HOPELESS - [๋‹ˆํ‚ค]

By ennyki

"๐™”๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ก๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ ๐™—๐™š ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™–๐™ซ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ, ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. " โ€ Hana was... More

00
โœญ 01
โœญ 02
โœญ 03
โœญ 04
โœญ 05
โœญ 06
โœญ 07
โœญ 08
โœญ 09
โœญ 11
โœญ 12
โœญ 13
โœญ 14
โœญ 15
โœญ 16
โœญ 17
โœญ 18
โœญ 19
โœญ 20
โœญ 21
โœญ 22
โœญ 23
โœญ 24
โœญ 25
bonus ๋ฌธ์ž

โœญ 10

874 37 17
By ennyki

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

coloured star
━━━━━━━━━

Riki opened the door to Hana's room and let her in.

"Thank you nini, thank you so much."

"I promise, next year I'll do all the rides with you." he said, taking her hands.

Hana lowered her head and sighed silently.

The young man leaned slightly towards her and whispered without letting go of her hands, "Hana, you'll be there next year, there's nothing to worry about." She nodded and closed the door.

"Good night, my flower girl. Sleep well and make sweet dreams." said Riki before walking away from the door frame.

He passed a window and saw fireworks. Probably the fireworks that the funfair had organised to celebrate their first day.

It was the same thing every year, Riki didn't even look at the fireworks for a single second, he found them uninteresting, but this time, he ran towards Hana's door.

He didn't even knock to get in when Hana was ready to fall asleep.

"Oh Hana, I beg you, come and spend some more time with me."

"Riki, I'm going to sleep." She tilted her head slightly to the side, looking really tired of going out again.

Riki walked into the bedroom and said as he dropped to his knees. "I know I haven't made you happy tonight, but I want to make it up to you." Riki saw that she wasn't responding to his request, so he added, "Hana, I got down on my knees for you !"

She let go and smiled, letting Riki think he'd finally convinced her.

"Quick, before it's over !"

The two walked quickly to the roof and sat down in front of the fireworks. They began to watch the spectacle unfolding before them.

It was as if thousands of stars were bursting in the sky, bringing the clouds and the city to life.

It was beautiful.

Fireworks of every colour exploded in the sky, creating different shapes each time.

The view from the roof of the hospital was perfect and the whole spectacle unfolding before them was splendid, as if it had been created just for this moment they were going to spend together.

Just for Riki and Hana.

The young man turned his head towards the girl. Her face was lit up with colour and her eyes shone. It was magnificent to see.

The fireworks wouldn't have been perfect for Riki if she hadn't been there.

The young boy felt his heart beat faster and butterflies fluttered in his stomach. He quickly turned his head to concentrate on the fireworks again, even if it was more complicated than he had expected.

Then came the finale moment. All the fireworks went up into the sky to explode at the same time, lighting up the streets more than the sun.

Hana didn't want to blink, she didn't want to miss a single second of this spectacle.

"Wow." Hana let out once the fireworks were over.

She breathed in and turned to the young man, who couldn't take his eyes off the sky, even though there was nothing there any more. "Tell me Riki, do you remember what I wrote on my list ?" he took the list out of his pocket and said, "That you want to be happy again."

"Nini." she took his hand and he turned his head towards her to avert his eyes from the sight they had just seen.

"You can tick that box." she said simply.

He raised his eyebrows, rather surprised by Hana's revelation.

"I'm happy, Riki, it was the happiest day of my life. I don't really know how long this joy will last, but I haven't felt this way for a long time." Hana took a breath, feeling her eyes fill with tears. "Nini, I didn't even feel any pain today." she says with a smile before hugging him for a few seconds.

Riki couldn't move, terrified by the gesture.

He'd never been hugged by a girl, let alone someone like her. His heart was about to explode.

Hana got up and walked away from him, and Riki took her back to her room.

She lay down in bed and Riki closed the door.

He whispered with his hand on her wrist, "Never forget this moment, my flower girl." then he wished her a good night's sleep again before heading off down the corridor on his own.

Riki took out Hana's list and ticked the box, "i want to be happy again." and "Someone take me to the funfair."

He was delighted to see that the list was shrinking. Then he left the hospital and went home with a big smile on his face.

The next morning, the hospital was silent and lifeless.

She left the hospital a little tired and breathing heavily.

She went to see her doctor before going to class and, once again, the test was negative.

The blood balls around her heart were getting bigger and bigger, and her lungs weaker and weaker, but she was happy now, and she wanted to live without worrying about tomorrow, without wondering whether she would see the sun rise or not.

Because she knew what her destiny was, she had known it since she found out about her illness. There was nothing she could do about it, so she had to force herself to live the way she wanted to.

She went into her classroom and saw something on her bedside table.

A drawing.

She opened it and immediately realised who it was from.

She turned the drawing over and read, "You and me, in front of the most beautiful sight of my life. My heart nearly burst."

But the corner of the page caught her eye. She could make out words that were barely legible. She brought the paper closer to her eyes to see better what was written.

"I told you you'd be my model tonight, sweetheart."

Hana closed the drawing and felt herself blush at the thought of Riki thinking back to that moment.

That moment they had shared together.

She loved it when he gave her nicknames. She didn't care what they were, as long as they came from Riki...

Hana hoped she would be able to relive a moment like that, as magical as those fireworks.

She wanted to see more drawings, again and again. Every day if she could.

The end of the lesson came and she met Riki at his locker. She tapped him on the shoulder and said, as he turned round, "I want to see all your drawings Riki, from the first to the last."

Riki smiled at her and took her hand to lead her into the art room.

He opened the studio door, revealing all his paintings and drawings.

Hana looked at them one by one. Each drawing was different and more beautiful than the one before.

"Riki, you're so talented !"

He smiled as he tilted his head and whispered, "Thank you, Hana."

"Can you draw me a picture ?"

"Right now ?"

"Why not right now ?" She picked up a blank canvas and placed it on a stand. She pulled out her phone and showed Riki a picture.

"It would take me an hour and a half for that, Hana. You'll get bored."

"Watching you doesn't bore me, nini." She sat down, impatient for Riki to start.

He began to paint while Hana watched him intently. She wanted to see every brushstroke and how Riki recreated the picture she had asked him to draw.

An hour and a half later, Riki had just finished his painting.

Hana had fallen asleep in her chair. Riki watched her sleep for a few long seconds before daring to wake her.

She looked so beautiful in her sleep.

"My Hana, I've finished." he said, stroking her hair.

Hana woke up slowly and rubbed her eyes before seeing Riki's painting, exactly the same as the one she had shown him in the photo.

"Wow nini it's superb !"

"I'm going to call it: nothingness" He smiled and after a few seconds of hesitation, the young man dared to put his arm behind Hana's neck, then the bell rang.

Riki closed his eyes tightly, why did this moment have to end now ?

"Let me put these things away Hana, don't be late for class." She left the room, murmuring a short, "Thank you my nini."

Riki didn't know why she'd asked him to draw this, but he'd never put so much effort into a painting. He wanted it to be as similar as possible to what Hana had asked for.

Once he was sure Hana had left, he buried his head in his hands before screaming for a brief second.

Why was he doing all this for her ?

She was going to die after all.

Why had he wanted to stay with her on the first day and challenge himself to tick every box on her list ?

Riki was scared, very scared for her. He'd never felt this way about a girl before.

It was horrible.

Ut was a horrible feeling that he didn't want to experience any more. Feeling his heart beating faster, all the different sensations in his stomach, he wanted it all to go away.

He turned over his canvas before writing a little sentence as usual, "For you, my flower girl, for my inspiration, for this girl who obsesses me a little more every day, for this girl who will live to be 100 with me, for you my Hana<3"

Then he put the board away with the others and went to class.

༺❦༻

thanks for reading this far <3
I'll try to write better in the future ;)
Feel free to leave a vote or comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 797 25
๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง. riki! โi'll be your baby. there's nothing better i'd rather do. โž โคทlowercase intended. โคทblack main character. โคทshort chap...
3.3K 174 25
Like many others, Hana was an Engene, who loved the boys of Enhypen with all all her heart. She never expected to meet them, much less become close f...
45.4K 3.1K 32
Hyunjoo wants to avenge for her family matters and decides to work at ENHYPEN LABELS as the CEO's secretary. Unexpectedly, she found out that her CEO...
299K 8.7K 33
wattys longlist 2018 | MEET ELLA. She's drowning, literally. Ella has lung cancer, causing her lungs to fill with liquid that needs to be drained dai...