Fishing For Disasters

By LKsolacola

That's the reward for saving this world from Sea Monsters and Dungeons that would emerge soon?! Then Zirkus... More

1: THE CATCH
2: A SHEEPSHEAD FISH
3: THE HEAVENLY TRIO
4. FRIENDSHIP, EFFORT, VICTORY
5: SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY
6: PRETTY PRIVILEGE
7: RAMEN, ANYONE?
8: FEED THE VILLAIN
9: OF COURSE, THERE'S A DRAGON
10: A TRANSMIGRATOR'S PURPOSE
11: THE HIDDEN QUEST
12: MOUTH-WATERING BAIT
13: DROP THE ACT
14: DEADLY TREASURE HUNT (1)
15: DEADLY TREASURE HUNT (2)
16: DEADLY TREASURE HUNT (3)
17: DEADLY TREASURE HUNT (4)
19: POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!!
20: CRINGE FEST
21: NEW FRIENDS(?) ACQUIRED
22: TEENAGE DRAMA???

18: DEADLY TREASURE HUNT (5)

3 0 0
By LKsolacola

<"TO ACTIVATE the Hidden Audio Recording, raise your right eyebrow. To activate the Spy Video Function, wink using your right eye. To activate the Spy Camera Function, wink using your left eye twice. To activate all three functions at the same time, blink three times.">

The fuck?

Raising his right eyebrow was no problem for Zirkus, but he couldn't wink even if his life depended on it.

[That's why I used to be a fan of Kpop idols who are so good at winking.]

Zirkus tried to wink using his left eye twice to get a "screenshot" of Enzo and Yelena, but he was pretty sure he just closed his eyes awkwardly in front of the two.

"Disgusting," Enzo said, frowning. "Are you trying to look uglier, Zirkus Huxford?"

Ouch.

[This bastard really doesn't shy away from insulting my face, huh?]

<"Enzo Fenton wasn't wrong, though. You really look uglier than normal right now. Kekeke!">

Zirkus just ignored Blob, the rude System.

"Don't mind him, Zirkus," Yelena said, smiling kindly at him. "May I know what you're trying to do... by closing your eyes awkwardly?"

"I'm trying to wink, Noonim," Zirkus confessed while scratching his head. "I need to wink to activate some functions of this Artifact."

"I can help you with that," Enzo offered. "Do you want me to?"

It was sus, but what choice did he have?

"How?" Zirkus asked, his voice full of suspicions. "Will you teach me how to wink?"

"I'll stab one of your eyes so that it will be easier for you to wink the other one left."

[This scary bastard, really.]

Zirkus didn't even have the energy to argue with Enzo and his violent thoughts, so he just quickly hid behind Yelena. "Noonim, do you know how to wink?"

"Wink?" Yelena asked, looking over her shoulder to meet her gaze. Then she smiled and winked at him. "Like this?"

Okay, seeing the Mermaid Princess wink made his heart flutter a bit.

But he quickly slapped himself to snap out of it.

[That's a child, Park Suho.]

Yelena was eighteen-years-old, an adult in this world. And Park Suho was only twenty-one when he transmigrated into this body.

[Even so, I don't want to be involved with people younger than me.]

"Noonim, how do you wink?" Zirkus asked helplessly. "Whenever I try to close one eye, I automatically blink."

Yelena was about to answer, but then her stomach suddenly growled loudly.

Enzo scoffed. "Glutton."

Yelena just laughed, her face turning red as if she was embarrassed. "Are you still up for some treasure hunting?"

"No– this Artifact is enough for me," Zirkus said. "Let's eat first, Noonim."

***

FORTUNATELY, the bag that Zirkus brought was waterproof.

Hence, the items inside didn't get wet.

He didn't bring his cooking tools with him, so he could only offer snacks to Enzo and Yelena Dover.

Zirkus brought out the tin container that had gimbap in it.

Gimbap or kimbap was a Korean dish made from cooked rice, vegetables, fish, and meat rolled in dried sheets of seaweed.

He made that gimbap in a hurry since Enzo only gave him a few minutes before they left the academy. Fortunately, the System sent cooked ingredients when he said he wanted gimbap. Hence, all he had to do was roll them into the seaweed sheet and slice them into bite-sized pieces.

[Anyway, here we are now.]

Zirkus, Enzo, and Yelena sat on the log that they found on the beach while having gimbap.

"I can taste fish in it," Yelena said, her eyes sparkling with delight. "What's in this dish you call 'gimbap,' Zirkus?"

[Ah, it's probably the imitation crab.]

"It's a trade secret, Noonim," Zirkus said, grinning. He avoided the question because he didn't know how to explain where he got the ingredients. "I'll tell you once we get closer."

Yelena Dover laughed softly, then she nodded. "Sounds fair to me."

Zirkus then turned to Enzo who was on his third slice of gimbap. "Is it better than ramen?"

"No, but it's edible," Enzo said indifferently. "So I decided not to stab your eyes for today."

Aigoo.

[This bastard and his violent thoughts...]

Zirkus was about to tease Enzo when, all of a sudden, a shadow cast over them.

Before he could even raise his head, the 'thing' that hovered above them earlier finally landed right in front of them.

"Enzo, Yelena, what are you doing here?"

It was Klaus Irvin, the dragon with a blinding visual.

Zirkus scoffed when he realized that the punk didn't greet him, even though he was sitting between Enzo and Yelena.

[Is he pretending I'm not here?]

Rude.

"Klaus, Enzo and I aren't the only people here," Yelena said, smiling while politely pointing her hand to Zirkus. "Zirkus Huxford is also here with us."

Zirkus was touched.

[Aww, Noonim...]

"I'm trying to ignore him because my eyes hurt every time I look at not-so-pretty things, Yelena," Klaus Irvin said, covering his eyes with his hands as if he was afraid to accidentally look at Zirkus. "Hello, Zirkus Huxford. I don't want to be rude, but my 'disease' is quite fatal."

[Made-up disease, you mean?]

Zirkus just shrugged. "I'm already used to it, Klaus Irvin."

He didn't want to pick up a fight with the person who invited him there, so he just let it slide.

"What are you doing here, Klaus?" Yelena asked curiously. "You're the host of the Treasure Hunt. Is it okay for you to leave your guests?"

Klaus Irvin put a hand on his waist, his other hand still covering his eyes. "The hunt is boring without you and Enzo, my dear Yelena. My eyes need to see someone as beautiful as the two of you for the game to be more fun."

[This shallow brat...]

"Hey, shut up and get ready."

It was Enzo.

[Get ready for what?]

Zirkus, Yelena, and Klaus Irvin all turned to Enzo at the same time.

Much to their surprise, the future villain was already on his feet while his glowing gold eyes were focused on what was in front of them.

Zirkus followed Enzo's gaze...

... and saw several men– all dressed in black wetsuits– emerge from the water.

"Kill them and capture the dragon alive!"

Zirkus' eyes widened in shock when he heard the leader of the group yell. He actually turned to Klaus Irvin in worry, but his eyes accidentally caught Enzo looking at the dragon.

Honestly?

The way Enzo looked at Klaus Irvin made Zirkus gulp hard.

[It's happening– the arc where Klaus Irvin is supposed to die at Enzo's hands!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 1.9K 26
Picture this: I suddenly find myself in a medieval fantasy world, like the ones I used to gobble up in books. But here's the comical conundrum: I've...
1M 29.6K 121
SSR-ranked killer Mu Hui died in an explosion, only waking up to find herself transmigrated into the body of a vicious female supporting character in...
597 44 24
Not knowing how she died, the main character was transmigrated into a guide-verse novel. A finished novel, and a novel she had read before her death...
247K 7.4K 59
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...