Under the Rain [Yu-Gi-Oh! VRA...

بواسطة HoshinoHana

[Fujiki Yusaku x OC] [OC x Canon] The asocial boy who didn't care of anything else except finding out about t... المزيد

S1-1✩ Under the Rain, Nostalgia Surges
S1-2✩ Yusaku Talked to a Girl? Is That Even Possible?
S1-3✩ Three Reasons Why I'm Just a Minor Character... Supposedly.
S1-4✩ The Girl with Ruby-Red Eyes, Tsubaki Mirai
S1-5✩ Not Even a Mask Can Conceal a Noble Heart
S1-6✩ The Winds of Change that Start Everything
S1-7✩ Each and Everyone's Responsibility
S1-8✩ "Happily Ever After" Only Occurs in Fiction, After All
S1-9✩ At the Site that Triggers 10-Year-Old Memories, Stardust Road
S1-10✩ A Meaningless Reunion
S1-11✩ Still, Villains are Heroes in Their Own Story
S1-12✩ Overflowing Memories, Emerging Truth
S1-13✩ The Wounded Boy's Resolute Heart
S1-14✩ For the Wish He's Entrusted With and the Future He Believes In
S1-15✩ Happy Birthday, My Dearest.
S1-16✩ Stormy Clouds Don't Choose Who They Rained On
S1-17✩ Heart-to-Heart Exchange
S1-18✩ Yu-kun and Mi-chan
S2-19✩ Peaceful Days in Summer No More
S2-20✩ Hunting Hound
S2-21✩ Some Things Change, Some Stay the Same
S2-22✩ Oh, to be Young and Full of Love!
S2-23✩ Breaking a Promise, At What Cost?
S2-24✩ Overprotective Instinct
S2-25✩ A Clumsy Apology
S2-26✩ Precious Dreams Shared Over an Onigiri
S2-27✩ Eyes that Evoked the Fiery Emotions Within
S2-28✩ Caught Off Guard!
S2-29✩ VR World Matters Should Stay There while We Live the Moment
S2-30✩ We are Screwed! Strike of the Student Council President, Igarashi Ken
S2-31✩ Unexpected Chain of Events
S2-32✩ When the Gullible Meets the Awkward
S2-33✩ Innocently Deceitful Smile
S2-34✩ A Meaningful Reunion, At Long Last
S2-35✩ AIs, Too, Have Desire to Protect
S2-37✩ Clashing Beliefs! Their First Fight in 10 Years
S2-38✩ Shattered: The Consequence of Letting Your Guard Down
S2-39✩ Returning Home
S2-40✩ Now, What To Do?
S2-41✩ Silent Kindness
S2-42✩ Forgotten, But Not Forgiven
S2-43✩ The Truth of that Night
S2-44✩ Faith in His Heart Restored
S2-45✩ Declaration of Counterattack
S2-46✩ Crash the Party! My Nemesis, His Name Is...!
S2-47✩ Dame of Hanoi (Part 1)
S2-48✩ Dame of Hanoi (Part 2)
S2-49✩ Gathering of the Unrecorded Heroes
S2-50✩ Blooming Companionship Amidst Contemplation

S2-36✩ Meeting of Two Lights

171 11 9
بواسطة HoshinoHana

"I will handle this by myself. Aqua... I'm so glad to have found you. Alright, I will see you later, soon enough!"

When Earth muttered those words for Aqua, he had only one belief: that she shouldn't be put at risk after just being rescued and that he would protect her at all costs, even if that would mean he must defeat GO Onizuka in a duel. But although he was confident in his skills as a duelist, he admitted that since he didn't have enough data of Onizuka, he couldn't be 100% sure he would win. Hence, he had to take drastic measures to ensure Aqua's safety, and that was pushing her out of harm's way... literally.

"Earth!!!" Aqua cried out his name as being caught off guard had made her unable to resist gravity. But once she had regained her composure, she used her ability to control a small data storm to help her escape, all while tearfully wishing for Earth's victory.

Now there were only Earth and Onizuka left, standing on their D-Boards. After making sure Aqua had successfully escaped, Earth held his head high and got ready to engage Onizuka in a duel.

At the same time, Playmaker appeared on his D-Board, a little too late to the duel stage and as a result could only watch from the sidelines with Ai. When Onizuka mocked him for being late, he paid no mind to his mockery because something else had caught his attention; it was how the bounty hunter's eyes that once were brimming with confidence during his days as a charisma duelist now looked dull and empty as he kept glaring at him in disdain. He looked like a completely different person and in fact, Playmaker couldn't find any traces of the old Onizuka on him anymore, making him frown. "GO Onizuka... just what the heck has happened to him?"

Playmaker wasn't the only one who witnessed that speed duel. Aside from Kusanagi and Soulburner who arrived even later than him, a certain pale-blonde boy also watched the duel on his laptop, with his silver-haired young master idly standing by behind him and crossing his arms. Spectre and Ryoken had been watching over that exact spot in LINK VRAINS from their headquarters since the moment they picked up two Ignis signals appearing simultaneously right there but instead of interfering like what Playmaker tried to do, they decided to just wait and see, since no matter what the result would be, it wouldn't harm them.

Ryoken silently observed how Earth dueled and immediately noticed the similarity between him and Spectre. He knew Spectre was the origin of the said Ignis all along, but didn't expect his dueling style would closely resemble his. After all, Earth never made contact with Spectre in the last 10 years because he knew that Spectre now belonged to the Hanoi. That meant Earth had perfectly adapted Spectre's dueling style as a kid while the boy never changed his way, as it was the core of his personality. Ryoken wondered if this trait was shared among the Ignis; knowing it could greatly help them in future duels.

The footage continued to play as the duel was nearing its climax. "I tribute Trilithon to equip Gravity Protection to Crystal Heart!" Earth declared, activating his Trap Card in response to Onizuka's card effect that would destroy his monsters. When Earth successfully negated it and reinforced Crystal Heart, he boasted, "How's that?! I protected Crystal Heart!"

Ryoken didn't react at all when Onizuka used his anti-skill to cancel out Earth's skill, but now, his eyebrows furrowed as he impatiently tapped his crossed arms in irritation. He could already see the result of the duel the moment Earth declared that move of his. He scoffed, "Arrogant Ignis. He seals his own fate in a trap that he set himself."

Upon hearing him, Spectre slowly nodded in agreement. "Yes. He chose to keep the 0-ATK monster Crystal Heart on the field instead of the more powerful Trilithon. That can't mean good."

"Exactly. Onizuka just needs to destroy Gravity Protection, cancelling the effect on Crystal Heart, and win the duel by attacking it next."

"But I sort of can understand that Ignis' reasoning," Spectre interjected. His voice was barely audible, but it still managed to reach Ryoken's ears and make him glance at him. At that moment he witnessed how Onizuka's Dinowrestler mercilessly shattered Crystal Heart to bits and dust, just like what Ryoken had predicted, yet he couldn't seem to look away from it as he continued mumbling, "I agree that Crystal Heart must remain protected on the field, no matter what."

"If he wished to protect Crystal Heart, he shouldn't have brought it to the field and based his entire strategy around it in the first place," Ryoken replied with anger in his voice, making Spectre snap his head towards him in shock. He could see how Ryoken's eyes narrowed in pity as he looked at the monitor, even though only for a split second, as he already turned and walked away. "He forgot what was truly important and as a result, he has to pay the price with his life. I'm glad now we'll have less headache to deal with."

Spectre was taken aback for a moment but eventually smiled thinly at Ryoken's reaction. He had known Ryoken long enough to be able to tell that he said those harsh words just to conceal his disappointment. Perhaps he expected the EARTH Ignis to emerge victorious and knock some sense into Onizuka, not the other way around. Spectre knew this because he had been secretly hoping that, too.

"Wait, what's that light?"

Spectre took a quick glance at the monitor when he heard Soulburner's shout. He thought he would be seeing how the bounty hunter wholly absorbed Earth into his duel disk, but instead, he was just in time to see a flash of light snatching Earth and taking him away from that place. His eyes widened ever so slightly as he promptly replayed the footage in slow motion. He zoomed in to that exact scene and narrowed his eyes at what he had found. "Is that... Supremacy Berry?"

"That dummy!" Ryoken suddenly appeared behind him, startling him by pounding his desk. That was the first time in his life Spectre saw that distressed expression on Ryoken's face and how it quickly contorted in fury after he'd seen the live footage. He didn't dare question him when he bolted out of the room and left him alone. He glanced at the footage and saw the other bounty hunters appearing to assist Onizuka and go after that light, making him frown.

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

Meanwhile, Playmaker's team had also made it its objective to go after the illuminated thing that took Earth away. Before, Playmaker told his companions he actually managed to catch a glimpse of that light's true form when it passed by. Soulburner and Flame made confused faces after hearing his quick explanation. "Supremacy Berry?" they echoed in sync. "You mean the spell card that will heal you when your LP is lesser than your opponent's but when you have more will deal you effect damage instead?"

"Yeah," Playmaker nodded to confirm Soulburner's curiosity. "Someone's basing their avatar on that card and now is trying to save Earth from GO Onizuka's clutch. Perhaps they had formed some sort of cooperation with him."

"Who, though? I can't picture the kind of person that Earth would want to form cooperation with. He's way too stubborn, after all!" Ai crossed his arms as he tilted his head in wonder.

"Only way to find out is by catching up to them before those pesky hunters do," Flame declared, nodding proudly to himself while pointing at the bounty hunters like he was holding a gun. "If they want to save Earth, we have to assist them! Right?"

But neither Soulburner nor Playmaker answered, because they had already shifted their attention to a portal that suddenly opened way higher above their heads. Playmaker's eyes quickly widened when he saw the boy who fell out of that portal. Long white lab coat with black linings fluttered wildly behind his back as the visor that shielded his sharp purple eyes gleamed under the fake sunray. Without a hitch, he landed on his D-Board and went ahead without batting an eye at them, focusing on the path before him.

"It's Revolver! He's been watching the duel all along, after all!" Soulburner exclaimed angrily at him while clenching his fist. "He's also targeting Earth, huh? We have to get there before him, Playmaker! I'm going ahead!"

Without waiting for an answer, Soulburner left Playmaker behind with his own thoughts, not noticing his frown. Playmaker's frown deepened as he tried to ignore the discomfort in his heart that he felt immediately upon seeing Revolver, but failed when he suddenly remembered something that Ryoken said to him at school:

"In fact, I should've been the one to ask you for an explanation regarding my sister."

"Playmaker!" Ai's call managed to snap him back into reality. He glanced at Ai's face and found concern there. "Are you alright? What's weighing on your mind?"

After a pause, Playmaker closed his eyes as if he just made up his mind. "There are three things, actually. But first, hold on tight," he urged, pushing the subject aside and facing the front. "We'll be going at full speed."

"Huh? Oh, o--kaaAYY?! WHOAAAAH!! YOU WEREN'T KIDDING!!!!"

Ai's loud panicked scream could be heard splitting the air as Playmaker swiftly spurred his D-Board forward to catch up with the light. "One!" he yelled out, steadying his stance while ignoring his self-proclaimed partner's plea to go slower, "This whole situation is weird. We're chasing some unknown person who appeared out of nowhere to save Earth. Two; the appearance of Revolver is also weird. Soulburner is wrong, he's not here for Earth. Revolver has never been interested in you Ignis; he's only ever interested in annihilating you and that's why he only watched the duel and did nothing until now. And three; then, what--or rather, who made him come here in person? He must've known their identity, and knowing what they're up to, now he is trying to help them."

"As. Expected. Of. You. To. Figure. It out. But. What. Convinced. You???" Ai's words bounced as he tried his best to keep his humanoid form intact, arms flailing above his head.

"Just yesterday, he asked me something that I failed to understand. Why didn't he just tell me what he meant back then?" Playmaker gritted his teeth. "Then again, I should've never listened to Takeru and let Mirai distance herself from me in the first place!"

"I understand. Your. Feelings. But. It. Couldn't. Be. Helped. Right!!!" Ai shrieked again before finally giving up and going into the duel disk. He said, in his eyeball form, "Phew! Are we there yet?"

"Almost!" Playmaker yelled back. He maneuvered through the floating debris and came across a slide to launch himself to a higher sky, jumping over a surprised Soulburner, and landing on a data stream way ahead of him. He only stopped accelerating after he finally reached Revolver, who was commanding Topologic Bomber Dragon to force the remaining bounty hunters into logging out. "Revolver!" He called out, but the boy refused to acknowledge him, instead he kept directing his stern glare at the sparrow that still carried Earth in her small talons. She was hovering midair now and the light that she emanated had dimmed, probably because of exhausting herself, and that made Playmaker able to get her username and see Earth up close. Strangely, the EARTH Ignis didn't move.

"Earth...?" Ai quietly murmured, noticing something off with his friend.

"What's the matter, Earth-chan? Talk to me! Please!" that sparrow, MIRIA, cried out. "Aqua-chan was right, but I truly want to help you! B-Because, we are friends... and you promised me you will rebuild your home and teach me how to pronounce your true name! Won't you?"

"MIRIA," Revolver's deep, yet emotionless voice called her. "That Ignis is probably--"

"...not the real body."

The three's attention was quickly directed to the eerie voice that echoed from their left side. A portal soon opened there after a shining four-pointed star appeared and tore a hole in the sky. They watched in bafflement as Lightning appeared from within that portal and casually greeted them. "Good day, everyone."

"Lightning!" Playmaker seethed upon seeing him, while MIRIA gasped and Revolver sent him a sharp glare. "So you bastard decided to show up now of all times? To what do we owe the pleasure?"

The LIGHT Ignis cackled in response, all while clapping his hands, as if he was just witnessing the most extravagant play in the world. "Haha! Please, I didn't come all the way here for you two boring humans."

Lightning focused his attention on MIRIA, bowing politely. "Hello, it's an honor to meet you. I am Lightning, the LIGHT Ignis."

Upon seeing his gesture, Revolver and Playmaker held out their arms in front of MIRIA in instinct, protecting her as she muttered, "Lightning..."

"Just Lightning? You're not adding -chan behind my name?" Lightning tilted his head to the side. "Well, no matter. I still came here to personally thank you on behalf of the Ignis for helping Earth find the long-lost WATER Ignis, Aqua."

"You did what?" Playmaker widened his eyes at her in disbelief and Revolver seemed to have the same question as him, but MIRIA ignored them, instead replying to the yellow Ignis, "More importantly, Lightning! You're Earth-chan's friend, right? Please, you have to help him! He didn't respond to my call!"

Lightning blinked. "Ah? But that's to be expected. Remember what I said? You see, the 'Earth' that you were bringing with you is just an afterimage. The 'real' Earth has been absorbed by that bounty hunter's duel disk, at the moment he was defeated."

"No way!" MIRIA let out a loud gasp as just like Lightning said, the 'Earth' that she was carrying slowly lost its form and eventually dissolved into yellow dust, almost like how Crystal Heart got destroyed. "How could this happen? I-I was sure I had grabbed him!"

"You didn't, it was all just SOL's trick. LINK VRAINS belongs to them after all, so it's pretty easy to pull something like that."

"You're saying he's really in SOL's possession right now, Lightning?" Ai exclaimed to his friend's claim in protest, "Then we have to hurry save him now before something terrible happens to him!"

"I don't want to," Lightning crossed his arms as he shook his head. "He engaged in a duel by his own free will and lost in the end. Therefore, he should bear responsibility for his own actions and accept his fate."

"But--!"

"No," Lightning emphasized, eyes narrowing sharply, before they quickly reverted to their original form as he looked at MIRIA again. "I hope that answers your question, MIRIA-chan. Now before I leave, I have something for you. Please accept my parting gift."

Lightning snapped his fingers and at that moment, a yellow light engulfed MIRIA. In just mere seconds, her sparrow avatar transformed into a human girl with short bob hair and long strands of silver hair framing her small face, with a pair of semi-transparent wings added behind her back. Unlike Playmaker and Revolver who looked surprised at her current appearance, she didn't react, as she was still lamenting for what happened to Earth. "There you go, that suits you better than that sorry sparrow form. I knew it, Earth's taste was really awful when he gave you that avatar."

"What? He wasn't!" MIRIA finally answered, snapping her head upwards to look at Lightning in disapproval. "I'll let you know it was me who chose that form, and..."

She stopped halfway through her sentence when she suddenly could feel her losing balance. Her pair of wings gradually disappeared and completely vanished as soon as Lightning was done explaining, "Oh, right. Flying in that form consumes your stamina, so seeing how you're already exhausted now, those wings probably won't hold out much longer. Next time, you should be wiser when you get to use it again. Well then, I should take my leave now. I'm so glad to have met you, MIRIA."

"I..." MIRIA murmured, her consciousness slowly slipping away and falling down. As her body plummeted, she could faintly hear distressed voices calling her name, but in contrast to them, she felt at peace. After a while, her eyes fluttered open and that was when she realized she had already logged out and returned to her bedroom. Mirai sprang up and quickly reached for her phone, swiping the screen and tapping the app that Earth specifically made for her,

...but nothing happened.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1M 40.7K 49
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
502K 10.6K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
296K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
426K 15.1K 92
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...