it up from his pocket.

It was Maharlika. His gaze softened as he pressed the notification.

"Meet at Libertas, 6.20. Dont be late!"

She had said. Russia chuckled, remembering the little 'date' that they had. He hadnt told anybody.

Serbia suddenly snatched the phone, looking at the text message. He laughed. "You're going on a date? With who?" He teased.

Russia glared at him, as he snatched the phone back. "Не ваше дело. {None of your business.}" He snarled rudely, frightening Serbia by the sudden change of mood.

Serbia smirked. "Чиллакс, я баловался. {Chillax. I was messing.}" He placed his hands in front of him, not wanting to get bounced on by the man.

"So.. you're planning to wear a nice suit hm? Better than this one, I suppose?" Serbia asked, touching the russian's chest to feel the material of the suit. Russia wasnt really bothered to pick a fight with the man.

"Obviously. I wont come up to dinner in a sweatshirt and shorts." Russia said which made Serbia snicker.

"Anyway.. it was a bother seeing you once again, I have to get going." Russia placed his phone back in his pocket and walked off without saying a word. No goodbyes to be said from the eurasian.

Serbia crossed his arms, watching Russia walk off. He chuckled to himself. "I'm glad to know he's doing better atleast."

"Palau! You're such a big help!!" Maharlika exclaimed with her shining eyes, as Palau looked at her in awe whilst the southeast asian squealed with happiness upon seeing the dress.

"Its no problem, really! We should hang out together sometime. If you dont mind me asking," Palau cleared her throat. "Who are you having dinner with? A special someone?" She asked with a kind of curiousity audible in her tone.

Maharlika blushed. "It was a pretty random encounter and a pretty random invintation, but I'm going to dinner with Russia." She smiled.

Palau turned white as a ghost, and her mouth dropped to the floor in pure shock.

"Russia? THE russia?" She exclaimed. Maharlika nodded in response, kind of confused.

"I wonder how you did it! Back when I became a country it was hard enough to even speak to him. He was.. absolutely terrifying." She hugged herself in an attempt to comfort herself due to the terror she recieved from the thought of Russia in the 20th century.

"Really? He seems nice." Maharlika tilted her head in confusion. Palau burst out in a fit of laughter.

"Nice?! Russia is anything but nice!" She exclaimed, as if she had bad blood with the man. Maharlika didnt think she did, more like Palau assumed he was. After all, Russia seems terrifying on the outside. He really was not to Maharlika, atleast.

Maharlika was a bit embarrassed but she shrugged it off.

"Anyway.. I better be off. Micro was just asking for a new candle aswell.. and Nauru.." She trailed off as she placed her hand on her chin, seemimg quite concerned. "Sorry, excuse me. It was nice meeting you!"

She waved with a smile, and walked off quite elegantly. Maharlika blushed to herself as she watched Palau recede into the crowd. She figured as Palau was so eager to help anyone, that she was a people pleasure. She chuckled to herself, her eyes softening.

She then looked at the paper bag the dress was folded neatly in, and smiled. "I better go get ready now.." She sighed as she was so tired of being stressed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

119K 2.8K 43
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
682K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...